youtube.com/watch?v=QWJFudlrgvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Shitty game crashes
>Guy refunds
He was in the right.

What's wrong with the source port?

>buying old games on steam
pointless gamble

this. valve doesnt give a fuck if the game actually works on your system. just buy the game, goy.

How will Carmack ever recover

>40yo furry
jesus fucking tap dancing christ

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-24-15-01-22-535.jpg (641x346, 120K)

Maybe an uneducated gamble.

Attached: 1543085214602.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

people are just so lazy. there's no reason to play the bog standard 1996 version anymore when you have a multitude of sourceports that include al the modern qol things you could ever want including making the game ugly as fuck with "hd textures" and obnoxious eye raping cinematic filters.

Why buy it on steam at all when goh actually gives a shit to make sure old games work out of the figurative box? Fuck Gabe and his lazy ass Steam employees.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-17-23-38-46-500.jpg (1089x665, 338K)

Zoom zoom indeed

I'm afraid to see what gaming becomes when it's their turn to carry the industry on.

>Buy game
>Game doesn't work properly
>This is somehow my fault
Good goy

gog

Seriously pisses me off that massive popular games like Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) and KoTOR have busted ass steam versions, especially when working versions are widely available For older games GOG has become my go-to since they actually make sure the games they sell to me are playable.

One of the few eldritch gods of incels. If you're not over that shit by 17 you're fucked desu

>imagine being this much of a zoomer not to just download a sourceport
>imagine being this much of a zoomer that downloading something is 'too much work'
>imagine being a zoomer

must have been quite the exercise just buying the game huh?

Attached: tenor.gif (320x212, 1009K)

i have kotor1 and quake on gog and i still had to fuck with them. literally the only benefit of the gog version of quake is having the original image with the nine inch nails soundtrack, but you're going to rip it anyways, so why even waste the time when you can just download the mp3 from a billion places. as far as kotor goes i had to use a fan fix exe just to get widescreen to work even on the gog version. most of old games on gog have stickies for fan fixes and shit to install.

Is this the zoomer athem?
youtube.com/watch?v=gTIcIzKjGjg

quake sucks

Yeah if a game didn't release with at least Vista support I buy it on GOG instead.

And even then I google the Vista compatible ones to see how they run on modern OS/cards.

Explain to me why source ports are bad.

>trying to play fallout 1 for the first time
>no fucking sound
I would have refunded it but it took less than five minutes to find the problem and the solution.

>implying installing a sourceport like Quakespasm takes more than 5 minutes

It takes more than five minutes to make a forum post, wait for a response then do whatever I need to do. My problem was solved with a quick google search and changing one thing in my settings. If I needed to download something to get my sound working, I would have refunded.

You missed the part where it only crashed for him and he refunds like it was the game.

>doesnt use the pc-gaming wiki

>tfw i had to watch a youtube video to make fallout 3 work

Attached: 1565528125109.jpg (606x453, 76K)

They're not bad. They're better than the official ports.
OP is complaining about the dude refunding the game.

ROFL BRO HAHA SO FUCKING FUNNY I SAID ROFL

tfw actualy liked this movie

Attached: 453334245.jpg (292x235, 24K)

fucking games for windows live

The intetesting part is that the guy managed to fuck something up on his own end. Old GLQuake will run fine on any modern OS including the latest Windows 10.

>WAAAAAH CHILDREN SHOULD WORSHIP THE SAME TURDS I DID WAAAAAH

>buy game, game doesn't work
>dude just go to my geocities page and download one of sixteen versions of the game, maybe one of them will work
>no thanks

How is this peak zoomer? Who wants to research whether QuakeZL or 2Qu@k3 or QuakeJIDF are going to work on your machine?

That's autism. Who has time for that shit? Even if you do, you should not be surprised if somebody doesn't want to do CS homework just to get an ancient game running.

>put in effort to play this outdated garbage!

Attached: 1564190647337.png (1064x1727, 3.43M)

Why the fuck are there so many rich middle aged furries???

op confirmed for fag, thats always good.

>buy game
>doesn't work
>requires extra work arounds when a paid product should work immediately
cringe commie zoomers above me

>my geocities page and download one of sixteen versions of the game
lol you're trying way too hard

BASED

Isn't it literally drag and drop?

