MMO that isn't about raiding and dungeons

I want an MMO where I can just quest, do some profession-related stuff, do various other things.

No raids or dungeons. God I'm so sick of raids and dungeons.

I know that this describes Classic WoW in a sense, but I've played through that too many times already, I physically can't play that content again.Since I played WoW and Runescape for literally multiple tens of thousands of hours, I can't play them any more.

Is there any such MMO?

Attached: Funny Optical Illusions 11.jpg (620x767, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

secondlife.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Animal Crossing?

secondlife.com/

Yah, Archeage. You can grow crops and go on comfy trade runs or just go fishing in the ocean/lakes or tons of other stuff. Apparently they are going to release a B2P/Non-P2W server soon, so maybe keep an eye on it.

Just play modern open world rpgs. They are very close to MMO (and this is a bad thing).

You just described FFXI in its hay day.

City of Heroes lets to solo a huge amount of heavy story-based content.

i'm same boat. you have to realize that you had your fun in this "realistic progression + story" style of game and move on. there is nothing like that. there is nothing more comfy than skilling in runescape or questing and exploring in WoW.

You can always go back, but you can never replace it or find smoething just like it. After years of enjoying those comfy progession style games, i can safely say that i now enjoy competetive based games more now that i'm older. After a long day of work+gf+sex i would 100% rather come home to a couple matches of Dota rather than come home and progress a runescape character or mmo character.

don't fall for the mmo revival. realize that games based off chracter progression are made to get you hooked and are made to steal years from you - which everyone seems to forget how WoW ruined their entire highschool years. Chad had it right, he always did. Sports games and fortnite.

I can't do that, I've already played pretty much any non-crap open world game there is, RPG or not. I know, I know, get a life and whatnot, but it is what it is, I played them all.

Unironically GW2. This is the first time in my life i'm recommending that game due to what you want, but map completion, living world story and stupid amount of maps to complete sounds like a match to me.

>exploring in WoW
I don't understand this meme. I know exactly where everything is and what to expect. Vanilla used to reward you occasionally with a shitty chest, but that was it.

I wanna get hooked man. Irl doesn't matter for me, I'm a 25 loser with all aspects of my life falling apart, I just want good game to hook me for a while.

EVE

what else is there except pvp? raids and dungeons are staple pve content.

Exploration is more like doing all the quests, doing each quest slowly, really reading the text and imagining that you are the character in that world, really doing those things etc...

you don't remember just walking around and getting lost in wow? surely even if you knew where everyhitng is you can still "Explore" the deserts and the hills. you can explore your own backgyard right now just beacuse you hae seen it all the time doesnt mean its boring to explore

Real life

Autistic grind? Like killing 6 million boars and then cook 1 million boar ribs.

Unironically ESO. At no point are you ever required to group up to progress, you can literally go anywhere due to scaling, and you are not the only person to do so if you just play it like 'Skyrim with people.'
Plus if you like elder scrolls, the questing is good.

Guild Wars 1.
Dungeons actually came out in the final expansion pack, and they're just special zones. The main game(s) have no dungeons, instead focusing on missions and quests.

Well now is kind of your last chance to get it all together if you want a decent life.

sadly this.

100% Eve online. It's great until you realise you can start using the skills learned from it in real life to become super successful and it fucks with your head.

Mabinogi. Too bad you are 10 years too late. Nothing but whales remain.

Attached: Mabinogi.jpg (411x306, 50K)

Attached: rslogo3.gif (751x104, 29K)

FFXIV is good about keeping professions + other side contents regularly updated and having an entire system built around them. I originally swapped to it because most of the MMOs I tried had a trend of either abandoning side contents outright or neutering them to the point where they got bare minimum updates needed to be relevant to the end-game stuff.

Having said that, after a certain point, you will need to run some dungeons to progress the main story to access the crafting/gathering updates behind each expansion.

