Adults bad, brainwashing good

Adults bad, brainwashing good

Attached: Persona-5.jpg (550x677, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IORp_o7bnvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

t. played a game with my ass

Yes, themes that resonate with the game's target audience.

Not sure what is more overrated on Yea Forums - P5, Witcher 3, Zelda BotW, or Dark Souls.

The game was made for teenagers. What did you expect? I was hoping Haru's arc would have actually had a falling out between the PT's, alongside them recognizing and acknowledging how destructive their powers could be. Instead we got whiny cat boy ft. beauty thief in the space colony arc, and it was awful. Persona needs to take notes from Three Houses in terms of plot, characters, and how to implement a school setting into the gameplay properly from the looks of things. I really hope Royal ends up being full blown Innocent Sin like the P2fags are saying it will.

Attached: image.jpg (1400x2000, 265K)

Attached: 1543784008213.png (700x913, 300K)

Why would people cry over a game everyone played for free on their hacked PS3 or with an emulator?

>The game was made for teenagers
He says this while shilling a game that doesn't even like showing blood.

Attached: 1566016535861.jpg (800x800, 60K)

>Implying this is criticism
Learn how to accept criticism, please.
This is nowhere near shilling, but even then blood doesn't make a game mature.

I mean what did you expect after 4? It's not gonna be some thoughtful and nuanced experience. It knows it's otaku bait, and doesn't try to be more than that. It's great as is it too.

>blood=mature
You know that shit like Sniper Elite is more popular with kids, right

>Hey look Haru, we can enter this place called a palace and change people's minds for the better!
>Oh whoops, your very first experience with this creepy otherworldly place killed your dad
>"No it's ok, I trust you guys"
Dumbest shit in the entire game. Haru behaved like the plot demanded, not like an actual person would.

>I was hoping Haru's arc would have actually had a falling out between the PT's
It did.
>alongside them recognizing and acknowledging how destructive their powers could be
They already did the first time Morgana told Joker and Ryuji about it. It would’ve been retarded for them to be realizing that so late into the game.
>Persona needs to take notes from Three Houses in terms of plot
No it doesn’t.
>characters
Most FE characters especially in 3H are just one-note archetypes.
>how to implement a school setting
You mean just like how P3-P5 is except instead of playing through every single day you just skip to the story important days?
>I really hope Royal ends up being full blown Innocent Sin like the P2fags are saying it will.
You’re fucking retarded holy shit.

>The game was made for teenagers.
and Fire Emblem in general isn't?

>main character is basically "if Ghost Rider was a filthy gypsy"

did you miss the part where he was selling off his daughter to be plowed by the creepy guy.

I swear you people have 0 social awareness.

Why is every character so fucking retarded? People shit on Ryuji and Ann for having single digit IQs but the rest of the cast never surpass double digits except for the one ridiculous keikaku moment

>only realize by endgame that brainwashing people may not be such a good idea

geez, you think?

Adults are bad and cause all the world's problems, so not inaccurate.

Silly user, Haru isn't underdeveloped in the slightest! Changing the story to actually fix stupid things and develop existing characters is stupid. Now take this $60 glorified expansion pack with a new major waif-"character." She's a gymnast user! Don't you find splits and leotards sexy?

Considering this was developed after the Fukushima disaster I really don't think anyone should be surprised that the game includes a lot of "adults bad" messaging

Take your medicine, you sound angry. That aside though, Persona doesn't even have anything interesting going on with the school. It's essentially only there as a setting where you acquire some social links, and that's about it really. The Monastery in TH's has far more interaction and mechanics revolving around it.

>My father doing something bad to me means that I want him to be brutally murdered.
I swear you didn't pay attention to Haru basically saying "he may be a horrible man, but he's still my Father. I have to help him."

Take your medicine, you sound angry.

And? They make him realise the error of his ways. He was working people to death literally. The guy was a pretty bad guy unless you're a brainless Ancap i really don't understand why they defend the father

time to change the hearts of all the adults who won't buy you skyrim for the 4th time

Attached: 1566334618089.jpg (2696x4044, 666K)

political marriges happen all the time. its not the end of the World.

>The Monastery in TH's has far more interaction and mechanics revolving around it.
Well you're comparing a semi-realistic japanese high school to a fantasy medieval combat academy so of course one is going to be more interesting than the other.

It really didn't, and it didn't have any serious impact either. Morgana getting upset over Ryuji's statements, and having a childish tantrum because he didn't know how to express his inferiority could have been executed far better. That entire arc in general has been branded poorly by the consensus.
>One note archetypes
Like the main characters in P5 don't suffer from these exact same archetypes? Pot, meet kettle.
>School
The School in Three Houses is way more immersive, honestly. The school settings in Persona games have never really functioned as anything more than a setting. You meet Social Links, you occasionally answer questions and boost your stats, but that's really about it.

