Starsector

So now that the hype has died down, we can get back to slow paced Starsector threads

Attached: 1566479177856.png (488x787, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/vdaxtj.zip
hardbin.com/ipfs/Qmeu8ahhYRjFhSRkJDmkye9aX1CBZuVmso29HozWUpLYcA/#9dczwgeNZzeLdoRxqyG4i3jmAzv5hAMNPvVLC3j8CbyM
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_monitor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Death slow enough for you?

Looks like retro inspired pixel early access steam game

>retro inspired
Hit
>pixel
Miss
>early access
Hit
>steam
Miss

It uses sprites made with pixel art nigga.

I'm dozens of hours in, but I still can't pilot for shit. Am I severly weakening my fleet if I give up in taking part and just leave it on autopilot?

Should I just fly around with my main cruiser, fuel and transport ships, and nothing else when doing scavenger stuff? It keeps me going quickly, I have tons of fuel and space with little resource use.

It does cut off attempts to analyze certain ships when they have built in defenses, and I will absolutely get destroyed by pirates if they do catch me.

Literally nobody cares what you think you troglodyte. If you're retarded enough that your brain can't see anything in games but the most basic of meme categorizations your opinion is beyond worthless. That image alone should make it fairly clear what makes it stand out from most generic shit that winds up on steam EA.
>retro inspired when its gameplay is clearly far more based in M&B and the newer wave of sandbox games than older open spacesims
>not pixel art despite literally being that
You're almost as stupid as the nigger you're replying to.

I was like that for a long time. Recognize you're just fundamentally not as good at playing the main battle line with fire, retreat, repeat tactics as the AI will be. Find yourself a ship that can go all in and/or you can take advantage of in a unique way that the AI won't and you'll probably find yourself having a better time.

Most of the domain defenses are pretty weak, taking some destroyers along should be enough. The strongest probe fleets can be left for later

For me I let the AI fly the more advanced ships. I myself fly a wolf.

I'll try and do that. Currently I'm just using an apogee as my flagship, which I hear isn't very good. What should I be looking out for to replace it? I've been having good results with it though I'm not a fan of it's weapon placements

Is that a Tempest with dual Tachyons? The fuck.

Attached: shamefur.jpg (225x350, 19K)

Low rez =! Pixel art

For me, it's DA Pandemonium.

Attached: yJCAjds.png (356x605, 214K)

But the game has been in development for nearly 10 years by four people ya faggot. Do some research before you open your mouth.

There are really some limitations as to what the player can do as opposed to what the AI can do. For example,.can you try aiming forward with your main gun while shielding your rear? The AI can do that. You cant.

>have two monitors
>starsector causes the other monitor to flicker with the fury of a dying star when booted
>causes PC to boot to black screen
>causes primary monitor to glitch out and transpose entire sections of the display to the wrong section of the monitor that can only be rectified through restoring factory settings, eliminating my carefully constructed settings
I wouldn't say four "people" have been working on this, I would say four "subhuman retards" have been working on this.

I'm not at that point, I'm just retarded. When I notice, I'm separated from the fleet, my shields are down and the ship explodes in a couple of seconds

Maybe you should've used something other than java, you retarded ape nigger. Piss off.

>than
esl, you have to go back

op as fuck

Do I really gotta use a new save for mods to take effect?

What's wrong with the vg thread?

>posting on post-2007 boards
kek

>reading the same copy pasta threads on Yea Forums for decades
>tolerating jannys deleting anything remotely interesting

Attached: georgeball.jpg (299x168, 8K)

You need to go back to fucking Africa you pidgin-ebonics speaking concrete jungle nigger.

HAHA EAT SHIT YOU DUAL SCREEN FAGGOT ULTRAWIDE MASTERACE

No one uses ultrawide on Yea Forums.

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.08.21 - 07.48.54.28.png (2560x1080, 3.43M)

I'm on an ultrawide and get flickering sometimes, mostly when I alt-tab out. Not frequent enough to bother, just feels weird

Enjoy playing nothing else, I guess, and 60 frames on everything.

75 and i can play everything on ultrawide except some more obscure jap games

>75hz
You poor man.

Why can I only make 4 colonies max???

Edit the settings.

idk,why?

>Play Starsector
>Get fucking destroyed by enemies
Well, that was fun.

So what's a good way to get rich in this game? Selling stuff feels worthless. Hunting pirates for bounty works when they're available. Anything else?

Also, when is a good time to make my own colony?

Attached: hansolo.jpg (210x265, 46K)

Where can I find an XIV Legion?
Will it be worth it?

Attached: 1539597939249.jpg (385x367, 15K)

Whats the best mod if I just want to fuck about in a single overpowered ship?

procurement contracts and concerned alcoholics

when can you dab on pirates

Why is Starsector being so talked for long recently? Normally one or two year ago these kind of threads would die at the 5th day and dissapear until following update

vanilla,just get a paragon or doom

(((Sseeth))) made a video about it.

I just bought one off them with a commission that I instantly cancelled. They are somewhat common as derelicts for lore reasons and (maybe?) they can spawn as bounties

than is the correct word here. than is for comparisons, then is for time.
you are fucking retarded. here, i'll give you an example, so you can wrap your fucking retarded peabrain around my big fat fucking horsecock of knowledge.

you said something stupid, thEn i corrected you. i am better thAn you at all things, and you are braindead.

tranny autismos plaguing the general

What?

trannies are sperging out over "copyrighted" mods in the /vg/ thread

What's the best portrait pack and why is it anthros?

Attached: screenshot024.png (1920x1080, 861K)

Fucking 40% human wastes.

where can I get that

what is a "copyrighted" mod? a mod that uses content from something else? isn't that what most mods are, for any game that has some kind of mod support?

Attached: D8CRtMS.jpg (374x374, 41K)

Best faction mods?

yup

Where can I find those derelicts?

files.catbox.moe/vdaxtj.zip

Attached: 1519529987.tacklebox_mail_2.jpg (847x1260, 617K)

>implying it's not the same on /vg/
Btw here is the list of mods that are deleted or just not uploaded on the forums
hardbin.com/ipfs/Qmeu8ahhYRjFhSRkJDmkye9aX1CBZuVmso29HozWUpLYcA/#9dczwgeNZzeLdoRxqyG4i3jmAzv5hAMNPvVLC3j8CbyM

your sector is unique user

SSeth's video got a lot of people into the game

Diable
Neutrino

I'm pretty sure it depends on the mod.

sylphon R&D, Imperium

I bet it's mostly trolls trying to fuck the general at all. They don't care about the game, they just want to ruin it for everyone else, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are really from the d*scord modder cartel

So... are there any lewd mods/portrait packs? SFW or NSFW, either works.

I can't be the first guy who wants to replace all characters in the game by fat-titted anime waifus.

Attached: deb9bde2-6620-4ee9-85cd-10dc9b9df27f.jpg (799x1182, 103K)

Forumniggers keep censoring the modlist and other resources.

I don't know what mods got removed, but for example the Oga portrait pack got removed, for including copyrighted characters. Still found the download link on the way back machine
Apparently there also was some mod with a nazi faction or song or something that got removed, not too sure about that

Attached: Og35.png (256x256, 105K)

supposedly the ngo modder got banned over edge and the music mod got taken down cus of copyright

Yeah the developers of the game and the faggots that moderate the forums have no idea what copyright laws and fair use laws are or how they work so anything that doesn't have express permissions from the source gets deleted or anything that the commie faggot fourm admins don't like, like the Thule mod gets deleted, check the general thread for a mega link.

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
Yeah, i got "another portrait pack" on
There was one with anime girls, but it was for an older version so it fucked my game.

there is the degenerate potrait pack from But nothing nsfw iirc

>Gigantic battle between a station and 3 defense fleets and like 5 gigantic invasion fleets
>Can't call in ships because the computer hogs all points even on max reinforcement settings
>Game chucks along at 5-7fps
Now that was disappointing. Can't they switch from javascript to something that actually runs well?

Trolls managed to shutdown the mega and even the pastebin, so you have to use the hardbin that was linked here for mods

Oga is also in the hardbin

Awfully large cannons for such a small ship.

Attached: 1566747690793.jpg (296x166, 39K)

>Yea Forums threads have all but died down
>/vg/ thread has degenerated into a complete shitfest autism spiral
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

Sweet tranny meme. Use more in your everyday vernacular, it's not changing you into a sarcastic piece of human trash.

why not just upload them to nexus?

