I've never seen such salty smelly manchildren after a loss

Attached: 0.jpg (1280x1120, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18535061/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/melee/type/op/
gamerankings.com/search.html?search=smash bros&site=
metacritic.com/search/game/super smash bros/results?sort=score
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the worst by far, because so few adults are playing it. Basically just, as you said, manchildren and teens who don't know how to behave.

strawpoll.me/18535061/

Attached: average.jpg (750x484, 107K)

No, the reality is we keep to ourselves and cherish our game, while Ultimate/whatever the newest title's game's fanbase is seething that we don't move on to the newest title.

>we keep to ourselves

Attached: 1426190483350.gif (300x225, 1.99M)

>Is there a worse fanbase?
Drop the melee, Smash fanbase should be treated as one entity full of smelly losers, trannies and pedophiles.

why does this game live rent fucking free

>we keep to ourselves

Attached: 1566169657607.png (332x352, 53K)

Why are you spamming your terrible strawpoll everywhere? I clicked on it and it isn't even Smash related.

go drink some bleach, shit for brains

irl fanbase is fine, people at locals are chill 99.9% of the time in my experience. People are dum on twitter tho

honestly pretty tired of the "hurr durr melee smells" circlejerk from people who havent even been to tournaments

>make a thread all about how you hate Melee
>w-what the fuck bros those Melee guys won't leave us alone!

>come into a thread about melee fanbase being shit
>NOOOO they're making fun of us I'll tell them that we're the good guys!
Nice job keeping to yourselves.
Also check the IP count.

>spend the last literal decade and a half shitting on anyone enjoying any Smash game that isn't Melee
>W-WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE US WE ARE GOOD BOYS THAT DIDN'T DO NUFFIN

why would people not defend themselves when theyre getting shittalked lol

We aren't the ones who flood the catalog with the same fucking thread every single time there's a nintendo direct, spam crying wojaks of deconfirmed smash characters, shitpost constantly in ultimate threads, and aren't just generally obsessed with hoping your game fails.

Meanwhile ultimate players constantly make these threads about our game:
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/melee/type/op/

Are you just still mad because Smash 4 was shit you had to put up with for 4 years and we rightfully said it was shit? And now that Ultimate is out, everyone agrees that it actually was shit? Imagine pretending to like a terrible, boring game just to spite melee players. Mental illness.

projecting and coping and seething in the same post. quite the talented little shitposter you are

have sex

ur literally the reason people hate the smash community cuz they see dumb shit like whatever the fuck it is u just typed. fuck off

who are you quoting? stop moving the goalpost. strawman.

dilation and perform intercourse and acquire friends, yada yada redpilled sneed kek

>ur literally the reason people hate the smash community
oh no a bunch of street fighting tekken niggers hate smash because their precious fighting game event of the year's main event was a party game. *dabs on u*

>Meleefags don't make threads about games they don't want to play
What, you want a fucking medal? Well to bad, because you still enter and shitpost in those threads anyway.

Ultimate fanbase is all zoomers so their opinions don't matter

>We keep to ourselves
>lol no u dont
>lol ignore how we constantly shitpost and falseflag your game, YOU guys are the ones who are never keeping to themselves. also MOVE ON!!!!! PLAY OUR GAME!!!!
uh no sweetie

cant we just get along and not hate on other people for playing other games

What about the people who have been to tournaments and complain about smell? What about the TOs who had to implement rules on smell? I'm not saying it's a massive part of the community, but it's definitely big enough to be a problem.

congrats on reading a singular kotaku article. literally ask anyone in the community and everyone agrees its not "big enough to be a problem". isolated incidents get blown up on reddit or shitty "gaming news" sites but anyone who actually attends knows that its not a thing that happens more than 1% of the time

No. Sakurai poured his heart and soul into making Ultimate. He made so many concessions to Melee fans like speeding up the gameplay, removing the need to wavedash by adding in acting out of a dash with anything, adding EVERYONE, INCLUDING their redundant clone characters like Young Link and Pichu and made them top tier to boot back just so even the stupid meme character mains have no excuse to not switch. Added Battlefield and FD only mode so you can live out your autistic no fun fantasy of playing the same stages over and over again. Even Nintendo is hosting their own invitational tournaments with no items and FD/BF only. It's a meleefag's dream come true. Except they still. won't. fucking. drop. it. Their broken, buggy ass game from 20 years ago. They refuse to try anything new. It's from the radiation from the CRT's frying their brains probably.

I'm just so fucking mad they won't just finally let their irrelevant game (HAHA NO EVO STUPID FAGGOTS) die and we can finally have a united community. It's extremely disrespectful to Sakurai to not play Ultimate after he does all this wonderful shit and it's obviously clear this is the last Smash game he's going to make.

So, to answer your question, no. We cannot get along with autistic Meleefaggots. They've overstayed their welcome. There's no use for them anymore. Play Ultimate or fuck off and die.

But it wasn't a singular Kotaku article.

