FFXIV upsetting WoW players

Why does FFXIV have such a large, active community when mmo's in general seem to have died off when online multiplayer became less of an exclusive novelty? and why does it seem to get WoW players really upset and talking about "traitors"?

It seems like you used to get this sort of thing from WoW players as well:
youtube.com/watch?v=Isqt8fjrVKo

But now they are all just bitter and temperamental and many seem to think FFXIV is the cause of Wacrafts woes which doesn't make sense. So whats the cause of the upset?

Attached: bannerblogV2.png (1170x547, 1.85M)

Fuck off with your camps. Yea Forums is the most childish fucking place.

>getting this upset at words on a malaysian pottery chat interface.
how many "we are going home bros" threads have you made so far?

I don't think about FFXIV at all. Though its playerbase has a pretty large contingent of trannies and other crazies, what's up with that?

What server is /pol/ server on new wow. ???

All of them bro, we are going home.

If you want a real reason as to ff14's success, look to japan. It's moderately successful outside, but it's a very successful game in a lot of east asia. Korea and japan have huge ff14 playerbases. Korea never really took to wow like other blizz games, and ff14 is usually like .09-.17% pc방 user rate but still, that's pretty impressive versus western numbers which have a really really high ebb and flow.

You tell em sweetie.

Attached: lead wow devs dye hair for trans inclusivity month.jpg (1191x1409, 279K)

>Why does FFXIV have such a large, active community

Attached: gender_dysphoria_graph.jpg (639x396, 32K)

Does anyone want to tell xim?

Attached: modern blizzard logo.jpg (578x434, 64K)

DELETE THIS WE ARE GOING HOME!

Attached: hqdefault (6).jpg (480x360, 26K)

wowbabbies only have one response as they look at ff and seethe, and it is to call it a tranny or anime game, both of which have nothing to do with the actual game since they can't criticize it

boomers are sad

Attached: 1518062108152.jpg (978x1038, 87K)

The story and characters are better than wow in every way. The only thing wow ever had over their competition was robust faction pvp. But they made sure to ruin that for themselves.

WE PUT 15 YEARS OF OUR LIVES INTO AZEROTH AND YOU FUCKING WEEB CUNTS DARE TO TURN YOUR BACKS ON US???? US???? THE GODS OF GAMING???
WE WERE RAIDING MOLTEN CORE WHEN YOU WERE IN DAIPERS YOU CATGIRL LOVING HOMO AND WHEN WE GO HOME NEXT WEEK PREPARE TO SEE 20+ MILLION SUBS IN A WEEK AND YOUR SHITTY GAME WILL SHUT DOWN IN SHAME

THE BIG DOGZ ARE BACK ASSHOLES AND WE ARE COMING FOR YOU

>Playing for story and not fame and glory in pvp.
Get out of our games you fucking chads this is our genre!

considering this they really hit the wall with cataclysm and the classic server is coming way too late

nobody will care grandpa

FUCK YOU ITS GOING TO BE LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS AGAIN WHEN PEOPLE ACTUALLY CHEERED IN STORMWIND AT YOUR NAXX GEAR AND SAVING GIRLS FROM GANKERS GOT YOU MAD RESPECT. SOMETHING FINAL FAGTASY PLAYERS DONT UNDERSTAND AND NEVER POSSIBLY COULD.

G*D BLESS BLIZZARD AND ALL THEIR GAMES

You tell 'em, kid.

Attached: 1379694885198.jpg (500x362, 141K)

DID YOU SOLVE THE MYSTERY OF STALVAN MISTMANTLE? NO

DID YOU EXPLORE THE BREATHTAKING MYSTERIES OF SILITHUS? NO

DID YOU FORGE UNBREAKABLE BONDS WITH GUILDIES WHO ARE FINALLY COMING BACK????

NO. YOU HAVE NOTHING ZOOMER. WE WERE KINGS.

Attached: i feel witchcraft upon me.jpg (1000x562, 101K)

Dude, I've played the closed beta.
Fuck off.

Attached: 1429476179051.gif (500x293, 68K)

>coming crawling back after all blizzard have done for you
fairweather fans who didnt stand by them are the lowest of all in elunes eyes.

What?

>So whats the cause of the upset?
Thinly veiled shit-flinging thread. If you actually have to ask this question you have brain damage.
WoW has been shit for over a decade, it's gotten so bad they've literally had to start over.
FFXV has gotten it's shit together and if you were to compare the two most recent expansions of each game FFXV is objectively the better game. As a result WoW is losing some players to it, and the die-hard WoW fans are being piss babies about it.
It's as simple as that.