Most likely they'd get mass reported for DMCA

Get a rocket cruiser and reap a black harvest among your enemies

Attached: 1553853480762.png (162x222, 62K)

Someone post the fucking "freedom ain't free" compilation.

I think only mod authors can upload mods to nexus
Those links are only mirrors for archiving purposes, they are a few of original mods too.

Meh. Generic anime crops, and often not even very good ones. Kinda disappointing, but I guess better than nothing. Needs more cleavage.

Is extra 80k worth running out of fuel and supplies to reach the objective in time

Honestly, if you want a good portrait mod you'll have to make it yourself.

Will you be able to resupply at the objective?

Yeah, I know. Wouldn't even be that difficult, right?

Might think about it.

this, there is nothing like you ask
so you will have to make your own BIG ANIME TIDDIES portrait pack

There's plenty, just few that get posted publicly. Got a commission for a Mikoyan Portrait & \graphics\illustrations pack that includes Taimanin & Prison Ship assets & sounds.

There was also a fellow user working on a Futa total conversion that I'm aware of. That said, you can easily alter base assets in the game as most of the graphics can be done in gimp/pain.net/sai & audio can done in audacity or similar.

Attached: wip_portraits.png (938x849, 302K)

pretty sure there is a couple of modding tutorial on the wiki and maybe even the forum. Never done a portrait pack, but I'd image it's pretty easy. Have fun cropping and editing over 9000 images tho

Most likely no
I might be able to find something in the nearby systems, because after reaching the objective I'll have enough fuel and supplies to get maybe around halfway back, but it's not guaranteed

Then don't do it

>futa total conversion
I wonder how a full body pic would look like in those small portrait windows.

What are the odds you could put something like that onto the forum without it getting taken down as long as it's technically SFW?

Link to any which you have, or related forums/discussions?

>Futa total conversion
Jesus Christ, that's fucking pathetic.

I swear every time I try to use a mod that increases the sector size it keeps resulting in the core systems being covered by deep hyperspace. I'm not sure if it's bad luck or if there's something wrong with the hyperspace maps the mods use.

Meant to quote instead of repost

Would recommend the vast expanse mod over the other bigger sector mods, but you need to replace the game directory nebula png with the mods' to fix the map nebula not working right

I feel like the game is somehow loading multiple hyperspace nebulas or heavily randomizing the nebulas, because the nebula layout when you generate a new campaign map never exactly matches what you input in the png.

Can someone recommend me some good edits for Nexerelin so my sector doesn't go to shit after two cycles? I've repeatedly seen anons talk about it but didn't save them for myself. I think it was just some minor tweaks to diplomacy events but I can't recall it

Attached: 1557231504308.png (700x272, 111K)

Some modders think they are special and go on to protest against mods(people too) they don't like
So if you make sure it's not copyrighted, you should be safe since that's what they used to shutdown shit most often

you double the time for diplomacy events in the mod file if i remember correctly.

In order of most favourite:
NGO, Diable, Blackrock, Scy, Shadowyards, Arkgneisis, Imperium

I like Neutrino for their weapons and some of their ships, but overall I don't like using faction mods very often given how they alter the sector's economy.

Attached: hegememe.jpg (680x433, 78K)

the sectors economy needs altering in my opinion, if you don't actively try and fuck it the prices almost never dip to levels where you can make money, outside of that one zone by the persians where the pirate base is always fucking raped and needs everything.

there's two files you'll want to edit, I can't remember what they're called, one is like settings, and the other diplomacy something

Change the invasion points to like triple what they normally are, and change the event frequency for diplomacy events to like triple or more what they normally are

You'll get a very static sector that still sometimes has planets change hands. Although I actually kind of want to turn invasions off completely, the AI just doesn't handle it well in part because it never prioritizes retaking territory it lost vs just randomly invading planets.

Thanks, guess I can figure it out from here

Attached: 1544906338469.jpg (960x720, 144K)

I want that too

A preset number of them spawn in [REDACTED] systems. They're also sometimes available for purchase with a Hegemony commission. Regular Legions are way more common though.

Name one game that isn't pixel.

>he hasn't made several millions smuggling drugs, marines and heavy weaponry to Chalcedon and Epiphany
Did you even play the game?

To change how often invasion fleets occur go to Starsector\mods\Nexerelin and open exerelin_config.json and change "pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet": 18000

To change how often diplomacy event fires go to Starsector\mods\Nexerelin\data\config\exerelin and open diplomacyConfig.json and change "eventFrequency":10

What's your OS?

They're just slightly different versions. It's mostly about the color scheme

well check this thread in the archive because my post linking to it got deleted.

battlezone

I've been playing with Nex, but for some reason smuggling to Chalcedon and Epiphany is never as profitable as it was in vanilla. Which is strange since I didn't think that Nex changed the economy at all.

Thanks

Attached: 1552740428560.jpg (1180x787, 273K)

how do I make money quickly?
what is babby's first overpowered build? I've seen this hammerhead with dual chainguns and reapers that seems retardedly easy to use
the ship AI in this game seems unusually competent, I've gotten raped a few times :/

Attached: spess.jpg (1200x738, 225K)

I'm looking at it and it has way more pixels than Star Sector.

I don't actually remember if you're supposed to increase or decrease event frequency for diplo events

Nex changes the economy by having conquests and fighting decivilize colonies constantly while putting most of everything under control of one faction that slowly snowballs.

the original 1980 arcade machine

For diplomatic events you decrease the event frequency.

How does it scale? Will reducing it from 10 to 5 half the frequency?

Based retard here, can anyone give me a quick rundown on what pilot skills are good and which are shit? I tried googling but it seems like things change a lot in every patch.

Anything voxel-based. Checkmate, atheists

But that doesn't explain why it feels like prices are more stable in general with Nex active, and this is before factions start snowballing.

Still pixels on screen. Thus, a pixel game.

In general, fleet skills > ship skills

>how do I make money quickly
Trade. Use F1 to see what sells well and buys for cheap, but always save before you fill your holds with cargo, at times by the time you arrive the shortage can be resolved by other trade fleets. Of course if you kill those trade fleets headed there and take their shit, those shortages can continue.
>what is babby's first overpowered build?
High tech ships with good flux/shield ratios and OP systems. Tempest, Omen, Paragon. Anything with 0.6 can absorb fire from ships several weight classes above it and Paragon, unless he's being fired at by three capitals or more is literally fucking unbreakable. Slow as shit, but when he gets there, all you can do is just flee to the edge of the map.

No idea how does it scale, but that seems logical enough.

>pixels on screen
>being this much of an ignoramus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_monitor

thanks

>treating Wikipedia as a reliable source

Anyone can make an article

There is one in /vg/ now which is pretty decent.
Also new player here, finished the "tutorial" and jumped to the other system. Do I just do what the fuck I want from now on? Kinda lost on what to do. I guess I'll start off with smuggling and salvaging.

>are there any lewd mods
I wish, but no. Though I'm sure there will be at least one lewd mod eventually.
>There was also a fellow user working on a Futa total conversion that I'm aware of.
Nani?

wait... are you implying vector monitors don't exist?

For your officers?
The carrier skills are all good on a carrier officer.
Combat Endurance, Helmsmanship, Defensive Systems, Evasive Maneuvers lvl1 and Power Grid Modulation are very good on everyone.
For frontline ships, Gunnery Implants, Taget Analysis lvl2 and Ordnance Expertise are a must, I'd say. Impact Mitigation is good for lowtech ships due to their heavy armor and Missile Specialization is obviously good for missile heavy loadouts. Advanced Countermeasures seems like it could be strong in the hands of the ai but I don't really know about that.

For your character, combat skills are mostly negligible compared to the non-combat skills

>/vg/ thread
>pretty decent
Fuck no.

Thanks, guess I'll just try fiddling with it and see how it works out.
>which is pretty decent
What are our standards for decency?

Yea

Attached: 1512504860114.jpg (500x500, 28K)

This game is trivial to make money. You make money by accident. I seriously seriously do not understand how anyone plays this game for more than 5 minutes and doesn't or cannot figure out how to make money.

