Halo Reach on PC/Xbox releasing 2020 not 2019

>Flighting for Halo Reach on PC has been going well, however taking longer than expected.

>Original release date was supposed to be August 2019 or September 2019.

>343 is mainly having issues with an older engine made for Xbox performing on PC. (Has to do with dedicated servers)

>343/Microsoft is considering releasing the entire collection on PC a few months before the launch of 'Halo Infinite' which is releasing Holiday 2020, as opposed to the planned stagger release of each game.

>Targeted release date for Halo Reach PC and Xbox is February 2020. I do not know the status of any of the other halo games coming to pc.

Attached: maxresdefault-7-770x470.jpg (770x470, 52K)

Source?

Why do you go through the trouble of writing shit that nobody will read?

it's a bait and switch
Phil did this for the good press, he was desperate for a win and needed to boost the mindshare of halo
putting the actual games on pc is a very low priority. 343 is busy with Halo Infinite, the port team for MCC is very small with little resources
but at least people are talking about halo again

Attached: Based Microsoft.jpg (1648x1426, 1020K)

Don't want to reveal my department as the team is not very large however I work closely with 343.

hah yeah I'm sure microsoft was really despera-

Attached: Seething 'opposition'.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

there is one more flight left for Reach. It will release at the very latest December 2019

trust me bro

>343 is mainly having issues

there
that's literally all you needed, or ever will need to know
They are physiologically incapable of not fucking halo up

Attached: 1b7ee0ea2f5c71372990cb6f6c9e650c.png (1114x1349, 649K)

Phil has had zero success as lead of xbox,
none of his projects actually led to any improvement in hardware sales
after what is clearly shaping up to be a weak launch of next gen, expect him to be gone in 2 years time

>still no Xbox One flight
Jesus Christ 343 is incompetent

The delay has to do more with the marketing as opposed to if the game will be ready. There are too many big games coming out Q4, microsoft wants to maximize sales on Halo Reach.

Inb4 op is full of shit and microsoft releases it this christmas so that me and all the other 19-22 year old zoomers buy it.

you ever meet bonnie ross? what's she like?

Christmas is also likely, however, Microsoft is leaning towards February 2020.

She’s a whore. Invites every male employee up to her office to rail her

>One flight left
>3 major bugs to be ironed out
>Games in a playbale state on PC as we speak
>Let's delay it a year and piss everyone off just to help market Infinite

Attached: 1446241070456.gif (400x254, 1.43M)

Who cares, when's Halo 3 coming to PC?

>the issue being MCC is so horribly optimized adding reach onto the roster melts vanilla xbones

Attached: 77CBE306-2FA9-4715-A426-A2333CF250B5.jpg (539x527, 40K)

His decisions are going to lead to more software sales next gen.
And you can't really blame him for the bad hardware sales when he has to deal with what Don Mattrick left him with.

This. This is what people have wanted since 2007. Halo CE and 2 were already on PC, although the ports were somewhat botched, CE at least had a good community that's still active. People just want the original trilogy on PC, but because of some retarded-ass reason we have to wait for them to port Reach, which is a fine game but will have only a fraction of the population of 3. Then we'll have to wait for them to port console port of a PC port of a 2 console games that are already on PC before we can Finish the goddamn Fight on PC. And then Halo 4 will come out and only 10 zoomer tards will be playing it at a time. By the time we get what we want Infinite will be out and the population will be severely hampered by that.

Xbox One was shit out the gate, Microsoft's Wii U that Don Mattrick created, it's his projects and ambitions that killed the Xbox One, not Phil's the Xbox Scarlett will be the Xbox's return to form from 2001-2008.

THE BETA WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT BY MAY WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT

I'm a fag who uses 8.1 instead of 7 or 10, so go ahead and delay it for years until they make it work on my machine.

especially the black ones

why not add it as a separate game?

wonder when will the final flight be?
hopefully by the end of september with the game dropping in october

They said it will support 7, so it will also likely support 8.1

JESUS CHRIST I JUST WANT TO FINISH THE DAMN FIGHT IN MY LIFETIME

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I'd rather wait and have a working game as a final product.

Attached: .png (1200x1200, 1.8M)

Halo 3 and 4 are the worst games in the MCC.

Don't fucking care. I want to finish the stupid fight.

I'm calling bullshit right now, buddy.

Attached: frankie and bonnie.jpg (2048x1152, 311K)

fuck yes hire me nigger

>DudeTrustMe.png

THEY HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED FIXING THE XBONE VERSION OF COURSE THE PC VERSION WAS DELAYED

Attached: 1557371723620.png (774x417, 372K)

>Halo 3
>bad
pick one you fucking faggot

>this is all happening because of the shitty original xbox one design
don mattrick continues to curse us all

Attached: 1514411105585.jpg (216x399, 14K)

I hate 343 as much as the next guy but trying to get 6 different games made across over a decade to all function under a seamless UI and networking infanstructure is absolute insanity, it's a miracle it's possbile at all.

Bait

Came here to post this
fucking hell

I was disappointed enough that they're starting with Halo Reach, by far my least favorite Bungie halo.

At this point might at well right off Halo 2 or 3 ever coming to PC.

Attached: nooooo.jpg (381x353, 39K)

>Halo 2
a-user...

I hope this is fake, i cannot for the live of fuck wait any longer, I've been playing the fireflight test and holy shit its smooth as fuck

They said the plan is to release Reach, 1, 2, then 3.
The sequencing is important because Reach is the hardest game to port.

1 and 2 will be much faster because the MCC versions of 1 and 2 are already based off the PC versions.
3 will be faster than Reach because they'll have already learned enough from porting the other three games, especially Reach, another 360 game.

There's a lot of good news out there.

>complete release vs staggered

I'm for it. Staggering the games would be an absolute cluster fuck in the long run I feel, a lot of potential for oversights to fall through the cracks, and if the failed episodic model on video game development has taught us anything, iteration would be total hell unless they finish working their framework first and lock it down.

I'd much rather they take all the time they need to get it right and offer as much as possible in the way of options and modding.
Quite possibly the last Halo product I ever buy.

Halo Reach is probably my favorite and Im still disappointed.

I wish they released them in the original release order, so I can show my friend and let him experience the evolution of the halo series.

Pretty sure Reach is the only one that will be releasing out of order.

>evolution of the Halo series
Unless they really do fix ALL of CE Anniversary's grievances with this MCC port, and make it a true reproduction of the original on the Xbox, just start with a patched installation of Halo PC and then jump to Halo 2 Vista.

They want to fix Halo 1. They even got their hands on an Xbox dev kit. The question is when are they going to start working on it. Could take years

Based. Hopefully they bring back the graphical effects of the Xbox version.

They also hired an old CE modder I think.

They need to fix both Halo 1 and 2, the PC version of Halo 2 fucked up the graphics, color, lighting, shadows, and hitboxes along with the FOV.

For fucks sake why the hell are they so shit? I just don't fucking get it. I guarantee these games are going to be so damn botched once they release for PC.

What still pisses me off to this day about both the MCC and 343 is that they spent all that time trying to add both ODST and Reach to the MCC instead of 1. fixing the fucking game to the Xbox and Xbox 360 standards and 2. not getting Certain Affinity to add more BTB maps to Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer. Who in the literal fuck asked for the two worst Halo games to get shoved into the MASTER CHIEF Collection?

As long as they aren't bringing in Masterz that should be ok. Masterz is a collossal faggot who should be laughed out of any group he joins. I can't imagine being big enough of a retard to force your incest fetish into a mod then try to justify it. Even 343 employees laughed at his bullshit.

Attached: 1564849518331.jpg (419x419, 25K)