Rosterfags need not apply

For those of you who’s most wanteds got in, smash 4, ultimate or otherwise, are you still happy with their inclusion? Are you satisfied with how they are designed and portrayed? Do you main them?

Attached: 6CE567EA-8A61-4567-B77B-4C2085986F12.jpg (1192x670, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mFmXNZu2cnU
castlevania.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_Cross
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kraid

Attached: 1248234714.oniontrain_maid_kraid.jpg (1200x1200, 811K)

They’re not out yet

Attached: DD6060B4-A4B0-4779-BFB6-440287762E16.jpg (1300x649, 74K)

Worst set of newcomer additions yet

Smash 4’s newcomers besides Megaman, Shulk, Ryu and Cloud were all awful

who did you want then faggot because aside from maybe incineroar(whose still fun as shit to play) and isabelle all the ultimate newcomers have been okay to great

Attached: 1556410952661.jpg (624x474, 24K)

I’ve wanted an Atlus rep for years and years, I’m a huge JRPG fan and have been playing their games for as long as I can remember, Joker representing their best selling IP was a logical choice I respect, and he’s really fun and challenging to play. I’ve mained him since he came out.

Attached: 04AFF98F-4D02-4D1C-A9CA-482CDB60475F.jpg (599x685, 70K)

Actually they were the best in the series, a bunch of deserving Nintendo characters, shame Sakurai failed to do that in the ultimate smash game, I hope smash 6 is better.

More deserving first party, thankfully it seems inevitable that smash 6 will do this especially after a third party only pass

c'mon user, let's hear those character choices. Im ready to laugh

I'm happy he's in, but I hate how he was low-tier in 4. He's better in Ultimate, but he still can't compete with the high tiers. Not to mention anyone with a reflector (which is nearly half the cast now) hard-counters him.

Attached: 1554085831788.gif (225x225, 21K)

>Nintendo purist

Haha yeah dude, Springman and Ashley would have been SO much more hype

Attached: 0B02C8E8-5EAF-4736-AFC4-7AB27C7B8877.png (1024x1024, 622K)

When I played Xenoblade in 2012, I really wanted Shulk. I was ecstatic when he got in 4. I'm very happy with his design and I do in fact main him.

theres barely 5 whole characters that i could even consider "deserve" a spot and most of them come from series that are already packed full of characters
i wanted shit like fawful and captain syrup but im more than happy with what we've gotten, and on top of that when smash 6 inevitably comes they're going to have priority when most third parties are gone again

Fuck off Stevefag

Attached: 20ABDF38-758F-4F9E-AE33-0FC5A5F9E5F9.png (500x312, 283K)

I’m really glad Xenoblade has been more mainstream since smash, the Xeno series has such high quality compared to how much attention it got, especially in the west

i'm happy with pic related or duck hunt, the rest i want are either spirits or just have a fat chance

Attached: 220px-Pac-Man_World.jpg (220x219, 23K)

This also goes for

I would if they added edelgard or the MC of astral chain

Exactly, fits the Nintendo all stars theme, idgaf if Sakurai said it’s a celebration of gaming it’s still Nintendo’s all stars.

BASED PacBros

Cringe Zoomer

Attached: 3247B2A3-FCCA-4A6C-BE1D-0303C0EA7C65.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

>Always mained half the cast in all precious SSB games.

>can only be compelled to play Kirby in Ultimate.

This must be the punishment for the sin of staying wit the franchise this long.

Attached: 78798A66-FEE1-431F-BD87-7897E3F66E0F.png (500x382, 127K)

Based
Cringe

Shulk was my most wanted but I don't like playing him since his moves come out so slow. Joker wasn't a most wanted since I thought he had zero chance of getting in but I don't really like how he plays either. I wish the Persona wasn't just limit and was more like Zelda phantom.

I'm very happy that Megaman got in with the best final smash in the entire game, but god damn he's boring to play as/against

There's absolutely no fucking way someone can actually think Smash 4 had the best newcomers

How the fuck does someone achieve this mindset
It’s incomprehensible and I can only rationalize it as trolling

Attached: 167E5349-9923-4F45-ADE8-6F429893900D.png (255x235, 46K)

>Actually they were the best in the series, a bunch of deserving Nintendo characters, shame Sakurai failed to do that in the ultimate smash game, I hope smash 6 is better.

Attached: 245204DC-ADBA-4F79-B917-8CBEF1638ADF.jpg (780x1107, 156K)

With all the seething and crying that spawned from it, I am 100% satisfied with their inclusion. I am ecstatic just to see them again, but nothing has made me happier knowing that everyone who doubted me were handed a big, fat L.

Attached: 1564267393173m.jpg (1024x1004, 142K)

My most wanted has been in since melee and I main them, but since that's out of the picture now my most wanted will surely never happen

Attached: 1541591758898.png (1800x1732, 1.29M)

I SAID NO ROSTERFAGGING REEEEEEE

Attached: 2E7C4E79-604C-471C-8DCB-51DEDE0140B6.png (140x153, 22K)

This. Part of me thinks they were doing it so hard just to make the victory sweeter when it actually happened.

No

Attached: 24C3CEEF-EF0A-432B-804D-60DE5835341F.jpg (1240x740, 51K)

I main Ridley every day, baby

Attached: 2CE1201E-5A12-4D7B-A6E6-02CA185B82A2.jpg (1003x720, 273K)

This is your second Microsoft rep

Attached: BB6F3665-ED1D-4610-B54C-26E42D27414A.jpg (2048x2048, 350K)

Sakurai is on point. After 64 and Melee established what the series was Brawl, 4, and Ultimate pretty much added all the must-have characters into the mix.

Just add some Doom and some other Monolith characters and it's pretty much the perfect representation of a Nintendo and Friends fighting game.

Attached: vinesauce fucking dies again.gif (365x182, 1.49M)

(Cont)
The only thing I wish they would change is his down air, maybe replace using his feet with his tail, like Super Metroid

Doubt it

>dair isn’t the pogo tail
>up-b doesn’t even have 8 angles

Sakurai please help this poor space lizard

Yeah I'm really happy with what we've gotten, even if there are a few unnecessary picks like Incneroar, Richter and Plant.

