Why can't Bethesda studios make a good fallout or elderscrolls game anymore...

Why can't Bethesda studios make a good fallout or elderscrolls game anymore? The fallout franchise was built on "here's a wasteland scenario, now you make the decisions and the decisions you make actually impact the world" now it's just lies, you can't choose anything that meaningfully impacts the world, I couldn't join the raiders and massacre the last of the minute men, I couldn't decide to let Kellogg live and I couldn't decide to really do anything besides be the good guy

Attached: images (66).jpg (519x591, 39K)

>why can't Bethesda make a good Fallout game anymore
When the fuck did they make a good Fallout game?

Reminder that pic related happened under Bethesda's watch and there are going to be shills coming in this thread asking 'wHaTz wROnGG witTH tHiS LinEE?"

Attached: Heres+a+brilliant+bit+of+dialogue+from+fallout+3+_95869ed0c7c4fc59a679de39a55f88cc1.jpg (800x600, 48K)

The only bad ES games are Arena and Oblivion.

Fallout 76 was a stinker and the last stinker before that was Daggerfall.
Not a bad track record at all.

too hard make skyrim

Calm your horses faggot, NV wasn;t that outstanding either.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every conceivable way.

Fair point, vegas is the only good first person fallout game and I wish Obsidian would just take over the franchise

>Calling Oblivion bad when Skyrim exists

And here comes the astroturfing bugthesdrones.

It had the world building right, but I don't know, I am looking at Outer Worlds, it's just not very appealing to me.

>Not enough enemies
>rpg mechanics

soulless game, they should use Doom as their model for other games and make doomlikes

Attached: 3F7A632D-24A9-4F27-8020-0733570F5146.jpg (540x960, 79K)

You haven't played the first 2 fallout games have you user?

>talking about Fallout
>let's poison the well by bringing up Outer Worlds

Leave, bugthesdrone.

I made the first post, you absolute dumbass. I just said it because you are trying to start a franchise war, so I am reminding you of your place. There is nothing worse than an Obsidrone blindly sucking on Avellone's cum.

fpbp

why do you think I said that in the first place?

I actually remember thinking Fallout 4 had the most dynamic world, but after playing for longer I realized it was mostly procedural smoke and mirrors, and a lot of it happens regardless of your actions.

>anymore
lol
literally mindless.

More like
>talking about a studio taking back the franchise
>mention how the studio in its current state is going to shit
I don;t know, that sounds like a pretty reasonable approach to me.

>I just said it because you are trying to start a franchise war
Oh, you fucking disingenuous little shit.
Do not fucking tell me that this thread wasn't some cover tattempt to try to start debate about Bethesda's merits and handling of the Fallout franchise versus Obsidian.

Do us all a favor and dunk your head in wet cement and keep it there.

because no matter how streamlined or dumbed down the games get, they sell like hotcakes. Skyrim and Fallout 4 are both games that normies will play to make themselves seem like bigger "gamers" to look down upon the people who play CoD or FIFA instead. I think that the best thing to come from the Fallout 76 disaster was that the Overton window shifted against bethesda and all the fat gaming "journalist" channels will use any excuse to trashtalk Bethesda. It's overkill, but it's probably a good thing that Bethesda knows they're not invincible anymore

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 66K)

I don't know what this thread was, I didn't make the thread, genius.

Do I have to spell it out for you? This is a thread about Fallout, not Outer Worlds.

Please keep up, brainlet.

Sweatie, the thread is about Bethesda, maybe you should get your eyes checked. Why are you shilling for Obsidian, seeing how anal you are about staying on topic? :)

Made this thread to complain about Bethesda studios, nothing more and nothing less

>Why can't Bethesda studios make a good fallout or elderscrolls game anymore?

they never could

The fallout franchise doesn't exist in a vacuum. Various teams and companies all contributed to this franchise OUTSIDE OF BETHESDA.
God, you're so fucking dumb it hurts.

Oh, don't try to justify yourself, you fucking cunt, be a big man and take the L.

The implication here is that it’s a small town and him being the sheriff would instantly recognize a middle aged newbie. Fucking retard

>expecting 3d games to be as complex as top-town 2d RPGs where 99% of the game takes place in text

They definitely have chosen the easy way after Skyrim, but they have been testing the waters since Oblivion and the horse armor DLC.

>Why can't Bethesda studios make a good fallout game anymore?
>posts the best game in the series

>the best game in the series

Attached: 177995-fallout-2-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x854, 136K)

i know people meme that because the roleplay is bad, its automatically a bad fallout game, but i put way more hours into in that NV simple because theres much more to do and combat is actually fun.