Melee forever
this thread's dumb

i agree that people who hate on ultimate are dumb but how is there anything wrong with preferring melee over ulti lmao. Melee players HAVE tried ultimate we just didnt like it as much and switched back.

>disrespectful to Sakurai
big kek dude who fucking cares

>being this mad people like a different game than you
yikes

Can you verify that these incidents were indeed exclusive to Melee? Because the famous "stinky day" twitter post that started it all was literally an event that had 40 smash 4 participants and like 8 meleefags.

Every fanbase is shit, you deluded faggot

Attached: 1449522216893.jpg (960x720, 49K)

I wasn't referring specially to Melee but I guess I should have considering the thread topic.

What loss are you referring to?

Last I checked, the point was to play a fun video game and not serve some weird cult surrounding some games creator.

gee I wonder why would a competitive melee player wouldn't want to learn a new physics and game engine and a billion different new character match ups, they must hate Sakurai. retards

No matter the smash game, you have your share of sore losers. No matter the tournament, you will find them.

| |I

II I_

| |I

II I_

>Claim game is competitive
>Only want to compete in a dying community that's gatekept by thousands of hours of practicing mandatory glitch techs
>Can only handle learning 5 matchups
kek

FUN FACT: 90+% of your outrage is manufactured and has little basis on what happens in real life. The source of your butthurt is largely comments people make over the internet, like the majority of contrived outrages. Now that that is out of the way we can continue with our normal programming.

Attached: 1541968642645.png (500x385, 217K)

>Second half of 2019
>Yea Forums is STILL buttblasted over Melee

Why? How pathetic must your life be to care?

This.
Compared to the "real" toxic players, 100x people shit on the melee community.

Smash ult has no gameplay variety tho. everyone's got safe aerials and easy recoveries. the combos are executed invariably. dyou know how many times I've seen leffen do his squirtle combo exactly the same way.
while in melee it indeed has less characters but you can play each of em in so many ways

yeah you guys haven't been in an autistic fit for the past 11 years when brawl wasn't a 1:1 clone of melee. it's all just revisionist history and weren't just obnoxious faggots who shit on every smash game that isn't melee. haha. my mistake.

>Second half of 2019
>Peeing your pants that hard over someone shitting on your near 18 year old game

How pathetic can you be?

>Sakurai poured his heart and soul into making Ultimate
I bet you are the type of faggot that goes to Sakurai's twitter and tweet "You have done so much for us, please take a break", don't you?

Attached: 1562306134648.jpg (400x490, 18K)

By your logic boxing is competitive because they spend thousands of hours practicing mandatory punching, blocking and footwork techniques and they only fight other humans

I'd argue Quake is on-par, otherwise either whatever's currently too popular (i.e. Fortnite) or whatever attracts the worst of niche communities like obscure rape VN's or something.

>when brawl wasn't a 1:1 clone of melee.
you're acting like it was disliked only because it was different

>s-sports and games are the same!!!

Literally everyone was dissapointed over Brawl though, whose doing the revisionism? Melee was actually waning around 2007 until Brawl came out, at which point it turned out to be such a shit vortex that it basically single handedly revived melee throughout the 10's. If you really are committed to being angry over a video game you don't play on the internet(lol) you should at least acknowledge that its in this situation because Sakurai shat on the floor with Brawl.

true combos are a thing in every smash game idiot. melee has like twice the hitstun ultimate has so it has more combos that can be "executed invariably" or whatever you're talking about. also safe recoveries is a downright lie, edgeguarding is a huge part of ultimate, especially at a high level. are you just mad you can't just force a character with a shit recovery off a ledge and just edgehog for an easy gimp? but some fucking effort into it.

>not an argument

>I disagree so it's not an argument

face it dude your game's low skill-cap

>Literally everyone was dissapointed over Brawl though, whose doing the revisionism?
Brawl was and still is the most well-received Smash game to ever release. Nobody except meleefags were "dissapointed" in it.

>safe recoveries is a downright lie,
what? Literally half the cast can recover from the bottom of the screen. There's character like Inkling who can do it basically for fucking free.

>major smash tournament
>champion revealed to be a child rapist

Why does this always happen?

The melee hate at this point is far worse than anything in the fan base.

>Brawl was and still is the most well-received Smash game to ever release.
??????????

Attached: source.jpg (331x132, 3K)

it doesn't exist out of Twitter and Yea Forums

And name something worse than those.

you should join the trump admin or RTV with this unwavering revisionism, good lord

the Smash fanbase in general is awful

Zack only let Ally win one tournament, user.

some people prefer sc1, some people prefer sc2. neither are wrong. why do zoomers want melee to die faster?

Half of this thread needs a shower asap

Just because the character's recoveries are generally better and traver further than they were in Melee, doesn't mean they're necessarily "safe".

Just because it isn't as braindead as hogging the ledge it doesn't mean edgeguarding doesn't exist or isn't part of the game.

Sorry you're newfaggots who weren't here during the dojo days and when it released. Brawl was a huge success when it released and hardly anyone was disappointed with it. The damn game got a perfect score from just about every review outlet and it only started to get shit on en masse by meleefags when their scene blew up again in the early 2010's or so. You can't change that, it's true.

