Attached: gbp-1.jpg (327x320, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=inXT-CPWoHk
youtube.com/watch?v=NrAyI3_5Z-g
youtube.com/watch?v=wpTDrx6NqdI
youtube.com/watch?v=nAnR500_ORU
gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Boy_Interface
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You know it's kinda funny how expensive the actual thing is, yet that disk is infamously the least taken care of in the near entirety of the gamecube's library.
Kind of a bummer there was never a bump to the Gamecube's Bios to just have that be a part of it.

at least there's fanmade replacements that work better than it does

I lost the player and disc to the "friend borrows thing and moves away" meme

Attached: 1519549302614.jpg (480x480, 19K)

>"rare"
I'm finding the disc online for $80~
not rare, brag about a game that can buy you a current gen console

got mine from way back so i could play pokemon on my tv. easy shit, faggot.

the joke is that you can get the player hardware for cheap as fuck because everyone had it stuck to the bottom of their cube, but no one kept track of the actual disc

That's not Disney Sports Basketball or NCAA college basketball 2k3.

whats the rarest PS3 title?

playing Fusion on this is the first all nighter I ever had
good times

Little big planet 2 without the bonus content US version

It's not, but it is shit like almost all gamecube discs and will rot itself to death within 10-15 years because the reason nintendo stuck to cartridges wasn't speed but because they couldn't figure out how to make disks.

NBA Elite

Attached: oh hey hope you don't want to play these pieces of shit.jpg (640x853, 146K)

I have a complete gamecube library and not a single game is peeling like that, what the fuck did the person who took that picture (not you, you fucking shitposter) actually do to it?

Humidity

>I have a complete gamecube library and not a single game is peeling like that
better check them, they're all prone to it (some more than others, twin snakes is the most prone.) Also verify integrity of data.

how would that even work? god zoomers are so fucking dumb and believe the most supid shit

a game

Attached: cryingmario.png (420x420, 426K)

I remember you from another thread. Is this all you post about?

I used to be worried about this.

Then I got one of those things that replaces the Gamecube's disc drive with an SD card reader, and now I'm set for life

Good idea, I personally use the Wii loading games over HDD. It's very fast.

Why would I waste my time talking about just gamecube when it's one of the worst platforms around? I spend my time talking about much better systems with much better libraries.

I got a GB Player in good condition. How much jew gold could I make?

When I first saw this image years ago my TS copy was safe and earlier this month while I was checking out my storage I noticed it started to crack, not as bad as that image but it's safe to say the game is going to die in a few years

Probably $100 tops

The fate of all gamecube games. Some were just made worse than others.

Just the player? $10, disc included? $50.

I'm a retard, how do I get the gameboy player working without this disc because fuck if I'm paying more for it than it'd cost to just buy an old GBA.

The disc runs like 50-90 depending on where you look
The player is $10-20

throw away your sheckles, goy

my gamecube doesn't work anymore

Attached: 69983085_p0.jpg (3541x5016, 1.83M)

maybe if they released it in a normal gamecube box with art it wouldn't be so rare but they put it in that dumb tiny clear plastic box that got lost immediately

I remember my brother and I having this at one point and barely using it.

Why is the disc still so expensive when homebrew solutions exist nowadays?

Man, playing GBA games on TV with my sister was comfy as fuck

It's currently for me the only way to play GBA games, as both my GBA and DS are broken.

Yeah, they're very fragile systems. Basically as fragile as the dreamcast the only difference is dreamcasts died faster because people actually wanted to use them.

because people want the official software

Where can I get this shit and games for it?

Reminded me of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=inXT-CPWoHk

Collectors. It's like how the demo of PSO Episode 3 is more expensive than the full game.

Look into a backlit original GBA.

I beat the Castlemanias on it, but yeah the fact that you could already emulate GBA games and everything before at that point made it kinda marginalized

You've missed the boat, friend.
They're called WASP Fusion, and the guy who makes them went out of business years ago.

