Bannerlord

We're going home lads

Attached: uo3wxmrz9sd31.png (5102x3407, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18533788
youtu.be/8TR6HZSUX1M?t=3978
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Droysens-21a.jpg/1024px-Droysens-21a.jpg)
youtube.com/watch?v=hpgsB817S1Q
pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-unveils-camel-mounts/
youtube.com/watch?v=zDYGRxL0V24
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/37
i.pinimg.com/originals/0f/84/09/0f8409d0c95de5f13e9e22ac45f7b9bc.jpg
warfarewest.x10host.com/6C-11C/th/Prudentius-Bern-264-p70b_th.jpg
realmofhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/facts-carolingian-medieval-franks_4-min.jpg
manuscriptminiatures.com/media/cache/manuscriptminiatures.com/original/921-25_large.jpg
i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/89/e9/bc89e9e840df00aabb7b7c33a93bfab3.jpg
dla.library.upenn.edu/dla/fisher/record.html?id=FISHER_n2013031473
i.pinimg.com/originals/af/03/f0/af03f0597a31da64f091e7bff07aff1f.jpg
i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/8a/6d/fc8a6d83830357474d76b4604568fcd6.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=uvGvmsLQaHA
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wish they just kept the old factions, we ended up losing the Nords and got 3 fucking Empire filler factions.

Those factions are the best ones
Besides, we're going to get nords in an update/DLC anyway, look how much space there is in the north where they canonically are.

>landlocked

Never ever mongs status: BTFO
epic exclusive mongs status: BTFO
M&B player base status: thoroughly buttered up

Attached: 1560340958200.jpg (1000x600, 302K)

What is your first character/faction going to be? I think I'm going for a female archer with Battania and make her kinda like Boudicca. I've never done an archery or female character in M&B before so it should be fun.

Attached: Boudicca-the-Celtic-Queen-2.jpg (600x354, 39K)

As a spearfag and a Celtfag I am all about Battania. Inna woods is only woods.

Attached: 1496193529913.gif (500x500, 979K)

Can you make child characters?

Imperial jew or Sturgian rapist

I don't know if you can make them, but child models exist due to the family system, and the devs have already reported a bug that turns your whole army into children, so it should be easy to mod it in.

>a bug that turns your whole army into children
African faction confirmed?

>lake with more than one outlet
>rivers not leading to the ocean
dropped immediately

Sturgians are basically Slav Nords, and their minor faction Skolderbrotva
are Jomsvikings.

Aserai horseman using spear/javelin/sword and shield. May do bow instead. I might end up serving the Western or Southern Empires, but I expect I will go and visit Khuzalit towns to get recruits so I can augment Aserai's disappointingly only high tier cavalry.

Their roster was honestly rather disappointing (no elite infantry while Khuzalits get them, cavalry are only from T4 onwards) so I might end up playing an Aserai fighting for the Khuzalits or South Empire.

when are they sending the beta invites?

If you weren't playing AT LEAST prior to .903 get the fuck out of my sight

Attached: john.jpg (600x390, 41K)

People are already getting them and playing right now.

Attached: mapc.jpg (1920x1080, 573K)

That's a big map.

For you

For all of us.

What?
They ditched the Nords? For what reason?

They weren't "ditched", the nords invade calradia and simply aren't there at the time of Bannerlord. They invade between the events of Bannerlord and warband.

Personally I hope for a DLC based around their invasion

Attached: zpihvNy.jpg (1920x1080, 459K)

Holy shit, it looks so good

>never done an archery character
nigga how

Forget 1257/AGoT/whatever, Bannerlord needs a Three Houses mod

Attached: dimitri the saviour.jpg (1650x2550, 773K)

Probably when they get back from gamescon

Are you sure those are from the signup and not the direct invitees or those who got the key at gamescon?

>a DLC based around their invasion

Sturgians are very much the Kievan Rus already. No full nordic invasion but strong nordic roster presence already. Actual nords wouldn't add a unique roster at all

Do you know LITERALLY anything about bannerlord?

Probably be an empire fag my 1st playthrough, love playing as a knight.

>Knight
>Empire
?

Are all castles going to be unique like warband? There are more and I hope they don't copy castles in some places

Slavic and Nordic aren't the same thing, and Sturgia are very much Slavic. They only have 1 vikingish sub clan in bannerlord.

Even the Dev blog on them says they aren't nordic but have a little sprinkle of similarity.

Anyone hoping for a good endgame? I want invasions, political strife and shit that keeps me on my toes.

I also hope that eventually someone mods Warband map for bannerlord. I'm gonna miss Harulus

Are you familiar with the Kievan Rus?
They were founded and dominated by a Nordic adventurer elite.
Slavic majority eventually completely diluted the Nordic influence from Russia but in those early days of inception they were quite Nordic.
Not completely, but still very much so. Their roster represents this. Which is my main argument as to why the addition of Nords would be boring. Their roster is essentially Nords plus Druzhina medium/heavy cavalry.

I originally believed that they would be less Nordic than they are, but given what we've seen in multiplayer and at gamescon, they are far more Nordic than was originally suggested.

So is this stil Caldaria brcause the map looks completely different

Its just expanded and has more river, not completely different

Damn that looks nice, hype levels rising

>never done an archery character

Attached: 1352118369939.gif (300x169, 358K)

so what exactly is the appeal of bannerlord?

Semi-authentic medieval campaigning.

having fun

Attached: cs77pta4w4h21.png (351x174, 21K)

>I also hope that eventually someone mods Warband map for bannerlord. I'm gonna miss Harulus
Most mods look to be geared toward overhauling it to fantasy setting like GoT, LotR, and Warhammer. There's also some gay Samurai shit. I don't see anything mentioning Warband but who knows

I'm so fucking happy guise.

