For me, its No Mercy. The best L4D map

for me, its No Mercy. The best L4D map

Attached: No_Mercy.jpg (1106x1474, 672K)

>3 players have voted to have you kicked

>vote passed!
>you will be kicked now!

Dark Carnival is better

But For me, it’s Dark Carnival the kino Left 4 Dead map

Attached: 99CD901D-CBA9-4FFF-A5E3-DA169909B957.png (750x520, 207K)

I wish the l l4d2 ports of the maps had the flavor zombies like the nightgown undead when you got to the hospital and such. Apparently though it couldn't be done because of the new gore model. If l4d2 had those it would still be my favorite campaign. Otherwise I'm gonna have to go with Dark Carnival. Dead Center 2nd place

Grabbin Peeels!

Can't get any better.

Attached: HardRain.jpg (800x1021, 141K)

this

I literally just played No Mercy on L4D2 and it had the nightgown zombos

God, L4D was such a fresh experience came out. I stayed up two nights in a row in university playing it with friends online. It was so much god damn fun.

Actually the Parish was great too. The there wasn't a l4d2 campaign I didn't like spare for the passing but even that was fun because of the gameplay twist and being that guy who stays behind. Only campaign I can think of that I really didn't like or thought was forgettable was the toll crossing one

>CTRL V ent_witch in your path

It's the map I hate playing the most, for all the right reasons.

Damn really? This was years ago. Did they patch it in or was I always just retarded? In that case it's my favorite

You're thinking of The Sacrifice. The Passing is the one where you play as the L4D2 survivors

Literal best. The first time I played it I couldn't belive how good the atmoshpere is.

Actually maybe you're right. Idk. It had the hospital gown with the zombies ass sticking out. Is that the one you mean?

I can't argue with you there.
It is pure fucking kino

There literally isn't a bad map in the whole franchise. Maybe Swamp Fever is kind of weak but it's still decent at worst

Oh yeah my bad. It's been years since I played any of them but this thread got me wanting to play once again.
In the spirit of the thread, what kind of ideas does Yea Forums think valve has for l4d3? (Assuming they are interested in even making it)

>split second to kill yourself or blast team with autoshotty

Isn't it getting a spiritual successor with Back 4 Blood made by Turtle Rock?

Yeah. If I recall correctly the old levels didn't always have those level unique zombies when they initially moved the game over. I'm glad to know they're there though. Same for the others the airport workers, the airport workers, normal generic zombies with different clothes. L4d2 had that gore model thing so all the normal zombies had like 20 different presets. And levels in 2 had uniques with abilities (like the clown, hazmat guys) but not just normal, different skins depending on the campaigns like the old game used to have. So idk if they added it later, but regardless, I really enjoyed the l4d1 campaigns for their settings and seeing contemporary American stuff modeled in the source engine activates me

First time hearing about this, ty

>that last sentence
You are my nigga. I love L4D's setpieces and atmosphere maybe more than it deserves. There's just a certain quiet verisimilitude to it all. Also they did add certain campaign-unique CI back in that weren't there for the initial map ports. But I wish they'd done the work to overhaul all the L4D1 CI with the gore system, or disabled it and just used the old models for the old campaigns. It's an artistic cohesion thing.

Why does Zoey have two right hands?

For me....it's Dead Air

Dead Air is the best though

Dude Death Toll was sick!! Remember the beach boulder cheese while you wait for the tugboat. Muh crouch jump

>You'll never be twelve and play Dead Center as your first campaign again
Fuck.

L4D2 co-op with my school friends is why I bought a 360 pretty much

She looks all-right to me, user.

i played them so much that i literally had them both on the pc and the xbox 360, do alot of people still play it?

>mah buddy Keith

I just think it's the magic of the source engine, I don't know what it is. I get that same feeling when I walk around some of the American CSGO maps as well. Just love seeing ordinary American stuff like strip malls and suburbs being represented. Unrelated but I also really enjoy some specific maps like house in rainbow 6 seige for this same reason. Shitty designed map from a gameplay standpoint but I love the look and feel

For me, it's Amity Airfield.

