Is it me or is the difficulty in this game bullshit ?

Is it me or is the difficulty in this game bullshit ?

>Start a campaign as Empire in "Hard" mode
>From the start, you start up against overwhelming odds but since the IA is retarded it's ok
>Cheese my way to a decently sized territory, make peace with all my direct neighbors but VC that I'm slowly killing off
>Out of nowhere, Chaos
>5 fucking elite armies suddendly raiding my shit
>Agents everywhere
>Norska cunts raiding my coastline on top of that, spreading my armies thin
>Dwarves assholes previously neutral declare war to me out of nowhere eventho I was in good terms with them
>A doomstack of Dwarves is now razing my southern settlments one by one while my armies are bothered getting teared a new asshole by the Chaos hordes

And this is on top of all the cheats the IA is benifiting from because it's fucking braindead on battle mode. But retarded or not, you can't win when you are fighting 2v1 with Empire conscripts against Chaos Warriors, no matter how you can cheese them.
I feel like to win, I have to do everything perfectly like a fucking speed runner and at the first faux pas, I'm doomed to lag behind and eventually be overrun. That's just not fun. Feeling like an underdog is great and all but when they throw so much shit at you, it just feels unfair. Allies betray you for no reasons, neutral factions that would benefit from allying to you just give you the middle finger because fuck you, ennemies generate armies out their ass... It's like playing a shooter but you are using a supersoaker and everyone else get AKs.

I wouldn't call the game hard, it's just deeply unfair

Attached: image_cover[1].jpg (570x400, 58K)

>play on hard
>complain that the game is hard

It's way too easy even on Legendary/Vh

It's really easy once you get it, the problem with the empire is your infantry units sucks so you must use your hero and guns in order to win,

Attached: 1231314.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

hard is the default mode on this game
"normal" is the "easy" setting, and it really is easy, because as I said, the IA is retarded and don't give any challenge once in the battlefield. It's just that they cranked up that shit waaaay too much on hard, giving tons of advantages to the other factions and giving you retarded, unfun handicaps (like that fucking PO handicap, jesus christ) to make it harder.

tldr; normal is too easy

>you are fighting 2v1 with Empire conscripts against Chaos Warriors
By the time chaos rolls in you should already have top-tier units.

How do you defeat Norska armies with gunners ? Their units are fast as fuck, they close the gap way too fast for gunners to be efficient

You just need to play a little to learn how to play. I beat Legendary Empire 3 times. It's really fun but yeah. Difficulty lvl is really artifical and forced with negative morale and public order.

Attached: PRINCE AND EMPEROR.jpg (1280x720, 1.08M)

You protect your guns with your infantry.

Halberd formations with crossbows or simple a handgunner formation and just block their units while the handgunners kill them.

Attached: 21312421241421.png (988x735, 34K)

download some mods if you want something different
vanilla can require you to minmax intelligently, especially as empire since their combat efficacy relies on specialized stacks and combined arms depending on who you're sending them to fight
>Empire conscripts against Chaos Warriors, no matter how you can cheese them
Relative to your example, empire infantry, even its most elite, is supposed to be mediocre at best. Their only special quality is exceptional leadership, allowing them to buy time while the other parts of your army do work (cavalry, magic, artillery). Chaos, in contrast, is supposed to be the high quality infantry faction, but lacks elsewhere as an exchange.

Keep Norscan apes away with your infantry and shoot them. Spamming Handgunners is now always good as they need to have quite clear line of fire. Crossbowmans should be good enough as most of Norscans have low armor.

Attached: 1527877719877.png (680x575, 227K)

Just use yari wall bro

Attached: JTbJhN0-MEBZAcRqwUj5OWo6o9SKtbCSDlYArJzsMb4.png (1013x760, 115K)

Halberdiers to fix them in place, flank with gunners or just use a checkerboard/chevon formation, reiksguard to keep wolves and stuff away from the gunners I guess, you can't rely on Empire infantry to win on their own, they aren't dwarfs/high elves/chosen.

