Raytracing is a me-

>raytracing is a me-

Attached: wd legion.webm (1280x720, 2.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ywVDGJ4FFec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

-me

>tree and bollard on the left not reflected
Great meme.

Watch Dogs 1 & 2 stuttered like shit with their clunky engine - how in the fuck is it gonna handle ray tracing

It's still doesn't look like real life, what's exactly's missing?

Ray tracing is too much of a good thing. The reflections went from too little to too much.

Also fuck nvidia

no real fluent movement / frame rates.

almost identical result as screen space reflections, except requires infinitely more resources

no thank you

Every new game with raytracing is going to be raining with huge puddles

It's Ubisoft games that are a meme, not RTX

Attached: 1565060310840.jpg (807x654, 84K)

you dont know what reflections look like

>720p
Woah, so THIS...is the power of Nvidia™ RTX©-brand raytracing, damn....

Raytracing is amazing.

The hardware support for it on the other hand is not yet. Its a cool gen of GPUs but its a lot of new tech that doesn't feel ready yet. But that is always the case.

Attached: 1448293677429.gif (320x214, 1.3M)

>what is filesize and bitrate

Attached: 1532737713513.jpg (842x792, 33K)

He’s sort of right, the issue isn’t the reflection, the issue is the water looks like it has no transparency which it needs slightly

-xican

This looks like a slightly improved screen space reflection. Also lmao. Can't see this impacting visuals in day light or in areas without enough reflecting surfaces. It is rendered completely useless in games like Doom.

>raytracing
Looks neat.
I just wish as much focus as graphics are getting would be also aimed at game play improvement.
But I guess that doesn't translate well into LOOK AT THOSE ADVERT SHOTS / VIDS.

ok

Attached: 30789864703_6ca6a6586d_k.jpg (2048x1365, 360K)

Attached: cancer faces.png (900x900, 81K)

You already have literally 95% of the PC gaming market. There is no need for you to keep making these paid shill threads.

Looks like cyberpunk kino is on the menu.

what ps3 game is this?

>It is rendered completely useless in games like Doom.
Good thing that games like DOOM use the raytracing for GI then

That's only in perfect conditions with a still image

ok

Attached: marina-bay-puddle-reflection-night-photography-singapore.jpg (960x640, 363K)

Reflections on shallow puddles don't look this good irl. The water here looks like a mirror. However it'd be pretty interesting to see of the reflections are impacted by water physics. If not then this is a useless gimmick.

post the real version

Attached: actually ingame.webm (1280x720, 1.92M)

/thread

Cubemaps are good enough. The thing about reflections is, to be convincing they simply have to have the effect of reflecting things. No real-time reflections are worth the performance hit. They don't provide enough visual appeal worth cutting other assets or graphical tricks. If the game requires reflections as part of its gameplay(other than just gimmick), then okay. Also, I'm ignoring the global illumination side of the argument.

Right now, the hit you will take in performance would be better spent elsewhere. Real time raytracing would be better spent as an addition to older games. Not all, but some.

Yeah you can see it here, the transparency changes the colour of the reflection, like I said he’s “sort” of right. I think ray tracing is amazing user I’m not against it at all, I was watching a video of minecraft where they showed it naturally produced camera obscura with no involvement from the developer

That neon reflection on the car looks very spicy.

They took machine learning ideas that could be used to improve AI in games and instead used it on fucking grafix

Of course it's a fucking meme

That's the "real" version for 1080 Ti or lower owners.

Attached: wd legion2.webm (1280x720, 2.47M)

This shit does nothing for gameplay. When I get out of the car and have a 15fps firefight, I'm not going to be thinking "Wow, I like how my car is reflecting my gunshots"

get a better gpu then

Jesus Christ I don’t even have rtx and I can see how much of a leap forward in graphics this is, you amd fags are seething

2080ti is a $1200 GPU that can't even get 60 FPS at 4K or 144 FPS at 1080p if raytracing is enabled. If you're buying a $1200 GPU and pairing it with a 1080p60Hz monitor you're retarded.

they just downgrade it again after you preorder it

Not arguments.

We don't need fucking leaps in graphics. We still got AI that are retarded, quests that don't go beyond fetching and killing, stories that amount to you being the chosen one, and worlds that are static in both their direct physical interactivity and their inability to be affected by choices the player makes.

Take your real-time reflections and shove em up your ass you easily amused drooling retards.

it would be a meme if anyone cared enough about it, nobody does.

stop using 4c CPU.