List of easy ways to make money from day one without even buying new ships or fighting:
>Start new game and hold shift. You will make 15,000 credits each month automatically for 1 year
>Join commission with a friendly faction, then hold shift. You will make 50,000 - 90,000 credits each month automatically forever
>Open the intel page and list uninhabited planets, sorted alphabetically; go visit every planet with ruins on it - you don't even need to survey them it's already done
>Fly around in random directions until you get a trade mission popup on intel, do the trade mission
>Go fly around random unexplored systems
>Arbitrage and trade manually between systems with oversupply/deficits

Easy ways to make money but will require combat instead of drooling on your keyboard:
>Killing other fleets and trade convoys
>Blowing up redacted and their stations
>Raiding colonies
>Starting your own colony

Me and the boys going to slap some tri-tachyon colony's ass

Attached: screenshot027.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

How do i raise the cap on officers?

>duh you just have to wait and do nothing to get money
What if i want to play the game ? Autistic faggot

Then do any of the other shit he listed.

After you play for awhile you realize 90% of the skills are overpowered and make you an unstoppable killing machine. 9% of the skills are garbage. 1% of the skills are actually balanced, fun, and change how you do things.

I'm at the point where I don't even spend my skillpoints. It just feels like cheating.

If you like anal then yeah sure go for it bro.
Get an omni-shield conversion for your legions asap, it protects my sanity too many times

that would basically require a new game made from scratch. Like minecraft, or KSP2

The colour scheme looks great though, and having 2x large missiles arguably makes it better as a carrier than a regular Legion.

It's JAVA not javascript!! They're completely unrelated!!!!

ksp2 is still on unity

so is simple rockets 2 which doesn't have any of the lag/problems KSP has - the real problem with ksp has always been shitty coders and spaghetti code, not the engine

Is the game still playable and fun if you use autopilot for battles? I plan on playing this game to chill, don't feel like flying the battles myself.

Game should still be made in javascript desu

As long as you build your fleet correctly the AI should be able to win

>Can't they switch from javascript to something that actually runs well?
Alex can easily do that, but he won't because he is a lazy nigger.

Better than /mmog/'s

Yes. The AI is actually extremely good (in comparison to AI in 99% of games you'll play) and it's fun to watch it fight. You can play more like a backseat commander giving general orders for ships to carry out and just watch what happens.

There are still problems with the AI, but it's good enough.

And when it comes to some things like flicking shields to deflect missiles coming in from a flank, or flickering the shields on/off to let a kinetic round hit hull but block the HE round following it on nearly fluxed shields, the AI will always do it way better than you can.

It's also better than /gsg/ but that isn't a fair comparison.

>>retro inspired
>Hit
What's retro about it?
What old games is like it?

Attached: Chalcedon - Heavy Armaments procurement.png (865x452, 569K)

Thanks mates.

Smashing my metacarpal bones with a hammer is better than /gsg/

Tempest's are way too fucking overpowerd

Embrace it

>Fast
>Two medium turrets
>Two free drones providing 3-4 PD turrets worth of cover from missiles
>omni shield
>One of the tankiest frigates available

It's basically perfect

>What old games is like it?
"Inspired" doesn't mean "same gameplay". The dev gushes a lot about Star Control and Master of Orion.

You forgot
>high energy focus

I've done basically everything in vanilla without ever having to pilot. Whenever i thought the AI was fucking up and try to take over I usually end up doing worse

please advise

Attached: screenshot009.png (1920x1080, 717K)

no it will double it
you should pout 20 or 30
(its cycles between events) so increasing it its actually decreasing events it in game

Him being inspired doesn't mean the game is inspired.
Might as well say that the game is Tolkien inspired otherwise.

excatly. Starsector is a game that is 10 years old, and Alex is a way better programmer right now than his previous self. Making a Starsector 2 would be way better for everyone involved because you can start from scratch, with an actual roadmap and with zero spaghetti code.

Attached: best build.png (1080x429, 382K)

>no full on armor tanking
I cant condone this

this is a garbage build, no boosts to colony management, no bonuses in shields or flux dispersion, 0/10 would not take ever even on a npc captain.

I think I am done with this session, will return once it gets a major update once again.

The game needs a better endgame and more goals after you get to the colony phase because after that it just boils down to raiding red Remnant systems and nuking enemy factions while your AI run colonies net you millions per month and you get decked out with limitless Paragons/Onslaughts/Conquests(underrated)/Dooms/whatever endgame modded ships. The game doesn't have a progression line, it the has the sharpest curve where in the beginning your are fighting tooth and nail to get a few shitty ships together and after a point you snowball too hard.

AI is for colony managment
pic related

Attached: pro skills.png (1072x434, 380K)

Attached: skills.png (1189x430, 457K)

>only 2 into salvage
no none of your builds are pro. they are both shit.

salvage is essentially free money and money is cheap in ss

>no 0-flux speed+
>no 50% raid boost
>no flux vent boost
>Recovery perk only to level 2, didnt take the perk that reduce supply use on broken ships
>looting perks when you only need to explore the 20% to get all the blueprints (you'll get more than half of it on core world ruins anyway)
Hella lame

>ever letting your armor get hit
Good luck absorbing anything that isn't just ballistics or explosive and fragmentation. A couple of emp shots will disable half your weapons and engines and then you'll just be dead in the water, unable to fire back. Non shield playing is really not viable in Starsector because there's no way to obtain serious EMP system disabling resistance.

>Good luck absorbing anything that isn't just ballistics or explosive and fragmentation.
Yeah, thats what I use armor for
Thats more than half the weapons at that point

Get a big dick long range eagle to finish off all the weakened enemy ships, it's a lot of fun.

its my full scavenge build
it works pretty well for what it is intended

Attached: mad dog attacks.webm (720x506, 2.91M)

And most of those weapons are shit too. EMP and energy weapons are really the only ones that should be hitting the hull for maximum effect. Ballistics are versus shields and explosive is just kind of there, unless you use mod weapons, majority of explosive weapons are inferior to energy weapons because of shit damage per flux ratios and shit damage per shot.

Blessed webm

Now try that against a Remnant ordo with an equal number of ships. You can kill any ship by surrounding it with frigates.

Where the FUCK is my Conquest (LC)?!

Does anyone even use the Atlas/Prometheus marks 2s? They feel like filler capitals that don't even have a place in your average progression towards endgame Paragons/Onslaughts/Legions.

Since the Prometheus is the jihadi capital ship it should have the unique one use skill where it detaches the huge oil drum and burn drives it forward, allowing you to shoot it and cause a fuck off explossion. It would be faction thematic, unique and have niche/meme uses.

Isn't there some mod ship that just shoots out a giant nuke like what you're describing

>install shitton of mods
>before modding used to run 2 wolves for harrying actions and spliting enemy forces
>now pirates kick my ass and melt wolves in seconds

Attached: 1509215182353.jpg (2013x2049, 344K)

Interstellar Imperium does that

I've been playing for hours yet I can't get a grip on anything this game has to offer, Jesus

Attached: D9tH8kdXYAYXwvN.jpg (500x375, 28K)

Attached: kerberos against remnants.png (1620x922, 283K)

On my way to far off exploration missions, should I be stopping by all the systems to search for salvage? Or nah

Did you play the campaign tutorial?

If you have the fuel/supplies, cargo/fuel space, and enough time for it.

I did, I just need more on-hand experience I suppose

Fucking retard absolutely btfo

How do I get into colony stuff?

Just enter them, scan that shit, if you get blips on your map check them out (usually derelicts/empty stations/pirate or pather bases) if there are and then leave unless of course you have a fuckton of supplies and want to look for good colony planets/ruins to look

I really should try this playstyle next run

escape velocity in 96

Anyone else just never use missiles? It always feels like the points can be better spent on bigger guns/more vents/mods than something you'll only get a few uses out of in a fight, especially if it's a big drawn out one.

Astral sucks dick for what it does.
Legion>Onslaught

Debate me

Attached: works-on-my-machine.jpg (1200x544, 79K)

Should I grab one? They're totally undamaged

Attached: ships.png (496x320, 193K)

Bro, your "carefully constructed settings"...

Legion is okay as a starter endgame fleet enabler if buying it and pimping it out doesn't put you in the red. The Atlas sucks ass.

