twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. learn hiragana
2. learn katakana
3. use flashcards to learn kinda
4. learn from Nama sensei

soeyry im quite drunk i meant
3 use flashcards for to learn kanji
also throw grammar sometime around betwen 3-5

dont give two shits about kanji. just hiragana and katakana. Japan is modernizing their language to cut down kanji completely

Finally got All hiragana symbols memorized

You don't.

Attached: Japan.png (492x296, 119K)

>Learn from TV Tropes that the Japanese r sounds like the "d" sound in "better" when said fast.
>I can now hear it constantly when playing steins gate
Ku-di-su
Crudistina
Had-dron Collida

Japanese is weird. It's absolutely hilarious listening to them struggle to say english words though, I love it.

1. be young
2. don't be old
3. study
4. ????
5. profit

its basically trilling

Also, while I can BARELY make out individual words, I'm now occasionally able to pick out where the localization has clearly deviated from a 1 to 1 translation.

Get a Japanese girlfriend to teach you.

Attached: Jack Frost.png (478x597, 718K)

I really should learn how to trill.
It sounds fun.

Trills are not to be trusted.

Attached: 1383239529245.jpg (500x376, 13K)

I thought everyone could trill but most of my friends can't which was really suprising to me.

>Japan is modernizing their language to cut down kanji completely
The only people who want kana-only Japanese are people who haven't learned kanji yet

Attached: 1556248155218.jpg (171x211, 9K)

What the fuck are you saying? Japanese would be fucking nightmare to read without Kanji.

reminder that the mina no nihongo books are shit

You're better off learning Chinese, but good luck because it literally has nothing in common with english, at all.

>Learning a language for career related purposes.
Gross

And mandarin is a tonal language that sounds rude, fuck mandarin.

>recommending chink
Fuck off Chang

China is future
youtube.com/watch?v=P_dc3zOe6EE

Attached: chinese buffet.png (500x522, 133K)

>learning Chinese

Attached: 1553029038312.png (547x340, 179K)

why would I learn chinese now that EU-JP relations are getting tighter?

I've been doing a little bit of japanese practice each day for the past couple months. not really putting that much effort into it but I've learned a good bit I'd say. hiragana and katakana is easy as fuck to learn, I know at least 50 or so kanji already

Study, Study and Study some more.
It's hard, but possible.

Attached: 2019080918250800-0F0ECF0A8B61867338B0AF2CD93192B3.jpg (1280x720, 286K)

I can make a tap, but not a trill.
At this point I think it's just something I flat out can't do, like whistling.

>tfw you haven't practiced in Anki for over three days.
>1000+ due
I just wanted to take a break and review concepts I'M A SLOW LEARNER. WHAT THE FUCK DEKINAI~CHAN

Attached: 8632610-rsw2dom73l711-1544710856-728-1591a3bcdc-1545396615[1].jpg (728x970, 158K)

Then lower your daily reviews. You don't need to do a shitton every single day.

Attached: 2019080819031000-0F0ECF0A8B61867338B0AF2CD93192B3.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

>1000+ due
how many new cards are you doing a day? stick to 20 or so if it's overwhelming you, then turn off new cards for a week and keep reviewing while practicing your grammar and writing out sentences. plowing ahead won't help, you're in it for the long haul

anki is for gay faggots with AIDS, read a book

We have to learn gookspeak at this point.
Dem bugs will be everywhere pretty soon and we'll have to at least understand their insults.

You kinda do need to do all the reviews though, or you end up rapidly slipping backwards. It's the new cards that should have been skipped or toned down, but it's too late for that at that point.
Just smash them all out, 1000 isn't that much, and if you don't it snowballs and gets worse because you forget them. Anki's whole repetition method thing only works if you keep up with its spaced timing.

>Have a weeb friend who studied Jap at uni
>She still struggles
It's an intimidating language.

it's demanding but your friend is probably a retard too

If you're backed up 1000+ cards and don't even WANT to study them, then something is wrong. He needs to lower the daily reviews and slowly increase them until he gets the habit going.

She's def not stupid.
She's smarter than me at least.

You don't have to know the language to pick up on slang and insults, hijo de puta

Great. I learned Japanese. Now how do I learn Korean?

I'm comfortable with my JP now so I'm studying learning Korean (live there). It's fun and koreans are awesome. The girls here are hella hot too. And not just the plastic girls. The naturals are hella cute too.

