How do we revive Virtua Fighter?

How do we revive Virtua Fighter?

Attached: 61JIJLvGcJL.jpg (402x500, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vurwitwpuUU
youtube.com/watch?v=TeYuyHZrxUo
youtube.com/watch?v=BpANFQ9Z1Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=RwFTQKXYpZA
youtube.com/watch?v=CVF6vPA0w9A
youtube.com/watch?v=b6YBUTkAX_A
youtube.com/watch?v=kSg7fk9MxcE
youtube.com/watch?v=nt0l7A100ck
youtube.com/watch?v=bWtg72mHMfc
youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7PnGEP-kY
youtube.com/watch?v=eqUj2xkQkCM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This plays at the end of the reveal trailer for 6.
youtube.com/watch?v=vurwitwpuUU

I want a new Virtua Fighter so badly, but I know Sega would just turn it into another F2P with a premium, utilizing all the scummy predatory practices we all know and love.
>five characters from previous games are cut paid content
>PRE ORDER TO UNLOCK EILEEN
>White haired black woman is no longer ethical, we will be removing her from the game
>20 dollars for new customization content
>have to grind out the ass to unlock a single customization item normally

Attached: 1566740779052.gif (200x200, 285K)

The first step is for sega to support it.

There's absolutely no precedent for this. Why do you just invent scenarios to be mad about?

Id rather have alpha protocol 2 dude. Saga should do what nintendont.

Who would make it?
Obsidian is Xboned, now.

If they ruin Virtua Fighter it will be by caving to trends and adding super meter, guest characters, and even more of a combo focus than Final Showdown.

>no precedent
Are you retarded or just baiting me?
>Tekken 7
>SF V
>Mortal Kombat 11
>Soul Calibur 6
Don't ever fucking @ me again you little shit.

Attached: mq5a6y2hrtr21.jpg (728x517, 44K)

Take it into VR.

Not one of those has anything to do with Sega. Try again.

Retard. You obviously don't play fighting games to bother your head with such shit. Do you know that fighting games never used to have seasons before and you'd only get the launch roster? You're having a great deal right now with all the additions and support yet you still keep bitching like a little hoe.

>have to grind out the ass to unlock a single customization item normally
Fucking hated this for treasure battle in T7. Such utter bullshit.

They packed in VF5 for free with Yakuza 6 and Judgment. Does that count?

Yu suzuki expressed interest in working on virtua fighter after he’s done with shenmue 3.

Yes, goy! These greed- I mean supportive business practices are recent so that automatically justifies their existence! Stop being so ungrateful and just give us your money already like a good goy!

Attached: 1549432058779.png (501x585, 143K)

>"hey guys, we're announcing a new AAA game at gamescom "
>its shit

Fuck Sega. I thought they learned from past mistakes.

Hows about sega putting it somewhere that isn't inside of another fucking game?

>he was expecting a Japanese game to be revealed a Yuropoor event
What a dope.

Attached: autistic screeching.png (521x478, 25K)

>I thought they learned from past mistakes.
lmao this is SEGA we're talking about, user.

It would help if they ported Final Showdown to PC. Sega literally ported every other game that the petition requested.

gee mister, I remember arcade revisions adding characters to the roster, but what I do know, I'm just a STRAIGHT MALE not a total fagola like you

no, because it was the shit version with the sega network features stripped out

Real talk, why is Tekken the only 3D fighter out there that people give a shit about? It's literally the only relevant fighting game on the 3D side of things while VF, SC and DOA are pretty much dead in the water. How did this happen? Is Tekken outright better than those games or does it just benefit more from competent devs/publishers?

Attached: 1547992295916.png (517x562, 502K)

DOA is literally bootleg VF and deserves to be forgotten.

>Moving the goalposts

Because no matter what, they have made sure you can actually fucking play it.

You cannot fucking buy virtual fighter 5 on a current platform. Even tekken tag 2 hit wii u.

Wanna play Virtual Fighter 5 on a current platform and not even a home release at that? Yakuza 6

Put Kiryu on the cover, put Majima & Yagami (& maybe the Shin Yakuza guy) in the roster, put in a Kamorocho stage and some Yakuza music. It will easily outsell VF5.

First Post Most Accurate Post

I'm not moving the goalposts, you twat. My original point is that there's no precedent because Sega isn't a company known for stuffing their games with microtransactions, or most of the other shit in your initial post.
Your flimsy argument was that just because there's a trend in the genre, Sega would be guaranteed to follow it.

But was VF even that active before the current generation?

