ITT: Forgotten games of the 2000s

Post them

Attached: 591162b6ae653a5eeb034c26.jpg (323x433, 34K)

Ahead of its time.

Attached: Severance.jpg (800x962, 97K)

Oh no oh no oh nooooo

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

i still play it today against bots

Attached: soldat170_ctf_ash_text.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

apparently it's currently abandonware, neat

me too.
I fucking love UT2004.

Attached: gamespot.png (1556x364, 67K)

>binding mouse wheel to KISS MY ASS

Attached: 1547531448468.png (152x254, 41K)

Attached: Rune-F.jpg (752x1024, 49K)

I still play this all the time
and the bots are somewhat competent

Screw that recent trend with new multiplayer games lacking good bot support

>most actively played game in the series
>forgotten
okay, retard

glad to know I'm not the only one, bros

>and the bots are somewhat competent

yeah I love how bots jump on the biggest vehicle they find then minute later get stuck on random rock and refuses to leave the vehicle so your team has one player less and also no access to strongest vehicle until enemy somehow destroys it

If arena shooters were so good how come they haven't stood the test of time like Doom, Starcraft and Diablo have? Quake maybe is the only one with Quake Live but besides that nobody is playing arena shooters no more.

i really liked this one as a kid. Always wondered what the multiplayer was like.

Attached: Wolfenstein 360.jpg (1000x1415, 1.2M)

This is getting a sequel or remade I believe. Loved that game.

First online game I could play. I was pretty shit but I loved those hellbender race maps. I'd skip school to play since that's when most people would be on, 200 ping worth it.

Did anyone else actually play this?
I still play it every now and then but i have never known anyone else who has ever touched it

Attached: bouncer.jpg (317x445, 33K)

this looks cool in a way that is nothing like Wolfenstein

Emulated it for the first time year, but known about since before the PS2’s release date.
Pretty average game.

I spent way too much time playing that.

Who the fuck thinks UT 2004 is forgotten?

The only forgotten UT game is 3.

Attached: 254913-enemy-territory-quake-wars-windows-screenshot-the-strogg-look.jpg (1600x1200, 352K)

I always forget they used Doom 3 engine.

I played this and I barely remember anything about it. Just that I thought the graphics were incredible and my family's PC ran it at like 10 FPS.

Attached: unrealiiawake_pcbox.jpg (350x500, 45K)

Its forgotten less than Unreal 1.

They used megatextures in Quake Wars and it actually worked without any problems unlike with Rage.

to this day I have no idea how megatextures work

they contain all textures in one big file.

I loved that as a kid. The big titties were important to me, but it had some VERY interesting weapons for the time (spider gun etc.)

I got that part. It's just, what's the point?

From what I understand, they allow level designers to create a giant texture for the entire map so they can avoid repeating/tiling textures

>picture unrealated

how do you even gauge a singler player game like that? doom was only big because of the multiplayer anyway, which is dead. there's a reason quake was made. only korean bugmen care about starcraft and i doubt anyone even plays diablo 1 and 2 anymore. d3 is for blizzdrones and is hardly a diablo game

>and i doubt anyone even plays diablo 1 and 2 anymore
>he doesn't know
Get a load of this feg

Play it every year.

Attached: Blade_of_Darkness.webm (1280x720, 1.07M)

Welcome to THE CLUB

Attached: The_Club.jpg (850x571, 184K)

The early game is really good but by mid-game, the combat is easily broken by special combo spam

Still need to pick that up sometime. It seems like one of the few cover shooters I'll like.

I liked it, felt kinda persona

Attached: 250px-Lux_Pain.jpg (250x250, 25K)

Yeah. Once you level up enough to where it doesn't soak up your entire stamina there really isn't much the enemies can do. The first level for the barbarian and knight are top tier first levels.

Played this at a friend's house. Pretty fun for a perfect-the-run kind of game.

Why are so many early 2000-s games forgotten, while people cherish games from the 90-s?

When is it coming back?

the early 2000's were the period where you needed to buy good hardware to play new games, but hardware was non-trivial to buy.

