Indie game

>indie game
>it's actually good

What's her name, Yea Forums?

Attached: crosscode.jpg (1136x640, 571K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/enderal/comments/8j9uw5/mods_packaged_with_enderal/
youtu.be/ZBaxOEr7qbI
store.steampowered.com/app/984560/HEARTBEAT/
store.steampowered.com/app/532170/WaveLand/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how come I always lose the dungeon races to emilie?

Cave Story
Shovel Knight
Rogue Sky
Hollow Knight

Dustforce

Golf Story
Into the Breach

Have you gone banana's yet, user?

Attached: co1mnt.jpg (264x352, 22K)

Golf Story was mediocre at best. I regret buying it.

because you need to step it up

Attached: 1399335638161.png (520x390, 56K)

From the top of my head:

Crosscode
Terraria
Factorio
(Super) Cloudbuilt
Grim Dawn
Rain World
Hollow Knight
La Mulana
Dustforce
Legend of Grimrock
Celeste
Sunless Sea/Skies
Valdys Story
The Binding of Isaac
Bastion
Transistor
Spacechem
Starsector
Outer Wilds
Environmental Station Alpha
Darkest dungeon
Subnautica
Minecraft
Furi
Dead Cells
Obra Dinn
Cryptark
Shovel Knight
Enderal
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Hotline Miami
The Swapper
Kingdom Come
Garry's Mod
A Hat in Time
Risk of Rain
Gunpoint
Darkest Dungeon
Braid
Enter the Gungeon
Huniepop

Attached: indie.jpg (1510x741, 873K)

>La Mulana
>no La Mulana 2

I didn't bother mentioning the sequels

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.04 - 23.39.22.43_1.jpg (1920x1080, 851K)

Redpill me on Hyper Light Drifter guys. I've seen some videos and the game looks gorgeous, also I heard it has no dialogue and story is told through images and enemies have no names so fans made up some, sounds interesting as all fuck,but I don't know if gameplay is good

wargroove

Gameplay is decent but the game is like 5-6 hours long, I never actually finished it for that reason and always refunded it before the 2 hours window, I've seen almost every single boss though so I can tell it's neat but I'll pick it up when the price is right.

She has but one name, and it is RABI-RIBI.

Attached: 13bfeb6ba644b83664cf42d51b0d673bcde69a26_hq.jpg (691x800, 73K)

Gameplay is snappy, visual design isn't particularly new or inventive, but is well put together and consistent. Soundtrack is excellent.

Difficulty is mostly on the "challenging enough you won't first try bosses, but not so hard you will get stuck on anything" level. Frame rates can tank on budget pcs(I played it on a gaming laptop and ran smoothly, but my friend tried it on his budget APU rig and it was deceptively demanding). It's very exploration centric, most secrets are subtly signposted. Just all in all a really solid game that clearly took a lot of inspiration from A Link to the Past.

Fez

Is there a reason that it has the same concept and name as the flash game? Are they related at all?

I keep hearing about the dev being an ass. What did he do exactly?

what are some lesser known ones for the Switch that I can pirate

I will try to list some that have not been named thus far, all of which I would highly recommend even at full price
>Caves of Qud
>BUTCHER
>DEADBOLT
>King Arthur's Gold
>Titan Souls
>Gnomoria (DF for babies with a distinct indie feel)

10/10 atmosphere
Gameplay is simple and rewarding. Many enemies require slightly different tactics, so you are adjusting and learning throughout the entire game. Getting through a tough/long fight with minimal damage is extremely satisfying

do races not have the same outcome everytime like you cannot win with that dude who teleport you outside playground just to fight Lea?

I mean I guess so, DeadToast Entertainment made both, they just needed a steady publisher to execute it.

Attached: 1566434525313.gif (500x384, 986K)

said to everyone to suck his cock, rude

DCSS
Brogue
Tagpro
Space Funeral

Most of the other stuff I really liked has been mentioned.

rimworld
stardew valley
bastard bonds
terraria

It's worth your time.

Violated Heroine

based and gamer pilled

Terraria
Factorio
Rocket League

Salt and Sanctuary was awesome. I just wished weapons were a bit more balanced. They did a really good job at mixing the Souls and metroidvania formulas into one. Now I'll probably never see another game like it in my lifetime.

No, every dungeon has a hidden timer and if you're fast enough, you can beat Emilie.
I got 3/5 on my first run, first dungeon is super easy, you have like 1:30, and the short twin dungeons, it's like an hour each when they take barely 40 minutes the first time.