Just because you're fine with it doesn't mean the character was (and she clearly wasn't). Makes sense that a gamer on Yea Forums would be fine with have a woman forced to marry them being the only way it'll ever happen

Just read Homunculus if you want a more mature take on some similar concepts.
>play a japanese game
>wait a minute I've seen this shit before
Every time.

Attached: 60.jpg (728x1037, 185K)

You speak as if they couldn't have squeezed more effort into the school aspect of Persona. Off the top of my head, they could have respective classes boost certain stats, or allow you to acquire abilities, and etc via mini games. It doesn't take much effort to make the school aspect more enthralling.

>makes an argument
>"You are wrong, Adachi! Because...! Because wrong!"
At least P4 got best characters, P5 only got graphics

Attached: Adachi.png (554x838, 209K)

>It really didn't
Don't move the goalpost.
>Like the main characters in P5 don't suffer from these exact same archetypes?
So you agree that FE has nothing but one note archetypes?
>The school settings in Persona games have never really functioned as anything more than a setting
Maybe because that's not the point of the game like 3H is?

Read the post you originally responded to. You said that a 17 year old girl hardly reacting emotionally to her own father being brutally murdered on live tv directly as a result of their own actions as realistic and said that user had "no social awareness."

>yeah I killed that stupid thot, but you see, here's an argument!
I bet you think unabomber made sense too.

of course. women are property

Pretty sure Yea Forums hates all of those now

Man, Cvit really ripped this game apart. I can't believe how much I had just turned my brain off and went along with shit that was going on in the game.

>"if that thot would have just accept her shadow, she would not have to die!"

beat that argument (you cant)

>throw inside the tv = kill
Retard, play the game
Aslo
>not willing thots to be killed
Even more retard

>>throw inside the tv = kill
Actually no

So disappointed. The power to change evil and they go after a gym teacher and a plagiarizer. I wanted it to escalate but it never did. Where was the illuminati or something interesting. It was so bad. I think the games are enjoyable but the stories just get worse and worse and the series just gets more popular. Shameful.

>throw inside the tv = kill
Yes?
Pushing someone in a den of lions doesn't mean your clear of murder.

If you were in their shoes, wouldn't you have done the same? Get expelled and sent to juvie, or brainwash your gym teacher whom you don't even like. Seems like a no brainer.

That is what I'm trying to say to this user who talks shit about Adachi

Attached: 1546460216620.png (645x729, 70K)

fuck off with your favorite youtuber.

But it does. They wouldn't have fallen in if you pushed them

You can defeat your own shadow, it's not fucking lions

>Taking some nitpicking literally who that doesn't know what "brevity is whit of the soul" means over forming your own opinion based on what you saw.

Attached: 1539668394135.png (128x113, 29K)

Most boomers are in fact pretty bad people

it was an accident. (the first one was anyway)

Fuck I meant to reply to

I don't even think you watched that entire 5 hour video.

Women are a subclass inheriting from people class, you moron.

You're not me

youtu.be/IORp_o7bnvM

Boomers not = adults, P5 adults are older

>Give Ryuji shit all game, during storyline and combat dialog alike
>Ryuji goes "haha isn't Mona kind of useless" once
>cue butthurt character arc
That reaction only confirms Morgana was originally meant to be a woman.

t. salty P5 fanboys

A majority of his points were solid, and I agree with them. Despite that, I did enjoy the game, but I can fully understand why he didn't.
You don't have to adopt the exact same opinion of anyone you watch, like some kind of fucking sheep.

I did, just not all in one go, because I wasn't even finished with playing P5 while I was watching it, so I had to take a couple breaks when I caught up with where I was in the game.

Why even give a character female voice if it's not a female character

I don't recall moving any goalpost, because my prior point was still focused on events in that respective arc. Again, the little "falling out" wasn't even executed properly because at the end of the day, most of it was wasted on Morgana having a tantrum that took away from most of the impact. Things were patched up with hardly any issues whatsoever.
>So you agree
I don't recall saying the characters didn't have one note aspects to their characterization, unless you misread the original post. We're discussing the main characters in 5 though, who very much have it even worse when it comes to being overly one note in terms of archetypes.
>Maybe because that's not the point of the game?
The school very much is an important aspect of the newer Persona games.

mona sounds like a little boy

So he can lust after "Lady Ann".
That's like half his character.

