Main character is the last boss

>main character is the last boss

Attached: 0FB328B9-DC52-4FA4-8984-DD6F41B9B12D.png (1611x805, 1002K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3n1T3HxHd7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y
transgendertrend.com/a-scientist-reviews-transgender-suicide-stats/
youtu.be/axT_RojfaRs
pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/142/4/e20174218?sso=1&sso_redirect_count=1&nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR: No local token
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

JJ is such a fucking hack.

>haha, that's silly
>look it up
>it's fucking real
How did Disney manage to assassinate arguably the biggest, most important franchise of all time, within two short years? Was it intentional?

The same way they shit out a dozen terrible live-action remakes of their beloved animated properties.

>within two short years?
But TFA was in 2012

So this is going to be a temporary 'what if' thing Rey is seeing right? Kinda like Evil Ryu

It was not.

Wait people don't like this? It's probably just going to be some bullshit vision scene of a bad end, but if she actually falls to the dark side that's pretty kino. Only way you can make her interesting at this point.

They wouldn't put an actual rey spoiler into the teaser or whatever like that.

Even as a sith she looks bland lul

TFA wasn't abysmal. It wasn't anything special, but it could've worked if the second movie made it mean something. But it didn't, and TFA is worse off for it.
It's too late. You can't redeem a character in the closing act by making them evil, especially with her "conflicts" in 8.

Well, I'd rather see her go dark and get owned because bad guys never win than have her save the day. Again.

There's a lot of people that like it, actually. I really don't, it's just stupid. It makes no sense for Rey to go to the dark side.
Episode VIII really fucked this trilogy. It wasn't the best, but it wasn't that bad. It's worse than Episode I, and that says a lot

who didnt see this coming? they are obvious gonna try and have a big twist like the original twist, the han shit in the first movie was just to throw you off.

Rather have her die and kylo do something.

>It was not.
>TFA wasn't abysmal.
Because you both are too retarded to see how TFA destroyed Star Wars doesn't change what happened, the single Star Killer base is stupid and lore wreaking enough and that without entering into Smoke or the FO or the No Rebels, TFA killed Star Wars and TLJ Killed Nu Wars

What's her Sith name?

Attached: 423CA737-B6BB-4A7B-9E9D-ABED4E336F2E.jpg (807x803, 49K)

wow she hit the wall HARD

darth cuntis

Darth Tuu Skuups

Darth Stinky

Kylo is the Sykwalker. Rey isn't. The movie is called Rise of Skywalker. Also, she's exactly like Anakin in that she learned all that Jedi bs after puberty and she's aggressive af. Kylo was trained from birth. He's mopey and contemplative, but he can be turned around. If you watched the prequel trilogy, this should've all been evident in Force Awakens.

Darth Mary or maybe Darth Sue

The problem is that Rian went out of his way to try and sabotage JJ. Now if they redeem kylo, it'll make them look like they didn't know whether to have him be good or bad (because they didn't) after he made his decision in 8.

Darth Redav

Darth Vulva

If they had done the role reversal in 8 it would have been fine, but they made such a big fucking deal about
>Kylo falls back to the dark side
>Rey is the fucking lord and savior Jesus Christ of the Jedi
That it's almost schizophrenic to then make them actually change roles in 9

Attached: 1485621494950.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

>make a nu Star Wars trilogy to "complete the Skywalker saga"
>main character is a stubborn mary sue with no connection to the Skywalkers
BRAVO DISNEY YOU REALLY SUBVERTED MY EXPECTATIONS NOW I'LL TAKE 10 X-WING TOYS PLEASE

youtu.be/3n1T3HxHd7Y
>half of the "special look" is just scenes from the other movies

I mean the "new" trilogy is just a rehash of the original trilogy

>even the trailers are 90% rehashing
you really can't make this shit up lmao

Darth Schumer

They know what sells.

"Rise of Skywalker" doesn't necessarily mean Rise to Jedi Master - it could be like the Rise of the Empire, a rise to evil. Assuming she's a Skywalker, anyways. Kylo IS technically a Skywalker, since his mom was. But honestly, the whole "redeem the bad guy" shtick is bland and boring as fuck and I'd like to think they're not THAT retarded. Then again, TLJ as a whole was the stupidest shit I'd ever seen, so...

