What went so horribly wrong?

What went so horribly wrong?

Attached: 220px-Path_of_Exile_Logo.png (219x143, 40K)

ur face xd

camera too close
I get it "mah diablo" but let me zoom out abit you fucks

too greedy. just look at the mtx price and than look at your frame rate.

letting reddit design their game

Group play is awful. The game is simply too fast for it and the screen is filled with shitty effects all the time. I did some pure chayula rotations and it was fucking awful.

>1
AHJIHHAH

Tencent bought GGG

Feature bloat. There is an overwhelming amount of different league gimmicks all thrown together in the base game and different systems which clash with each other. Most of it might as well not exist because people just do whatever nets them the best loot.

tencent is based though

you didn't play ssf

Game has always been shit.

Attached: poe.png (681x199, 11K)

SHITTY BOSS MECHANICS
STORY NOW AS UNPLEASENT TO PLAY THROUGH AS DIABLO 3
STREAMER BONUS TO LOOT DROPS
UGLY SJW FEMALE CHARACTERS

>different systems which clash with each other.
Name them. Only one I can think of is Delve crafting making Essences worthless.

They keep building the game around trading but refuse to implement an in-game auction house.

They discovered that casual money is big money and that their big spenders don't play the game at all, so the entirety of their development goes into shiny things instead of improving the game.
They also openly give zero fucks about balance, which is a big deal when the game pretends you have a zillion options to pick from.

>I have too much content, I want a empty game like wow that respect my limitations by offering nothing but a a boss rush each season.

>They keep building the game around trading
No they dont, they keep buffing classes with new gems that make even melee less dependent on gear.

There's no point to large quantities of content if your players just skip most of it, user. Didn't most people just not play Betrayal league because the rewardw were worse?

camera zoom sucks dick and I had a build so overpowered nothing else came close to it so now it's boring

nothing. PoE is better than ever before.

Attached: 1547555333467.png (512x347, 33K)

Didn't Chris says he wanted PoE to be a game that people would play for decades?

How exactly can he accomplish that?

They only did this to appease the streamer who spent all day on hardcore/redditors who pay 6k for cosmetics. Learn basic economics.

What are you on about? Betrayal had amazing rewards when you set it up correctly. The problem was most people were fucking brainlets who clicked randomly because lol2hard4me

It's fine, it just runs into the intrinsic problems with the genre. Everything is about going faster and faster and there is a poor relationship between damage and defence but you can't exactly slow people down and increasing defence requirements just pushes people to increasingly meta and effective builds.

>ugly sjw female characters
did you not see the last couple of supporter pack MTXs? the last one had nice titty armor and now we got one with naked tits hanging out?

Synthesis League

Legion was god tier though

its the best ARPG out atm, so not much. the only major things I'd complain about are the trade, clunky combat and shitty art style

too much emphasis on the player power and now it is just a feedback loop shitfest for weak minded losers who get excited from being powerful and getting their numbers up paired with rng loot and rolls. Just like with many ARPGs I wish they were more difficult and tactical instead of what it has to come to.

Synthesis was a fantastic league you shitter

It was by far the worst and i've played most leagues.

I didn't play it much, because I had other games to play at the time, but synthesis was fucking ass when you just skip memories because they were 2 pathways shit to directions you didn't need, or when you finally bother to set them up and run them you misplace one movement skill and whoops into the black shit everything got ruined hope shit doesn't break when you port out because you can't carry half of the shit you find at once.

It was way too complicated for almost no payoff and half the time you got fucked by RNG with a fragment spawning right in front of your path, destroying hours of work

>high reward for high investment is BAD
>give me a league that demands nothing but farming a headhunter and start a counter waiting until the game breaks itself
yikes.

synthesis was pleb filter
betrayal was just pleb

I want to like it, but I can't. The classes/skill system isn't satisfying.

>The classes/skill system isn't satisfying.
What don't you like about it?

Devs started catering to the clear speed meta

My favourite part of PoE was the lore and the world so 3.0.0 was the end for me, slaying gods was exactly as stupid as it's sounds even if the fights themselves were better than your average. Plus they replaced all the masters with just awful characters to help push the shitty league feature bloat in standard.

I don't think they fucked up massively and they were well-meaning but the game isn't what it used to be and has lost a lot of it's identity.

It just feels bland, none of the skills are particlarly interesting. I would have prefered set classes like in Grim Dawn or even Diablo.

Chris gave up on his vision and started developing game for D3 refugees. Ascendancy was the first sign of decline.

The old master system was fucking cancer my dude

Retard
double retard

imaigne defending shit league just for being contrarian faggot

Game wasn't build around automatic trading.Ever. GGG should have banned poe.trade long ago, but the cat of of the bag now.

And yet it's still better than the system they replaced it with

They're improving the daily mission system in the next league

better than being forced to log in daily like a fucking job
fuck off to wow

Unironically it's Chris and the dev team just having less time to play their game. It comes up in almost every interview that they are playing super fucking casual these days just because they don't have time, or also in the case of Chris poe isn't what he wants it to be anymore. So what do they do to supplement their lack of experience with their game? They cave to reddit.

