Why did i dismiss VNs for so long? this was fucking awesome. What else should i add to my list?

Why did i dismiss VNs for so long? this was fucking awesome. What else should i add to my list?
I have AA and Steinsgate on my list already.

Attached: lotus-zero-escape-the-nonary-games-9.89.jpg (210x240, 18K)

Those are reddit VNs
Read Dies irae and then dont read anything else. DI is all you need.

Attached: 1548118544995.jpg (1600x1200, 2.27M)

What are some depressing visual novels?

remember11 is just 999 tier atmosphere but snow

Attached: 1356152933725.jpg (796x409, 51K)

clannad

Absolute garbage anime

anime is always garbage

the steins gate anime was pretty good

your mom's name must be anime then

Fata Morgana
Clannad, Little Busters, Planetarian
Muv Luv and then Muv Luv Alternative (just gotta stomach through lacrosse arc, Alternative is a fucking masterpiece)
Umineko
Subarashiki Hibi
Tsukihime and Fate Stay Night

Attached: 1535305915428.png (305x183, 91K)

Damn bruh you got me there
Now go back to watching your shounen shit

Switch Fate with Dies Irae and this is correct aside from MLA being a Masterpiece

Danganronpa, AA, and Zero Escape are the trinity of starter VN's, if you like one, you'll probably like the other two. After that I'd recommend Steins;Gate (time travel) and Higurashi (horror).

>(just gotta stomach through lacrosse arc, Alternative is a fucking masterpiece)
I liked Extra. I fell in love with Meiya

I want to make love to Mercurius.

Attached: Mercurius3.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

imagine liking the retarded alien

Reddit: the post.

monster girl quest if you're a shonenfag

>Muv luv and Alternative
You guys are fucking assholes for recommending these VN's, you know that right?

It's all absolute garbage

a reddit VN would be something like Danganronpa or shit like Dream Daddy or DDLC
I'm not going to recommend stuff like Crescendo, Demonbane or Kana Imouto to someone who is just starting with the genre

Is that why you only recommended absolute dogshit? F/SN and Tsukihime are the only good titles on your list.

>a reddit VN would be something like Danganronpa or shit like Dream Daddy or DDLC
I don't think reddit even considers those games as VN's, user.

shit taste

jesus, shut the fuck up you hipster trash

He has shit taste, but F/SN has some of the shittiest writing I've ever seen even by VN-standards.

Play Your Turn To Die.

Attached: bighair.png (490x624, 76K)

>F/SN and Tsukihime are the only good titles on your list.
lul

Fat Morgan

It's okay, but the writing is significantly worse than other VN's in the same genre, definitely feels fan-made.

I know they are borderline just regular adventure games, but there's enough VN stuff there to be considered one

Well this thread went to shit immediately. Don't trust what anyone says in this thread.

You already played the best one. And I mean that seriously. Nothing compares to 999.

Attached: 1433383719863.jpg (466x398, 87K)

>the writing is worse
>all of v3
>mind hack
Ok buddy

lol

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab--the-frog-united-states.jpg (236x224, 11K)

Steins;Gate is pretty fucking good, that is, if you can take 7 hours of comedy before getting into the nitty-gritty of the actual sci-fi plot.

Read Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child as well, and Robotics;Notes when the translation comes out. Don't be an S;G-only, the entire SciADV series is worth reading.

How is the writing worse than ZTD?

Umineko and Danganronpa,fucking do it

>AA
?

Not SG0, that shit was garbage.

V3 has some dumb plot points, but the writing, characterization, and dialogue are significantly better than in Your Turn to Die.

Yeah, you're right about ZTD, but the Zero Escape series in general has better writing. ZTD is funnier than YTTD though.

Not compared to the VN, the anime butchered several characters.

The VN was garbage too though.

>worse than Danganronpa
>worse than VLR, ZTD
Lol. 999 I would understand but not the others. I doubt you played it.

play Umineko my friend, you won't be dissappointed. It is 100 hours long so be prepared.

Attached: beato.jpg (1000x750, 368K)

999 is the worst one though

umineko is overrated shit

No. It doesnt have a sequel. 999 is a stand-alone game.

>V3 has some dumb plot points, but the writing, characterization, and dialogue are significantly better than in Your Turn to Die.
Can't make this shit up.

Attached: 57d.png (1018x790, 220K)

Sorry user, but I cringed way more during chapter 1, than in any of the games you listed. It's not awful, but there is a noticeable difference in quality between the games.

complex

I guess you are just weird then since almost everyone else sees it completely different.

I think people are only talking about it because it's a new niche thing and it's been pretty dry for the genre since V3 came out. People will forget about out when the game is finished, unless it has a god-tier ending or something.

Katawa Shoujo.

Everyone who has played both series says the writing and characters are way stronger than Dumpster Ronpaul though. You're literally the first dude claiming otherwise

>Everyone who has played both series says the writing and characters are way stronger than Dumpster Ronpaul though.
No, just the people in your hugbox do.

Play YU-NO, the original version.
Steins gate was really disappointing except for one minor route may be.

Attached: 8195666.png (412x258, 224K)

>Why did i dismiss VNs for so long? this was fucking awesome.
To be fair, there are a lot of shit VNs. The DS actually got a number of good ones with game elements, although you'll find that a lot of highly linear VNs which just involve tapping the next button until they're over. That isn't necessarily bad - some have an enjoyable story - but don't expect every VN to be 999.

I'd also recommend Time Hollow on DS if you are interested. Ace Attorney is great, especially the first few games, although it starts to fall off and get worse as time goes on. Also pick up Ghost Trick it isn't really a VN but is one of the best DS games.

>Want to write a neat mystery murder VN
>Don't even know where to start
Help

>nasushitter thinks he can comment on VN taste with any authority
Kill yourself.

And play saya no uta. May be play ever 17, too, if you want more 999, too. Haven't played remember 11.
Everything else that's been recommended here is reddit tier shit compared to these.

You should carefully read those famous golden rules about writing mystery.
Read books or VNs, dedicate at least 15 minutes of your day to see how other people do it, seek inspiration but don't copy.

The only VNs I enjoyed was the zero escape series and even then I only really liked the first 2.

Since I liked the premise of "randoms trapped together in a mysterious death game" I tried danganronpa but I couldn't get into it either.

please DIbro we must be kind and not brash, we are dead enough as is

Of course, danganronpa is fuckin shit. Even ace attorney is more soulful than fucking danganronpa.
Go read saya no uta, it's only 5 hours long. There are a lot of gems in the genre.

I was just thinking about something that bothered me about the safe ending. How did Junpei and Seven convinced Snake to not worry about Clover right after he got out of the coffin? If I were him, the very first thing I would do after waking up from a surprise attack would be to make sure my important sister is safe and sound, especially if she's in a life threatening situation like the Nonary Game. I wouldn't care if someone told me "She's alright, come help us save June", I would demand to see her and look for her.

try your turn to die, it's kind of a mix between both

Been playing the Zero Escape series for the past year with two friends. Unironically helped me get out of a slump and brought the optimism back to vidya and life. Then ZTD crushed it all.

Attached: ZE1.png (1146x643, 1.55M)

Oh shut up. Even outside of this "hugbox" you usually get this opinion.

here, meant to quote