Where to start with the metal gear franchise?

where to start with the metal gear franchise?
which games to play?

Attached: 7173f99723fc8dc7a00032b29299cbc0.jpg (414x395, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KrdCwcdf34g
youtu.be/MeYbHWQrM9A?t=194
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pyuccx_uSqDJhoPSpa-hYA_BAhPTdOZTRjuTtldmDRs
youtube.com/watch?v=pMCqCzM-_RU
youtube.com/watch?v=28CbH2EiwAc
youtu.be/A9JV0EvCkMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Metal Gear Rising and nothing else

>where to start with the metal gear franchise?
Play 1...then 2....then 3...then 4.....then PW....then V
Easy

RELEASE ORDER.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.

Release order.
I started with snake eater and fell in love all the same but release order is safest.

portable ops

Only ever played 5, suck my asshole.

release order but skip metal gear and metal gear 2 solid snake

the MSX games and peace walker need to be remade

personally i would go with release order. check out image for a good break down of the hit and misses (which games to avoid).

Attached: 1566213422635.jpg (700x670, 61K)

now that's what I call le epic troll

honestly...start with snake eater, then sons of liberty read everything that happens in 1 and 4 also PW ( there should be a manga or anime for PW imo) and go ahead and play V

Theyre all shit. Start with Super Mario 3

just play mgs 2

play metal gear 1 and 2 on msx. skip the rest

>all metal gear games adapted as hand drawn anime
when's it happening?

That's a terrible order.

Metal Gear Solid (Read the "previous operations" on the title screen for summary of the 2D games that came out beforehand)
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

trust me, the twists and the way characters show up were better for me in my opinion. Especially if 2 and 3 are the games the frame the series for you

Based.

Metal Gear (NES)
Snake's Revenge (NES)
Metal Gear Acid (PSP)
Metal Gear Acid 2 (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid Touch (iOS)
Metal Gear Survive (PC/XBOX/PS4)

Attached: 7BF52258-8687-4248-B376-3468DE8B8356.jpg (800x1134, 229K)

>where to start with the metal gear franchise?
Release order, MG1 and 2 are perfectly playable today. Skip Snake's Revenge, stop at MGS3 unless you really want context for Rising, which you should give a shot, then play 4.

If talking to girls means talking to mouthbreathers like Ridley I'll gladly not do that.

This, but stop after PW. Just pretend PW was the final game. V will just taint his enjoyment of the series

Thats a lot of emulators... I recently started playing mgsV as the first one and did a bit of reading on the lore but i wish i had those consoles.

Attached: 1546491324735.jpg (469x394, 57K)

Timeline order
Metel gear solid 3
Peace Walker
Metel gear solid ground zeroes
Phantom pain
Metel gear survive
Metel gear
Metel gear 2
Metel gear solid
Metel gear solid 2 Sons of liberty
Metel gear solid 4 guns of the Patriots
Metel gear rising.

Stop before PW, rather. PW will just shit on the series.

As far as canon entries go:

MGS 1 - you can emulate it easily or play on a PS1 or PS2

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - PS2, HD collection has some fun stuff cut out of it among other things

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - PS2, again HD version is missing some stuff, it also includes Metal Gear(it aged pretty badly though, not talking about technical limitations but some design choices were pretty shit) and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - I'd recommend the PSP version, it has a lot of quick grinding missions that are fine if you're playing on a shitter, long train ride

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - whatever version you want really, PC is best for me (it's also so well optimized it can be run on a potato)

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN - same as above, PC version preferred

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - PS3

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - PC, don't know if it was still canon or ever was but play it, it's a fun game and you'll want something with gameplay after MGS 4

Attached: 1441005366440.png (766x1043, 296K)

based konamifriend

Release order except avoid PW and V. Series ended at 4. You can play revengence for giggles and skipping cutscenes

Only Rising and MGSV are worth playing. All the other games are trash.

release order is the right answer for any game series. prove me wrong

Are MG2 / 3 playably smooth on emulators yet?

Attached: 69603284_p0.png (960x960, 397K)

This is the objective best order, no need to post anything else:
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance -1: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Attached: 1566428931265.png (328x373, 91K)

>timeline order
Disgusting.

>Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
HD version is much more comfortable due to twin sticks, however.

Try this one

Attached: gbgbc.jpg (660x417, 312K)

>MGS2 and MGS3
Play these if you want to see the absolute peak of the franchise
>MGS4 and MGS5
Play these to see the absolute lowest point of the franchise
>MGS1
Play this just to see how it all started
>The rest
Peace Walker is alright for a handheld game, the rest is decent or mediocre and not really worth mentioning

>Metal Gear (NES)

I'm kind of disgusted by how much I used to enjoy this as a child. Running up to a door and opening a menu to try an access card 15 different times with no indication of whether I have the right card at all was one of the dumbest things in gaming. Why not just have a fucking door say "requires card 7" or whatever.

I do it not for the time line, but for that important plot twist in 4 that requires the context and characters of 3 to have settled in your mind for a while to not feel like a stupid ass pull (even though it is)

this
also snakes revenge is the best metal gear game ever
the rest is just bullshit and interactive videos

>>MGS2 and MGS3
>Play these if you want to see the absolute peak of the franchise
>>MGS4 and MGS5
>Play these to see the absolute lowest point of the franchise
how can one man's taste be such trash

jokes on you i do both

msx game and the 2 nes games were remade a long time ago.
msx mg1 and mg2 solid snake were remade into metal gear solid but with a lot of changes
snakes revenge was remade into megal gear solid 2 but they changed even more material

Honestly these. Play it in the order the game came out. There are a billion twist and retcon that wouldn't make any sense if you played the games in chronological order.
Plus, if you don't like Playstation 1 graphics (althought they still hold up really nicely because of the voice acting and the cinematography) you could play the first game on a Gamecube emulator.

I would still advise to play :
-Metal gear Solid and read the files on whatever the fuck happened before, and make sure to CODEC CALL absolutely everyone multiple times if the story advances even a TINY BIT. It's really good.
-Mgs2 : Same advice
-Mgs3 : Same advice, and take your time to truly sneak and not go full rambo
-Mgs4 : It's short, enjoy it. Nice conclusion to the series, don't listen to Yea Forums
-Give yourself a nice brain-vacation with CURAHZEE Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance, if you care about MGS2 protag.

-Peace Walker, there's a HD collection somewhere on PS3 or PS4

And from them, Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain. Nice self contained stories.

Attached: Link punished metal gear zelda.png (1280x1303, 775K)

Gamecube version of MGS Twin Snakes had redone cutscenes that were so bad they're good. Fun to see after you saw the original but I wouldn't want to see them first as they kinda kill the game atmosphere.

V is an incredible game. As a chapter in the series it feels like a ridiculous epilogue. The concept of Venom works perfectly after playing 4

Is PO canon

V has the best gameplay in the series and basically was wasted on the mgs fanbase

Mgs4 sucks dude

It canonically has the best song

youtube.com/watch?v=KrdCwcdf34g

This but stop after 3

If you're a casual

>Revengeance -1
you got me

Attached: 1531512169386.jpg (960x629, 57K)

wish I could play mgs1 for the first time one more time, that fucking opening part with "the best is yet to come" always gets me. from that moment on you just know you're playing the best game ever made.

youtu.be/MeYbHWQrM9A?t=194

don't play mgs2 first because you will not understand what kojima did there. even if you do you will probably not care as most of the fans did back in the days. feel sorry for you my dear zoomer child because you weren't there to witness and experience mgs2 glory and all the shitstorm it caused when it mattered the most.

mgs3 is also a very good starting point especially because it's chronologically the first game in the series. great gameplay, great story, memorable boss fights...