It's not really that big a deal, you're much better off getting and hacking a Wii or WiiU anyway

Attached: 1561077600858.png (414x424, 215K)

Based

I was incredibly upset when back in the day I wanted a game boy player but found out in the store it costed way more than a normal game did, that markup was insane

Isn't Gotcha Force more rare because it only got one print run in the west and it was very small

Bullshit
I have tons of gc games, all in humidity controlled environments. Nothing is this bad, faggot. You fucked up.

it was the same price as a normal game, are you high? it retailed for $50

>Thinks its the rarest gamecube title
>Doesn't own Pokemon Box

whatever it was it was too much at the time, I thought it would be 20 or 30 at most

Didn't belive you at first because that sounds ridiculous, but I checked and sure enough: my NA copy is doing the same thing.

PAL copy is fine tho. It's the only NA game I own and none of my PAL games does this. Seems like the US got shafted yet again

Attached: IMG_20190825_164420.jpg (3648x2736, 2.64M)

Rarest game is NCAA College Basketball 2k3, had a print run of less than 20,000 copies, which was the minimum Nintendo would allow. It didn't even sell through 1/4th of that and most of them got destroyed Magical Chase style.

Of course, nobody cares because it's a shitty sports game that's also stupid cheap on the PS2.

Pokebox is a fucking novelty at best
Its useless now with 1-7gen being able to do it easier and 8th gen doesn't even use 1-7th gen pokes anymore =)

PAL here, can confirm, just checked my disks and they're all fine. How the fuck did that even happen.

I miss the days when you could get used GameCube games for dirt cheap at GameStop. Now collectors fucked everything up. Niggas want $100 for Phantasy Star Online Plus edition

Actually crazy that I just found mine recently when I was cleaning, didnt realize that there were so expensive. I still have the hardware somewhere too.

Cheaper disc manufacturing process they use for NTSC games

Because no one wanted them and then in like 2011, gamestop sold them all at 75% off. I grabbed every rare and good game for the system from 2 NJ stores

Considering it's only Twin Snakes then it's probably because Konami cheaped the fuck out on the disc printing.

>physical is better they said

So why is it literally only Twin Snakes?

I have 2 demo discs of the Gamecube era.

Kojima wants to erase it

>relies on mechanical failure points
>4x disc read speed

discs are cringe bro

It's not like Shiggy didn't warn you though.

Attached: 1529968080718.webm (320x240, 856K)

Attached: 1494169029660.png (639x1079, 954K)

Trying to save a buck from making a 2discs game. Like how Skies of Arcadia was originally on 2 discs but Sega compressed the audio and shipped it on 1 disc to save money.

NBA Elite 2011

Attached: BIL-NBAELITE11-10K.jpg (937x586, 111K)

>until the discs are worn down

Attached: 1494176086557.png (292x291, 98K)

to be fair it seems like it's only affecting the face cover. The game data is fine, you can still play it.

You don't know how CDs store data, do you?

Attached: 1562459716318.gif (220x258, 195K)

You can buy a modchip for $3 online. Then you get a mini-dvdr

Why is this game so rare? What's the story behind it

>uncle offloaded his old gamecube to me for christmas over 5 years ago
>it had the game boy player but not the disc
Still mad about it

I'm convinced a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 with the actual cover and not the GameStop used games cover is a myth passed down family generations.

It got cancelled but a few copies leaked out.

I got a MGS4 copy with the actual cover but it's ruined by a large GameStop sticker that will damage the case if removed

Huh... I got it at $10

Who the hell thought a giant fuckoff sticker with the most stubborn adhesive ever on the case was a good idea anyway?

that's the error correction at work, most gamecube disks show 80-90% data integrity compared to redump, this is usually playable but nintendo fucked up.

Physical is still king however, if you buy into digital you're effectively selling yourself into slavery.

use a heat gun or hot breath, then goo gone to remove any residue.

almost released, then cancelled but copies exist.