I'm glad that people have gotten who've they wanted for so long and that Sakurai was able to represent these newcomers so well. My most wanted seem to be nearly impossible

Attached: CBWKk3.jpg (1366x768, 660K)

>are you still happy with their inclusion?
Two months later and I still smile every time I think of their reveal trailer
>Are you satisfied with how they are designed and portrayed?
Yes, by far the best the characters have ever looked.
>Do you main them?
I will.

Attached: 1566256080368.png (389x368, 225K)

Man, I hope Sakurai does something to drive arrogant prudes like you away from the series forever

I still main Ridley to this day, but sometimes I wish that he had a down b

I swear to God the new fighter is going to be someone we all totally forgot about, but in hindsight it's going to be somebody incredibly obvious. I just can't think of who.

Forgot to add because saying that Mega Man, Ryu and Cloud were bad choices is fucking retarded

Steve

Terry Bogard or Travis Touchdown (I don't trust Suda for some reason)

kino taste, user

Attached: 3x3 smash.png (660x660, 741K)

I adore Conker, but I don't want him in Smash.
Well, maybe I do, but everything that makes Conker Conker would have to be removed.
No swearing. No crass language. No alcohol. No blood. No piss. No guns. The only way I could see them doing Conker justice is if they made him THE definitive "cartoon" character in Smash. Squash and stretch, anvils, cartoon SFX, the works. The only "crudeness" I could see them getting away with is Conker oogling Zero Suit Samus and Bayonetta in his Classic Mode portrait.

Attached: 1561331271214.png (567x567, 85K)

I fucking love Ridley and will keep playing him, but god damn what were they thinking?

>Give Ridley the weaknesses of a superheavy but he's not as heavy as one

Also I wish Hero didn't have RNG so I could enjoy playing him without feeling bad considering how RNG heavy he is. If he ever returns in the future, I will pay Sakurai to give him a good moveset. My hype for him got crushed hard.

Attached: assassins-creed-eio-collection-appears-on-korean-ratings-board.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

It's hard to tell really. Only the apex of retards would actually think that Banjo will be replaced, cut, canceled, ect.

Attached: 1563423247246m.jpg (701x1024, 156K)

It’s what keeps me a firstpatyfag playing smash, knowing that all these guest characters are going to be replaced with deserving Nintendo characters next game

>a bunch of deserving Nintendo characters
>Bowser Jr
>Dark Pit
>fucking Corrin

take your (you) and skedaddle you turbosimp

Yup, there are people who do, the loyal smash fans who accept any Nintendo character but have mixed opinions about the guest characters.

Based

Really? I think that the roster of Sm4sh was quite solid.
>You got a lot of popular and iconic 3rd parties like Ryu, Cloud, Pacman and Megaman. Plus Bayo is a fun character that comes from a great franchise
>Duck Hunt, the Koopalings and Villager were big omissions due to their impact on Nintendo
>New faces like Shulk who also represented a sleeper hit that only came to the west due to fan outcry. Plus Rosa and Corrin were cool additions that were new faces of their respective series
>Some odd additions like WFT and Palutena who help balance the cast
Ultimate roster is not complete but

Kill yourself

>Megaman
Exceeded expectations in terms of how he and his moveset was designed. I love the blue bomber so much in this game.

>Little Mac
Don’t care if he’s shit, I’m just glad he’s in plus I do love facets of his design like the KO Punch and Doc Louis’ inclusion.

>King K. Rool
Exceeded expectations. I love how they captured K. Rool’s personality and how much detail was put into his design and moveset. He’s my main alongside my longtime main, Wario.

>Simon Belmont
More then happy with his inclusion and look. I’m glad they went with the classic Conan design instead of that faggy BDSM look I see everywhere.

Remember that bayo also comes from a rated M game, joker has real guns in a move literally called gun, Conker himself only swears like 3 times in the game and all of the context sensitive moves that are suited for a rated E10+ game like smash

It sucks that people do nothing but shit on Daisy. Peach is a fucking slag, Daisy is a pure fiery maiden.

Attached: 789a758f8ae1dbb7ac656293397bff18[1].jpg (670x1191, 57K)

Not him but Villager is my favorite newcomer.

>ultimate port

And I’m done

I love all the cool combos you can pull off with him, seeing people in tournaments pull that stuff off is brilliant

Cloud is pretty fun, and I'm really happy his design.

Main him? Nah, he was way better in Smash 4. I still play him casually though, Palutena main for now.

Forgot to end. Ultimate roster is not yet complete but base newcomers just felt a bit lacking just due to the number but DLC is fixing that.

Exactly which is why he will remain forever, a never ever

I've mained my most wanted since day 1 of smash 4. He's fun as fuck to use, especially in Ultimate, and I think he's represented well overall. Only complaint is that we only got one song remix and it kinda sucks.

If I'm being honest, I thought that no character could ever make me stop maining Shulk, but I'm really, really excited for Banjo. Definitely gonna try him out, as a secondary at the very least.

Attached: bede12af01bc55966742a4aaf88c54dc.jpg (574x768, 115K)

Those apex retards are being realistic, he’ll be in one game only, thankfully the best fucking one

>bowser jr
>bad

I feel shamefull for the fact the Belmont's were the scrub character for some time. The Final Smash is really weirdly shot, I don't like the point of view being so "diagonal" and asymmetric. Evything else was really done right tough.
Megaman was also cool when he came out, but he went a bit down in my opinion. I just don't like having a character that relies so much in projectiles in a fighter. Also his Final Smash is dumb and got dumber with Ultimate, should have been something else like Super Adapt or atleast don't add Bass and Protoman to it.

Bowser jr and corrin are unique, get the fuck over corrin being a shill pic it’s fucking ancient at this point. They fixed dark pit by making him an echo.

seething redditor

The only thing I'd change about Corrin is give him a crawl and reinstate thigh windows on Fcorrin. If fucking Bayonetta is allowed to exist then there's reason to not have it. It helps the color balance a lot IMO.
Also his air speed is really slow, it'd be neat if you could cancel the side B hop and use its momentum for other attacks.