4 is shit and the last one you want to play, and V is good game no story territory so definitely play it but you won't get anything substantial out of it. it's literally phantom pain experience to the max.

>you just know you're playing the best game ever made.
someone post the soijak

A Word of advice : treat the Solid Snake/Raiden games and the Big Boss games as two separate timelines, otherwise the story makes no sense. For example, MG and MG2 have been basically retconned out of existence.

No I just prefer my video games not being movies lol

1234pw5

Don't forget portable ops!

>t.nincel

you need to cope more

RELEASE ORDER

Play in release order dipshit.
MGS1>2>3>Portable Ops(optional)>4
After that, stop playing because the series is over.

>How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny swords?

What did Kojima mean by this?

MGSV

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Attached: 20190824_105711.png (768x377, 271K)

more like someone who actually plays games, go back to sucking your dads dick while he watches your epic movie game play out on the soistation. try playing a real game for once in your life

Attached: 1553652934427.gif (848x480, 263K)

are, are you ok user?

>which [MGS] games to play?
How about no games at all? Why play le meme reddit-tier wacky 4th wall breaking (omg like deadpoolz!!1! :D) """"games""" when you could play a realistic, thrilling stealth-action adventure series (pic very much related) that does actually take itself seriously instead of constantly quipping about le memory card reading, or the epic big boss being some random junkie medic wanabe, or the 100 year old mummy sniper dying in one real time week? Start with Splinter Cell 1 and then make your way up to Chaos Theory. Then play the old-gen version of Double Agent, skip Conviction entirely and play Blacklist but only in the hardest difficulty and with an open mind. Don't forget to play Splinter Cell: Essentials, you can do so with a PSP emulator. Also if you're still hungry for more stealth-action-kino, make sure to check out Thief (the original trilogy not the shitty reboot), Hitman, SWAT 4 and Syphon Filter once you're done with Splinter Cell. But dont play any MGS game because they're all shit in case you havent noticed. Godspeed, user. You have a lot of work ahead of you.

Attached: Splinter Cell..jpg (980x554, 74K)

the best starting points for story reasons:
MGS1
MGS3
the MSX games (those i don't reccomend but they can be a good starting point)

V is a much better game than 4

>rewatching old MGSV trailers
>2 Elis
>"Les Enfant Terribles... Zero called it."

Was this just a bait and switch?
I remember that one of the Eli's was Mantis, but what was the point in the Zero called it line?

Les Enfants Terribles.... That's what zero called it

nobody asked for your opinions

OP did, since his thread was a trick question to expose redditors

ok mongol

Can't imagine what it must feel like to type that out and get 0 serious replies. Splinter Cell is a shitty sit-in-a-shadow simulator and doesn't hold a candle to MGS, get over it.

Attached: MGS-Snake-Eater-Pachislot-Wallpaper-PC-6.jpg (3840x2160, 1.43M)

All im reading is it doesnt "hold a candle" to metal gear solid because it doesnt pander to reddit

Dont listen to these faggots. Play them in chronological order, not release

is "REDDIT! REDDIT! rEDDDIT!!!!!!!!!!!" all you can say?

All projection my friend

is "REDDIT! REDDIT! rEDDDIT!!!!!!!!!!!" the reason why MGS is better than splinter cell?

>MGS is better than splinter cell
That it is

Attached: 1525655190720s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

because you like watching instead of playing, that doesnt mean its actually a better game

>nobody telling op to play the masterpiece that is ghost babel
Plebs

is Caramel kill yet?

Try to start with Metal Gear Solid. If you can play that then go 1,2,3,4,PW,V.
If you can't deal with how dated it feels then start with 3. If you can play that then go 3,1,2,4,PW,V.
If you can't deal with how dated that feels, then just play V. The gameplay is good and the story doesn't matter anyways since it sucks.

Watch movie cuts of Metal Gear 1 and 2 on Youtube then play the solids in order.

Just play 1, 2, 3 and the MSX titles. Ignore the rest of the games. And then make up your own head-canon.

I went release order first and then chronologically

I prefer chronologically

So here's how it goes...
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (I consider it canon)
-Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
-Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
-Metal Gear MSX
-Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
-Metal Gear Solid
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
-Metal Gear Rising (Optional if you want)

The story felt better flowing chronologically than release order

Or if you want an extra spin, I did a non canon spinoff timeline

Going off TPP
-Metal Gear NES
-Snakes Revenge
-Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
-Metal Gear Ac!d
-Metal Gear Ac!d2
-Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

I like Metal Gear

It's pretty Solid

Attached: 20190818_174139.jpg (1187x1246, 446K)

Rising being canon is irrelevant. Platinum asked for the game to be post MGSV to give them creative freedom. It's not like debating portable ops.

Go back in time and be born sooner, faggot lil zoom zoom

this but skip 4

god i wish kojima made mg 1 and 2 remakes instead of making 2 big boss bullshit games, who the fuck cares about some base in the middle of nowhere.

>Godspeed, user.
Razorfist fan detected.

Kojima said the overarching plot he gave the writers is. IE Big Boss shuts down a rogue Fox unit. Rest not so much, biggest thing is the money. PO ends with BB getting a giant pile of money yet in BW, MSF is living in a shack and Miller tells BB/the player to forget about San Hamerio or however you spell it.

>Was this just a bait and switch?
MGS trailers are always full of bait and switches.
>MGS3 trailer has The Boss pointing her knife at Naked Snake's eye.
>It's actually Ocelot who took out his eye.
>MGS4 trailer has Old Snake contemplating suicide.
>He pusses out at the last minute.

*Post MGS4

>franchise is numbered
>retard asks where to start

To be fair, the transition from MG2 to MGS left retards confused over where the series starts. I'm sure plenty think Metal Gear Solid is the franchise name.

That's exactly why MG2 needs a remake, morons still don't know that it exists and is actually a part of the story. Too bad Kojima blew all of his money on expensive music licenses, and hollywood stars. Instead of making something that actually matters to the story.

The story of all the MGS games are all the same shit anyway.
MGS1: FOX HOUND hijacks Metal Gear REX and Solid Snake must stop them.
MGS2: The Sons of Liberty hijacks Arsenal Gear and Raiden must stop them.
MGS3: Russians are making the Shagohod and Naked Snake must stop them.
MGS4: Liquid Ocelot hijacks the SOP system and Old Snake must stop them.
PW: CIA mercenaries are making Peace Walker and Big Boss must stop them.
MGSV: XOF is making Sahelanthropus and Punished Snake must stop them.

hi wrpg-kun.

Is the only way to play a new game to Delete your old save or play on another account? I want to start V over, but kind of don't want to lose all of the work done here.