The wait is almost over

>Name my guy Kony
>mod child army
>profit

>Naked King Harlaus high on butter and slapping the pavement as concerned citizens walk by
>"Zendar is RIGHT HERE"

Where's Dhirim?

strawpoll.me/18533788
weigh in lads

I noticed it as well.
It is either absent, or, as the map kinda stretches out away from Warband's dimensions once you're past the west coast I think it might be either Seonon or Lageta. Neither suggests a similar name of course. Might mean it's Seonon because Celtic names are too fucking outrageous to translate directly.

But Dhirim doesn't matter quite so much, especially with so much more in the East now.

What matters is the IDEA of Dhirim.
That fucking endless bloodbowl, the ambition of every lord in fucking Calradia, despite it being the poorest shack of shit left after ten billion sieges.
It is truly the only city worth being your capital.
But the new city to play that role could be anywhere

It's like Starsector, but in Medieval times.

sounds awful

My money is on Dunglanys since Uxkhal "Oks Hal" and Sunor "Seonon" are right next to it.
I'm guessing Veluca is just proto-Rhodok soil for now.
Nova Dhirim could be Zeonica or maybe Epicrotea depending on how the trade routes end up working out.

>name my guy Epstein
>mod child army
>army loses because I make them fight naked
>Get captured
>"""suicide"""

Can't Fucking Wait

Can't be Dunglanys. That's pretty clearly the exact location of the Vaegir capital in Warband

The map projection is kinda fucky, Wercheg "Varcheg" is on the wrong end of the peninsula and Jelkala "Jaculan" is at the end of the valley and not at it's head, Suno "Seonor" and Uxlkhal "Oks Hal" are also swapped.
So yeah they've messed with the coords a bit but I'm like 21/30 butters sure, since it looks like it's on top of a plateau mostly. Vaegir capital looks like it'll be further up near Hont Sein.

You mean playing as a cataphract?
Knights are Vlandian, they're the Anglo/Frankish faction.
The Empire factions are Roman themed (Byzantine).

It's like Mount and Blade, but another one.

Specifically neither Anglo nor Frankish but the nuisance that bothered both: The Normans

>What matters is the IDEA of Dhirim.
This.

Dhirim lives in all our hearts

You're right, I could have sworn I read somewhere they had Anglo/Frankish theme to them too though. I was hoping the "Page" line of troops was Norman inspired, while the "Footman" side of the tree was more dark ages Anglo and Frankish, but the wiki only mentions Normans so maybe that was just wishful thinking.

>finally got a release date after almost 8 years
>it's early access

Attached: man-who-thought-hed-lost-all-hope-loses-last-additional-18692496.png (500x647, 191K)

Is Starsector a good game if I like Warband?

The combat is completely different obviously but the campaign structure and progression is quite similar, so probably.

Name literally one bad thing about early access

Even fucking Warband was early access, never mind the YEARS Mount and Blade spent in EA; you hopped on a fucking meme bandwagon without knowing a single thing about it. You deserve your disappointment and more.

Attached: playing yourself.gif (300x226, 1.84M)

Start as a Vlandian and see what I can do for the Empire, as I think there's some kind of varangian guard. Once I get tired of that, I'll take my way back to the west, and begin to make a name for myself

Attached: 46326.jpg (480x360, 63K)

>Epic rotea

Good idea my dude. It's much better to have a journey in mind than just a destination.

In Warband I started in the west, commonly buried myself in disputes between the Sarranids and the Khergits. Then I'd take my very eastern army back into the west and forge my own kingdom

Can't wait to mod in spirderman.

Where are the rhodoks?, they need some killing

Not born yet.

Game ruined

>why yes, I'm a (direction) empire main

Attached: ijj1aSW[2].png (485x443, 22K)

Their rebellion against Swadia(Vlandia) hasn't happened yet.
Empire and Vlandia are your Crossbow factions

ea games don't go on sale, and it's an admittance that we're still getting an incomplete game even after a gorillion years of development

i wonder how based khanate will fare in siege and defense, everyone know that they were shit in warband

So empire and vlandia are the crossbow + shield + spear factions ?

I went to their business booth at Gamescom and they were just the nicest people in the entire building. No fuss about appointments, waiting to speak to some manager or anything like that. They just seemed genuinely eager to show off their game. Got me a nice shirt and a USB stick too.

Definitely based.

I would love a Silmarillion mod.

Should I go with Western Empire or Battania

Essential mods for warband? how bad is vanilla

Kinda yeah. Cataphracts are super heavy armored but I don't think they use shields.
Also Empire have some horse archers and normal archers too.

Vlandia is supposed to be Knights plus okay crossbows and pikemen

Sturgia is essentially Nords but actually having some cavalry that is decent.

Battania is master archers and light but heavily armed infantry with missiles and big weapons

proto-Khergits whose name I can't remember are highest cavalry density, best horse archers

Aserai are fastest everything but strongest nothing faction it seems

None. Play vanilla for 100 hours and then get mods you pussy. And you better have 1/1 damage taken

I can't wait to play as the chad byzantine Southern Empire

No mod is essential at all. The game is just fine in vanilla.
This isn't STALKER or VTMB

Play vanilla first, then options between vanilla plus and then full overhaul mods like the nippon mod or the medieval europe mod

I'd probably put more than 100 in before mods even

>chad
>ruled by a milf and a loli

Fuck M&B and their nazi fanbase

So I should go with Vlandia if I want to be a butterlord?

