Damn this shit isfun

damn this shit isfun

Attached: Remnant-From-the-Ashes.jpg (790x444, 87K)

It gets boring. After 80 hours

no it isn't, it's the definition of mediocrity

You're the definition of retardivity.

>80 hours played
>"after you beat the campaign 8 times there's really nothing to do, kind of boring"
>not recommended
thanks steam review guy

its pretty great for $0
a little rough but lots of fun

No worries bro, here to help.

Hi retard

youve gotta admit the facial animations are pretty mediocre. i think the game is great but some parts stand out as really bad in a funny way that reminds you the game is only 40 burgers

Just wish it didn't go with the cobbled together apocalypse look and super wacky tree-guns, but that's just really a matter of taste. Some actually differentiating equipment/skills besides the weapons mod would be nice.

Other than that, surprisingly good.

Enemies keep spawning behind me and its pissing me off

I don't play it for facial animation quality you silly.

i dont either but that doesnt make them good.

this game reminds me of a third person version of pic related and thats a good thing

Attached: grim dawn.jpg (323x433, 27K)

I like the look honestly, its disorienting in a good way, it reminds me a lot of the non high level sorcerer gear in

>game scales based on the average gearscore in both your armor and weapon slots
>best way to level gear is to just do nothing and keep an eye on your advanced stats to see if you're "undergeared"
>if there's a little red arrow under your armor at any point, just upgrade that category untill the red arrow goes away, usually does so after one upgrade

What an odd system. you could probably beat the whole game with +5 gear if you only upgrade when the game basically tells you to, since you're not actually getting stronger due to the level scaling. I made a new character to try this and I'm halfway through the earth level with only a single piece of armor and a single weapon at +1.

Attached: 102169.jpg (225x350, 37K)

You could beat the game on normal by doing that, good luck on hard without dying in one hit. And forget nightmare which would require you to have all of your traits (that are actually useful) maxed out in order to survive the hordes of enemies in some cases and the amount of damage they deal out.

No shut up

Any tips for hard/nightmare playthrough?

Attached: gunsouls.png (668x700, 909K)

Do does the level scaling not do the exact same shit as it does on normal? I can't imagine I wouldn't just look at the advanced stats and upgrade according to what the game deems as "acceptable".

I hate her so much

Attached: remnant-mods-e1566290955841.jpg (1200x675, 90K)

If your a good shot and know how to dodge, you can skip your armor for a while. If you are shit at that, max out your stamina, health and item consumption speed. Then move into shit like damage reduction and reload speed.

Item scaling does, however nightmare really requires you to have your get at either +20 on normal gear, or +10 for boss items. And then having the most important traits at 20. Otherwise you'll be dying a lot.

On hard enemies will just reck your shit if you aren't ready. I had no problem solo running the dragon and cutting his tail on solo first try. But I was already like +180 at that point when I tried it.

She has a PTSD. If you'd be nice to her for a good while she'd crack open for you.

Its been a pretty interesting game to play with very little idea of what it is.
But I would probably be enjoying it a lot more without the almost absurd enemy numbers and metric ton of adds every single boss fight. I can somewhat understand it since the ranged focus makes it more manageable, but man does it kinda turn into a slog sometimes.

Attached: 1478729351877.jpg (453x381, 14K)

No. Most adds are easy to dispose of with minimum investment in melee skills, or crowd control mods. Also they keep you busy all the time which is fun.

I dunno man, its not the worst but its not interesting either. Not all busywork is fun. Its generally just a giant annoyance at worst and just a lazy way to control ammo during long fights at best.

Just try rattle weed, or mantle of thorns, which make mobs attacking you literally kill themselves.

>Skim over mantle of thorns, ignore it because >lol melee builds
>read it again after 20 or so hours

Jesus fuck I have dislexia or something. I can just fucking ignore those little melee adds.

I'll try out thorns. Don't think i rolled the boss encounter for rattle in my seed. Might have just missed it though.

Imagine
>not being a full melee chad
>no trying to beat almost the whole game melee only

Attached: #uhhhh.png (269x206, 10K)

At first I was apprehensive, but melee is actually surprisingly fun in this game, despite it being marketed with TPS in mind.
it's completely viable and the devs gave the players a lot of tools to craft different melee builds as well as ranged builds of different kinds.
this is helped too by the surprising variety in melee weapon movesets. I really want the claw weapons and I don't have that yo-yo maul either

Attached: 1503983790700.png (414x499, 454K)

>People wanted AA games.
>AA game comes out
>People are angry

why

Shitposters, really. Game is good and lots of people like it.

Bump

I've enjoyed this game a lot. Currently about to finish the swamp level and then finally complete my first run. It's taken me like 30 hours to beat it because i've been jumping back and forth between my friends' games. Spitfire and beam rifle with hotshot are the best.