Attached: DfJldRdX4AE-ho6.jpg (894x1000, 103K)

Silvia. She said she loved me. She didnt

The dungeons make me feel like a brainlet though, it took me a long time to figure out how to do those steam puzzles in the fire place

At least I beat Tronny once but he's beaten me every time since then

>La Mulana
I played EX on the Vita. Exploration is WAY too random. Sure, there are clues hidden throughout the game, but they are extremely cryptic and they are surrounded by equally cryptic text that are meaningless so its next to impossible to tell what is a clue and what is worthless. Then, you just have random things happen in random rooms that may not even be close to where you are. They claimed this was a throwback to older games, but as someone who grew up with games, I can't remember a single game that is half as BS as this game is on its random exploration.

barely any text in La Mulana is meaningless
You wrote down all tablets and the name of each room right?
Because if you didn't you only have yourself to blame, the only bullshit moments in the game are getting the necromonicon and the door behind the waterfall

There's always NG+, I heard it's coming soon.
La Mulana 2 is better in that regard, things make a lot more sense, you're always making progress but it still doesn't feel like you're being spoonfed the solutions. It has some really amazing multi part puzzles.
But you should at least be able to clear the first 4 bosses in LM1 without too much troubles, it only gets retardedly cryptic after that.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.31 - 11.19.50.70_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1020K)

Hotline Miami 1/2

I hope my game ends up on your list user

Attached: 52430beb69bedd9a4c6cd2ce-750.jpg (608x456, 31K)

Stardew valley

OneShot

Attached: 8f6006c86a0298981fada59ec7a5796089b22332_hq.jpg (1024x576, 54K)

What kind of game is it going to be?

cave story

I cannot catch the fucking bunny

The Last Sovereign

NG+ is on the 13th.

>one of the new dialog events will probably be Emile getting sad/upset by OP Lea curbstomping her in the races

Attached: 1403883589433.png (389x255, 7K)

Gamers are toxic/sexist etc

>play crosscode thinking it'll be a good adventure rpg with some puzzles
>it's actually primarily puzzles with a light amount of combat as filler

I liked it but I don't care to ever play it again.

Attached: 1564547671450.jpg (870x790, 277K)

Epic Battle Fantasy 5

Hyper Light Drifter

if you're literally retarded and get stuck on individual puzzles for hours then yeah sure there are more puzzles than combat in that case

I thought there was a nice balance of both.

>Enderal

Is it worth it? How good are quests? Recently have been in a mood for some fantasy fuckery and tried installing Oblivion but since everybody looked like goblinos I couldn't bring myself to play it. On the other hand, I don't want to replay basic Skyrim since I don't remember quests as being particularly fun.

Minecraft

Attached: 1566302981403.jpg (1000x743, 293K)

EYE Divine Cybermancy

I agree with this, the puzzles in every room fucked with the momentum.

The way the story progressed in CrossCode in the Vermillion Wasteland was fucking weird. Quest then dream then walk around then dream then another quest then dream then the big twist revealed. Why all that?

Also is Lea supposed to be an allegory for autistic people?

>the door behind the waterfall
The one to the Tower of the Goddess? I still don't know what triggered that appearing but, holy shit, did I was a lot of time wandering around aimlessly—including up top there.

Attached: images.jpg (237x213, 15K)

Nuclear throne, it's the best of those permadeath top down action games. I still do the dailies at least a couple times a week.
Very based

Warning Forever
Little Fighters 2

Risk of rain
Either of them

Rabi ribi.
Bought it on a suggestion from a friend, nearly avoided it because looked like a shit-eating wannabe hentai game

its actually incredibly tight controls, action platformer/bullet-hell hybrid metroid-y explorathon.
i mean it has an incoherently retarded 'storyline' and god awful art, but holy shit the game is good and the soundtrack is fucking incredible

everyone on the planet needs to play wrongworld.

Attached: wrongworld-01-02-17-1.jpg (1500x827, 169K)

the witcher 3 unironically

Terraria, Cave Story

>"""indie""" game
>it's actually made by a full-scale game dev studio

Attached: 1565888268715.png (164x222, 46K)

The quests are amazing, they're quite often multi parts with multiple endings, some start as a dumb gathering quest but later expand into end-game quest chains etc...
Basically, the quests are much better than in skyrim by far. The level design, it has a ton of dungeons and they don't feel like they're made of the same building blocks, they re-use Skyrim assets in a way that make the result feel like it's a different game, you can tell everything is handcrafted as no two inns are the same and every interior respects the shape of the building.
It's a lot more linear than a TES game, there are fixed levels to enemies and areas, the story moves at breakneck speed and each new main mission brings new amazing setpieces. Soundtrack is 10/10 too (and it has more bard songs than Skyrim)

And don't let yourself be discouraged by the slow start, you first feeling will probably be 'fuck it's skyrim again', just keep playing, it's hard to really get involved and get a feeling for the world building until you reach Ark.

tl;dr it's great, if you can still tolerate the dated TES gameplay

Now if only it was ported to SE...

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.02.24 - 22.54.48.43_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.21M)

2D action game. A demo will be pushed out around September 15th. I've dropped material in the indie dev threads the last couple of weeks.

Attached: 2016-05-12-1463094647-2484649-amerpsycho_208pyxurz1.jpg (1600x990, 114K)

Attached: michaelbay.webm (964x588, 2.86M)

I'm most worried about level scaling. Is there any? Also how mod compatible is it? Nothing crazy, but just simple things such as UI

>demo in the year 20XX
Neat, I'm no gamedev but I'll go check it out.

