Why ancient egypt is such an underrated theme in vidya?

Ancient Egypt history and culture is so diverse and intresting, yet developers refure to draw inspiration from it, how come? It's such a wasted opportunity...

Attached: 0011.jpg (1200x1800, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=in6HvB0y_BM
youtu.be/OE8QdGdqNOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

autists seem to be drawn by J.R.R. Tolkien and all of his works. Medieval fantasy and gaymen is no different than sonic for autists.

Attached: midievalgaymin.png (869x396, 88K)

Last time was AC Origins and Twitter niggers got assblasted that the Egyptians weren't black and got fucking schooled by actual historians who knew their shit.

Those historians got fired. Why would you ever touch anything Egypt related when it would invite faggotry like this?

Here is some soul for you op

Attached: d59beb1373628c761b0554d021298e87[1].jpg (1200x1800, 198K)

>Ancient Egypt history and culture is so diverse and intresting, yet developers refure to draw inspiration from it
*looks at yugioh*

>Those historians got fired.
Imma need a source of that

nonsummerjack has the cutest and weirdest face ive ever seen

Ancient Egyptian women are genuinely high tier, if your waifu is Egyptian-influenced in some way you are a chad, IMMEDIATE FACTS, you CANNOT DENY THIS

Attached: Capture.png (566x370, 225K)

assassins creed origins, pharaoh, sphinx and the cursed mummy and powerslave are the only good egyptian games i can think of, most game just have a desert themed level and thats it

Attached: 1519773303622.jpg (1200x1800, 255K)

>interacting with twitter faggots
that's their mistake
Who wants to roam around deserts and pyramids all day?
But in all seriousness, no one seems to want to base an entire game on it. You get bit levels or segments or specific characters inspired by it all the time, but shit like sphinx and the cursed mummy, or game in general where the entire setting is egyptian purely is an exception.
I swear we get this thread every other month, am I going crazy?

Attached: Zone_of_the_Enders_HD_The_Complete_Guide_288.jpg (3939x5928, 3.04M)

based

Attached: 1553569810255.png (1280x1727, 1.38M)

Yeah but it also draws inspiration from 900 other things, and the egyptian aspect isnt really the main one

It is wasted opportunity, but it's a bit of a headache to explain every time that the ancient Egyptians weren't black to a society of fucking morons.
>EGYPT IS IN AFRICA!! OF COURSE THEY WERE FUCKING BLACK!! IT'S IN AFRICA!!!
>What a black American dude at work told me
>Started showing him the evidence that they weren't
>My other black buddy from the fucking Democratic Republic of Congo even agreed with me
>Other guy got mad and stormed off
I wish Kim would just launch the fucking nukes already.

Yeah but we will never get nudes from her :(

>that the Egyptians weren't black
really? that's news for me

Attached: WE.jpg (480x480, 132K)

We don't really know enough to make it truly authentic like medieval-based settings, so it'd be just borderline fantasy with Ancient Egyptian aesthetics
Also what said, in the currentyear America any dev would either niggrify it, or get shit on by cucks; so really only hope is on some euro indie dev(and there's no budget there, so)

Can you give me some links to this? I thought the historians were the ones getting BTFO

Attached: 78FAA5E3-85FF-4C1E-A40E-1EB27F70850D.jpg (639x361, 28K)

Pitch ideas, faggots

Attached: T_alberto_barbosa.png (265x258, 90K)

Asterix and obelix action adventure game.

Attached: alb06gb.png (280x369, 45K)

Perfect Dark-like shooter set in a Sci-fi fantasy Egypt

Based

you know about the asterix konami beat-em-up right?

I want to cum inside nonsummerjack

Get fucked niggers. Medieval Fantasy is superior to all other vidya settings.

okay retard

The only reason I care about an Egyptian/desert setting because it's the only settings that produces girls like these. Fantasy also has something similar with harem slave jewlery but it's obviously based off ancient Egyptian and middle eastern sex slaves.

Why isn't this a tag yet?

Attached: 1560896790188.png (642x899, 1.26M)

There are a ton ancient egypt games, if anything too many given how much other ancient Mediterranean empires are ignored. Even Greece and Rome have less games.
>Why isn't this a tag yet?
Because its not expensive to buy one IRL.

Is this good enough for you?
youtube.com/watch?v=in6HvB0y_BM

What if the pyramids were actually spaceships?

What if Egyptians where black?

It's sort of not

It's underrated in the sense that fantasy, modern day shit, medivial europe, vikings, and fuedal japan are all way way more popular then it and other historical settings and make up like 99% of vidya

but once you remove those and look at the historical settings left, Egypt is one of if not the most common, alongside greco-roman. If you want ACTUAL underused, equally to more interesting settings that still have complex civilizations, there's so many more. Even just the ones pre: 16th century, there's:

>1000 years of pre-classical history with the Minoans and Mycenaeans,
>5000 years in the Fertile Crescent, from bronze age city-states like Sumer, Iron age sates like Assyria, the Persian Empire and various Medieval Caliphates
>4000 years in India/South Asia, from the Indus River Valley civilization, the Vedic civilization, and then various empires and kingdoms like the Maurya, Gupta, etc,
>3500 years in East Asia, from China's Shang Dyasty , Unification under the Ming, the 3 kingdoms, subsequent reunification and splits, ancient and medieval korea, pre-fuedal japan etc
>2800 years in Mesoamerica from the early Olmec cities and the spread of civilization in the preclassic, the prominence of Teotihuacan & Golden age of the Maya and the Zapotec during the classic, the Mixtec and Toltec succeeding the Zapotec and Teotihuacan in the early postclassic, and the rise of the Aztec empire in the Toltec's stead and their rivalrly with the Purepecha empire in the late Postclassic
>1500 years in the Andes, from Moche city-states, the Nazca, etc during the early intermediate, the Tiwanku and Wari Empires during the Middle Horizon, the Sican & Chimu kingdom in the late intermediate, and the domination by the Inca empire during the late Horizon
>1500 years in Southeast asia due to influence from India, such as the Khmer & Suhkothai
>1500 in West Africa due islamic influence, such as the Malil, Songhai, etc

etc.

Link for historians being fired?

Attached: cultureregion scandanvia minus africa 2 COMPRESSED.jpg (2000x2928, 3.05M)

Play First Encounter
Play BFE if you want even more

Listen to this while doing it

youtu.be/OE8QdGdqNOU

Attached: SAM I AM.jpg (1920x1092, 450K)

You are the mummy-king of ancient fantasy Egypt. The people who die in your kingdom are raised as skeleton warriors who fight in your armies. You must ensure that enough people are dying to keep your army numbers up to hold back invaders and/or take territory, but you also must work towards making your territories happy and bountiful in order to ensure your people remain faithful and continue to reproduce willingly. Success means ruling the world and having everyone accept you as their ruler; failure could be anything from the kingdom dying out to revolt to invaders destroying the kingdom.

So basically it's a zombie game?