Things that Could've Been

Whether it be cut content, cancelled games, or snuffed concepts. Feel free to discuss your alternate timeline woes.
>Twelve Tales: Conker 64
>Dinosaur Planet instead of StarFox Adventures
>Rare continuing to work with Nintendo and the projects that would come
>Star Wars Battlefront III and Star Wars 1313
>Mega Man Legends III
>Original Fallout 3
>Original Epic Mickey
>Rayman 4
>Glover 2
>Paper Mario 3
>Studios EA has killed
>Studios Activision has killed
And dozens of other things you can discuss here. Personally I'm bummed about Rare not being bought by Nintendo. Grabbed by the Ghoulies could've released as a less linear game for the GameCube and we could've gotten things such as Donkey Kong Racing, Banjo-Threeie, a Conker Sequel, a Perfect Dark sequel, etc. But maybe Nintendo decided not to buy them due to sheer amount of projects they had going on, making it likely some were going to be canned anyway.

Attached: StarWars 1313.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PLngDsbm4Ps
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Van Buren could have been really cool
Also, Obsidian was working on an Alien RPG before that got canned. That could have been sweet. This was back in the New Vegas/Alpha Protocol days, too.

Silent Hills really bummed me out.

My only hope is that some of these concepts are revisited like how Mother 3 came back, or have other developers take inspiration from them seeing as there's still some unique experiences out there that people never got. Obviously some things are cut for a reason, not everything can or should try to find it's way in. But it's all the more bitter when something is so close only to be pulled out from under, like Glover 2 or Star Wars 1313. Glover 2 looks like it would've had an especially comfy hub world. Reminds me of early Conker 64 footage, I wish more games utilized this type of style or scenery. A lot of canned N64 and PS1 games seem to have this sort of vibe, it's a shame really.

Attached: Glover 2.jpg (640x480, 65K)

we were close to a world of darkness mmo, before ccp canned it and sold the ip off, a vampire mmo created by the eve online guys wouldve ensured the game was hardcore, and not hand-holdey theme park bullshit, what a shame

id post some screenshots but hiroshijew is a giant faggot who keeps ip rangebanning me for no fucking reason

Seems Obsidian gets the short end of stick a lot of times. Ironic that these big gigantic games studios or parent companies want to optimize the most amount of money they could make by using safe and popular properties designed to appeal to everyone by being shallow and dull when all it would take is to actually make a good game that a particular group of fans would love to see. Microsoft could've loads of money off Rare if they let them to work on any of their pre-established properties, but apparently it didn't suit the "current climate."

Attached: Aliens Crucible.jpg (350x263, 42K)

I'm not all that big into MMOs myself, but the setting looks like it would've been interesting. I don't usually see a lot of gothic horror games, or at least I have a hard time finding them. Looks like it would've been fun for it's aesthetics alone, the lore probably would've been great too.

>id post some screenshots but hiroshijew is a giant faggot who keeps ip rangebanning me for no fucking reason
Tell me about it. I'd be using other sites, but they're all dead or slow as molasses.

Attached: World of Darkness.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

>missing Silent Hills

Attached: 1561457287057.png (500x500, 178K)

youtu.be/PLngDsbm4Ps

:(

>A game under production at the same time as Batman Arkham
>Developers had the passion
>Publisher fucked up and produce had to cancel the project

>Another game in production at the same time as another Batman Arkham
>Developers had neat ideas for the game
>Overlords hates the character and cancel it
Defeat after defeat.

Attached: tumblr_nqzg55NGUG1rg2j3ko1_1280.jpg (1024x614, 139K)

Call of Duty: Roman Wars looked cool, if only because the premise was interesting

Never played the first one, would you be able to recommend it to someone who's not typically a fan of "anime-esque" games or even Mech games?
Although, looking at this trailer, I can understand the difficulties they would've had in developing this and why it possibly never came out. Looks like it would've been good to bring onto the PS3 though, but there's a lot going on there for a PS2 game, the trailer alone is sort of impressive for the hardware.

>no good superman games to this day
Life is suffer. Makes me wonder if Superman will only work as a concept.

Attached: superman has lost his will to live.gif (281x206, 155K)

Hard to say because I'm not adverse to anime games and I'm big fan of mecha. It's a charming game. There's also a music component. You join a band and change choose from a bunch of instruments each having its different rhythm minigame. You can swap out and customise your steambot and fight in the arena or you can swap it out for load carrying and dig rocks in the mines. You can be a real nice guy or be a total cunt to everyone around you. I only played through it last year, it sticks with you. I'm keen to play it again. You'll after about an hour if you're into the game or not.

Thought I had enough included in the OP anyway. The idea was to get people to actually discuss about these sorts of things, so of course, some were intentionally left out. Just like the games I suppose, so it's fitting.
Also I haven't played a Silent Hill game, so that sort of stuff wasn't fresh in my mind and I don't know what I'd be missing out on.

That model is from Injustice.

>Developers had neat ideas
well that's pretty much the way it goes, user. everyone's perfect vidya is in the head of some random ass developer; it's just that suits eventually make the decision on what's greenlit.
and that's a good thing; otherwise all games would be in the limbo that star citizen is in.

>it's just that suits eventually make the decision on what's greenlit.and that's a good thing
Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. It all depends on the situation. If the developers are incompetent or are obviously biting off more than they can chew, yes, there needs to be someone who can sort them into shape. If they're being denied because "there isn't a climate for these types of games" or "this wouldn't fit our brand" then the situation needs to be reassessed. Yes, sometimes developers decide to make games that obviously wouldn't sell, but it's never because of the "climate." There will always be a niche for any type of game and most of it comes down to marketing anyway.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I'm just sad that I'm somewhat of an AAA addict, and the studios that are in that tier occasionally make the games that I want. there might be a smaller studio, working on a smaller game that fits my bill, but it will never have the look or polish of the game coming from a big publisher
it hurts, but i'm becoming a zoomer at heart. I can't have

I can't just go and have fun with a quake 3 dragon ball mod anymore, knowing bigger shit is out there.

>AAA studios are making games that you want

Attached: 1438287537045.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

pour one out for all the wasted (better than the final version) character concept art

Attached: Hibana_concept_designs.jpg (1920x1309, 481K)

i've given up wishing for specific type of games. over 20 years of doing that has brought me nothing but disappointment.
I just play what comes out and judge that in the spectrum of what's already out.

Timesplitters 4 (although, strangely, there is now a possibility of an even better followup than it would have been)

________Spore_______