Please tell me

Please tell me,
"An action game more interesting than Monster Hunter".

Attached: images - 2019-08-25T152508.734.jpg (640x360, 60K)

The undisputed GOAT.

Attached: Ninja Gaiden Black Combat.webm (852x480, 2.88M)

MH always put me to sleep. It's the only action game I can't play, it's just so boring.

Attached: blood.webm (752x568, 2.15M)

Odin Sphere Lefriashtiaigirgaushiwitz

the fuck does “interesting” even mean that’s such a loaded term

Does this have the Berserker armor?

MH is an action game? I thought it was a running simulator

An action game more interesting than Monster Hunter

Attached: realistic combat.webm (752x568, 2.63M)

I can't.

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180211150304.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

I thought it was a waifu dressup simulator

I have a boner

I've been told that game is shit but that looks kino.

if your waifu is a cat then yeah, its the best one

conceptually the game is pretty amazing. While other devs strive for realism, capcom was like we can have big ass dinosaurs.

>"An action game more interesting than Monster Hunter".
I got you covered bro.
>Severance:Blade of Darkness
>Rune
>Soul Reaver 2
>The Saboteur
>MDK2
>Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time
>Enclave
>Messiah

It's a bt boring due to the level and enemy design but everything else is top notch.

Attached: unzips armor.webm (400x300, 2.48M)

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180410132001.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

DMC4 still takes the top spot for action games and replayability. But the gap between it and other key action titles is pretty small. Ninja Gaiden and other action games that strive more for difficulty than creativity deseve their credit since they're much more polished. DMC only wins because it's insanely fun and creative, while allowing challenges.

Attached: boomer may cri.jpg (828x700, 126K)

I can't

Attached: 1562841462235.png (1880x1058, 3.88M)

Any of them. Capcom games are awful
Can you emulate this?

Dragon's Dogma

I keep forgetting how old Berserk is. I only got caught up about a year and a half ago, and even stuff that was fresh in my head was decades old. Like that bit there with Slan was apparently from 2003.

Attached: W5.png (1133x1600, 998K)

>Tfw the only monster you ever get a semi decent kill screen with is the one who you dislike fighting the most
>Would rather waste 100 MBB farming extrememoth then fight AT & T lunastra again

Attached: X40Y3JK.png (840x473, 714K)

Too much damage required per enemy. Looks like a spamfest

>I need to press the attack button constantly or else i fall asleep

Attached: 1b77pc4c2cl21.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

MH has slow animations and autistic enemies, it's extremely boring to play because most of the time you are waiting.

I know this will trigger MH babbies but i dont care, you will only take offense if you have the mental age of a child.
To be fair even old school God of War did fights against huge things better, the fights in MH are great but they are a bit formulaic and rely excessively on monster knowledge.
Well crafted bosses with varied engagement forms and interactions > Large enemies with 'realistic' difficulty.

>He only wants to mash attack and never think about where

Attached: 1537645181143.png (800x949, 356K)

Dragons Dogma.

You just don't see how a boring game is boring. I love deliberate games but MH feels like garbage to play.

MH is by far the most engaging, intuitive, non-clunky, skill based, fluid animation combat system in any arpg. period. Anyone who disagrees is used to games like dynasty warriors where it's just mindless spamming.

Wrong.

maybe 10 years ago MH was.

An action game more interesting than Monster Hunter

This is bait right? Or MH is the only game you've played?
No one who actually plays games that takes skill thinks this

Nioh, Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma each blow it out of the water
Hell, even DMC3 and MGR do

you're braindead, name a single other game with a combat system that has even a quarter of the depth. Not even Dark souls, Dark souls has zero combos, all the attacks are pre-tied to their inputs

give me an example

Raystorm

bad bait but thanks for the laugh

so you're wrong and can't provide one? easy win

top fucking kek

I don't like MH or DW games. They're actually trash.

>MH puts me to sleep
>posts a musou

Attached: 1566678794925.jpg (400x800, 116K)

all these games have actions that are predetermined, no combos allowed, maybe Sekiro though, otherwise the depth MH has per weapon type is huge in comparison

Any other monster hunter besides the one in your pic

That game isn't a musou, it's a Guts simulator and I'm a big fan of Guts. Notice the incredible animations and cool dismemberment. It's not a good game but it's worth playing.

MH has fewer merits.