Attached: 1548015653634.jpg (2307x1260, 787K)

>Corrin main is a spoogehead
Checks out.

There is no way your most wanted was Corrin, the game wasn’t even out in English yet

Attached: B643C0AF-81F0-419F-A7EF-4547B63F4BE5.gif (152x191, 18K)

>Same retards claimed Ridley will never happen.
>Same retards claimed K.Rool will never happen
>Same retards claimed Banjo-kazooie will never happen.
>Being "realistic"

Sure thing, pal.

Attached: 1560812351213.gif (600x557, 170K)

People are only pushing him because of that render

I was all over it from before there were english names. Literally a perfect storm of hitting my buttons.

Good thing Corrin will be removed next game :^)

Saves me money. Nothing good lasts forever my friend.

Fair enough I suppose, at least a shapeshifting dragon prince is cool in concept

Could you fucking image if pic related got in

Attached: 0209265E-FD88-4DA8-A5D5-D5FFCF6DE35D.png (480x1080, 10K)

I wish Dark Samus was more phazony but otherwise I'm pretty happy.

I love how this syncs with this
youtube.com/watch?v=mFmXNZu2cnU

I got my wish back in Brawl when Olimar made it to the roster. I'm generally happy with him, but thanks to how good he was in Brawl and early Ultimate, people think I'm a tier-whore when I pick him. I'm also a little annoyed that Sm4sh reduced the Pikmin following him to three, but as a tradeoff, it got rid of that hideously unreliable tether.

He'd have to be a base game character or offered at a discount price.
The Fighter's Pass characters are all the same 5.99 price. They need to be similar in the amount of work/effort put into them, and Steve's design is inherently cheap. He would stick out like a sore thumb and feel like a blatant rip-off when placed next to the other paid dlc characters.

>long time pikmen fan

Holy shit I didn’t even know you people fucking existed

Seeing as though I've waited over two decades for Banjo, yeah I'm pretty fucking relieved.

Having Rare ripped out of Nintendo, and subsequently Smash, for so long always felt like such a glaring hole that needed filling. At least for Smash now I'm certainly satisfied, even if I'm still anxious over the final two DLC's and other minor-wants of mine.

Attached: 1560128592633.png (681x680, 1.07M)

Same and same. With him and now Banjo, the roster is complete for me.

Every fighter has the same amount of effort put into them aside from echoes, Steve would be no different

A farting move combined with a more unique moveset is all she needed to make her stand out more

That and her much better sports outfit

>Ridley
I'm glad he's in and I play him a lot, but he could've been done better. The idea of a "heavy" who's deceptively light was a cool idea for him, but I think it would've been improved by making him more aerial focused by giving him his pogo tail as a Dair and a less shitty Up B, and nerfing him on the ground in exchange. I also was kind of hoping for a Wrecked Ship stage for him but that was always a pipe dream. But I like him overall, plus his design is good and the alts are pretty great.
>K. Rool
I think they did him pretty much perfectly. Would be cool if Kaptain and Mad Scientist were alts, but the way they incorporated them into his moveset is awesome.
>Belmont
I'm still over the fucking moon about him, even though he can be annoying to play against. I love how he controls as if you're actually just playing CV, his design is better than Konami will ever do again, and the stage is great, plus Drac is the best boss battle in the game as a bonus. My only disappointments are the lack of a SotN Richter alt and the fact that Dracula's Castle doesn't contain any wall chicken.
>a fucking plant
I have no idea why this happened but I love the plant. He's a ton of fun to play as.
>Banjo and Kazooie
I'm really excited to see how they play out. From what little we've seen it looks like Nintendo's decided to throw us a bone and not ruin them with a retarded gimmick, but fingers crossed.

Shit even I want Spring Man or an ARMS rep but even I know they wouldnt really be as huge of an ad for game roster wise as someone like K. Rool, Ridley, or the Belmonts.

Attached: 1555712233113.jpg (287x266, 24K)

K. Rool is one of my favorite characters to play as, he's better than I ever thought he'd be.

True and it’s not even a masterpiece

I like K Rool, but I'm extremely unhappy with the nerfs and his general kit. He's just so fucking worthless to play as.

Yes. Pac-Man's inclusion made Smash perfect for me. I don't care if he's shit (he's not, btw, you just need to git gut), I love the little yellow bastard.

The duality of man

>the nerfs
You mean the ones that did very little to effect his viability whatsoever?
Hell, he's gotten some direct buffs ad didn't get hit with the universal projectiles-on-shield nerf

This was my second choice after Olimar, and no, I'm not happy with this one. At all.

There were slight rumors going around that Ike was going to leave the roster for Smash 4, so I wanted pic related to get in. My reasoning was that if they went with Lucina instead, they would just turn her into a Marth clone (which of course they did), and Chrom would stand a chance of being a more unique character.

Come Smash 4's trailer, and we have Lucina getting in instead of Chrom, and the latter spending the trailer eating floor.

Then Ultimate adds him in, and instead of easy-mode Marth, he's some weird Roy/Ike hybrid with horridly janky animations and an incorrect win fanfare that they didn't even fix until 3.0.0. Also, Lucina's still in, and Fire Emblem now has salty rosterfags of other fandoms giving it a jaundiced eye because of its overrepresentation.

Attached: chrom_ssbu.png (1593x1897, 2.19M)

>Arlo with teeth
That makes me extremley uncomfortable.

Ooh one more thing. A Nestrian theater stage with Azura dancing in the background would have been perfect.

I'm having trouble thinking of a moveset for him that would be allowed. Frying pan normals, helicopter tail, and slingshot? I guess guns might now be on the table, especially if they're more cartoony. Maybe the bat transformation as a recovery, something kind of like Villager's tree or Isabelles stop sign where Birdy pops out of the ground, something like Shiek and ZSS's down B using the Matrix outfit from the bank heist part. Final Smash being the opening animation of Conker blowing up the Rare logo. Plus I guess putting him in would be a nice excuse to use some Diddy Kong Racing stuff.