Brawl was the most financially successful and the first game for many people. For anyone who has ever played a Smash game from before Brawl it was deeply disappointing, both the dedicated and the casually engaged. But sure, you can go ahead and declare everyone who has been playing video games longer than you as some sort of enemy if you want.

So basically no where that matters. Reminder to everyone to support your locals and to spend time off the internet so as to not be poisoned by the terminally angry.

Attached: 1550433305314.png (246x238, 115K)

>Is there a worse fanbase?
Yes, the people who bitch about it.
gamerankings.com/search.html?search=smash bros&site=
metacritic.com/search/game/super smash bros/results?sort=score

Why did the scene blow up again in 2010?
>I don't know they're stupid and suck and I'm really angry over a 20 year old game
OK faggot, continue seething for everyone's entertainment.

Attached: 1549352402898.jpg (496x499, 24K)

This is a bad-faith argument and you know it
This whole thread's about competitive smash and you're trying to make a point using the opinions of casual reviewers

>actually leaking to meta scores
And MGS4 and 5 were the two best MGS games ever made. Mass Effect 3 is a really good game everyone should play.

Attached: 1541891265698.png (480x504, 395K)

>Why did the scene blow up again in 2010?
Because Sakurai wanted to level the playing field for newer players by removing all of the glitches, I'm sorry, "consequences of the physics engine" that were in Melee and Meleefags didn't like playing without the crutch of shuffling across the floor like a spastic retard.

>This whole thread's about competitive smash
Sorry but where did OP specify anything about competitive smash

Any large scale public get together is going to have people that smell.

It's actually MGS2 that has the highest metascore, at 96

I don't think you know what you're talking about. everytime you use "glitch" you lose credibility

I seriously don't see how people can openly hate a game that's probably older than them, living purely off the people that just like playing it.

Like when did people start needing to have an excuse to play something other than just wanting to.

also the people complaining about glitches are probably the biggest babies on the planet both in and out of the game.

Attached: 1488570359054.jpg (339x419, 11K)

>Noooo you can't refer to how the game was received by players and critics when supporting the argument that brawl was in fact extremely well received
Okay sorry I just have to ignore everyone who liked the game and only pay attention to people who come back and shit on it several years later because it didn't function as an arthritis-inducing forced competitive glitchfest as well as melee did.

>level the playing field by removing "crutches"
>by removing advance tech and player agency
All of you retards spout the same shit. You're like an NPC getting mad about a video game you wouldn't otherwise care about because that's "board culture." No other sane fanbase has this mentality towards classics either. Imagine modern Crpg players getting mad that not everyone that some players don't like everything modern Bethesda puts out and doesn't abandon every old game in pursuit of the old. The whole conversation is ridiculous, contrived and based around an artificial conflict of mean comments on the internet. Your anger is fake, you are a fake person.

Attached: 1559754222179.jpg (479x317, 27K)

>Imagine modern Crpg players getting mad that not everyone that some players don't like everything modern Bethesda puts out and doesn't abandon every old game in pursuit of the old
Well the difference is every Smash game has gotten progressively better (with the exception of 4) over its predecessors while Bethesda's new games are genuinely terrible trash that not even normalfags are buying into anymore.

Debatable, none of the new Smash games have a skill ceiling higher than Melee. Your anger over "glitches" leaves proof of that. You speak out of both sides of your mouth when you talk about advancement but dislike a game for having basic requirements that some people can't meet to player at a higher level. Ultimate has manual skill limits in place with it's buffer system and still gimped, static physics. You probably couldn't even go into the specifics of these things if you were asked to.

Tards like you OP

Bet you love sucking Sakurai's smelly ass dick

>Well the difference is every Smash game has gotten progressively better (with the exception of 4)
This argument makes no sense. 4 is 'brawl 2'. Ulti is 'Sm4sh 2'
They are fundamentally very similar games. What makes 4 worse?

>Debatable, none of the new Smash games have a skill ceiling higher than Melee
So how come there aren't any melee players who can secure a place in the top 8 players? Even top 32 if the game is so easy? And don't act like there aren't any trying. Fucking leffen who has been a dominant force in Melee for several years tried his damndest to be an Ultimate player, but he got BTFO'd hard enough to just quit and whine about banning characters before they've even had a chance to show up in tournaments. Even the high functioning autist Wizzrobe who's proficient at every single smash game isn't a top player in Ultimate. If it's so easy how come the melee gods can't win at it?

this
anime conventions are also largely known to have a smelly reputation as we as street fighter tournaments and others
The smelly stigma just sticks to smash because people use it as a term of ridicule

stay assblasted

Attached: 1540976475335.webm (480x360, 1.29M)

Wizzy already did. And Smash 4/Ult are basically different games. It's like asking why a Quake player doesn't at a Halo tournament by default. The fact that you started off with wrong information shows that you don't even know what you're talking about and are here to regurgitate manufactured anger like an NPC.

