D2 Lore Tinfoil Hat Time

Considering that everything in the lore has been pointing toward the Army of Darkness returning very soon, what events do you think might occur that would steer us Guardians away from victory.

Here are some potential ideas I have of events that could throw things completely out of wack:

>Guardian civil war occurs.

>A Fallen other than Misraaks or Variks takes control and unifies the Fallen against us.

>Savathun manages to manipulate us players into giving her more power or an upper hand in the battles to come.

>Calus decides to turn on us when he realizes we aren't some puppet that just dances to his tune and tries to blow up Sol.

>Some utterly insane Lovecraftian bullshit involving the Nine (even though they are technically trying to help us).

>Some, as of yet, unknown Vex threat that has yet to emerge.

Feel free to discuss or drop theories here.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2019/6/19/18691960/destiny-2-shadowkeep-eververse-store-silver-bright-dust-ornament-bungie
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZW4cfsB6Pw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I ain't letting this thread die after writing this out. One of you fuckers is gonna discuss this shit.

God, I forgot why I don't post at all on this board.

>Make a thread and leave it to try and gain traction
>Dies in little under 20 minutes

>destiny
>story

>Not realizing that there is a shit ton of it

Go watch My Name is Byf, then come back here.

you ain't getting shit for actual story continuation until D3 so Bugnie can siphon another $120 out of your wallet you little paypig

>go read books and watch youtubers instead of playing the game to get the story

>Thinking Bungie is the Goyims instead of Activision.
>Not realizing that Destiny 1 wasn meant to be standalone and have no sequels.

>since the split eververse has been cranked up to 11
>D3 is still a separate game
cross save was a nice and unexpected about-face, but don't kid yourself into thinking Bungie isn't greedy as fuck

Bungie were the ones to scrap the original story and fire Marty
they're also the ones to have butchered their own sequel's lore and gameplay thinking they could get away again

cross save also is basically an incentive to get people to pay for the game twice

Argument: Eververse

The COSMETIC store.

In which you can get those cosmetics for free.

BY PLAYING THE GAME.

How is Destiny getting this much kickback on here, but I don't see a lick of that vitriol for Warframe?

What does any of this have to do with Diablo 2?

Worked out the same way for Dark Souls and I see that game universally praised on this board.

pretty sure someone did the math on the latest eververse changes and it was either mathematically impossible or close to it to get everything by just playing the game
ironically for season 2 (under activision) you actually could

But the base game up till Forsaken will be completely free when the next expansion drops?

???

>In which you can get those cosmetics for free
for a very very very high bright dust price
also you can't get the new items from the lootboxes you earned in-game, for free, so get grinding or start spending

Did you add in the fact that they are changing Eververse again to make more items purchaseable with Bright Dust?

and if you have forsaken on one platform but not on the other guess what, you'll have to buy it again

old content in Destiny is close to worthless once something new comes along - the game is all about power level and none of the old content drops high-level gear

Dark Souls has engaging gameplay to support its weak narrative

they're removing bright dust from the game idiot

Warframe doesn't ask for $60 + $30 + $30 + $30 + $35 up front

The whole point was to make the game like an MMO-lite? What's the difference here that makes Destiny the bad?

No one is running around saying WoW is great because you can get to level 10 or whatever for free. That's effectively all the pre-foresaken stuff is for Destiny 2. It's not a bad thing...but it's also not a positive. It's just a whatever, and it doesn't make cross save worth a damn, because if you bought Forsaken or anything past that you'd need to buy it again for cross-save to mean anything to you, since all of the gear you're going to want to use will be from expansions due to power level

>polygon.com/2019/6/19/18691960/destiny-2-shadowkeep-eververse-store-silver-bright-dust-ornament-bungie
>Starting with Shadowkeep, players will earn Bright Dust through a variety of activities, like Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard bounties. Players can still use the currency to buy from Tess’ rotating Eververse selection each week. If players want to buy something directly from the store without waiting for the rotation, they’ll still need to buy and spend Silver (Destiny’s real money premium currency) to do it.

>engaging gameplay
>engaging
>ENG
>GAGING
I'm crying, I didnt know from software fags were actually funny

Attached: 757.jpg (1022x547, 57K)

>As it stands now, reclaiming Eververse items from your "Collections," the big database of everything you've unlocked in the game, requires Bright Dust. That won't be the case going forward; you'll instead re-buy your previously unlocked gear with Legendary Shards and Glimmer, the currencies you earn as you play.