But is voiced by a woman and not a fucking little boy in P5R with his human form

In Japanese media quite literally every "cutesy" character is voiced by a female. It's almost the same in Western media, but they're much more willing to have males voice characters like Spongebob.

And other half if "go to sleep joker" and "you suck ryuji"

You do realise that user is trying to force this youtuber in to invalidate criticism, right?

>The school very much is an important aspect of the newer Persona games.
Yes but it isn't JUST the school like in 3H.
You go out to restaurants, read books and take up side jobs to get money or raise up your social stats.

>I mean what did you expect after 4?
A well written game since 4 has by far the best written characters out of any Persona game and any JRPG for that matter.

Retard, almost all little boy characters are voiced by females because boys can’t keep that voice forever. He’s a man in P5R because that’s what he wishes he was.

>Maybe because that's not the point of the game like 3H is?
Not him but if it wasn't then they wouldn't have made it a focal point of the game.

>You go out to restaurants, read books and take up side jobs to get money or raise up your social stats.
So you do less than 3H.

>they wouldn't have made it a focal point of the game.
Yeah that's why it isn't.

There was a fall out between the Phantom Thieves, but let's be honest, the entire Okumura scenario was done poorly. A good half of it was spent on Morgana's insecurity issues which took away from the main focus of Haru's situation, and even putting her dad's death into play alongside the PT's getting framed, the execution was bad. There was really no proper delve into morality, or questioning if brainwashing people was really ethical. It's your opinion and you can deny it as much as you wish, but it's easily one of the lower points of the game. Seeing as they don't plan on altering the main story around much either, I guess it'll continue to be piss poor.

Goddamn, the space burger dungeon was annoying.

>makes a 5 hour video
>doesn't rip on the calendar system, the reason for 80% of the game's issues

>well written
Don’t make me fucking laugh. Yukiko is fucking awful and her Scooby Gang aren’t much better.
>yosuke asks if they all should study at his place
>yukiko fucking slaps him
>”Oh you were talking about studying??”
>gets drunk after drinking non-alcoholic drinks
>after she was told that it wasn’t alcohol she was still like “Woahh dude... I don’t remember last night at all...”
>her extremely annoying laughing fits that no human does
>gets the time wrong on the bathhouse and beats up the boys for going in when it’s the men’s turn to bathe and doesn’t apologize after

>You spend a good half of your time in school
>It's not one of the focal points of the game
Excuse me? Just acknowledhe it and move on.

>Yeah that's why it isn't.
That's where the story progresses and your party meet up to discuss current events user.

>That's where the story progresses and your party meet up to discuss current events user
That's the cafe...

I really can't tell if this is a joke, or an unironic comment, but P4 is probably the worst in terms of plot and characterization. P5 was a step up, but that's not saying much.

Half of your time is an understatement because you see each and every day of your school life.
Even FE skips everything except the first day.

Fair enough user, I could never listen to some nerd drone on and on as he nitpicks every little perceived mistake in a game for 5 hours. Video game "essayists" need to realize that 30 - 60 mins is the sweet spot for an analysis and to not talk about every little detail of the game.

That would be the school, not the cafe. Have you actually played the game?

The cafe is a meeting point not where they discuss everything. Even when Futaba joins they're always on their phones in school talking about this shit.

>The school isn't a focal part of the game
>When a good 4 of your party members are met at school
>When it takes up most of your day before you're allowed to do anything else during the evening
>Where you spend most of your time outside of the Cafe, or Mementos
What do you consider focal, exactly?
I'm so glad P5R is changing the dungeons.

I have to wonder if the people who think Morgana sounds like a girl played Bravely Default first. I could understand it then.

>P5 was a step up
5 redeemed 4. Both have skippable plot at best but 5 had 3 times as much cutscenes and exposition.

>5 had 3 times as much cutscenes and exposition.
Yeah and it was still better than the shit that 4 had.

The problem with 5 is that the exposition and "development" felt incredibly half assed.

WE'RE ROLLING DEEP INTO YOUR UNDERGROUND CRIB

nah

P4 is honestly the only game I downright couldn't finish. The setting and characters were fine to a degree, but the plot was so damn boring. I just didnt find the murder mystery entertaining, and from what I've heard, the Izanami shit was pants on head retarded, on top of forced.

4 being shorter makes it better by default. I didn't skip anything it even if I disliked the story. 5 I just couldn't take anymore halfway through.

Thanks for proving that P5 is too smart for shitposters

Attached: retard.png (762x480, 607K)

>P4 is honestly the only game I downright couldn't finish.