Because Meleefags are indefensible, which is why I wish you disgusting demi-humans would actually keep to yourselves.

r/kappa and other fgc forums

Why are you so mad bro?

as well as*

Meleefags are generally laughably bad at other "fighting" games for the specific reasons you listed.

pro players rarely make the jump from top level play in one game to top level play in another. they do good initially because they are ahead of the curve mechanically but drop down once the new crop of players that specialize in the new game put enough hours in.

Because you disgusting, and apparently illiterate, demi-humans don't keep to yourselves. I said it right there, why can't you read?

>Wizzy already did
Wizzrobe did notably well in one major tournament. Evo he was barely even in top 50.

>It's like asking why a Quake player doesn't at a Halo tournament by default
But you said there's a much lower skill ceiling and Melee/Ultimate are both fundamentally extremely similar games regardless of whatever straws you grasp at. You had several top melee players seriously competing at Ultimate and so far none of them have had any success with the exception of Wizzrobe popping off at SNS5.

B-b-but the skill ceiling is so much higher than ultimate even though melee only has 5 relevant matchups you need to know and the hardest thing is just mastering exploits like wavedashing/shield dropping.

>Meanwhile Leffen was a top DBFZ player

Why are you so mad at video games?

Wanna know. Why does every person who parrots the same melee hate always say 5 match ups?

>pro players rarely make the jump from top level play in one game to top level play in another. they do good initially because they are ahead of the curve mechanically but drop down once the new crop of players that specialize in the new game put enough hours in.
Leffen had pretty good results in DBFZ and Wizzrobe is currently one of the best players of Smash 64 despite being relatively new to the game compared to the established boomers he's currently better than like Isai. Don't act like none of them try to play other games when it's not true at all.

>pro players rarely make the jump from top level play in one game to top level play in another.
That's not true at all. Plenty of SF players play multiple SF games at a high level, in addition to other fighters like GG, KoF, DBF, UNI, etc.

Meleefags are the only ones that straight up just stick to melee 99% of the time, because they get fucking ravaged when switching to anything that isn't full of exploits and has a semblance of balanced play.

>This one person from Melee's scene is good at one of the easiest to learn fighters in recent memory.
OK? He's an exception, not the rule.

The only fanbase worse than the melee fanbase is the anti melee fanbase since they keep making melee threads

>Melee/Ultimate are both fundamentally extremely similar games
aside from objectives and controls not really. you are so goddamn ignorant it's crazy

>What makes 4 worse?
Not him, but 4, specifically Wii U, has awful single-player modes, with the shittiest Classic mode, that shitty Angry Birds ripoff of a "target test", filler like Orders, and of course Smash Tour. Also it was the first game where items started becoming straight-up obnoxious, with shit like the Beetle and overpowered assist trophies. And the gameplay itself had some real problems, with everyone spamming run-up shield and recoveries being free as fuck, and everyone doing the same boring combos, with the only practical tech being perfect pivot while everything else is situational garbage.

>Fox
>Jiggs
>Marth
>Sheik
>Falco

Yeah you have some dedicated autists carrying fringe picks like Wizzrobe with Falcon and Axe with Pikachu. So fine, I'll give you 7. Would've been 8 but banning wobbling is pretty much the nail in the coffin for ice climbers.

Yeah he made top 8 which was the parameters of your original question, faggot.

And they aren't similar, despite the superficial similarities in setup. That would be like saying all 2D fighting games are the same or all fpses are the same. The only thing they have in common is being part of the Smash franchise. But even then, Meleefags have managed to regularly break into the top 64, even if they often fail to break into top 8. We've actually seen 4kids try at Melee and they can't even beat random shitters in pools. The fact that you think match ups is where game knowledge begins and ends also shows even more that you have no clue what you're talking about. Even then, the match up knowledge needed for Melee's 30% viable roster is unlike anything like what is require to becoming familiar with any of the characters in Ultimate.

Nice that you leave out the rest of the top tier.

Damn, you mad bro.

What's so different about them at this point? You don't have to use an exploit to act out of a dash anymore? The hitstun is higher? Wow, surely nobody playing Melee could get used to these drastic changes. Such drastically different games.

That sounds like Smash Ultimate, except that Ultimate is slightly faster.

You can play melee Falco in more ways than you can play all the characters in in brawl through ult combined.

ult has like 8 matchups at best don't kid yourself

I hope you realize how unique melee is, even among other smash titles, on a surface level they are similar but when taken to extreme competitive levels the minuscule changes make all the difference. Also plenty of melee players tried other games, they just stuck to melee because of it's unique movement system/mechanics I mentioned. I really don't see any problem with with a community that sticks to a game they like.

The physics engine and minimum input delay, which none of the other games retain at any level. Melee is basically a stand alone game in terms of mechanics.

Christ all you do is play dumb and do bad-faith arguments

Kek I was being generous, the current top tier for Melee is fucking Jigglypuff and Fox exclusively.