Hell even the echoes have their own animations unique to them like idles and even some shared moves like Dark Samus and Samus blaster have slightly differing firing animations, like for example dark samus hipfires while samus has hand on arm cannon to steady it which actually makes it hit slightly lower than Samus'. Also her dodge is entirely different.
Sakurai even puts at least a little effort into some of his clone fighters when the team can, dark pit being a strange exception compared to pit

Attached: 1566346048780.jpg (678x510, 64K)

>Ridley
pretty good. missing some iconic moves from the games but he's fun to play (when he's not in disadvantage)
>K. Rool
very fun, just wish he could pick his crown up like Gyro or Turnip for item combos and his armor mechanic was more consistent (ie superarmor on entire moves instead of just the belly+maybe it breaks easier for balance)
>Joker
kinda disappointing. like he's definitely fun to play but I wanted SMT demons in his moveset, not just Arsene.
>Banjo
not out yet but they look neat.

Attached: 2019-06-11 09_56_25-(2) dumb motherfucker (@vilepluff) _ Twitter - Waterfox.jpg (460x609, 20K)

i really like how Richter and Simon are protrayed, but i wish they were more different from one another, maybe something like marth and lucina

Attached: simon and richter.png (1703x1277, 2.05M)

>horridly janky animation
His animations are fine, in fact, he probably had to have some of the most work on a echo fighter due to the fact that he wields his sword normally compared to Roy. Its his model thats off.
also I don't like people saying he's a hybrid when he only shares on move with Ike, along with his sound effects for his sword. Thats it.

Simon, banjo, robin, bayonetta, and every single veteran? Yes, i’m very happy. All that’s missing is bandana dee but banjo filled the void for me

Ill probably be ostracized and hated for this opinion but I couldnt give a shit less about FE, Mario, Pokemon, whatever overrepresentation as long as the majority have unique movesets. The only real standout moveset echo to me FE wise is lucina since Chrom despite being a Roy Echo doesnt really function too much the same to me and could of just as easily been classed as an Ike Echo and itd still work out.
Im happy with the roster but Pic Related would be another dream for me.

Attached: 1541966094851.png (800x1000, 1.27M)

I never played Castlevania before. Is Simon and Richter's final smash a reference to something?

Smash 4 gave us Rosalina, WFT, Wendy Koopa, Fem Robin, Lucina, Palutena, Fem Corrin, and Bayonetta, so it's automatically the best. Ultimate, on the other hand, gave us a bunch of shitty cereal mascots like Incineroar, K. Rool, and Banjo.

Attached: 8863903de3d0be3432ccf14bcdd6a909.jpg (883x1049, 163K)

the only bad newcomer in ultimate is incineroar imo.
but i guess some people find him fun to play

Fag.

Attached: 5a951b079aba7.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

>the only bad newcomer in ultimate is incineroar
You forgot Banjo and Chrom.

I find it kind of odd that he's not in the game in some form, like a boss battle, AT, or stage hazard. Granted his pod is pretty similar to Dr. Wily's, but Robotnik is the only vidya villain I can think of who's as iconic as Bowser and Ganondorf, its a shame they havent made use of him yet.

castlevania.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_Cross

Attached: grand cross.gif (439x284, 1.24M)

I was playing Aria of Sorrow and was super surprised to see one of the characters pull out that attack almost exactly from smash against me. One of my favorite bossfights of all time actually.
Based waifufag, what people don't understand is that a large part of the reason Rosalina and Palutena got in is to make it less of a sausage fest.

All I wanted were Lyn and Ashley. I'm so disappointed they didn't get in.

Attached: Lyn (BB).png (720x1280, 442K)

please have sex

>we will never get a load of this

Attached: 1566650583062.png (894x894, 1.6M)

You first, furfag.

>Pit
Wanted this fool since the first Smash, glad he got in but would have liked more focus on arrows. Still happy to have him there.

>Mr. Game & Watch
Never expected him to be picked. Was delighted to see him in Melee and onward. The moveset is fun and I wouldn't change a thing about him.

>Ryu
Turned out better than I had hoped. I like the unique input gimmick and it's just fun seeing him outside of a traditional fighter.

>Incineroar
Turned out perfect in my book. Very fun to play as and connecting the heavy hits are very satisfying.

okay brb

>rosterfags need not apply
>what's your opinion of the roster?!

jesus christ do you hypocritical fags ever actually talk about this game ?

>Ridley and K.Rool

Yeah! I actually love to play big characters (Donkey Kong, Ganondorf and Ike are my mains since forever) and those two ere great adittions. kinda hyped for banjo. and i despised swordfags characters played with hero and meh ok i guess

just expecting that new blue haired boi from fire emblem i guess, not that excited

Rosterfags are people that are obsessed with who getting in and complain about various aspects of reps, we just wanna discuss the characters that are in

stevefag

I hope your dream comes true, the good doctor would be a great addition. I never considered Orbot and Cubot for taunts but now I really want that.

i fucking love that art

Attached: 1445988640966.jpg (560x560, 375K)

I've always wanted Charizard in Smash since Smash 64. It's a shame that he's the worst part of Pokemon Trainer.

i would expect at least Death Egg Robot but they probably used Galleom First due to being nintendo owned to fill in the "Giant Robotic Boss" quota.

Attached: 1554816338539.png (894x894, 1.04M)

Fuck the laws of quantum physics and fuck the fact they're not actually out yet I am extremely satisfied with their inclusion and are my main by default now. Your "facts and logic" have no power here.

Attached: bangbang.gif (360x360, 3.42M)

How do Dragon Quest fags feel about Hero? I'm guessing they aren't really happy with him being a slot machine?

DESU it's such a waste peach daisy and rosalina don't have their sports or their motorcycle outfits.