>learned hiragana
>learned katakana
>learned numbers
>studying a grammar guide
>tfw kanji and words are just diving into the language with memorization and recognition
2 months in and it feels hopeless

by learning to draw circles

Wouldn't mind me some of their plastic bitches. Corvettes are made of plastic and those are fucking hot.

place a circle on all letters

>tfw pretty decent at reading nip
>suck shit at everything else

Attached: 1551931354134.jpg (2081x2440, 1.36M)

Every day you put off a review of a card massively increases the chance you'll have forgot it by the time you do review it though. Reviews are the thing you should never put off, or you just end up wasting what you've already learnt and having to repeat the work. New cards can be put off as long as you want without any damage, but failing to review sends you backwards. Everything I've read about Anki plus my own (limited) experience with it says daily reviews should be set at the maximum number the program allows no matter what, and you keep them at a reasonable level by limiting the new cards you learn rather than putting them off with a limit.

you're making me not even want to attempt.

Take the heisig pill and learn to write and recognise kanji in two months. It becomes a lot less daunting after that.

Is it me, it is Korea significantly harder than Japanese? Even though 한글 is piss easy to learn.

if you're decent at reading nip why do you need anything else? its not like you're planning on living in japan so you don't need to speak it.

I don't mind the plastics either. They're fucking hot. Especially when they make it look natural and not obvious. Fashion is great here too.

You gotta find someone you can speak with. My reading/writing is really up there but my speaking/listening is lacking. When I lived in Japan it improved incredibly fast but I'm not there anymore. There are great apps for finding online partners like hellotalk.

Listening to the language is also important.

The grammar is strikingly similar but the pronunciation is much harder despite not having tones (which is why they can get away with a wholly-phonetic writing system.)

Korean is 10000% easier to read and the grammar is damn near exactly the same as Japanese (especially at early levels) but its significantly harder to speak. Shits crazy.

Two months is absolutely nothing for language learning. It isn't a race. Take it nice and slow. Kanji is a grind and you'll go as fast as you can memorize. I wasn't to comfortably play jrpgs without looking up every other word until almost the 2yr mark (although 1yr is possibly with proper studying habits).

Honestly there aren't many games I've played that never got localized eventually. A lot of the stuff I played in JP was stuff that was available in English even, but I chose to play in JP anyway. Currently playing Bravely Default in JP which is a perfect example of what I just said.
So basically, it's not worth learning just for video games. It's more for people who actually enjoy the learning process in itself, and then the video games are a slight plus.

Not him but I'm in a similar situation. I'd say I'm more than decent at reading even, but my listening comprehension sucks massive balls and my production level is laughable. As much as I feel like if I must be good at one skill, reading is definitely the one to go, it still sucks that I miss quite a bit whenever I want to watch anime without subtitles.

Attached: 読解力ZERO.jpg (1024x1024, 294K)

>google heisig
>british accent
this is gonna fuck me up later isnt it
pic related. And keep reviewing them as I can vouch for this

Attached: 20190825_013958.jpg (2048x1152, 472K)

Is your speaking getting better since you live there? Also, do you plan to pick up Chinese at some point?

learn chinese

Is he learning all major asian languages? jesus christ.

nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/en/files/2012/12/RK-1-6th-edition-sample.pdf
Be sure to read the introduction and all the explanatory text between the characters.

Sounds like a good idea. They all center around Chinese anyways.

>study in a language school in Japan
>find a gf (piss easy if you're white)
>improve your speaking abilities with her while studying moonrunes at school
>congratulations you reached the N2 level in a single year

you have to be a newtype

>tfw made an acc on Hellotalk but too scared to start chatting with people

What do? I'm just a fucking depressive neet.

Attached: 1564260400994-v.jpg (300x300, 27K)

In Korea? Yeah but I'm still at babby levels since I haven't been studying. It should be a lot better than where it is now.

Nah just JP and KR.
My girlfriend is chinese but I'm not trying to learn that. Cantonese is practically impossible and she doesn't even speak Mandarin.

>ask college if I can do a semester in japan
>you have to be actively in a japanese class to participate
>say fuck it, take the placement exam and make it to intermediate classes
>working on my application for spring now
With any luck I'll be there next year. I chose Tokyo, Yokohama, and Fukuoka as ideal cities since the classes fit with my schedule. Wish me luck (・∀・ )

There are different sub-languages within the main language of chinese? damn that is daunting.

>learning chink
Someone post THAT screencap

Me too. And the last 5 times I got in there the conversation went exchange hello, ask how each other are, hard death to conversation.