The Tekken character designs just click with people, and it designs itself to be easy to learn on a basic level while having a ton of different moves per characters so people who just press buttons can just have new cool moves come out.

Attached: 1564939133907.gif (300x240, 1.67M)

>My original point is that there's no precedent because Sega isn't a company known for stuffing their games with microtransactions, or most of the other shit in your initial post.
Whether or not Sega currently does it isn't the point, retard. Those are the CURRENT TRENDS, and the initial post expressed fear of Sega caving into those trends. Of course there's no precedent for it in VF right now, that post wouldn't have been made if there was. It's the precedent set by other series that's the problem because those series also happen to be a lot more successful than VF.

I wonder if he'd pick up where Virtua Fighter 3 left off.

I mean when was the last time this shit was even relevant? Didn't it die when Sega did? Seriously if it ain't Tekken or Soul Calibur don't waste the people's time with a 3D fighter.

It's backwards compatible on Xbox One. That's your only option to have the proper standalone version of FS though on a current gen system though.

Just do another like 4 or 5.
Add new 2 style characters and have Kiryu, Majima, Saejima(because grappler), Ryo Hazuki as guests. Maybe a character or 2 from DoA like Ryu because of the partnership of DoA5

I am afraid of them adding meters and specials, because now 3d fighters have those even DoA and SC do.

>VF4, 4 Evo, 4 Final Tuned(arcade exclusive) and that VF1 with 4Evo engine
>5 having cosmetic paid dlc and different versions like 4
They did.

If you mean we as in the players, by bringing setups for it to locals, by trying to engage people who seem interested, getting them playing it, helping them out with learning the game, making sure our own knowledge is up to scratch so we can do that job more effectively, blah blah blah. The list goes on
I've been trying to get my local scene to play VF for about 8 years now. There's a small handful of people who'll play but don't really put much effort into improving, and one, maybe two people who've put a solid amount of time in. It's not the most exacting, git-gud-or-go-home environment I could hope for, but it at least shows that it's possible to nurture some level of interest. A couple of other people at our last session wanted to start learning the game so I sat with them and walked them through the basics as they played each other and now they want to play against me next time.

If you mean "we" in an abstract way then SEGA needs to port it to modern systems including PC and needs to announce a new game. I don't care about them running big money events for it, Sega Cup or whatever, just fucking make the game available or bring out a new one and the community can handle the rest. VF is never going to be huge in the West but at the very least it's kept a dedicated niche and that niche has room to grow.
Just don't drastically change anything about the gameplay, keep the presentation consistent with previous entries and don't fucking put guest characters in it

youtube.com/watch?v=TeYuyHZrxUo

Attached: DRVtH-UUQAErXWp.jpg (1127x1200, 338K)

The fucked thing is that they have literally had to do the work to make Final Showdown playable on PC and PS4 due to it being in Y6/JE, but just refuse to fucking port it standalone. Absolute shower of bastards.

>The Tekken character designs just click with people
Most of their designs are eithet edgy Deviantart tier shit or cringey animu weeb shit though. But yeah, VF is a little boring in the character design department.

for a start we can all collectively stop pretending that it's super hard to get into or play
genuinely one of the easiest fighting games to pick up

Funny, because VF was pretty popular in the 90s in the west thanks to arcade. If Sega cared... meh, fucking sega.

The fucked up thing is that there is no VF collection. VF3 is still a DREAMCAST EXCLUSIVE, 4 Final Tuned never got a release, that VF1 remake with 4 engine is a rare copy and they never bothered to rerelease it, 5 is locked to Yakuza and PS3.
Hell, Sonic the Fighters got a digital version, but Fighters Megamix or VF Kids didnt or any of the other VFS I said.

I never got that shit of "VF is hard". Can be hard to master, but that's like any fighter. Akira can be a bitch to play as though

>I've been trying to get my local scene to play VF for about 8 years now
Nice, user. Respect.

Sega has a bunch of IPs that could tap into the modern market with the right direction and dedication, but they're just too lazy to bother with any of them. They are literally sitting on a potential goldmine and refuse to do any digging.

Make a sequel to this.

Attached: 220px-Fighters_Megamix_Coverart[1].png (220x375, 153K)

only the highest quality asmr

youtube.com/watch?v=BpANFQ9Z1Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=RwFTQKXYpZA

yes

Attached: fighters megamix hornet.png (640x480, 405K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CVF6vPA0w9A
youtube.com/watch?v=b6YBUTkAX_A
youtube.com/watch?v=kSg7fk9MxcE

You're right, it was so much better when they were selling you another $60 (or even $80) a year later instead of making $20 season passes and free updates.