It was cancelled and only a few are in circulation

There's no reason to feel any guilt about pirating games that are no longer in production. It's only resellers who are losing money at that point, and fuck them.

underrated

College sports fans are very dedicated autistic. Also what everyone else said about leaked copies and cancellation

Attached: 20190825_081044.jpg (1440x2182, 704K)

use steam or look for methods of removing the sticker without damaging the packaging

Fucking kino. Kojima the madman and his meta narrative strikes again.

On another note all my discs are fine. Get fucked NTSC.

>they used a poor quality label that is flaking away. that totaly means the data itself is rotting away

ok buddy

run game boy interface with an exploit game, action replay, or modchip

To be fair the only people trying to get 2k3 on Gamecube are people who want a complete library.

I think it's moreso a collector's piece than anything else. Still retarded to buy it at a high price, though. I hope people open their eyes and stop buying into the shitty prices scalpers set on games.

the small case it comes in is what all japanese games come in. the japanese version of the player disc is differentiated by coming in a purple case.

tfw i bought a modem to play the 1&2 demo then couldn't buy the demo

Post library, faggot.

Attached: expensive.jpg (3264x2448, 2.09M)

because who gives a fuck about ameritard especially japan who you guys nuked so they JUST your games

Based
Still have the precautions booklet and that little register online slip too

Attached: IMG_20190825_1120463.jpg (4056x2704, 2.46M)

>College sports fans are very dedicated autistic.
College basketball is unironically more fun to watch than NBA though
t.

Attached: 1555774351317.jpg (959x771, 1.02M)

glad I got NTSC-J vanilla PSO1&2 for

GBP disc is obsolete. You can run gameboy interface off a memory card and its objectively better. 240p instead of blurry flickery 480i, fixes the latency, fixes the stuttering, etc. And you dont need the disc.

> 2011+8
> using gameboy player instead of gameboy interface

Attached: 1547203797770.jpg (1000x1000, 455K)

Explain the image to a zoomer

costanza

>Implying zoomers listen to anything unless it's explained to them in the form of twitch donations

I seriously hope you guys dont do this

How new can one man be?

My copy of TTS has this problem too, albeit to a much lesser extent. And I bought it new back in the day so I know its not because of a previous owner treating the disc like shit.

Apparently its a known issue. Konami cheaped put on the paint for TTS discs or something. AFAIK its only cosmetic though

>he doesnt have the complete edition
Ya dun goofed

Attached: 20190825_103513.jpg (3264x2448, 1.62M)

I didnt even know there was a complete edition until this very thread
What the fuck were they thinking?

Based PSO bros

Attached: IMG_20190825_173217.jpg (4032x3024, 3.09M)

>pso3 is only $20 while the 1&2 disc runs for thrice that

Attached: 1491977033939s.jpg (547x531, 81K)

Yeeehhh booyyyyy
>What the fuck were they thinking?
They were thinking local co op players would like all the online content and patches on disc. Based SEGA.

Attached: 20190825_104428.jpg (3264x2448, 2.87M)

Gamestop management aren't exactly smart people.

Does 3 have the same exploit?

What?

no, just 1&2 pre-plus (i think the non-plus revision still has it)

PSO1&2 had an exploit to run unsigned code and pirated software.

Ayy lmao

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

>kamiya signed copy of VJ
fuck you nigger

I've had mine for years. Weirdly enough I just started a new playthrough last night. Are they that rare?

Attached: IMG_20190825_115915~2.jpg (3024x4032, 3.48M)

Do GBA flashcarts work on the GBA Player if you've got the GBA player disc?
I wanna play Superstar Saga or Advance Wars on it now.

>he doesnt have a copy of 4 Swords signed by Bough
No lol

Attached: 20190825_110307.jpg (3264x2448, 2.84M)

Yes, they work just fine. But you should really get Gameboy Interface set up since it's way better than the stock software.

Very nice
Is that MGS set hard to come by? I remember seeing it at Half Price Books and almost bought it.

>tfw still have my MGS Legacy Collection with the artbook

>the actual software on the disc is turboshit and any enthusiast just uses GBI instead

I dont think so. I found mine in walmart clearance for 25 bucks years ago when ps3 was getting in stride.