>a year in
>still struggle to read anything more advanced then yotsuba
>half the time I'm basically just relying on context and vocab knowledge becuase I can't remember grammar for shit
Maybe Dekinai-chan was right, but that's no excuse not to keep trying.

Attached: 1551547862405.png (319x158, 107K)

Yeah I didn't know that until I met her.
There are TONS of different sub-languages and even within those sub languages are dialects so different, they wouldn't be able to understand each other. Like she can't understand her dad's birth dialect.

It's goddamn ridiculous.

This is a real story that happened to me when I first arrived in Korea.

>Signed up for HelloTalk
>Guy messages me and starts talking about how great black people are
>Says things like "You all have smooth skin and big dicks. Much better than white people. Also you're so nice"
>Obviously creeped out but brush it off
>Asks if I wanna see his wife
>Say no
>He video messages me anyway and I pick up
>It's his wife doing squats in the living room
>Guy then pans the camera down to his crotch and there is his hard ass dick
>Then he points to the camera and tells me to pull mine out
>Hang up immediately and say that's not cool
>He calls me gay for not wanting to stroke it to his wife
>End up blocking him

Attached: 2019081012172500-0F0ECF0A8B61867338B0AF2CD93192B3.jpg (1280x720, 256K)

Time to watch CureDolly user. Very worth it if you can get past the creepy CG doll.

Attached: 1563610519568.jpg (1000x1077, 73K)

I wish hellotalk had a way to search profile by their interests listed so I could find people interesting to talk to instead opening every profile one by one and reading they like shopping, wine, photography and movies 100 times in a row.

Well why didn't you want to jerk it to his wife? That's pretty gay man.

>MRW I fucked up that opportunity
Sometimes I forget about it well enough, but then some simple text like this reminds me of it.

Attached: zwonDqc.gif (320x234, 1.16M)

日本の中坊はアホやな
いや、ちょいまち・・・高校生でも28%が間違えるとはどういうこと?知的障害なの?

Attached: 1515980153735.png (750x730, 470K)

details?

Good luck bud. I live in Yokohama, it's a great city.

everytime someone recommends this horrid language a bug comes out. makes me fucking think.

fuck off.

I knew I made the wrong choice.

Not too interested in learning the written language just want to speak it but I guess would be cool to know both. If I looked for people locally to practice with what are the odds I just run into weebs that only want to talk about anime and/or video games? This also worries me. I don't give shit about what anime or video game are playing I'll just want to practice

SURE IS VIDEO GAMES IN HERE WOOWEE

For the anons who know, how do you survive an average Japanese conversation with a Japanese person? My school gives us the opportunity to talk to visiting Japanese students but I've been too afraid to go.

Attached: 1561503935148.jpg (250x250, 7K)

If you're afraid of communicating with Japanese people there truly is no hope for you. They're the most inoffensive and passive people on the planet.

They're so fucking booooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnng.

I don't completely get it, where do the 2 pieces differ? Is it the part who the daimyou gives the orders to?

You're right.
Let's talk about games.

Who played this piece of crap? Goddamn how could they make this and think it was okay.

Attached: jinrui-no-minasama-he-standard-edition-ps4-.jpg (600x600, 64K)

Their writing system is the most easiest to learn.

Just talk about how much you hate koreans

Almost 100%, unless they're Japanese natives themselves.

幕府 gives the order in the first one
大名 gives the order in the second one
it's very, VERY basic japanese 101 syntax and grammar

Don't worry, in about 50 years you won't need to. Japs are slowly eroding their own laguage and will adopt English more and more over time. It's way more efficient and soon it will be just another dead language.

Ah now I see, thanks.

also the events happen in different order and it's not even clear who deported the portuguese in the second clear

Fuck that pic got me

Attached: 1561077600858.png (414x424, 215K)

>dude just wait 50 years lmao

Get a memrise account and grind words and hiragana/katakana/kanji and grammar.

Also man applying for an IT job in Japan is more difficult than I thought it'd be. What the fuck is up with some of the interview questions they ask

Attached: rv9xmo2rp7921.png (1536x2048, 1.9M)

>dude theres no point learning a language by the time you're a senile old man it'll be a different language anyway

in the second one*

not even italians or french can speak english worth a damn, slow your roll my man

well what kind of questions do they ask

What kind of experience do you have and what are the questions they are asking?

Has anyone here taught English in Japan? What's it like?