Legion can be amazing in the right hands, Atlas is a poor mans ballistic platform with very bad defenses.

go for the mk. II

t. merchant looking to get rid of a trash ship for 10 times what it's worth

meant for

what does t. mean

I'm currently sitting on about 1.5m cash and have enough weapons on hand/in storage to outfit a Legion without much extra needing to be spent. Plus I can always store it in that free storage place at Corvus

most of us rerolled 20+ times before really getting the hang of it. If you enjoy it, persevere and it will all make sense eventually. sort of like how you'll spend most of your first 20 hours of pubg running around dying or the first couple hundred hours of rocket league looking like a spaz that whiffs everything.

Oh and I've got large enough civilian/fuel transports to move around with it.

On that note, is there any reason to go for fully intact fuel/civilian tankers in comparison to salvaging derelict ones? You don't typically field them in battle.

I only like Legion XIV

Depends on the D-mods

Derelict tankers are entirely usable, just rather the D-mods be something that affects combat rather than speed/storage.

Not fucking 20+ times. Couple times is enough.

The general for this is embarrassing, holy shit. Imagine being so much of a faggot you shit your pants at anything made/reupped by anons and refuse to put it in the OP like you think Alex will reward you with good boy points, and then whine when anyone tries to talk about said mods. Not even talking about NGO, there's other shit like the Appro translations, Galatia Complete, .9.1a updates etc.

i just imagine it like the end of a letter where you sign your name

it's implying you fit the description of what comes after

Sincerely/regards, merchant looking...

Depends on the d-mods. If if its just decreased armor or similar its fine, but stuff like increased maint/fuel costs or decreased burn speed is terrible. Actual capital-sized cargo/fuel freighters are rare so buying them can sometimes be the only way to obtain them.

well sorry for being shit, fleet admiral user

not really. there's lots of things the AI can do that players can't and things players can do that AI can't. Dooms and missile cruisers are somewhat broken in the players hands but suboptimal in the AI's hands. As long as you give your ships orders in the fleet command screen and make sure they don't do anything retarded you can do well.
On a side note, man the AI is retarded sometimes. There's always one destroyer that ends up chasing some frigate across the map.

Newfags, fuck off

t. not newfag

So.... is there ever going to be anything more that we can do with the Remnant? Or will they just always be AI controlled AI?

Should I buy a colony when I can barely afford it, or should I wait?

wait for next update (2 years from now)

In the next update you are going to be able to use Remnant ships and instal cores for officers and Alex has hinted he is going to do something more with the Redacted as a faction next update

You should have at least a mil+ when starting a colony because it's going to be a moneysink for the first few cycles.

FUCKING BASED
RICH FAGS CAN GO EAT A DICK

>Yellow skills
>Ever
What is purpose of not taking skills that make player ship completely unstoppable so you can take skills that do nothing except giving more money in a game where making money is already very easy?

I bet you're yourself a tranny, falseflagging, being mad about shit nobody cares about and trying to stir shit up.

scavenge run
if you only trade on open market, don't take explore mission and only scavenge its valuable

RP builds.

I've been here for twelve years, nobody said that back then.

People overvalue industry and undervalue combat like crazy.

t. boomer with Alzheimer

Where am I? I hate my wife.

Sweet projection.

t. is very a recent thing, you clueless newfag

anybody with fucking diable avionics installed that can tell me if the fucking gulf spawns?, it's the only ship that looks like it isn't shit and i can't even try it because its fucking nowhere to be found, can't even see them on diable patrols

>Set up a few colonies and start raking in 1.5 mil a month
>Fund construction of 4 extra paragons bringing my total to 5
>Farm alpha cores in high danger systems

Is there anything else to do? I was thinking of genociding the church, the hegemony and the league because their fleets are pissing me off.

Attached: 6a5969ad546cw1080h1080-1536609856.jpg (604x604, 73K)

It’s a bounty ship.

so i can only ever find it as salvage from bounties?, it wont spawn on any shop?

>install cores as officers
What will that accomplish though? I imagine when you get scanned by some patrol you're going to get shit on, but without giving personality to these Alpha Cores, it feels pointless. And when is this next update supposed to come out?

Also, will we ever be able to do anything with those inert gates?

No upkeep officers that you can change the personality of on the fly.

>What will that accomplish though?
In the revamped skill system AI cores work differently than officers (read the july blog) plus some of the new ships have like -100% combat readiness if commanded by anyone other than a core

hey
hey
here's something for you
NIGERNIGERNIGERNIGER

I was a bit disappointed to find out that the [REDACTED] are just Tri-Tachyon surplus back from their war against the Hegemony. I was expecting they'd be a huge threat even to the Domain, and involved in the gates shutting down.

since you cant vassalize other factions game aint over as long as there are any colonies of opposing factions
glass'em all
or conquer if you're playing with nex

There were a lot of AI threats in the sector before the collapse, and Alex heavily hinted that he will add more AI content in the next update, so they'll probably be more interesting in the next update.

Man, I just installed this graphics mod and it makes the artstyle look 3d.

Attached: 1245.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

It's kinda gay.

That's not Starsector

What game is that.

that's sins of a solar empire

I spent a ton of time in the tutorial/first play. My second and third time I had most of the game down no problem. Mostly was figuring out what was easy money and which ships were good bangs for the buck.

>sindran faggots hunting some pirates near Umbra
>gotta trade with Umbra real quick
>they're inhospitable so gotta turn transponder off
>the moment I do every single sindran cuck in vicinity stops chasing pirates and starts chasing me
>HIS TRANSPONDER IS OFF GET HIM BOYS
Priorities.

Do you have any recommend values?

god I love that game still

Advent > TEC

FYI you don't have to edit these values in with the latest version of Nex. There are comments on what certain values are for in the config files (usually).

You don't have to edit them in, no, I'm just asking if anyone has any recommendations for how I should tweak the values.

I only play it for Star Trek Armada 3 mod.

Incorrect Vasari>TEC>Advent. I've included the fun carrier spam of the Advent.
It's a superb mod. One of the GOAT.
I'd sift through the config and tweak something to what you prefer. I don't know my tastes change off and on.

You disgust me.

Not really. I actually really like all three factions. It's fucking weird. I've never played a game where I like all the playable factions before Sins

>he actually crashed the BMT website despite just posting his cd key
the madlad

I really wish they'd made an actual campaign/storyline. I really want to know what the fuck the Vasari were running from.

Me

Is it normal for that AI capital ship to be crazy strong/powerful?
After finding an Onslaught I thought I could kill one but holy shit I didnt even get through its shields
Then I fitted everything I had with anti shield guns and the rest with rockets to kill/finish it off but again it raped my fleet (I did get some damage on it this time)
Was I doing something wrong? (I dont have many ships with energy guns its mostly ballistics and rockets)
I also dont have many officers flying my ships (only 3)

Alex updates the game twice a year

Yea I have favorite ships in each faction. I even like the voice overs. It's one of those games I keep perpetually installed. Vicky 2, Hoi3, X3, SoaSE, DoW Soulstorm/DarkCrusade, and TW atm.

What's the best option for a low cost exploration fleet that also stays fairly powerful? A couple of bigger ships or a shitload of small ones? My current fleet is both and it affects me monetarily

Man this feels really unfair. So I have a decent fleet with a paragon, 2 astrals and a couple of cruisers (including a doom which I pilot) and destroyers. I could probably beat most things now but whenever I run into a big enemy fleet it only lets me deploy like 100 points worth of stuff. So I can call in paragon and 1 astral and get overwelmed by numbers, paragon and small ships but then not have any punch, or astral and small ships and end up not having a tanky frontliner and lose a bunch of destroyers.

I wouldn't go larger than cruiser if you need to be credit efficient. Despite that frigate/destroyer spam is plenty for most of everything. Large Remnant Ordo's are the only thing gave me some issue when I first started. Those can still be done with a small ship fleet but requires more prep like picking the right types and weapons. Paragon's allow you to face tank and obliterate them though or really anything.

How good is X3? I grabbed it on a whim during the last christmas sale, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.
Also should I be playing Albion Prelude or Terran Conflict?

have you increased the limit in the settings?

First of all, increase total deployment points in the settings, next make sure you have a big fleet when you meet a big fleet. At vanilla max there's 500 deployment points divided based on how many ships each side has.

Officers, most of the time AI has level 20 officers and those make a lot of difference, also check your weapons, there are plenty of cases where the AI might not be strong enough to even break your shields, but you end up shitting on them yourself because your own weapons generate too much flux

Does it count total number of ships or total maximum deployment cost?