>You thought we were just going to remake ROTJ, but surprise we're adapting Dark Empire
m-muh expectations

Darth Imagine

the same reason disney manage to kill itself slowly years after years. and strangely all of that happened When the Disney family wasn't in charge anymore

Darth bitchus

Why doesn't it make sense? Kylo straight up had a vision of her turning to the dark side. Yeah Snoke was connecting them but her vision came true. She has no qualities of a Jedi. I feel like Dark Rey would be the only cool direction they can go with her.

>Disney doesn't have a clear vision of what direction to take the new trilogy
>Rather than keeping a single director on board for each movie who can maintain a consistent direction, they autistically assign a different director for each movie
>Backfires horribly and turns the trilogy into such a clusterfuck that they have to backpedal and bring the first director back for the last movie
What was Disney thinking

>rehashing ANH and ESB was just a clever ploy to subvert our expectations one last time

Attached: 1566577000925.jpg (636x358, 29K)

Why is Yea Forums mad about this? At least if she goes to the dark side she cant be a fucking Mary Sue anymore. And maybe we will have based Kylo save the day and btfo of her. You guys really cant be pleased

I'm tellin you, the sabotage was intentio

>But honestly, the whole "redeem the bad guy" shtick is bland and boring as fuck

You just described all of Star Wars though.. why would they change now?

If the rumours that George Lucas kept the residual earnings for his characters and creations are true then yes.

Darth Scissorus

Maybe Kylo wont be a good guy per se, but a lesser of two evils

We're mad because it's all shit

Definitely going to be time travel

Sure. But this has to be the best conclusion to this heap of shit. I mean would you really prefer the ending just Rey mary sue-ing up a victory again?

Attached: neat trick.webm (1600x666, 319K)

Least that's consistent.

Darth Reyvan

The fact of the matter is that any continuation would have felt superfluous because the story ended with RotJ. That said they could have at least made a crowd pleasing trilogy about the child of Luke and the child of Leia training as Jedi
while the New Republic deals with an imperial remnant that is essentially the new rebellion, and thrown fanservice like a holocron of Revan that tempts the children and a quest for the Starforge in. But instead they decided to be "bold" and rehash the OT and claiming they're original because "it's actually a salt planet, see!"

This looks like garbage

Sure. But an abrupt course correction is better than no course correction at all

There's no way last jedi wasn't some kind of inside job. That man made it his life's mission to get appointed to a starwars movie and destroy the series due to some kind of deep seated hatred of starwars.

it looks so bad i woouldn't be surprised if it was made to "swerve" people, like Abrams loves to do in every fucking movies he's made.

Attached: swerve.gif (446x250, 3.81M)

Well you're right. At the same time, however, I don't think the story is redeemable. It legitimately feels like they went out of their way to make it as terrible as possible, even referencing their own lack of creativity (salt lmao).

The way she just stands there jerking her arm back and forth looks so awkward.

So any theories on how this shits gonna happen? I think it will be something along the lines of:
>Rey travels to the death star wreckage, still good at this point
>gets corrupted/possessed by Palpatines ghost
>Kylos is visited by Force Ghost Anakin who convinces him to change his ways

Attached: aiportraits_1563767692.jpg (512x512, 19K)

kek

The closeup shot of her face looks so fake but the rest looks sort of real wtf is going on here bros am I being bamboozled?

Attached: 1566674969131.jpg (567x809, 558K)

Reminder that Abrams is known for his whole "misdirection" bullshit and this whole Darth Rey leak exists purely to build hype and discussion for an ass pull that's going to leave you butthurt later for not seeing it coming a mile away.

Its from the trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y

>death star wreckage
didn't it totally disintegrate?

its a scene where palpatine tries to tempt rey to the dark side and shows her a 'possible future'

its basically advertising for the movie and this entire board is falling for it hard

Attached: 12312321.jpg (964x1024, 95K)

It's already been leaked. That shit is just a vision, Kylo is the one that actually gets possessed and Rey has to defeat him. Palpy then tries to possess her but she's so pure and good that he fails and gets destroyed in the process. Luke's ghost then pops by and resurrects Kylo who's now good LMAO. Fin.

Palpatine's ghost used the force to pull the pieces back together.

>rey is sleep agent clones placed all over the place
>she bump her head and forgot she clone but remember now
>kylo knew and killed rey clones 'cause they were knights of ren
>ren was a typo, it was meant to be knights of rey
>kylo is a bad guy but he still wants people to have a choice
>kylo helps rey be good, but her choices is wrong so they fight
>darth vader tells kylo to stop
>he force lightnings
>becomes twilek
>roll credits

Nah, that was just because of vfx reasons, I think. The death star always canonically turned into wreckage.