Attached: chrome_2019-08-24_02-07-01.png (1000x518, 342K)

Not him but how do you not see it? It was infamously known back then

For me its Death Toll
Also am I imagining this or didnt there used to be a map on a lighthouse?? Not a mod it came with the game I believe, did Valve remove it?

Attached: EFD20780-5CCE-4B18-BA1D-5AAB574C2C84.jpg (1024x576, 151K)

It was the first Survival map. That was the patch where they nerfed the gun bash melee

Still remember this exact house, the yellow light inside, such a memorable game bros

I wanna go back to 2009

For me its Helms Deep survival

Attached: 1545619645937.gif (246x200, 495K)

>L4D
Zoey
>L4D2
Ellis

If you played as anyone else then you suck.

Bill, then zoey.

I remember when people complained that l4d2 was released too early (??????). Dude it's fuckimg kino what are you complaining about

>L4D
Francis
>L4D2
Ellis

>L4D
Bill
>L4D2
Coach

I'm a Ellis main

It was almost exactly 1 year later (364 days). At a time where the "yearly rehash" was a real ongoing concern.

People were worried the quality would drop and the franchise would be milked to death. Turns out they were wrong.

>first time playing
>get scared as shit
>hide in one of the first living rooms that has a TV and lamps and shit still working
>scared shitless when a horde spawns because I'm idling

L4D3 fucking WHEN

>Fucking around with a friend in the hallway at the start of the No Mercy finale
>Tank spawns
>Run back to the start because I think safe rooms are impenetrable
>Motherfucking tank just punches the saferoom door off of its hinges

Attached: 1424299805933.gif (221x196, 410K)

>pouring rain outside with green lighting
>inside the safe room is a warm yellow
Comfy as fuck. The way to achieve ultimate comfy is to have imminent danger at every turn, but a way to block it out.

opinion on cold stream?

>demo for l4d comes out
>only has half of no mercy
>still the most fun I'd had in years
>played it for easily 20 hours in total
>l4d comes out, put hundreds of hours into it
Why don't games make me feel this way anymore? Is it that the new games just aren't the same or is it me?

Attached: 1494731574255.gif (500x300, 645K)

Playing through l4d for the first time with my old steam bros is a high point for me.
I miss that kind of thing. I haven't talked to any of them in like 10 years.

Games aren't released as "finished" anymore.
Demos rarely exist, usually hiding behind the guise of "closed betas" that anyone can get into.
Developers no longer focus on making a game replayable for the sake of fun, but instead making a reward system that constantly farts out xp or cosmetics because they couldn't make the game itself interesting enough to warrant replaying.

Attached: Drinking.png (500x597, 119K)

my favorite l4d1 campaign is probably death toll, l4d2 its gotta be hard rain. in general i think the left 4 dead 1 campaigns were better but they're all good.

So much this

I remember playing the demo with Yea Forumsirgins over and over, grinding the hardest difficulty(unlucky Tank at the start of the subway with no molotovs on that difficulty was an absolute fucking pain)
good times.
And then I played it with a group of three and I remember looking out over the skyline from the under construction party of the hospital and getting real excited.
played a lot more of 2 when it all came down to it but 1 left a fierce impression and the survivor camaraderie is so fucking good

>L4D
All 4
>L4D2
Ellis

You are now aware that Zoey has 3 hands on this picture

everytime
>one time got a friend request form a dude after doing this. go offline then return to 50+ msg's of seething

Attached: 1566155630558.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

Alright just let me get out ma little desert eagle.

Attached: de.jpg (1372x992, 90K)

>now
user, this was back in the day when fan wikis of games had Trivia sections two paragraphs long for everything.

what were they THINKING?

everyone knew that retard

Trash.

>ywn have a friend like Keith

"some okay parts, janky, empty feeling other parts, some cool thoughts but lacks better level direction"

>l4d
zoey
>2
rochelle
i feel like i'm the only rochelle player in the world. i play her because i don't really like anyone in the L4D2 cast that much so i let my friends pick their preferred characters and she's all that's left. i guess her bright pink/red shirt is good because i'm usually ahead of the pack and that keeps my bad friends focused on following me.

Attached: 1470569255791.png (377x330, 6K)

Hello I am the sole reason L4D1 is the superior game.