Attached: funtown.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

The combat in NV is not fun.

At least 70% of the people in the town can be described as 'middle-aged'.
If you walk into any part of the world and ask anyone 'have you seen a middle-aged guy' you will be treated like an idiot or you will be asked to be more clear.

Eat a dick, Todd.

Attached: 14259-0-1464382264.jpg (2560x1440, 1.77M)

i mean into fo4 compared to nv

>'wHaTz wROnGG witTH tHiS LinEE?"
Stop talking in twitter memes faggot

yeah, sorry, misread. I don't know, gameplay was better but still worse than an fps for me, so it wasn't a saving grace. I did have a limited amount of fun with the companions though, those were fairly well done.

you came from a vault, you know nothing about the world, seems like that's how you'd describe your dad, you have no idea how many people are in that town or how old they are, plus the sheriff instantly recognizes you're an outsider so your father is too

Fallout 4 is not as amazing as the mainstream reviews made it out to be but it absolutely isn't nowhere as terrible as Yea Forums puts it out to be. It's a fun looter shooter with rpg elements and outstanding exploration and world building (Bethesda is terrible at making rpgs and writing but they have some talented people in the art and world department)

>combat is actually fun

sure if you like 7th gen CoD

>have you seen a guy who looks like me and is wearing a blue jumpsuit with a big yellow number on it????

There you go, Todd.
I fixed your stupid writing for you.

>Bethesda art design
>good

Attached: sK1OPdY.png (696x475, 904K)

He was wearing a doctor's coat.

I am all for qualifying statements, but this is taking it two steps too far.

If fallout for you is about great rpg mechanics, meaningful choices and good story telling, fallout 4 isn't for you

if fallout for you is about chill exploring a post apocalyptic world, looting and killing enemies, fallout 4 is for you

it's that simple, and both sides are right. Thing is the first group of people can always go and play any other rpg, the second group doesn't have much choice in terms of other games ( I don't mean that as Fallout 4 is terrible but the only choice)

great art here

Attached: 42dc2dd151ca5c0e70b6b5758feb1249.png (1418x956, 3.74M)

Fallout 4 is ugly as sin.
Even the Legion in FO:NV had a far more aesthetic design even though they're wearing repurposed sports gear.

I was talking about the world, not armor, I doubt the same people building the world are doing the armor, plus you nitpicked the bad looking armor parts in the game, the rest is ok, and stuff like the robot and marine armor is amazing

Or you know, you didn't play the game

>I am going to talk without saying anything to sound smart and reasonable

its not just armor

Attached: AssaultrifleFO4.png (960x411, 296K)

>if fallout for you is about chill exploring a post apocalyptic world, looting and killing enemies, fallout 4 is for you
Never was the original point of Fallout.
Have an actual opinion instead of being a fence-sitting dingus.

>Or you know, you didn't play the game
Oh, you mad.

I think it's pretty reasonable and and why would I want to try and sound smart for no reason? I'm not a pretentious cunt

bro where does the left hand go lmao

I'm not mad at all, I had fun playing Fallout 4 for over 300h, Yea Forums is the one who's mad because nobody can enjoy things they don't like

>and I couldn't decide to really do anything besides be the good guy
Yeah man, joining the Institute, the people who kidnap and convert people into super mutants and destroy towns is TOTALLY good.

You're pretty defensive for someone who isn't mad.

>Never was the original point of Fallout

It wasn't for you, but it clearly was for a lot of people, you seem to have a problem with diverging opinions

It's not a 'reasonable' position. God, you're disingenuous.

Fallout was never about looting, shooting, or exploration. For fuck's sakes, you can beat both Fallout 1 and 2 without ever picking up 'le epic quality plasma rifle' or 'artifact tier power armor with gold plating'.
People played the games because of its intriguing writing and characters, something which is clearly absent in every Bethesda-made Fallout title.

>Fallout 4 is good if you ignore the fact that it does a shitty job of doing the things the series is known for.
For every step forward that game made, it took 10 steps back. Those steps back were noticable and every improvement made to the game turned bad mechanics into mediocre one.

"Both sides are right" is usually uttered by people who try to appear smart (and it's wrong 90% of the time)

What you should really be asking is why havent other companies copied these games? The open-world, do-what-you-want RPG seems to be very popular and profitable, yet Bethesda seems to be the only company making them like this. Any other dev that tries its hand at the open world concept inevitably fucks it up by explicitly trying to be different when all they would have to do is take Skyrim and give it a new skin.

Le radical centrist redditor who watches Rick and Morty

Exactly.