Grim Dawn is the best modern ARPG.

Tencent, shit leagues with mechanics taking months or leagues to fix, limited stash

The fact that it's a mindless clicker. It's hilarious how much unwarranted smugness people have for playing this mobile-tier casualfest.
>b-but I'm totally skilled because I know how to mindlessly grind slightly faster!

Based.

That applies to all videogames ever made user.

more like grim yawn
i really want to like grim dawn but its feels like such a fucking slog

this

Attached: 1559386683417.jpg (1240x1754, 384K)

No it does not. Sorry that your mobile-tier game degraded your brain this much.

What is the joke here? PoE is one of the best games ever made, at the very least one of the best ARPGs and by far the best free to play game ever too. One of the stupidest threads I have ever seen.

no character customization

>Our ARPG is all about the endgame content!
>Now spend 4-6 hours grinding the base campaign over and over again for each new character, all of which are periodically trashed

it's the most badly optimized game I've ever fucking played in my life, runs like total garbage compared to similar games

user if you feel smugness over any game in existence I can guarantee to you it's unwarranted. The whole point of videogames is to give you pride over negligible amount of actual achievement.

Blizzard.

speedclear focus, especially in legion
mtx all horribly expensive
dropped emphasis on creativity, all gems are more multipliers, a few """""archetypes"""" are pushed hard league after league,
tourism meta heavily rewarded while memebuilds are made more irrelevant by powercreep
sudden spikes of burst damage becoming the only way to kill characters due to them clearing screens at a time
bosses keep becoming irrelevant after a few days due to their rewards not being worth shit

>What went so horribly wrong?
They released it on consoles and started to dumb down the game for controllers
Introduced of any new mechanics to the game has to be able to work with them or they scrap it during the design phase.
So they really like new skills that are one button which does everything for you(clear, boss damage) etc
>scorching ray
>brands
>winter orb
>conc path
This is only going to get worse as time goes on.

>skills from gems
>character tree with 1000 nodes that are 99% shit like +5hp

hows diablo 3 doing nowadays

>Life nodes
>Bad.
Look at this pleb and laugh. The game is called Path of Lifenodes for a reason.

Last season was pretty fun, but the seasonal buff this time looks annoying to use so I'm skipping it.

mod deleted this post/picture earlier lol...
why?

Attached: 1559386683417.jpg (1240x1754, 384K)

They've actually added new sets, legendaries and a gem this season. Something they haven't done in 2 years or so.

poe players will defend this

over and over again? you do it once every 3months and it only takes 5hours.
you spend 50x amount that time in maps, its literally nothing.

I swear if ggg would listen to even half of the shit people are posting here the game would be even in a worse state. heck most of you faggots even play in sc, your opinions dont fucking matter and you have literally no clue about balancing a game or arpgs in general.

not saying poe as it is, is perfect but its atleast the best the genre has ever offered.

>hc faggot
That explains a lot.

whats the point of playing sc at all?
you can ignore 99% of the game mechanics because dying has no consequences, you lose 10% xp and keep going. whats the point of playing arpgs if you dont even bother learning them.

Most well adjusted people deal with plenty of "consequences" in real life and don't need that baggage in their fucking video games. HC players are people with literally nothing else going for them.

and whats the point of playing hc? only way you die is if you be careless or get unlucky. if you want to prove something stop playing a fucking skinner box.

>company literally named Grinding Gears Games
>but it features grinding!
No way.

I wouldnt even have bothered to reply if I were you. you sound like a pathetic cuck.
forcing you to actually learn the game/mechanics and pay attention to what you do. not everyone likes to play mindlessly like a zombie. no consequences = no fun. its like playing with godmode on, whats the point of playing if I "win" anyway no matter what retarded shit you do.

Attached: DTrF560W4AAUPYG.jpg (575x556, 39K)

It's basically all down to listening to the retard players instead of having some kind of vision and sticking to it.

So much bloat.

I mean, it started with a lot which was good at the time because "more complex Diablo II" is a good thing. But, over time it has just become insane. I get tired just thinking about making a new character and all the shit you need to do.

>frogshit
Dismissed.

>Three month rotatory meta shit
>Skill tree full of shit
>Bloated list of uniques
>MUH ART
>MUH WATER
>RMT
>Economy driven by chinks and bots
>10 acts full of shit
>Endgame gated behind map drops
>Bloated mechanics from other leagues
>Nerfed league mechanics
>R-TYPE game
>MTX effects bloating the towns
>Effects bloating the ground so you can't see shit
>lag spikes
>Inexplicable one-hit deaths
>No damage log
>Toxic community

And surely I forgot more in the inkwell.

Playing HC in PoE is the stupidest thing you can possibly do. When you can facetank uber elder, but a random lvl80 Legion elite one-shots you from off-screen, your game is broken.
Learn game/mechanics my fucking ass.