>Every single person in evo top 8 was playing someone different
what did he mean by this

Attached: file.png (335x194, 22K)

No, in Ultimate everyone is always spamming jump and safe aerials like they have ADHD, combos are more freeform due to the increased speed and reduced landing lang, and edgeguarding is actually practical due to having one airdodge when airborne. But yes, the items are even more broken as fuck and there isn't even a stadium.

So you're just changing the definition of what's top tier?
Glad to know this entire conversation is meaningless.

Falco's just a shittier version of Fox that's carried by his down air though. Falco wouldn't even be relevant anymore if Mango wasn't still playing.

>I hope you realize how unique melee is, even among other smash titles, on a surface level they are similar but when taken to extreme competitive levels the minuscule changes make all the difference.
And I hope you realize that SF alone has more changes between each recent iteration than every entry in Smash. Yet there's people that compete in multiples of them at top-level play and in other fighting games. Melee fags stick to melee because they're too fucking obtuse to learn anything else. They like their little niche, and they can't grow out of it. Pure and simple.

what is your current authority on melee tiers because i don't think any melee pro has a top tier consisting of more than 5 characters tops right now

>ult has 8 matchups at best
Tell that to Japan

>No, the reality is we keep to ourselves

Attached: What the fuck am I reading.jpg (736x1080, 75K)

it's been generally established that like 11 characters in melee are capable of winning high-level tourneys, and are therefore "top-tier"

what the fuck

Ultimate is trash. Melee players, myself included, have tried it
but it's trash
So why would we play a slow laggy mess that bores the shit out of us when Melee is one of the deepest, most expressive, responsive, fast-paced games ever made

And no, Sakurai has not made an honest effort to make the game competitive. Smash will intentionally never be as fast or competition-focused as Melee was.
The fact that you can't turn down the buffer in the controls options is fucking proof enough of this
>removing the need to wavedash by adding in acting out of a dash with anything
You can't act out of dash, because that would feel too fluid, you can act at the moment when dash turns to run. Which you can basically fucking do in Melee if you use pivots and crouching out of run. At ANY point out of run, which makes it MORE responsive and free in Melee, to my knowledge.
Until you can shield-stop and wavedash out of shield, Ultimate will feel sluggish and unresponsive to anyone who has played Melee

Fuck Sakurai, we'll buy his games as soon as he makes his third good one.

Do they change the nature of combo inputs to the point that it's an entirely different game? This also doesn't address the difference between melee and other smashes because having changes and being radically different are two different concepts. Also you're out of the loop when it comes to top players, because top players actually do complain about how casualized SFV is and how the results are less consistent because of dumbed down mechanics. Unlike Smash though, there is real money in playing the latest fighting game.

So you're the one changing the definition of "top tier." Just because a character is "viable" it doesn't mean they're top tier. And it isn't generally accepted, you're just parroting what you heard off of an Armada video. Doc is never going to win a major if fucking Captain Falcon couldn't do it for like 5+ YEARS.

kek do you think pikachu and yoshi are top tier?

There's realistically 7 viable characters who can win a major.

>Melee fags stick to melee because they're too fucking obtuse to learn anything else. They like their little niche, and they can't grow out of it. Pure and simple.
see my original post
>Also plenty of melee players tried other games, they just stuck to melee because of it's unique movement system/mechanics I mentioned. I really don't see any problem with with a community that sticks to a game they like.

Kill yourself

god, I can feel the input lag
even talking to an Ultimate player is tedious

Which is what I initially said?

High tier in ultimate, but that's off topic.

definitely high
if hbox can make puff top tier then axe and amsa can do the same for pika/yoshi

Seek help

Sucks to suck. Probably got a visceral reaction at seeing someone so knowledgeable about a single video game and you're wondering why you don't enjoy anything that much.

I meant that the characters in ult are basically the same but I guess seeing some different colors is enough to convince you otherwise.

>Falco's just a shittier version of Fox
I purposely used Falco as an example because of his falling off in the meta to show that even a character that really isn't that good anymore can still be played in different ways. Plus I was never arguing Falco's relevance for the tournament scene.

Also why are people bringing up the fgc
most good fg players used to play melee
the only fg players that hate melee are literal nobodies that do it because it's low hanging fruit to have some sense of belonging I suppose.

the retard i was replying to said there's 11 top tiers in melee. if they're only high tier then who are the 11 top tiers better than them

I'm a different user. But I feel like people are misusing the term "high tier". "High tier" and "tourney viable" are not the same thing.

I do, I have a blast playing ultimate and not steaming broken garbage

Attached: What Chuck.gif (498x203, 286K)

They stuck you them because they have zero success, then they rampantly attack anyone who points out the flaws of a poorly balanced "fighter" from 18 years ago with about 5 match-ups and tech so completely awful that you have to hit 3-5 inputs repeatedly just to move across the screen.

If Melee players were palatable no one would care, but they're not, so people shrug them off, then point out how they're incapable of playing anything other than Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth, with exceedingly few variations in this match up. On top of that, two of the consistently four highest tier characters are nearly the same character with little difference in the match up.

>it's been generally established that like 11 characters in melee are capable of winning high-level tourneys, and are therefore "top-tier"
Are smashfaggots really this retarded?