>the IA

Attached: contemplation.jpg (1400x1650, 353K)

I had 3 armies decked out with great swords, hallberds, demigryfs and hellfire batteries and 2 more cheap armies filled with spearmen just to tip the scales in auto-resolve battles. It's was still not enough, there are too many of them.
I spent the 100+ turn winning every single battle and min maxing my economy and then out of nowhere the Chaos rapetrain arrives from all sides and the dwarven cunts backstab me from the south.
My MILITARY ALLY Dwarven Kingdoms that I have a 60+ diplomacy score with REFUSES to join war against Chaos, which they are hatefull towards btw, because reasons.

What am I missing here ? There must be something, because I know people are beating this game in legendary so I clearly am doing something wrong.

Attached: 1549717795915.jpg (670x503, 31K)

Just started a tehen campaign, any tips?

Attached: 1555117088220.png (500x295, 82K)

I don't have the autism level to play Total wars on Legendary or even VH, it's just a boring grind against AI that farts out full stacks out of nowhere.

>dwarven cunts backstab me from the south
>the empire
you know, the empire have a bonus in relationship with the dwarfs, they will never betray you, you did something bad to them user.

Reminder that you can adjust campaign difficulty and battle difficulty separately from one another. I usually play on Hard or higher campaign difficulty, but stay with Normal battle difficulty because my units artificially having stat debuffs is bullshit.

Likewise you can get mods to remove the public order penalty from difficulty modes and other things like that.

>auto-resolve

I just bought total war warhammer 2, are the dlcs worth it? I really love the factions that are added, but the total cost is almost double the base game.

Attached: Warhammer_Tomb_Kings_Army.jpg (1681x1088, 198K)

GAS THE FUCKING RATS

Have you tried baiting sieges?

To be honest yes and honestly are the best dlc of any total war game.

>auto reselve
lol

Intelleganté de Artificialle

Doesn't chaos start at war with dwarfs?

Shit, that sounds awesome. I'm going to get them.

Tomb kings are great fun with varied starts, though I prefer Settra's start.
Vampirates are litteraly the best faction if you want to go full shooty armies, only Skaven with their dlc come close.

Helf/Delf DLC is meh, Skaven/Lizardmen is good. In the end it depends on if you would enjjoy playing as the factions. But in my opinion the new races are worth it.
Or just use CreamAPI

Agreed user. It feels cheap instead of a challenge. Instead of working on better ai that plays fairly and well calculated it just pops endless cash and resources. Three kingdoms takes it to a whole new level that makes you just quit because tedious ai that does not depend on the same resources the player does is just not fun.

Unless you have a shit ton of cannons, you have to use auto-resolve against Norskan 6+ Mamoth doomstacks (from the troll guy whatever his name is) because if you don't you just lose too much on the field and can't defend against other Chaos armies.
It's cheesy but it works wonders.

only whith Dwarven Kingdoms (the blue ones) the other ones are neutral by default.

Humble Bundle currently has a WH sale
>Tomb Kings for $8
>Vamp Coast for $11
>Elves lord pack for $4

No, only with Empire, Kislev, Elves and Bretonia.

seeYou not knowing this makes me question your judgement

Auto resolve will tear you up when you dont deserve it

Yeah, ok.

Attached: 1544231706210.png (1680x1050, 3.81M)

>IA
Dumb fucking esl

How is that possible. I thought they always fight Dwarfs too. They are like Terrorists they fight all. Well you are in for some fun with end game Chosen stacks user. I had giant battles with them that my full stacks of best units barely holded.

Attached: 1555337066717.jpg (865x678, 318K)

How are you even supposed to counter agent spam.
They're often very high level so you're shit out of luck if you don't have your own small army of agents trained.

Bring back the old recruitment system please.
Fuck generals and fuck garrisons.

Mammoths crumble under firepower, and their morale isn't that great from what I recall, so you can abuse that with some magic.

Auto resolve almost always punishes you harder than when you play yourself.