1, 2,3,4,rising, then 5.
You can skip 5 if you want to.
fag

what the fuck am I reading retard? what the fuck do wrpg.s have to do with the fortnite of stealth games?

we know it's you redditor shitposter.

play them in release order. you can start with mgs1, but the msx games are ok. you can watch a youtube supercut of peace walker since the story is crucial to 5 and ground zeroes, but it's shitty psp gameplay.

Play MGS3 then Metal Gear for the NES before finishing with Metal Gear Ghost Babel.

Morrowind: Dagoth-Ur is trying to take over the world and the Nerevarine must stop him.
GTA SA: Officer Tenpenny is causing the Los Santos apocalypse and CJ must stop him.
Deus Ex: The Illuminati wants to blow up the internet and JC Denton must stop them.

vaguely, there is a good conversation with big boss convincing a soldier to join his cause. it's worth listening to a youtube cut of the game if you like metal gear

>V has the best gameplay
How many times do you need to be told that the controls are NOT the only element of gameplay? How many times do you need to be told that the controls are identical to MGS4 without the series' iconic item/weapon selection?

sorry redditor, maybe go back if you want to desperately attempt to profile every poster who blows you the fuck out. And even if I was whatever retarded boogeyman youve cooked up in your autistic "brain", it wouldnt change how badly youre getting floored since the only defense MGS toddlers can ever come up with is to attempt to redirect the conversation out of the game, aka desperate kike dishonesty tactics

you start with the beginning you simpleton

>V is an incredible game
shit taste

>a bloo bloo where was my baby sniper wolf :_;

MGSV is a MGS2-tier subversive masterpiece and I can't believe Kojima managed to pull the same stunt again. You're just mad for the same reasons people were pissed about Raiden, but you didn't have Matthewmatosis and Bunnyhop to explain the story or its themes to you this time.

and this right here is why bidoo gamers are rightfully paraded around as kekistani shirt wearing fat retards

Not an argument.

yep it's you.

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Ghost Babel

>chronological order

why the FUCK would you do this? The in-universe timeline doesn't matter. Kojima is more interested in subtext and the player's own relationship with the series as it progresses from game-to-game.

MGSV is written with the explicit idea that it's the final Metal Gear game and dealing with the separation anxiety the fans were feeling at that time

Ubishit sucks faget

That absolutely is an argument.
Every element of gameplay aside from the controls are absolute shit.
MGSV has objectively worse controls than MGS4.

nope, but enjoy your report for your epic off topic bullshit. try againmaybe the scary splinter cell and thief boogeymen will leave you alone once youre actually able to formulate an argument for why reddit gear basedlid is better than anything. I know I sure can but im not going to throw redditors a bone

>Sub-versive masterpiece.

Most people called the twist before GZ came out.

Nah, he's just not an melodramatic man child, go change your diaper you faggot

Order they were released. Don't make yourself play the original old MG's. Just start with MGS (metal gear solid)

Got a ps3? Get the legacy collection and you're good. 360? HD collection and emulate MGS1. You'll need a PS3 to play 4 though.

Release order obviously. Anyone saying anything else is a fucking moron.

>the redditor reports me
pathetic wrpg-kun.
keep larping as a thief or splinter cell fan.

>skipping MG2

Nope, wow that was hard.

just acid 2

I like the feeling of going in order better. Sure, the release order felt good as you said, but I like a story that flows off one another

MGS4 feels like the end though, not MGSV

Attached: 1566166563456m.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

I'm playing mgsv again and I loved it the first time but fuck this second time is boring as fuck, the stealth mechanics are beyond broken, yes you can do everything different ways but why bother when nobody can fucking see you rolling around the floor, story makes no sense, boss doesn't feel like boss (okay this one is obvious) but none of the other characters feel the way they should either and for what little story there is it's really fucking boring and the entire time I'm playing it I'm low key defending it thinking "damn Konami didn't let him finish it" as if another 6 months would've miraculously fixed things

I want to platinum this but fuck I'm hating it more after every mission

Yes, wow you just lost kid.

better just to skip those two games, mgs4 story gave me depression because of how fucking bad it was

MGS V absolutely feels like an ending, what do you mean? It's basically a close on big boss as a chracter

MG2 is pretty cool but not everyone wants to play these and you're only going to get them if you can get the legacy collection for ps3. Which is a must have imo.

release order but you can skip 2 if you want.

The story is shit and MGS4 throws MGS2's story into the trash where it belongs and fixes the shitty MC

I felt the same way, but I liked it

The old feeling it gave off and how bleak it was went with the plot beautifully to me

I agree, MGSV feels like the end of an era. That's why the introduction of Solid Snake feels great (I did my first series playthrough release date when Konami gave a fuck, and then I did a whole chronological playthrough on the release day of Survive)

It feels like "Sayanora, Big Boss. And Hello, Solid Snake"

Attached: 2f49b5e962a0d8df8731d281979a5621.jpg (1000x1000, 337K)

Every version of MGS3 Subsistence comes with MG and MG2.

order of release

Not really, you haven't presented any argument, you just said it was shit

bruh the Map Design, A.I., and even Vehicles are worse than fucking Far Cry
Polished controls aren't gameplay. They're an aspect of it, sometimes a major one (e.g. Star Fox Zero), but generally speaking it's easy as sin as to have a control scheme that isn't noticeable, which is exactly what you should be aiming for, no pun intended.
Kaz's story is GOAT, though. It's a shame everything else was so unfocused/unfini- HUH!?!
Tы этo видeл?
этo былo пoхoжe нa лoшaдь, нeт гoнщикa, нo ceдлo.
этo былo, вepoятнo, ничeгo
тoлькo вaши глaзa игpaют тpюки, в кoнцe кoнцoв, cpeди бeлa дня
11/10, the best movie I ever played

Attached: 749452F9-0A16-4913-8916-CFA16DF163D3.png (499x484, 134K)

>he's just not an melodramatic man child, go change your diaper you faggot

autistic bronies and retarded zoomers are literally the only type of "people" who are stupid enough to think that TPP is a good game in any way

MGS4's story is fascinating as the creative expression of a tortured game developer who's grown to hate himself, his fanbase, and what his baby has become. It's a passive-aggressive takedown of Metal Gear Solid itself, delivering loads of fanservice for the brainlets who didn't like MGS2 but in the most backhanded manner possible

>You want Snake back even though he already had a happy ending in MGS1 and 2? He's old as fuck, tired, complains the whole time how he shouldn't even be here and he just wants to die (kind of like Kojima)
>Oh you thought Raiden was a pussy? Well he's le epic badass cyborg ninja now...but becoming one ruined his life and the angst has been dialed up to 20 and he cries in literally every scene
>You wanted to know who the Patriots were, even though their literal identity was never important? Oh yeah they're the support crew from MGS3 I guess
>You want Biggu Bossu back? He shows up to deliver a 30 minute monologue about how you need to let the series the fuck go and move on with your life
>The world itself has been torn apart by endless war that perpetuates not for ideology or political reasons, but solely for the sake of making money, just like Metal Gear itself
>The entire game is about how your perception of the world and your beliefs are solely your own and can *never* truly be passed onto others, reflecting the frustration Kojima felt when people so heavily misread his intentions with MGS2

Its cutscenes are overly long, hamfistedly melodramatic, the gameplay is nonexistent, and literally every criticism you can make is probably valid. I don't like playing MGS4, but I can appreciate what its trying to do.