Attached: 1535440591729.gif (604x340, 168K)

All me. :)

Glad to hear, hope you stop being so mad.

There is a Smash Clan on my city, they all behave like salty man-children and they all look depressive and autistic.

Smash Bros Ultimate

Why does Melee still cause so much rage?

Axe only has success with Pikachu because he does okay into spacies. That's why Axe can't even solo main him and has to resort to Fox in a lot of matchups. Kind of hilarious that a mediocre character who just happens to do okay in the Fox matchup pushes him into upper mid/high tier when literally one person actually mains him. Absolute state of Melee metagame.

Guys, I'm thinking this guy is mad

When has Axe played Fox in tourney?

Nintendo might as well just cancel all plans for future Smash titles and Ultimate DLC since no matter how much they refine the gameplay and add new features, autistic manchildren still leech onto this shitty game that's old enough to post here.
Quite frankly, if you still play this over Ultimate, you're a fucking ungrateful downsie.

Falco, my bad.

I can smell the onions and sweat when someone plays this shit.

>That's why Axe can't even solo main him and has to resort to Fox in a lot of matchups
What in the absolute fuck is this faggot talking about?

I don't think anyone is obliged to support or buy whatever Nintendo puts out. Nintendo isn't your daddy, and they aren't owed anything. Bizarre, worshipful talking points aside, Ultimatefags always come out with this laughable line.

That's just the way nintendo fans are, if one smash game conflicts with the newest one they lose their shit. If a game looks like botw with the potential to compete with it then they start smashing playstations on the street

Not just Smash game. The shit on other fighting games. Remember that one time at EVO they were booing at Guilty Gear and shouting “where’s Maylay” like a bunch of spastics?

I really don't get the hero worship of Sakurai.
Like the people genuinely upset at the dude who made project NX because it's changing ultimate which Sakurai worked so hard on.

Those "rampant attacks" are really just them defending their game, I don't blame them them when people like you throw accusations of a "flawed" game
as if they're fact. Most of time I see people like you criticizing the game they don't understand the mechanics deep enough, like that one article anons cite saying players use broken controllers and thus are cheating. In reality it's an oversight by the devs and using the controllers enables them to play the game as intended which is ironic because the article states this but people never read it and just want to use the clickbait title to gotcha other people.

All smash fags are the same.

I get the feeling that some anti-melee anons aren't really against it they just like to play dumb and shitpost for fun because they know it gets reactions

>like that one article anons cite saying players use broken controllers and thus are cheating
it's also fucking hilarious that you need very specific controllers with hardware defects to do certain techs consistently and people sell controlling breaking services to make shield dropping consistent.

at least meleefags actually play their game

"when's X" is literally an EVO meme. But go ahead and contrive a victim religion over some alleged event.

>Those "rampant attacks" are really just them defending their game
If they game was at all well-crafted it wouldn't need to be so vehemently defended to begin with.
>I don't blame them them when people like you throw accusations of a "flawed" game
The game is heavily flawed, so much so that you can't even functionally play the full roster and it banks entirely on exploiting in-game physics and bugged frame data just to play effectively. No other "fighting" game is like this.

But we had a lot of fun playing ultimate at evo :^)

A bunch of trannies, pedos, and racists got btfo'd the fuck out recently. Still a lot to clean up though.

Attached: file.png (1194x648, 283K)

Damn Axe playing Fox woulda been some crazy shit. Now I'm just disappointed. Even then I'm p sure Axe only whipped out the bird like twice in the past year.

Nintendo been trash for years

It's mahvel baybee

SF2 and the invention of combos wants to have a word with you.

>It's mahvel baybee
yeah that was the original quote but "where's mahvel" is also an fgc meme derived from that

Attached: 2.png (1280x720, 398K)

You cracked the reasons behind 90% of any of Yea Forums's interest behind any game in current year. How much you want to bet there are faggots right now in this thread who haven't even played a Smash game at all and are posting here anyway?

>The invention of something positive that helped fashion a genre.
>vs.
>Hiting 3-5 inputs in repeated quick succession just to effectively move that's never been repeated because it's fucking retarded and no one wants to deal with it.

>that doesn't count because I say so!

you are a fucking retard. Fighting games are literally built on what were once physics quirks, unintended consequences, and other unexpected shit

Attached: 1535347474884.jpg (1024x768, 332K)

>if you're being attacked, you must be in the wrong ;)
Bad logic, stupid thinking. But either way, nobody actually thinks Melee is perfect, that's just something it's hate obsessed hysterics keep drumming up as some sort talking point. There's a lot that could be improved upon in Melee, but Nintendo doesn't want to pursue anything they started in Melee, so for now there is no other alternative.
>huur durr it must be bad if they don't want to pursue it anymore
Literally defending Bethesda dropping rpg mechanics tier. Whatever Nintendo decides to is besides the point. Hope no one is stupid enough here to engage in authority fallacies.