Normally yes, bu every MnB has been EA. They'll release the game almost finished, they'll wait for feedback and fix what needs to be fixed

ok so 1:1 damage is the optimal way? im going in raw

what's more chad than being dominated by a hot milf

Yes, if you want to git gut you better not have automatic blocking (non directional) or you wont last 5 seconds in any MP match

They're the proto-butterlords so yes

You can change that at any time. Don't have it on 1/1 at start. The outcome of a battle highly depends on your survival and it takes a little while to learn how to recognize terrible situations and terrifying weapons.

More important difficulty settings are making sure you're manually controlling strikes and blocking.

Anything other than 1:1 damage is just a cheat mode, I wouldn't even call it a difficulty setting.
You might as well get diplomacy, since it's just a straight up improvement to some vanilla features. You don't have to, but you might as well.

This. True chads support the United Empire as a whole, and only start with whichever direction makes reconciling the empire easiest.

Dominate and corrupt the milf, giving her a second male child who will replace their daughter as heir to the throne. Meanwhile the loli grows up and is suddenly denied her birthright and she gets desperate and is left with nothing and falls to despair and sin

How can you learn to recognize bad situations when you're a god who can shrug them off without a concern anyway?

Because even at 1/4 damage you'll get oneshot by the right things.
And the idea is to actually survive a couple of hits so you actually get to learn to block the next couple of attacks.

I wouldn't have handicap health on for long, but at the start it just feels better

Based

The most mudhut faction I can start with. Slow rise to power. Gonna start out solo. Losing one battle after another until I eventually can take on small platoons by myself. Really gonna test out how much I can lose in the game without losing it all. Aiming for extremly high risk and reward and to make as many enemies as possible.

Attached: Monster+of+the+east+httpstwittercomhellonearthiiilangbn_3e0079_7170678.jpg (1200x1773, 201K)

I disagree.
At the start you learn what's dangerous by getting your arse kicked, it's not even a big problem because you don't have much to lose anyway. Plus, a big part of the fun of the game is the journey from being a witless peasant loser who gets knocked out by a stray rock thrown by a looter, to becoming an invincible badass Lord riding down foes by the dozen. If you start yourself with a bunch of magic free health from nowhere you're just ruining the progression.

Horse archer

are there going to be ships to transport you around the mediterranean-type sea in the south there? looks like a neat region

There is the risk of creating a black hole of too much loss and downtime in the beginning by just starting a new player with 1/1.

You'll get your ass kicked just the same either way. It's just that with more health you'll get to try and fail to survive an extra couple of times before you get knocked out

>the not!Sarranid infantry tree ends with a redundant horseman

Fuck off. If you could give the horsefuckers shield infantry, you can give the sandfuckers better infantry.

Pendor is the GOAT Warband mod. The Warhammer mod is fun, the the CoK GoT mod is good, and there are a lot of good historical mods.

>not raising the daughter to be bred out as dynastic fodder
You were so close, user, yet so far.

The point is that she's desperate and left without influence on her own. That is one such option to manipulate her from that point. Pick your poison.

She's a great way to insult your rivals, as well. Marry her off to someone you don't like, so they can be close enough to get a sniff of your royal line but ultimately have no connection to it. The ultimate chad power move.

>raising your daughter to sell as an onahole for a subhuman for political gain
>not raising your daughter as your squire
unbased and not parakopilled

Attached: 1562435922728.jpg (283x293, 12K)

Lolis are for honing into deadly machines of war!

>lake with more than one outlet
Where?
>rivers not leading to the ocean
Leading to an endorheic basin lake instead, retardo

Which faction for "sleeps her way to the top" playthrough

Empire, easy. The rest would tolerate no THOT

Probably one of the empire factions they seem to be the ones with the most stable power structure for that kind of shit

Im gonna go with Battania just to cuck future swadia and rhodok from existing

The master longbowman killing the crossbow in the cradle. I like it.

I think it's Druimmor, near Dunglanys. Position isn't exact though.

Vlandia have crossbows and spearman but I think neither of them are that strong. They're a heavy cavalry army.

There is no crossbow + spear faction. Closest might be a bow + spear faction which is Battanians.

They're fucking with you. Especially starting off 1:1 damage is a shit. It goes to quarter damage for a reason.

You need to play the game to get better at it and at 1:1 damage as a newbie you won't play the game, you'll be recovering from Forest Bandit arrows in a town for a month IRL.

Attached: 1aa1.jpg (700x1267, 255K)

western empire, going to roleplay as an impoverished noble from an ancient line trying to bring back the old ways, focus on infantry while using auxilia like Vlandians for cavalry

you mean the ACOK mod right?
it's great but I do wish there was a mechanism to keep Essosi factions out of Westeros, and way better naval combat like the other ASOIAF mod which is for Viking Conquest has

Fuck with Bannerlord's tighter formation control I want to see a line of Legionaries unleash their throwing weapons in sync.

yea I saw on someone's multiplayer beta gameplay that imperial infantry do have pilum
you could just hold their fire until really close and then have them let loose at once
which also makes me want to have slingers

Is this supposed the be same map as the one in Warband or is it yet another revamp such as a change from M&B 1 to M&B:W?

>Sturgians are basically Slav Nords
Except the only vaguely 'norse' unit they have is the Berserker, which is light infantry. They don't have any of the heavy infantry that the Nords specialized in.

Attached: 1358888773027.png (526x330, 208K)

the borders stretch out further from Warband's map but it also has some changes in shape, mountains, water locations, where cities and towns are, etc. from Warband from what I've gathered
which is fine
BUT I'm bothered at how the Empire is situated
no powerful country IRL has historically been situated in somewhere like that
even assuming they used to own the coast the Vlandians controlled

I think that it is point, especially if they were based on Romans.

how do you mean?

Yes they do. There's a lot of confusion regarding their rosters, what appears in the multiplayer mode and what appears to be the singleplayer roster.