FFXIV has probably the most fleshed out side activities, but you do have to do all the story dungeons at least once before you can fully live your dream crafter / gatherer / house-keeper / treasure hunter / chocobo racer / card collector / mahjong player / ERPer life

Wurm

user, don't listen to these 2 shills. FF absolutely requires you to do shitty ass dungeons and group content, and a fuckton of them. You're forced into it btw; you literally cannot progress the story until you group up and tackle forced group content. Not what you're looking for.

Mabinogi

Attached: 1565320361840.png (1358x701, 2.08M)

Black Desert?

If you don't mind the ~100$ paywall to make the game bearable, bdo is pretty much modern runescape. No instances/dungeons, the only point in the game is to make money to be able to make more money through whichever way (crafting / trading / grinding) you find the most interesting.

Shroud of the Avatar. Very sandboxy, especially with player housing, only one world, so a really social community, and it doesn't even have raids yet. It does have dungeons... but player created, and they're working toward adding more things that you can do with that. Also, they want the best gear to be player crafted, so no stupid raid tier gear, where you do one set of raids to get the gear to do the next set of raids.

don't lie to him like it doesn't force you into a dungeon every 4 or 5 missions

Great optical illusion for the divient mind

I would play that game if it had PvE servers. Not interested in getting ganked when I'm trying to chill.

This is the reason why I quit it. I couldn't progress anywhere as my real life skills are utter shit.

But it doesn't, you can literally work on life skills and never touch combat. If you want to do the quests, then what fucking mmo doesn't have dungeons and instances as quests that aren't shitty grind quests?

Attached: 1551182018456.jpg (1018x911, 90K)

Is Albion Online similar to what you're looking for?

Not so much profession stuff. But TOR has the best single-player story content of any MMO out there. In fact all the MMO stuff is the worst part of it.
Go make yourself an Agent man. Either a Chiss Operative who sluts her way across the galaxy or a Human Sniper who simply kills all the targets he comes across.
If you like it, move on to the others. I'd say Inquisitor is great 2nd, if you go with the insane version. Trooper, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler are all Decent. Consular sucks though. And JK is the 'canon' kotor 3 story.
It costs 15 bucks to sub for a month, and give you all the expansions to keep after your sub lapses. Also, if you sub you can skip every side quest in the game, only doing your custom class quests and still be at the right level. Without a sub you'll have to do some of those "Bring Package to X" and "Bring me 10 wookie tails" bullshit side quests.

I used to love revisiting places from wc3 but the magic is gone now I suppose

I almost bought this the other day. Is 20 dollars for the base game a good deal? How many expansions am I going to buy or can I just take my time with each one like a new book every month or so

you literally answered yourself with runescape fucko

expansions are completely optional you can play to level cap on base game and do all end game stuff without ever buying Xpacs, the xpacs obviously add the new quests/zones and classes.

Where are you getting the gold to spend exclusively on store-limited or monster-drop items as a new player, without doing any dungeons?

Yeah, 20 bucks for the base game is enough to decide whether you like it. Zones stay populated so you really won't suffer it being a "dead" area.
The expansions/dlcs are quite a bit more polished and have interesting questlines, but if you sub for a month, 15 bucks, you can try out all the small dlcs as long as your sub is running to see if it's worth it further.

>B2P/Non-P2W server
OH YES! THIS TIME FOR SURE! anyone who still believe their lies deserves to get shot.

>then what fucking mmo doesn't have dungeons and instances as quests that aren't shitty grind quests?
There are several posted in this thread, youmonger, like gw or eso.

Or here's a better idea, play something new and stop clinging to old shit you've already played thousands of hours. I'm pretty sure the mmo genre would improve if people would stop playing WoW and FF and calming they play mmos(with an "s") when its just 1 or 2 games out of the entire genre.

Attached: 1559698729802.gif (355x266, 130K)

but user
if they play more than one mmo, then saying 'mmos' is literally correct