It's great, the whole idea is basically like Star Sector only 3D, in that you're encouraged to be a space trucker and bounty hunter to start off until you're rich enough to start building your own bases, production, and fleets and basically conquer the sector. The most significant difference (other than the ship gameplay being more space sim and QOL things like being able to set your freighters to ship and trade for you) is that it has an actual plot/story and endgame challenges.

AP Xpac for sure. It's a great game and can still be rather stunning visually. It's quite involved. In fact I would love it if I could have X3 with whatever they used in Rebirth/X4. Updates to some models and it could last for even longer. X-Rebirth especially mods is the best visually out of the entire series including X4 for the moment anyways. X4 is still new. It takes a good solid 1-2 years minimum for things to get ironed out in vanilla Egosoft games. I have Rebirth and X4 installed and sometimes spool them up but they don't keep me going like X3. I'd give it a go for sure.

IBB Bounties, you also need Ship/Weapons Pack and hit the bars for IBB agents. The Gulf is somewhere in the middle of twentysomething missions

BUMP

>tfw no No Man's Sky/Star Sector hybrid

Anyone else like running hybrid Blackrock and Imperium fleets?

It's boring. Same issues as Starsector endgame, but amplified further because you can't actually affect anything in the universe. All the factions spawn endless units and factories, borders don't change etc. so you can't actually influence anything that happens in the game world, just take randomized missions that spawn enemy fleets out of thin air. Even if you fail those missions the only thing it affects is lowering your reputation. Late game fleet management is an absolute clusterfuck because the AI is shit and happily destroys your hard-earned ships, carriers and fighters in particular are pretty useless for that reason and re-fitting anything is a huge pain in the ass due to how gear usually has limited availability.

Once you get one of the endgame destroyers you quickly realize how shallow the sandbox is because you can only use it to do the repetitive random missions or start causing random havoc in the other races' sectors, which will have zero effect on the game world apart from tanking your reputation. And by that point you also realize there's no reason to bother with fleet management because you all by yourself can substitute for a big fleet. There's a linear plot or two that you can follow, but they're not exactly interesting either. The player HQ unlock quest in particular is horrible.

>X4 fag

Fuck phase ships. I can't do anything but hold my ground and waited for their combat readiness to drop to 0.

Attached: 1459714024582.jpg (343x307, 21K)

Most of the fleets you'll face are small garbage, so not being flanked is more important. Go for a bunch of frigates and destroyers

You can use a lot of low flux long range energy weapon on fast and mobile ships to force them to stay in phase mode and build up hard flux. The AI doesn't understand it's better to facetank a couple of tactical lasers than build up flux.

Once they have to drop out of phase ram a torpedo up their ass.

Need your help anons

Attached: Снимок5685858.png (452x164, 43K)

The trouble is the AI gets really stupid when an enemy ship is at high flux/vents and instead of pushing in for a kill will actually back off and let the enemy ship have its breathing room.

I have no idea why alex programmed them to behave this way but it's annoying as fuck and lets things like phase ships last much longer than they otherwise would.

it's one of the best space sims and 4x games ever made.
this is all true until you take into account that egosoft have an incredible modding community. pretty much every issue you mention can be fixed with mods.

block starsector.exe & java.exe in your firewall

What the hell IS a Wanzer?

;^)

Attached: file.png (1271x815, 356K)

being a bit too obvious user, might want to hide those icons to make you less identifiable from thread to thread

Attached: ic.png (221x34, 14K)

How do I find planets with more than 1 industry slot?

?
hover over industry number on bottom right
it depends on the colony size

I have no Idea of what I'm doing, should I keep gamma cores or hand them out to the techno jews?
Also, My fleet comp is the starting hammerhead & condor with 5 wolf frigates, can handle pirates but ludd niggas rape my ass 2 out of 3 times

the X games brainlet me every couple of years. I can tell if I was able to actually comprehend the way to play them they'd be in my top 5 games, but every time I give it a go I float confusedly around one or two systems, forget how to even perform basic tasks and at absolute best: fail to make a basic trade profit and go cry in my quarters.
One day I'll get there. One day I'll build chain factories in distant systems and naval AI fleets that lay siege to powerful governments to force them to enjoy my delicious trade.

ANONS
IT'S TIME TO TAKE BACK OUR GENERAL

Attached: Tri-Catgirlâ„¢.png (2048x1148, 1.22M)

oh I'm stupid

I found 2 planets with lots of resources but both had only 1 industry slot so I thought it was some kind of tradeoff

you can also change their abilitys at will and will always have said abilitys maxed out

im more excited for the ability to lock in hull mods tho, its not remotely balanced in any way but oh boy does it sound fun as hell

These, but in space.

Attached: Zenith_wanzer_01.jpg (850x850, 113K)

Fug, are there no free, permanent storage options in Nex like there are in vanilla. I just lost loads of stuff (I think) because the Sindrians seized my starting world

Attached: 1546422220041.jpg (399x464, 52K)

nypa faggot

Wait they're fucking mecha? Seriously? It might be enough to get my carriers to stop smoking the phase pipe.

Okay

Yeah they do that a lot, having aggressive officers can help. Can't recommend reckless though.

Abandoned Stations. You can query them from the console

>still no tri-tachyon catgirl mods

I find Atlas to be a pretty decent fire support ship.

Thanks, wasn't sure if they were still in because I didn't see any so far

>Oh, Commander user-kun ahhn, aahERROR_END_OF_WINRAR_TRIAL_PERIOD
>UNREGISTERED_USER_LODGED_IN_A:
>EXECUTING CHKDK
>*Whirring noise*

Reckless officer with an Afflictor is pretty good. If you're okay with with using on officer on a frigate of course.

I was a tad disappointed by the size of capital ships. They seem quite small for what a galactic empire could build
Or maybe it's just a more realistic approach, where they'd field thousands and thousands of those, instead of a bunch of behemoths. As far as we know ayy lmaos were never a thing, so there's no great need for a fleer

>Reckless officer on a supercarrier
It's like a rabid snail. Their motherfucking life will be over 30 minutes from now.

>mfw I just accidentally found an XIV legion trying to get back to civilization after running out of fuel in the sticks and hopping between systems trying to scavenge

Attached: 1550473216141.jpg (468x423, 59K)

If you're playing with random sector gen you can up their spawn rate to make them more common across the sector, though they still spawn only in the inhabited core of the sector. Alternatively you can add storage to a static system object. If you have more questions, hit up the discord, as its easier to walk you through problems without the back & forth of text.

Diable > all other factions

Not really thought about it, but off the top of my head the explanations could be:
>The gates just aren't that big, and/or use or construction of them was prohibitively expensive or dangerous proportional to size.
>It's 200 years since anyone who knew what the fuck they're doing has been in touch and we're in the buttfuck idaho of space anyway, the boyscout legions were the dominion equivalent of some local national guard and the really big boy ships were simply not deployed anywhere near the now lost sector, and nobody remembers they even existed.
I have no idea if there's any lore or explanation on ship size and construction, so this might all be bunkum.

There's a discord? For Nex specifically or just for SS in general?

>supercarrier
user what. Afflictor, you the know. The crazy fast phase ship that lowers the defence of anything it touches. It also has a pirate variant, my reckless officer goes in, lowers defences of capital ship like a boss and zooms out while my ships punch through it like a hot knife through butter.

Attached: AfflictorShipIcon.png (240x300, 18K)

The afflictor is really good but it dies so fucking fast in the hands of AI. At least with tempests and omens I can assign them to PD duty to keep them alive longer, but afflictors needs to get in there to do damage.

I can keep it alive if I pilot myself but I'd add far more value in a doom or gryphon..

At some point a ship would be so large the internal logistics would be a nightmare. If you can't RUN to the other side of the ship in a few minutes or less it's too fucking big.

you're hard work, user.

Supercarrier phase ships when?

Attached: 1547969571705.jpg (334x302, 14K)

Yeah, the proportions are kinda messed up. When you use WW2 ship proportions as a reference (which are the closest, seeing how the game uses WW2 and prior ship classes), then frigattes are actually more like destroyers compared to the capitals, while destroyers are cruisers and cruisers are probably more akin to battlecruisers. The average WW2 battleship ahd roughly 20 times the displacement of a destroyer while in game, the average capital is at best 5-6 times as large as a destroyer

Neutrino adds a Phase Cruiser-Carrier

trying too hard again user :^)

Attached: yukkuri.jpg (629x350, 44K)

?