In multiplayer they literally have Huscarls.
Vlandians have Knights in multiplayer but not in their troop tree.

It is possible that the assets weren't ready for the shiny gamescon footage(with the beta mattering less) and they've yet to be included.
One individual suggested that there is a separate elite or nobility troop tree for each faction.

But the point is that they do literally have Huscarls.

This is the tree in question, and I assume what you're refering to when mentioning the berserker.

As I said, the Vlandians don't even have their Knight.

And Sturgia, in addition to not having the Huscarl here(while having it in multiplayer) is compounded by them not even having Mounted Druzhina, another thing they SHOULD have(and do have in multiplayer).

If you look at the icons next to the units, you see three chevrons for the first three ranks, and then two triangles for the next two. Based on that it may be that the intent is for there to be another unit tier that just wasn't in the gamescon footage yet.
It would explain the absence of the Knight and the Huskarl and the Druzhina.
It would also be the place for the factions to specialize, as that tree displays all factions actually being very similar. Having select definitive top tier units is probably what is currently missing.

Attached: 1547510040659.png (2206x794, 2.23M)

>Source: Dude just trust me
I'm not believing shit without evidence, sorry.

My explaination for them being absent from the displayed singleplayer rosters is just a theory.

They do literally exist in multiplayer, check out any videos or anyone streaming the beta and you'll see it.
Here is one such example timestamped:
youtu.be/8TR6HZSUX1M?t=3978

Multiplayer exclusive unit.

You have an empire that is remarkably big and has enemies on all sides. The main ones are migrating tribes that fuck your upper borders and Persians at the southeast. There are some other enemies but they are relatively minor compared to this. The more time passes the more you lose territory and enemies have easier times coming to you. For example, Vandals invaded Rome from Africa if I remember correctly. And even after that, you have the whole divide between East and West Roman Empire.
Also for an example, the Frankish empire was also divided into 3 pieces. (upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Droysens-21a.jpg/1024px-Droysens-21a.jpg)

Attached: rome_map.jpg (1656x1296, 674K)

Yeah, I just hate playing Viking Conquest based mods. The gameplay is so slow and the armies get so fucking huge. Plus, those ship battles are aids.

That is a possibility. Though it seems the height of absurdity that they'd bother giving them to a faction in multiplayer and not in singleplayer.

Can you explain the lack of the Vlandian Knight then? There's no fucking way they'll be missing it in singleplayer yet like the Sturgian Huskarl it appears to be.

Also Sturgia is described as LITERALLY the Kievan Rus and specifically states significant Nord influence.

I'm not suggesting that I'm 100% correct, but it stands to absolute reason.

yes but it's no coincidence that Rome developed on a peninsula that was capped with a mountain range and than projected into the most important bodies of water in the world at the time
further the eastern Empire having its capital on another peninsula that sat between two major Seas
the Empire in OP's pic is situated in what looks like the Ukraine or the Caucus
where no major empire has ever been built

Yeah but there's no naval component in M&B so the map has to be mostly land. Making the map a peninsula of peninsulas like europe would be a big waste of space. water is effectively a void

yes especially in warband's development
still I'm saying that it visually bothers me as it just doesn't make sense
they should've gone for something more like Videssos

Maybe they originated somewhere else, for example at the west coast. Then when they got big they divided into 2 parts East - West. After some time the West got overrun and now only East remains. Kinda like the Roman Empire.
But yea they could have added bigger mountain ranges in the middle and it would make more sense.

This nigga gon get killed after being captured because he pissed off the wrong people.

What faction would Jeffery Epstein play as?

Attached: 1561343428053.jpg (720x689, 31K)

Southern Empire has a loli heir and the city names are greek so that's kiddiefucker central.
That or the Aserai

probably the arab like cunts because he's a paedo and a semite

He has a pedo island in the middle of that southern sea where he brings imperial and sarranid bureaucrats for blackmailing. It's not marked on the map obviously.

How could you blackmail a Sarranid for doing that? They already do it openly.

You blackmail them by forging evidence that they refused to partake in fucking nubile Vlandian children. They will be ridiculed for their sexual impotence and outcast from society.

It's literally just Turkey

Do you perhaps mean Anatolia, my dude?
Old Warband map was literally Anatolia. This isn't quite as much.

Epic exclusive.

Attached: he cute pin head.png (332x332, 113K)

Lead developer already denied that suggestion.
They got shekels from Erdogan to develop the game, and they've a fairly large team so any given individual making the decision has less to gain from taking the bribe as well.

>no Nords
Guess I'm going full Ghengis Khan.

Based on the time frame I think the mongols here are Kara Khanids or Qara Khitai

Sturgians are essentially Nords

>try my first time at going independent
>owned Dhirim.
I was rolling in bread rolls, but goddamn everyone was after my ass.

The "New Dhirim" is probably Argoron. 6 villages support it.

Only mark against it is that its northern border doesn't actually have that much of a Sturgian presence so it might not get that much action. And it is otherwise insulated from the east and the west.

I think Dunglanys is the best best, both geographically and because Battania seems to be set up to get gang raped by its neighbors and is geographically fairly tight-knit

I wonder how that's going to work, because the Empress' entire claim is based on the idea that she's basically regent for her daughter, who deserves to be Empress because she's the last of the true emperor's blood. It might be that she's going to inherit no matter what unless she dies, in which case it's better to either wait until she's old enough to marry yourself, or you marry your heir to her if you want to take over.

