Warcraft 3 - Is it active?

With all the gaming nostalgia going on recently, I tried footman rushing some fags, only to discover that my beloved wc3 won't connect after all these years.

Any of you bros know if battle.net still supports warcraft 3?
Is it still playable online?

I can play offline just fine tho, which is a nice cope

Attached: 300px-WC3tFT-logo.png (300x170, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blizzard.com/en-us/
eu.battle.net/support/en/article/34768
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You need to update it to their new bullshit client which fucks up numerous things which worked fine with the original client.

Did they actually take it down after all these years? I still remember playing one or two years ago. Anyway, are any of you fags going to buy WC3: Reforged?

Attached: i1561408468069840.jpg (1590x690, 263K)

None of you zoomers interested in WC3 anymore?

Attached: nelf.png (388x400, 251K)

What you mean their new client? Can you share a link?
>inb4 gtfo newfag

Whenever I click on battle.net I get an update to download, press the "Restart" button, but then when I try battle.net again it re-downloads and nothing happens.

fuck ye

Yes. Warcraft 3 is very much alive.

If you're not aware, blizzard is making Warcraft 3 reforged which comes out in a few months, and they've added WC3 to their blizzard launcher, which has caused thousands of players to come back to the game. Its also quite popular on twitch, with streamers like Grubby playing daily with 5k+ viewers.

Dude don't tell me these things you've made my excitiment triple holy shit i want my TK account back.
Enlighten me user, what shitty client files to i need to download? Any link would be useful

Pic related.

You can actually scroll down and see a ton of lobbies. Most of them are filled up quickly.

Attached: custom lobbies.jpg (1920x1080, 330K)

and yet i cant connet to blissfully waste my life away.
Even lightshot won't work in wc3, so i cant take screenshot to share

Attached: nice.jpg (820x627, 142K)

Where are you downloading the game from?

If you still have a key, you can download the Warcraft 3 client from the blizzard website.

It's more alive than SC2 lmao

I have the Key. I have in a CD back from 2006.
Can you share the link user?

have it in**

>the excitement

The CD might be a bit outdated for online play, as they recently did a big update to Warcraft 3, which added 1080p, etc.

If you want the latest client, then go to blizzard.com/en-us/ and make an account. Type in your cd key and download the client, then you should be good to go.

>fucked with balanced and made melees a toilet bowl of nerfs like WoW
>fucked with neutral entity properties breaking hundreds of customs
>fucked with the map editor, breaking hundreds of maps in progress and flushing literal decades of work down the toilet, external mapmaking tools, long abandoned, eternally unsuable
>fucked with the netcode, now there's a totally unpredictable chance that anyone will instantly D/C at any random point
>fucked with maps to remove their quirks, so that old tricks don't work anymore, and shuffled creep placement and the terrain which ruined carefully constructed creeping routes
>killed all hosting bots, which both destroyed maps that relied on an invisible host and cut the community in half as people had to use their own community networks to use bots
>fucked with the single player cutscenes, if you play for too long it skips over all character dialogue
>FPS can drop to a crawl if you play for too long
>peak numbers used to be around 10,000 before the 16:9 32 player patch, now it's in the low thousands
>removed Reign of Chaos from Battlenet, you can't play RoC online anymore

>reforged is going to save everything by making it look like an unreal engine phone game and retconning the campaign to fit nu-WoW lore better

nah

I used to play on private server but blizz took them down and can't play anymore :(

>killed all hosting bots
This is a good thing, because now the lobbies are actually hosted by real players. I absolutely hated the old bot lobby system from a few years ago.
>peak numbers used to be around 10,000 before the 16:9 32 player patch
Where are you getting this number from? The game had been dead for a decade before this patch hit. Its now alive as it was back in the early years. People are constantly making new maps and updating the regular ones.

I've been watching them on the righthand panel when you initially log in. I finally gave up and stopped playing at 1.31 because it introduced mouse lag and it corrupted all of my saves. If they magically fixed everything after the 1.31 release and got people to play again then I missed it.

thanks but i Still can't find the goddamn thing. I ve browsed the entire site.
Fuck. Help

Well, before the patch you were lucky if you could fill up a single lobby. It was just empty bot lobbies every time you logged in.

Now we have 30+ lobbies with real people, and every time you hit refresh you see new ones popping up, or lobbies getting maxed out. Its doing pretty well, and will do even better when Reforged comes out.

you login to your bnet acc from the site topright and then there is like an add a game key button or something in your profile

Not only are you a lying retard, but you have no concept of things being relative to one another. Goodbye.

Have you made an account yet? Click on download clients at the bottom.

Attached: i.jpg (395x589, 37K)

You're the one who claimed that 10k people were playing the game before the patch, which is a complete lie, even if you include all the different private servers the players were scattered across.

I actually tried to play Warcraft 3 on battle.net quite often before the patch, and i know what i'm talking about. It was dead, and you would only see the same bot lobbies every time.

it is very active
come play twrpg and finish your twilights eve char before the 2nd version with the boys

the classics are always hosted with some new meme maps and we also have our own auto chess

based.
trying this rn

MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (717x448, 59K)

eu.battle.net/support/en/article/34768

based attempt but still cant fix it