I hope that banjo is one of these four:
>Hideously overpowered
>Hilariously underpowered
>Abhorrently unfair.
>Extremely fair and based.
No middle ground, I want a front seat ticket to the shitshow.

he's pretty good after the nair buff tho
unless you're like crazy good at Squirtle's grab combos, Charizard easily outperforms him desu

>megaman
>hero

Fucking ecstatic m8. Megaman is my main now.

I never asked for them, but I am super happy they're in. Their inclusion makes me feel warm and fuzzy

>No swearing. No crass language. No alcohol. No blood. No piss. No guns.
t. faggot that didn't play the game nor Conker's Pocket Tales. Conker rarely curses in BFD and you have a basic moveset he could use from BFD alone, never mind Pocket Tales.
>Bat/Pan as a neutral
>Tail copter as a B-Up
>Slingshot as a Forward-B
>Chainsaw as his Down-B
I wish you people would do your research before you make these stupid claims and spreading misinformation. You literally don't even have to have any of the vulgar references to make Conker work.

Attached: 1484958479763.gif (320x240, 493K)

Banjo is the first time a character I actively wanted got in and it feels pretty good. Looks like he'll be fun to play as, so I think I'll be satisfied.
Considering my other most wanted characters are never-evers (Wonder Red, Eggman, Skull Kid), I'll have to savor the flavor of Banjo's inclusion.

Attached: wonder.png (457x427, 265K)

Fuck you Pac-Man is based

What a fucking retard

I played Conker's BFD but never Pocket Tales
>You don't need vulgar references to make Conker work
Except the vulgar references are 100% what sets Conker apart from other cartoony characters like Banjo, Duck Hunt, and Sonic. 100% of the reason Conker is remembered fondly today is because of the charming and witty writing, adult themes, and vulgar language that juxtaposed the cutesy artstyle and characters, and its the same reason NOBODY gives a fuck about Pocket Tales. It sure as shit wasn't the gameplay, which for the most part is the worst part of CBFD.
Removing adult humor from Conker removes what makes Conker unique and lovable.

Attached: 1558309803028.jpg (497x516, 55K)

what's the story behind this gif?

I'm thrilled, I got Banjo-Kazooie and assuming they don't fuck it up, I'll be running Mumbo-Jumbo Swordfighter too as my secondary. First time I'll actually use the Mii Fighters.

Attached: BanjoTooieGang2.png (880x1007, 645K)

>Except the vulgar references are 100% what sets Conker apart from other cartoony characters like Banjo, Duck Hunt, and Sonic.
The game, yes. The character, no. You can tone down his love for titties and bear just like Bayonetta doesn't say 'fuck'.
>100% of the reason Conker is remembered fondly today is because of the charming and witty writing, adult themes, and vulgar language that juxtaposed the cutesy artstyle and characters
The game, not the character. And DLC isn't rated by the ESRB.
>and its the same reason NOBODY gives a fuck about Pocket Tales.
You sure about that?
>Removing adult humor from Conker removes what makes Conker unique and lovable.
Yeah, the game. Not the character. Seems like more made-up rules yet again to gatekeep a character from Smash. You sure you played the game?

*beer
Fucking hell.

Attached: 1482645194470.gif (300x225, 814K)

>pac-man
>bad
off yourself, talesnigger

Attached: 1530659614540.jpg (625x625, 51K)

>no roster faggotry
>thread is nothing but roster faggotry

Attached: 1539257698826.png (149x155, 24K)

>Wonder Red
God I hope he gets in. Wonderful 101 is such an amazing world that it hurts it might never see the light of day again

I wanted Shulk in 4, got him, mained him, but swapped to Hero in ultimate. They made his buff timers way too short in Ult, I don’t like rebuffing all the time and since my secondary was Robin Hero is a nice middle ground.

>Daisy

I wanted her in for a while now but the fact they opted to just have her be a clone instead of her own thing was a real bummer and I ended up finding myself never touching her after the first few weeks of the game being out

Bayonetta is still fairly sultry in Smash. How could you show that Conker is a crass little shit in Smash? Just have him make rude comments during his taunts? Seems like a waste of his character to me.
>You sure about that?
Yes, I am. Nobody on Earth remembers Conker fondly because of his mediocre GB game
>Yeah, the game. Not the character.
Conker is just as rude as the game he comes from, he just swears less than the other characters he meets.
>Seems like more made-up rules yet again to gatekeep a character from Smash.
Who is gatekeeping? Conker could absolutely get in Smash, it isn't a stretch at all, and if he DOES get in, I'll be super happy. I just think Smash would divorce him of everything that makes the character unique and fun.
>You sure you played the game?
I've beaten it twice on N64, once on Xbox, and once on Xbox One. Yes, I've played the game.

Attached: 1547615947144.png (539x767, 1.03M)

>How could you show that Conker is a crass little shit in Smash?
He is not, in the sense you're trying to push.
>Just have him make rude comments during his taunts?
Well, that could work. He doesn't curse much so you CAN get away with some stuff like Mother-buzzer and so on.
>Seems like a waste of his character to me.
Good thing I'm informing you on his character and not just seeing things from a surface level. Unfortunately that's most Smashfags in a nutshell.
>Yes, I am. Nobody on Earth remembers Conker fondly because of his mediocre GB game
Funny, Diddy Kong Racing was why the game got put on the map in the first place. Remember the actual game he debuted in?
>I just think Smash would divorce him of everything that makes the character unique and fun.
You can say that for nearly half of the roster. What would another supposed off-mark character really affect?
>I've beaten it twice on N64, once on Xbox, and once on Xbox One. Yes, I've played the game.
Then you should know that he doesn't swear or curse as much. He even drinks a soda in his idle animation. Trust me, Conker will be alright. If anything this could be the middle ground the series desperately needs and also show he's not a caricature cursing and drinking every waking moment. Persona, Bayonetta and Metal Gear Solid are in the fucking game, come on now.

Attached: 1487488121081.png (250x300, 69K)

I don’t understand why these people are obsessed with stripping characters of their identities to make them work in Smash, I think doomfaggotry is weird for similar reasons, and then people go and compare them to games that just have M ratings due to tangential elements rather than anything innate to the character like it’s the same thing.