Attached: 1b5.png (668x681, 364K)

WE

Attached: 421566_110052819134743_1827862103_n.jpg (501x373, 42K)

>FFXV is objectively the better game.
>FFXV

Attached: 2017-11-22_1416.png (799x753, 657K)

Nigger, do you even play WoW?
You're not the one to talk about trannies

>FFXV is objectively the better game
What? FFXV suck dick, it's another mediocre mainline.
The mainline is garbage now.

>WE PUT 15 YEARS OF OUR LIVES INTO AZEROTH

Kek, this is the problem. These cucks got too invested in a video game and now their entire lives revolve around it. Seeing WoW fail is reminding them that all of those thousands of hours they invested in it were a complete waste.

>reminding them that all of those thousands of hours they invested in it were a complete waste.

Playing any video game is a waste of time.

Attached: 1380598677941.png (706x674, 65K)

>WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WAS ALL WORTH NOTHING?
I think its also why some people who are still drones on the teat are buttmad about classic, like it somehow invalidates retail and by extension their wise money and time spending choices so they see it as some warped personal attack.

Low testo races such as lalafells

One day the WoW servers will die and you will blink your by then tired old eyes as you realise that was nothing but a effervescent bubble popping, sucking all the time and experience away with it and you are left with nothing but a fast open, endless terrifying expanse of reality you are not prepared for anymore.

Yes, but WoW is more dangerous since it also acts as a fake social life.

Classic would have a bigger fatigue problem than the x.0-x.1 updates XIV has. Everyone would just try the game for about a month and unless Blizzard pulls an OSRS and adds in exclusive content to Classic, then only neets will play the game. Even funnier if the Vanilla>TBC>WotLK rumor comes true, everyone will beg for another Vanilla server.

Attached: 1467502851935.png (341x358, 168K)

>doesn't know its canon that potatos are actually extremely virile and sexually dominant compared to the males of the other races.

Pathetic.

Attached: smug potato.jpg (1200x675, 141K)

XIV, whatever.
MMOs are for faggots.

Attached: 1b3.jpg (2400x1350, 252K)

>MMOs are for faggots.
Correct

Attached: 1400814398438.jpg (478x685, 114K)

ELDER GOD TIER
>Monster Hunter and all its clones
>Turn based strategy rpgs
>Rhythm games
GOD TIER
>Tacticool squad based shooters
>rts
>Monster Raising sim rpgs
>puzzle games
>stealth games
CHAD TIER
>Sci-fi shooters
>mmorpgs
>Fightan geemu
>comfy lifesims
>survival horror
FAG TIER
>jrpgs
>Military shooters
MAINSTREAM PLEB TIER
>platformers
>western rpgs
>sport games
>racing games
UNSPEAKABLY CASUAL TIER
>mobile games and gacha

Attached: 1471921772355.png (726x542, 341K)

I played ffxi before you were playing wow on diapers

sir are you coming on to me?

>platformers
>mainstream pleb tier
Bruh

I mean, the games aren't very comparable but it's still true.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

>UNSPEAKABLY CASUAL TIER
>mobile games and gacha
Final Fantasy Record Keeper is cool tho

wow is shit m8 and always was. Its a casual skinner box for people to socially retarded for D&D who listened to shit like Dragonforce and spent 90%+ of the time in the 2000's only playing WoW and think they are some wise sage about the entire medium. It was a holding pen for plebs with cartoon graphics, braindead writing and ruined the genre forever.

And yet, even though they aren't comparable at all, FFXV is still the worse game

it ripped off the skyrim theme better than blizzard ripped off warhammer.

>mmos are dead
>ffxiv is still going strong

Somethin' don't seem right here. I'm thinking it's the trannies and furries from Second Life just found a new place to larp.

Attached: 1470061755443.jpg (2048x1536, 335K)

if you're a weeb its pretty much ff14 or nothing because wow only appeals to normies. square also went out of their way to make sure we don't get the dragon quest mmo and sega only now is letting us get pso2.

i'm kinda glad the mmo fad is done

We sure did hun :3c

Attached: tumblr_pe9bs7ZMnF1tqkrgao1_1280.png (1280x1177, 1.72M)

>Fem Draenai
>Worgen
>Tauren
>Pandaren
>Every fucking elf
>Not good for larping
You are in a tranny/furry game you dumb motherfucker.