How is this bad? That means Bright Dust is used exclusively to buy the items and you can get it back from your collections by using Legendary Shards. You haven't refuted anything here.

How deep in denial are you? Destiny really doesn't have a story.

You can't discuss destiny on Yea Forums. Try /vg/

Destiny is that franchise I keep coming back to like a battered housewife.
>maybe this time they’ve got it right/it was just such-and-such factor, they’ve fixed it/learned their lesson
And every time I’m disappointed. Shadowkeep had better be the best goddamned game ever made if it wants to bring me back for good.

Attached: destiny-2-dust-lore-locations.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

Sorry OP, Destiny is one of those games that Yea Forumsirgins have an almost disturbing hate for despite the fact that most of them haven't played the game and don't know what they're talking about. That said, I really do think the Destiny universe has some interesting lore, though I wish they laid it out in the gameplay more often. Seems like you gotta go looking for it, which kinda sucks. Like, I know there's litte lore unlockables but I'd like a monster compendium or database or something like that. Anyways, yeah, I'd looking forward to what happens next.

Everything I've seen of it makes me excited. Hell, me and a raid group earlier were discussing the idea that they could possibly just bring back all the original Destiny 1 raids.

lore /= story

I really hate the way that guy talks

I feel like Bungie is slowly changing that. The fact that we are getting more missions and activities that tie story elements into the game proper means we could get a hell of a lot more interesting stuff.

When we finally get to see the actual Darkness in action, it better be properly disturbing. The Destiny-verse is a little too PG for its own good.

Attached: adventureskull.jpg (1080x1350, 243K)

Last Wish was a testament to that. The fact it instigated a major change in the game world at large was neat.

I dropped Destiny 2 when the 9 started breaking the fourth wall telling us our Guardian is special because we're the player
What happened since then?

Attached: 1554790276565.jpg (574x333, 61K)

It's a T rated game so it won't be THAT disturbing if they showed up now
Still there is hope for the next game to go full on Mature and go nuts

Attached: destiny-61.jpg (1260x735, 124K)

The idea of bringing all the content together is great. I’m anxious about the changes they’re making to damage effects, though. Damage increasing attributes will no longer stack on top of each other and it will only apply the largest buff (making a lot of wacky builds useless). They’re also allowing only one status effect to be applied to an enemy at a time. Really worried this will make the builds a bit dull.

literally nothing
Calus made a trophy room and gave us Bad Juju

Its the vidya equivalent of a pg rating, so I doubt it.

Attached: 1443471390722.jpg (796x1794, 287K)

We butchered the original Thorn and turned it into a heal slut gun

You forget the part where Savathun has "possibly" infected us with viral Hive language via the Crown of Sorrow.

wut

she had infected us longer ago with the truth to power books

I just want some sort of physical interaction with Shin Malphur, Dredgen Vale, to occur on my screen in the future.

He's out user, he tells us that in the Lumina lore

I think that was just her fucking with us. Calus specifically stated that we could have possibly been infected by the crown itself.

That doesn't mean he can't come back. The Darkness is coming and Shin is just sitting around with his thumb in his ass, I don't think so.

I just want then stupid radio coms ans make the other npc's to be in the fucking same map, Forsaken's first mission was scripted as fuck but it was the best mission on the whole expansion by far.

Mostly calus-related stuff in the current season
>Calus recovers hive crown which was a trap from Savathun
>births a bather for the sole purpose of wearing the crown
>as expected the bather (Gahlran) gets mindfucked, Calus has you kill him in Crown of Sorrows Raid Lair
>Calus has had psions recording his past, present, and future (via fanfictions)
>The Drifter meets with the actual Calus entity, they have opposing views so they're technically rivals of sort
>There's an ascendent realm on the Leviathan, Calus has you clean it up and you get Bad Juju
>You turn Dredgen Yor's original Thorn into a mediocre exotic handcannon
And in the next season/dlc
>Eris Morn on the moon awakens some dark shit
>Vex are invading the system

Every time I see discussion of the Darkness and how scary they are supposed to be, I am immediately reminded of the Sentient from Warframe. If Bungie can capture even a fraction of the spook-factor of the Sentient when introducing the Darkness, they're good in my book.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZW4cfsB6Pw

I feel like some of that is limited by the engine. Another reason I'm fucking livid with Activision.

the sentients aren't scary, just annoying

Ah, I remember the good old days of having a horrifically under kitted frame and being terrified of running into Sentient enemies.