Did you not see the original trailer with Palpatine laughing at the end? She is looking out over the wreckage of what is very obviously the death star

Darth Kunt.

Darth Barrenia

Shes only like 25 or something

>it's another shallow attempt by a rehashed badguy to seduce an undeveloped protagonist over to their side episode
Have fun guys I'm out.

Attached: 1565879972030.png (1016x886, 755K)

See this is the worst possible ending. Rey literally being more powerful than Palpatine, and Kylo/Palpatine combined. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit

Did noone else notice 3po's eyes were red? Did big poppa palpatine possess him too?

D E V I L I S H

this can't be real

I dont buy it. This sounds like all those other "leaks" from about a year ago or whatever

YOU CAN BE CRUELER THAN THAT, JACK

Attached: thumb0-640x360.jpg (640x360, 43K)

It's just a vision she has. Remember, JJ has to copy literally everything.
Even this fucking whole design is stolen from a reylo fanart

sounds stupid enough to make sense. If only they didn't waste time with the TLJ by setting this up instead of rushing into it.

I still can't believe they made the sequel take place an hour after the last one and then be finished in the space of a few hours. Mess

How the fuck is the OT so visually stunning even when being put side by side modern films?

After TLJ everything is possible.

Attached: 5ca.jpg (570x558, 260K)

simple, SOUL vs SOULLESS

So it'll be a mixture between ESB and RotJ?

Would this make the movie at least partially kino?

At least going by the more reliable spoilers this can only be Palpatine attempting to possess her and showing visions rather than an actual scene.

If it is an actual scene, it seems like it could only be at the very end if there is actually an unknown final battle beyond the one mentioned in the more believable leaks.

Basically, the only way this scene can be real is if the Rey and Kylo vs Black cloak person battle that has been reported by set sources actually isn't the final battle and then she gets possessed for the actual final one. It seems very unlikely to me though since it sounds like that would make things really rushed.

no, they always expected someone to be at the wreckage

Is that supposed to be Rey? I thought it was winona ryder, she looks like she's 50 in this image

>shoving an obvious illusion/vision in the trailer to trick the gullible soifans

Attached: rolling.gif (352x217, 1.39M)

Attached: the evil dragon and the distressed damsel.png (370x518, 488K)

>phasma is supposed to be the strong female villain
>they give her zero opportunities to be cool, she just gets punked constantly.
>invent some new strong female badguy because you fucked up

When was the last time star wars was enjoyable?

Attached: 1566711062407.jpg (1024x576, 1.01M)

Darth Sundowner

Darth MadeKyloMyBitch

That ridiculous design in OP and many others like it from modern SW is done purely from a visual/trailerbait standpoint rather than any kind of in universe consistency. It's the same reason for that retarded hyperspace ram in TLJ. Introduce the fact that hyperspace can now be used as a weapon in order to bring to question everything that came before (why didn't they just ram the Death Star?) for the sake of a cool looking visual.

It's no wonder all this Disney Wars shit is so fucking soulless.

Darth 13%

TFA and rogue one were perfectly acceptable movies, its just a shame that they're relying entirely on nostalgia to prop them up as anything more than OK

Clone Wars

When I played kotor2 for the first time 3 years ago.

Prequels. Not really the movies, but the games coming out at that time.

Why are the red lightsabers the evil one?

I get that. And I do believe its most likely just a vision (worst outcome). But maybe there is a sliver of hope. The name of the film implies it could be Kylo being redeemed. Also some of the other "reliable" leaks have been seemingly proven false.

Darth Loli

It will 100% be a vision or a dark alternate timeline. There's no way they'd let their built up sue end up evil. Then again who really even cares at this point?

It's just gonna be a bait and switch image like when Luke got into that cave of evil thingies

She obviously uses the force to make sure she doesn't kill herself while using this weapon. It shows how adept she is, she doesn't even need a teacher. She's a true genius prodigy, unlike that bitch Kylo Ren who is merely "better than average"

it's a hypothetical force cave vision
you guys are fucking morons and far dumber than the zoomers who actually enjoy these shitty movies

Attached: 1566006886748.png (1052x795, 884K)

Red has always been the color of evil

Attached: 1200px-Republican_Disc.svg.png (1200x1200, 79K)

Clone Wars.