Attached: 1547301527072.jpg (255x315, 36K)

>No heavy infantry
>Nords

Attached: 1542158436232.jpg (640x360, 193K)

>multiplayer

The issue is that there's really no city that every faction can reasonably fuck this time. Even Dunglanys only has to deal with four and is completely safe from the Aserai, Southern Empire, and Kuzhaits. My guess is that it's going to be more multipolar, and there will at the very least be an eastern and western gangbang city that everyone will want depending where they are. Dunglanys could very well be the western one, but what would be the eastern one that the Southern and Northern Empires, Aserai, the Kuzhaits, and maybe even Sturgia would fight over?

Attached: fb4.gif (440x300, 1.2M)

correct

I think Western Empire is the most likely. Both it and the North border five other factions, but depending on who they're usually at war with at the start, and how Sturgia/Battania goes, one single conquest would have Middle Empire border Sturgia
So I think either one of their cities, or a city they are likely to capture early is the closest we'll get to Dhirim gangbang

Multiplayer only unit.

Which faction would he be in?

Attached: Skullknight Evil Eye.jpg (1407x816, 68K)

poopmasters (independent)

Why does Sturgia and the Empire not have capitals?

I will marry a battanian wench and make many battanian children.

True, he who controls where your shit goes, gets their shit pushed in by him.

they gay

The Western Empire has a lot of borders and the Southern Empire and Aserai would interact there true, but the issue is that it has a very solid shape. The city is either going to be near Aserai or the Northern Empire and Sturgia, not both, meaning there isn't likely to be a Dhirim situation most games. I'm inclined to think it's something further east, like Phycaon.

Given that multiplayer already presented a condensed roster compared to singleplayer, the idea that they then went out of their way to provide the faction with a unit only for multiplayer is just as ludicrous a suggestion as it was when you or whoever else first stated the same thing a short while ago.

The guy who made the map has done several revisions adding new information, if something is missing it just just likely that it is unknown.
Also the region borders are something he guessed and added in as I don't believe it is displayed anywhere(and might not even exist within the engine)

One doesnt recognize any authority as the defacto head of their state and the Empire is in a civil war.

>Battania
>No cavalry or heavy infantry

Jesus Christ

there's a screenshot with kingdom management options and it almost looks like something out of ck2, so I expect a ton of depth in the endgame

The thing about the Western Empire is that they're bordering a lot, thus potentially at war a lot. And depending on how they're faring, Vlandia/Aserai only potentially need to capture one city to come into contact with the Battania/West/North assumed hotspot.

Phycaon seems ripe to change hands a lot, but it should only ever between four factions as opposed to the potential seven(eight is practically impossible) fighting over something in the western empire

That's my fucking dream. Especially if it's a component which can be easily modded.

>tfw can't decide whether I want to be a norman proto knight or a horse archer mongol
honestly every faction seems a lot of fan and decently balanced as well, apart from the battanians and maybe the aserai

Mongol, FULL GHENGIS KHAN. Wear pseudo weaboo samurai armor, and swing a fat anime cleaver.

like it doesnt' take me fucking years to trade in some fucking butter I looted for fuck sake

>sturgian infantry is 90% light infantry
what the fuck you stupid turk niggers i've waited 10 years and not only did you remove the nord faction the one you replaced it with are SLAVS WITH NO HEAVY INFANTRY?

Sorry, to elaborate a bit further.

I mostly agree and believe that a pure Dhirim-tier situation would happen only fairly rarely. I'm mostly speculating to the next best thing.

Gather a core of knights and use it as your loyal elite core as you otherwise immerse yourself in Mongol troops and tactics.

What reservations do you have about Battania and the Aserai?
Aserai seem worse than the Mongols, as was the opposite of the situation between Sarranids and Khergits. But they don't seem criminally worse to the same extent.
Battania is probably in trouble though, yeah.

Will they allow mercenary play like in the mods? For fuck sake I just want to get into the fight.

My issue is that, at the start at least, the Southern Empire and Khuzaits are playing a different game from everyone else. The Southern Empire would need to conquer 3-4 towns from the Northern or Western Empire before they could enter into the western clusterfuck, and the Khuzaits would need to conquer most of Sturgia, Aserai, or the Northern Empire.

I don't believe that has been stated but I think you can stick your party to other parties a lot more officially and easily

When I say seven but not eight, I'm just suggesting the Khuzaits are eternally out of this hypothetical Dhirimbowl.
Southern Empire are interesting in that they're the furthest from the specified location by number of required conquests, but they'd still remain a major component in bringing the situation about by constantly biting at the Western Empire's heels.

what's the meme archer faction this time?

>like boudicca
So install rape mods, get raped pillage a town, instantly retreat on first major battle and get raped again some more?

Battania are Celtic longbowmen.

That is very good. I would still appreciate mercenary play too, it's the best way to get started and gain some reputation and money to start a business. Then the game finally starts.

WHO HERE WILL FIGHT FOR THE EMPIRE

youtube.com/watch?v=hpgsB817S1Q
Sorry if this was posted here already thought you guys might like it before its taken down.

AVE CALRADIA

Battanians only have a small patch of land and their troop tree consists of archers and extremely light infantry, they exist to be the remnants of an ancient culture to be wiped out and assimilated by greater powers

the aserai aren't bad, but like the sarranids their troop tree seems to consist of lighter variations of troops from other factions which might render them weak, though we've yet to see how they perform in game and night shine in some aspects

Can you still build a personal HQ?
Felt more comfy running a professional merc band out of a hidden base than yet another Lord+Retinue

Sadly no, they removed that feature because testers were abusing it to stack cities in chokepoints.

based minmaxers dabbing on funfags

I guarantee you someone is going to mod it back in fairly soon.

it was removed
also, you can't
>choose what villages are tied to what castles/towns
>construct an explorable home as a minor lord of a village
>ppgrade your village/castle with actual defense structures or into a trade hub
>Influence what resource your village aims for
>roam your army camp
anymore
It's still an upgrade over WB, but damn if it's not as cool as what was revealed before.