In gameplay, sure. But on a concept level and in the narrative quests, they are pretty fucking spooky.

Here's to hoping my boy Misraaks takes the throne as the Kell of Kell's.

Vex invasion is confirmed for shadowkeep.

I think a civil war scenario could be interesting. Especially since we already had to choose between the vanguard and the drifter

Then there's the whole Vanguard dare and the fact that Uldren is now a guardian. You know that shit is gonna happen when he eventually gets to the Last City. Then there's the fact that the Vanguard is currently a shell of its former self, the leadership of the city is fractured, we got one of Ikora's Hidden thinking we were the ones who killed Cayde.

Shit is kinda fucked in the city right now.

who cares
just fix the pvp comp already Bungie

>we got one of Ikora's Hidden thinking we killed Cayde

You mean "put under investigation as we were there when he died" and then "no evidence found to support it and you're free to go"

Wouldn't know that if you sided with the Drifter though.

Plays another character for the sole purpose of unlocking all the lore.

How can one be so brain dead to think a killer would bring the victim's body to the authorities, and even proclaim that they're going to find and kill the murderer themselves

Do you not have one for every class?

Just retcon the whole red war. I will never not be mad at how bad that was.

It's the Praxic Order. They could literally be described as the Destiny Warlock version of Warhammer 40k's Inquisition in their ideological way of thinking.

I do, but I main my Warlock and also dropped of for some time due to college and other shit.

Its an investigation into a murder, even if all the evidence points towards you not doing something, you are still on the watchlist before it being dropped

>Siding with the drifter

Attached: 20181214_223034.jpg (307x512, 125K)

He's just a guy who's tired of all the shit. Tired of the war. Tired of dying. Just wants to live

>warlock main

Attached: 1564024080670.jpg (453x439, 85K)

aka he has given up and is a waste of oxygen when it comes to humanity's struggle to survive

If he's a waste, why have the Nine taken immense interest in him?

Attached: IMG_20181025_174555.jpg (379x245, 9K)

Hey, I mained Warlock back in D1. Where we could clear raids either solo or with maybe 1-2 more people.

Because he has developed the means to attract and trap Taken like they were pokemon, and the Nine hope he could eventually help them break into realspace.

This makes him important for the Nine, but no more important for mankind.

>DestinyFaggots talking in this totally normal gamer speak
Lol, no wonder nobody likes your game with shills like these popping up on Yea Forums. I hope your studio gets Burne to the fucking ground ala KyoAni. Bungie is probably the worst company on this planet and everyone there deserves a painful, slow death. Fuck you.

Attached: 1565743619762.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

The general public doesn't really give a shit about destiny, try the general. Also stop bitching about having a shitty thread, all you did was post some bullshit theories

This isn't a Diablo 2 thread, I'm confused.

Wow, did you shit out razors this morning, cause I could cut myself on all that edge.

yeah what is this zoomer tripe

>10 DESTINY2(tm) Silver has been deposited to your account

Attached: 1566771897908.jpg (714x960, 125K)

ZOOMIE LIKE SKINNY BOXXY!!! ZOOMIE LIKE SHOOTY ALIENS!!! GUNPLAY FUN FOR ZOOMIE!!!
It's a shit game for retards that's what it is.

Attached: 1566159452136.png (600x800, 299K)

You know, there's a little thing you can do for threads you don't like. Wanna know what it is?

Hide it.

10 bonus DESTINY2(tm) Silver has been deposited into your account
Your a good little Bungie drone aren't you? Yes you are!!! Good boy!

Attached: 1566259499998.jpg (896x1024, 83K)

>Being this assblasted cause someone decided to talk about something you didn't like.

Please keep posting. I'm laughing like a fucking baboon over here.

>Just turn your brain off bro it's totally fine to have shit slopped onto your plate.
kek, gotta get those retarded giggles in am I rite fags? It's okay, your Skinner box will never get better and in 20 years you won't even be able to play that game series you spent $300+ on. Enjoy the wasted time and money to a greedy corp cvmbrain :)

You're*
comma after drone

Lol, imagine having playing a game so retarded that you can't even get actual discussion on it. Every thread just devolves into shitposting and garbage. gg op, gg. Try again, there's always the cancer of /vg/ where it belongs.