Why would you? Battle stations are a thing, you don't need to go anywhere. Unless it's design is crap, which wouldn't surprise me, though, given there's a literal donut of a ship in the game.

Alright boys, nothing I try will let me screencap the game so my plea for help is all text.
Cant figure out how to fight redacted, what can I do with what I got, I can mass produce the following.
>Luddic flagship prometheus
>Onslaught
>Oddessey (what I've been currently using because is fast)
I can also make Herons, Sunders, hammerheads, Pirate shrikes, tempests, wolves and afflictors
Also are any of these homemade weapons any good?

Attached: SDSD Meme.jpg (2240x1320, 1.35M)

Wait, I had an idea. Before the gates were cut off, shields weren't a thing yet. So larger ships would be just as vulnerable, and losing one would be a great loss. Now, a gigantic one could have so much power nothing smaller could scratch it, but the small cut-off realms can't build or field something like that

So the best anti-shield weapon are the needler line right? Best anti-armor is the HIL? What about the best medium energy weapon? Phase lance feels kinda underwhelming.

>Odyssey
>Onslaught
>Herons
Niggy, just get a bunch of them together, smash your head on the keyboard and collect those alpha-cores. Carrier spam is crazy strong and both capitals are very good (although the ai is probably better with the Onslaught). Try to get a frontline cruiser or two and you're all set. If that's not possible, some Hammerheads will do the job as well, but be prepared to lose them

Hmm, drones from domain-era tech don't have shields. Maybe? I'd be a little confused as to how some podunk isolated sector of space suddenly invented a serious, gamechanging technology, but maybe?

>best anti-shield weapon
HVL and sabots, easily. Gauss Cannons are nice as well, but they lack the HVL's EMP for some reason.
>best medium energy
Depends on what you want to do, Phase Lance, Graviton Beam and Heavy Blasters are all good

How much power would I need to say wipe out all the Sindy loo dick tators? Can I takeover their infrastructure or do I have to sit there for a year and bombard them until they destabilize? I would just genocide them but everyone will get mad.

Ok what about the weapons though? I never really looked into them too hard and have mostly been selling most of the cheap ones in bulk, Most expensive thing I can make is a tachyon lance but I never used it before and have no idea if its worth.

>HVL
*HVD

>Get an XIV Legion
>It's actually worse than the normal Legion because it has no large ballistic slots

GOD NO

My favourite Odyssey loadout is two Autopulse Lasers, Hurricane MIRV, medium Sabot and two medium Harpoons. Also Taclasers for the lightshow and as long range PD. You basically get a hightech mix of the Conquest and Gryphon.
That aside, Tachyon Lances are crazy strong but I'm not sure if they're really useful for the ships you have, except for Sunders

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CONQUEST (LC)!?

I was able to bombard them pretty easily with at least just two onslaughts as my main capitals. They use Conquest as their flagship so it doesn't take much to destroy them. Just make sure you bombard the Lion's HQ/Military base first 'cause they will keep spawning otherwise.

>nypa
What

Hypervelocity driver? Wiki shows it has low DPS so it feels more like a long range weapon to pressure flux rather than burning down shields.

It has low fire rate, but every shot hits hard. And if the enemy lowers his shields, it has the EMP effect to fuck him over. I'd say it's objectively the best ballistic anti-shield weapon. Although you can probably get really crazy with needlers and SO

It's accurate, has amazing range, emp and can scratch armour in a pinch.

he's saying not your personal army
because we are not your personal army

I see, welp im off give it a try
Im also gonna build some luddic path ships so I can have a suicidal meme run at the Redacted

What was the end result? How do you "win?"

make sure you have graphic/lazy/magic lib all installed, you can disable all of graphic libs features on its config file if your PC can't handle it and STILL being able to play mods that use it

use tac lazers to keep them phased for as long as you want, the AI is retarded when using them

Insha'Ludd, brother. Bring divine punishment down on those machine devils.

The end result is that unless you Saturate you waste a whole in game year waiting for them to decivilize, raiding all their industries and ports, bombard the military hq every so often. It's pretty fucking boring and I hope you can just take over colonies without this bullshit in the next update. Keep in mind by all the raids and bombardments habitable worlds gain the 25% pollution hazard.

Sseth was telling the truth in his video. Smuggling is the best way to make money early game. Especially when you've got mod factions installed. They tend to have fucky markets for you to exploit.

I would agree with much of this but again and Ego vanilla game is like salt in the wound. THey come alive with mods much like starsector.

if you time it right the burst potential of the needlers can be a lot more benefitial, i personally prefer the needlers but that's probably because its the weapon i've used the most since i got them

The Cathedral in the ships/weapons pack mods. I think the Kadur Remnant faction mod also has a unique super massive ship.

rip, and there's no way to fix that pollution either?

What are some good mods for Albion Prelude?

Attached: Sunder chan.jpg (497x1024, 75K)

It's probably just the full dakka factor. Hammerheads with twin heavy needler, expanded magazine and accelerated ammo feed on is pretty fun.

Can't you just conquer them the normal way?

The combat feels like Star Control and other Space War-esque games

Nope, you're stuck with it. Enjoy your polluted lobsters.

Not in the base game. The only method to take over a factions world is to slowly decivilize them or nuke them instantly gaining hate from everyone except the tri-jews who are okay with you nuking everyone.

Winners don't smuggle. I knew a smuggler once, his teeth were yellow and cracked, and his back hunched over from the burden of how many blueprints he'd sold to the pirates. Oh how he lamented his self-struck fate! "If only I'd paid the reasonable and society-supporting tariffs of the Hegemony!" he'd cry, between disengagements from 30+ onslaught pirate fleets.
If you smuggle, you are not only a degenerate and a supporter of piracy, you're a ludd-damned son of a bitch. Praise the XIVth

Attached: ffd955fd223b59e27edaa50ff024964b.jpg (432x480, 32K)

>except the tri-jews who are okay with you nuking everyone

i always find funny how people hate the hegemony and other factions the most while the tri-yarch literally doesn't give a damn if you nuke the whole sector killing trillions of souls, i think they are taking the whole "corporation" stuff a bit too serious

I think litcube is regarded as the big must have mod.

Truly mankind's greatest ally.

Does this support the theory that the tri-tachyon corp is completely run by AI now?

3-4 onslaughts at the front and the rest moras or herons equipped with Cobra Bombers

They also started two AI Wars, tried to planet kill a bunch of Hegemony worlds, and are of course the source of the Remnant fleets that bother everyone. However, people know they're comically evil so it's not fun to poke at like the Hegemony is, which is arguably grey.

I want some sort of AI invasion as an endgame

star control 2 is pretty much the same exact game

shades and omens are better escorts

>large missiles
>worse

What's the point in taking combat skills in a game where the combat is already very easy? By mid-game the only thing slowing you down is logistics so you are basically fucking your whole game up if you don't take yellow. Red is not worth it at all.

So, what're ya flying?

Attached: 1566508705386.png (765x785, 887K)

The Wrath of The Righteous.

Attached: Emperor sipping.jpg (510x546, 78K)

>find paragon blueprint
so is the game just over now

user from /vg/ thread is working on some kind of endgame boss(es?) mod

Why does no one have the fucking drovers god damn

how come there's no wh40k total conversion mod yet?

This piece of trash I dug up on the outer rim in the pig's arse of a remnant sector.

Attached: Thanks_I_hate_it.png (1920x1080, 850K)

something something copyright
modder autism basically

*is superior*

Attached: 20190825200006_1.jpg (1680x1050, 348K)

Yep, we are a group of five working on a mod.

ss moding community is one of the most retardly autistic ones I've ever seen when it comes to copyrights

Good point. It's hard to dislike the tri-kikes because they're just cartoonishly bad, but the Hegemony actually has a shred of realism to it.

can you tell what bosses will it have or is it a secret?

Good luck finding me to chase me down Mr Lv. 44.

