The most anti-pc article of all time?

ccn.com/playstation-5-has-the-potential-to-kill-the-pc-gaming-industry/

>save themselves the pain, cost and horror of building and gaming on PC by just buying a ps5

Can someone email the writer and tell him we endure there horrors and daily problem solving only coz all games are free- good luck getting piracy on ps5 lol

Having said that; I literally am afraid to touch my gaming pc case coz shit's so sensitive and fortnite has a bug where it shuts down PC on first try to launch it. the process to get it running takes 15 minutes total everyday

Attached: djghjghownload.jpg (300x168, 13K)

Attached: 1507517125117.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

Building a PC is literally the best part.
It's like playing lego.

every fuckling generation it's the EXACT cycle of the same shitposting

every
single
generation

clockwork

a
fucking
npc

Attached: 1550508478164.png (600x430, 312K)

yeah except one wrong move and you blow $1500 in the air

Remember when PS4 was a really perfect gaming PC and would kill PC gaming once and for all?

Remember when the PS3 had a processor far beyond the capabilities of any possible PC and Kutaragi promised us it would kill PC gaming once and for all?

Consoles are dying.

why is PC gaming considered an evil entity that has to be killed and eradicated?

this

isn't this the third time they've ran the whole "super charged PC" meme?

i know they've done it for PS3 and PS4 at least once.

in release the ps3 was on par with a lot of gaming pcs.

They've done that ever since the first Xbox. Maybe even earlier.

pain, cost and horror

if you think any of these describes building a PC you might be retarded

You must be completely retarded

Open platform, at least as long as microsoft and epic don't fuck it all up.
There's nothing console devs would love more than to be the absolute gatekeepers of all games and game content.

PS5 will kill the PC when it lets me install emulators, use different controllers and the exclusives aren't movie rubbish.

you have to be pretty special to ruin a PC while building it

>ps5 will kill the pc when it becomes a pc
ok

Consolefags don't like being told/reminded that pc is an infinitely better experience for playing games. Devs, especially indie ones, prefer console because it's much much harder to pirate games on console than it is on pc

B-but you're the writer, user.

all it takes is a flick of a switch. just flick this OR leave it in incorrect position while installing because at store it was set at incorrect voltage

Attached: psu.jpg (470x292, 14K)

Cringe console cucks.
Meanwhile, I enjoy my 4k 144fps computer with pirated games.

Attached: 1557399776490.png (976x658, 283K)

Exactly

That's pretty cringe

dont act like that its a bad thing.

you know you love shitposting about consoles.

Well obviously, he's a tripfag.

except your average modern PSU doesn't even come with one of those switches

Imagine being this person.

Gaming consoles have been going to "kill PC gaming" since the fucking 3DO. We get the same series of articles every time a new console gen is about to hit.

This is just another example of some retarded jounralist desperately trying to drum up some clicks because they'll starve to death if they can't figure out a way to keep the advertising dollars rolling in

Epic is Sony's slave. Their objective is to destroy PC gaming once and for all.

*ahem*

Attached: sonypc.jpg (1241x1725, 204K)

The next gen will be even more decadent than the current one, and it'll be the last. There'll be no PS6, or Nintendo Kiwii, or Xbox [insert shitty name here].

>everything will be ultra-proprietary
>can't be upgraded on the fly
>no mods, emulation or lewd
>mandatory subscription fee for online
>linear kinoshit exclusives
>pozzed califags still running the show
>specs will probably be outperformed by PC before it's even released
A TELLING BLOW TO THE PC INDUSTRY

Attached: 003.png (560x560, 334K)

The big difference is that consoles have historically been mostly stuck on the hardware they launch with for that entire generation, while PC's will be forever upgradeable. It's a really dumb article. The only way consoles might kill shit for PC gaming is if they end up not running new ray tracing cards. Given how heavily the console market is represented in the industry, this might disincentivize developers to incorporate the actually incredibly groundbreaking technology in their games since console peasants wouldn't get the full effect.

