Lose half of all your money and experience points every time day you die, NPC's also get inflicted with illnesses

>lose half of all your money and experience points every time day you die, NPC's also get inflicted with illnesses
what the fuck were they thinking? This seems like such a ridiculous punishment in a game that is already really hard

Attached: 220px-Sekiro_art.jpg (220x275, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0raGgALXcKl
youtube.com/watch?v=5g0Qmx-UnXA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 11arefu.jpg (497x500, 32K)

Sekiro isn't a hard game.

>inb4 drones spout "git gud" like brainless memers

the bosses are quite hard for a modern game mostly because you aren't allowed lots of errors

>thinking the illnesses are anything more than the most insignificant inconvenience in all of gaming

Not really; it boils down to pressing L1 or using a certain tool at the right time.
It's no different to a rhythm game, a game genre even girls play competently.

Oh man you are such a badass. I wish I am a raging faggot like you when I grow up. How many dicks did you have to suck to be such a fagget?

t. pleb filtered

Attached: Kuro.(Sekiro_.Shadows.Die.Twice).full.2535007.jpg (800x1200, 128K)

>No counter-argument so you attack me with a strawman and sarcasm
As expected from someone who finds Sekiro hard.

Dragon gout can't even kill NPCs. It just gives them slightly different dialogue to make you feel bad for fucking up so much. Other than that it has no effect on quests (if I'm remembering right anyway) or the gameplay. It's just a guilt trip.

That's baby tier punishment compared to Demons Souls cutting your lifebar in half.

>I wish I am a raging faggot like you when I grow up.
Underageb&

>or the gameplay
It reduces your Unseen Aid.

Okay retard thank you for your input

can npcs die from dragonrot? i had such a large amount of dragon blood that i could cure whenever somebody got sick and still have leftovers by the time i finished the game.

Attached: 1542642013799.jpg (380x385, 18K)

He is right though. When you start get a grip on the combat system and start to play the way the game wants you to play it, that is on a constant offensive, then Sekiro becomes easy.

And I mean easy as in I don't find any of the bosses particularly intimidating and was consistenly able to beat ALL of them on my first try on NG+,++,+++ which isn't the case for any of the dark souls games for example.

The real punishment in that loss is forcing you to grind, and I have no idea who thought grinding would be a good idea in sekiro. You should never die, nor is it a real punishment if you have half a brain. I just don't know why it's there.
And speaking of dumb ideas, has anyone really benefitted from unseen aid? I always got it at 1 sen and 0 xp while dying at a new boss.

>Not really
yes really
>pressing L1 or using a certain tool at the right time.
yes you press buttons at the right time, this is how most games work. thanks for pointing out what makes this game so easy you fucking brainlet

Dragonrot literally just locks out NPC questlines. No one can die from it.

It's literally nothing.jpeg.

Highly doubt it since I died for guardian ape for some 5 hours and nothing really happened.

Which you almost never get anyways

You can cure dragonrot for some measily 180 sen which is, I don''t know, equal to killing 5 or 6 regular enemies. Pretty cheap

It's maybe the one part of the game I think is poorly thought out. I have a feeling Dragonrot was originally going to have more lasting consequences but it was ultimately too harsh. The game tends to punish bad play harshly in general. For example your posture recovers slower the less HP you have.

I'm getting filtered by the Ape right now. Any advice besides "git gud"?

The real question should be why the fuck is there a boss rush mod when the game is quite literally boss rush as it is. Most of the bosses are less than a minute run apart from each other. I love that the respawn points are just before each fight though

Why would you ever have to grind?

>You should never die
holy shit what

If you want to max out your prosthetic tools/skills there is no alternative.

But you aren't being forced to do that.

You could just play through NG cycles like a normal person

Exactly this. Going in blind it was hard as balls, when I got the hang of the combat and timing of the hardest enemies it became a walk in the park.

The difference is that genuinely hard games require a lot of work beyond pressing buttons.
With Sekiro you just have to press L1 at the right times until the enemy or boss get off balance, then you get an instakill or remove one life bar from with a single attack.

I managed to finish Sekiro and I'm one of the biggest retards in the entire world when it comes to videogames
>Never finished a single NES or SNES game (not even fucking Super Mario Bros) besider JRPGs where you don't need to be good, just grind as necessary.
>I've never won a match on a multiplayer game
>I'm too stupid to get into fighting games

If I am to beat a game, it means that the game is easy.

If you really want to cheese the first phase just run in circles mid distance around the ape and wait till it throws its poop at you. Then run in, get two-three chops in and throw firecrackers to do some more damage. Don't spend all your emblems on this phase because you need them for the spear trick in the second phase.