Fucking why? Just prohibit people from building to close to a fucking castle how hard is that to fucking manage?

You don't need cavalry when you've got TREES

Attached: Treebeard.png (1664x792, 1.59M)

>removing a feature because you cant balance it
fucking turks

Only hope is that the removal inspires modders.

>destroyed all the good features
>focus on MP shit that nobody except autist care about
why the fuck are they so retarded, SP is where all the fun is at

>balance in single player
who fucking cares why there's official cheats in WB you can enable with a button press mid battle

>who fucking cares
clearly taleworlds since they removed it

You can thank Ginge for that. The redhead that was the community guy before the new guy (Callum?) took over. He was very big into pushing M&B as an E-Sport.

a shame he wasn't fired before his cancer seeped in

Are they finally letting us fuck up some peasants when we raid their shit?

>Bannerlord becomes a failure because of one guy

I think you can still upgrade castles to towns, but there's never really any point since castles would make poor towns with bad village support since you can't make new villages. It'd be a waste of gold.

To be fair, wasn't the army camp scene a mod addition in warband, anyways? Besides, given what they've told us of how mods work this time it should be ridiculously easier to do small stuff like that and not have to tie everything into fifty million different submods of the popular modules.

>e-sport
what the fuck what is this cancer and why do retards keep trying to spread it all over everything?

I bet he's why we have multiplayer only units.

Anywhere I can download?

>all that neat shit gone
what bullshit
especially since tools won't be released until full release instead of EA
and that's assuming any decent modders return in good numbers and we don't just suffer a bystander effect

there's a closed beta you gotta apply for beta.talesworld.com or something

>lots of people excited for mods
>no one actually does the modding
this happens far more than it should

fuck him

Oh, Multiplayer only? No thanks

But dude it's the next esports sensation

I've got about 500 hours+ in campaign but goddamn, you guys don't enjoy multiplayer Mount and Blade? It's fucking great.

The CRPG mod back in the day was incredible and Native's always been fun. Does everyone in this thread use autoblock in singleplayer or something so you're just shit at multiplayer?

Goddamn that's fucking retarded. I hope it never takes off as an esports scene and the jackass responsible for that gets fired.

The worst thing is Warband's basic vanilla multiplayer was a lot of fun. And it got crowded out by Persistent World faggotry and CRPG AKA minmaxxing metafaggotry. Same shit is going to happen here.

Okay, so the list I saw was multiplayer. It was the encyclopedia 2018 Gamescom Ohne Kommentar video. The absence of Huskarls and Knights makes me think your elite units are separate off of your general recruit. Thus you need to get them some other way than your basic soldier.

noone leaked the beta? :(

Why would I want to play with random retards half of whom are trying to be streamers?

>playing M&B:Warband
>finally manage to afford the best armor in the game
>and a really large hammer
>and a handful of Rhodok crossbowmen
>charge into a group of Sea Raiders
>you have 15 troops against their 40 troops
>hold my troops on a high point and I charge alone into the raiders
>swing like a madman into the crowd while they barely manage to scratch me
>can't parry my strikes and those that survive the first hit get knocked down
>not actually paying attention to anything beside what's happening in front of me
>hear the scream of joy of my men telling we won
>I'm covered in blood
>my health bar is black
>realized I nearly died before I was nearly invincible
tl;dr, I want berserk in M&B:Warband because I was wearing a full suit of plate and nearly died

It's okay rarely when it's a bunch of fucks dicking around and not a handful of autistic tryhards that play the game 24/7
>lmao git gud xDDD
I'd rather have enjoyable time thanks

The only people who hated CRPG were shit at the game. The best players in the mod fought naked with un-heirloom'd swords.
Because the game is fun?

It isn't fun to play with retards.

Shitstomping retards is the meat-and-potatoes of PC gaming, user.

>Thus you need to get them some other way than your basic soldier.
>They become such a pain in the ass to get and replace nobody even bothers

is fucking shit, you need to be an autistic chivalry tard to enjoy such a brainless shit

It's the meat and potatoes of multiplayer faggotry, which is worthless. You also forget that you are playing WITH retards on your side as well.

>multiplayer games
>fun
fucking faggot

Damn, you guys are so autistic that cutting a nigga up with your sword is too much social interaction for you. I had no idea. My bad, multiplayer games are for fags I guess.

Attached: 1565903535480.png (554x701, 549K)

What the Jawwal Bedouin and Ghilmen slave-warriors offer as minor factions is a big question. Camels do not show up in the Aserai roster I saw and would clearly be a Jawwal unit. They say they are less maneuverable but more durable and get a bonus to speed pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-unveils-camel-mounts/ They ought to offer some kind of a morale debuff to any mounted unit (Morale exists in the game right?) because the camel stench fucks up horses IRL.

In real life the Ghilmen should be medium/heavy cavalry as all Ghulam/Mamluks were. They could be cast as the Abid, the black slave warriors who formed the mass of infantry of the line for the Fatimids but I'd rather see them as the heavy cavalry. But we already have Mamelukes in the roster itself.

CRPG was shit. It turned the game into a grind2win RPG that rewarded grinding and legacyplaying over actual skill. I would sooner take Chivalry's spin2win nonsense over CRPG's RPG minmaxing. Native was best.

They moved the timeline back, but does that actually mean much of anything for the equipment/armors? The only thing I've noticed is a lack of plate armor.

Attached: 86.jpg (1275x1687, 693K)

it can be a lot of fun once you git gud and are able to hold your own, but generally there isn't much content there to justify playing for a long time and a lot of server communities are just circlejerks

I just hope it won't be Viking Conquest tier combat where everyone takes 40 hits to die.