You know you're not winning any sort of fight here. Just making yourself out to be an assblasted idiot that everyone can point their fingers and laugh at. But keep posting though, I'd like to see how creative you get with the insults.

Attached: IMG_20181211_013603.jpg (913x1024, 90K)

But the Nine are invested, at least some of them are, in trying to help humanity fight back against the Darkness.

Aren't they planets? Why do they care?

If the lore tabs, and theory crafting, are to be believed, they are extra dimensional dark matter entities. The Darkness simply wants to destroy one of the universes they exist in, so they obviously want to help those who would get in the way of said outcome.

They do it only because they depend on our existence. It's been implied that the second they get their physical bodies humanity's abandoned in an instant.

Obvious paid shill is obvious

Aw, come on. Now you're not even being original with it. I expected better of you.

Pathetic! Density drones truly are a disgrace. How you idiots continue to be excited for recycled content is beyond me

Based

We're going to fight rehashed shit on the moon and the story's going to barely budge as nothing major happens for another year. There's so much lore out there and we're never leaving the solar system.

>Recycled content
Kinda like your insults. Seriously, I'm getting bored over here. You got anything particularly armour-piercing or are gonna keep using the typical drone comment.

Come on, give it to me.

Hey now, Destiny's PvE is one of its few good points.

God I hope not. I would hate for it all to just be rehashed stuff.

All of the above, I hope.

Yeah, what of it?

>we're never leaving the solar system
Good

Hell, I would be down for a Worm God showing up from out of fucking nowhere and wrecking shit.

Xol was supposedly the weakest of them all.

Does that mean we'll finally get to see the so called Vex Combat forms? One would thing that they'd pay more attention to us after Guardians wrecked their shit on the Black Garden.

>playing Destiny for its pvp
that's peak plebeanism right there

>engaging
lmfao get a load of this nigger

Guardian internal confilct will happen, but not open PvP, it'll be non-confrontational faction shit outside of a few designated non-crucible areas.

Also wasnt it stated that the Vex we have fought until now are just construction crews and IT? THere's potential there.

The Black Garden was just an alarm system to let the Darkness know that the Traveler is recovering.

>Xol was supposedly the weakest of them all.
and it fucking shows, the fight against Xol was so goddamn disappointing

Bungie would throw me for a fucking loop if they decided to make it open pvp. What a fucking curve ball that would be.

>Also wasnt it stated that the Vex we have fought until now are just construction crews and IT?
yes, apparently simply being lightbearers wasn't even enough to warrant their attention, which makes you wonder what kind of threat were they dedicating their resources to.

I mean, they've tangoed with the Hive in the past but even then they aren't doing much on that front either.

With all their algorithms that they are constantly running to predict the future, they probably dedicated them to when shit gets the most jumbled and fucked in regards to their predictions.

Destiny 2 needs a Ghost voice DLC with Nolan North's serious voice, the one he uses during the intro.

more likely than not Bungo wrote that line but didnt think anything of it, but it leaves them the ability to add Vex units later on.
From a potential lore perspective the Vex probably didnt need to make dedicated soldier units since they could pretty effectively simulate everything until the encountered Guardians.

Is there anything more pathetic than people who take video game lore seriously?

Yeah, faggots who feel the need to talk down to them but forget they're trying to look tough while shitposting on Yea Forums.

Faggots posting in threads they don't like, literally doing it for free like a certain Yea Forums occupation.

Your impotent seething proves my point user.

Don't you have some silver to spend at the eververse store? Run along now, like a good desticle

>we're never leaving the solar system
I know that the Dreaming City is something like a pocket dimension, but isn't the area where you did the trials of the Nine unknown space?

Attached: 1564043841606.png (843x903, 39K)

Man, you really have run dry. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I got Destiny 2 but there's nothing to fucking do after so long. You finish all the content in less than 2 weeks then have to wait 8 months for a meaningful expansion. I stopped giving them money and buying DLC.

Comp was, and still is, shit.

It's so fucking boring doing the same shit. It's like an MMO you can max out in 2 weeks.

Getting drip fed higher light gear with weeklies.

Customisation is still shit. Eververse is cucked.

I swear it's just sunk cost fallacy for people who keep playing.

Bet everybody buys the new DLC as well and get surprised again when there's nothing to do and they finish it in a week.

Inb4 seething and coping replies.