In second phase you just have to parry three sword hits, get your shots in and run away, rinse and repeat

vocaroo.com/i/s0raGgALXcKl
i got bored after the 100th parry/counter.
so many weapon to chose from i feel like a kid in a piece of candy store.

Attached: Suckyroo.jpg (774x1032, 83K)

I agree with my fellow retard here

name 5 harder games from this year

For the first phase just spam that weapon art where you execute a bunch of cuts and heal as necessary.
For the second phase just stay away from him, punish with a single hit when he does that big sword sweep, repeat until he dies. No parries needed.

>You could just play through NG cycles like a normal person

Have you done it? It'll take fucking forever. I platinumed Sekiro and going through the entire game without dying and you won't even get 1 skill point once you're close to maxing everything out.

It is way more efficient to grind in Ashina Outskirts in NG++/+ after fountainhead.

I found that parrying was the way to go with the second phase, takes much less time and it's more intense and fun that way. You can also stun the boss if you parry the overhead attack.

Yeah but the money can barely be used to by anything of value and the illness doesn't really do anything. The exp is the only real loss.

Samurai Shodown
Resident Evil 2
Ace Combat 7
Devil May Cry 5
Left Alive (but not for the right reasons)
Mortal Kombat 11
Katana Zero
The Contra collection (that mya or not count)

>For the second phase just stay away from him, punish with a single hit when he does that big sword sweep, repeat until he dies. No parries needed.
That's the worst advice you could give to anyone playing sekiro. That's the way people who get filered by genichiro play. It's not only a lot longer but also harder to execute because you have to constantly run away from the scream attack

name 5 things that make sekiro hard

You sound like a lonely faggot

It worked for me. It also worked for Genichiro's third phase.
What's the point of doing flashy MGL shit when it gets you killed? Isshin agrees with me and that's why he pulls a gun of you

This game is so bad. Terrible level design and crazy imbalance.

Just parry.

To unlock skills and prosthetics and see if they're fun/useful? Or to cap out the xp a boss gave you?
Yeah, if you die with a ton of gold and xp it's entirely your fault. At no point in the entire game can you die twice to regular mobs unless you're asking for it.

Literally easiest game I've ever played lmao. Beat it in like 3 days. If you cant beat it you must truly be acoustic

I have. Sekiro is a very short game if you just speedrun past all the enemies and just fight the bosses who give the most exp anyway. You might have to get to NG+3 or 4 but that's it.

It doesn't really get you killed and it's actually a whole lot easier and efficient. You're playing Sekiro wrong and it may hamper your enjoyment of the game.

>said the faggot
nice one, faggot

atleast i'd admit it, chump

I read that as "You should never die because it's bad game design."

Logic aside, you can parry most of his giant swings. Mid-ranging until he leaps at you or throws shit or tantrums on the floor is also a good idea. Phase 2 is not hard at all so feel free to blow all your reserves on Firecrackers for free punishes, but PAY ATTENTION to how the chimp chimps after you toss them. Half the time, he'll just freak out and curl up, but half the time he'll tower up and crash to the ground after a few seconds. That second one will actually hit you. When he roars, you can also grapple to the sword in his neck to close distance.

Phase 2 is piss easy. The attacks are far-reaching, but if you stay nearby and learn the parry times, there is no problem. This whole fight is about parrying rather than dodging and running like Phase 1, so get in there. When he stands up super tall and points his sword in the air, he's going to chop down on you; this can be parried, and if you parry it, he'll crash to the ground and let you smack him a few times. If you want to be REALLY fancy, if you have tokens left over and you successfully parry this attack, you can also charged-thrust your spear into his neckhole an pull out the centipede. Does massive posture damage, but isn't necessary. The only thing to look out for is when he starts swaying and puts his head back on his shoulders, just run like hell since you don't have the anti-terror umbrella yet. Take a moment to heal or buff with confetti if you have spare and need it.

Nothing happens to NPCs, all Dragonrot does is stall their NPC quests.

>said the chump
why are you such a faggot?

Why are you so mad, Did you get gated by lady butterfly?

gated by a single sword. some say it's still putting people to sleep this very day!

I finished katana zero to cool down from the two apes on ng+ without kuro's charm. Cute game and not really hard.

>Ninja Gayden

Sounds like you're just a bitch who couldn't handle the games difficulty

oh boy, here i go parrying again!
you are severely autistic. please play a fun game for once.

Yeah, I was taking on op's point. I meant you're gonna die for progression, but you can always escape if you really want to.

>beat the game multiple times up to NG+3
>still can't do Butterfly or Slave-Knight Gehrman Artorias properly
>spam dodge-attack to completely invalidate Butterfly and spend all of phase 3 and 4 of Slave-Knight running away to bait his jump then getting one free charge attack until he dies from lack of health
I'm disappointed in myself but it's a feature, not a bug.