Attached: file_56.png (1120x800, 699K)

>wow only appeals to normies
No it doesn't. WoW appeals to WoW addicts. It's not relevant enough and far too complicated to ever appeal to normies. What kind of normie plays WoW?
The people who originally liked the game don't anymore and only a small subset of that player base is left and they just keep playing because of how much time they've sunk into their character. That's it. WoW has zero genuine appeal anymore.
Not counting Classic, which is appealing to many people for many different reasons.
XIV appeals to FF fans, JRPG fans and themepark MMO fans.

>Well actually the Chosen One agrees with MY opinion about this video game, not YOURS.
Damn, that's one convenient god.

>14 players upsetting WoW players
So you mean former WoW players upsetting WoW players? 65% of the people I know from 14 are WoWfugess that have been there since HW onwards.

Wish XIV had an equivalent to Outlaw Rogue or Shadow Priest.

I don't even play whatever game you're talking about, seething autist.

2.5 sec gcd
Hahaha

It can be reduced with speed stats.

It is still too long

It's just fear. FFXIV tipped over one million active just before the expansion at the same time BFA has been steadily trending downwards (that api leak said 1.5million active in WoW nine months ago, but that's not really a source so should be treated with caution).

Before Blizzard never really had to do much as their competitors would self implode within six months/a year, they'd just copy some features and maybe release a content patch around the same time they released. So many years of dominance naturally bred complacency. Hell FFXIV 1.0 was one of the worst MMOs ever made and follows the example perfectly.

Along comes FFXIV 2.0 and not only does it not self-immolate but stuck around and consistently trended upwards numbers wise for five years. On top of that FFXIV has a base WoW cannot and never will reach; Japanese console players. The vast majority of Japanese players play on the PS4 and they number in the 300k-400k range. At the same time the quality of WoW significantly declined, Warlords of Draenor, widely considered to be the worst expansion, was on it's second major patch when Heavensward came out. People thought they turned it around with Legion then they shit out a widely disliked expansion in that of BFA that seems to be competing with WoD for title of worst expansion, just as FFXIV was gearing up to release it's third expansion in Shadowbringers, a very well-received expansion by comparison.

In the face of an actual competitor appearing it's clear Blizzard have no idea what to do, they tried releasing 8.2 unfinished a week before Shadowbringers and it did nothing. The fact people now speak of the two games in the same breath when once FFXIV was entirely in WoW's shadow is clearly ruffling some people's feathers.

The great unknown factor here will be WoW Classic, it'll be interesting to see how that turns out in the long term. I'll personally be playing both so it's neither here nor there to me.

Attached: C8F0_FcVAAMpP1d.jpg (1113x783, 284K)

He works on HS.

>So whats the cause of the upset?
The jew fears the Samurai.

Attached: 1551890676490.png (680x1165, 627K)

I’m interested to see what they will do with Classic in terms of keeping it relevant. How much can they add to and change it before it’s no longer classic wow?
How long until the current status quo by the current Blizzard employees ruins the game? How much is just nostalgia pandering and people not realizing it wasn’t all gold?
It will be an interesting experiment.

I for one have no faith in current Blizzard.

They sunk thousands of horus into WoW, Probably made some of the best friends of their life there and in general WoW played a huge role in their life
XIV is not just threatening it, Its beating it.
WoW was always known as The MMO, It's a household name being the biggest MMO was its identity and its since lost that
I would guess it's hard to hold a grudge against FFXIV
I think they see it as an attack against them
Really though, They should realise playing WoW isn't a personality trait, It doesn't matter if it's the 2nd biggest or even 10th so long as YOU enjoy it.

Why are people still getting excited for Blizzard products in general? Almost all the original devs from their brands are gone and they're consistently letting everybody down year after year in every game. This pretty much goes for all the big corporations too. So why do they anons still hope for the best? Is there a way to reach out and save them or ia it too late?

Attached: 1550072623558.png (950x596, 178K)

>Why does FFXIV have such a large, active community
Because only weebs, furries, and LGBT+ play FF14, and they all stick together.

Get a real life fat gf, you fur fag cartoon wanking incel

The only way you can get any attention for your shitty game is try to cause controversy between a game that actually matters, wow.

Nobody cares about your game so you have to imagine some turf war, that doesn't exist.

Attached: wow ffxiv.jpg (500x507, 58K)

WoW classic is going to be a trainwreck and not hold up to nostalgia past the first couple of weeks or maybe months at best. There's 0 content to go from there, the world and the dynamics on the internet have evolved. People don't have the time nor patience nor interest in playing a game like WoW classic. It just doesn't work. Once the hype factor disappears, the game will be more than dead.
The fact that Blizzard is trying so hard with WoW classic already tells you they've reached the end.