>marine armor
>good
What is the point of all those useless pouches that are tiny and aren't even accessible by the wearer. I understand that the Marine Corps is an amphibious, maritime service but that doesn't mean that they wear armor that looks like an early 1900's diving suit

Attached: Fo4fh-nate-marine-armor.jpg (468x660, 154K)

>What kinda armor do you want?
>Just SAW-trap me up, senpai

Attached: FO4-nate-sturdy-raider.jpg (508x712, 396K)

The chest and head are fine, but the arms and leg components are definitely overdesigned

What the fuck is that on his chest? Gas canister? For what fucking purpose?

I have fun romping around with powerarmor and a giant robot backing me up with heavy explosives. Main quest so far hasn’t been great and Nuka world is pretty bad but I hear good things about the other main dlc.

Imo the helmet looks like it weighs a ton, I'm also not a fan of helmets/masks that cover up the entire lower half of the face because that means you can't shoulder a rifle properly. There's no reason for it to be a gas mask too, other than to look intimidating. All the tubes and shapes on the chest are useless, it would have been better to be a flat piece of armor like the Fallout 3/NV combat armor. If it was named something like "Combat Diver Armor" or "Frogman" armor that would make more sense

Nuka world has a pretty great world to explore, far harbor is god tier yes, probably the best thing bethesda ever made

Who even worked on Far Harbor, specially the writing? No way it was the same people of the base game

more things=it looks better

>seems like that's how you'd describe your dad
You're retarded then. The Lone Wander wasn't living in a cave by himself: it was a vault full of people, so it's not like he'd be so incredibly socially inept. Even if you say "but they all knew each other in the vault," then obviously your idea of a socially inept Lone Wanderer would give the name of James and expect they know him. You also couldn't assume that middle age people aren't amongst the population in the wasteland as Lucas Simms is fukken 41. It also couldn't be assumed that there aren't outsiders regularly passing through to Megaton as Deputy Weld is out there to welcome visitors. Besides, if your justification is that he would base his answer on the thought that there's an extreme contrast between the wasteland and the vault, then the option obviously should've been to bring up the fact that he's a vaulter in a 101 suit, even if it's covered by a lab coat.

Its literally he exact same team of people.

they must have been having pretty darn good months then

Its literally the exact same level of writing in both.

The only difference between base Fo4 and Far Harbor is that the MQ of Fallout 4 is like NV, where each of the main factions are ideologically opposed to such levels that it doesn't make sense that you could bring them together, whereas the faction of Far Harbor are not, thus it makes sense that you can.

Its the exact same level of writing in both, only the situations are different and thus give different options.

I think my main gripe with nukaworld is being a raider doesn’t agree with my character so after I killed them all like half the appeal of the dlc was removed. They should’ve had a merchant trade route system or something for people that don’t want to be a raider.

It's almost as if working on smaller density worlds is always better and produces more results than having huge empty open worlds and npcs and quests for the sake of having npcs and quests

>han having huge empty open worlds and npcs and quests for the sake of having npcs and quests
This is true, but not really reflective of Fallout 4.

I roleplayed as pretending to be helping them restore the park, you don't actually do anything bad in those quests, you can even kill some of them out the world if you see them doing something morably questionable. I gave them resources at the same time but I just ended up killing all of them when they force you to raid your settlements and it felt good.

they went full retard on that dlc, people complained they can only play as the good guy and have good dialogue choices for most of the game adn you can't really play as an evil character, so they did it the other way around in nuka world

> people complained they can only play as the good guy and have good dialogue choices for most of the game
Which is hilarious because of how untrue it is.

Every worthwhile bethesda game (aka only morrowind and skyrim) actually gave people a unique experience that they wanted for the most part. Bethesda has never been able to match the gameplay design of the greats they've only been relevant because they offered something unique. Once they stop doing that or unless they can somehow improve their engineering and design the company is looking at a death spiral. Every other top game studio can do a chunk of what bethesda incorporates into TES better than bethesda. Bethesda needs to improve or once again offer something nobody else is offering.
>morrowind
the first fully 3d open world first person RPG set in a compelling universe with an enjoyable story, amazing for its time but 15 years later after hundreds of copycats that in itself isn't impressive anymore. Not only that but anybody sane expects the actual gameplay design to be top notch which obviously todd howard can't do
>skyrim
first crafted open world game of a popular franchise to offer mod support, minecraft was already a thing by release but skyrim had much more shit to play around with than blocks meaning the mod community was always bound to take off.

Attached: 2989290289089.gif (600x520, 263K)

For Morrowind you left out the single most important thing that made it a success.
It was on consoles.

...because Bethesda didn't invent Fallout?

Liar.

right my bad you're 100% on that