Attached: 1551085638309.jpg (704x400, 37K)

Has anyone tried playing the GBA movie version of Shrek 2 on this thing?

None of the GBA videos work on the Gameboy Player.

you can play it in GBI with GBP's "enhancements" disabled and it looks as horrid as you'd imagine

Holy shit
youtube.com/watch?v=NrAyI3_5Z-g

Attached: image.jpg (3000x1996, 771K)

>use GB-I through an SD loader
>get superior GBA support without paying meme prices for a boot disc

Attached: 1446869620706.jpg (850x562, 110K)

Oh word? How much can I gouge faggots in exchange for not being able to play Mother 3 on TV anymore? Not that I would but just curious.

Attached: 20190825_122855.jpg (4032x1960, 1.91M)

this thread taught me that i could make a quick 100, so thanks anons

see
Just sell the disc and get ~$60 for it

$100 for the disc and the bottom if you go by how much theyre selling for on ebay

That's not enough for the bother. Thanks for the info though I'll keep it memorized.

Attached: 1555667911003.gif (1372x1024, 800K)

You don't need the disc any more because of game boy interface.

Which of these is actually worth playing on it?
What are the best GBA games to get?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.62M)

Hamtaro
Advance wars

But I recommend you try the medabots rpg (metabee is easier than rokusho) and both of the summon knight games

Superstar Saga is one of the only games to actually take use of the Gamecube hardware via the rumble, assuming you don't use a wavebird or a SNES style controller (you should).

i'd like to eventually import the nip versions of sonic battle and advance 3 since they have japanese voices and english text

ay i got that

shit was pretty cash, basically had a supersize gba attached below. Kind of ridiculous the effort they went through to get gba on a screen

Fun fact: The Game Boy Player and Super Game Boy were only designed to allow for game magazines to capture footage of Game Boy/Color/Advanced games, but then Nintendo realized they could refine the designs and sell them to the public.

there's also a GBA player for the N64 that predates the Gamecube version.

Attached: 1552064121958.jpg (700x537, 53K)

Weird shit like this and online gameplay for SNES games always blows my mind

nice

The original Wide Boy for the Famicom is a fucking trip and a half too.

Attached: 1552164052137.jpg (700x631, 101K)

what a shitload of fuck this thing is.

Based KYbro

To be fair that's without the cover on it.

Attached: 1540145745209.jpg (500x328, 19K)

>buy Go! Go! Hypergrind CIB at a pawn shop for $1
>turns out the Atlus tax makes it over $50
Can't wait for some video game youtuber to review or play it to inflate the price even more.

Damn, I never knew about that GBA player for the N64. Was it Japan only, or not even released officially?

what's with nip devs making games with spumco

No, press got it. Did either of you read the post?

First poster here, my bad, I didn't connect the dots.

Attached: 1546686929911.png (251x231, 40K)

>tfw bought two of these as a retarded kid thinking it would let me play two different gameboy advance games at the same time
pic related, its me

Attached: brainlet4.png (403x448, 53K)

Attached: 20171207_115338.png (297x300, 70K)

Not so fast user.

Attached: 220px-Gotcha_Force_Coverart.png (220x315, 140K)

That's how it started, at least. Nowadays I'm fairly convinced that scalper jews purposefully break up the set and sell GB players and the boot discs separately just because they can nickel and dime more shekels out of people that way.

>tfw my friend loved this game and one of his friends let him borrow it while in college
>then we weren't roommates anymore and he took the game away
>tfw his gf went out of her way to buy this game online

literally the perfect woman

Attached: 1532772656007.jpg (300x212, 12K)

It's a joke. The game was popular with a certain subset of the population and changed hands many times often without the original owners knowledge. If you catch my drift.

It's not unusual with most popular titles. You'll run into the same thing with the yearly CoD releases.

Attached: IMG_20190825.jpg (2727x3350, 1.78M)

>implying you're old enough to even get the reference

Really?