Attached: nothing_here_but_us_stellar_gasses.png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

h-he's good
For real though what are the hardpoints on the regular Vendetta? I see two medium missiles at the front instead of medium balls, I think I like that better.

mostly bosses you find during exploration, like abandoned space station of DEATH, moar unique AI shipfus with unique rewards, etc. Right now I'm still at the part where I made faction-themed bosses, mostly pirates since those fucks are everywhere. Pic related is semi-serious, it was my first boss that I made. I dunno if he will still look like that in the final version. What I'm aiming for are uniques bosses that feel different to each others, rather than vanilla ships that all play the same but with 100x the stats. For example the lobster got a huge armor but weak hull(for it's armor) and no shield, kinda like the shell of a lobster and it's soft insides.
If you got any ideas too lemme know about em

Attached: screenshot000.png (1600x900, 592K)

>peak performance 9001 sec
Bravo, simply EBIN

I still think the The Lobster looks like a joke boss.

is only possible movement of ship segments a rotation?
if more complex movement of segments is possible you could make huge mecha knight that fights using literal hammer and shield

There's even less serious bosses we have.
Though those will obviously be easter eggs.
Also gib ideas for bosses

>find a mining station
>scavenge a guaranteed $400,000 (that nanoforge thing) so I can start my colony ambitions with $1.5 million
It's a guaranteed good feeling. Also are two big tankers good enough to have a 2-way trip from the center to the 4 corners of the sector?

>Also gib ideas for bosses
Grab a tier 3 low tech station. Cut it in half. Glue thrusters. Call it a Luddit boss.

If the Luddic Path boss doesn't try to suicide bomb the biggest ship nearby to try and take both out when at super low hp I'll be disappointed

I think it could be justifiable in the lore : "An eccentric pirate who loved volturnian lobster so much he made a fucking OP ship that look like an lobster"
pic related is the next boss I made, that the clean version without much shit on it. Mostly because I can't do art for shit and I don't want to fuck it up by putting details on it. Ok, il stop and let the other bosses stay a secret until the final release or when they don't look too shit

Attached: galleon.png (450x800, 312K)

Shit, I just did a refit to make use of those new ordinance points but the front loadout should be the same. They're these. My basic idea is to make use of the missile fabricator special feature on the vendetta, combined with some fleet ECCM to hopefully wreck shit. It's relatively untested though. First playthrough I've ended up with a fucking Vendetta and I don't believe in the electronic Tach that is the simulator.

Attached: fiddle-dee-dee.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

don't sell pristine nanoforges you are gonna need them for your heavy industry later on

A Borg cube/square/rectangle.

>Pirate boss
>How many guns can we fit on 3 ships welded together
I like it

I'll just scavenge for more.
This is assuming that I can totally continue scouring the map for more mining stations to scavenge.

tfw so shit I had to spoiler it. It so shit I don't even know if it's even going to be a easter egg.
I now know better than to draw from scratch.
>roll a quint to kill the giga-nigga ship
>quads only disable his shield

Attached: AVP_GIGANIGGA.png (350x350, 32K)

Just rebuy the nanofrges from the market you sold them to

No idea if its feasible or even sensible, but.
>The "Houdini" counter-phase minelayer/missle boat
>mine-spam/rocket spam ship but the twist: Half of the mines/rockets are deployed in phase space
>Only visible to phased ships when phased/tracks highly/homes highly to phased ships
>Massive, tremendous damage to phased vessels
>Can be completely evaded by unphasing.
>Boss is backed up by beefy assholes who with convential butt-rape weapons.
>Only hit phased ships

You retard why did you show it
It was supposed to be an easter egg that you have to do some obscure shit to see

pristine ones are fucking rare
I'm playing with bigger sector mod and after scouting about quater of the systems I've found whooping one pristine nanoforge

Obscure shit as in, opening the mod folder and looking at the spaceships?

kek
at least we dont know what obscure shit we have to do

I wanted to do an old ship of line sail type of ship. With a fucking huge broadside, ended with the SS Great Eastern of space ship instead.

My latest playthrough i've had about 9 synchotron cores, 14 alpha cores and.... 2 pristine forges. Pretty sure it's the rarest of all the special items.

Correction, it is called a "Synchrotron Core". To be fair, this is still on my babby mode (the mercenary start) and tutorial save.

Implying people would look at the spaceship folder

I wish I had explored a bit more before starting a colony early game. Just found a habitable world with two cyrovolcanos near it and a Cryosleeper. When I remove hegemony and their ai dick inspections i'll make it mine.

>he doesn't know my secret plans
not like you could know anyway

You say that but my first playthrough fucking DOUSED me in pristine nanoforges, to the point where I was terrified how easy it was to make money. Thankfully I fucked it up by selling all the good shit to pirates and creating a grim darkness of the future reality where there is only onslaught.

I didn't know what synchrotrons were until about the fifth playthrough, it does seem to fluctuate.

Is it possible to erase the hegemony?

I'm tired of bribing them.

then it's not as bad, but selling anything more than a corrupted forge may bite you in the ass later

An absolutely gigantic hypercarrier. Not like "lmao paragon is big lmao" gigantic either, I mean a ship that literally takes up the entire screen.
It also needs to have more fighters than the player has guns.

>NGO
Is this bait?

Plus, it's the most consistent in its behavior, plus the one most likely to find defenders. Like the Luddic Path and Tri-Tach are realistically and comically evil respectively, so no one will defend them except for memes, the Luddic Church's anti-tech stance is unlikely to find supporters among the player of this kind of game, and the Diktat is obviously just the Lion's personality cult. That just leaves the Hegemony and Persean League, and the League is a bunch of trumped up independents whose worlds vary from places implied to be more tyrannical than the Diktat to harmless party worlds like Fikenhild, so no consistent criticism or meme really sticks.

go back to /vg/

I should know, I keep selling blueprints and shit to the pirates and Luddic Path to keep sweetening my contraband runs to them.

I hope we're geting some huge multisegment remant ships to blow up

yes, just pour fuel over their planets and watch the purifying fire do the rest

The "Reaper Torpedo Mk.II Superduperfighter"
A pirate-hollowed out reaper missile fighter that has two built-in reaper torpedo slots. Don't think too hard about it.

For balance purposes, how about loading all of those hangar bays with mining drones? Or something like that shittiest fighter available?

>replying to a 7 hour post to call him bait
get this hothead outta here

how about a a multi-multi-segmented ship?

>fuckhuge mining drone hub
sounds cool
give it shittons of armor and hull with no shields and little to none mounted weapons

What if... we made the FTL Boss but with each segment being a part from Vanilla factions?

I get the impression that anti-armor/HE weapons are kinda shit and that you're better off focusing on anti-shield damage and missiles/torpedoes to finish enemies off

a conquest that is actually good

>unlikely to find supporters among the player of this kind of game

Attached: 1556156861771.png (556x773, 439K)

I didn't know Kazensky came back from the dead to play Star Sector and shitpost on Yea Forums

Missile/torpedos are OP in player hands but the AI doesn't know how to use them properly, that's why you give them anti-armor/HE weaponry, Energy weapons offer the best of both worlds by doing 100% to everything plus the autopulse cannon with extended mags is one of the best weapons in the game, the plasma cannon and the taychon lance are great but requiere a tad more skill to use

I WILL FUCKING STAB YOU

Attached: niggerkiller.png (522x373, 28K)

Missiles are nice, but youre gonna have a bad time if its you ONLY source of HE damage.
With just kinetics youre gonna be hard pressed to pressure some of the tankier ships and even some high-tech ships when your missiles fail to connect, and then on the time it takes for missiles to rearm the enemy just vented all its flux because they dont have to block constant HE damage

Yeah. That and/or remake vertical view of a Nimitz class aircraft carrier.

that would be the domain being rebirthed in the form of an angry ship

>back from the dead
Not yet, but

woah, im not a good enough modder to do that

The Rebel Flagship would be a garbage ship in Starsector. It would have 4 forward facing large weapons, yes, but it would also have no PD. You would have to use valuable hanger space for PD wings, or risk instant death the moment someone gets behind you.

It's stated somewhere that the proportions aren't to actual scale, because the game would be unplayable. Fighters are bigger than they should be, capitals are smaller.

A real-scale mod would be interesting though. Turn rates on capital turrets would get much more important.

How the fuck do you evade enemy fleets? Does it ever work?
I'm tooling around in small frigates and even when I run into a massive fleet I can't disengage.