Damn, this almost looks as good as Watch Dogs 1's Alpha.

to be fair ubi been doing well recent couple years, they learned a bit

youtube.com/watch?v=ywVDGJ4FFec

double edged sword, for example in this zombie game it looks like shit, like i'm back in late 00s again when everything was shiny and blooming

Nice but I'm going to wait a few gens and lets the early adopters beta test and drive the price down before I buy a new card.

>perfect conditions with a still image again
ok?

>not arguments
No one was arguing with you dumbass your point was pointless design and programming are two completely different jobs

fpbp

FUCKING THANK YOU

Good thing they had the indicator for when RTX was on or off, because I wasn't able to actively tell otherwise. And no, I don't mean I can't tell the difference. I mean if you're not actively looking at reflective surfaces - rather just looking at the regular gameplay footage - you aren't going to notice a huge difference. But I bet that huge frame drop you'll notice.

it's almost like different parts of gaming advance at different paces
you can't say "hey graphics guys stop advancing so fast our AI is still shit, we need to wait for half of the world to stop using 4c4t CPUs"

>that can't even get 60 FPS at 4K
well what the fuck did you expect? that raytracing is just like turning on FXAA or SMAA?
a 2080 ti with raytracing on has nearly the same framerate as a 1080 ti at 4k

>shitty low budget WWZ copy from Tencent has bad graphics

it isnt raining in the webm and theres no wind why would the puddle not reflect whats 2 metres above it?

>that raytracing is just like turning on FXAA or SMAA?
it's exactly like that actually, un 5 years it will be on same level as AO now.

well, it doesn't "just work" then, does it?

never gonna trust a pre-released gameplay footage from Ubisoft!

light diffusion inside water will make puddle semi transparent, at least on surface
for now it looks a little like mercury, it just needs tuning to materials more than one kind of water
it's not hard to do, but knowing nvidia history with gameworks they never update these things

you are delusional if you think that
raytracing, especially when its going to be fully implemented is going to be WAY more taxing than adding a little black shadow around an object

no they didn't
fuck off shill

The graphics portion of game development is a big source of the costs. We go through generations of consoles for the graphics. Developers spend millions for the advancement of graphics.

Now consider for a moment they spent millions of dollars towards other programming. There's a reason most people still play one of their favorite games from years ago, and I'll tell you right now it's not because of the graphics. Art direction and overall feel, maybe, but not realistic graphics. I'd rather have last generation graphics with better gameplay. That's worth the development costs. Games like Perfect Dark still hold up because they offered much more in terms of gameplay and replayability. When you'd shoot a guard he'd react. Shoot a pistol out of his hand he might surrender. Shoot him in the crotch he'd reach down and cry in pain. Dozens of weapons all with secondary functions. Today's FPSs? A lame flinch from a bullet sponge enemy and a total of 5 guns.

Again, it all comes down to money. If they are spending money on implementation of cutting edge graphics they are not spending money on code monkeys making the game more interactive.

fpbp as always
When will op learn

>light diffusion inside water will make puddle semi transparent

Attached: image642__880.jpg (880x880, 258K)

>especially when its going to be fully implemented
fully ray traced engines not happening for another 30 years.

That's infusion

Look again user, it has the slightest transparency, you can see the road through the reflected sky, also the colours are slightly different

Ok, but the improvement of graphics doesn't hinder AI in the slightest. If anything, better graphics means better gpus with more parallel processing power that can speed up learning algorithms

>be me
>own $1300 GPU
>already bored with RTX

Just wait until PS5 gets it's first RTX game mid-cycle in 3 years and all the babs go basedjak

Attached: 6666.jpg (5096x1424, 1.55M)

so you mean just like in ops webm because im able to see the through it

Attached: ad7b3abc661a07707c11f8cab199c847.jpg (996x645, 235K)

Raytracing has no negative effect on development costs, probably even has a positive effect as it's objectively much simpler than the various rasterisation hacks.
The only big cost there is hardware, and the spenders there are AMD and Nvidia, not game devs.

With AI the big problem atm is making AI that's competent but also "realistic", not an AI that's just competent. If you make AI abuse game mechanics and act like a player(which is what deep learning AI would get you) it's just not going to fit into a SP game.

No shit

Why? I have played games that are way more prettier and didn't stutter running on 4 cores. Their engine is shit

Where's the off vs on comparison in your webm, faggot? How am I supposed to tell if it's a meme or not?