Attached: 1548265389438.gif (412x264, 938K)

I did, I played sekiro.

Attached: Steam_2daM0omZU1.png (336x104, 60K)

Two apes is a shit fight. I mean yeah, the other ape dies in seconds and the guardian ape is just phase 2: madness bugaloo but fighting multiple bosses in fromsoft games is always cheap and unfun

btw Can we fight the five spears of ashina?

Not at all. I stayed away from the monkey and just attacked after said sweep; managed to win without sweating a sweat.
Same with Genichiro: I recognized which attacks I could punish (for example, when he's about to make a perilous attack you can whack him with impunity) and stayed away from him the rest of the fight.
Same with Owl: I just attacked after he did his jumping attack, stayed away the rest of the time.

I know you want to impress people with your MGL advanced ultra strategies, but many people like me just want to win and move on with the game.

>not stopping at 69 hours
fucking amateur

Rhythm games are one of the hardest and most autistic genres out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=5g0Qmx-UnXA

If you have exp that's half way or more to a skill point you really should not fight the boss, just get the point and then fight if you care.

>butterfly
How? Why? This fight is pretty much all about locking her in a constant parry-attack loop and not getting raped by illusion missles in her second phase.

How long do the fights take when you play like that? When you focus on filling the boss' posture it's much faster and feels like the intended way to enjoy the fights

yeah but Sekiro has nowhere near that level of intensity.

>mgl
I don't even know what that means bro

>many people like me just want to win and move on with the game.
Then maybe you should find another hobby instead of forcing yourselves to do something you clearly don't want to do. The game wants you to play in a specific way which is very fair and satisfying unlike running in circles for 10+ minutes fishing for one stab at the boss

so it's not inherently difficult. just say it, dude.

Lol you're a liar. Even if you did 1 hour playthroughs (which likely you won't have, closer to 1 1/2 to 2 hours) its still way less efficient to do it that way. Grinding is way more effcient. You will get to NG+7 or 8 by the time you master the Mushin Esoteric Text if all you're doing is killing the bosses.

Something else to note is that umbrella blocks the scream entirely. The hitbox for it also doesn't reach far behind it, so if you're really close it's better to run behind headless.
It's a really easy fight to be honest. The real risk is that it's so slow it can throw you off.

It's not that bad really. You have infinite homeward idol, you can run away from almost anything, you can fill out the last bit of XP to level up and avoid losing it at a boss, you can bank your gold.

Not as long as you want to believe.
Actual health damage is real damage; why should I waste my time with what amounts to regenerating health?

MGL: mayor league gaming. Google it so you understand what I'm trying to say.
And, who says I don't enjoy Sekiro? I like action games. It's just that I'll rather damage my enemies rather than play Dance Dance Revolution against them.
By the way, parry is useful against enemies like Lady Butterfly because they're a better shield guard.

Stop dying.

THIS GAME IS SO DULL GIVE ME DARK SOULS 4 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I JUST WANT ELDEN RING TO BE OUT ALREADY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1378937231588.gif (250x188, 1.14M)

It's MLG you bumbling retard

When I encountered them in ng i somehow killed them on my first try, but on ng+ i got stuck on them for literal days feeling like a retard.
After the break I figured out it was an endurance battle and you just had to wait out opportunities without getting greedy.

You're both right and wrong there, mate. Sekiro IS hard to learn or at least it was for me idk, but since the difficulty level stays very consistent throughout the game once you know how to play it becomes a walk in the park

1. You would hate Dark Souls 4 as much as you hated everything Dark Souls post-Lordvessel.
2. Elden Ring is going to be a literal Bioware / CD Project RPG, not a videogame with actual gameplay. I hope you like reading text boxes about politics and taxes.

that's the joke, though. difficulty is subjective.
shiiiiit i just broke the 4th wall

Or you can just easily farm mibu village/senpou/interior ministry for literal tons of xp and gold.
Unlike dark souls I didn't find a purpose for multiple playthroughs except for giving up kuro's charm and having the intended experience.

>this much implying
i enjoyed DS1/2/3/ and BB
Suckyroo gets old real quick as it was a side project with no DLC plans.

I have no idea; when I was first fighting her and was still shit at the game, I realized dodging right and attacking, repeatedly, stunlocks her into a repeat animation and she rarely if ever can hit you in both phases. She might block, but 70% of the time you land a hit. Once I figured that out, I never bothered learning how to fight her properly since you can just cheese her.

>implying fromsoft is able to make a full-fledged RPG
I don't believe it but I want it to be true.

I don't know, most people find it hard at first

Playing dance dance revolution actually damages them, though. And it's faster.

