A copy of this fell into my lap, only played three houses, should I play it or buy one of the other 3DS titles?

A copy of this fell into my lap, only played three houses, should I play it or buy one of the other 3DS titles?

Attached: 81P7PtlSklL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1371, 337K)

The other ones have stayed expensive over the years, but if you're into wasting money play Awakening first.
Do NOT buy the other Fates games because they're redundant (you can buy them from within Birthright).

It's not really a waste if I'm going to play it, I was asking because fates gets so much hate I wanted to see if it was worth playing or just disregarding it for awakening and echoes which I see getting a lot of love.

Fates definitely isn't that bad.
It's hurt by it's weird structure and a lot of bad gimmicks, but it's quality is still very close to the other 3DS games in the grand scheme of things.

I heard this whole trilogy is ass
t. skipped them after awakening

Play it for the memes

If Three Houses is the only other Fire Emblem game you've played then Birthright's not an awful place to start I guess - it's an easier game but has some of the mechanics from previous games that 3H got rid of. Awakening's better for that but if you got a free copy of Birthright may as well try it. It's mostly the plot and world building (or lack there of) that's crappy the gameplay's decently solid.

That's what I heard but I stumbled upon the game card yesterday as part of my job and thought 'how bad can a free game'

Conquest is the only fates game I would say is worth playing. It's story is shit but so are the others, and conquest is the only one with good maps.

Three houses was so painfully easy I have up trying and walked my units into everything, I take from your response this is unusual for the series?

Yeah 3H is a pretty easy game especially compared to previous entries. Birthright was arguably the easiest FE game before 3H came out so if you want a challenge and want to play a Fates game Conquest might be more up your alley. Still got a dumb plot and world building but the AI is more challenging, the maps are pretty great, and the resources are limited so you have to consider what you're doing a lot more. I also like the units in Conquest more but that's just my opinion.

Conquest and birthright are good, Relegation is a pile of shit through rushed to cash in, let's put both clans together and give people what they want except let's not scale the characters and make terrible level designs.

Awakening, Birthright, Conquest and Echoes are all great only buy Relevation if you need more Fire Emblem in your life and are a completionist

Also does anyone know if the Switch eshop let's you download your 3DS and Virtual Console games I'm thinking of buying one and 3 houses next payday but I only play fire emblems and Zelda so unless it let's me redownload my games I don't want to spend 300 just for one game yet

Money isn't really a problem for me so should I just buy Awakening and use this copy to buy the discounted conquest at a later time?

They do not.

Birthright is a complete waste of time. Trade it in then buy and play Conquest instead. You'll be surprised just how easily a 3DS game manages to outclass a Switch successor.

Attached: Portrait_Ophelia_Heroes.png (158x158, 55K)

will 3h teach me to git gud at moving on the grid?

I enjoyed Birthright, I think it's definitely worth playing - just make sure you're on hard/classic if you actually want any challenge.

Man so until another fire emblem comes out there's not much point? BOTW and 3houses look amazing but 300 is too much for a dust collector

Yeah that's a pretty good idea. Awakening's a pretty good entry point and makes more sense then any of the Fates games - be sure to play on hard though it might seem a bit punishing at first but the game's way too easy in the second half on normal.

Gameplay of Fates has a lot of nice refinements over Awakening.
Pairing isn't completely broken, savescumming is less impactful, Lunatic modes actually require meaningful strategy, etc

Yeah

It depends on perspective, the switch has some great titles, most of them ports but it's a great system.

Cool just bought awakening thanks for the advice user.

No, but there will always be more games that are being released for the switch.