Why would they downgrade a PC exclusive feature for consoles?

RTX meme should die. Every new game gonna look like a fucking global flood just happend.

here you go
a typical watch dogs window reflection

Attached: 916bea0b67b178f5a8a679aea1abecdf.jpg (1351x1936, 905K)

>open world game has different type of weather
>wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Puddles dont reflect like that in real life

>Look at those awesome watchdogs graphics
>flashbacks from the trailers of the first one
>what is vertical slice

Attached: 1398439271602.jpg (400x616, 197K)

Ubisoft has a history of doing very pretty vertical slices that almost always are downgraded. I will believe it if it will look this good on finished product.

Because it's going to run so terribly that they'll end up dummying out the high graphics options and rename the medium preset "Ultra".
Then drones are going to claim the game has good optimisation.

Yes, it should have different types of weather, but all there is is a one type of fucking puddle scattered around the street to sell shitty technology.

Attached: 123.jpg (2047x1171, 442K)

Ray-tracing isn't going to go away no matter how much Yea Forums likes to pretend it will. AMD is adding tit to the next gen consoles and then we'll probably see tray-tracing AMD cards too.
If anything get ready to see MORE ray-tracing next gen and it'll be why many games will run like shit on consoles with no options to disable it. 60FPS? Who needs that when this puddle and window has reflections at well under 60FPS!

>literally light streaks on the right from longer exposure specifically configured to stack saturation
imagine being this much of a fucking retard

wow i can't wait till all my videogames looks hyper detailed and readability is completely fucked

>people are actually falling for Ubisoft's graphics preview lies again
Please tell me you aren't that gullible Yea Forums?

Lack of true shadows.

But it's an Nvidia setting. So far it hasnt been downgraded

Just what is the difference between these two?

you know the game is on console
i doubt theyre completely changing the look of the game just so %1 of pc players can have fun with it

even and uneven surfaces

Based. If I wanted to look at reflections I would go outside. It all becomes tiresome when you need to "disarm bomb#44" again.

Attached: C4E49F36-8472-4A96-BAAB-9D1F972FC757.jpg (1080x1080, 69K)

>durrrr who wants to look
video games are a visual media, you look at it whether you want or not and id rather look at something that doesnt make my eyes vomit

Attached: 20190714185539_1.jpg (3840x2160, 2.21M)

I see a Niofag of great taste.

Waiting for based Crytek to save the graphics in gaming once again

Attached: raytracing_cryengine.webm (994x560, 2.93M)

There's more to aesthetics than simply making a poor copy of reality. Even "realistic" painters didn't do that, but frequently stylized human bodies or painted unnatural colors. I'm sorry, but if the best an artist can come up with is boring, stale "Marvel aesthetic" - which is so common nowadays you could put most enemies from the new god of war in an Avengers film and no one would notice - he should push himself more. On the other hand this is because companies know they have secure profits from this shit, so it isn't like the blame can be put on artists themselves.

Attached: Cole_Thomas_Romantic_Landscape_with_Ruined_Tower_1832-36.jpg (1000x792, 254K)

95% of western games are trying to be realistic user

have you seen the reflections in Hunt? yikes

Attached: 20190824224347_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.95M)

Please tell me what raytraced reflections are good for other than
>cars
>mirrors
>puddles

jesus christ, who gives a shit. Raytracing is far more promising as a replacement to ambient occlusion which really sucks right now. For some reason nobody cares about that though?

Raytracing isn't a meme. RTX is a meme.

Didn't their best engine devs move to idSoftware?

You speak as if a game would have RTX, it must lack in other respects. That's a shitty logic right there.

This is not what your eyes will see when at the exact same position, this is a photo xD?

>For some reason nobody cares about that though?
Control has it

Raytracing is going to be great in a proper stalking monster horror game where you see it in reflections tracking you.
Alien Isolation 2 please

Now you can play as a nigger with a rat tail with better reflections.

Get out more. Or move in a less polluted shithole where water pools aren't all covered in a film of oil.

Then wait for raytracing to be implemented properly in newer generation cards from a software point of view (both by AMD and nvidia) instead of present jewvidia "dedicated RTX cores" meme.

Its called hardware becoming outdated you mongoloid. Games need more cores now, more shit to do.

>cpu
>grafix
cpus are not for pushing more polygons or post-processing effects.