>I don’t understand why these people are obsessed with stripping characters of their identities to make them work in Smash
Once again, Conker is not crude or rude. Pic fucking related. He's a sane man in an insane world.

Attached: 1456630091811.jpg (540x405, 29K)

Isn’t the very first level him stumbling home drunk off his ass?

>He is not, in the sense you're trying to push.
But he is. He is rude to every single character he meets in his only game that matters. Have YOU played the game?
>He doesn't curse much so you CAN get away with some stuff like Mother-buzzer and so on.
Unless he gets character-specific lines like Resetti and Codec calls, giving him only generic responses to characters would be lame.
>Funny, Diddy Kong Racing was why the game got put on the map in the first place
You're attributing Conker's cult icon status to a cameo in Diddy Kong racing? Are you actually saying that the only reason people bought CBFD was because of DKR? Because that is ridiculous.
>You can say that for nearly half of the roster.
Half of the roster aren't nearly as unique as Conker is. I keep using the word 'unique', but Conker is really just that, especially among the rest of the roster, but it doesn't show on a surface level. Putting him next to all these characters without being able to show the side of him that sets him apart from them all would be a misstep, and Conker deserves better.
>Then you should know that he doesn't swear or curse as much
He still gets drunk and pisses on people. He still commands a raptor to rip cavemen to shreds. He still crushes people's balls with bricks. Smash wouldn't be able to DO anything to show things like this.
>Persona, Bayonetta and Metal Gear Solid
And Joker is still just another anime silhouette
Bayo and Snake stand out because Bayo gets naked and dances and Snake is a fucking soldier with guns. They stand out because their character designs are so radically different from the other characters in Smash. On the surface, Conker is just another cartoon character.
I like Conker, user, you aren't arguing with someone that doesn't want him in Smash. You're arguing with someone that thinks Conker is the one character Sakurai and his team wouldn't be able to do justice.

Attached: rexiro.jpg (700x412, 39K)

>Rosterfags need not apply
I've been asking for a specific series to get better representation for 5 years and I've been completely ignored. Does that make me a rosterfag?

Attached: 3151818532031143518.png (1842x1519, 541K)

Gee with the pic you just put up. You do sound like a Rosterfag. L

Attached: 014B00A5-0B8A-443C-9195-8B085DB43116.jpg (246x249, 6K)

>But he is. He is rude to every single character he meets in his only game that matters
Because they were rude to him for the most part. Guy's trying to survive.
>Unless he gets character-specific lines like Resetti and Codec calls, giving him only generic responses to characters would be lame.
Well, prepare for lame. He only curses twice in the game and they're not exactly iconic lines.
>You're attributing Conker's cult icon status to a cameo in Diddy Kong racing? Are you actually saying that the only reason people bought CBFD was because of DKR? Because that is ridiculous.
Pocket Tales, dumbass. READ NIGGA
>Half of the roster aren't nearly as unique as Conker is.
Everyone is unique. The issue is Smash does not go the extra mile unless Sakurai wants to. Wario has almost nothing from Wario Land, Samus is self-explanatory and Sonic is still that hastily added character from Brawl.
>Putting him next to all these characters without being able to show the side of him that sets him apart from them all would be a misstep, and Conker deserves better.
More rules you're making up, user. Cut it out.
>He still gets drunk and pisses on people. He still commands a raptor to rip cavemen to shreds. He still crushes people's balls with bricks. Smash wouldn't be able to DO anything to show things like this.
Wrong, this was all to progress in the game. His normal life is nothing like you mentioned. It was called Bad Fur DAY for a reason, this was something he NEVER experienced. You played the game my ass.
>On the surface, Conker is just another cartoon character.
Now you gave yourself away nigga and you even contradicted yourself. Just stop.
>You're arguing with someone that thinks Conker is the one character Sakurai and his team wouldn't be able to do justice.
Just like a lot of other characters, right? If it's one thing Sakurai does not fuck around with, it's the portrayal of 3rd parties. I'd argue they get more priority than actual Nintendo characters.

Attached: .................png (161x124, 46K)

If you want a character specicifically for some abstract concept like “series representation” you are absolutely 100% one of the worst kind of rosterfags.

>Knew if Simon got in he'd just be a headswap of SotN Richter
>Sakurai gave him to us realizing that too

Between him and Incineroar, I came out pretty nice.

>Well, prepare for lame.
Exactly why I think him being toned down in Smash would be a disservice to the character. Guess I just like Conker more than you do, user.
>they're not exactly iconic lines.
GET AWAY FROM HER, YOU BITCH is absolutely iconic. If he really isn't vulgar like you claim, wouldn't that make the instances in which he swears MORE iconic to the character?
>Pocket Tales, dumbass.
Ah, so the only reason anybody played his medocre GB game was because of Diddy Kong racing, I see. Just like how the only reason people bought Banjo-Kazooie was because of Diddy Kong Racing. Wait, that's still a really dumb statement to make.
>Everyone is unique
Is that why half of the Fire Emblem cast play exactly the same?
>More rules you're making up, user. Cut it out.
I have made no attempt to make up any "rules". Nothing is keeping Conker out of Smash.
>Wrong, this was all to progress in the game
And? You're telling me he DOESN'T piss on people, command a raptor to rip cavemen to shreds, and crush people's balls with bricks? These are somehow rendered "not crass" because the plot demanded it to go forward? You're saying I'VE never played the game? Are you trolling and stupid, or just stupid?
>Now you gave yourself away nigga and you even contradicted yourself. Just stop.
Conker ISN'T a generic cartoon character on the surface? I'm starting to think you might be trolling me.
>Just like a lot of other characters, right?
Yes, exactly like the other characters like Sonic that have been shafted. I don't want that to happen to Conker. Again, I guess I just like the character more than you do.

Attached: I think his mate saw me.png (419x468, 219K)

you two need to fucking chill.

If you're gonna ping pong walls of text get a discord

Same happened with Heavy.
Although any TF2 would be fucking awesome.

