What are the odds of Nintendo doing a hardware upgrade in the vein of Xbox One X and PS4 Pro?

What are the odds of Nintendo doing a hardware upgrade in the vein of Xbox One X and PS4 Pro?

Especially with BOTW 2 possibly being able to promote it via graphic enhancements.

Attached: WCCFnintendoswitchmodels.jpg (740x360, 72K)

Zero. Nintendo quit give a shit about power of their consoles ages ago.
I don't blame them. Modern consoles are embarrassing anyway considering their just overpriced underpowered computers.

Attached: 1544859264090.png (637x609, 289K)

They are gonna have to when ps5 and xbox2 drops next year. Maybe they will call it SwitchU.

>What is the New 3DS

3DS was underpowered compared to its competition.

Just like the Switch.

Yes and?

Well the first point was that you were wrong about Nintendo not caring about the power of their consoles, which ties into the second point of the Switch being likely to get a hardware upgrade version as it is both underpowered and Nintendo previously did the same as the 3DS.

Attached: 1-ani-phoenix-document.gif (168x140, 21K)

Sony or Microsoft have a portable system on the market?

Can't fit more on a handheld unless they want it to melt and drain the battery in 5 seconds. They have to suck it up and make a console.

Vita
It's not much but it still existed.

The Switch isn't underpowered compared to the Vita, and isn't an active competitor to it. So making a more powerful Switch in response to competition being more appealing and/or powerful makes no sense. It pretty much has none unless you count phones/tablets.

At this point I just want them to have better QC on the joycons, I'm tired of waiting but I'm way too paranoid to play the joycon lotto.

Attached: 1534443785334 2.jpg (1194x670, 94K)

>and isn't an active competitor to it.
Nether is the Switch to consoles like the PS4 or Xbox One.

That's my point. Reading comprehension.

Extremely likely, but not soon. Maybe in like a year or two

They made an upgraded hardware you dimwit with the n3ds and dsi. They will do the same with the switch.

Why would they? What handheld do they have to compete against? They already aren't competing on the home console front, so that's not a factor.

I bought a 15$ kit that came with 2 spare sticks and replaced them myself in an hour.

For profit? Its a chance to add something minor and charge an extra 80 dollars for it.
Most switch owners will buy another switch.

>What handheld do they have to compete against?
With how Xenoblade 2 looks in handheld mode I'd say they're competing against the 3DS.

>ywn play xenoblade or fire emblem without lag because nintendo just refuses to make anything more powerful than a potato and wires

Attached: 1540673364002.jpg (720x715, 55K)

They dont have enough ro back it up in terms of existing games, games coming out in the next 5-8 months, there will be no incentive buying a "pro" edition because it will not juice up botw, odyssey, mk8, etc etc. Links Awakening, witcher 3, botw2 are the best gsmes coming out currently and that alone doesnt make more people want to buy a whole switch. Nintendo would be stupid to push out a "stronger" unit

The new iterations of the switch are ploys to sell more units. Nintedo is losing their touch with pumping out games in a timely fashion.

There are much easier and less costly ways to generate profit than a new hardware SKU. The Switch Mini has a reason to exist. It reduces the unit price to entice customers on the fence and drive software sales, which is where the big margins are made. A premium-priced Super Switch just sounds like wishful thinking from faggots with buyer's remorse.

the "new" 3ds was still a piece of shit.

Effort? Fuck that noise.

Not til late 2020

Any addition upgrade they do, they can overcharge it to the customers still maintaining their profit margin. Switch owners will buy a new one and those who wanted a new switch but not a weak sys can be tricked into buying one.
They can also have gamecube or wii emu on the pro version exclusively to give more incentive to buy the pro version.
I might be wrong but they once said something retarded like they can do snes emu on the n3ds but not on 3ds. They can pull something off like that for the switch.

Barely anyone who owned an original DS/DS Lite or 3DS/2DS upgraded to the improved models of those, in fact even after they were released they kept underselling the less powerful versions for a long time, the whole life of the DS in fact in that case. So your insistence that Switch owners are just going to upgrade to a more powerful 'Pro' version is highly suspect. Also the restrictions on SNES virtual console games was a completely valid technical one. It took a significant amount of optimization and work to get a SNES emulator working at any acceptable speed on the original 3DS, and even now the emulator has compatibility issues with a lot of games. So calling that 'retarded' further makes me distrust your expert analysis of the situation.

>original 3ds cannot run snes emu
There are homebrew emus that can run snes roms seemlessly.
>upgraded models undersold
It sold well enough for nintendo to try it again. Unless it completely tanks, theres no reason not to sell a ""upgraded"" version.
>makes me distrust your expert analysis of the situation.
Get expert help for your autism.

Go run any game that uses a separate effects chip on that emulator and get back to me on how 'seamless' it is.
But you've convinced me with the tried-and-true 'say they have autism' strategy. Nintendo is definitely making a 4k capable Switch upgrade and announcing it in the next Direct.

Well they could have hand picked snes roms to sell on vc. They did the same thing with gba vc saying they cannot do gba emu properly eventhough they already had gba vc for the ambassador prog.
I never said itll be a major upgrade you retard. Itll most likely be a higher/more stable framerate with a better/bigger display towards the end of its life cycle.

What happened to just learning to use your hardware better and making more of it?
I hope it never comes to pass, but I hope that they provide patches for Switch 2 titles that push up framerates, resolution, texture filtering and anti aliasing.

>Switch Lite doesn’t connect to the TV
>Switch Pro doesn’t have its own screen
I would be okay with this.

The question I have is could games already released for the current switch benefit from being played on a Switch Pro?