What's a good walking simulator?

What's a good walking simulator?

Attached: EdithFinchsVagina.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

Outside

Firewatch is probably the best one, I liked Gone Home which is a bit shorter.

observer
got it free with twitch prime

Attached: c2dad2f3-81c3-4cf2-9605-ca9a8edaf7d6.png (640x640, 965K)

the one you posted

Stanley Parable is fun.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was enjoyable until I got to the end and discovered that all of the events of the game were essentially meaningless. Nice graphics though.

Attached: thevanishingofethancarter.jpg (269x370, 24K)

This one for me. One of the few walking simulators I played that can't really just be turned into a movie or tv show with minimal changes.

Thanks.

Already played these and enjoyed them quite a bit.

The Beginner's Guide.

The PS3 era games from That Game Company.

fpbp

That's not a simulator, that's just actual walking.

>implying reality isn't just another simulation

SOMA

Not necessarily a walking sim since you do have to dodge/sneak around monsters. But goddamn does it come close to it. Despite that, it has a great story and premise. Dumb main character towards the end, but understandably dumb in a You Don't Get It Because You Don't Want To Get It sort of way.

Stanley Parable, Firewatch

>understandably dumb
He has something relatively simple explained to him several times over the course of the game and he still acts enraged and confused when said thing works exactly as it was explained to him and not like how he completely misunderstands it to happen.

What remains of Edith Finch

Computer bitch lied to him, though.

I don't know. What?

In what sense? Everytime the thing happened, it worked exactly like she said it was supposed to.

Day Of Tentacle

The whole coin toss thing was a deliberate lie to get Simon to go through with it all. She could have simply said "Look, you stupid fuck, you will NEVER leave this place.", but she didn't. Instead, she contrived some bullshit analogy implying it to be a matter of chance.

Outer Wilds

Just watch The Prestige for the concept but done better.

Last time I played I remember pretty clearly she told him the coin toss thing was complete horseshit from square 1. That was some dumb shit her coworkers thought would let their brains get uploaded into the AI copies.

You're misremembering. She even doubles down on it all *after* Simon yells at her for not finding himself on the ark at the very end. She says something along the lines of "It was a coin toss and we lost", which is utter nonsense.

>That was some dumb shit her coworkers thought would let their brains get uploaded into the AI copies.
I think you're confusing this with the whole suicide thing, which she says is something her coworkers believed (that you have to kill yourself immediately after the scan in order to preserve your identity), and which she thought was a bunch of crap.