Plate seems like it's absent but you will have clibanarii full-body armor and probably some muscled cuirasses (which may have been used by the emperor and most noble of nobles into the 600s AD). We still got crossbows and there's no gunpowder in warband so that's not missing here.

I wish the not-Celts got chariots or the Aserai got elephants though. That'd have been really cool to see.

I really hope the game isn't much like Viking Conquest at all. It just plays so slow compared to native Warband, everything feels clunkier. Not as shit as Fire and Sword but pretty shit.

That nigga gon' have sired dozens of bastard children; his line will never die out, though it'll be a long time before any of them found a legitimate dynasty.

If there's no plate I'm gonna wait for mods to come out that add them before buying the game. Couldn't care less about "historical accuracy" in fictional roach games I just wanna be a knigga ruining the kingdoms.

Am I the only one that always rotated the map like pic related in warband?
It makes more sense this way, i think

Attached: 650px-Mount&Blade_Warband_world_map.jpg (433x650, 59K)

I want a bronze age mod

There's another way?

>Hot desert at the same latitude as tundra

It's vaguely based on Europe so the normal orientation is right. This is especially evident with the banner lord map where you can see counterparts to north africa, the black sea, and the caspian sea

probably, not many people are on the spectrum

Can't wait to re-establish People's Republic of Calradia.

From Khan to cest

Problem there is they'd border two rivals at most, when it seems like a goal to have everyone bordered by at least four. My guess is that if they include the Nords, they'll give them Varcheg and everything west with a compensation to the north for Sturgia, so the Nords have four neighbors.

youtube.com/watch?v=zDYGRxL0V24

Attached: images.jpg (226x223, 10K)

>not immediately sacking and pillaging through the Empire in true Vlandian fashion

Attached: 67867355646234543.jpg (685x900, 230K)

Does anyone have a pic of the Imperial tree?

Attached: BOGjcPRGx04.jpg (2085x2160, 1.32M)

>No cataphract

Is this an old pic? they must have heavy cav

If theres no japan based empire with samurais and katanas then im not playing

>Why is there no isolated east Asian island faction in a game about a power struggle in Europe and the near east.

Attached: penis.png (1106x830, 690K)

Attached: ihjkkQjtJTg.jpg (1604x2160, 1.19M)

Why not? They added mongols and will proabaly add ummayds or caliphate based empire. Eventually things will get boring and repetitive.

Attached: 4t6BNYSPAVM.jpg (2011x2160, 1.84M)

I can't tell if you're trolling

Why do they look so out of place compared to the other factions?

How so? They look Vaegirish

There will be with mods, almost certainly.

Really they look more like Rhodoks and Swadians to me.

They do.

Yes, they look straight out of warband, while other factions are more "rustic" looking?

'Cause these guys didn't change much between then and now. It's the Franks vs the Franks after they latinized their name and invented plate armor.

On a more careful look through they are pretty much a mixed bag. The helm on the Sergeant and the sharpshooter are Rhodokish while the Champion is pretty Swadian. The long chainmail tunics and the thick leather clad low rank guys remind me more of Vaegirs (and Nords to an extent). Those were the most striking at a glance so I defaulted to Vaegir.

I wonder if the not-Celts have chariots. If they're gonna get fucked, at the very least they should get fucked on a bitchin ride.

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/37
The Vladians are the most anachronistic, as they are based from the 9th to the early 12th century while the Aserai are the 7th-9th century give or take (mamelukes as a named corps appear much later but the concept is just the standard slave-warrior cavalryman of the 9th-10th century), Sturgia are 9th-10th century Kievan Rus more than the later Kievan Rus.

Basically everyone covers the early medieval period up to the late 900s. If they use anything post 900 it's liable to be something only a grognard autist can tell. Vlandia and I see a 1100s proto great helmet on the Sergeant, a 12th century-ish Sicilio-Norman helmet on the champion, 12th century kettle helmet on the vanguard and crossbowman (may have existed in the 1000s but I generally don't see it then).

I really like that 12th century "Norman" look but I think it would have been much more fitting to Bannerlord if the Vladians had been a grab-bag of 4th century to 9th century Germans instead. So think:

i.pinimg.com/originals/0f/84/09/0f8409d0c95de5f13e9e22ac45f7b9bc.jpg - Langobard based on a 7th century vase or metalwork I remember seeing. The guy wields the lance like a kontos and is wearing clearly that steppe style lamellar. I'll see if I have it on hand.

Will post more in another post

Attached: 1566691588212.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

>steppe style lamellar.
Germans haven't been on the steppe in thousands of years, user.

I can't post images of course because herp derp IP banned images on Yea Forums for some fucking reason.

warfarewest.x10host.com/6C-11C/th/Prudentius-Bern-264-p70b_th.jpg - muscled cuirasses show up in Carolingian manuscripts. Most people assume they are just anachronisms but it would be an interesting choice, perhaps the Vlandians being the most Calradized of the barbarian neighbors.
realmofhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/facts-carolingian-medieval-franks_4-min.jpg - people often attribute scale to the Franks because their manuscripts also often show scale like armor. Sometimes it's iffy and it might be mail, other times it's damn obvious manuscriptminiatures.com/media/cache/manuscriptminiatures.com/original/921-25_large.jpg
i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/89/e9/bc89e9e840df00aabb7b7c33a93bfab3.jpg - re enactors.

The Goths were on the steppe in the 200s-300s AD, and the lamellar was not exclusive to the steppe. Give me a moment and I'll find the lombard metal work with their lamellar. It's from when they were in North Italy.