Imagine advocating for proprietary software in the year of our lord 2019

>Harsh Singh Chauhan is based out of Indore, India.

Attached: asdada.png (2011x1214, 1.75M)

I think the ps5 was already talked up to have raytracing, and the Bone Too s too similar not to

Pay 1K for a PS5 or 1k for a PC, I would always take the PC

wow, i guess i will just die

Attached: 1196153550026.jpg (376x183, 45K)

Then we're fucking fine.

>ccn
>3min read

Console will never kill pc

>coz all games are free- good luck getting piracy on ps5 lol

WHY are PCfags so obsessed with convincing others to join PC instead of consoles?

I mean consolefags do actually benefit if their consoles become more successful, it means they will get a lot more support and don't end up like the WiiU/Xbone. PC is not in the hands of a single company tho, you don't benefit anything from convincing other people to "support the PC industry", in fact you are literally sabotaging yourself by making costs for pc parts rise like when everyone was buying pc parts for the bitcoin farming craze.

Furthermore, your major argument at convincing others to join PC is always piracy (including emulation), you won't even get more PC ports if the reason other people built a pc is so they can get away with piracy.

I mean I get it, you feel proud that you can get away with leaching on the industry without contributing anything to it, but FFS, just do it quietly and don't convince others to do the same thing, else you won't be able to get away with this shit for long.

Attached: a_1446322699845.jpg (540x960, 67K)

Just like the PS4, eh? Eh?

Attached: 1556165672168.png (1242x891, 1.1M)

So how exactly do consoles plan on "destroying PC" when they don't even have the simplest of functionality that PCs have had since the fucking 90s?

>in fact you are literally sabotaging yourself by making costs for pc parts rise like when everyone was buying pc parts for the bitcoin farming craze
Staggeringly ignorant view of extremely basic economics. The reason there was a huge spike in costs for GPU' at the height of the buttcoin craze was simply because demand spiked hard and basically exhausted supply on a national scale. Sustained increase in demand for a product generally results in cheaper prices per unit because of economies of scale or no major changes at all as companies increase supply. I don't understand how you can say dumb shit so blithely yet with the ridiculously authoritative tone you've chosen.

I will buy a PS5 when I can play all games with mouse and keyboard, and any other peripheral controller I want.

its PC gone mad

>Sustained increase in demand for a product generally results in cheaper prices per unit because of economies of scale
so that's why games that consistently sell a lot drop price so fast compared to those that don't
oh wait...

If you don't create the illusion that the console hardware is better than a gaming pc then nobody will buy your shit. The "sell at a loss" meme is popular too, because then the retarded children don't ask questions like "why is it only 30% of the price of a proper pc?"

>spend $600 on console
>it isn't capable of downloading a fucking .mp3
>it isn't capable of alt+tabbing between programs, you have to quit to fucking desktop to open another and then quit back and re-open your game losing your progress
>can't connect to the internet without paying for a premium subscription

I just don't understand how anyone could defend this.

It's a sonyfag thing.

>pain, cost and horror of building and gaming on PC

Hurr put square peg in square hole is hard
What triangle peg not go in round hole
Grug scare of technologee

Attached: oogaboogaaa[1].jpg (800x450, 41K)

Games do not follow traditional models of supply and demand, retard. Supply is literally fucking infinite. PC components exist in meatspace. Every unit is created from finite resources and there is a finite amount of them.

One wrong move? Like what? Throwing the whole thing on the floor? Trying to run it on a tractor battery? Snapping ram sticks in half? Drilling new holes because you couldn't figure how to properly align the holes on a radiator?

Kek, I got myself a gaming pc a week ago, Fuck off Sony i will never buy enyting from you ever.

Attached: its_not_going_to_be_you.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

this isn't how the PC industry works tho you brainlet, this is how the console industry works.
It isn't the interest of PC part manufacturers to "spread products for cheap", like it is with console companies, who benefit from selling consoles as cheap as they can, so after that they can just profit on the game market share cuts.