Attached: legoformer1000.jpg (2014x2338, 418K)

Always happy with my Belmonts. Makes me wish for a new Castlevania.

Attached: 9d0.jpg (730x1095, 207K)

Guess we'll have to make our own!

Attached: mc.jpg (311x162, 5K)

>GET AWAY FROM HER, YOU BITCH is absolutely iconic. If he really isn't vulgar like you claim, wouldn't that make the instances in which he swears MORE iconic to the character?
That is actually out-of-character, as in the moment called for it, not something he does regularly, like a cool-headed character losing his cool to show a shift in tone.
>Ah, so the only reason anybody played his medocre GB game was because of Diddy Kong racing, I see.
Well, yeah. Plus Rare was on the map back then. I'd even wager Conker Pocket Tales sold on par with the original N64 game. BFD really didn't sell well. Highly regarded, but it flopped.
>Just like how the only reason people bought Banjo-Kazooie was because of Diddy Kong Racing. Wait, that's still a really dumb statement to make.
No, that is accurate. Rare was hyping up Banjo as early as 1997, the same year that DKR came out. This was their way of trying to introduce the character before he made his debut, as was Conker and it worked; Banjo went to be an iconic face of the Nintendo 64. Conker not so much for different reasons. Diddy Kong Racing was also critically acclaimed so it's not like it didn't give exposure where it was needed.
>Is that why half of the Fire Emblem cast play exactly the same?
Blame that on Sakurai. And way to focus on only four characters, and from the same series no less. Losing steam big guy.
>I have made no attempt to make up any "rules".
You're crying that Conker would be watered down when he's perfectly capable of transitioning into Smash without losing too much if anything at all. Remember that game that you said no one bought? Most of his basic animations come from it. The tail copter was a basic way for him to move around in a 3D setting.
>Nothing is keeping Conker out of Smash.
So you admit that you're talking out of your ass. No need to continue with this conversation. If he gets in, take him as he is or don't buy him, no one's forcing you to buy anything.

Attached: 1534266625602.gif (380x240, 822K)

>K. Rool is a bit shit but is still really expressive and fun to play
>Belmonts and everything they bring with them is a massive love letter to Castlevania and are fun to use as long as you actually use the whip and not just projectiles
>Banjo seemingly has a solid moveset and will bring some sweet Kirkhope
Considering the lower number of newcomers this game and the fact there isn't a single new character I don't like, I made out like a bandit with Ultimate. Even found a new secondary in Ridley.

Attached: 123456214612.jpg (360x360, 16K)

None of the FE characters play the same, even if they look similar.
playing Lucina like Marth, Roy like Chorm, Roy like Marth, etc will get your ass handed to you

This is me more or less.
>Ridley to debunk the 2big rule
>K. Rool being my most wanted
>Banjo-Kazooie overall
I'm satisfied enough even if I want more. I'm fine with whatever else comes even if I don't personally care for it.

He's really fun to play and his animations, songs, and new design are all fantastic. Could not be more pleased with how he turned out.

Attached: returnoftheking.jpg (941x1200, 108K)

>That is actually out-of-character, as in the moment called for it, not something he does regularly, like a cool-headed character losing his cool to show a shift in tone.
None of that proves me wrong, its still a super iconic moment in the game
>Well, yeah.
>No, that is accurate.
You're retarded
>Plus Rare was on the map back then
This is why people bought the games. People knew if a game had the Rare logo on the box, it was going to be quality. Conker and Banjo also had excellent marketing.
>I'd even wager Conker Pocket Tales sold on par with the original N64 game
No evidence for this at all
>And way to focus on only four characters
The point stands, not everyone in Smash is unique. You could put Corrin, Cloud, Joker, and Shulk next to each other and they would look like they were from the same game. If you put Smash Bros Diddy and a neutered Smash Bros Conker next to each other, you wouldn't be able to tell one is from an M Rated game. They would display the exact same character and personality, and that isn't the case.
>You're crying that Conker would be watered down when he's perfectly capable of transitioning into Smash without losing too much if anything at all
Smash Bros Conker would be no different from Pocket Tales Conker. Forgettable.
>So you admit that you're talking out of your ass
I never claimed that Conker couldn't get in Smash. Your reading comprehension needs work, hombre.
>If he gets in, take him as he is or don't buy him
I would absolutely buy Conker if he got in. I'd just be disappointed if he ends up being the boring, standard cartoon character I think he would be.
>No need to continue with this conversation
Agreed, be seeing you.

Attached: kenny.jpg (400x350, 45K)

I'm hoping they're the type of character that's never annoying to fight against

>Spammable projectile
>Super Armor Flare Blitz
Don't get your hopes up. Every For Glory shitter on Earth is going to be spamming Egg Shot and Wonder Wing.

Attached: 1564518533615.jpg (1522x1202, 115K)

>Key goes in a diagonal direction when it hits the hydrant water
>Gotten countless shitters with this

Attached: 2F508362-5FF4-48C7-881A-AD6DC221D2AB.jpg (1242x1239, 225K)

Not him, but seeing that bear from Diddy Kong Racing having his own game was hype as fuck and learning the turtle was also from DKR too. Also You're even more retarded if you can't tell Shulk from Cloud.

>Also You're even more retarded if you can't tell Shulk from Cloud.
Anime is anime is anime is anime
Not my fault Japan can only into two artstyles

Fuck Banjo, and fuck everyone who wanted Banjo. Ultimate is now complete dogshit because of you.

cope

Attached: 1561396567129.png (985x519, 936K)

>Uses Smash's visuals to push his point
>He didn't play Xenoblade or FFVII, the source material with distinctive styles each
Retardalert.gif

you know posts like this only make it better for us, right?

I played FFVII. Only for like 3 hours, though, it was boring as fuck.
Never played Xenoblade because I don't play weebshit, sorry.
Also way to miss my point, the point was that all the anime characters in Smash look exactly alike. Of course their actual games look different.