Attached: Jockeyclose.png (371x444, 170K)

>L4D
Bill or Francis
>L4D2
Nick

Louis
Ellis/Nick

Really as long as I'm not Francis or Rochelle, I'm fine. But those are my first picks.

>L4D
Francis
>L4D2
Coach

Come at me faggot.

>forceed to wait while spitter goo clears up

It's not just you l4d and to some extent hl2 have something that makes them incredibly comfy.

>It's another Cold Stream map 2 campaign where the randoms use all the health early and use the bile before the run

Attached: 1480291356384.jpg (524x468, 90K)

Why was this happening? I'm sure I wasn't playing bad.

GET THAT ASS KICKED

You are not alone, my friend. Just can't hate someone with good taste in music.

L4D2 has no survivor death ragdolls other than ledge falling because they all need to look the same way for the defib animation. I HATE IT.

Hope mines a football

Attached: football.jpg (1373x989, 69K)

L4D>L4D2

Just faggots acting like fags.

>join public lobby
>host starts
>game loads
>host calls vote on me when intro cutscene ends
>three yes instantly

Just block them and move on.

Maybe the football....
...heh....
...maybe it's made of chocolate :^)

Fuck it I'm re-installing. It's 5am you cunts, I hope you're happy.

It's been like 5 years, but fuck me now I want to replay it.
Are randoms still awful these days?

What are some absolutely kino custom campaigns?

Attached: 767999000_preview_l4d_yama_10135.jpg (1600x900, 351K)

Expert campaign/realism is still a lot of fun, I do a campaign a day. Sometimes you breeze through, other times you have to babysit a bunch of twats, still entertaining.

Stay away from random versus realism and campaigns above normal and you should be fine.

Cool.

Start a vote against anyone at any time for no reason and there's a 50/50 chance it'll pass. The people who play Left 4 Dead online aren't sentient.

Is that the one with the part of going into the japanese shrine? That custom map was kino AF

Is l4d2 still alive?

i remember this shit like it was yesterday

Attached: 9.gif (400x226, 1.6M)

>get xbox 360
>spend hours playing just the left 4 dead 2 demo
GoldSrc and Source is just so comfy. You just know Source 2 is going to be missing a bit of the magic (if it ever gets used for anything besides Dota and Dota: Autochess)

It was only ten years ago, user.

neither did Ellis

>only

Attached: index.gif (500x280, 55K)

Night Terror is pure kino, and so is the entire Space Jockeys saga.

You literally need a friend to play with to avoid this votekicking faggotry.

fucking based

*ruins your server*

I hate when some dumbass disturbs the witch and I have to shoot him to save him but I'm not equipped with something that can kill her by myself fast enough and the other two dumbasses don't know what to do and then he dies and then I get kicked for "killing" the guy

I

Fucking

Hate

Everyone

Dunning-Kruger effect

It's always going to be the shitter noobs that can't shoot to save their lives who think they're carrying you because you're the only one who gets his teammates' backs while they let you eat shit so you have low health and theirs is all full because you did such an excellent job of keeping those idiots safe

And then they open their mouths to talk shit over their mics

For me, it's My City.

Attached: 1553949801311.png (1280x960, 927K)

>even the thread is comfy
Thanks Bros

I'm about to buy a farm

Patrician taste

I really miss the experience of discovering this game for the first time. It was the first and only time I really loved a multi-player game. The world of l4d1 still felt threatening, the sequel neutered it with too much daylight and comedy.

great games

Death toll and the farm had the best atmosphere

Is source the engine with the most soul

When HL2 came out, it single handedly killed every Half Life mod that was being worked on or updated. On top of that, it was unfinished and buggy. Playing Half Life 2 even now, something feels off about it.

Source has been updated numerous times, graphically and performance wise, in the past decade. Half-Life 2, and Team Fortress 2, don't look the same due to that reason. Left 4 dead hasn't been touched, however. Good thing is, you can always revert to a previous version of source, going all the way back to 2004.

brutha, I know how you feel, its like all the gameplay all the joy, all the story has been sucked out of games
and all that's left is empty shells that a AI machine learning trying to imitate video games would churn out