Attached: berserk .webm (752x568, 2.4M)

Well MH is just not, it's one of those "I tried to fight the first boss and couldnt figure out the controls, therefore it's bad" type of scenarios

I'm as big of a Berserk fan as the next guy, but this game is just another warriors clone

shit bait
only the new weapons have ANY depth at all in MH i.e. insect glaive and charge blade and even those are complete fucking baby tier to something like Nioh or MGR; MH is literally made for braindead people who just want to grind like koreans

is this bait or ignorance?

Attached: 1566153370872.jpg (960x983, 151K)

>Capcom games are awful
Oh wow, all of them?
What an insight. How do i become as smart as you?

Why 4 and not 5

The art direction of MH has always been a major turn-off for me. Seems like the prototype of all bad JRPG tropes: fuckhueg weapons, overdesigned monsters, armors with 20 belts, lotsa grinding. I'll stick with dark souls, and platinum games thank you

Yes all of them

2009 Monster Hunter is more interesting 2019 Monster Hunter.

Attached: fune bird.gif (169x129, 696K)

Warriors games don't have good animations or linear levels with challenging boss fights(might be wrong on that last point idk).

There's just no flow. I get the appeal but I actually like non-trash animations.

Yeah. Because Dark souls doesn't have retarded armor, giant weapons and monsters.
I mean, Dark souls is not a JRPG at all, right?
You don't seem very bright.

How so?

Casca is so cute, I haven't read Berserk but I know a lot of the stuff that happens to her and it's sad

Play them and you'll understand
The fact this board thinks DMC 3 is a masterpiece shows you how little they know about games

etard

prove it

I mean yeah World is a really good action game.

But every other monster hunter is extremely hard to get into with clunky combat.

I only like them because I have a severe case of austism that makes me enjoy games with an unnecessarily large monster pool. IE: Generation/Freedom

Attached: 45ssaxq4.jpg (1179x760, 61K)

>he thinks Yea Forums is one person
>he thinks capcom can only amount to bad games
only a nintensoy deals in absolutes

I played almost all of capcom games.
They're generally pretty good.
I'm just curious of why you think they're all bad.
Tell me. Why do you think that Dragon's Dogma and Megaman are bad?

You are partly right. HOWEVER, I think DS design is leagues ahead. Some bosses or armors are just so nice-looking, interesting and memorable. MH on the other hand is final fantasy tier. 90% of the enemy are some kind of scaly lizard?? All weapons are twice the size of the player character? No really, I am sorry, but no thanks.

>no Inertia
>no Turbo
>Boomer Dante
>no gothic imagery
>less humanoid boss fights (aka boring)
>those Yurizen Bullet Hell fights
>Yurizen (Your Reason) xD
>YOU HAVE TO PLAY AS V

You can disregard everything before that last one, and it would still triumph all arguments. V was the worse addition to DMC ever. He's a throwaway character that will never be seen again in any gameplay sense. His inclusion simply broke the pace of the game and forced people to trek through some of the most boring gameplay the DMC series has ever offered. V was beyond a disappointment and Capcom should be ashamed for even thinking his segments were acceptable.
But damn, DMCV has the best Nero

Attached: 1527165907601.gif (320x287, 982K)

>Complains about FF tier monsters.
>Doesn't remember fighting anime wolf with sword, Crystal Tentacle dragon and the Knight who uses a big sword who'm is corrupted by "Muh Darkness". The list goes one
>Lmao Red Eyes Black Dragon makes an appearance.

Attached: chris.jpg (799x600, 125K)

try playing more than the tutorial, i would be offended if my game didn't have animations like MH. Dark Souls, Dragons Dogma, and Monster Hunter all take queues from the same animation principle where the weapons pause for a slight second on cantact to create an impactful feeling, if you think MH animations are bad you're 100% baiting

>DMC V has the best Nero

Fuck yeah.

Attached: 1404926704752.jpg (432x585, 102K)

DS is way closer to generic fantasy designs than MH.
I don't know what you're talking about.

>90% of the enemy are some kind of scaly lizard?
No, not really.

There's no flow between them because the developers like that slow and animation locked garbage that is the clunky MH series.