Really lives up to his name

he refunds it because it doesnt work for him
who gives a fuck about anyone else if the shit you recieved doesnt work

>buy product
>it doesn't fucking work
>return it
since when was this a zoomer thing to do?
It isn't the consumers duty to ensure your broken ass shit works

Attached: numbers, NUMBERS.gif (460x337, 2.51M)

What is this supposed to be a tier list of exactly? I know they're all FPS games, but why these and not others? It's missing every Wolfenstein before TNO, for instance.

Also imagine paying for an open source game

as opposed to trying way to hard with "download some malware from a russian botnet in order to play an outdated and inferior unreal tournament game"

>Deus Ex in C tier
>invisible war in the same tier as DNF

Attached: 1473440543808.jpg (109x139, 13K)

>majority of fps in the higher tiers are console games
>half-life 2, the original cinematic corridor fps, is highest

Attached: 1557065162769.jpg (431x420, 40K)

If games like Quake and Doom are open source, why is it still illegal to distribute anything other than the freeware versions? Is it something stipulated in the license?

>rich
get a job lmao

move

Attached: my-image.jpg (1064x1607, 881K)

>buy very old game
>be surprised you have to put in a small effort to make it work
At least you can get it to work, unlike console bullshit.

Though old games being resold and then not working is fucking retarded. They should be made to work on modern systems. Everyone is in the wrong here

>Old game that has issues also has easy fix
>too lazy to do said easy fix

More of an effort was put into getting his money back rather than getting 1 thing to fix it

Amazing, never change you fucking speds

>nu-Doom, Niggerfield, Gaylo, and nu-Killing Floor in S tier
BIG yikes.
Not even gonna look at the rest.

The engines themselves have been made freeware with source code released by id, but the game assets are still protected by copyright.

you're still trying way to hard. its four steps and one file. you have have to go through more steps to actually refund the game.

Attached: 1540136034945.png (673x368, 51K)

>buy a product
>it doesn't work
>ask for a refund

What's wrong with this mentality?

When I try to play Age of Empires my screen blacks out but the volume still works

This is the problem with pc gaming. It has a lot of advantages over consoles but the latter just works.

For real. If you buy some furniture that isn't assembled, dont feel like putting it together, you can return it. It's really not that big of a deal.

>put ps2 game in ps4
>wont work
>put 20 year old game in pc
>it works with a patch

Alot if it takes more effort to refund the product instead of take 4 simple steps and one download to fix it all because you were 'too lazy' to do things the easy way

but zoom zoom i fucking guess

>Isolation that low
zoomer opinion

both of those worked just fine for me

the furniture works if you put it together though. its more like buying a box of furniture but instead of following the instructions in the box, you follow ones made by people who have the original blueprints and tell you how to assemble it in a better way that preserves the original look of the furniture you wanted but its put together in a much better way that fixes flaws of its original factory design.

Attached: IMG_20190706_111042.jpg (1706x1378, 874K)

>being this triggered

forty fuckin keks

Attached: 38081f9c3005657_112112.gif (112x112, 6K)

>omnicron costs $10 on steam but can't be played on any modern OS
STFU BITCH

Attached: 1565872961575.jpg (1000x1000, 311K)

putting far cry 5 that high is correct and based. Its the best open world shooter currently

i can smell the salt

I'm 33, and I've played the original Quake back in the day, and I don't know what a "sourceport" is. What does being a "sourceport" even mean? It's like you're telling me to just download the gooble-gobble. Like, explain it's basic functions, so I can contextualize it in my mind, please.

The game's engine, separate from the assets (such as the models, maps, textures, sounds etc), is taken and modified to run better on modern machines and operating systems. The engines were originally coded to work on the hardware of the day which are lacking a lot of features that modern hardware has available. Quake, unmodified, does not support modern monitor resolutions and color output. In order to get these features, the engine must be modified to do so.

System shock 2 used to be literally unplayable cause it would crash at a certain point in the intro sequence and it happened for almost everyone.

did they ever fix it?

It's the ports that allow Quake to be launched on modern tech and OS. And allows for crazy mod support like Arcane Dimensions or gameplay stuff like
youtube.com/watch?v=QWJFudlrgvo or Slayer's Testament. Check out the OP in /vr/ for more stuff

>dude, do other things
>I will refund since I can't just buy and play
Fair play. It's up to the devs to be actually competent and make an optimised game.

Attached: t.jpg (629x503, 24K)

Your post reads like it's sarcastic, especially with that picture, but how is your statement unreasonable?