You haven't present any argument, you just said it was the best.

I'm not the one having a mental breakdown over it ;)

You're a grown man holding a vendetta against a video game because it didn't fit your head canon. Are you sure they're the only stupid people applicable here?

>.but becoming one ruined his life and the angst has been dialed up to 20 and he cries in literally every scene

to be fair, he thought Rose miscarried his child, then married Roy, and got pregnant by Roy.

When in reality that was all a ruse to protect the kid from the AI Network

Or it was shit that they had to bring kojimmer on last minute to smear on some lipstick

>You wanted to know who the Patriots were, even though their literal identity was never important? Oh yeah they're the support crew from MGS3 I guess
That was foreshadowed in MGS3 though. Who are the Patriots?

I couldnt give a fuck about the story of reddit gear solid, one of the reasons why I was interested in TPP in the first place is because it was supposed to focus on gameplay. Youre a fucking braindead, game-design illiterate redditor if you think TPP has gameplay at all let alone good gameplay. Its braindead dopamine injector mobile game dogshit that has nothing to do with the genres it advertizes itself as

why are you winking at me my dude are we flirting
>;)?

You're the one that thinks MGSV is a good game. :^)

I thought the patriots were dead for over 100 years though?

I thought The Essential Collection didn't come with the 2D Metal Gears.

Man, it must suck not being able to fucking count from 1 to 5.

lol cope

>I thought the patriots were dead for over 100 years though?

MGS4 confirmed that bit if info was fake.

Only two of the founding members (Sigint and Para-medic) were dead by the end of MGS2

The Essential Collection is the same thing as just getting the games separately. The discs and cases just look different.

It is :D

MGS1/2 had an overarching plot.
Everything was fine, until Autism Snake took over and the games stop trying to reinvent the genre and started taking the piss.
Thanks for nothing, fucking faggots who perpetuated Tactical Menu Operations 3: Virginity Mission. Now we can finally get a half dozen games dedicated to the only (non)character who DIDN'T need a backstory, especially one ripped directly from the pages of Planes, Trains, and Plantains.
Remind me how Big Boss waking up from a coma after being Frankensteined and getting monologued to and then going to Arlington to (Fox)die made any fucking sense?
DUDE ALL THE NONSENSICAL DEVELOPMENT HAPPENS OFFSCREEN
>uhh, it's a beautiful scene tho

Attached: 2E5343C7-91C9-43E9-830A-8E09DEB67394.jpg (615x820, 125K)

Yes, Raiden has always been justified in his whining. Doesn't mean he is not a whiner.

And only one mgs3 disc

Drop the act, Splinter Cell sucks compared to MGS. Sitting in shadows and climbing over objects is not good stealth gameplay. In fact, I guarantee the only reason you worship it is because some Youtuber told you to.

Attached: gmfPb12.png (1014x1390, 910K)

MGS3 and 4 did as many new things as before you just only care about muh graphics because you're a retard.

>fake news
mgs4 retcon for "reasons" then okay I get you

This, MGSV has much more freedom of movement and SC is a glorified puzzle game with "thrilling" ubishit gameplay

Daily reminder that Old Snake is Solidus, and MGS2 is VR training conducted by Solidus
David died on that Tanker two years ago.

>MGS1/2 had an overarching plot.

that was left unfinished because The Patriots and Ocelot were still out there

MGS4 has no gameplay

>Tons of meme buzzwords
>Game advertises itself as a stealth operation game
>You get to operate stealthily in a foreign country
I'm starting to get embarrassed even speaking to you, there's no way you're a grown adult.

Big Boss has no character

The Patriots, as depicted in MGS2, were never meant to be human. They were a sentient collective of the memes formulated from the political systems of the United States government that had become infinitely self-sustaining. Kojima never intended to elaborate on the Patriots any more than that, they play a specific role in the story regarding information warfare and how political systems influence our perception of the world.

But brainlets actually needed to know WHO ARE THE PATRIOTS so when Kojima wrote MGS4 he had to come up with some kind of answer for those people, so he threw darts at a wall and decided it'd be Major Zero I guess

XD

he's redditor projecting don't bother.

Absolute brainlet understanding of the series. The Patriots just didn't come out of thing air, they had to have been created, an AI would have to have come from a humans creation. Period. From there you can explain it how you want, and it being eventually developed from the shadow organization zero formed that started with the Wiseman's committee's funds makes complete sense.

You're applying MGS4 continuity to MGS2, dude.

It's like you want to be proud of having to fuck about and eat food for garbage "survival" mechanics and camo swaps to fool the dipshit A.I.
HEY LOOK, WE MADE THESE SHITTY MECHANICS, LOOK MA, ISN'T IT GREAT? hop u rike eet

blame Kojima not leaving that plot element unresolved, not the fans

Yikes, ill give you 15 minutes to apologize and then ill have an actual argument ready which will be going on every reddit gear solid thread from now on since im tired of TPP zoomers deflecting and acting like they "won" with their skin deep non points

Yes he does. He has as much character as snake does.

I'm sorry you were casual filtered.

The patriots could only have been some form of A.I, that was obvious enough from MGS2 in a vacuum.

Whoah it's almost like the series doesn't end at 2 like you want it to. It doesn't matter if a writer didn't plan to write something else after the fact as a precursor, what matters is that there's room to write it.

I'll straight up never understand the hate for 4. It's my favorite narrative and style of the whole franchise. Old Snake is based, the BB core is based, Drebin is based, Olga's daughter is based, Johnny is based, Raiden is based, Liquid Ocelot is based, Octocamo is based, the Metal Gear Ray vs. Metal Gear Rex fight is fucking based. It is legitimately a great game and anyone who says it isn't has never played it, is memeing, or they or their parents went through a divorce/breakup on it's release.

You haven't said shit beyond throw opinions around and talk like you're on twitch chat with meme buzzwords.

>unresolved
It was never meant to be resolved by design, dude. Sometimes not telling you something is just as important to a story as explaining it.

I like the Shining a lot more because it's deliberately withholding of information and doesn't fucking explain anything.

Kaz looks tight AF in MGSV, and that's all that matters.

Attached: B81D9F0B-7422-4595-83DF-BAC97E5FA566.jpg (302x502, 43K)

I like all of MGS, dude. I just am capable of compartmentalizing each game and understanding that Kojima had different creative intent with each game and trying to apply his intent with the Patriots in MGS4 to the version of them originally presented in MGS2 is useless.

What'd Kojimbo mean by this?

Attached: 7015A348-EBAC-4385-8CDC-D5DDD912C5D6.jpg (243x500, 21K)

but you still have the questions of "who built the AI?" and "How do we stop the AI?"

idk who cares lol

Reported

You are Venom Snake.

MGS1 and then MGSV

MGS2 was a hell of an experience at the time, but it's not aged well. same for all the rest. MGSV is the first that's actually fun at all.

>casual filtered
>by retard-proof mechanics that define casual games
you wanna hook up on the 'craft later and find some diamonds while reading notch tweets bruh?