PC part manufacturers only care about how much money they can make from the sales themselves. Higher demand literally means that they know they can get away with higher prices, it isn't their interest to prioritize selling their products to As many people As possible, they won't lower the prices because of higher demand

>saying that while posting a pic of a series that is always sony exclusive for a while, has an actual playerbase there and is completely dead on PC

>reading cnn for video games

Attached: 1562408011912.jpg (634x693, 63K)

>The most anti-pc article of all time?
Nah, thats pretty much standard. Each start of a new gen some console fanboys pop up and talk about how this time the new gen will certainly kill the PC. Yet all that has happened is the PC platform is as strong as never and consoles turn more and more into cheap PCs with each gen.

So let me get this straight. You believe that the cause of GPU prices circa 2017/2018 was manufacturer greed rather than the spike in demand which was so big that it completely exhausted supply on a national level?
>Higher demand literally means that they know they can get away with higher prices
More price does not always mean more gooder, if you're pricing more people out of the market than you make up in the increased value per unit. PC parts are luxury goods, if you price people out of the market they simply won't buy PC parts. Please, this is extremely fucking basic economics. I know you're full of shit, you know you're full of shit. Take a fucking 101 level economics course. If you make another post that what is an extremely classical luxury good doesn't follow basic principles of economics because [bullshit reasons based completely on ignorance] I'm going to start screeching at you.

>It's like playing lego.
fuck off redditor

ah yes i remember how the PS3 and PS4 killed PC gaming. It definitely hit hard when Playstation exclusives like Yakuza and Nioh came to PC.

Still playing Killzone 2 at 120FPS on my PS3 tho.

Attached: file.png (787x275, 42K)

it will never happen anyway so i will just have to pay NoVidya 800 for a gpu.

Literally no modern PSU has that thing anymore.

Yeah lets see all those pc games that have online multiplayer that you can pirate, oh WAIT it doesn't exist because you're a fucking retard. Stop using piracy as a "lol gotcha" it does not work.

One wrong move and you damage that component and have to replace just that one component.
Not all the parts.

Attached: 1556629445621.jpg (945x920, 349K)

the market being exhausted did also have a big part in the sharp, sudden increase in prices, but are just denying reality if you claim that PC part prices would otherwise get lower instead with higher demand.

PC industry is the same as car industry, similarly a car won't get cheaper just because more people are buying it, the exact opposite will happen. It will only get cheaper exactly when less people are starting to buy it, because it is getting outdated and it needs some compensation so people will still buy it.

It is not the benefit of these manufacturers to give spread their products to as many people as possible when it means getting less money from overall sales, since they don't make any more money outside of these sales. On PC, Valve is almost single handedly taxing game sales and they don't share their revenue with any of the PC part manufacturers, unlike console companies do with console part manufacturers from their revenue. Valve is just leeching on the PC industry and pocketing all the money for themselves.

you are also confusing these "higher demand=lower prices" with initial cases where there isn't even an proper infrastructure built for a specific product. Like if a really niché product becomes highly demanded and an infrastructure for it is suddenly built then the prices will suddenly go down, but for products that already have a decent demand and proper infrastructure built around them this won't really affect them since they won't suddenly get cheaper to manufacture.

You can still use your internet on consoles just not for online multiplayer in games that require it.

Only reason to be PC gamer is pirating games, which is fucking bad if you actually enjoy videogames.
But most of modern AAA games deserve to be pirated with devs having zero respect for its customers, so im not sure on which side im on.

everyone who isn't a third worlder needs and has a laptop you retard, even gayming pcfags
>spend 600$
more like spend 200$ for a mid gen console and spend 400$ for a newly released one

>piracy is bad!
Lmao

I can live without some games, what i cant live with is paying SnOy every month to play the games i already purshised. Oh and fuck having to pay them for my internet to begin with.

Neither PS4 or XBOne cost $200 right now even though PS5 and Project Scarlet are in the works

Of course a tripnigger is being a retard. Of course.