Attached: qa-meet-the-possum-connoisseurs-taking-over-your--2-7450-1521234640-1_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 101K)

>the Izanami shit was pants on head retarded, on top of forced.
Oh boy if you think that's forced you really don't want to hear about Yaldy.

You must be retarded if think Yaldy was forced.

Are you one of those people who think the character arcs should have been more directly implemented into the story like P3, with the social links as extra exposition into the characters lives? Even putting that aside, yea, the plot development was pretty poor. It has a great start, dips around Kaneshiro, goes up again for Futaba and Sae, then plummets for Okumura, and Shido.

Homunculus is great

Attached: 500B450336004D6E8914391512B719D6.gif (500x379, 876K)

How was it brainwashing though? Every single heart the PT's steal, the "victim" always comes to their own conclusions. The entire game is about stripping away thinking errors from people with mental illness and getting them to see reality.

(You) sir, are based
bp

I actually finished P5, and the Yaldabaoth twist was woven into the plot pretty nicely. I didn't like the ending Mementos stretch, but Igor being off putting was foreshadowed.

I'd roll deep (fuck) into Kawakami's underground crib (butt) if you know what I mean

Attached: 1557068978676.jpg (285x316, 26K)

Way more than Izanami who you're introduced to at the very beginning of the game and have a battle with.

>Adults are useless, corrupt hedonists because...they are useless, corrupt hedonists!
So this is the fabled JRPG writing...

It basically is brainwashing since it alters their perception to allow themselves to expose what they did in the first place. They could even potentially go around killing people just as well if they had so pleased.

Too bad that's the only hint you get for the rest of the game while Yaldy was being foreshadowed the moment Igor spoke.

>but P4 is probably the worst in terms of plot and characterization
You must be retarded then. You are literally the only person in the world who believes this shit holy fuck

So how is he wrong?

Yeah except for the fact that izanami appears regularly on rainy days while there's no real indicator for Yaldy until he makes himself known.

I mean you can cry Igor all you like but the fact of the matter is that most of it comes out of hindsight than actual foreshadowing.

For me it's Makoto.

Attached: 1493997025541.jpg (464x431, 113K)

>it alters their perception to allow themselves to expose what they did in the first place
I don't understand what you mean by this. Here's how I see it
>person has distorted view of themselves and world
>distortions inherently do not completely reflect reality
All the PT's do is to allow people to see reality clearly, which is that these people had been hurting others because of the distorted ways they viewed the world. There's actually no proven ability for the PT's or antagonist to brainwash anyone to take any particular viewpoint at all, since the antagonist accomplished what he did by killing them within the metaverse. It's not actually established at all that what they say in the metaverse has any effect at all -- it's simply the theft of the treasure or killing the shadow selves. In fact, it's explicitly laid out early in the game that the real person will have no direct knowledge of anything that's said or done in their palace. Talking to the defeated shadows is just the characters getting their own emotions out.

I really don't think the brainwashing thing holds up.

>except for the fact that izanami appears regularly on rainy days
2 hints.

>there's no real indicator for Yaldy
There is.
Igor talking about the "ruin" when he's never done that before
The Velvet room being a prison and Ren being locked up
The Twins
There's more than that but i can't remember at the moment.

Igor referring to the velvet room as his velvet room when introduced instead of the velvet room. He's not the owner and never has been, he's Philemon's servant.

i want Caroline to step on my penis and call me an inmate

>apocalyptic scenario where MC has to protect a girl that opens paradise
>oh, this reminds me of W....Wait, what!?
Every fucking time.

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-Vnx00gkliJoYhgV.jpg (452x321, 73K)

what do i do after i finish persona 5?

Play it again. NG+ is the best playthrough since you get to focus exclusively on maxing out all social links and seeing all the content you missed in NG.

Play other Persona games.
I finished 5 a few days ago just started the first one since I had also played 3 and 4 already.

i wanna marry this beep boop

Attached: beep-boop.png (400x454, 214K)

>since you get to focus exclusively on maxing out all social links
Not him but that's easy to do in NG

>beating up bad guys: good
>mindfucking them: bad
'Murica

>If someone says [x] is bad, that means they're crying about it.
That's just sad.

Play Nocturne.

But that's an ant

>Using a good game to defend a bad game.
How dare you.

>brevity is whit of the soul
Was said by a bumbling retard in Hamlet, you fucking moron.

He ain't very bright. Same reason he completely missed the point of characters like Futaba.

But doesn't the game make it clear that brainwashing was bad all along and that the real Persona were the friends you made along the way?