>I never got that shit of "VF is hard".
It's something shitters say so that they can pretend playing niche games makes them big smart

>that day when I opened the case to play some more FM and my disc had a fucking crack around the place you stick the disc
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. I will never understand how that shit happened. Pal cases were terrible to place the discs, but that only happened in that game, it had to be THAT ONE

>unlocking Mr. Meat and the Palmtree
youtube.com/watch?v=nt0l7A100ck
Take me back when joke characters were fine

I have given this thought and I have your answer.
Make a Sega crossover fighting game that's the "Marvel" to VF's "SF". Like a modern Fighters Megamix, just VF gameplay but flashier, tag team, and more room for error. Maybe like the April Fools Joke. youtube.com/watch?v=bWtg72mHMfc

Create a SEGA Pro Tour for the game and 1-2 years down the line, announce VF6. Add it to the Pro Tour, mechanically change nothing about it from VF5:FS (it's perfect) but visually, make it look more interesting. Character designs are a bit too dry in VF.

The presentation has to change a bit. It's visually uninteresting. (not the gameplay, but everything else)

I disagree

Evolution was $20 and FS was $15.

Not to mention that the gameplay changes from vanilla 5 to FS go well beyond normal patch or DLC stuff

When you say crossover, do you mean with another company or just bringing over character from other in-house franchises?

That's fine.
But what's interesting about the image you posted before is the fact that the characters are drawn in a unique style. VF itself looks pretty realistic compared to most other fighting games. So the art style doesn't really allow those simple yet clean designs to shine.

In house properties.

i think the overall appeal at least for me is that the relatively simplistic characters get by on force of personality and the quality of their animations
each fighting style is rendered beautifully
this to me evokes any number of martial arts movies where the heroes aren't particulary visually distinctive but are memorable due to what i mentioned: force of personality and doing cool shit (see: any number of Shaw movies)
basically i think the whole thing just serves to reinforce VF's martial arts movie shtick and so the designs are very good

Okay. Yeah, I can see that being viable. Yakuza is reasonably well known in the West nowadays so maybe a VF x Yakuza game could do the trick. It also keeps with the realistic fighting styles that VF is known for since Yakuza isn't too out there as far as combat goes aside from the odd wacky comedy Heat move.

Aside from Yakuza, I dunno who VF could concievably jive with from Sega.

Axel wouldn't be too out there. He just has a flame effect on a few of his punches.

Attached: Axel sor.png (705x916, 552K)

Let's have another Fighters Megamix instead of "vs". The styles of VF worked well there with the VP armor mechanic, just go crazy for once and have fun while adding sega characters from any series.

If you want this to sell something, you need Sonic in this, not just Yakuza. Hell, having Miku in the game would sell even more

I'm sorry, but the thought of Sonic facing off against a VF character is genuinely hilarious to me.

Shenmue

youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7PnGEP-kY

Attached: xqe1lxuu.jpg (1200x1871, 1.84M)

Release all five games on PC (including Virtua Fighter 5 R)

>no Adam
Poor Adam
Give a Lan Di costume to Lau. Get all of VF1 original cast back too, dont you dare leaving Kage and Wolf out
Remove that fucking cat because regular Honey is enough. Get Sonic and Egg Robot
And Miku, and Janet(with Aoi moveset), all the joke characters of FM, Beat, Ristar, Nights

And VF1 with 4Evo engine since this was a thing but people forget it exists. And VF Kids

T7 got a huge boost through online popularity

>Joel's Shenmue streams
>every move he does, he screams a move that Brian from Tekken uses
Legit makes me mad like a fucking autist.

Attached: 1516018928053.gif (500x368, 2.97M)

What is the appeal of VF anyway? It always looks super floaty whenever I watch tournament footage.

Got a clip for an example?

Who?

This guy
youtube.com/watch?v=eqUj2xkQkCM

Ew

I watched a bit of his Shenmue finale and damn. He screams, overreacts, doesnt block or evade. Just damn.

>If they ruin Virtua Fighter it will be by caving to trends and adding super meter, guest characters, and even more of a combo focus than Final Showdown.
This.
I guess this is a consequence of Street Fighter reclaiming its throne as the model that all other fighting games must emulate. I want VF to remain its own unique beast, but with the FGC becoming more popular, there would be pressure to walk in step with everything else and become more flashy and showy for audiences.

In japan only. They have tournys all the time