There's a reason the early 2000's mostly have console games remembered. The main reason for the PC renaissance was simply that the bottom end is capable of matching home consoles these days.

Attached: 163601-joint-operations-typhoon-rising-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1134, 179K)

Attached: 220px-Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (220x313, 23K)

it's not forgotten

Well known, if not Halo levels of known.

Overshadowed by Gran Turismo 4
Had cool gameplay features like actually making you drive properly (you were punished for leaving the asphalt for one)

Attached: 1551735190425.png (800x1151, 1.27M)

I actually like this game, it was cool to visit different planets and the like.
Too bad John moves like he's swimming in molasses.

Really liked this game short but sweet. Kinda one trick pony with no replay ability though. Also the sequel was a mess.

Attached: Condemned_Criminal_Origins.jpg (256x342, 16K)

>Unreal 1
What went wrong?

Tactical/squad shooters.

„Brothers in Arms” series, „Full Spectrum Warrior”, „Hidden and Dangerous 2”, „Close Combat: First to Fight”…

*sip*

I was a kid back in 2000-s and I remember my older brother buying a new PC every 2-3 years. In this decade, he only bought one and that was 8 years ago. You just don't need to upgrade as often anymore.

It's a great FPS, nothing went wrong.
What do you mean?

>sequel not on PC
I never understood this shit. Great game though

Honestly, UT2004 is one of my favourite games, but I think I played it online against other people like five times. Most of the time I owned it I didn't have an internet connection, so 99% of the time I spent with it was in bot matches.

You didn't have friends to LAN with?

There are dozens of us
Dozens!

Attached: 1556468024188.png (1500x936, 1.4M)

Same. And boy oh boy were the bots owning. Fucking crosshair-dodging-pickup-monitoring-aimbotting motherfuckers

I remember picking up Full Spectrum Warrior at release and loving it. I didn't play Hidden & Dangerous 2 until far later, but when I did it became a top 10 game for me even with some frustrating bugs.

Holy shit this actually came out? I remember seeing it in the hl2.net forums in 2007 or so!

No, I think my friend did get the game at one point but we were too dumb to know how to LAN (we were pretty stupid teens). I mostly just played with mods I got from demo discs from PC Gamer magazine.

It's a mod but yeah, it's been out for years.
There are people playing every friday if you want to play.

Nothing comes to mind

I know what it is man, I was on the hl2.net forums in 2007.

A dead and buried series.
DS games still feel very modern to me, but then I skipped the 3DS entirely.

Attached: Hotel_Dusk.jpg (333x299, 21K)

holy shit action rpg

Attached: cyberdong.jpg (650x650, 97K)

I felt that the sequel was a lot of bad, certainly not nearly as good as the first (but still had kino moments e.g. bear chase).

>Close Combat: First to Fight

Tried that. Could've been decent if the AI worked as intended

>simple enjoyable run and gun action is a positive
> the 2 bottom negatives are that it is just simple enjoyable run and gun action
who reviews this shit?

Attached: Remember-Me-PC-Game-Free-Download.jpg (963x1211, 790K)

>Microsoft has announced that Brute Force has become the fast selling game in the Xbox library to date, beating out even Halo in its first week of sales.

Attached: brute_force.jpg (1600x1070, 493K)

Still play TAM in this and some custom Onslaught server. Trial servers were pretty fun too, but they aren't a thing anymore.

There's a command called "randomtaunt" you can pipe bind this to your movement keys. It looks like your character is spazzing out and makes you impossible to hit.

Hell yeah! Delta force series was great aswell though, i like Black Hawk down best. Delta Force Xtreme sucked though

Attached: lostcoast.jpg (460x215, 18K)

the church was nice

I feel like we could post most of the original xbox library here

i gotchu bro

Attached: 1537313882579.png (800x1147, 1.56M)

I think GoG has that now, great game

Gaming was just never be this good again.

Attached: drakan-the-ancient-gate-ps2-D_NQ_NP_13929-MLM20081838077_042014-F.jpg (1200x802, 195K)

Great game, was a pioneer game.

A shame they never released this on PC. Why?