>the BB core is based, Drebin is based
dude what

It's an awful game, the two starting acts not only consistently interrupt you, but force you into a shit third person shooting gallery, the stealth lasts no more then 10-20 mind if gameplay in act 1, between shooting gallery and cutscenes. Act 2 is probably the only good part of the game where you actually get to play, and even then it has the shit footprint sequence, and ANOTHER interruption of stealth by forcing a really bad rail shooting tps sequence. then the game nose dives heavily. The bosses are all bland, have absolutely no character whatsoever, and outside of wolf and octopus, aren't even creative or enjoyable to fight. I don't even need to say shit about act 3 and 4.

But I hate myself. I don't want to be Venom Snake, I want to live vicariously through Big Boss, and a message that I am capable of the same greatness as the legendary soldier implies I am responsible for my own life and I hate it so MGSV has BAD WRITING

MGS2 fans hate it because it gave closure to the unresolved plot elements of MGS2 and "ruined" Raiden to make him more appealing to the fanbase.

All the patriots are is a means of control that got out of hand. In MGS2 they're trying to gain greater control of the world, in MGS4 they gain so much control they control soldiers and war completely. Basically that is what's happening.

Also you have this idea that MGS4 was Kojima hating his fans when that's just not true. He set out to answer everything he could and give the fans a satisfying ending. And he did, every time I replay it I think about it for days. Shit like Meryl and Johnny shootout proposal could have been cut for the better but overall it was fine.

Also MGS2 in my opinion is more about memes being just as important as genes, passing on ideas, culture, finding something worthy to pass on, etc. The Patriots are really just a backdrop for this plot point which was the main idea in MGS1 as well.

And I'm saying this all as someone that likes every game in the series for different reasons. There's nothing wrong with liking it, but if you can't understand how people think MGS 4 is easily the lowest point in the series, then I dunno what to tell you.

Thanks for that, boss.

Not until you paid $200 + tip for that atrocious sequel.
He has no character in Snake Eater. He just grunts and looks at the camera with introspection while sad, manipulative music plays in the background.
Then he stares at boobs lol. Look, it's The Sorrow in the background, lmao!
You could argue it's part of the story. I mean he's been trained since forever, and given his character's motivations and ultimate ending (or supposed ending, anyway), which we already know from MG2, thus making a prequel focusing on said character is fucking retarded and pointless, it could be established that he is designed to be emotionally devoid.
but then he's all fucking hung up on The Boss for a nanosecond, and then the entirety of Peace Walker some guy impersonating Steve Blum or whoever voices Snake won't shut the fuck up about The Boss.
I mean yeah, don't show the actual characters meeting and getting to know eachother, and, y'know, building character, just show the autism-fueled burnout after Mr. Miyagi defects to Cobra Kai.
Fucking Japs can't write for shit. Can't even feel emotions.

MGSV is the close on Snake, kumqwats. Snake is, altogether, Big Boss, Solid Snake, and the player.
>wtf are you smoking?
Have you ever heard of a "legacy character"? Link, from The Legend of Zelda, for example? That's what Snake is. Since MGS3, the term began to gradually evolve to mean that, but it only became obvious in PW.

Attached: Snake Snake Snake Snake Snake Snake.jpg (800x600, 327K)

I don't get it I'll be honest

Well at the end of 2 raiden says he will make his own mind, and not be used. Then in 4 he gets used again, to be a killing machine, again. Then at the end of 4 he resolves again to be there for his boy and whatever, then rising does the same shit again except now he just accepts his murderous ways. So yeah they really do throw it out a few times. But maybe the point is that such dramatic change is incredibly hard, and people usually always revert back to their natural self.

I wouldn't say it ruined Raiden, it was just another unfortunate case of show don't tell.
Instead of SEEING Raiden's development occur after the events of MGS2, you're just told them. He becomes this sullen cyberninja and monologues about what changed him.
Real fuckin' inspirational.
He was more convincing as a genuine character in MGS2, and nobody is convincing as anything in MGS4. They're pawns of a story that was never meant to be more but a backdrop for character drama.

>He was more convincing as a genuine character in MGS2

a guy who whined all the time is a genuine character?

>I want to live vicariously through big boss
that's one of the main themes in mgsv.

Wasn't Raiden kidnapped by the Patriots and made into a cyborg?

start with mgs 1, end with mgs 1.

>I don't want to be Venom Snake
Too bad. You are. You signed up to be him when you played V for the first time.
>I want to live vicariously through Big Boss
Since you are Venom Snake, you ARE Big Boss, so you are living vicariously through him.
>I am responsible for my own life.
Too bad, so not so sad. That's what every adult has to do.

yeah, it happened when he was rescuing Sunny

You not liking his character doesnt invalidate that he is one.

Can we call the franchise Western games since the creator is a massive Westaboo?

>"The first photo shows the medic with his balaclava on. The second photo, which was taken just after the first, shows the player with the balaclava off."

Attached: ui_face_big_boss.png (512x512, 131K)

The 2D Metal Gears were on Disc 2 of Subsistence along with all the other extra content like Metal Gear Online, Snake Vs. Monkey, Duel Mode and Secret Theater. Disc 1 is just the main game.

What'd he whine about? I hear this a lot and I don't really get it.
He's a novice who quickly realizes he has no idea what's going on, and he starts seeing some fucked up shit really early on.
There's just some death metal lookin' dude flash stepping and a dozen dead special forces operatives. It's chill, though.
There's this game called Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. It features a rock as the protagonist. He reacts to nothing and has no opinion or discernible emotion beyond smiling when his snake gets solid (lol). You might like it.

Post the leaked script user. I want to feel the phantom pain

We don't call American games Japanese even if creators are huge Weeaboos.

Honestly, wait until after Tokyo Game Show, because we'll be getting MGSV: Demon Edition. Then when it releases, start there since it'll be the objective best game in the entire series.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pyuccx_uSqDJhoPSpa-hYA_BAhPTdOZTRjuTtldmDRs

Attached: Sunekku and Kojimbles.jpg (1280x545, 394K)

Yeah, he monologues about it at one point.
Remember when MGR was going to be about that mission and be a hybrid stealth-action game that bridged the gap and finally showed a character going nuclear?
Nah, we ain't got the budget for it, lets just bait-and-switch with this tech demo footage and get those paysluts over at One-Hit Wonder Studios to make a five hour retread.

Based retard

No, it just looks Western to outsiders, it's filled with stupid anime shit being played completely straight.

>MGSV isn't unfinished
>The story just sucks so bad because Kojima prioritized gameplay > story in the shittiest way possible
>While also focusing on the meta

bruh
how you gonna pay three times for some different cutscenes?
this shit ain't gonna fix the damn gameplay
fuckin' go buy your Avengers ticket for the nth time so Disney can beat Disney at the box office

Only in setting but the games are all critical of America.

Play them in release order.
Red = Main series (canon games)
Yellow = Non-canon spinoffs, but good and worth a play.

Attached: MG games.jpg (359x915, 120K)

this

No because the style is still very japanese. It's so over the top, and dramatic like an anime almost.

This is the ultimate argument to dismantle the widespread delusion about MGSV having "the best gameplay in the series," or even "good gameplay" at all. This argument will only focus on the gameplay, completely detached from the story of the game or the series as a whole. However, certain mechanics that have more direct ties to the story or lore will still be addressed for gameplay purposes (such as the cassette tapes).

