Progression of power

Progression of power

What games have good progression of power? Example, you start off pretty powerless/lose power then gain it back and more. I like Metroidvanias but am a bit burnt out on the genre.

Attached: 89765.jpg (546x422, 70K)

Why does Ridley look sad they were never friends. Also why does that little girl have a shirt dick under her arm?

Cause hes a sadist and enjoys stringing people along. Although I would not be opposed to a "nice" space dragon.

Attached: 67457.png (616x250, 195K)

fable?

IIRC Ridley's regarded as a complete monster by the rest of his species.

Kingdom hearts

Nu-XCOMs.

im playing through dishonored for the first time and its pretty good for that

i thought nintendo of america made that up during localization

Roguelites/roguelikes where you can grab a bunch of power-ups like isaac or necrodancer

Invisible Inc could scratch your itch, it's turn based cyberpunk stealth game where you start as complete underdog with few agents and gadgets and buff your crew up.

I actually really liked 2 for this, by the end you're gliding around weaving around the battlefield, blocking combos adequately, etc. There is never really a point where it was a huge power spike jump either.

have you played hollow knight

Witcher 1, you go from getting your shit squeezed from your intestines by ghost dogs to turning drowners/drowned dead into mario goombas soon as you get your silver sword.

Another great one, I plan to go back and finish god home before silksong comes out. I was burnt out when I realized the final ordeal was every boss and I had enough trouble beating this fucker at the end of the previous one.

Attached: acceptance.jpg (708x505, 83K)

I have actually prevented myself from playing Witcher 2/3 because I want to play them in order, maybe it's time

shit, good luck user
i gave up after beating the first four pantheons

You ought to because unlike Mass Effect this one actually manages to carry over your decisions between games. 2 sucks get ready to just rush it so you can go to 3

Terraria has a pretty fun power curve. You start off with a shitty stick to jab enemies with, but then you keep finding new gear with crazy powers such as double jumps or grappling hooks. All the fun of metroidvania power advancement, but in a very different package.

Stalker: shadow of chernobyl has surprisingly great progression. You start off struggling to fend off wild dogs and end up hunting mutant bloodsuckers. Your character never gets innately stronger though, it's mostly just access to equipment and learning the proper use of it.

There is, once you get valor form the game becomes an X-mashing beat em up, save for bosses that don't allow forms/limits.

I always thought Jak 3 had one of the best progressions ever. Now, it's not like an RPG where you really go from absolure zero to legend- you've already got your basic movement abilities from the other games- but the consistency with which it happens and the new abilities themselves are really cool.

New guns, more armor, the jetboard is a big one, and then of course the new powers. Unleash more destruction as dark jak, then fucking heal yourself, use a shield, stop time and FLY as light jak. Then after you beat the game you can turn on infinite ammo and invincibility and infinite powers lol

Otherwise, any good western RPG has great progression, where it's also balanced so you don't become ridiculously perfect. Alpha Protocol is a good example.

devil may cry series is pretty good

Mount and Blade.
Go from peasant to emperor, from a guy in rags wielding a rusty blade to an invincible mounted god of death, backed up by an army of knights. It does progression better than anything else I've played.

i wish life worked liked that

>gain xp for doing things
>gain new powers from walking around discovering new locations
>sell any thing you find while out and about to any vendor

But seriously it kinda does work that way, even a weak little baby can grow up to be the strongest man