Attached: 1555100301446.gif (500x500, 351K)

Hey man, it's not for everyone and that's fine. I feel the same way playing FFXIV or WoW when I get to a certain point. And that's why devs will continue to make money off of us, cause we get tired of doing the same shit and come crawling to them like dehydrated vampires looking for a fix of blood.

Destiny as a whole isn't for everyone, it's got some appeal but you also gotta be into what it brings to the table. If you aren't then thats your choice.

here's some tinfoil hat.

this game is totes gay and you are even a bigger gay for having played this game in your big gay life

Are they finally going to use those hueg pyramid ships from those old artworks from Dustyknee uno?

shitstainy 2 is for people who don't like video games.

let me guess you like skyrim, asscreed, boringlands etc.

baka zoomers baka

Destiny has some pretty good gun play

not really imo.

if you care about video game lore you unironically need sex asap

Ah, we got some new content here.

Attached: DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg (612x387, 32K)

>$120

actually it is $90 for year 1, $60 for year 2 and $60 for year 3.

Yeah, but Vatti was an avid dark souls player and a /vg/ browser just like a large portion of those old youtuber. Plus he has such a great voice that I could even hear him read a restaurant menu

>le good gunplay
where does this meme come from.

everything is a bullet sponge the game is a fucking reload fest.

the sounds are weak and unmemorable, the animations nothing special.

where is the "good" in this gunplay?

>tfw I've had blue balls for the past year

You're right, I do unironically need sex asap.

Attached: 2014-11-30-3.jpg (286x253, 23K)

Cope.

I was into the game for a while but it's the definition of wasted potential. You kind of learn that after doing your 50th event. The gunplay is good and that's what keeps people drawn to it.

The story is complete shite. The lore is cool but not incorporated into the game well.

I have to "be into what it brings to the table" do I?

The only thing is brings to the table is some decent gunplay. That's it. That's all there is. Because the gunplay is good the game doesn't play like complete shit, congratulations.

How is that 50th raid going gents, having fun still?
How about doing your dailys, loving that replayed story mission you did 60 other times because Bungie forgot to change it?
Has your light increased a few points this week? I mean, if you did managed to find that piece of armour or weapon that wasn't already at the light you were.

You guys barely have the energy to properly defend it.

Inb4 more cope/seething replies.

Attached: 1559676279990.png (279x337, 133K)

>everything is a bullet sponge the game is a fucking reload fest.
confirmed for never having played Destiny

lol cope a little harder for me fag gay butt sex haver

As much as I hate nu-bungie, I have to give them credit for their business model. Destiny is one of the greatest scams in video game history.

I'm not putting down Dark Souls. Fucking love that game as well. Same with Vaati. Happy to hear he had a kid.

shut up fag. game is shit. agree with me now.

It's not even a good business strategy, everybody is just so cucked and starved for games that are similar that they simply have to flock to Destiny because they have no other choice.

You can see how exhausted the playerbase is and the desperation they have for the game to be good but it's just not. There's no content to keep people there.

They're shackled to it only because somebody hasn't made a similar title that was good too.

Attached: 1557810411462.gif (420x370, 40K)

I don't have the energy to defend it against someone who obviously won't give it a chance or second thought. Why bother changing someone's mind when it's already set. Just sounds like wasted effort on my part.

Based. Anyone who still plays destiny at this point is equivalent to a drug addict.

Aw, now you've just devolved into name calling. You got a brain up there, I know you can use it.

You can barely convince yourself of its worth let alone mine. I did see value in it at one point but that quickly fizzled out, as it did for anybody with more than 2 brain cells.

You simply have no counter to what I put because there isn't one.

You absolutely refuse to accept legitimate criticism because you are a slave to a company that couldn't give two fucks about you.

Attached: 1563630976404.png (700x600, 496K)

Anyone who plays an MMO or equivalent game where content needs to be drip fed is equivalent to a drug addict.

Oh right, you can get EVERYTHING for free. Like all of the thunderlord, last word, whisper, outbreak, bad juju and thorn ornaments. Oh and all the subclass specific emotes. There's definitely never been anything, let alone anything heavily advertised, that could only be purchased in a micro transaction. Truly bungie is /ourdevs/ giving Reddit some new cosmetic items to look at while they continually ruin the gameplay and cater to streamers above all else. I clapped when they brought back [destiny 1 gear]!

