Are multiplayer videogames good, in the grand scheme of things?

Are multiplayer videogames good, in the grand scheme of things?

Attached: stairway to heaven.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9G4lR2brwc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As good as any other

No

Yes. "AI" is boring.

hit and miss these days
DOTA 2 is ok but I miss the Xbox 360 online scene and online culture of the mid 2000s to early 2010s. At least with Halo MCC coming soon I can enjoy that again.

no, trannies/jews/women are RUINING them

Thank god that DOTA2 doesn't have that bullshit TOS crap
I call people niggers often in DOTA 2 and I have never gotten a ban or Low Prio

Are we sure?

Attached: stair mimic.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

>actual doubletake
kek

>I hate multiplayer games, it's not fair when I have to fight other players, I should only face AI designed to lose to me

Attached: 1566570597169.jpg (490x586, 19K)

what game

battlefield bad company 2

Pretty sure. Don't play shitty games.

>online culture of the mid 2000s to early 2010s
These HL2 mods from around that time are still active. Except Dystopia goes through dormant periods but still gets people playing occasionally.

Attached: zpspvk.jpg (388x550, 110K)

Arma 3 King of the Hill

Which is sort of like a bad TDM mode for ARMA 3 (a game that is terrible for TDM) that also is infested with cheaters

Attached: heli snoipin.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

this but unironically
it's a game, i'm supposed to enjoy it, why should i ever lose?

A lot of people use multiplayer games to have a "skill" that they develop and feel like they're making progress on and gaining competency in. Which is fine, but it'd probably be better to put that effort into something that will actually bring them money or a creative skill. It seems like it'd be better to use multiplayer games as more of a social and casual experience, you enjoy your time more doing that (partially because you play a lot less), and it doesn't eat up your life like competitive multiplayer games do to some people. This is coming from someone who has grinded multiplayer games for most of my life.

FPS is the worst PvP genre by far. Extremely easy to make undetectable cheats these days. I prefer fighting games.

youtube.com/watch?v=u9G4lR2brwc

Your argument is basically that there is no point in doing things you enjoy, you should only do things that are useful to others.

Not only is this a retarded philosophy that will cause you to kill yourself, I guarantee you are also a hypocrite.

Like it isn't easy as fuck to cheat in fighting games? Any retard can make a block/parry trigger. The only reason they don't get cheated as much is because they're confined to consoles, with all the other casual dead games.

Imagine wasting 60 usd just to play the same 5v5 match over and over again.

How do people cheat?

You missed the point. It's fine if all you want to do is grind a multiplayer game and you don't care about anything else, but the mindset that people have when they just grind a game to become as skilled as possible is generally not as enjoyable as taking a more social/casual approach with a variety of games. And if you want a skill to grind to feel competent, which is important for people to do, you'll probably get more out of developing a different skill.

Fighting games have a far better communities.

Arma 3 is an old game where you can get keys for a few bucks. So, any way under the sun, basically.

The most popular one is ESP, which is very valuable in these types of ultra low TTK ironsights games (similar to PUBG)

Attached: heli snoipin 2.webm (960x540, 2.84M)

FPS games
>europeans
>white americans
>slavs

Fighting games
>mexicans
>niggers
>white trash

When things go well, they go well. However, an eternal issue is when the classic player types clash. There's nothing like the feeling of wanting to butcher your own team for being retarded stoners who only turn the game on to burn the candle of life when you're trying to play the game as a competitive sport.

Multiplayer games are all made for hyper-casuals these days. Just look at modern FPS: they all have shittons of shields and barriers and other mechanics that basically exist to prevent bad players from dying. Which defeats the entire purpose of a game, the skill-check.

It's not like singleplayer games are much better though. These days, people even complain if an AI kills them (see: "Add Sekiro easymode!!!!!!!")

yes, it teaches gamers that they arent the main characters of the world

BongSmoker52 is the main character? Not me?

What are the chances that the next Arma doesn't have horrifically janky movement physics?

Attached: 1537392741578.jpg (708x822, 77K)

All of their games have always been buggy shit. I dunno why it would change.

Attached: fighting radical larry.webm (960x540, 2.77M)

Yeah, they're fun.

Attached: 1545682831751.jpg (265x200, 16K)

Tell me when ppl playing Goldeneye: Source stop playing ONLY BLOODY TEAM ARSENAL OH MY GOD ENOUGH