>The game was made for teenagers. What did you expect?
I get what you mean, but that's only a result of people with a teenage mindset writing it. They'd like it just as much if it wasn't shit.

I actually agreed with him on some gameplay issues then he spent the next 4 hours ripping on the shonen plot in detail, like who gives a fuck?

Kind of but also no. It's wishy washy.
The brainwashing turned out to be bad because it threw the badguys and others into the collective will, but only because the big baddie made that happen.

Because some of it really was fucking garbage, even compared to previous entries in its own series. Hurts your credibility when you act like the shut in nerd being a hypocrite and only making shallow pop culture references isn't the point.

she is not an ant

Attached: 99b4f4ef8aefaca888b9250933ccb27a5828bcf4098742f44e7ec8821a6f42cd.png (626x510, 132K)

Cool hip people good
nerds and socially awkward guys bad

>Because some of it really was fucking garbage, even compared to previous entries in its own series.
It's garbage because the calendar
and dungeon per month structure doesn't give you any freedom for writing a decent story. I thought 4 was garbage as well, there was just less of it.

>WHY HAVE A DECENT FUCKING STORY THAT ISN'T A KIDS NEXT DOOR RIPOFF WHEN YOU CAN HAVE WAIFUS

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

yeah

>It's garbage because the calendar
>and dungeon per month structure doesn't give you any freedom for writing a decent story
Nah. Those factors contribute, but you could easily have a decent story while keeping this intact.

very few people have a problem with the first arc, and I'd personally stop messing with this spooky, diabolical-looking shit once I'm out of trouble

Botw followed slightly behind by P5

>So this is the fabled JRPG writing...
No, this is the fabled attention deficit syndrome of modern zoomer trying (and failing miserably) to understand a plot that was clearly much more smart than him.

but Yea Forums hates botw

>you could easily have a decent story while keeping this intact.
While locking all your party members behind dungeons so the story starts at the 60 hour mark like in Persona 4? Catherine by the same writer didn't have any of that and it was a decent story with some awesome endings.

Something else than Persona

he killed a bitch because he was bored and wanted a reason to test his powers
leaving the edge aside, that's still a good enough of a reason to stop him

>so the story starts at the 60 hour mark like in Persona 4?
You've never actually played p4 have you

I have. The plot in that game starts picking up steam at Nanako's dungeon when you have all the party members.

That's like saying p5 starts at Yaldy.
Look, either play these games or learn how to English.

You don't have to introduce Haru at dungeon 5.
Fuck, there's nothing stopping them from making a game with a five character cast where you swap one out to be your navigator, each with a different perk.

>Catherine was a decent story
Decent at best, but very middling in execution. It's a weakness of writers and what the marketing department wants and what the director and game designers want, etc.

>That's like saying p5 starts at Yaldy.
The game literally starts after the casino lmao. Everything before that is Joker's flashbacks.

>The plot in that game starts picking up steam at Nanako's dungeon
That's the climax you fuckwit aka the END of the story. Fucking hell, it's like you've never read a story in your life.

What about all those people who are just teenagers in adult bodies which there are seemingly plenty off in modernity? Id say they have a more debilitating effect in society.

This. Atheism has left countless people spiritual infants, and without God they are moral midgets, leading to an increase of every kind of crime and perversion.

>it's like you've never read a story in your life.
I've never read a murder mistery where the same shit happens for 60 hours in the exact same way, no.

Second one, they kind of felt there was no choice. They might have jumped the gun a bit, but they believed that Yusuke was in legitimate danger.
Third one, they were more or less forced into it by Makoto. They were being blackmailed by her, and then later by the mob boss. They had no choice.
Fourth was actually a request from the person in question, and they didn't really do anything wrong.

Fifth was when they were really letting this shit get to their heads. Sixth was just revenge.

So you've never read All You Need is Kill? Pleb.

>All You Need is Kill
That's some Groundhog's Day type plot. Diamond is Unbreakable is a better comparison and more dynamic murder mistery.

But there is no murder mystery in DiU, we know the killer's identity and follow things from his perspective.

>there is no murder mystery
There isn't any in 4 either. Guessed the cliche killer in the first 10 minutes and the game almost did nothing to throw off my suspicions.

They eventually touch upon the morality of "stealing hearts"(brain washing) and even the bad end of the game pretty much says "brain washing is bad" because it's not smt/smt spinoff without the "free will/chaos is good" message.

But the "adults bad" throughout the game feels pretty tone deaf considering that they now tge demographics of these games. It felt too tryhard as if the writers were saying "hello fellow chikdren" to fit in the entire tine

Attached: insert meme.jpg (266x190, 10K)