>whats the point of playing if I "win" anyway no matter what retarded shit you do.
because losing experience on death means it's still easy to get locked in a situation where you have no way to advance, without risking losing your entire playthrough on GGG's shitty programming and servers

yeah took me a few years but i took the softcore pill 2 leagues ago
just don't have enough patience anymore

>you have no way to advance
you literally only lose 10%, you can just keep on going. 10% on lvl99 is like losing 5-6hours of regular mapping. what the fuck do you even mean. 10% means shit, heck even 30% would mean shit.

>losing 5-6 hours of progress isn't a big deal

it isnt especially compared to losing your entire character.

>No damage log
I hate this. Sometimes my character just explodes when there's nothing even on the screen and I have no idea what it was or how to avoid it in the future.

>tower defence in next league
No thanks, that sound tedious as fuck.

Attached: 1449814717598.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

5-6 hours of progress is 2 days, you'd know if you had a life.

you are like the other faggot or probably the same. posting on 4chin on a saturday in a vidya related thread and acting like you have such a busy real life.

I took the softcorepill in Delve and all it's done is make it that I don't enjoy either mode anymore.

You can't

GGG needs somenthing to slowhog the leveling to 100.

So in the mean time buy more MTX to shuffle that seed!

Not making Synthesis core was the last straw for me. All because shitters found it difficult to use 6 year old puzzle logic

Attached: 1561653085091.jpg (768x768, 62K)

I agree with you that synth was a fine addition as a league, but only after they fixed it after the first two weeks. They are releasing leagues too early with bestiary, delve, and synth needing changes a week into the league.

dude stash tabs are not pay to win reddit told me so

Attached: GET_YE.jpg (147x388, 9K)

>the ALT-F4 anti-PoE shill is STILL posting after all these years

I'd tell you to kill yourself, but you're clearly dead inside already.

I'm more surprised that they have time to vomit content every three months while they fix shit.

At this point can say working there must be a hell and I doubt if any of the devs there gone nuclear at random moments or they get burned enough to have severe depression.

tru

>Next League
>YO DAWG HEARD YOU LIKE KILLING SHIT FAST SO HERE'S TOWER DEFENSE SO YOU CAN KILL SHIT SLOW AND
Woah woah woah I knew you guys were right when you said the next league's going to be shit but COME THE FUCK ON, TOWER DEFENSE?
Also did these niggas really buff minesabo? Fuck me that's gonna be fun for a minute.

two things really
they started designing around softcore for the d3 audience instead of hardcore
my toaster can't run it anymore despite the game looking as shit as ever, the optimization gets worse ever single patch

Winnie the Poo

It got too popular so I don't like it anymore

>Didn't most people just not play Betrayal league because the rewardw were worse?

Attached: giphy.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

Isn't it fun when performance of the same game gets wors over time because devs patch in more and more particle effects?

>the optimization gets worse ever single patch
The changes to burning and chilling ground have improved the performance a lot. Overall the game performance is much better compared to 1-2 years ago, especially in group play.

does Betrayal mobs spawning still freeze the game? I quit in Legion because 2 leagues later they still haven't bothered to fix that shit

It does.

It does for older CPUs, yes. It's not as bad as it used be but it's still very noticeable.

All you need is a SSD.

Up until recently I had an i5 2500k and an intervention spawn usually froze my game for 1-2 seconds. That's with the game being installed on a SSD.

It was the most played league of all time.

My PC that can run Sekiro on med/high settings can't run PoE

I bet you never leveled past 70

What's the appeal of this genre? Carpal tunnel syndrome?

PoE has so many fucking flaws, I've played it for years and I keep up on how it still gets worse.

Looting and going fast. The game is basically an infinite slot machine where every kill is rolling the machine, so if you go super fast and roll 1000 machines a minute it becomes "fun" despite the loot being shit.

There's actually so much wrong with PoE I've practically written whole essays on it by now.

For me personally - too much shit to do. Dunno, whenever I remember that you must do that fucking labyrinth... Awakening was perfect imho, just enough content. It was like upgraded D2.

>click once
>entire screen dies
Interactive gameplay!

It's a mobile game with 2 buttons: movement skill and a screen clearing damage skill. And spreadsheet market simulator in your browser tabs.

Story sucks and is a slog to play through every League.

neck yourself

Attached: lol.jpg (801x630, 127K)

No AAA polish

>Get items
>Optimize characters
>Listen to background noise because core game is simple
It's an easy genre to plug a couple hours into when I don't want to focus super hard on what's going on.

>asking others their opinion of a game
>sharing your opinion on a game
>coming to this faggot ass board to spread your horseshit opinions.
Kill yourself

you're mad that people are discussing video games on the video games board? Usually i see people complaining about the opposite.

to be honest here, not many people on Yea Forums and specially on Yea Forums are discussing video game related stuff. I would even say most people here dont even play games or atleast dont play anymore. Its all about posting funny memes/pepes/wojaks/baiting.

>its easy 0 brain genre
meanwhile
>omg dude its so deep
which one is the right answer?

0 brain genre = sc
deep = hc if you actually try to get your character going + high level.

IMO the only real gripe I have with poe is how it wastes my cpu's effort dumping unending masses of garbage loot in every map.