Meanwhile you got FFXIV with arguably one of the best expansions and storytelling in any MMOs, up to be a true FF mainline entry lore and narrative-wise. They really can't compete.

reminder:
>dark knight = Blood DK
>paladin = Prot Pally
>gunbreaker = Feral Druid
>warrior = Bear Druid
>white mage = Holy priest
>scholar = Disc Priest
>astrologian = Resto Druid
>bard = old Survival Hunter
>dancer = Ranged Ret Pally
>machinist = Marksman Hunter
>black mage = Balance Druid
>summoner = Affliction Warlock
>red mage = Enhancement Shaman
>monk = Frost DK
>dragoon = new Survival Hunter
>ninja = Assassination Rogue
>samurai = Outlaw Rogue

that should be the other way around desu

if ff14 had a combat system that would not be extremly boring it would have a much higher playerbase.
i liked comfy graphics and the world but combat is the worst of all mmorpgs combined.

Attached: Rikku.full.2207.jpg (1261x1600, 598K)

i mean how is it beating it? it just managed to break 1 mio subs which is great, but even the starwars mmo had 5 mio subs once

i mean look at this thread

>Blood elves were made specifically for china
>Worgen and Pandaren were made for furries
>The current BfA arc includes married lesbian goblins with tranny haircuts

Look in the mirror blizzdrone.

You NEED to stop talking about subs. WoW has quality not quantity!

they wasted much potential with the horrible combat.

Combat in FFXIV is great for a hotkey-based MMO. The problem is that it doesn't become interesting until level 60+ for most classes so a lot of people never get to experience its full potential.

all of wows problems were caused by blizzard themself,the large amount of people saying their going to play classic after blizzard shat on them last year means wow will hardly ever get better

not even moron,fags,trannies and crazy people have been in mmo's for years they're just able be a lot more open because anyone who disagrees with them gets hit with a ban fast

Its also not helped by the first impression. People see a hotbar and think its another WoW clone where you b-line to endame to run 3 or less dungeons and lfr on repeat forever to chase better and better ilvl for a greater sense of self worth.

Meaniwhile the actual name is 'final fantasy 14 online'. Its a mainline entry in a jrpg series that happens to have online multiplayer. Those two things are very different but it has a hotbar right so it must be another Rift or Aoin or whatever dead game made after 2007 you can choose.

its still the biggest mmo on the market

Look at this thread, and look at the Emet selch thread up right now. The discussion and tone are radically different. Talking about wow now feels like talking about a sinking ship, where as ff14 only seems to ascend higher and higher.

>i mean how is it beating it?
By having more subs
Don't be that guy user, Both games are doing great one having more subs than the other isn't a sign that the other game sucks.

i really wish rhythm games were still a thing, SE wont even port allstar carnival to any console

Because people don't actually play XIV, they use it an an ERP platform, and it's really fucking annoying.
I tried to get into the game but finding someone to actually play with was impossible.

>People see a hotbar and think its another WoW clone where you b-line to endame to run 3 or less dungeons and lfr on repeat forever to chase better and better ilvl for a greater sense of self worth.
So what do you do in ff14

Not just this but Shadowbringers came out over a month ago now. WoW biggest thing, Classic, hits in 3 days and I've spoken to people who's response was
>Oh yeah, When's that coming out?

>He fell for the blamung/moogle meme

That would be all fine and dandy if 90% of the quests weren't standard MMO fare.
It's actually upsetting considering the work that was done on XI.

i played to high level and it still was the same boring crap.
too bad because as i said i like the comfy world.
this combat system if for lifeless bots.

do you really think that /v is a representation of popularity? There are also tons of threads talking about anime games nobody gives a shit about

i didnt say that any game is shit. i was just talking about how ffxiv is beating wow

I don't think I was on either server.
I played the game a bit just before and after ARR then came back for Stormblood and the difference in the communities of then and now is huge.
First the leveling and non endgame PVE is bloated as fuck, they removed all challenge from the dungeons, where you needed to pay at least a bit of attention in the early ones back in the days now you can just rush rush rush barely needing a heal or tank, so no one communicates anymore, there is no one in the outside world because actually doing non story quests is a waste of time, etc...
Really sad.
This game went from TBC to BFA tier at triple the speed.

Maybe you played a job that was not for you, I'm sorry to hear that. I have several level 80 jobs and there's some I like more and some that I like less, some I absolutely find boring and soul crushing so I get that. Can't be helped.

Oh shit someone with an actually informed sense of whats happening.