To be fair, the NCAA sports games are generally better than the NFL/NBA etc. games. I am glad that there are people still making updated rosters for NCAA Football 2K14.

youtube.com/watch?v=wpTDrx6NqdI
youtube.com/watch?v=nAnR500_ORU

It actually looked like they worked on the college games, but went on cruise control for the Pro Leagues the moment the 7th Gen started.

NBA Elite 11

Pretty sure the NTSC version of Pokemon Box is the rarest GCN game, though NCAA 2k3 might be rarer.

Also, the default Game Boy Player disc is fucking terrible, you should be running your GB games on the GameCube with an Action Replay and Game Boy Interface, much higher quality with tons of screen options.

Attached: Pokemon-Box-Ruby-Sapphire-NTSC-US-WITH.jpg (300x400, 35K)

Would a Gameboy Advance Everdrive work on the Gamecube's Gameboy Player?

In this order
Hamtaro nice varied gameplay fun cute
Advance wars wonderful lite SRPG also cute
Mario Kart Kart bite sized races
Sonic Battle weird brawler combat

Last two can be good for 10-15 minute sessions. First two are good for longer play.

if it plays on a gba, it'll play on a player

Yes, apparently they recalled the original and everyone got the bonus edition for free in burgerland because of a deal with disney

I do not what the fuck are you talking about. Sorry bro I'm too autistic to get the joke right now.

One worth playing

IT LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE

Gamecube Library screenshots time?

Attached: IMG_1568.jpg (4032x3024, 2.47M)

based oldfag

*opens thread*
*sees based comment*
based and nicepilled
*leaves thread*

>have ZERO professional sports team
>not even a fucking mls team
Have to brag about their college team, when most people from kentucky never even went to college

Why must gamecube component cables be so goddamn expensive

Attached: 1406319246838.png (630x842, 572K)

>tfw sold my gamecube component cables years ago

Attached: LGR.jpg (1200x675, 116K)

Remember when UK fans send that referee death threats and tried to ruin his business? Good times

>Lou-a-vul

I cannot describe how awful it is living outside of kentucky and having to tell people to say it right, I even know certain people are fucking with me and saying it wrong on purpose but the kentucky in me can't let it go

SAY IT RIGHT

My old roommate had a copy of that Fire Emblem game, shit was pretty fun.
Why does TTYD go for so much these days?

They were only available for a very short time through the Nintendo website in Japan, at a time when people were only just starting to switch to HD TVs. And since the picture quality goes from 480i(which looks like trash) to 480p(which doesn't), they're highly sought after. There's clone cables you can pick up for far cheaper.

Harder to find?

kek

GCN has a lot of unique games not playable anywhere else, and TTYD is one of them. Ontop of being an RPG on a system not known for it's RPGs, there's a higher demand than supply. That said, 50 bucks for a complete copy of a 15 year old RPG that never got rereleased is not bad.

Is it weird that my copy of Melee plays better on my Gamecube than my Wii?
For some reason it crashes on the latter for me.

Get an HDMI adapter for it, it's actually better than the original Component cables and some of the newer models allow you to use Wii Component cables if you still want to output to a CRT still.

I know but GC HD is still 150 bucks wheras you can get some decent S video cables for 10 or less. And my video quality autism isn't going away.

The Carby V2 is only $75 but it's HDMI only.

>nobody acknowledging KoH Chain of Memories
great game desu

I'm not saying the price is justified; it's an official Nintendo product, and that carries a lot of weight to collectors. It's stupid, but it is what it is.

>College basketball is unironically more fun to watch than NBA though
Only if you live in a place where the teams are good. I live in the PAC-12 conference

Racer Revenge bro

Really?

I don't feel like pulling my gamecube games out so heres a pic of my collection

Attached: 20190615_201820.jpg (1800x1388, 1.74M)

Too slow, kid.

Attached: 220px-Cubivorebox.jpg (220x311, 29K)

It's a console only popular with scalpers, not for its library.