Why do you retards chimp out at the use of exploits to begin with? They help add personality and replayability to the game. Fuck, they knew about wavedashing, but they still left it in. Look at how the devs of OOT3D left in glitches from the original because they thought it would be cool, and look at how Tribes turned the skiing exploit into an actual feature. If it makes the game more fun, why throw a shitfit?

>this is different because it's bad and I don't like it
Sucks to suck. Games have overall gotten dumber as they make their games more and more smooth brain proof so that no one feels left out. People who usually don't even end up playing the game in the end.

I know where its from old man I'm just saying bants between games is nothing crazy and the only reason why this was such a big deal was because it was melee players as apposed to something like marvel players doing it to mortal kombat or something.

Ult would be a much better game if it had any of melee's tech untouched from it's original form. That and there's a number of "platform fighters" that use melee as its blueprint.

Most of them are hipocrites who will defend combos in SF or rocket jumping in Quake.

>There's a lot that could be improved upon in Melee, but Nintendo doesn't want to pursue anything they started in Melee
So, the glitches and pointless tech? They can integrate the actual benefits of them like dash attack cancelling into anything and just removing the need to L cancel altogether with decreased landing lag across the board and Melee fags still won't be satisfied because it doesn't look retarded and you won't get tendinitis from it.

It's dishonest, selective argumentation based around attacking Melee in particular as a cultural entity, most of which was implanted by board culture.

>1 flaw is positive and fondly emulated.
>1 is garbage and no one wants anything to do with it.
>These are comparable.

Attached: 1523312919476.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

How about the dynamic physics that transfers ground momentum to aerial momentum? I notice that Ultimate apologists are really quiet on this mechanical difference. All Smash games after Melee play really and statically, you don't even to get into the particulars of tech to feel like the newer games are slower and unresponsive. After this many games this design absence borders on self sabotage.

Still answering the same way.

*stiff and statically

>this flaw is OK because I liked it
>this other one is bad because I don't like it
Where's the arguments bruh?

Imagine being one of these lamers that keep complaining about "glitches"
Like imagine seeing something as cool as bunnyhopping or korean back dashes and they just start fuming from every orifice

Thanks, I hope you guys are able to enjoy the game even if it is broken

Attached: th.jpg (392x280, 14K)

theyre insecure that they put so much time into a game and now its dying

Thanks bro I will, hope you can handle that.

Booing a beloved fighting game finals on stage isn’t though, you fucking spastic.

But it's all anti-Melee fags seething right now.

Have you ever seen the Smash general on /vg/? It's the most autistic and repelling place I've seen in my entire life and I browse /r9k/ on a regular basis

doesnt change that the game is dying, not sure why you replied to me

>watching ti
>guy brings up how dota started as a custom mod game within a game
>now the biggest prizepool in esport history

what could have been

Attached: 1556999721756.webm (1152x648, 2.86M)

Everything is "dying", that doesn't really say anything. Melee has been dying for 20 years. Some games would only be so lucky to be dying for so long. I expect it will be dying for at least another 5 years and you'll still keep coming into threads to talk about video games you don't play.

>This flaw is OK because it was a positive addition that created a genre.
>This flaw is OK because it's overly convoluted and no one really wants to deal with it outside of a single fandom.
This thread is full of perfect examples as to why no one like the melee fandom/scene.

Attached: 40426a706547b9.jpg (625x338, 51K)

Same statement again.
Try harder.

I like playing melee because of the movement options. I've tried the newer games and like them but prefer melee because of how volatile and rewarding the punish game is due to speed. Also the exploits have pushed the skill cap way beyond what I can do and make it fun for me to watch

>I don't like it (X3)
Damn dude he'll get it eventually

Attached: 1554426213223.jpg (259x567, 72K)

>duhhh what if we took melee and made everyone have flashy flowchart auto combos

At least melee even had a chance to start "dying". Every game/community wishes they were even a fraction of melee.

you keep doing you king. This is the right way to think about it.

>at party
>guy brings entire melee setup with gamecube, controllers, and even a shitty old tv
>friend and I 1v1. He doesn’t really play video games so we’re mostly just fucking about
>owner comes by, looks at our subpar gameplay, laughs to himself and says “bet i can beat you both at once”
>jerking himself off about how good he is, and how much experience he has playing competitively
>my friend is falling off the stage
>we somehow beat him.
>he is visibly upset
>makes us rematch him until he won

why are people who take this game seriously such losers? The guy took his shitty old game he “mastered” to a party setting just to try to show off how good he was to people who either don’t exclusively play melee or much video games at all.

>Every game/community wishes they were even a fraction of melee.
Yeah, every community wants to cling to a 20 year old game because their developer hates them and doesn't want to release another game in the style of their buggy carpal tunnel inducing autism fest. We're very jealous.

Top players for SFV actually do resent how baby mode the latest game is though, Capcom controls the scene though which is why it isn't always good to be official. Nothing beats grassroots communities.

Pokemon.

Do you take pride in a company pretending to care about you?

Icons was shit, fuck you.

