Castlevania thread

>Never played DS Castlevanias
>Heard a lot of good stuff about pic related
>Start playing
>It's hard as fuck
Is it really that much harder then other post SotN games, or am I suddenly became a crab?
Also Castlevania thread

Attached: Castlevania_ Order of Ecclesia.png (600x800, 961K)

You just suck

Yeah, OoE is particularly punishing.

OoE is well known to be difficult
It's also best metroidvania
It has too many linear corridors true, but has great enemies and bosses, a good mix of out of castle and in castle, is absolutely gorgeous for a DS game and has a more unique plot

I'd say it's the hardest IGAvania but it also becomes easier to break as you progress.

It’s the only game where enemy weaknesses actually matter, it’s why you get to swap between three loadouts

It has the best level design out of the metroidvania because of its linearity. SotN is awful in this regard. Classicvanias are still superior.

the randomizer for the DS games is really nice, i recommend it

>Difficulty just right
CV1, CV3, OoE

>A bit easy but still fun
CV4, Rondo, CotM

>A little too easy
Every other Igavania

>Brainlet ”mash button to win” trash
SoTN, Super Metroid

Lords of Shadow was FUN

Attached: 1497456105174.jpg (340x406, 48K)

It is somewhat challenging, which is quite a change of pace from how easy most of the post-SotN entries are. On the highest difficulty settings, it's arguably more difficult than any of the classic games.

Mah nigga

Non-linear level design belong in the trash.

>hard as fuck
If you mean "mildly challenging" as opposed to all other Castlevanias, you'd be right.

>try playing classicvania
>most of the diffculty comes from the clunky controls

Attached: 1462301870253.jpg (647x594, 71K)

>haha look at me i am so hardcore xd pls gib Yea Forumscred
kys

>try playing Lvl 1 Hard mode
>only do 1 damage
>skeletons kill me in one hit or so
Jesus

Yeah I noticed it was a bit harder than the previous DS'vanias, was kinda refreshing. The whole game actually felt that way. Shame it was made on a shoestring budget otherwise they wouldn't have to reuse so many assets, but I think they did well with what they had regardless.
I also liked Shanoa as a character. From the few interactions we got in the game, she felt strong and serious yet still feminine. I think they really struck a good balance there for a female soldier/knight character.

It's difficult. Portrait and Dawn are easier.

>He never did a playthrough of Old Axe Armor mode on Level 1 hard

Why are you so angry friend ?

>linear levels
>all that backtracking

Yeah no it's trash.

I always felt her more like a Witch character, she doesn't stab people, she uses the stab spell.
>You literally have to memorize stages to win.
It's well made and I get it comes from a time where they considered not having to pay for coins to continuing easy mode and the GAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A CHALLENGE mindset. But I'll always be more into SNES difficulty than NES difficulty, shit was sadistic.

I would have tried it if the method of unlocking that mode wasn't so tedious and annoying.

>GO TO HELL
>DIE SHANOA
>dat Dracula walk

A his game has my favorite boss fights of any game ever

>LINEARITY BAD BECAUSE MUH METROID
Imagine being this much of a brainlet

Attached: 17AF7C8F-39F1-4D2F-91EF-6BFC66E6F059.jpg (701x438, 34K)

Stop trying to change direction midair wow that was so hard

True, she's a spell-caster, but she uses spells to summon swords, spears, scythes and axes to stab people more directly. I'd say a character like Charlotte is more of a witch archetype and Shanoa is more akin to some kind of a battle mage.
However by using the term knight, I didn't mean their RPG class, but rather the roll they have in the game's narrative, which boils down to fighting for a "righteous cause against evil face on".