I have the game boy player disk, but just the disk. is it worth selling on ebay or something?

No. Rarest Gamecube game is this.

Attached: b5d35b51aa65b3cdcd72a837adefb5a5.jpg (750x1000, 115K)

OMG I thought I was the only one

Read the thread

Yes.

chain of memories is insanely fun, legacy of goku is cool, almost all gameboy yugioh games are great, and I remember having fun with series of unfortunate events

i literally have this sitting on my shelf next to me

Talledega Nights

>could've gotten this back in 07 when I was picking Gamecube games up from Gamestop
>was only $15 at the time
>get both games individually because my autism doesn't know whether to place it with the other LoZ games or before Metroid Prime 2
>now this combo is one of the rarest gamecube games out there
God fucking damn it.

Attached: 1548747654404.jpg (680x510, 54K)

Nice

but the PS3 has more games than the 360 and outsold it as well

2Bhonesto FAMitsu weak entry when there are better card battler games. only worth mention if you A want a card battler for GBA or B want Kingdom Hearts.

for example Ygddra Union while funky is way better than KH chain.

That's how I feel about Metal Wolf Chaos. I saw it at a resale shop mixed in with other cheap Xbox games. But I passed on it thinking how stupid and outrageous the cover looked. I'm a fucking idiot.

I remember a kids' magazine back in 2002 or something covering unofficial Chinese hardware mods that, if soldered on correctly, would allow you to connect the GBA to a TV. So there definitely was a market for that shit especially after Super Game Boy created the expectation that you could do it.

If someone doesn't return something before moving away, they are a thief. Plain and simple. They weren't your friend.

I think that's mainly because the stock disk for the GBP isn't that good compared to the homebrew software you can use

I believe someone finally started selling reproduction ones which are a bit more reasonably priced. Could be wrong that they got released but someone was working on it. Problem with that cable is it used a proprietary DAC that was built into the cable that needed to be reverse engineered.

>all this samefagging

It's a stupid joke that doesn't even have a proper setup or punchline.

Retard.

Can't you just use an SD Gecko to boot up an ISO of the GBP disc?

Is what you are if you think the tripe OP made was even remotely close to qualifying as an actual joke.

the setup is the op, and the punchline is the couple hundred posts of discussion it spawned

No need
gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Boy_Interface

That's not how it works!

>cryingmario.png

Attached: green_lex_luthor.jpg (321x306, 17K)

every post you make is only making op's joke even funnier

Attached: file.png (391x552, 353K)

SHUT UP

Imagine someone being this much of a brainlet. I loved mine. Used as much as I used my gba

Attached: 1565449015708.jpg (764x713, 309K)

Cant you just use a hardmoded GC and a copy of the disc?

>Cartridges don't have this problem
Yes they do, they are called whiskers.
And new ones have worse problems thanks to EU forcing lead free solder.

Attached: SilverSulfideWhiskers1.jpg (1099x752, 360K)

R8 my collection

Attached: 20190825_151517.jpg (2576x1932, 1.99M)

Bretty gud

gay/fag
>jelly of the fit on that stack tho 2bh
no homo

Aquanaut's Holiday English language ver.

Theyre actually vertical, just rotated so the titles are easier to read

Just use leaded solders in repair. You do know how to repair your old games and systems, right?

Attached: aaff3f9514f23cc2e202be92e57b1498ed20fb5eca3c327cbcbdc2d197cd28f0.png (1000x1000, 115K)

My shitty chink 936 clone solder station and the number of spent Amtech flux tubes i have next to me say that i do.
What i have fixed says i don't.

Then practice and observe good practice

Attached: d4c5c6b7e70d093c03c15f91371e4718ffb588e8acab0c440dfefb0ae220581f.png (500x567, 170K)

just use a wii

Looks like the mitsudomoe artist.

I have a gameboy player though

Use a Wii with a emulator and composite cables.