It is, but sometimes, the game is worth the 10 sec google search, like Quake, like Heroes of Might and Magic II, like Build engine classics, like the original Hal-life WON build(unavailable on steam), like the PC port of Dark Souls, you get the idea

Attached: rev3.gif (100x100, 20K)

I just used that picture since people will gang up in him for not searching for shit to make his game run.
I'm not being sarcastic.

cod 2 fails to start unless there's something connected to the mic input.

Most of the shit in C is infinitely better than the shit in B.
Who the fuck made this?

Of course. But devs also need to put in the effort to make the game able to run.

>game doesnt work
>gets his money back
absolute chad

yeh, its fixed. i play it on win10 steam version no issues

Agreed.
Even in my example, Dark Souls to be exact, the fix is so easy you wonder why the dev didn't bother. But even then it's worth the pain in the ass.

Open source doesn't mean free, fucking retard

>pays money for game
>is expected to go through extra hoops to play the game he paid money for
>somehow refusing to do that bullshit instead of playing a functioning game is bad
Cope harder, faggot.

this, im certainly never buying an older game on steam again after realizing that GOG actually puts in effort to fix them before selling them to people. Steam is just a pile of shit with zero quality control

>far cry 5 better than anything in S or A
>isolation that high
whoever made this has less than 10 friends

Attached: 1563381299952.jpg (807x605, 145K)

Guilty.

Attached: retard.jpg (1076x746, 82K)

I'm definitely not a zoomer, but I agree, software should work without downloading extra software, or heavily messing with the program's files or whatever.

>MS doesn't fix GfWL or patch it out for developers.
>Developers don't do it either
Their fault, not yours.

>hey you should buy this game with me its really fun
>it works pretty well you just need to patch something out or else it wont run smoothly
>"ehhh idk, what would i have to do"
>download [link] and then paste the files into [folder] and it will work
>"eh, i dont really want to do that. i dont trust that link"
why are so many pc gamers so fucking lazy that they cant copy and paste fucking files. ive stopped playing games with a few people because if something doesnt work flawlessly then they dont want any part of it

>the pirated version is better than the bought version
Many such cases. SAD!

Attached: 1563841752546.jpg (327x333, 24K)

If the dev can't be arsed to fix his shit why should I?

One of the benefits of having vista for the past ten years. Wish I kept it and just bought a new computer, using the older one for older shit

Software that you purchase, at least. I'm not sure why the bother putting a price tag on games like Quake and Doom if they don't even run properly on modern machines natively. At that point you're just purchasing a license to the assets. It's not difficult to get these games to run, but its inexcusable to ask for money if they are never going to be supported again. Even Valve still pushes out very small updates and fixes to the GldSrc engine and related games every now and again.

Quake looks really fun but man it's prone to problems.
Maybe it's just me sucking at setting up older games but GLQuake was a huge pain to set up.
For starters, I couldn't even play it in fullscreen since every time I click it would close the tab, so I have to play it in windowed mode now.
Coupled with the fact getting the mouse movement took way too much work that was probably my fault for messing around with settings that I didn't know what they did
But then the UI was too small so I had to spend another few minutes messing with that.
By the time I was done setting everything up, I wasn't sure if it was even worth it since afaik quake 2 doesn't even work with glquake.
I want to like quake but geez if quake 2 will waste this much time to set up then I don't even want to bother
(Once I did get it working it was pretty fun though so there's that atleast)

Because the "dev" hasn't been the dev in 25 years, idiot.

you kinda see it already in the constant dumbing down of everything from windows to chrome browser taking a lot of agency out of the user

In the case of Doom and Quake, you're paying for the ORIGINAL Doom and Quake, Windows 95 engine and all. Stop being retarded, and use a sourceport, or how about don't pay for the games in the first place since none of the original devs are getting any of the money from it.

Literally a non issue just google what to do, the only time i couldn't get something working on steam was stalker for some reason

Fellow boomers, what are some must play classic shooters besides obvious Build trinity, Doom/Quake series and Heretic/Hexen series?

Attached: 1566177240759.png (308x253, 152K)

I bet you don't do any content for/related to games you like, zoomer.
Even youtube fags are better than you, they at least MAKE something, even if it's low effort shit.

If whoever is making money from my purchase can't be arsed to fix his shit why should I you tremendous faggot?

if you could just drop a few files in the game directory and have fun and enjoy it why wouldn't you?

>buying a game without knowing if it would work in the first place
>buying anything ever without doing a proper research

Attached: b663cc32a93e1ddb375e66c60410b38d.jpg (620x444, 60K)

Nothing really beats Quake.

why didn't you just google it?