Weird shit. Like "nihongode mo wakaruka?
What the hell kind of question is Do I already understand in Japanese?

>how tight is your foreskin, will this impede your work flow
Got that a few times. They don't even consider being cut an option.

Attached: Oh yeah.png (510x346, 242K)

Seems like an important question for someone who wants to work in Japan.

アメリカと同じだ。最悪だ

They like throw curve ball or just weird questions to get you off your game. I was applying for a senior position and halfway through the interview they wanted to go over basic terms used in software testing and other entry level shit. Or just asking me what color I was.

You get asked this weird shit while sitting in front of 3-4 different people and even if you answer in Japanese, the translator will repeat what just said in Japanese to the manager while everyone stares at you stonefaced.

Hang in there user, you're just as good as 1/3 of jp highschoolers!

I did it for 2 years before jumping to a web dev job in Tokyo. It's a pretty degrading job full of some of the worst corporate practices imaginable, but it's an easy route to get a visa. Just make sure you have a plan to get out of it or you'll end up wanting to kill yourself.

>Japan is modernizing their language to cut down kanji completely
Not really.

It's funny, I've heard so many horror stories about Japan, but here the happiness rate is much higher.

I wonder why its such a bad time in Japan. Are the people complaining able to speak any JP? Were you?

The exact opposite you idiot. They're using more kanji than ever now that they don't have to write them all out anymore.

>weeb loves japan so much he learned nip language
>but could only get into korea
>and could only get a chink gf
Poetic justice

I couldn't speak any Japanese when I first arrived. I enjoyed teaching itself as the Japanese students were typically very nice people. I got to teach everyone from 90 year old widows to nuclear scientists who'd worked on the Fukushima disaster. I even had one lesson with the Japanese voice actress for the Boss in MGS3.

I hated teaching because you're treated more or less like a monkey by your bosses. You'll get harassed and yelled at for minor things while being expected to do unpaid overtime. In many cases you don't have access to basic rights like paid vacations or health insurance.

I'm a lot happier now and my Japanese is much better, but generally language hasn't been a very big barrier. My girlfriend translates anything difficult like legal documents for me while IT jobs like the one I work at almost always use English as the first language.

My previous job sent me to both JP and KR and I chose to stay in KR cause I liked it so much.

Getting a Chinese gf was pretty ironic though but she's cute and great so it's all good.

>5 years ago
>be 30 year old
>be on Omegle
>find someone who shares the interest "Japan"
>"asl"
>decide for once to admit I'm 30/m (though, I wish I was a girl...)
>"17/f"
>WTF? Is this real?
>start talking to them
>asks if I have Line. Never heard of it, but I get it for my tablet, since no smartphone
>actually talk for about a week or two
>I go absent for about a month
>suddenly come back to Line, figuring she'd forgot about me
>she actually seems disappointed I disappeared for a month, still wants to keep talking
>Keep talking with her for a few months. She occasionally sends a pic of food, or a Starbucks cup, or the parking lot outside her apartment
>skeptical if this is real, do reverse image search to find where "she" got them from
>fucking nothing comes up
>are the pictures real? Is she legit?
>despite being only 17 years old, she's fluent in English. She's obsessed with the language, and wants to come to America to teach Japanese
>around New Year's, we get a bit closer, and she admits she'd like to be in a relationship with me
>we decide on New Year's being the anniversary
>ask if she actually has one of those school uniforms, she says yes
>ask if she'd ever wear that for me
>she explains that for her, it's like wearing a work uniform, but would wear it just for me
>at one point she admits she wants to lie in bed with me wearing only a shirt and panties
>we get into habit of referring to each other by [name]-hime, and [name]-ouji
>show her a picture of Valentine's Day stuff at Wal-Mart on New Year's Day
>Me: "Isn't that too soon?" Her: "Right, but let's talk about Valentine's Day..."
>learn about her, her homestay visits to America, favorite color, likes snow, etc.
>my autism eventually ruins everything, I never hear from her again.
Every now and then I'll think of her, wondering if I could have done things differently. But she probably wouldn't want some feminine, crossdressing guy anyway. TFW she's gone forever, and will never teach me Japanese

Attached: 1561536929131.jpg (640x480, 67K)

>Nama sensei
>soeyry im quite drunk
fucking absolutely, you bitch!
I miss him so much. I hope that his business thing worked out

Did you get harassed for doing things wrong or not meeting their expectations or something? That's nuts. My school treats me very nice, though I know its a luck of the draw kind of thing.

cool story bro

>feminine, crossdressing guy
P-pics?