Attached: 1540693030837.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

>weebshit
>moving the goalposts

It wasn't that long of a wait but I loved the Inkling design and ended up loving Splatoon as well. I'm really glad it was successful enough to get in so quickly and I absolutely love how nice the Inkling's kit feels. Made her my new main from day one.

Attached: 218.png (350x530, 201K)

Not him but you’re retarded, Smash modified the visuals to fit the Smash art style. The characters don’t look the same because anime innately looks the same, they look the same because Smash aims to make the chars work in the artstyle.

Nobody moved a goalpost, learn what things mean before saying them. My point the whole time was that the animes in Smash look identical, I never said their games looked the same. see >You could put Corrin, Cloud, Joker, and Shulk next to each other and they would look like they were from the same game
Also Xenoblade is absolutely weebshit

You can still tell that characters like Snake and Little Mac are from different games, and they're both regular humans.

No.

Attached: Master_Chief2.jpg (1143x1600, 212K)

>Duck Hunt
>PAC MAN
>Villager
>bad
Sure smells like underaged.

AAAAAAALLVIIIN!

Yeah no shit Mac and Snake are from entirely different genres.

One of the reasons I don't play weebshit, you can only put the same character in a different colored wig and place zippers and belts in different locations so many times

looks like OP was a Rosterfaggot Smash Smellie

Attached: smashfags.jpg (1079x1017, 147K)

Had my bro since 64
Have fun with him every game
Wish people would fucking play Smash more instead of talking about whatever next character gets in the game.

Attached: Mario.jpg (400x400, 25K)

pretty based timeline honestly

Attached: but too many mascots.png (1509x996, 932K)

>Post gameplay discussion
>Nobody replies
>All rosterfaggotry goes on forever between people that don’t even play

Based

sorry, bro, I can't comment on gameplay with any real interest until my OTM (one true main) releases.
I could talk about how Olimar's dtilt is one of his best moves
I could talk about how Doc has the worst recovery in the game when everyone thinks its Little Mac
I could talk about how badly all the Miis need buffs
I could talk about how certain projectiles just vanish upon being reflected a certain amount of times
But I wouldn't really care, knowing that I'll never be playing any of them ever again after Banjo & Kazooie release

Attached: smash template.png (1945x1929, 2.56M)

>475352680
>so yposting

Attached: 1446010450363.png (306x243, 94K)

I was very happy with Meta Knight's inclusion, and I want Sakurai to uncuck him already. I still main him.

you don't want to live in a world where mii gunner is top 20
that sounds like fucking hell

fucking based
cope weeaboo, as long as smash is a game intended for all ages, he will NEVER get in as cool of a character as he is.

>I could talk about how Doc has the worst recovery in the game when everyone thinks its Little Mac
how so?

Let me pretend.

Attached: 1565090133738.png (1019x562, 814K)

haha

i like the smash 4 newcomers overall and i think a good chunk of them will age well because they represented modern nintendo and the future of nintendo as a whole

Not so fast my compadre

Attached: 20190824_185341.jpg (1280x705, 609K)

>His normal life is nothing like you mentioned. It was called Bad Fur DAY for a reason, this was something he NEVER experienced.
So you want him to have a moveset based on your assumptions about what his daily life is like, rather than things he's portrayed doing in his games? That's like asking for a Spiderman game where you don't shoot webs or fight crime, just take pictures and do Peter Parkers math homework.

I always felt bad for Ridley fans. From the second they showed what he looked like in game, I thought he looked like a mod (had to be this way due to his size in game) but then he isn't fun to play either. King K Rool on the other hand is perfect

You forgot to add Fox, Falco, Wolf, Lucario, Greninja, Incineroar, Yoshi, and King K. Rool to the top. Also, Bayonetta is an Umbra Witch, not a human. Counting the alternate skins of Hero as individual reps is cheating as well.

K. Rool is the least viable character in the game though. No one will ever win a tournament with that useless bara scaliebait.

Brawl had way better newcomers than smash 4

I wanted, K.Rool, Magaman, PacMan, Snake, a DQ rep, Inkling, and Mewtwo.
I'd say besides the fact that Starfy's still an assist, I'm on a roll.
K.Rool is perfect.
Megaman is perfect, for me.
Pacman could have been better, I just don't know how.
Snake could have had the tranq gun, but other then that he's great.
Hero is conflicting. I got a magic system just like I wanted, but I wish he was more consistent. The crit system gives me an erection, love that sound.
Inkling turned out pretty close to my moveset idea, overall cool.
I always liked Mewtwo's aesthetic, it gives me nostalgia for the first Pokemon movie.

How do the Simon and Richterbros feel about Castlevania in Smash and how it's treated?

Rock is an absolute delight to use. The only real improvements I can think of would be giving him his signature copy ability, but I understand Sakurai probably doesn't want to overlap with Kirby so just giving him a huge slice of his classic arsenal is a good alternative.

And I wish he had a taunt or win pose where he takes the helmet off but that's really it.

Attached: megas.jpg (1920x1080, 575K)

I feel that no one has to mention Mario.
He's my Favorite Video game character(period)
But I wouldn't mention him as my most wanted character, because he's always been there.

Attached: 1537385955033.png (524x668, 207K)

its perfectly valid to WANT Mario, he's an icon. and you're guaranteed to have him in every Smash game

Very happy overall. Great moveset, great stage, least bad boss battle, great character designs. I only have a few minor gripes.
>most of their alts aren't great, I'd rather have SotN Richter than Knockoff Ryu Richter
>a lot of the remixes are kinda shit, but at least there's a lot of them
>would be nice if they were more different, but there's no way Richter would be in otherwise
>it's really cool that Deaths Scythe i an item, but every item that's been added since Brawl is game ruining garbage anyway

Isn’t death scythe from KId Icarus?

I understand what you're saying, but I don't feel it.
I have a hard time longing for something I already have.
Give a mouse a cookie and shit.

Huh, I never really considered that or read the item description, but I think the item was revealed pretty soon after the Belmont trailer with Luigi getting Deathed. And if it was KI wouldn't it be called Hades Scythe?