Don't play it then, idiot lmao

>buying old games

>buy product
>product doesn't work
>refund product
>ZOOMERS REEEEEEEEE
nuke this board already jesus christ

I accept your concession

>buy product
>doesn't work
>hey man just use these files and have fun! also all these old bugs were fixed and some neat stuff was added. also you don't the cd anymore. and hey all that music that was removed is back in the game too.
>NOOOO I WONT DO THAT
nuke yourself already jesus christ

Yeah, but then why did he make the thread of he was just going to refund anyway? That's the most zoomer-y part of it all.

Pc gaming in a nutshell.

If devs didn't bother fixing it why would you?

yes I wont, if I wanted to do that I would have pirated in the first place, go fuck yourself worthless kike redditor soi "male" corporate apologist

Yeah on consoles every game runs like shit so you already know what you're buying.

That's not what he said, All he did was namedrop random ass words together expecting a new player to understand what the fuck he was talking about.

>the game i bought doesnt work
>le just download this version of the game for free
>dont refund the thing you bought though or youre a zoomer haha

go kill yourself retard

>buying a product
>complaining that you got exactly what you were paying for and not some butchered """remaster"""

Attached: 1519657618150.jpg (1280x1024, 134K)

If you have no idea what you're talking about, why do you bother posting

The things you're exposed to in your formative years largely determine what your fetishes are.
The 80s and 90s were full of cartoons with anthropomorphized animals, animal mascots, and so on. People who were kids at that time are now middle-aged adults.
The reason they seem "rich" is because they have the income of a middle-aged person with a career, and they're willing to spend it, that's all.

Animal mascots heavily declined in the 2000s so furries should be mostly a thing of the past by the 2040s. Unless they make a comeback.

>How Valve a game is .png

you sure?
seems like theyve exploded in popularity lately.

>tfw considered most of cartoons with animals faggy shit as a kid, from Duck Tales to Lion King, with based Tom&Jerry being the only exception

Attached: 1522690727262.jpg (560x560, 34K)

>imagine thinking a product that doesn't work out of the box is acceptable
fucking zoomers

Playing quake 2 rtx has been awesome. Too bad zoomer scrubs are missing out because its not a flavor of the month br game.

Agreed.
I know the debate about "quality control" has been heavily politicized (when it fucking shouldn't be), but Steam should really crack down on games that don't run out of the box. There are games being sold on Steam that don't work on Windows 10 for god's sake. At the VERY LEAST there should be a giant warning label at the top of the store page.

Attached: Save Me Romero.jpg (538x553, 111K)

I did google it and for some reason nothing i read worked, I have an more than an hour of play time solely on stalker main menu from trying to start a new game only for it to crash/freeze

Attached: stalker.png (421x123, 84K)

Attached: 20825.png (1701x1464, 1.04M)

>not torrenting the gog version
some men just want to watch the world burn

Attached: 1359133042624.gif (478x218, 1.43M)

Where's the gamble? Either the game works or can be made to work with an amount of effort that's acceptable for you or it doesn't work or requires too much effort to fix and you just refund it.
You lose maybe 20 minutes of your time googling a fix or less if you just immediately give up and refund. What a "gamble".

>Q2
>bullet sponge
the only enemy i can think of that even qualifies for this is the shield bot which was exclusive to playstation versions

yes even back in my day games have platform exclusive content.

These old games often worked on release but aren't compatible with current systems. The developers aren't even around anymore...

Save me, Romero.

Attached: 1527252236164.jpg (640x786, 96K)

Honestly any game that's at least five years old becomes fair game for piracy in my opinion. I might give an exception for indie titles since the money still directly goes to the developer and isn't simply an asterisk in a publisher's ledger.

yeah fuck that KOTOR version. Holy fuck I had to delete some cut scense that would always crash the game and also there is a pretty common bug where my character just can't move after combat.

It's not a gamble if you actually look at the recommended hardware and system. If a game can't work properly on your modern system and you're upset, you're a retard for expecting something not created for your machine to work properly.

>try Q2 multiplayer
>weapon switch speed is fucking abysmal
>weapon pickups come with barely any ammo

t. bootlicker

Do you also buy a game for Xbox expecting it to work on Playstation and then call people who call you a retard for that bootlickers?

Attached: 1552446587214.jpg (762x785, 193K)

Late reply but shadow warrior is excellent

He did the right thing, the shitty steam version doesn't even come with the soundtrack.

Funny thing is he can still play it even after refunding it if he ever works up the muscle to download a sourceport since all you need are the .PAK files.