>comp
Fuck off cunt, metafags ruined Destiny 1 to the ground and beyond and now those faggots are running loose now

It's funny, it's like Destiny fanbase is split in half on most issues. As soon as Destiny changes something you get half a dozen spergs wanting it the other way and if they change it again the other half dozen wants it changed back.

Bungie is trying to appeal to both sides and it's leading to a boring game that isn't fun for anyone.

It's actually pretty comical, like the fanbase has dementia or something.

You're talking as if I didn't agree with points you made in your first post. Comp is shit and needs to be fixed. Customisation is fucked, but will hopefully be unfucked with the coming expac. Eververse will hopefully just stay a shop that you have to grind to get the appearances. Destiny has fucked shit, that I can agree on.

But since when has that never been the case for other mmo-type/online content dripfeed games?

Why didn't the "guardians" just cast themselves out of the dullest franchise in the history of video game franchises? Seriously each event following the gay player and his faggy pals from reddit as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the scifi imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of in game mechanics, all to make fun unfun, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Bungie vetoed the idea of making more halo; they made sure this new series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? just ridiculously profitable zoomer bait. The Destiny series might be anti-fun, but it’s certainly the anti-halo series in its refusal of wonder, engaging gameplay and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the gunplay was good though

"No!" The animation is dreadful; the sounds are terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time a character got into a fight, the developers decided at least half of that time should be spent reloading.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that I reloaded. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Bungie's mind is so governed by loot boxes and cosmetics that they have no other style of development. Later I read a lavish, loving review of destiny by the game starved xbox fans. They wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing destiny at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Fortnite" And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Destiny" you are, in fact, trained to play Fortnite

The other MMOshits acknowledge what they are and play to that strength. And actually have a wide variety of things to do other than core content.

And have good customization.

Destiny is a single player game that other people happen to be playing as well.

shut up lady boy. agree with me or be a wrong gay boy
it's impossible for a looter shooter to actually be good.

looty shooty defeats the entirety of fun of an FPS. no one playing an fps wants to dick around in a menu, no one wants to do the same thing over and over again.

it's a retarded genre and I can't believe gaymers keep it afloat.

destinyfags getting raked over the coals itt, never seen a fanbase so thoroughly btfo before

Attached: 57547425774354.jpg (660x574, 31K)

I miss that phoned in bored voice from that manlet

Because they're the retarded brand of gamer which made gaming today fucking shit.

Well hey, how about this?

When the new expac drops and all the articles about it either fixing a lot of problems or making pre-existing worse, then I can come back and you can tell me how wrong I was and how blue pilled I am for Destiny and Bungie.

Sad but true. Bungie's model is great when it comes to fleecing players but even this is on borrowed time (e.g. Activision walking away from the 10-year deal).

The worst part in all this though are the players. I mean, just look at the absolute state of the game's subreddit for example. It's unbelievably pathetic

They keep doing it to themselves

Please just go back to /r/destinythegame and stay there.

But Activision didn't walk away. Bungie bought the rights back.

Nah, I think I'm good here. I get a good laugh out of the chucklefucks who rage harder than Ron Jeremy's boner in these boards about vidya.

Bungie and Destiny are FUBAR

The game's subreddit has fucking amnesia. They're some of the most retarded people I've had the mispleasure of having to read threads by.

>"Dear bungie"
>Dear bungie, as a full time dad
>dear bungie
>Bungie,we need to talk

The absolute onions and cuckoldry that drips from every dear bungie post is palpable.

These are the people that cry at marvel movies and cheered when Brie Larson showed up.

These bluepilled fucks are playing destiny while their fat wife gets railed at the weekend by her boss.

I think you're much better on Reddit. They'll upvote all your opinions and make you feel good about yourself.

>h-haha I'm not a pathetic incel l-lol
spoken like a true shitstainy gay autist who sucks on cock for fun inbetween his super long destiny pvp queues LOL!

I really wish someone at Bungie would just leak the 2 hour video of the original Destiny story that was rejected

I'm not even here to feel good about myself. I'm here for shitposting, a good laugh, and maybe a good discussion once in a while.

I'll be honest, you gotta fix the grammar man. Makes you look like your slamming your face against your keyboard. Makes it kinda dry to read through, y'know?

>game forces you to play its miserably unfun PvP to get anything done
>game director announces that in the new expansion the game will purposely put you in matches it expects you to lose just so that other players can stomp you
What's next, they'll calculate a Stomp Quotient based on your purchased silver, Twitch subscriber count and MMR to make this game even more miserable?