Star of David-shaped station

>get xiv legion
>deck it out in long range unlimited rockets
>irritate shit from afar, fighters wreck shit from up close
it's allright

In theory
>Hide (orbit) in planetary rings and or asteroid fields
>Hit the emergency burn
>Install auxiliary thrusters on every ship in the fleet
>Go the other way
>Increase sensor range, spot the enemy, and then turn off sustained burn to make a turn away from the enemy

Torpedos are great but are kinda useless in long battles. You're better off using bombers

I mean the dialogue option when contacting an enemy fleet

>You're better off using bombers

this, carrier spam with cobras > everything else, carriers are so broken atm its not even funny

So I finally got my first non-pirate distress call, it gives a lot of rep for whoever you find but it'd be nice if you could actually do something with rep with individuals.

Wait auxiliary thrusters work on the field? I thought it purely in the combat field. That's good to know.

Just got my very first colony, what do I build now? It's got abundant organics, moderate ore, rich farmland and a military base, so I'd like to have my ships produced there if possible

picrel

Attached: 20190825210339_1.jpg (1680x1050, 451K)

it reflect real life, there is a reason we stopped building battleships.

Heavy industry first always

The max industries you can have is 4. So with that on hand you can have Farming,Mining,Heavy industries(upgraded to orbital works) and you got one free slot for whatever you want. What's the icon on the right of habitable do? I'v never seen it before, if that increases your fleet size or something it might be worth making a high command there as well.

what could possibly beat full fleet of Herons 2/3 sparks 1/3 Flash carrying?

i can beat up to 2 remnant fleets at once, which i could just avoid doing if it was any trouble at all.

Attached: 1501571578990.jpg (405x650, 40K)

Forgot to mention, things like orbital station,waystation,patrol hq and ground defenses don't cost an industry slot. However if you upgrade the patrol hq to military hq it costs you a slot, but upgrading that to a high command does not.

Once I figured that out I fucking uninstalled. No way in hell I'm having that stupid shit in my game.

what do I do with "steady" officers?

which faction usually sell/have cobra?

i think the tri-yarch because its a high tech blueprint, don't know for certain since i got mine randomly and after i got the blueprint i made them on my colony

recruit them since they are the best officers to have, timid/cautious work a bit better for carriers tho

What sets the limit for carrier fighter replenishment?

dunno but the more you have the better, carriers will keep spamming their fighters until their Combat Readiness runs out, wich literally never happends

CR Hull and Flux
took me a while to figure that out.
only reason i did was fighters went up when i was out of the line of fire. you also don't launch while venting flux.

It's the Base from Unknown Skies, it increases Ship Quality by 25%.
With an Orbital Works on that planet and a Nanoforge he could have his Fleet Quality at 1 box and make ships with zero Defects.

>Exploring a heavy [REDACTED] Sector
>Survey a water world that has "Bands of looters, raiders, and survivors huddled on the surface"
This type of stuff makes me just love this game, imagining survivors on this planet that has been forgotten about by all of humanity for centuries.

Considering all the ruins and "decivilized populations", the humans under the factions might be a tiny minority. These world could be pretty much everything, from stone age tribes, to Mad Max, to a world like ours.
Why wouldn't the core factions colonize them though?

this is the best game I have played in years
I wish there was a persistent multiplayer game like this.

The first time I ever found a decivilized planet really surprised me, for the same reasons as you
It really puts how fucked up the sector is into perspective

3 monitors
none of these issues

sounds like a you problem

A fuckload of work went into Imperium, and it shows. All of their hull mods change their special weapons to have different effects. It's fucking cool.

It really is that easy aint it? I would also opt for a luddic path atlas too, after all pirates made use of all that spare capacity so why wouldnt ludds chosen? instead of a shitload of guns it could have a fighter compliment of suicidal DRAMs and a shitload of guns

MMO mechanics and pacing would run it

What's the optimal setup for 6 combat ships? 4 carriers and 2 frontline "anything"-s?

>how do I make money quickly?
salvage
>what is babby's first overpowered build?
put points into salvage

you said it, later on, 3 capital ships to soak up the damage and the rest on carriers

6 conquests, nothing can beat a conquest

What about 7 conquests?

Part of it is the march of the XIV Legion, they ended up stranded right outside the Persean Sector in the middle of nowhere and had to drive manually it to get to the core worlds. The MO was to strip planets of all useful resources on the way, leaving the population without any space-age infrastructure. The other part is the AI Wars, both of them decimated the sector utterly, some planets being destroyed outright. So basically, we start the game after things have finally settled down for long enough for it to stabilize somewhat, with only the core worlds coming out intact from that fuckery.

Can Ventures substitute for carriers or should I dedicate with any form of carrier?

Take a leaf from the Slylandro, nothing but drone tenders, as many as possible, a baker's dozen of a baker's dozen. That pirate fleet over there? Look again user, its an asteroid prime for mining. That Luddic orphanage for children whose parents mysteriously exploded? Basically a asteroid made of organs, go harvest them, reap what they sowed.
Dream big, drone bigger, mine the world, until your colony is the only one left not covered in an intersecting grid of hundreds and thousands of drone tendies mining everything that doesn't have a "definitely not an asteroid" permit.

Attached: MINE_MINE_MINE_WARCRIMES_ARE_FINE.png (78x92, 15K)

>with only the core worlds coming out intact from that fuckery.
Mostly intact anyway, some of them got fucked up or straight up annihilated during the time after the collapse

Never forget Mairath

dunno i just used drovers and condors as my first carriers, but they were so effective i kept using them all the way until end game

>Drover's info tooltip is basically "Reeee this carrier doesn't have enough hardpoints" "Fine, you want hardpoints? The front is now missiles"
I fucking love the drover.

I like how the tactics end up resembling volley fire. Shame the range is too short, the numbers almost never enough, and the AI doesn't pull it off

Attached: 1453726083_UncomfortableZanyKingfisher.gif (637x342, 3.61M)

too busy dickwaving eachother and colonisation efforts are probably met with teaming up and that faction being gangbanged, pirates and luddic cells also usually have most of the territory around the core so they probably gave up on exploration proper

I don't know I'm getting concerned the AI is learning from my "use their disabled/my disabled ships as defilade shields for missile carriers" trick. There are times it does something and I honestly go "wow that's actually a neat idea" even if 90% of the time I'm pretty sure its by accident.

Turning the Blackrock """""fuel tanker"""" into a high speed one-fleet PD unit is all me though. Those poor bastards don't know what to do when its fat fucking ass is floating in the firing line putting down entire carrier winds and missile salvos by itself.

One thing I hope the add is the ability to control more than one fleet at a time, and also letting you launch more fleets from your colonies to your location, controllable or not. You should be able to get backup if you're stuck at the edge of the sector.

Fuck Pathers and fuck the Hegemony

>Sent from my Tri-pad

The Hegemony didnt do anything
Aside from blowing up a couple Mayasuran ships but who cares about that?

What's the best mod faction and why is it BlackRock?

Playing as pirate is pretty fun but jesus fuck I cant get supply

They certainly have a lot of fun ships
The Nevermore alone makes them the best

>wait until pathers genocide an entire planet
>then move in to clean up the survivors
Fuck the H*gemony

>implying the hegemony knew or had a hand in that at all
Just a coincidence that made for a cool mission

Nexerelin has all of that, you can tell your fleets to follow you and they'll help you in battle and you can also send invasion fleets from your own to take colonys from enemy factions

They're -just- on the edge of overpowered bullshit to great utility. Until you see the fuel tanker with better utility than most vanilla fucking destroyers.

Alex said the AI tries to pick a decent target and then maneuver so that it puts other enemy ships behind that target in order to block shots and limit incoming fire.

There's a few areas I think the AI could use polishing on:
>Target selection and timing with missiles
>More aggression against relatively isolated high flux/venting targets
>Avoiding debris/rocks
>Using debris/rocks as temporary cover
>Using friendly ships that have better flux/armor as temporary cover
>Coordinating timing and firing / being aggressive with friendly ships when the AI wouldn't normally be aggressive otherwise

Wait, fucking wot? I have Nexerelin installed but did not know I could do that. Fuck, time to read the enclosed instruction book I guess, thanks user.

A (((coincidence))) indeed

>Accidentally jump into a distress call sector looking for a bounty
>It's an actual distress call, they need 40 fuel
>Take their dosh, fuck it I have lots of fuel anyways
>Salvage a derelict ship next to it
>40 fuel