The most commonly cited "proof" of TPP having "good gameplay" is the idea that the game has some (abstract) "freedom" that gives you an unparalleled selection of options in-game and thus the game has "better" gameplay than the older games from the series (and that the same "freedom" warrants praise in general, leading to the idea that the game has "good gameplay" and deserves to be lauded as something special).

The second most commonly cited "proof" of TPP having "good gameplay" is the idea that the game has some (abstract) set of "mechanics" that simply "makes it the best". Boiled down to the crux of this non-argument, the idea is that the basic system mechanics in the game are simply "better" than those of the other MGS games, or possibly other stealth or action games in general. As badly as the arguments of the mouthbreathing TPP defenders are formulated and explained, I can only guess at what exactly they are referring to with this one. A fair assumption would be that when people cite the "good mechanics" they are talking about the combat system, the stealth mechanics, your basic controls to interact with the systems and so on. If I wanted to end the discussion right here, I'd probably point at the fact that those mechanics are at best the other half of the nigh-mobile game grind the game has, focused entirely on capturing resources and managing Mother Base.

I will now dismantle these ideas completely.

TPP trades "design" for "freedom". It opts out to throw out complex level design, something imperative to a stealth game. A map is a platter for the designer to implement their gameplay scenario. For any type of game, but particularly a stealth game, it's undoubtedly necessary to have a gameplay scenario that challenges the player in some way. The challenge itself can obviously be varied, constantly changing, but it should be there to give some type of concise structure for the player. A game is a game, something with rules, something to play in and win at. Basketball is a game, merely throwing a ball around isn't. You might argue that TPP "has" level design, just an extremely barebones implementation of it. This is obvious and in no way counters the truth. Good level design is a platter for the scenario to function in. The only "freedom" TPP gives you is to break the level design itself as the creator doesn't have enough control to make a game out of it. It's almost irrelevant whether or not TPP has any type of level design at all as the creator can't force the player into it's constraints. It's too wide, too open, too empty to faciliate any type of game.

TPP also completely throws out varied gameplay scenarios. The one thing you're meant to use your "freedom" on (the game) is so barebones, so repetitive that the only thing left is to kick the ball around on an empty field. The game has exactly one type of objective that it uses on every single main mission of the game, its one primary gameplay scenario, the most complex scenario it can offer you, the scenario that also gets distilled down to an even simpler form to accommodate the side ops in the game.

>The concept of Venom works perfectly after playing 4

Alright I'm intrigued, how does it work perfectly?

>implying Raiden doesn't go nuclear in MGR
Dude gets his arm chopped off, goes on a revenge mission, and accepts he just loves killing.

"Go here and destroy this. If this can be extracted, it's always the right answer to fulton it instead, no matter what the description of the mission is."

If your mission is to kill 3 commanders, the right answer is to traverse through the empty overworld as quickly as possible and extract them. If your mission is to destroy tanks coming in onto the map, the right answer is to extract them. If your mission is to trail a soldier to assassinate his commander, the right answer is to extract the target. Mission to kill prisoners? Extract them. Extract the tank unit, extract the wandering mother base soldiers, extract the highly skilled soldier number.134213, extract the interpreter, extract the ____ specialist. The only variation to this formula is when you are absolutely forced to destroy something instead, when youre put against something that you can't fulton (Sahelanthropus). These missions are extremely rare and quite offensively simplistic. They offer even less of this "freedom" that is supposed to be the selling point of the game.

So what is the "freedom" that turns these repetitive extraction missions into the "best gameplay" of the series?

The "freedom" in TPP is an illusion. Not only are the options themselves far more limited than the game would want you to believe, the strategies for applying these "options" are automatically kept in check by the other half of the game where you will not progress unless you gather resources.

Knowing this, your options are to either sacrifice resources by killing or getting soldiers by not killing them. Lets assume that both options are viable (which they are not).

where is my Demon Edtion?

You're still left with two options. Red or blue damage. The exact same choice you have in the past games, except now you have far less complex ways to interact with your enemies rather than simply killing or stunning them. Complex body damage is gone, affecting the equipment of the soldiers is completely tied to one of the mobile game Mother Base mechanics instead (dispatch missions) that happens somewhere offscreen and suddenly the enemies don't have battle armor. The game tricks you into thinking that you have options (look at all these items, look at all these guns, look at all these arms,) but all of it is a lie. You're left with less than you had in previous games, you merely have options for how you want to deal your red or blue damage.

And of course, you can produce noise. Another option padded with a ton of false depth.

Simply off the top of my head, you can deal red damage (lethal) with guns, you can slit throats, use explosives (grenades, C4, rocket launchers, grenade launchers) or even a lethal rocket arm. There are hundreds of guns in the game, all dealing the same lethal damage. You're given the illusion of depth by giving you 100 different assault rifles that all do the exact same thing. You can never even manually deploy without one equipped, you're always decked out to kill in multiple ways even if you don't take the explosives with you (which are never the right answer to anything, since anything you might want to blow up you actually want to extract)

Then you have blue damage. CQC is always available and you even have a chain CQC move that lets you down an entire crowd of close by opponents. Already you can see the pattern of false depth here since you're given a Stun arm which can do the exact same thing, but it's treated as another, as-if meaningful function. You have automatic riot assault rifles and submachineguns, sniper rifles and tranq guns.

Bullshit

>Solid Snake is literally an anime character with a face that looks so anime for anime's sake, suits that look so anime for anime's sake and a headband that looks so anime for anime's sake
>Designed by an artist that has an anime art style
No, it's still Japanese. V is the only game in it that really tries to be westaboo with it's attempt at photorealism that tosses away all the anime.

And last, you can make noise. You can always deploy with an infinite pile of empty magazines and the biomechanical arm can produce noise directly from you. Making noise is another bloated pile of false depth, since that infinite pile of magazines can be supplemented by limited noisemakers like the active decoy. None of them are actually better than the magazines you have though, just far more ridiculous and overtly visible to not only kill all semblance of stealthy military simulation, but to make redditors chortle into their pube beards.

In short, you have layers upon layers of false depth by giving you "options" out of your three primary modes of interacting with an enemy NPC. You have even less freedom when faced with skulls or child soldiers though. The environment itself is always completely asinine, the objective itself is always so simplistic that it might as well not exist as you intuitively know to fulton the soldier with a glowing marker on it. Your "freedom" to interact with said soldiers is no more complex than in the paid demo, let alone the past MGS games where you couldn't always choose your kit but still had an intelligently designed, varied and interesting gameplay scenario around those mechanics at your disposal.

your turn, reddit

This is what I did. I still talk shit in these threads though making up weird theories. I rarely get called out for never having played them haha

Release order.

You have autism. 100% of the time when people say mgsv has good gameplay they’re referring to character locomotion and the animation blending. It is superb. You’re talking about the design which is really shitty and mgsv is disappointing overall but the “gameplay” is best in class

Hardly a subversive experience when people already figured out the twist by the release of GZ m8. However I bet no one would have expected that we got cucked out of a 3rd chapter, a rehashed chapter 2 and an ending that was also cut out from the final game, so kudos to Konami/Kojima for that.