And Bungie knows this and they exploit it to the max

He seems to be the only person who understand I'm just in the business for the fun and the swag, fuck all this guardian nonsense.

>this thread

Attached: 1558213202980.jpg (960x516, 50K)

lol this guy sucks dick, but some how that isn't the gayest thing he does, he plays shitstainy LOL!

Attached: 6865485668567546788.png (652x756, 48K)

Neither did I put down DS but if there was a time where a guy like Vatti could explain little things from destiny and expands his lore knownledge with fan theories and reading items text and reading them with a great voice it's now long past gone and I saw old videos from guys trying to explain things too back when it was new.
>son
A famous ERP entusiast put his benis behind a grill's knee and got himself a son. To be fair, that's fantastic news

agree any thread about destiny was retarded before it began

Yep. This is why I avoid such games like the plague.

>I LOVE Fagti
lol zoomers sicken me

>game forces you to play its miserably unfun PvP to get anything done
Since when, I avoid Destiny PvP like the plague

Idk what he's talking about but the only thing "better" about the pve is that it doesn't take 20 minutes to get to the lame as fuck mundane "content"

Rehashed jokes again. I'll be honest, you're kind of losing the crowd.
This is fucking hilarious.

No one fucking cares about Bungie's vehicle for microtransactions, fuck off

You can't put anything past companies these days. Just look at general state of gaming today.

Attached: 656865385464586.png (652x709, 33K)

I assume since you play destiny you'd be down for a quick sucking and fucking? do you by chance live in london?

46 people apparently do

You even type like a faggot, in that passive aggressive manner.

It's not even being passive aggressive. I'm genuinely laughing at all of this right now. The fact that people keep coming out of the waterworks to shit on Destiny in this thread is amazing.

Destiny is fun, but it took a long time for bungie to turn around how shit d2 was, forsaken was a good expansion but the annual pass nearly killed the game. Bungie probably pays tribute to EA because anthem was so fucking atrocious

Attached: Snapchat-1634326217.jpg (576x1107, 135K)

Im only talking about PvP, to be fair, most of the changes they did in PvE on D1 were adding Taken variations and fixing up cheese tactics for said strikes. But when it's about PvP those metafags have been crying for massive nerfs rather than individual nerfs

lol gaaaaay. you talk like a game developer or journalist

Attached: 68568667735736.png (1185x756, 53K)

Fucking based! You summed up that cesspit of a subreddit perfectly.

Based /dg/

Seething bungie employee

On the topic of PVP they will sperg out over anything.

In D1 they were tired of getting rekt so made it in D2 you need to stick together then they sperged at that.

When the Vex laser cannon thingy was broken and killing people in 2 secs people were having fun with it but wanted it fixed ASAP. When it was fixed people mad and lamented that was the funnest destiny PVP had been in a while.

Bungie can't win PVP-wise imo

Oh now you're just getting lazy. Using the same template, should've gone for something new.
I fucking wish. Would be making a hell of a lot more money than the job I have now.

Sucking Destiny's pays huh?
Good for you I suppose.

are you employed for minimum wage? games journalist/developer is hardly big money.

Pretty much every quest and event requires you to do PvP.

Again. I. Fuckin. Wish. College and fucking bills would be a hell of a lot easier to deal with if I were working for Bungie.

you have to go back

Third world internet marketer or something?

Pizza place. College doesn't help now that the IRS apparently thinks I can drop 5000 on a dime for classes.

>the new expansion the game will purposely put you in matches it expects you to lose just so that other players can stomp you
Are they bringing back the """" Hidden"""" MMR again? Shit was less awful than the actual matchmaking D2 has now,

i browse the destiny r*ddit regularly at work on company time. i dont ACTUALLY browse reddit in my free time but the devs atleast acknowledge the posters on that site and try to make adjustments. also had a few laughs when the steam link went live, a based chink posted a phishing link to get steam logins.
im even to the point now where i have nothing to do and HAVE to create goals for my self, curretly working on reckoner title. thankfully i have some bros that all group up on weekends to raid.
>t. 800 hours on PC with 5 titles desticuck

holy reddit batman. no one cares about your erectile dysfunction or whatever your gay life problems are

>pizza place retard defends destiny
pottery

>love
As I said, a famous ERP lover who stole peoples theories from various sites and went AWAY with it just because he's a cool voice. He's still a hueg faggot anyway

You apparently do, seeing as you keep replying in here towards me.

and you fucking love him LOL.