>buying a game you can get for free
What a cuck

which faction should i play? the faction i enjoyed most was vampire counts in warhammer 1 but i also played a bretonnian run and it was really good. any ideas?

As a Warhammer Shill I really loved Tomb kings DLC. I also recommend buying Prophet and Warlock as skaven Lord and his stuff are amazing IKIT CLAW. As for Vampirates I disliked them and didnt get them.

Attached: 1555548928860.png (900x1200, 519K)

Dwarfs as they are cool. Empire because combined arms. Tomb Kings are cool too. Skaven if you have Ikit Claw but South Lustria bowl is suffering,

Attached: 1509621164426.jpg (485x592, 94K)

play wood elfs and spam the archers that can run and gun

you're retarded and hard is extremely easy. VH and Legendary is where the real deal is and even in those difficulties the AI is retarded and can be easily clapped.

Attached: 20181201210840_1.jpg (2560x1440, 788K)

Oh fukken sick

thinking of tomb kings because dwarves has no mounted and the empire relies on ranged which i dont like.
i did a wood elfs run but it was tedious af because of that special resource to own cities and create units (forgot its name)

How does WH1 compare to 2? I own 1 although I didn't play much of it, but just curious if one is considered superior.

Its 34 turns slow for Belegar to take K8P? I got a 20 stack and across the Badlands in like 14 turns but I got hard stuck dealing with Grimgore and needing to setup a new shop. Plus I just went past the two biggest hoops in one go for the campaign so I don't know if I will continue anyways.

I always really enjoy the early game like 50-60 turns but then its a slow churn of my super army steam rolling unless some batshit weird stuff happens

Does the game have bannermen yet?

only buy two if it has a faction you really like or you have a great rig that chews through the massive turn times of the combined map

Then go for Tombs. Go for Settra.

Attached: 1516718856057.png (500x383, 254K)

LOL

banners in warhammer?
don't be silly user

It doesn't require any autism at all, really.

Just train your own agent

It requires some sort of stubbornes. Not many people would like to fight against odds of big negative public order and lower morale. While AI cheats away. Only 1% people has achivement for Norsca Legendary and only 1.4% for Legendary/VH victory with any
race.

it pisses me off that in generations of TW games, they haven't buckled down And improved the AI.
Is there no mod that fixes all this trash? did these faggots also join the "vidya as an industry" jewwagon and fire all their coders once they had a working engine they can just exchange skins on?

Attached: 1563039812377.png (866x1910, 1.26M)

Just play on Normal if you actually want to have fun.

Hard is bullshit. If you play as Dwarves many Orc units have better morale than your troops.

>Only 1% people has achivement for Norsca Legendary
That's because people usually don't finish TW campaigns.

Normal is too easy in the long run unless you are really new/bad to this, at least Hard. Legendary may be bullshit but not Hard.

Attached: 1490915461765.png (527x431, 108K)

So I'm playing modded TWW2 and I have this problem here. Anyone met with this? It's either specific mods I cannot pinpoint (I'm using 84 mods) or simply because I have too many of them active. Can't advance with the Prophecy of Sotek. Simply stuck on the first phase and can't advance further.

Attached: Cult of Sotek crash due to mod or mods.jpg (1440x810, 290K)

I guess I know that too well. But I finished alot of them in first WH. Problem was second where I started so much campagins. I played for 201h and didnt even finish Vortex once because I played on Legendary. Fucking elves were always first in ritual just sitting and jacking off on Ulthuan

Attached: 1502246212439.png (800x800, 362K)

Making good ai requires actual work and investments. Why bother when you can make money by changing unit skins from romans to barbarians to dwarfes to lizards to chinks?

passion for your media!

Attached: 1519582165733.jpg (760x1100, 199K)

was this series free yet?

"Good" AI for strategy games doesn't exist. There's just varying levels of cheating, and I doubt that any game studio could solve those AI problems on their own

>Fucking elves were always first in ritual
That doesn't matter.

the goal is took take marienburg. nothing else matters until you have it.