> cheaters everywhere
>Host has kicked you from game
>try to host own game
>not a single one joins
What the fuck is up with this garbage matchmaking?

Spitfire x weapon with swarm mod. Just watch dots eating them alive.

Is cheating a huge issue? Not playing with randoms.

Forget facial animations. NPC are all horrible and not a single one of them is likable, weapons are mostly garbage, plot is utter garbage. But the game is overall still good because of nice dark-souls-like exploration and fun combat.

I've heard complains that if someone else cheats stuff for himself and joins your game, you get cheated stuff as well and can't get rid of it.

Anybody have other armor recommendations or combinations? I've been using the Osseus set for nearly the entire game just due to the increased damage from killing enemies. Wish there was transmog or whatever so i could have a little bit of fashion.

Attached: 20190825025633_1.jpg (2560x1440, 592K)

Fuck armor skills they're not that good anyway. Just wear anything that looks good on you.

7/10's can be fun especially if they're jank online games. Just as long as retards don't pretend it's like a Souls game with the superficial elements and treat it as a FOTM shooter coop game.

>Online game without anticheat

That said I'm having a good time with a minor exception: Why the fuck do the above ground areas even exist? They're huge, have jack shit for enemies and are just kinda there to waste your time.

Attached: 1514281464377.jpg (316x340, 31K)

>200 hours played
>gets boring after awhile

thanks steam reviews

You're right user! I'm gonna wear the base adventurer set and have fun!

Where the fuck is the adventurer hat?

Attached: 1560149164200.gif (400x360, 310K)

I dont really understand anything. I just saved the root mother and im just exploring the routes that dont seem to be the main story

Had a cheater friendly fire me in one shot and all my items are gone.
Jokes on them I made a backup save so only lost a few iron

I'm sure it'll come in a later update or something. The drifter set for example starts out with you finding the first two pieces while the helmet comes from a random encounter on earth.

>Keep rerolling trying to get the bandit fight since i have the watch
>Probably not going to get the armor set before they nerf it since most changes seem to be nerfs so far

Attached: 1543280113423.png (128x128, 31K)

>anticheat for coop game

It's needed if you want to join random parties. no only they can cheat stuff for themselves, they can fuck up your play-through.

>too many adds! It's too hard!
Why don't people just spam that rumble weed mod or whatever it's called. Use the beam rifle on the boss and deploy the decoy. You can literally do this nonstop because you fill your mod power while the enemies are attacking the decoy. I've gone through plenty of fights where I've just spammed that shit and killed the boss easily because the ads (and the boss) never really fought me.

>playing coop games without friends

>game seems interesting
>suddenly first boss has constantly spawning suicide bombing adds
I may be too casual for this shit and too autistic to play with others

Go back to ward 13 when you want to progress. Did you get the sniper rifle next to the root mother?

No i didnt. Was that the door at the end?

The game is really aimed for cooperative play with all these adds.

There should be a hallway in that church where the root mother is. Go through the hallway and down the staircase at the end of the hall. You'll find a basement with the sniper rifle behind some wooden pallets.

Is it good? For some reason I have both the Hunting Pistol and the Hunting Rifle equipped. Maybe the game isnt too hard so you can afford to use anything but still do okay

I want that shotgun that goes in the sidearm slot

Lol stop posting this retarded shit. You have plenty of tools to play solo.

Depends on what you personally like. I wouldn't personally use it because I like to be a bit closer to the action, but a sniper can help a decent amount when playing coop. The beam rifle is what I use typically. I like the feeling of melting mobs.

What tools are there for the first Gorefist fight that was described?

The MC is nicer than any other character, that's for sure. And we kill everything that's oppressing her little hideaway and she's still like " Oh you saved my reality from dying? (SIGH) Dont TALK TO ME "

She's a cunt and she deserves to be alone, no matter how much she secretly hates it inside. Fuck her and her stupid coping mechanism.

Attached: 15482036890.gif (382x678, 2.29M)

I would argue that's the best sidearm next to the sub machinegun. The mod power has helped me out of a lot of situations.

Use the mod that shoots that decoy.

source on this? can't stand dynamic difficulty but I can't find anything on google

Rattleweed? You can only get material for it from the Shroud, another boss.

>plot is utter garbage

I dare you to explain one story mechanism from this game, in whole, without using lazy goal-post moving, straw-man bullshit

Shotgun + hotshot. You'll kill him in seconds.

I want that shotgun that goes in the sidearm slot

The Defiler? I like it. I think its my preferred sidearm so far.

Why the fuck they added these foggates? All other similar to souls things you can kinda explain from the gamemechanics, but these foggates were literally shamelessly lifted from souls just because.

Oh i pirated it so im not gonna be doing any coop

So you're saying it's only 10 hour campaign? Seems pretty weak.