Yes the helmet of the crossbowmen always reminds me of Italian renaissance or something (not really a history buff), it looks too modern i think
But apparently the Franks looked like weird roman inspired mf in 7th-9th century so what do i know

Attached: IMG_588d5.jpg (3124x2811, 1.65M)

Well the Franks invaded Roman Gaul and promptly set about larping as Romans after extirpating the native people like all the Germans were doing. No different than the Ostrogoths and Longobards in Italy, or the Visigoths in Iberia until the Muslims enslaved them.

Dude I am also banned from posting images on v for some reason even though I only post reaction images once in blue moon.

where are my Rhodok sharpshooters?

Isola Rizza Dish.
dla.library.upenn.edu/dla/fisher/record.html?id=FISHER_n2013031473
5th-6th century Lombardic or Italio-Byzantine, silver dish found in Verona Italy.

Dish itself:
i.pinimg.com/originals/af/03/f0/af03f0597a31da64f091e7bff07aff1f.jpg
Re creation: i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/8a/6d/fc8a6d83830357474d76b4604568fcd6.jpg

"Fragments of lamellar armor have also been found in Frankish Graves" along with "Several illustrations of lombards wearing a similar style" as the Lamellar armor found in an Alamannia grave in Niederstotzingen. It looks like the Alamannia ones are actually Avar, but it's not entirely clear given loot would be used and repurposed.

Yeah the conquistador esque helmet the Carolingians wore is neat. Like I mentioned I dig the Norman look a lot so I am happy with it but it is the odd man out for sure of the other factions. Everyone else is mostly early medieval, Vlandians are heavily high medieval.

>weird roman inspired mf in 7th-9th
dunno, seems like a very celtic/germanic look to me, like in a transitional phase

MAMA I'M COMIN' HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMEEEEEEE

Yeah, it hit me after my internet went down and there was an IP reset. I can post it fine on /tg/, on /his/ and others. It's only Yea Forums (which I never went but for once a year at most) and Yea Forums. I half think it's a scheme to get people to buy the pass. The thought has crossed my mind because you have no idea how valuable it is to post an image until you can't.

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=uvGvmsLQaHA

>wont last 5 seconds in any MP match
Not if you use a shield.
t. Playing Butterlord beta

>"Nords"
>in the west

Attached: eHPoge5.jpg (1080x1155, 226K)

what is the context of that image

I don't know where he got it, but it's mocking behavior in mapmaking and worldbuilding threads on /tg/, where people get overly critical of your map/world and mock the slightest thing they consider 'weird' or 'cliche.' So, this image was made and applied common complaints from these people onto a real map of Europe, Asia Minor, and the northern Levant where those things are actually true to mock said people's complaints.

I seriously doubt it. They're whole theme seems to be guerrilla warfare, and chariots would be pretty much the opposite. It wouldn't line up with the timeline/tech level. Chariots were pretty fucking ancient and obsolete by the late Roman Empire. Plus they've shown tons of gameplay and faction rosters and no sign of them at all.

Attached: 1360128252535.jpg (1200x1638, 299K)

gib bonerlord tshirt and usp blz

You can be executed in this one
If you have no family/heir to replace you, its game over

I'm going to take back the ancestral Battanian homeland as a drunk tribesman with a big sword

Attached: 98d.png (1416x1050, 968K)

Three Houses will be forgotten by the time Bannerlord's full release comes out

Nothing essential, though I would highly recommend the Diplomacy mod at least.

Erdogan himself said EA will be feature complete and will be used for bugtesting/balancing only since its a "big and open game" and things can go wrong in too many ways

Attached: 1511605583035.jpg (2149x1500, 3.02M)

>EA will be feature complete
So confirmed that huskarls and cataphracts are cut from singleplayer.

'ate horses
'ate armor
luv bows
simple as

Attached: fd4.png (538x565, 76K)

Dhirim is such a clusterfuck of a city, I love it. I was lucky to come across it after it JUST having been taken by a rival faction that only had like 30 dudes left in just the first couple of hours of playing. Spent the entire rest of the game trying desperately to defend it while maintaining an army.
Leaving it and going anywhere else felt like that episode of SpongeBob where the bus he's trying to catch is fucking with him.

I will play either as an vlandian or battanian and burn down the empire

Attached: fall of empire incoming.jpg (474x335, 36K)

kids dream about making it as a professional videogame athlete winning millions while banging gooks in luxury hotels in korea

Attached: 1545039269785.jpg (1440x900, 48K)

>thousands of years

You know what I meant, user.

reminder that ira is a full grown battlemaiden and is the only true breeding option.
full image is too big for 4channel so here is a link
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/68

Attached: blog_post_48_taleworldswebsite_02_02.png (1462x1080, 3.28M)

>If they use anything post 900 it's liable to be something only a grognard autist can tell
>proceeds to list the 3 helmets I immediately had a problem with

They're supposed to be Normans, so they should have just gone for the Bayeux tapestry. Spangenhelms, norman helms, maille, surcoats, thin gambesons, no gay lamellar or scale shit. Why complicate it.

Carolingians are a cool idea but a.) their visual style is so controversial it might be best to avoid them and b.) what we can deduce is that they looked very similar to wet weather Byzantines, which steps on the toes of the Empire.

Southern Empire is probably the best bet if you want to go full Imperial revival, though maybe the Northern Empire has a mechanic to vote you in as ruler if they like you enough and thus would be a viable option. Western Empire is probably fucked though without more complex dynastic play, unless you play a female then it's your variant of the Southern Empire.

I'm torn between Vlandian Knight, Battanian taking back the ancestral homeland or Western Empire.

user we will get EA March next year, theres plenty of time

I thought I was the only one

sauce on this, my dude?

waiting patiently for the napoleonic version

pretty sure Seonon is Suno

I had to go for the low hanging fruit.

you can't. they clearly stated that last gamescom.

Source for the pic plox