Attached: IT AINT ME.webm (941x400, 2.31M)

Made using synthetic crystals that always come up red since Sith don't have access to proper lightsaber crystals

>people still believing leaks
Why exactly? What makes these leaks trustworthy in your mind??

Darth Sue

Whenever the Force Unleashed came out

that's not canon anymore, they're red because the crystals are bleeding because of bad dark side energy.

Literally not making this up

>Hey were filming this really dark scene where the major source of light is this cg lightsaber, should we use real lights to shoot this or what?
>Nah we'll just CGI some light effects later
$300 million dollar budget well spent there.

Because in the old canon they used synthetic crystals unlike the Jedi to make the sabers which turned red during the forging process.

It's fucked either way. If they end with the MC becoming evil, they've fucked with the trilogy structure and will ruin Star Wars, which is supposed to be the safest/truest example of the hero's journey. It will also (rightfully) be regarded as degenerate by the masses.

If it's just another bait and switch (which it 100% is), people will be just as pissed off. There is no scenario where this is a good decision and JJ isn't a hack.

Why replace a sound explanation with a dumb one?

When Jedi Academy was released so in 2003. That was the last good star wars related thing ever released. Battlefront is a meme and the cg cartoon shows are gay

Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars? Yeah, I agree.

Because it has to be new and exciting, not old and lame, no matter if it's logical.

Attached: 1513671979516.jpg (1200x546, 151K)

Darth Rey, because Disney don't think people are smart enough to remember multiple names for the same character

No idea. They also got rid of colour crystals now so you tune yourself to the crystal and it matches with your soul for some bs

Wait, did this movie get leaked?

Darth Metwo

How so? What if they make Kylo save the day in the end??

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't buying that bullshit in episode 8

Everyone around me was like "omg it was so good" and I was just like.... (no comment)

It would actually be an interesting turn but also would have had little buildup to it given how they wrote everything so far and they're too cowardly to pull it off.

Kylo can't be regarded as a hero at this point because of how much evil he's committed. He can have a redemption arc where he proves that everyone has some good in them, but he can't be a full-blown hero.

It looked good, which is all the common pleb that just want to turn off his brain for 2 hours needs.

I'm ok with this.

Before TCW and Force Unleashed came out.
So 2007?

So therefore, Obiwan Kenobi is actually Miki Sayaka because his lightsaber is blue and he fucking dies all the time?

Attached: Sayaka_magical_outfit_1.png (1270x1560, 2.01M)

TCW fans are such cherrypicking faggots.
>look at this cool Umbara arc! Now forget all the cringey Droid shit, or Jar-Jar shit, or Padme shit, or Grievous getting beaten by Gungans, just forget it goyim! Look at Umbara and nothing else!

It makes no sense for Rey to be a jedi. Having her turn to the dark side is probably the only interesting thing that will happen

Nah, Obiwan wasn't a bitch

Darth Fuckedupwumbus

I love Obi Wan I love Ewan I love his beard and his beautiful eyes I want him so bad. The scene in the Christopher Robin movie when he's like "I'm covered in honey" is my guiltiest fap. There I said it, bye

Pee Pee Poo Poo Mary Sue

Darth Perro Caca

Ewan is a beautiful man, there is no shame user.

How does she manage to look confused or unsure of what she is supposed to be doing in every scene that she’s in? Do the directors just not what it takes to instruct and make her do it better?

Gonna borrow this thread to laugh at someone
> Among non-binary youth, 41.8 percent of respondents stated that they had **attempted** suicide at some point in their lives."
> however, show clear demographic differences between suicide attempters and those who die by suicide. **While almost 80 percent of all suicide /deaths/ occur among males**, about 75 percent of suicide attempts are made by females.

>We do not know whether these general population patterns hold true for transgender people but in the absence of supporting data, we should be especially careful not to extrapolate findings about suicide attempts among transgender adults to imply conclusions about completed suicide in this population.
transgendertrend.com/a-scientist-reviews-transgender-suicide-stats/
>literally first pic shows it's going by the **attempts**

YOU LITERALLY PROVED ME RIGHT YOU IDIOT!

White men kill themselves far more than trans people. Your only source that wasn't a blog say so

Attached: 101101.png (379x370, 204K)

swerve?

Cancerous normalfag term for some stupid bullshit.

