Skywind just released its first gameplay demo

Skywind just released its first gameplay demo
youtu.be/O85xF9lzgTg

Attached: B39D12BE-F94E-4E62-AB41-94AF9B3DE9F9.jpg (500x500, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V2liozIXhJA
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19697
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20983
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29600?tab=videos#lg=2&slide=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

morrowind a shit

No one cares about Skywind, Skyblivion is where its at

OpenMW is the patrician TES fan creation.
Eventually, we'll be able to explore the entire continent of Tamriel in one game, seamlessly.
And it will be open source and available to all.

they should've merged both projects into a single mod
like Morroblivion because I think having Vvardenfall as this frontier outpost while being able to then go to the capital of the Empire pairs well and is cool for RPing with
then you could have overlap like there's benefits to having a high Imperial Legion rank in Cyrodiil
just my opinion

have they even finished all of morrowind yet?

oh shit look at those spear animations

There are two different projects that are cooperating together. One for the rest of mainland Morrowind, which is mostly complete, and one for the rest of the provinces. IIRC the two most done are Skyrim and High Rock.

>copypasting primitive early 2000s level design
>why isn't everyone excited?

i mean morrowind is a cool setting and all but make it a 1:1 ripoff is pointless

Why the hell would you want to port anything into Oblivion's garbage gameplay and artstyle?

Say what you will about Skyrim but at the very least people don't look like potatoes

hello I see you've used a redditspace so I don't have to answer your garbage question
try again

they didnt copy paste it, it’s completely redone. plus even if it were copy pasted, it wouldnt be pointless because porting the game to the current engine allows modders to mod it like skyrim

does openMW have proper physics
does it have horses?

Yes it has the Bullet3D physics engine, which was used in Grand Theft Auto 4.

why does this exist?

I want to get into Morrowind, but how do I get past the shit combat? You just stand there swinging at each other.

horses lad give me rundown
has it got horse or not?
really don't like there's no horses in morrowind

wait for skywind then

I haven't been following the development, but I doubt there are horses.
But that's why the open source aspect is so important, because it can be expanded to include anything the community can implement.

acquire magic

combats not actually THAT bad, you just have to spec your character properly. once you get past the learning curve combat is decent

it has good music
youtu.be/V2liozIXhJA

I'm going to do my first playthrough of Morrowind as a spellsword dark elf, is it going to be a shit character? I intend to do a custom class.

it took me awhile to pinpoint what felt so wrong about the area, but then i remembered its the lack of fog. it really needs to be there to feel like morrowind, at least in areas of lower altitude

>it wouldnt be pointless because porting the game to the current engine allows modders to mod it like skyrim

so it has LESS gameplay?

spellsword is one of the best classes for a dumner

install GV

Doesn't matter, Morrowind is easy as fuck. Just play what you like, you'll be overpowered in no time.

no, it doesn’t. i don’t know how you came to that conclusion if i’m being honest.

It actually looks good, the world and armour/weapons look way more professional than Skyblivion.

Wow that is actually really good

oblivion is already good enough you zoomie

There is literally no single human being on the planet who would ever willingly choose to play Skyrim. It doesn't matter if it's spray-painted to look like Morrowind or whatever, it's still Skyrim, the objectively shittiest game and game engine ever made in the history of video games.

t. 3,000 hrs in skyrim

Nope, but easily 1000 in Morrowind because it's an actual game.

Looks good
Can't wait to play in 2025

>Morrowind with shitty Skyrim combat and physics
Might as well play Morrowind with hd graphics and bug fixes. I dont see the point of Skywind. If you think Morrowind is unplayable because MISS MISS MISS then you just need to learn how the game works.

What's with the meme giant's causeway rock formations? It's like Dragon Age Inquisition shit level of art direction.

nice bait faggot

It's not bait, any post saying something positive about Skyrim is, by definition, shitposting.

the point is that it's an old thing being brought up to newer standards of quality. the improvements to graphics, combat, dialogue, and gameplay in general are very welcome. morrowind is a great game and it deserves to have a second wind. lots of zoomers who refuse to touch the original game will learn to appreciate how good morrowind is

>the improvements to graphics, combat, dialogue, and gameplay in general are very welcome.

Nothing about Skyrim is an improvement over Morrowind though? Playing Morrowind-colored Skyrim isn't going to make anyone appreciate Morrowind because nothing about what made Morrowind great will be present.

Well I know a lot of people don't like the lack of town AI and schedules. Some people have trouble getting into it when the world kind of feels "dead" since everyone is just walking back and forth for their whole lives. That's really the only legitimate reason I could think of though.

Who fucking cares about this giant projects. They are never coming out.

Oblivion is the worst TES. The writing is just as bad as Skyrim, and the gameplay is worse.

at least the side quests are good, and the shivering isles

>nothing about what made Morrowind great will be present

which things specifically are you referring to? outdated graphics? dice roll combat? barely and voiced dialogue? skywind isn't just Skyrim: Morrowind Edition. it's morrowind in a new engine. everything that made morrowind good is still there.

Attached: 489830_20190620000709_1.png (871x490, 430K)

I feel like the first and second sentences contradict the forth

Well most of the setting, and plot/writing will be there.