Whatever you want and thats a big distinction. Want to level a chef and open a cafe/item shop? go nuts people do. Want to autistically get into breeding and racing chocobos? go nuts people do. Want to collect every Triple Triad card and win the monthly tourneys? go nuts people do.

Throw in shit like lords of verminion aka autochess before it was a meme, majhong which is just fucking mahjong, monster hunts, raiding, pvp, housing autism, market autism, getting all 25ish jobs to cap and BiS or whatever you just do what you want. Since everything stays relevant -for example all the recipes in the new expansion use items from as far back as a realm reborn starting zones in their ingredients- you dont compartmentalise the whole virtual world down to a tiny section thats relevant and the rest is outdated. Everything rewards something else and theres too many sub systems and side content to do it all in a day without literally no lifing.

But thats the thing. It isnt all made to be the one thing to do so isnt made bland to appeal to everyone. How many people are mahjong autists? who knows but probably not even a quarter of the audience. But its there for them to obsess over. Thats WoW's failing and has been for a long time. Rep grinds are really all the game comes down to nowadays outside of chasing gear for gears sake. That fact that it just goes "aaaand this expansions done so now lets never come here, mention this or in any way use this ghost town ever again". When i saw them send you back to the sunwell in wrath i was shocked.

if shadowbringers is so popular, why do they only have one million subscribers

If WoW is so popular why does it have less than one million?

even swtor was a bigger competitor than ffxiv

source: dude trust me

i hope you're not implying have 1 million people playing a game is something bad

SWTOR has an amazing story mode for an mmorpg back then along with a huge name on it.

Was pretty fun to play once it went ftp despite is many many issues

im implying that 1 million is less than you would expect from such a popular game

Even people who still play Wow will tell you BFA is shit, I'm pretty sure most WOW players would actually be glad for XIV to do well because then maybe blizz would move their arse.

>The first great pozzening of bioware
>Great story
Name one of those class stories that wasn't generic or the height of cringe. Just a single one.

for a mmo thats still pretty good thats one million people playing consistently month after month a lot of triple A games will sell more than that of course but people tend to quit playing them relatively fast after release

>Oldschool Runescape is going to be a trainwreck and not hold up to nostalgia past the first couple of weeks or maybe months at best. There's 0 content to go from there, the world and the dynamics on the internet have evolved. People don't have the time nor patience nor interest in playing a game like Oldschool Runescape. It just doesn't work. Once the hype factor disappears, the game will be more than dead.

Attached: 1484702824068.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Oh jeez dude my feeling are honestly comparable to but reversed
Go look up WoW financial meets and shit it you want sauce, I'm not going to go digging through webpages to find some random quote that you're just going to invalidate anyway.
If it helps, You're totally right, WoW is still the king of MMO's and it has far more subs than XIV.

I've actually got friends that said they wish xiv clicked with them just so they could get away from WoW
I've never played it myself but I'm really tempted to give Classic a shot
Some of jobs seem fun!
I'm just upset I can't be a Night Elf Shaman ;_;

You tell em bruv its gonna be untold, just like the good old days again!

baaaaaasedboies

>MMOs on chad tier
>literally a genre where you turn your mind off to progress

yeah man ffxiv is also more popular than fortnite, just look it up man

I don't know how alive oldschool runescape is but from all I've seen it's just being played by literal autists. Sure, it's still "alive" because there's a lot of autists out there, but it's nowhere near the level of what WoW is trying to be. Moreso because the audience of WoW has always been casual gamers (WoW literally introduced the heavy casualization and normalization of the MMO genre). Those kind of people will not put up with Classic WoW for that long, and those that might I can assure you are just a very very very small (almost irrelevant) percentage of the actual WoW playerbase that Blizzard is struggling to entice. There is a reason Classic WoW is literally being held up by nostalgia goggles and e-celeb streamers that made their careers through nostalgia goggles themselves.

>Zoomers dont actually remember the original use of 'chad'
SAD!

>for a mmo thats still pretty good thats one million people playing consistently month after month
except if you look up the WoW census there's only 1,104,196 characters total and mostly everyone has at least 10 characters each

inquisitor sith was pretty fun honestly. I enjoyed the dialogue options and the big ugly ass alien boy guard.

You are a bit late to the party to shit on the game we all know it's bad but of course it had certain upsides that kept some fans around.

Classic is worth a try, it's a much better and very different game.

>certain upsides
>"BUT ITS STAR WARRSSSSSS!!!"

Attached: zeocaa6mt6ty.jpg (280x280, 9K)