Attached: image0 - 2019-08-25T131937.608.jpg (1730x828, 318K)

yeah my three copies of panzer dragoon saga disagree with you. just sold my fourth copy for $600. i bought it for 100 back in the day. all my saturn games are worth good money. sucks to be poor fag like you. and ive nevet experience disc rot even once in my life and i have games burnt on cheap cdrs from the mid 90s and plenty of cds from the 80s that are fine

I have one of those discs on my shelf

I've got one of these and I am considering selling it because I need money

Attached: neptunia-rebirth-ce.jpg (1500x1058, 297K)

That and the player is region free but the disc isn’t, so there really are more usable players than the discs to run them

I have one without extra content but it's EU

is that ikea or where did you get that cabinet?

IS that a case for the 1000 or 2000?

What do you need money for user? (and/or) Why don't you have an active or passive income?

ps3 has no games

Trick question, PS3 has no games

Nintendo is the Supreme of video games. Tacky cheap shit with hype marketing

Kinda like your mom, if I may be so bold.

What does that have to do with the OP

Bills and stuff. Had a ton of extra expenses lately and my current job isn't cutting it. Redpill me on passive income, I saw someone talking about how easy it is to make cash with Redbubble on /biz/ the other day but he didn't really elaborate.

You steal art/designs and then put them on shirts. It's literally illegal but most people aren't scouring redbubble for their shit yet so you can usually sneak by with no trouble.

>It's literally illegal
>You steal
Oh, this sounds like a bad idea.

>good ideas
>/biz/
pick one and only one

Nah, this is something that's been going on since before GBI was made. And if GBI was truly devaluing the boot disc, prices would reflect that. In fact, it would trigger the opposite reaction and sellers would start bundling the unit+disc if they weren't able to move discs independently.

I'm telling you, they purposefully split up the SDK and sell the unit and disc separately because it means more money overall.

Don't even need to do that. There are a number of games that can be used to boot custom code without needing an SD media launcher or AR boot disc or anything. I used wii homebrew to put a hacked SSB Melee save file on my memory card, and then when I boot Melee and go to the name entry, it automatically boots gameboy interface for me. Super convenient

Attached: ECYvcfVX4AANJqY.png (680x510, 299K)

how much can i get for
gameboy player + disk
loz collectors
pokemon coliseum + bonus disk

where the fuck are all of these mini Edelgard things coming from

Why would you want to play a GBA game on your TV anyways, the pixels would be as big as hams

from a few minutes of reading sold ebay listings
>gameboy player + disk
~$80
>loz collectors
$30-40
>pokemon coliseum + bonus disk
if both the game and bonus disc are complete in box you can get $40 for pokemon colosseum and $60 for the bonus disc, if the game is complete but the bonus disc is loose you can get $60-70 combined

I remember watching Video and Arcade Top 10 and they used the N64 GBA player frequently. I wanted one so bad when I was a dumb little kid that didn't know they weren't sold commercially

my only regret is not owning Mario Party 4 & 6
(I've got the gameboy player disc it's just not here)

Attached: 20190825_173135.jpg (2016x1512, 1.15M)

it's mostly people that are into retro gaymen and don't mind the look of SNES games, that play on a CRT or using a framemeister with a modern TV

it looks great on a crt.

Why is it rare

most people lost their boot disc in part because of its unusual case. no one lost their game boy player because it screws onto your gamecube and there's little reason to remove it. so many people later sell their game boy player without the boot disc, which made the disc itself a rarity.

Pics or it didn’t happen

Gonna play Super Circuit now on mine

This, CRT is the only way to play pre-7th gen systems.

Attached: 1538210542970.png (611x854, 179K)

this

why overpay for a shitty software when GBI gives you far better performance and picture quality for free?

I heard this game was pretty rare

Attached: 20190825_153311_HDR-01.jpg (769x1366, 452K)

MFW I have both disc and player.

Attached: 1534214666537.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Any suggestions on HDMI adapters to use?
I was thinking of getting one for my dreamcast VGA cables as well.

if you're really settling for hdmi, use insurrection's adapter. for dreamcast get a toro

>collection
>riddled with multiplats

Attached: 1566613868689.jpg (1024x987, 48K)

Yeah its an ikea billy, the narrower kind, its about 15" across

EON MK2 if you want component cables as an option, Carby V2 if you only care about it having HDMI out.