>complaining about combat
>when skyrim combat is literally just spam left click and right click to block now and then
way to out yourself as a zoomer faggot

I emailed Bethesda's various reps and let them know about this game that's ripping off their hardwork. I hope this shit gets canceled and the creators of it get sued.

are you just going to ignore the vast improvements to every other area of the game? skyrim's combat is shit, but so is morrowind's. the trade-off is worth it

bethesda has already made their stance on these types of mods clear which is that if they don't use the original voice acting they are totally fine
this is common knowledge, and i know you're just ironically shitposting and don't actually plan to do that, but you need to be informed so maybe you put a bit more effort into your bait next time and stop embarrassing yourself

>are you just going to ignore the vast improvements to every other area of the game?
like what? the part where they removed spellcrafting entirely? the part where classes and stats were removed in favor of just skills and perks? the quest markers attached to your hud?
no really, what the fuck are you referring to?

>You just stand there swinging at each other.
just like in every other elder scrolls game
anyways, to avoid misses, make sure you use a weapon that you have a high skill stat with, and keep an eye on your stamina to make sure it doesn't get too low; don't spam attacks

you do realize skywind has spellcrafting, classes and stats, and doesnt have quest markers right? again, this isn't skyrim

yeah, because it's taking all that from morrowind. porting the game to skyrim doesn't add fucking anything except prettier graphics.

the skyrim engine lacks countless game mechanics from the morrowind era that not even modders have managed to fully implement

1. Keep your stamina high
2. Use stamina potions
3. Race, Major skill, and star sign for the weapon class you want to use, get a lot of points in the skill
4. Get high Agility and make sure to get large multipliers on level up by raising the skills that govern that attribute
5. There are three types of attacks, Chop, Thrust, and Slash that do different amounts of damage based on which direction you are moving when you attack

Magic effects make combat much more interesting, get creative and experiment.

People have been formatting posts like that here since before you were born retard.

DUUUUH you no speaky my secret club house way you speaky dumb dumb
I'm the bestest.

This is obtuse and shitty even for a dated RPG.

so what is your problem with skywind then? it has better graphics? is that it? because all of the things that made morrowind better than skyrim are present in this remake, with the addition of better graphics and gameplay

>just like in every other elder scrolls game
Yeah. I've only played Skyrim and couldn't stand it, mostly because of the combat. I've heard about Morrowind's attack missing, but that's not a concern to me. If I can't stomach Skyrim, I don't know that Morrowind will be much better. Still, I'd like to try and get past it because the world seems really interesting.

Morrowind was never perfect but combat is a rather small portion of the gameplay that you don't need to grind that much for, just gather as much money as you can and train the fuck out of a combat skill until you can use it normally during adventure. Don't actually try to get good at "naturally"

>skywind isn't just Skyrim: Morrowind Edition. it's morrowind in a new engine. everything that made morrowind good is still there.

No spellmaking
No abilities or stats
No armor pieces
No levitation or teleportation
No major dialogue, just short amateur voice acting lines
All the clunkiness and fake action of Skyrim's garbage, brain-dead gameplay.

You're literally shitposting right now. That's what you're doing.

literally everything you listed is false, except the last one arguably

>so what is your problem with skywind then?
nothing, but i do have a problem with this:
>because all of the things that made morrowind better than skyrim are present in this remake, with the addition of better graphics and gameplay
you keep saying the gameplay is improved, like if you repeat it enough it will become true, but the gameplay of skyrim is fucking dogshit and porting over whatever you can fit from morrowind isn't going to improve morrowinds gameplay at all
you're a fucking idiot

i agree for the most part, but i do think skyrim's gameplay is better in a lot of areas. like archery or sneaking, for example

>because all of the things that made morrowind better than skyrim are present in this remake, with the addition of better graphics and gameplay

NO they're not, most of the magic effects are janky as shit, the new weapon types require the same shitty scripts skyrim mods never managed to pull off well, no drag and drop menu means you can't apply effects as liberally with potions and items, you have limitations with character slots, you have limitations with numbers of animations, the dialog has been gutted and fundamentally incompatible with the breadth of the original game's content.

Skyrim is damn near impossible to make to do some things, Bethesda couldn't pull it off and some modders that have been twiddling their thumbs for years won't, Skywind was in development hell for damn near a decade.

>Skywind was in development hell for damn near a decade.
Skyrim is only about 8 years old, so I highly doubt this.

>but i do think skyrim's gameplay is better in a lot of areas. like archery or sneaking, for example
you're also wrong. and like i said, a fucking idiot.

you're implying archery and sneaking is better in morrowind?

yes, they've been trying to make skywind since skyrim fucking came out. It was ridiculous then and the fact that you have TCs like Enderal and huge shit like The Forgotten City come out before they had a gameplay trailer like this speaks a lot about Skywind. Their team has never had a core of skilled people, mostly idea guys and an endless rotation of concept artists and VAs, which make for pretty showcases but no real results.

certainly no worse than skyrim's dogshit implementation where stealth archers are completely broken

Looks good but people shouldn't wear the same clothes as in Skyrim

I lost all interest for FO/TES games a long time ago
Last time I played Skyrim was in 2013, I never played the special edition so when they're claiming that their models and textures will be better than whatever is in the vanilla special edition It gets me kinda hyped. Although it looks like they'll be using most if not all of the shitty animations from a game from 2011 so that's kind of a bummer

Attached: 1562954278565.png (600x448, 296K)

Lmao delusional

kino

retard

In the noclip documentary one of the devs said he really appreciated these remakes.

nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19697

Bruh

nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20983

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29600?tab=videos#lg=2&slide=1

>no spellcrafting

It's shit.