>Megaman
Lmao look at 2, all that needs to be said
>Dragons Dogma
Unfinished garbage
Capcom games are shallow and the company is extremely exploitative, why people keep praising them is beyond me

easy

Attached: meme ender.jpg (1024x576, 113K)

>Lmao look at 2
?
>Capcom games are shallow
Have you ever played them?

ok we get it, you're bad at the game. Go back to you're spammy hack and slash DMC

Mega Man 2 came out in the fucking 80s

thats not mario tennis, you fucked up

>spamming buttons and button time events
>more interesting

4g and 2g are much better than world

>blackout drunk AT nergigante runs
>dodge EVERY SINGLE roar but die 3 times anyway
>normal AT nergigante runs
>get hit by every single roar but actually finish the hunt
explain this

Attached: 1556078094699.jpg (255x301, 67K)

To be fair, MH does have dogshit art direction. It has like 100 armor sets and only a handful of good looking ones. Pukei, Hunter, Jagras, Anja, Rathian and Rathalos. That's pretty much it, the rest is crap.

And many of them aren't simply just poor looking, but also inconsistent. When you walk around the game's NPCs in armors like Nergigante, Kaiser, Empress, Xenojiiva, Death Stench, Girros, Legiana, Radobaan, Vaal Hazak etc. you look like you walked in from a different game entirely, like it's some shitty crossover thing.

Give me one (1) example of a combo that has some advantage over another combo using the same weapon.

Depends on what kind of action. MH leans more towards the traditional action game along with From Games and others. In that case it's fine. When it comes to fast paced action it loses hard to DMC, Bayo and those kinds. I can only play MH with friends, otherwise I don't give it a second thought.

Of course I remember them because they are well designed and interesting
>using Artorias as a negative example
Please tell me 1 (one) example of a MH boss fight that as good as Artorias. By that I mean: It has visual story telling and an emotional componant in addition to being a enjoyable challenge. You see when you fight Artorias, you actually have heard a lot about him and it is areal subversion of expectations to see him mad and succumbed to darkness. What does Monster Hunter have? Fight this Monster because.... Oh I guess you have to collect 5 more of the item he drops.

>Not remembering that every monster hunter had this issue
>Liking the pukei pukei and Anja sets

bruh every set in every game went from bunny girl to secret alien warrior assassin. If anything MHW is one of the more tame games in that regard

Attached: 1403855473618s.jpg (250x240, 7K)

Yes unfortunately I have, my idiot friends think the only coop games that exist are MH

I always took it as a sign of primitive society that still didn't develop any form of fashion. You wear what you hunt.

Explain why Artorias's fight having some set dressing makes direct comparisons between the quality of the battles themselves from a gameplay standpoint irrelevant first.

I haven't played the games though, they put me to sleep.

>well designed and interesting
Moving goalposts. We were talking about anime-tier art direction.
>MH boss fight that as good as Artorias.
White Fatalis. That one sentient Elder Dragon who has a compelling motives for destroying human civilization. You would know about it if you actually played MH, read dialogues and some lore.
>subversion of expectations
oh boy
>What does Monster Hunter have?
Artificial Dragon Weapon.

Gas everyone in this thread.

What would you have them play instead?

I don't have to, because I believe you when you say MH has good gameplay. My point of criticism has been about the setting and aesthetics all along.

>Artificial Dragon Weapon.
Do you mean the equal dragon weapon? Something that only exists in an artbook?

LOL
>Dire Moralis
>Nergigante
>EVERY FATALIS
>Dalamadur(Literally considered to be a God of MH world)

Bruh please

I could even get into the Fatalis who had near human like intelligence that ended up hunting the hunters and wearing them as armor due because his disgust with humans as a whole.

>playing co-op
Also God Eater is trillion times better and has greater combat than MH will ever have, has better story, and most importantly has cute girls.

Don't forget his armor which slowly turns you insane.

Attached: 1560077679740.gif (203x209, 870K)

>God Eater is trillion times better and has greater combat than MH will ever have

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

Yeah :(

Show me some webms, I've been looking for something like MH but better

Ok guys, thank you for that. My posts were intentionally written in a provocative manner. I apologize for that. Your replies actually made me reconsider getting into MH. Clearly there seems to be some kind of interesting worldbuilding going on there, which I was unaware off.

That doesn't make much sense when the NPCs all look fine next to each other.

But, like, npc are basically a different race of people are they not?
We have Wyverians, basic humans, some kind of dwarf people and the descendants of the genetically modified EDF (hunters).

Yeah, and none of them look like a space marine or death from darksiders.