I'm waiting for Code Dick Veinn.

you can bump it to about 20 if you do a Nightmare difficulty run

First time is gonna be around 10-15 hours. But because of the procedurally generated shit you can miss some dungeons, weapons, bosses.
Speedrun is around 1:20 for now.

I just started today, tree cthulu is annoying because my friends keep fucking dying and i waste my dragon hearts on them AAAAAAA

Game is fun but I'm not sure of long term replay value. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of builds and it's trivially easy to cap out all the important traits on one char. Like, why would I make a new character if I'm going to take Elder Knowledge, all the crit hit and damage traits, ranged damage, reduced enemy damage etc.? There's just not much in character build variety as there are obvious God choices that you'll take with every kind of character.

Picking people up in coop is pointless. If they fall let them die unless you're 100% sure you can lift them up. If you're even just 99% sure then you will also get downed.

My friend wants me to play it but he refused to buy EDF so I refuse to buy this piece of shit.

EDF5 is overpriced for what it is. At least this is kind of priced right. 30 would've been a better price point for the content it offers tho.

I disagree personally. EDF has a fuckload of replay ability. This game honestly just looks like a worse souls to me. Like something I would get sick of in a weekend.

I wouldn't call it completely Souls-like. There are obvious mechanics and design elements that are lifted/inspired by it, but it still feels more like a western game. Plus the developers have said that they plan on adding lots of new content, as in new bosses, enemies, biomes, loot etc. so it has a strong future. But if you're still on the fence then maybe wait for when/if the new content comes out.

Buy EDF for your friend and let him buy this for you.

>EDF has a fuckload of replay ability
If you enjoy Dynasty Warriors TPS edition

Dear dev; randomized world layout isn't enough for 'infinite replayablity'.
Especially with such a meh world design.

This game might've been a better game with more replaybility if you focused more on loot and class dinstiction instead of this half assed procedural generated crap.

Also your bosses is shit! Shit!
>oh hey all the boss is easy
>lets infinitely spawn ads!

Of all the thing you choose to be inspired from Souls game, why the fuck do you not the inspiration from the bosses?

Iframes are ridiculous in this game. You can easily forfeit any armor for just rolling.

>pirate the game off Fitgirl
>game boots up straight into character creation
>default male preset is a black dude
>all of the female face presets are ugly as fuck
>later in the game, when you get into the hub base, the leader of the group is an old ugly woman
>one of the black smiths is a sassy bitch who talks down to you without even knowing anything about you

Yeah, this is definitely a western made game.

Attached: 1559130227298.jpg (446x460, 117K)

Wow dude literally unplayable. Call me when the whole cast is cute girls that call me oni-sama.

>Of all the thing you choose to be inspired from Souls game, why the fuck do you not the inspiration from the bosses?

Aside from Nioh, there is not a single Souls-like game out there that is any good. The only reason Nioh is good is because Team Ninja have had extensive experience in the past doing action games. Every other Souls copycat has been utter trash, because it seems like the devs play one Dark Souls game, see how popular it is with people and then arrogantly think that they can replicate what made the games fun to play.

No you can't, because getting hit once will then be a OHKO, and you're going to get hit more than once due to add spawn.

Even From can't get Souls right anymore either.

>not liking socially awkward blacksmith girl
How come you weebs always have 0 taste?

>default male preset is a black dude
it's random you numbfuck. mine was white girl.

But user, every boss in this game is directly inspired by Duke's Dear Freja.

Literally git gud. Upping stamina trait early gives you 6 rolls easily. This is enough to outroll any normal enemy in the game.

>Fag who only jerks off to anime is focused solely on the women and not the actual game
mental disease

i'm big fan of gunfire ex vigil games but their games are glitchy and always have some design flaws, mainly speaking of some QoL stuff which experienced devs shouldn't have overlooked.
i'm probably going to get this game because despite their problems they manage to make entertaining and fun games which usually have lots of content and bang for buck.

bump

Let me guess, you're still on Earth, right? Play the game further, retard.

sitting naked. bout to fire it up.

Is untermensch a good thing?

Nice

Look at this retard, who can't outroll adds or any boss. I'm already on the third playthrough. Even Ixillus and ravager are completely pathetic with these game's iframes. Literally git gud, faggot.

>the single boss without adds is the only good one
Really makes you think.

Undying King is a fucking nigger boss spawning way too many adds. FUCKING RETARD DEVS JUST ONE BOSS WITHOUT INFINITE ADDS I BEG YOU

Attached: 1565904465495.jpg (720x690, 42K)

I share your sentiment, adds are hella annoying. Although I think this was designed with multiple payers in mind - one in charge of adds, one in charge of boss.

I believe you. I believe that you're able to roll out of every single attack, 100% of the time. This is entirely realistic and not a fantasy at all. Now play on Hard difficulty.