Please go ahead and laugh at my efforts.

Attached: anki-stats-2019-08-25.png (2543x3122, 636K)

user what the heck are you doing?

Attached: 1537577786523.png (684x381, 104K)

You are doing a lot better than me

I've put so many cards in kanji and vocab on leech I'm scared to look.

Thank goodness I started a mining deck to help my self esteem.

>>we get into habit of referring to each other by [name]-hime, and [name]-ouji
Jesus, you're 35 year old. Unbelievable.

ahem, where are the video games?

You tell me

>Living in Japan for a few months
>Everyone and their literal mother tells me to get a Japanese girlfriend
>Every other mother of a family I meet tells me to get a Japanese girlfriend
>Struck up a conversation with a stranger while waiting to get into the Natsu Basho, said goodbye by telling me to get a Japanese girlfriend
>Talk to other foreigners and they're going through the same shit
Why are they so eager to wed off their pure women to filthy gaijin?

It's all part of abe's plan. Anything to get the birthrates up that doesn't involve blacks or spics goes.

lmaooo that happened to me several times and I only lived there a couple of months
literal RANDOM old ladies telling me to hurry up and get a japanese wife, what the shit

I think they just like messing around. It's the same thing here in Korea. They know that l, for the most part, the women don't want foreigners.

National pride user. If you're in Texas you absolutely MUST have the bbq, if you're in Napoli you absolutely MUST have the pizza, and if you're in Japan you absolutely MUST have a Japanese gf. Would be a shame to come all that way without sampling the local specialties.

Attached: 1566437567074.png (1522x1192, 1.14M)

>learning Japanese
>wanting to move to Japan
I hope you at least look asian or you're in for a rude awakening

Attached: 1548727202067.png (645x773, 11K)

What do you mean? i'm black and id like to live in Japan. i don't mind if japs avoid me because i'm an introvert and i don't even care if they give me the cold shoulder on the rare occasions that i do speak to them because i expect that from everyone at this point in my life. i don't see what's wrong unless they actively cockblock you from living anywhere if they don't like you.

Yeah, I imagined it was teasing. One of my friends who's a better speaker and listener has commented on how much the Japanese will gossip about foreigners while they're present. I've caught some of it myself, although the only time it hurt was when some random children in my neighborhood ran away saying, "the gaijin is coming, look out!" I didn't know what to do so I just said, "Yeah, I'm pretty scary," and they stopped.

>Moved overseas
>Cute girls everywhere
>bros left and right
>good times
>respect received when given
>get to visit my friends in Japan easily as fuck
They love foreigners as long as you make an effort to understand them and understand the language on some level. If you walk around like a typical douchebag of course they won't like you.

Japs hate niggers, if you're white you'll at least get gaijin hunters after you. You'll have to hang out with third worlders.

talk about prioritizing pectorals holy shit

Attached: 1560862577144.gif (300x164, 1.86M)

>Going back into advanced Japanese in two days
>Haven't touched the language in three weeks

Attached: 1557484573827.jpg (800x600, 80K)

I'm completely fine with that so long as their system doesn't discriminate against me for simply wanting to live there and give me a hard time.

>advanced Japanese
I really feel bad for the dumb fuck kids who try and learn Japanese in a classroom. There's nothing "advanced" about the material you're looking at.

That's BS by the way. Just be cool and they'll love you. I have a blast everytime I visit. Don't go in there with a "they hate me" mentality.

There really isn't, but it keeps me motivated

>two nights ago at work
>be cashiering
>customer notices the weird name on my name badge
>he asks if it's Japanese, I say it is
>he speaks to me in Japanese
>mrw real life threw a pop quiz at me that I hadn't studied for

Attached: wfoiuhawergif.gif (540x308, 1.88M)

You're motivated to learn at the pace of a slug, though. You haven't touched Japanese for three weeks? That's because you don't know enough to actually use it for anything.

You'd get to the same point faster and with less time investment if you just had the basic willpower to keep a schedule by yourself. It's not difficult, either you do your reps and learn Japanese, or you take "a day" off and give up for another decade.

How did you get out as you phrased it?

I find it really funny that there are people who pass N1, but can't read a light novel. I think I read my first one seven months in.

I have been wondering. Are mature cards just cards you first saw a while ago or are they cards you've gotten correct enough for them to have long repeat time intervals and it expects you to have learned?

Mature cards are cards that show up once every 21+ days.