A girl I know went to her first Smash tournament (And it was a melee one) and the first dude she played against had a strong shit smell she couldn't even bear. She felt good at losing early because the whole place smelt like complete ass, like teenage hormones, dead fish and diahrrea. The autistic melee fanbase is pretty disgusting and they keep pretending that it doesn't happen. Fuck off.

Do you take pride in being personally despised by the series creator?

all this projecting holy shit lmao
>im the good guy tho!

They actually like their game, though. Meanwhile, people only play SFV because that's where the money is, and Ultimate will die when Smash 6 comes out.

Yes actually

What did they even hope to accomplish with that game when melee netplay is already a thing?

>he tried really hard so that means you should like it >:(((((((((
What a god awful take
Who gives a fuck if someone tried really hard to make something? Children try really hard all the fucking time to make things and everything they do sucks shit and is bad
Even if you do care about how hard someone tried to make something, sakurai of old tried just as hard on melee.
So I pose the question to you, why are you always shitting on a game sakurai poored his heart and soul into?
Stupid fucking faggot

Retarded as the post you replied. Melee is fucking shit and you should feel shame. Even brawl had more soul than your shitty game.

Does it actually matter? Sakurai isn't my Dad, who gives a fuck. Sakurai is anti-meritocracy anyway. What is with this faggy talking point.

>bro
>you mad bro
>bro
>my dude
>lmao
>wow
are meleefags always redditors?

>Capcom controls the scene though which is why it isn't always good to be official
They also fund prize pools which is good. Melee players make pathetically low money unless they are absolute top of the food chain skill level. Like, top 5 at least. What does Nintendo do to contribute to Smash? Shill Ultimate, shut down Project M and make Twitch prevent anyone with a sub button from being able to stream it. You could've had a spiritual melee successor, or at least a different flavor of the same gameplay, but Nintendo made absolutely sure Project M wouldn't be competing with Smash 4. At least Capcom isn't actively working against people who prefer their other style of games.

*shits on your face* ill beat the fuck out of you if you say thay shit agaim fucking faggot
*rolls up sleeves* ultfag ill beat your fucking ass *slits your throat(

No it's just boring giving serious acknowledgment to one track minded angry posters. Also, stop being so mad.

imagine weighing this much
hit the gym, fatty

lol he's run out. This is just fuming general now.

>the game require that you play it to be good
How could they have done this?

>Ultimate will die when Smash 6 comes out.
>Superior successor will kill older game
So? Am I supposed to be scared and upset about this?

lol he's run out. This is just fuming general now.

Attached: lw3yugme6mm11.gif (633x773, 11K)

>tfw not over 200kg
feels good

>game doesn't even exist yet and he's already decided it will be superior and will buy it
This is why you're a tool.

>Every smash game has been consistently superior to the last
unless you're an assblassted meleefag still seething about brawl of course

You forgot cringe based zoomer, and another le epic Yea Forums buzzword to fit in, like nigger

ult is shit so I reckon you would be happy I guess

eSports fame. Cause they fail to understand Nintendo characters are why people play Smash.

Literally "Don't ask questions and consume product" tier.

Attached: 1512793666885.png (210x230, 3K)

Why don't they understand how to shower?

Why are Meleefags so ardent about CRTs? Like, I get using them at tournaments, but nowadays you can emulate the game and have the same or less latency on an average LCD with faster melee than you do on a normal CRT/gamecube setup. I was trying to tell some smashfaggots at my college the other day about this (they carry in a fuckhuge CRT to play on into the cafeteria every day) and they just REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'd when I only want to make life easier for them. Melee on a laptop + GC adapter would prevent having to do this shit every day.

Attached: 1545100285666.png (1171x1209, 2.14M)

For real life setups CRT+home console is still the most accurate and responsive setup. Emulator is good but top players minor discrepancies. I imagine after some point that people will eventually just be playing the game on an emulator.

*notice

>I imagine after some point that people will eventually just be playing the game on an emulator
nintendo finds a tournament they sponsor does this and they'll probably threaten dropping sponsorship, CRTs will never go away completely solely because of this.

>>Superior successor will kill older game
Like how 4 was so "superior" to Brawl? Not that it mattered, since the kiddies still abandoned Brawl for the flashy new game. Consume product.

Oh yeah, this is also another big factor influencing that. All emulation is technically piracy which means it would be very icey to play the game in an unofficial format for broadcasting.

Another possibility is a few dedicated autists will eventually create new, replica CRT's just for old games media. Like record players for video games.

This

>Like how 4 was so "superior" to Brawl?
Yeah. How was Smash 4 not superior to Brawl? Got rid of tripping and a meta dominated by chaingrabbing.

This
>Ashley fag commit suicide since smash fags bullied her, if she and those fags arent so shit then i saved my fucking time
>Melee fanbase in general
>Insulting Sakurai on his tweeter because waluigi
More?

It had next to no tech, recoveries were free, was so slow and defensive it was 2 stock at tourneys, rage could cause kills at stupidly low percents, and Bayo was the most boring top tier of all time. Even in casual play, the single player sucked ass, the items were overpowered, and the new stages were hot garbage with obnoxious hazards up the ass.