SMT Thread

Just finished this game, hearing Dagda's speech at the end couldnt have ringed more hollow to me, and everything regarding Friendship was so on the nose I really feel I should have killed them all just to have them shut up. Great game, though. Should I go for Strange Journey next or Soul Hackers, or Persona Q2?

Attached: yhvh.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>I really feel I should have killed them all just to have them shut up
You do know you can do that, right?

I know, I wont dissapoint Dagda twice.

I went from SMT IV -> Final -> Strange Journey Redux and i can tell you that in the beginning it might be very awesome, but i dropped it at the 6th sector.
Even when you love Dungeon Crawlers, later on it will be a huge clusterfuck. You either map it yourself or you check the maps online. And even then you got more shitty stuff like traps (can avoid them with apps) and of course, the fucking random teleporters.

Don't get me wrong, SJ is a fucking masterpiece and one of the best Dungeon Crawlers ever, but it turns into a chore in the late sectors.

Attached: doomguy.png (305x803, 233K)

This
Maps in this game is cope

SJ is decent at best imo. I don't get the praise it gets.
What did you like about Apoc OP?

Of those three, go with SJ I guess. I'm not the biggest fan of it but people seem to like it.

I'd suggest playing soul hackers. I played it before smt 4 and I loved it, its the main reason I went on to play 4 and apocalypse.

Attached: images (3).jpg (452x678, 29K)

Somebody post the “deny the existence of Heaven” picture

The revamped map, being able to choose my Partners, Krishna and Shesha were very cool, kinda sad I didnt get a final bout against Shesha, Smirk being not as powerful as before, Dagda. Also, while I didnt finish it because I was too weak to defeat the Neutral Horde, the "Messiahs in the Diamon Realm" was great
Its weird, having a game which is better in every sense but the story, I guess the devs wanted players to see Asahi/Toki as love interests, I never saw them more than a dumb younger sister and an annoyance respectively, and my happiness for Navarre coming back and being a main charachter got soured by every "WHHHaaaaAAaattt?" he did. right now im having trouble rating the game because instead of just beeing mediocre, it has a lot of things that I hate and love a lot.
That never appeared for me, does it appear in the Massacre route?

Not op but I just like how I got to take down my annoying harem of retards.
Outside Isabelle, Aisha and sometimes Gaston I didn’t give a fuck about anyone else

I really loved the Fan love letter DLC
We just really need a high budget SMT with Hero, Alphes, Demifiend, Flynn and Nanashi.

Just so much potential going to waste

Attached: 1563575172947.jpg (456x1024, 630K)

I assume you've played Nocturne?

Nope, im a spic and ive never seen it in a store in my whole life and my computer is too shitty to emulate ps2.

Perfection

i think it's on ps store.
Also, that's bullshit. I played Nocturne on my fucking 200 dollar laptop. Just tweak and experiment with the settings and it'll be playable

I wrote computer but I meant notebook, cant even emulate Nintendo ds games, bah, it can, ar single digits fps

Attached: specsnew.png (1366x768, 102K)

>That never appeared for me, does it appear in the Massacre route?
Yeah. During the YHVH fight, the player does all the denying of YHVH's words. I just finished the Bonds route after going Massacre initially.

>Dagda believes in a greater potential for humanity, wants to liberate its existence from meddling demons and gods who should go back to being the aspects of nature they represent instead of being trapped in a material form, believes in the power of the individual, being able to overcome anything by the power of oneself instead of relying on others. His ending is arguably a good ending for the whole of humanity and demons/gods alike
>For some reason a Godslayer that follows this mindset its just an overall dipshit who is an asshole to everyone for no real reason.

Being Dagda's Godslayer means you need to completely divorce yourself from the old universe, which is why Flynn and your goddess get revived as mindless puppets. Any connection to the old world gives YHVH or another old god the chance to return. Denying everything is the only way to properly start anew and truly make your universe yours.

Apocalypse had great gameplay, music and style.

But that writing is so fucking persona it's disgusting. Being danced around by your party saying how friendship is the best and Dagda going on about THA NEW YEWNAVERSE KED felt so black and white it wasn't a choice on ethics. It was just who grinds your gears more.

>Give him a Nintendo Switch

Threadly reminder that 4A is a metaphor for the state of SMT/cry for help from the dev team.

Ive read that there are several changes in boss fights according to how much of an asshole I was during the game. Like Dagda killing my demons if I go Bonds after being an edgy teenager. Is it worth it to play the game 4 times in order to see all these changes? The only thing that is mentally stopping me is YHVH's Universe.

SMT IV with Apoc gameplay and bosses would easily be my favorite in the series. The setting is my favorite as well

That seems to be the consensus. I chose to interpret my options as
>A universe where SMT stays true to itself
or
>A universe where Persona's themes overwrite SMT's core

I like both series, but prefer when they're separate.

Attached: 1493429475787.jpg (1744x2480, 498K)

>To Save Law/Neutral/Chaos from Persona you must become the big bad

Literally the only way to look at the writing of Apocalypse in a good light.

Based and Anarpilled

I feel like SMT would be okay being a little more lighthearted, having more development to the charachters and they having a good time, sometimes. But Apocalypse was too lighthearted, too happy. Is it possible to have silliyness in SMT outside of Jack Frosts and demon banter while still feeling the game is true to itself?

IV did that fairly well. Didn't feel too dark

Yeah IV had the ultimate bro Walter, who even after siding with Lucifer didn't really want to fight you.

Not like that colossal faggot Jonathan though.