>No, it's still Japanese. V is the only game in it that really tries to be westaboo with it's attempt at photorealism that tosses away all the anime.

V still has loli Paz via the illusions Venom has (I forget where but either PW or TPP said she got a breast reduction to look like a loli), a nearly naked girl that doesn't speak, and a giant mecha being controlled by a psychic.

Daily reminder that Huey did nothing wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=pMCqCzM-_RU
>No recording of the supposed conversation between Huey and an unnamed corporation in the U.S. discussing the former's immunity in return for a strain of wolbachia
>No evidence that Huey became a gamma ray specialist and somehow determined that the rays would coincidentally mutate the exact strain that the Diamond Dogs became infected with because of Venom Snake
>No evidence that Hiey killed Dr. Strangelove, just a busted recording by an A.I. pod that can autonomously open its hatch if powered on
>No evidence that Huey ever had contact with Cipher
>No evidence that Huey somehow, in secret, under strict surveillance, aided a group of ten year olds in finishing Sahelanthropus
MGSV was about Kaz going nuclear, as seen throughout the entire game and culminating in his paranoia and vendetta during the final act. If you genuinely believe this witch hunt wasnzmt

Attached: 19D7E90C-7A5F-453D-930E-165E592FF8A4.jpg (900x833, 55K)

But the first thing we were ever told about Huey was him being a shithead though.

Kojima really knows how to make a goddamn trailer!

Attached: clearance.jpg (244x400, 20K)

Attached: dcd967_5677278.jpg (1024x1024, 186K)

Didn't read but wtf user chill out

Attached: 1565111280981.jpg (1280x1579, 233K)

>i-i d-di-didnt m-mean i-it has g-good gameplay i m-meant its fun to locomote

go locomote in your empty map pablo and never let me see your sniveling retardation again after begging for "arguments" for why your game is a pile of shit

funny because it's a different snake LMAO

Told by whom?
Wait, why did Ocelot kill Kaz anyway?
And wouldn't he have approached Huey to design Metal Gear REX? Seems like he would've had some decent leverage.
I mean, an aquaphobe committing suicide by drowning?
HMMMMMMMMM

MGSV has fantastic gameplay, sorry it doesn't have infinite quests and guilds like skyrim you fucking queer.

You can replay any mission ad infinitum, though.
What point were you even trying to make with this nonsensical response?

Otacon in MGS2, he said his dad was the kind of person who would take his step-daughter with him when attempting suicide.

>Wait, why did Ocelot kill Kaz anyway?

Explained in post truth conversation. Miller's fucking pissed about what BB did so he swore he'd train up the son that opposes him so he became Solid's survival instructor and Ocelot said they'd fight to the death one day over it. Obviously the son of the boss is going to beat a cripple so when it came time for MGS, Ocelot killed him so Liquid could impersonate him.

Huey seemed like a nice character in PW

but he went full Benedict Arnold when Skull Face offered him nice toys. I was glad I knew what his fate was going to be

Attached: comic509.png (650x2508, 423K)

The question was if the transformation was planned or did Kojima just forget his ultimate fate until it was time to write V.

Don't worry you meme spouting faggot, I've got an argument for all your nostalgia riddled bullshit.

try again mouthbreather

He said Huey was the type of person who would do it, or just said that it happened?
I only recall the scene where he awkwardly talks about how his father's suicide was his fault, not specifically about the nature of his father.
>tfw Emma hits on Hal

Attached: C79CA902-E657-4811-A0DA-467D0E84EF84.jpg (537x534, 75K)

I know youre an illiterate redditor but go ahead and tell everyone what do those posts have to do with "nostalgia" when they dont even have to reference other games of any kind to point out just how laughable TPP is

He said he did it, I meant him being the kind of asshole who would do something like that is the first thing we the player learn about him.

How do you test pilot something that was never functional?
How do you repair something that was never broken?
Are Kaz & Ocelot retarded?

You can't even remember the shit you posted. But I can already see the nostalgia in your post just from the stupid fucking point about the radios and the body damage. I'm typing up a response right now, and once I blow your faggot asshole out leave this thread and go back to making entire sentences out of memes somewhere else

Yes, thats a point to instantly kill the lie that TPP would be in any way deeper when it comes to the only thing it has, aka le fucking around with an enemy soldier, it has nothing to do with the detailed dismantling of TPP's own mechanics which is the brunt of the argument because I couldnt care less about the other metal gear games

>How do you test pilot something that was never functional?

It worked mechanically. Control was an issue. Skull face refused A.I's because the PW era mechs got taken down via shooting their external pod and they couldn't shrink them down enough to work internally and having a control pod big enough for an adult left a vulnurability. Best they got was one big enough for kids.

None of them

They are leftist propaganda

>Nukes bad

>Think of the enemies fee fees

>Commies good Nazis bad

>Le epic pregnant female soldier

>Words that kill (defending censorship)

>Pro transexual and homosexual agenda

The game is also pro JizzBrain (literally every game has fan service to temp the player Into masturbation)

I only played Rising and I'm curious about the story but the gameplay looks shitty can someone explain the story?

Attached: 1562032274695.png (800x585, 512K)

Yeah but Hal was fuckin' that chicken when it happened.
I imagine Ocelot just quietly pushed him into the pool while baby Emma happened to be in his lap or some shit.
Purely hypothetical, of course, just seems more natural for the progression of the backstory, not just for Huey but moreso for Ocelot than anything.
I mean why wouldn't Ocelot approach Huey about REX? Seems logical.
Then again this is about a character who does shit seemingly at random just so the plot of Konami's next moneymaker can get rolling, so fuck if I can write headcanon like Kojima writes nonsense.

this but unironically

>475333979
>Nukes bad
id assume this one is obvious to anyone who isnt a shadow the egehe tier 14 year old
>Think of the enemies fee fees
this is a valuable lesson for mutt kids since most countries have armies of forcibly drafted human beings, not the robotic impotent circuckcised attack dogs that volunteer to go kill others for money in muttland

>Pro transexual and homosexual agenda
wut?

Phantom pain is fine. Problem is faggots who watched cinematic trailers over and over and were butthurt when it didn't stack up to the game of all time it was built up to be

Chick = quiet
And every game has a joke gay character
This tard is assuming it's propaganda because of that

Just like 4 tainted the series a decade before

Are you familiar with Raiden's backstory?
It's that. Again.
Except the child soldiers are being implanted into adult bodies.
I swear there are a dozen animes/movies with the same plot.

>I-its f-fi-fine
sure is reddit here today

It's almost as if the games are numbered in order

Remember that MG1 and MG2 are no longer canon.

Not the rising story I played that, I meant the story of MGS

Like a week ago there was some tard making threads about some "big reveal", but i don't keep in touch. Can somebody tell me what it was in the end?

The overarching plots are still canon.

Bullshit about a "Demon edition" that finishes the game and is called MGS5 instead of V.

Currently replaying the entire franchise is this the correct chronological story?
>MGS3
>MGS PW
>MGS GZ
>MGS TPP
>MG
>MG2
>MGS
>MGS2
>MGS4
>MGR

Attached: 1557681804733.jpg (317x494, 50K)

It is. It's nothing extraordinary, but it's solid for what it is.