This is the only game in recent memory I pirated, played a couple hours, then bought at full price. It's a lot of fun.

Gotta market your way somehow when you don't have a marketing budget or department. I don't want to be like those cucks they interview at Kotaku about whybl their game failed and how it's all Steam's fault.

As I said, there's a linear progression through the different regions of the game and enemies have a fixed level with some wiggle room.
Mods work fine but the game already come with a shit-ton of mods already installed (at least the standalone steam version does that), including Sky UI and most of the basic Skyrim fixes.
reddit.com/r/enderal/comments/8j9uw5/mods_packaged_with_enderal/
There's also a nexus page for Enderal so you know those work for sure but most oldrim mods will work as long as they don't conflict with the new features.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.02.25 - 23.38.38.73_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.18M)

This game is fun but I made the mistake of not playing for a week and now I have no earthly idea where I'm supposed to go anymore.

Attached: 1565289304876.png (500x500, 265K)

Environmental Station Alpha.

Attached: EB8NUmXXoAAywjY.jpg (1920x2487, 925K)

>bought like 20 indie games for 100-150 bucks
>play one
>not even 10 min
>Alt+F4
>start queueing LoL

Attached: 1515617388405.jpg (924x727, 78K)

Killing Bahamut makes it appear

I played it alot of CrossCode in EA and I got bored of the gameplay after finishing the 2nd dungeon. It was 1-2 years ago. Does the combat improve by any chance?

how come the high quality voice acting is actually not very high quality at all?

3$ budget

I guess?
I can't tell how it was in EA but the combat only gets better as you unlock more skills and elements to play with.
I thought all the bosses were fucking great and there are like 40 so I never got bored.

>Greatest multiplayer strategy game ever made
>Does so poorly one of the founders ends up going to a different industry and the game is left abandoned with nobody to play online

Just put it on Humble Monthly you fucks

Attached: Frozen Synapse.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

Lobotomy corporation.

Attached: totally relaxed.png (176x206, 31K)

I'll vouch for Valdys Story

Been enjoying levelhead a ton lately.
It's like mario maker for pc. been an influx of new players, so there's some 'check out my epic kaizo :)" levels, but overall the levels are real good, game really allows you to be creative with stuff.

cross code was so fucking good
i can't wait for newgame plus and bonus dungeon

If you do them under 1 hour I think, you can beat her. It takes patiente, since some puzzles aren't easy to solve at first, so you're gonna beat her more easily on your second run.
The only time you can't never beat her is in the tutorial dungeon. You cannot beat your third companion in the last dungeon.

>start queueing LoL
i'm sorry. hope you get better.

The only moment where the puzzles take "too much time" is in the dungeons (and a few caves). The game encourages much more exploration and what you can do with the skills you acquire on the maps to get all the chests or secrets.

play oblivion loser the game is 8000x better than skyrim

or man the fuck up and play morrowind

Attached: 65052395_10214499856556687_971347334057164800_o.jpg (2048x1152, 389K)

looks cute and mildly interesting
game?

Terraria is actually good?

Attached: 1529588652311.png (640x640, 111K)

the stanley parable

Attached: OEUX2hU.gif (256x192, 2.51M)

What's a good indie turn based RPG?

Unquestionably Rimworld. The developer is a fucking twat, but there you go, you can't have everything.
Every time I watch one of those natgeo survival shows like Life Below Zero I'm reminded of my comfy boreal forest plays and having my colonists harvest shit to make it through the winter.

>Huniepop
I heard that ignoring the VN elements, It's actually a very good puzzle game. Is there a route where you fuck off and don't romance any girl?

Darkest Dungeon
UnderRail, I don't like it but some people do.
Can't think of anything else

It's alright as a generic puzzle game but the charm comes from the writing with the girls and the VA

Yo Noid 2: youtu.be/ZBaxOEr7qbI

Freedom Planet

>if it's not made by a big corpo then it's bad
why are americans so obsessed with corporations?

>Crosscode
Post-game DLC W H E N

wavebreak

the best

Attached: supermeatboy02-be69803414b8357829a89a60947da073-600x400.jpg (600x400, 15K)

The friends of kino

Attached: Ringo_009-noscale[1].jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Barkley Shup Up and Jam Gaiden

Based

this

Attached: 75918742_p6.png (1096x830, 323K)

Anyone played this?
store.steampowered.com/app/984560/HEARTBEAT/

I know, I know >furryshit but it's got good reviews.

My clear time going for full 100% completion (excluding boss rush times) is 24 hours exactly. It's a decent game.

Attached: PC Computer - Hylics - Enemies & Bosses.png (1510x1096, 247K)

Hollow Knight
Dead Cells
Celeste
Ori and the Blind Forest
Gunpoint
Minecraft (probably not indie anymore per se)

Finding hidden paths: The game

Anyone play WaveLand?
store.steampowered.com/app/532170/WaveLand/

bump.