You won't have the umbrella the first time though if memory serves, the mats for it aren't until later. You'll get the whistle/umbrella for NG+ or the Headless 2 Electric Boogaloo fight.

I got the umbrella before the first ape. It's a different matter whether you will be able to upgrade it to illiac though.

>Actually damages them
Posture damage regenerates. It's a waste of time.

And yeah, they're doing a full-fledged RPG.
I honestly despise games where you have to read text boxes and can finish the entire thing without unsheathing your sword once because you choose the right dialog options, but if you like them more power to you.
Even when you'll regret it.

I actually ran into a problem on my second fresh play through because I died enough to get the Sculptor sick but then finally was fine enough to not really die anymore, and I couldn't fix him until I found another sick person for the sample, so I had to suicide a bunch of times to get someone sick to get the cure from Emma.

Git gud.

I'm certain that regular umbrella works too, as weird as it sounds

Who the fuck are shinchimen? Why is the true ending so stupid? Why would sekiro kill himself?

I... have no idea if this is true or not because I never tried to block the scream with a basic umbrella before. Then again I never tried to parry the giant ape-fists before and was floored when I realized they were parryable.

post more cute kuros
or cute emmas

Resident Evil 2 is easier on normal.
Ace combat 7 is easier on normal.
Devil May Cry 5 is a lot easier on normal.
Katana Zero is easy as fuck.
Samurai Showdown and Mortal Kombat 11 are fighting game with shit single player where the last boss usually read input (you might count them if you want, but I don't think it's fair).
The Contra collection counts.
I didn't play Left Alive.

I can't say for sure because I forget what I had, but at that point I almost never touched the prosthetic upgrades and it still works

Good luck for the comeback fight.

>die once
>revive
>menu
>quit to title
>respawn outside boss

phase 2 ape is easier ya goof.

Dragon is some kind of celestial being magic shit.
Western-Dragon comes and intermingles blood with humans to create immortal humans.
Except it also drains the lifeforce of others around to power this immortality and invincibility.
Monks and mortals go 'I want me some of that shit'.
Monks try to artificially create immortality with parasites, works but is also fucking stupid cause you're a parasite host now.
Nobles try to artificially create immortality with water from the holy mountains that flows from the Dragon's heavenly shrine or something, works but turns them into fishpeople.

Ending 1 is you using Good-Dragon powers to cancel out Western-Dragon powers and then kill the Shota-Lord like he wants because immortality is wrong and bad.
Ending 2 is you using Good-Dragon powers to cancel out Western-Dragon powers, but also using some blessed twigs to sever the bond between you and your master, then an-heroing so your master is mortal but also free to live his life since he's not corrupted by having an immortal thrall.
Ending 3 is all of the above but you also return the stolen dragon-powers from Shota-Lord to the Dragon, making it so his immortality ends and no other immortals can be created. Then you go off on a roadtrip with the Divine Child to kick the Western Dragon's ass.
Or ending 4 is you just saying 'fuck all that shit' and turning into ASURA, GOD OF WAR and ripping and tearing everything for laughs.

>Posture damage regenerates. It's a waste of time.
Once you get the boss down to around 50% hp, which doesn't take long because on pretty much all of them you cen get one-two hits in for every parried blow/sequence of attacks, the posture bar fills very quicky and in effect you are able to finish most fights in 2-3 minutes tops instead of 10-15

It's not worth the time. Dragon tears are laughably cheap

And what are the shriveled frampts with flutes at the beginning of DD bossfight? Is immortality a lie and there is a new divine dragon every once in a while? What about the deranged nobles locked at the end of the fountainhead palace?

How do I beat corrupt monk? I don't have any snap seeds for the record.

Jesus Christ, calm down. He is right though. Think of it more like a rhythm game, but instead of DDR arrows, you're just paying close attention to the enemy's animation. It's more trial-and-error of sorts, yes, but when you know what to look for, you just press block.

Your problem is you're looking at it more like Dark Souls.

That's very true. The game actively discourages you from playing defensively and the bosses will rape you if given enough leeway.

The regular version or the phantom?

Throwing ash in her face helps. Just be relentless and learn what moves not to parry.

Corrupt monk is also vulnerable to divine confetti

Phantom

I cheesed O'Rin and Snake Eyes, so I haven't fought a boss fairly since Gybou. Ergo, I suck at parrying. I've completely wasted my snap seeds, which is annoying because I would have done the stealth kill cheese otherwise.

Is it just me being a blind faggot or do the ghost scenes just kind of disappear from the game after ashina castle?

Check out snap seeds locations and gather them. It's either this or getting good.

stunlock with ash and firecrackers or just do a lot of stomps and mikiris