Automatic in-game translation of Japanese text

youtube.com/watch?v=Yij_ydE9vd4

>Automatic in-game translation of Japanese text

The future is...here. This has been the dream of the emulation scene for like 20 years.

Attached: 1566766764857[1].png (2178x1143, 955K)

this, but for H games.

>Get to sex scene
>Male robot voice
> Y E S. O L D E R. B R O. F A S T E R.

>machine translation
You really don't play a lot of japanse games do you user
You should know why these fucking suck

This, I made the mistake of trying to read a eroge bn with machine translation and it was godawful, couldn't fap. It was about this incel who was a janitor at some television station.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-24-19-18-13-828.jpg (238x337, 63K)

Machine translation ranges from engrish and understandable to wrong. But it increases understanding from 0% to anywhere from 50% or higher.

Remember, most of these are children's video games from 30 years ago. Not works of complete literature.

Attached: 1564689892410.png (1053x409, 14K)

I want a side by side test vid of this vs. official translations.

>machine translation
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

The only games you would need translations really is for jrpgs, which have loads of text. So this is pretty fucking useless.

Does it work for every system on Retroarch?

Will I finally be able to play this game?

Attached: MC-VideoGameJP.jpg (300x297, 105K)

spoiler official wins

It's really not that bad now.

It works with software rendered cores only.

So Beetle PSX with the software renderer, yes.

I just noticed this is SPEECH, so it'll read for you instead of machine translating, which is perfect if you know nip but can't into most kanjis yet
I basically play eroge that way already and it's great

im curious to try it out for myself what was the name of the program?

Holy fuck this is game changing.
I mean you could machine translate using the google app on your phone already but a built in will save a load of time.
I'm gonna test this shit right away.
I wonder if it will help me actually learn kanji as well cuz I gave up on my studies like a year ago.

100x this. I'm sick and tired of waiting like 2~3 years for a decent ver1.0 translation of a game only for the translator to go AWOL at the final stretch.

Why didn't they just make it detect where the characters are with the OCR so that it just displays subtitles where it's reading the characters?

Attached: tom bruised.png (280x276, 121K)

Isnt there already a software that does machine translation in real time?
I never used it but I have seen people use it for visual novels.

That's literally what it does in the last 30 seconds of the video.

More bells and whistles for Shitro arch.

the vn we named otaku's fantasy, idk what program they used to translate the text, probably google
It is a godawful translation, it hurts your brain to read, maybe I should post some screens, god knows why I still have this shit on my vn/anime external HDD.

MY. HOVERCRAFT. IS. FULL. OF. EELS.

SEETHING

ABSOLUTELY SEETHING

here are some screens I just took, couldn't be arsed to crop them

Attached: of1.png (1366x768, 841K)

A shame because I like the art and I'm not somebody who just gets off to the cgs, I need the text and voices.

Attached: of2.png (1366x768, 846K)

Last one, and keep in mind Denny that this translation might not seem to bacon these few screens, but when you're actually regarding each block of text in rapid succsesion it really number the brain.

Attached: of3.png (1366x768, 964K)

Ah my fucking brain, what I meant to say was:
(You)
Last one, and keep in mind Denny that this translation might not seem to be that bad from these few screens, but when you're actually reading each block of text in rapid succsesion it really does a number on the brain.
As proof of that post.

yes, AGTH and ITH to extract the text in realtime and something like Atlas to translate it.

All Engrish but perfectly understandable. Stop being a whiny bitch.

You read it faggot and get back to me. What little you have of your brain will be oozing out your skull.

>Let's start with the peanuts and fight them to make them!

how is this a retroarch feature and not something from like google stadia. major companies suck ass.

>PLEEAAASE start when you are done
>PLEEAAASE decide your name

Attached: 1444369013276.png (510x546, 215K)

Retroarch is a product of passion made by competent people that actually care.
Google Stadia is an experimental product of profit margins made by incompetent, nepotistic Indians.

>Retroarch is a product of passion made by competent people that actually care.

Oh you naive fool...

>Retroarch
Is the dev still acting like a little bitch when actual emulator devs refuse to waste dev time porting their work to his glorified frontend?

>spoiler official wins

Yeah, no doubt, but I want to see HOW they differ.

>Demon
>pikachu-face guy with googles over his head
>baby goat in a barn
>Fish going down river
>Skycrapers
>Giant snake and man in a japanese temple (those red japanese arcs/doors)
>Sad man in sailor suit

>cant think of any emulatable japanese only game

Does this shit works up to like PS1 and DS games?
If so then fuck its actually great.