Attached: quakiplier.png (583x593, 683K)

Wolf3D, Rise of the triad, SW: Dark Forces, Powerslave EX (an HD port of the PS1 version, the original PC version is shit), Quake 2.
From the recent revival: Amid Evil, Ion Fury and Dusk are all fucking great. Also play the Quake mod Arcane Dimensions. Hedon is okay.

Attached: 1559745530008.jpg (560x560, 42K)

Oh and the recent remaster of Turok 1.

>this thread

Attached: 12b.png (1199x630, 1.19M)

>half-life 2 above half-life
what the fuck

Don't make me take off my belt, you little shit.

Attached: 1554445513271.gif (480x384, 1.05M)

>outdated garbage
>all that shit on top
lmoa

Attached: 1537887764492.png (1920x1080, 873K)

>Don't make me take off my belt, you little shi-

Attached: 1563716130552.webm (326x180, 772K)

That's it, you fat embarrassment, no fortnite for a week.

>That's it, you fat embarrassment, no fortnite for a we-

Attached: 1562839664893.webm (720x1280, 771K)

The fact that this list has far cry 5 above all those games and how Shadowfall is above a non-present Killzone 2 is disgusting

Excuse me, retards.

The system requirement for QUAKE as described on its Steam store page is as follows:
>A 100% Windows XP/Vista-compatible computer system
The customer, who was almost certainly not using a Windows XP/Vista-compatible computer system, is within his rights to request a refund for the game (as Valve's refund policy states that a game can be returned for any reason) but he has only himself to blame for not having read the system requirements.

>durr the product should work
It does work... on Windows XP/Vista. It also works on newer operating systems if you're willing to do some additional setup, but you should not expect it to work out of the box on anything other than XP/Vista.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-24 QUAKE on Steam.png (628x172, 14K)

because the furry shit started a long time ago and back then it wasnt about doing drugs and raping animals

>bought FFVI
>it'll just be the original game or maybe one of the port-
>phone version
Still mad.

can you motherfuckers quit it with the god damn boomer zoomer shit

Attached: 1518113192349.png (737x691, 670K)

How else are they supposed to pretend to be 30?

can confirm, half-life 2 is reddit shit that redditors dont even truly like themselves
they are like a cult and defend it on every angle

by not being a cock sucking nigger?

They do that anyway

>pretend to be 30
I don't get it. Are you really so 12 years old that you think nobody on this board is over 30? I'm 31.

fair enough

I certainly know you aren't if your'e posting zoomer boomer shit

*grabs you by the throat* back the fuck off?!

Dumb brony faggot I hope a nigger shits on your head

Attached: 1563626628457.webm (630x600, 1.23M)

Honestly I understand where he's coming from.

The fuck am I watching?

Something youve never seen,

A woman turned on.

Attached: 1562396640028.webm (364x320, 684K)

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it faggot. Daikatana was a shit show and Romero is a faggot.

Idk what any of this means? Idk whenever I put a disc into my ps4 it just plays the game like lol wtf?

Looks like she's having a seizure to me.

While hilarious. I don't understand why she socked him.

Based qt

for being a zoomer

Attached: 1559300499964.webm (360x360, 1.92M)

>like the original Hal-life WON build
wait, what? how is it different from the ones on steam?

Attached: nignogs_are_monkeys.webm (480x882, 1.81M)

Early Millennial is the only truly tech-literate generation because they must tinker their PC to make it work.

this is a millennial tinkering his pc

Attached: 1563715890656.webm (640x800, 590K)

she thought he was air humping her

He's right though. Why doesn't steam do this automatically? What the fuck is the point of steam if the user has to do an extra step that Valve should have already taken care of?

wtf white man technology is racist he was basically baited into doing that

Nerd

>For older games GOG has become my go-to since they actually make sure the games they sell to me are playable.
GOG has still been pretty hit&miss for me with Win10 without having to consult their forums or using other community patches. Their DOSBOX config wrapper could use to be more customizable also, especially with regards to audio so I don't have to fuck around with the conf files manually. Hell, if it weren't for NGlide/Dosbox/dgVoodoo which they piggyback off those efforts (legally, at least), GOG would be fucked for a lot of their releases.

because there is no shortage of games
why spend time fixing something f i could just play something else that works

haha yeah pretend
that'd be so sad if anyone on this site was 30 haha

smeone listening to a coworker but incels think if a woman looks at you it means she wants to fuck you