That tree is obviously a vampire.

In ny whole entire life i have never seen a puddle that looked like this you disingenuous fuck, all these pics are fake

>clearly puddles
>walk over them like it was fucking jello or something

what a fucking mem

the game is gonna look 10 times worse on launch, regardless

>just play at 1080p 40 fps bro
>that'll be 600$ for a mid range card no refunds goy

not that gif sure is wacky and random

didn't they render this on a basic bitch amd model?

Not this shit again....

>rainpuddles are perfect mirrors

rofl

and still it looks fake. style > realism

trannytracing*

And the billboard? Why it's simply swamp gas.

I thought they were going for the "London has become shit and is burning" thing, why would you use raytracing to pretty up a city that's intentionally shit

, Mario!

based fpbp-er

>reflection is VISIBLY DARKER

Shit son, do you not know how mirrors work? Or are they just dirty as shit in your house?

>all of this can be done without raytracing and better

Transline Dilatorithms.

Ray tracing will be very nice in 5-10 years when PCs can use it without chugging the frame rate... of course, by then barely any games will use it because the consoles won't be able to handle it properly so Devs won't be including it.

It's the same every generation.

>DUHHHH GAMES NEED TO IMITATE REAL LIFE IN EVERY WAY

Next gen consoles will probably do ray-tracing just fine.

you're right
at 30fps
who's ready for another gen of shit framerate ?

>Next gen consoles will probably do ray-tracing
Heh

You're not hyped for Bloodborne 2 with ray-traced puddles?

It's only a meme because you can't afford it

Attached: egglaff.gif (240x257, 673K)

i'm hyped to shoot up sony's headquarters

>take control of muslim in watchdogs 3
>jump on a transport drone
>fly to a rooftop
>jump off
>switch back to a white bloke and do the mocking laugh emote
This game gonna be fun

Attached: 1566597701869.png (300x289, 155K)

>livestream it on twitch
>get permanently banned for hateful behavior

That absolutely canned dog shit walk animations is all I see

>streaming

More gaytracing your outline homo

Why, yes, I also enjoy playing PC games at 25 fps.

>Motorcycle parked on the street
>In London

I thought this was meant to be a Dystopian version of London?
I would love to be able to keep my bike parked on the street, instead of having to pay for "secure parking"

you don't understand how rtx works retard

sorry we're not nvidia marketing department

Why have good graphics if the character is a nigger?

>2006
>everything is grey
>2019
>everything is wet

I hate this industry and its faggot fans

>2006
>everything is grey
>2019
>everything is gay
ftfy

It's a weather, it won't always be wet you retarded autist

No one talking about the npc walking into the trash and sliding around it.
>Ubisoft in 2019

Consoles can't even into anti-aliasing right to this day. It's fucked, jim.

even worse, they still can't into anisotropic filtering

One ray per pixel at 20fps, 720p, reflections/shadows only is a meme. We won't have full path tracing in anything beyond Minecraft for years.

-diocre gimmick that will quickly be forgotten just like every proprietary Nvidia tech

Because that npc doesn't even touch the trash, he just walks past it. He isn't even aligned with the trash he just walks in a straight line and doesn't touch it. Are you blind?

He's right. The collision volume is larger than the actual trashbag, you can clearly see him slide around it.

OP said raytracing not RTX, lol if you think this about raytracing

>not having an RTX 2080 Ti

Attached: 1425272716526.jpg (313x286, 26K)

Some people are willing to have a lower framerate in exchange for cutting edge graphics. Crazy right?

>if you don't have the same priorities as me you're retarded
I rather have 1440p 60fps with nice reflections and lighting than 4k or 144fps with shitty reflections and lighting

>Are you blind?
are you? he's clearly being "pushed" by the trash bags

looks similar to me, the op webm has tons of shit not reflcted also

>muh camera literally on the ground

>looks similar to me
someone post the webm

>nigger has no reflection
>that SSAO
>that fake character lighting

she does you blind mong

noooooooooooooo delete this right now rtx is meme, please :'(

>car door explodes open
>nigger flies out in 2 frames
WOW NEXT GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

It doesn't look more realistic with trannies on the screen.

just noticed that lmfao what a disaster, MUH REALISM

It's saints row tier lol
I don't know why ass creed has pretty good animations but watch dogs always had garbage animations

The arm looks kind of broken too when the door gets closed.

The only people who think raytracing is a meme or a gimmick don't understand how 3d rendering works or has worked for a long time.