Are we ever getting MGS6? Will it be good?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 402K)

Not really. Just to give a very quick example:
> In the "original" timeline Big Boss began building his nation in Zanzibar Land after the first Outer Heaven was destroyed.
> In the "new" timeline, Big Boss (the real one) begins to build his "true" Outer Heaven as soon as 1984, probably even earlier (remember: the part about him being in a coma is a lie).
> Miller knows the "truth" about Big Boss.
> Miller taught Solid Snake.
> Therefore, Miller, when Solid Snake was being sent to Venom's Outer Heaven, would simply say "No, kid, this is not the real Big Boss nor the real Outer Heaven".
> Therefore, MG1 would never happen.

And this is just one example amongst an ocean.

>no survive
>no demon edition

Just do the mainline. 1&2 are good, 3 is amazing, 4 is different. V is also different, but better than 4. I’ve never played PW but I really should.

Does anybody else remember the skateboarding mini game from 2? I don’t remember why, but I just did. That shit was great

doubt it, konami seems like they're out of the video game making business completely beyond mobiles and remasters.

Oh.
Fucking magnets, essentially (and in one case literally).
It's really not worth delving into. I stand to reason that the "storyline" isn't even close to being on par with the characters and their interactions, which vary so drastically in tone that your heads will be throbbing by the end.
Basic outline of every game is there's an evil organization, go fuck 'em up, and then it's just arbitrary twists and turns from there.
Also there's not a proper ending until 4, and it's terrible, so don't get too attached to the story.
If I'm being 100% honest, there's really no reason to play Metal Gear Solid. It's that sort of game you had to play when you were 8-13 or not at all. You might still find some entertainment in all the afforementioned, but the gameplay is so ass it's probably not even worth it.
Don't let anybody try to convince you that the gameplay holds up or was ahead of its time. Ice cubes melting in real time isn't gameplay, and MGS1 was king of the stealth genre for less than a year before the franchise's impact on the genre was buried indefinitely.
tl;dr You had to be there, but now here is here, and you can't go back to there. Play something else. Ignore D. Strand, game looks like hot trash.

Attached: 4282ECFB-0365-4449-80AB-5EF931DCDD86.jpg (326x287, 17K)

>shitskins
>human beings

SENE Order
(solid era, naked era)
IIRC, it's 1, 2, 4, then 3, PW, V

MGS1,2,3,4,PW,5. Though I can break it down a bit more if you want I suppose
>MGS1,4 are really solids story but 2 also is part of it
>2,4 and revengence are raidens
>3,PW,5 is Nakeds hur dur venom

If you want both a coherent story and decent gameplay play the Bog Boss games in chronological order: MGS3; Portable Ops; Peace Walker; Ground Zeroes; Phantom Pain. The "Solid Snake" games are:
- exteremely mediocre to bad,
- overhyped to hell and back,
- aged very poorly,
- are chock full or retcons and contradictions,

Attached: REVENGE.png (471x394, 250K)

>Coherent story
Why is Big Boss so attached to The Boss?
Why is Zero so obsessed with The Boss?
Why is Strangelove so obsessed with The Boss?
Why can Gene flashstep like nobody's business?
Coherent my fucking ass, this is Metal Gear baby, and its written by nips. Nothing coherent about it.

>Portable Ops
not canon, sweetie

In your order of questions:
> She's both his mother figure and lover.
> The man became obsessed with her "message", just like several other characters.
> She was in love with her, literally.
> Kevin Backon

>Why is Big Boss so attached to The Boss?

Literally just listen to the first codec in MGS3 with the boss again. I swear you guys like to go on about things never being subtle but then miss a whole lot regardless.

PoOPs not being canon tastes so much sweeter because of the real life canon that Kojima's son liked it.

the events are canon, but not the game itself.
i don't get what kojima meant either, don't worry.

Canon, my dear friend. Kojima is not the IP holder, nor ever was. It's still considered canon in the Metal Gear universe.

>Man on Fire is gene therapy Volgin instead of Python
BRAVO, KOJIMA

Attached: 3E4B8B85-56C8-4178-8CB1-298F138B98BA.gif (342x239, 921K)

He doesn't need to be the IP holder. He made the entire franchise what it is, and nobody else's vision matters when it comes to it.

>series is literally a game of telephone gone horribly wrong

No, he's just a single person in an entire company. He does not dictate, and never did, what is canon or not. He is not George Lucas, he does not hold the IP rights, nor ever did.

Real-time footage of Kojima devising the outline of Metal Gear's storied history

Attached: B2FC9202-185E-4E5E-96AE-DA1DC0B2D6E6.gif (400x480, 204K)

>He does not dictate
He's literally the director you nimrod.

Attached: 1538987491650.jpg (1024x577, 23K)

He was the VP and directed the series. Nobody else at Konami gives a shit about the series except the other devs on his team. Nobody else's word on it matters. Plus according to him portable ops is partially canon.

Yes, he's just the director, you are absolutely right. And as just the director, he never held the power to dictate what is canon or not without Konami's approval. Portable Ops has never been declared non-canon, and therefore, still is.

yikes, not an argument, try again dicklet

the actually white people of the world (like northern/ eastern europeans) are usually drafted without their consent, amerimutts are actual shitskins

Is this the thread that finally exposed TPP redditors for good?

>MUH GAY M PLAY YOU CANT PROVE ITS NOT GOOD
>write a detailed argument of why its terrible
>con artists vanish to "formulate their arguments" which will never pop up and the rest of the redditors just pretend nothing happened while sweating and dissociating

better do this in every thread about reddit gear solid from now on

>slavs
>white
keep telling yourself that ivan

Attached: 1546970977255.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Just don't skip Peace Walker. It's true MGS game made with passion unlike 4 and 5. If Konami ever decides to go back to the series it should start with Peace Walker remaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=28CbH2EiwAc

fpbp
i played 3 and V and they were disappointing

>If Konami ever decides to go back to the series it should start with a remaster
What are you, a Nintendo fan? I'd rather want a new game

But can they pull it off? It's possible if they bring Fukushima back and some other staff members including David Hayter as Snake. Fans are still angry so they would need to do something about that first.

Just make a good MGS game and they redeem themselves, MGSurvie could've been amazing if... well if it wasn't MGSurvive.

There's no point to play Peace Walker and TPP after playing MGS4, i recommend to play them after MGS3 Snake Eater.

When the fuck are they gonna port MGO2 to PC?

this is literrally retard way bring mga back
>fukushima
fuck with that meme

it would be decent it wasn’t reuse asset the game.

>The memories, I want to give them to you
>So you can see, what we left there

youtu.be/A9JV0EvCkMI

Attached: 50925307_2349032068664452_3678541011761537970_n.jpg (1031x1126, 71K)

never. wait for the emulation to get good.

So never?

Attached: 1411018615221.gif (350x280, 941K)

the war has changed...

where is it.

MG2 > MGS1 > MGS2 > MGS3 > MGSPW > MGSGZ > MGSV > MG1 > MGS4 > MGR

>Python
Portable Ops stopped being canon before MGSV even came out.

I really need to stop procrastinating with my plans to take over my country so I can make Metal Gear real.

Attached: 1411022920856.jpg (1150x818, 218K)