No adjustments they make can actually placate their audience though. Some people don't get that there are winners and losers in PVP. Bungie seem to want everybody to be a winenr but it's just not the case.

They need to stop fucking handling events around PVP though, I don't give a fuck about getting 50 headshots with a handcannon so I can unlock some gay exotic gun. Fuck off.

Do you enjoy doing the same raid 50 million times?

Isn't it so easy now it can basically be brute forced?

>h-haha y-you replied
and then if I didn't reply
>h-haha see shitstainy haters btfo they stopped replying epic for the players! xbox rules!

>Uses the idea that because anyone gave attention to your shitposting that they suddenly revolve around you.
Nice try. But keep going though, you're at least coming up with some new insults now.

Dios Mio LOL

Thanks for your honesty user. Unfortunately, in bungie's eyes, you're nothing more than another useful idiot

the destiny reddit is the biggest dick eating contest that I've ever witnessed on the internet. Even Bungie's own forums agree that the reddit is fucking cancerous

Those ""they"" you're talking about are those filthy metafags. You could go solo and still go away from groups because on how pants on head retarded-mode weapons stats were created. SUROS regime was good without his exotic perk since no other AR with similar archtype had those exceptional stability and range stats, sure, they were pretty good, but lacked in range and soft recoil patterns so you were pretty much fucked up if you tried to fight them from far away when you could use a DMR or a Handcannon, but then we go on how awful were the normal playlist maps and reduced DMR strong points when a Handcannon could do the same and better since maps werent huge enough to align your shots. And I could go and go about how most if not all problems come from the awful map design.
Vex Mythoclast was a broken piece of shit that was only rewarded to people who leveled up 8 characters per week just to fight against the rng or were just lucky. People who were sad were the same metafags who clinged to a new weapon and cried for a buff when the weapons was in fact, pretty much balanced without going into a broken state and they repeat it until D2 released and they're doing it again

"The more things change, the more they stay the same".

the lore is dead, it's been dead since D2 launched
stop caring, play the game as a time killer, and move on.
Nothing that happens will make sense, and it will all come back to the queen's "plan"

I wish they would ditch the embarrassing powerful engram leveling system. It's obviously causing them grief based on the Director's Cut. Just make it so your first X level ups per week grant both a powerful package that you can redeem for weapons/armor you want and a cosmetic engram. That way players can play what mode they want and there's less RNG leveling.

Indeed. I would have bought another DLC after ROI since they had 2 more large expansions left but those were left for D2 vainilla and it's 2 DLCs. What a shame

>Guardian civil war occurs.
Won't happen when Saladin is fucking watching us
>A Fallen other than Misraaks or Variks takes control and unifies the Fallen against us.
That's retarded already
>Savathun manage to manipulate us players into giving her more power or an upper hand in the battles to come.
>implying
>Calus decides to turn on us when he realizes we aren't some puppet that just dances to his tune and tries to blow up Sol.
Not part of his plan when he knows what Drifter is trying to do
>Some utterly insane Lovecraftian bullshit involving the Nine (even though they are technically trying to help us).
See Drifter
>Some, as of yet, unknown Vex threat that has yet to emerge.
Oh no not another Vex incursion that we can shit on

Attached: Destiny 2 2019.08.24 - 18.20.46.93.jpg (3840x2160, 1.04M)

we have already been tricked into giving savathun more power by participating in the curse in the dreaming city.

her last wish was that everything would be reset every 3 weeks including the death of her daughter for an infinite supply of death to fuel whatever hive bullshit shes got planned for the future.

I have friends who are D1 vets who cut their losses after playing D2's beta, and I'm so glad they did. The entire D2 experience has been a clusterfuck of epic proportions. How anyone can be excited for the future of this franchise is beyond me.

If everyone is getting reset. How are getting new events.

i hope the darkness wins and destroys the new tower too

i'd like d3 to have towns on each planet, with npcs that actually have dialogue and quests and mean something, and not just one central lifeless hub

The only people excited are bungie fanboys and people who missed the shitfest Destiny 1 was from the beginning.

>Oh no not another Vex incursion that we can shit on

Hasn't Calus implied that we have only fought the constructor and maintenance forms of the Vex, and that he eagerly awaits the day when we face their actual warriors?