Rogue One

kek

>Main character is last boss
>Knows they’re going to be the last boss
>The whole time they’ve been prepping their sidekick and only true friend to put them down once they innevitably become the world ending demonic vessel they were meant to be.
>The final battle has you playing as the sidekick fighting against the now insane main character to save the world.

Attached: 52C0C2DF-CD24-44E0-AB11-93C29598178B.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

Unironically SOUL vs. SOULESS

What if the rise of skywalker means the rise of kylo (his mother is skywalker). He is the good guy and the alien faced bitch is the baddy.

>safest/truest example of the hero's journey
You mean LotR?

Darth Two Sticks

Reminded me of this.

Attached: noblman swerve.jpg (960x895, 259K)

this looks like a deviantart edit

Can someone spoil the entire leak for me? I stopped caring about Star Wars after The Last Jedi

Clone Wars.

Darth dikonli

They look really cool.

LOL

Attached: 94A06E7D-FBD2-4F89-89AF-E4E6683484C5.png (720x471, 790K)

darth icky

why on a Thursday?

>the biggest, most important franchise of all time
LOL

Can someone post THAT webm of minimum wage Rey. Please

It's on Yea Forums, just check the catalog

Sounds kino, what game?

No one's ever really gone.....

This is nothing
Not only would this be too kino for Disney and JJ, to expose Rey for the powerhungry, selfish mary sue that she is, but they're not gonna reveal this in a fucking teaser.
This is most likely just a vision, like Vader on Dagobah, and only appears for 5 seconds, for Rey to confront and once again show just how much of a special good girl she is, but they only put this in the teaser to get attention, because no one is speaking about episode 9 otherwise. Pathetic.

Wow shit that's pretty crap

Glad I stopped caring about this franchise

>They shopped in a toy of Palpy in an official poster

LMAO the absolute state of Disney Wars

Attached: 1ac (1).jpg (601x599, 37K)

"Gee, golly, gosh, gloriosky," thought Mah Rey Sue as she stepped on the bridge of the Millenium Falcon. "Here I am, the youngest Jedi Master in the galaxy - only fifteen and a half years old." Han Solo came up to her.

"Oh, Lieutenant, I love you madly. Will you come to bed with me?" "Captain! I am not that kind of girl!" "You're right, and I respect you for it. Here, take over the ship for a minute while I go get some coffee for us." Luke Skywalker came onto the bridge. "What are you doing in the command seat, Mah Rey Sue?" "The Han Solo told me to." "Flawlessly wise. I admire your mind."

Han Solo, Luke, R2D2 and Princess Leia landed with Mah Rey Sue in Tatooine. They were attacked by Sand People and thrown into prison. In a moment of weakness Mah Rey Sue revealed to Luke Skywalker that she too was a Skywalker. Recovering quickly, she sprung the lock with her hairpin and they all got away back to the ship.

But back on board, Princess Leia and Mah Rey Sue found out that the men who had gone to Tatooine were seriously stricken by the jumping cold robbies, Mah Rey Sue less so. While the four officers languished in Sick Bay, Mah Rey Sue ran the ship, and ran it so well she received the Nobel Peace Prize, the Medal of Bravery and the Gungan Order of Good Guyhood.

However the disease finally got to her and she fell fatally ill. In the Sick Bay as she breathed her last, she was surrounded by Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Chewbacca, all weeping unashamedly at the loss of her beautiful youth and youthful beauty, intelligence, capability and all around niceness. Even to this day her birthday is a national holiday of the Republic.

Is going to be something retarded like, Rey close to killing Kylogram, she gets this vision of her future self and stops

Golly gee retardo, you're right! Now if only it were a TV show and you didn't have to watch the shitry episodes...

Better fanfic than nu-wars

youtu.be/axT_RojfaRs

Fanfic?
that's the leaked script

>muh 27 trans people
I find it hard to believe that blogger is an actual scientist. First off, you'd be hard pressed to find 2000 trans people ANYWHERE. Secondly, you need a randomized sample to ensure you're not overlooking any other confounding factors (ie economic status, race, location, religion, etc). Lastly, you need to compare them to a baseline, so having a large sample of other adolescents is important.

That blogger's only criticism is sample size and if he wasn't a lazy, disingenuous fuck, he'd search and find other independent studies that confirmed the same result-- that trans people have really fucking high suicide rates:

pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/142/4/e20174218?sso=1&sso_redirect_count=1&nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR: No local token