Raytracing is litterally the main thing that allows CGI movies and shit to look better then games. You can critizie that at this stage using real time raytracing in games isn't worth the performance cost but it's amazing we can do it at all now; asserting that the technique itself is a gimmick shows you don't know jack shit.

Why did you bother replying to my hours old post you fucking faggot

This, all graphics are a meme.

she spins into the animation inside the car fucking kek

>Raytracing is litterally the main thing that allows CGI movies and shit to look better then games
>not the fact that they're pre-rendered
I'm pretty sure games could look like real life too without raytracing if they could be rendered at 1 frame per minute

-aningless visual gimmick.

> at this stage using real time raytracing in games isn't worth the performance cost
when will it ever be worth the performance cost by adding something to the game that enhances it instead of just prettying it up?

I think someone doesn't understand what gimmick or meme is.
Raytracing presented to us right now is a fancy new effect - an eye candy to make you pay for new GPU. It doesn't revolutionize anything, it doesn't replace old ways of rendering entirely - it installs itself upon them, to create nice reflections you won't notice 30 minutes into game.

>realism garbage
call me when the west makes proper cell shading anime waifus I can fuck.

Attached: 307.jpg (680x591, 34K)

>it doesn't replace old ways of rendering entirely
does in minecraft

This man knows what he’s talking about. I’m tired of the same NEW GAME IS SAME GAME BUT WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO PLOT. Stop making shit simpler for mass appeal and innovate within the medium you have (and fuck VR).

>zoomies zooming to cartoon garbage Fortnite
>h-here's raytracing young zooms wanted!
What a disaster.

I have a 2080ti, which I bought because of its standard graphics performance and I was building a new rig anyway, it's also worth noting the 1080ti became desperately hard to find making prices skyrocket. I knew RTX was a gimmick and what I've seen is bearing that out.

Quake RTX is unplayable with RTX and 150% res scale, unless you drop to 1360x768. Shadow of the tomb raider just puts dancing shadows all over the place, making the game genuinely hard to play because you can barely see half the time. The cost of this already darker and worse experience is a 55-65 frame rate.

They didn't put themselves in the mind of someone actually trying to play a game. I don't want a "feature" that effectively hides things I need to see from view because of realistic shadow effects. RTX has useful applications, but real time gaming isn't one of them unless you're playing a walking simulator.

>and fuck VR
fuck you buddy

>Quake RTX is unplayable with RTX and 150% res scale
Runs fine at 1440p with GI set to medium.

-nace

Attached: jjj.png (472x440, 312K)

>I don't want a "feature" that effectively hides things I need to see from view because of realistic shadow effects
alright so you don't want good shadows, but you don't want good reflections either?

/thread

based

We can have all those and reflections, AI and quests aren't GPU bound effects.

Pretty damn based and insightpilled.

-me and it's gonna ruin another fucking generation of consoles with shitty framerates for muh reflections.

cringe

truth

Mass reply chains should lead to an autoban.

mad that you got put on the cringe list

>and fuck VR
t, brainlet

imagine making shitty posts talking about how jaded you are of gaming like anyone cares, and immediately afterwards cursing the only actually innovative, new thing with potental in gaming in the past 15 years

In VR you have everything from gameplay-focused games with simplistic graphics to hyper-realistic "looking at scenery" sims so I don't know that the fuck you even have to complain about other than
>noooo I don't wanna spend money for VR!!!

>how much of a leap forward in graphics this is
Can I just say that Forza Horizon 4 looks more realistic than this on PC, and it has pretty good reflections, and it doesn't have RTX, and it was released a while ago?

Is it worth getting an Nvidia gpu with a ryzen cpu?

Can you prove it though? I am positive that in a fair comparison, something in motion like in the OP but not too fast to see, the reflections will prove to actually be complete trash next to raytraced ones.

>watch dogs 3: false marketing returns

Raytracing isn't just used for reflections you retarded brainlet.
>hurrrr why next gen have better graphic!!! MUH FRAMESZZZ!
Framerate depends on the devs and publishers anyway, they could do 60FPS on current gen if they wanted to but they prefer visuals because they're more marketable to normies.

Attached: images (4).png (225x225, 17K)

I love you user

you're unfired

Does rtx turn your character into a nigger?

Depth perception

seethe more
you fell for a meme you dumb normalfag faggot nvidia buying dumb motherfucker