There's nothing wrong with multiplats.

Shit I would fucking give you 4 if I remember where the hell it was. Is there anything noteworthy about it?

I don't understand the story

Unreleased and they ran you about $1000 you had to be a dev or journo to order one.

That's rare now? Shit, I need to find mines and sell it.

I wish we had more nice, interesting threads like this.

Don't worry. It's not as good as GBI

If there's one thing I've always appreciated about this board it's our unconditional love for those handheld Hamtaro games, genuinely the comfiest games ever made.

Attached: hamtaro hide krmp krmp.png (520x390, 42K)

Why can't we go back to the good old days of PS3 HAS NO GAEMS?

Go back? We never left them

Attached: demonssouls_mainart_2.jpg (2700x3300, 1.18M)

late reply but pso episode 3 doesn't have the exploit and the plus version patched it out.

From what I remember, one reason for PSO 1&2 Plus was that it patched an exploit from the first release which people were using in conjunction with the Network Adapter to run isos.

>almost released, then cancelled but copies exist.
Why the fuck would you cancel a game that a fully functional version exists of?

It was incredibly broken and unplayable.

Because it was Tony Hawk 5 tier trash and they didn't have a license expiring to cash in on.

So it's an EA game?

I think user's joke is that a person would be at their friend's house, steal the game disc out of the case and leave the case behind, and sell just the disc to Gamestop. Gamestop would then have a bunch of discs without the original case, and have to sell the game in a generic case.
>popular with a certain subset of the population
I surmise this was intended to be a demographic insult.

Wow

Kys bing bing bigot, Sony rules the videogame market now.

Fire Emblem PoR
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Baten Kaitos Origins
Gotcha Force
Chibi Robo!

and the list goes on and on...

You really are since the port is shit audiowise and visually compared to xbox

I'm selling my complete game boy player on eBay. I have my psp go I can just hook it up with the TV and play with a ps3 controller. Fuck being unemploymed and having to sell your crap

im a ps3 and wat is this

>

Attached: 1555448667108.jpg (601x508, 31K)

>thanks Costanza for the donation
>thanks Shiggy for the donation
>and thank you Diggy for the donation
Explained.

Attached: 1566614671287.jpg (600x800, 70K)

>asking Yea Forums for financial advice

Attached: Capture27.png (174x166, 37K)

jesus christ what are you doing on this website if you can't even recognize shiggy diggy

Attached: 1538336354511.png (500x500, 16K)

>Tfw I have two at home. One scratched up as fuck and the other near mint condition
What should I do? Is this my chance to sell and finally buy the Earthbound Box I've always wanted?!
What Wii/U games are good candidate to becoming rare? I'm thinking of getting in the market of collecting again

Attached: 1529668272424.jpg (512x512, 36K)

Probably the weird ports nobody bought and games that are too Gamepad-intensive to be ported to Switch like Nintendo Land and Game and Wario. Maybe TW101 too, it's already kinda cult-status and that'll probably only grow.

In terms of Wii games, the rarest one iirc is Dokapon Kingdom, and both of the Operation Rainfall games (Pandora's Tower and The Last Story) seem to be going up in price. Last I checked Kirby's Return to Dream Land was also stupidly expensive for some reason.

It's just the label, retards. Unfortunate, but it doesn't effect the data.

Do you? Do you honestly think they would design a label with a layout like this if that's where the data was kept?

Attached: dd1eafeb8c64e0a34162d960f7a05d70.jpg (1000x901, 191K)

I always hear people say they own A Wonderful Life, Magical Melody, or abomination of a PS2 port. Not once has anybody mentioned ever owning Another Wonderful Life or More Friends of Mineral Town, aside from me anyways.

Attached: bk_wl_girl1_1024.jpg (1024x768, 212K)