I dont get it what was the moral of this game

i dont get it what was the moral of this game

Attached: NieR_Automata_201604_SS_2B9S_01_ONLINE.0.jpg (1600x900, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18530146
youtube.com/watch?v=kVo7I574cu0&list=PLv8QW8zcEXw0CUqdDooDSsMRYn6VPMNP2&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kawaiiness

Attached: __yorha_no_2_type_b_and_yorha_no_9_type_s_nier_series_and_etc_drawn_by_fajyobore323__f59aa1342524e78 (614x800, 417K)

Life is what you make it.

Should I finally get this game for pc? Don't have a controller so it would be kb + m.

2B didn't have ass jiggle. That was extremely disappointing, considering the main focus was her ass.

strawpoll.me/18530146

Attached: pose-jiggle.gif (640x290, 1.4M)

Unironically the moral is that the purpose of life love (since the God is dead)

Or that love can fill the void left by the absence of God

Wow, that’s so deep

Attached: 621994E9-FEC4-445E-8F75-FA3F809C3923.png (421x323, 286K)

nihilism

>its a "robots have human emotions" theme
worst taro game

Attached: 1536994230513.png (525x698, 587K)

No, the moral is that we have to keep on fighting to evolve.
We're too primitive for life to have a purpose yet.
N2 did nothing wrong.

How exactly did androids evolve in thousands of years of wars?

Don't buy Yoko Taro games again

Attached: wNzdANg.gif (169x271, 499K)

live and be happy

People will help others even if they have nothinbg to gain from it (ending E save data erase)

Life is a series of embarrassments but you gotta make the best of it.

300lbs of pussy and ass

"God is Love" is a Christian idea

Atheists are almost all Christians and they don't even know it.

There is no Love but God's huh
Neat how they realized the first thing to fill the void after God would be love and hijacked it

>th-they hijacked it
No they realised that both God and Love were one in the same, not "durr there is no love but God's", a retarded interpretation of that line

The moral is the last spoken line of the game.

>realised that both God and Love
you would need to do function of mental gymnastics to think that

everything dies eventually

nothing means anything, don't think too hard on it lmao t.yokotaro

The line is literally "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love" and nothing else in the passage says "hurr God's love is the only love".

life is meaningless we gotta find meaning in a meaningless world muh existentialism plot yadda yadda

That makes God someone you can much easier relate to, the thing is love can exist without a God.

THERE IS NO MORAL
YOU FINISH THE STORY FOR ME

It doesn't, it just means that God IS relation. Love and God exist regardless of whether or not you believe in it, because it's one in the same

that life's meaning is the struggle. There is no predestined purpose, there is no God, all there is is the struggle, and finding small things to be happy about along the way, relationships that make you happy, accomplishments that make you happy.

The jank difficulty got that message through without machines and androids going on about reasons and feelings

“Love is god” is a basic moral concept that Christianity claimed for itself

None of the other abrahamic or world religions believe it though, so it's not as "basic" as it first appears.

The whole game is fucking high-school tier existentialism.

Androids and machines represent humanity, they fight against eachother because they think they're different even though they are ultimately the same.

Mankind is an allegory for religion/god, "glory to mankind!" and the revelation that their "god" is dead clearly is supposed to symbolize the religious disillusionment humans went through.

TL;DR: We're all just meat robots maaaaaaan...

Attached: 1563024398810.jpg (480x608, 126K)

don't
the PC port is utter garbage, without a controller you won't even go through the first playthrough

Attached: nyaaag.jpg (640x739, 59K)

>game literally ends with the line "life is not worth living unless you have something to live for"

Its a real galaxy brain level head scratcher and thats fer true m8.

I played it with KBaM first and it was okay, but dashing got really old since it's a double press directional. Maybe that could be remedied with autohotkey or something, but the game felt much better to play with a DS4 controller.

Attached: 1552683199202.jpg (757x1024, 128K)

Shota incels

Didn't N2 or some report say that both machines and androids acted different during every reset? Like, more and more of them tried to mimic human behavior as time went on or something?

The real moral is, is to not hate "god" but love him and others since that's what makes life worth living.
It's a very Christian game.

Buy a Logitech F310 for $20 or spend a bit more on an Xbox 360 pad. If you're a PC gamer you should be taking advantage of the fact that you can use any control method available, and that includes gamepads for games like this.

The game is an interesting take on existentialism.
Almost every character in the game goes through the same loop of realizing that whatever it was they thought was their purpose in life was a lie, and that realization usually completely destroys them. This happens to the yorha androids, the machines, the humans that were perpetuating a "cure" for the white chlorination syndrome that they knew was almost certainly doomed to fail. Almost every character is torn apart by the realization that their purpose in life was ultimately a fabrication - and that they have been living in a perpetual cycle of meaninglessness.
The ultimate moral of the game was that we have the power to break the cycle of creating and adhering to those false gods. Fuck whatever purpose in life you're being told to pursue. For the Japanese, this is an especially prevalent sentiment as their lives are almost completely dictated by the notion that they need to work their asses off in order to be considered good and upstanding citizens. The game ultimately says that, even though it is really fucking difficult - and you're gonna catch a lot of shit for doing so, you need to break free of perpetuating that cycle in your own life. Tackle existentialism for yourself and make your life your own. Don't simply listen to others and find yourself living a life without any meaning for you personally.

I could also be full of shit. The game can be obtuse to say the least. I've been reflecting on it a lot lately though and this is one of the only common threads I was able to come up with. The game is definitely a take on existentialism, but it leaves any determination of morals up to the player - which is a pretty shitty copout for finding a solution to existential angst.

>what was the moral of this game

Attached: 1 sQP-pflZr6j-gmjBou0Eww.png (1270x798, 165K)

the theme of the game is learning your entire world is a lie, said world going to shit but still soldiering on towards a better future
surviving because of love

Attached: 1553367341450.png (923x1200, 690K)

good post

this.

is this hack just working on mobile games and MMOs now?

create sexbots now

> God exist regardless of whether or not you believe in it
lol

Do you believe in love?
Then you believe in God, is the Christian idea

We should be mindful of what we leave behind when we're gone.

I don't really know how you could finish the game and still not "get it"

Attached: give up.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

the fact that theres a play that gives background astounds me

youtube.com/watch?v=kVo7I574cu0&list=PLv8QW8zcEXw0CUqdDooDSsMRYn6VPMNP2&index=1

for me, it's the commander

Attached: 1491621396188.jpg (1611x2891, 701K)

It's the one part about Yoko Taro's work that simultaneously interests and annoys me. I really like that he's branching into other forms of media in order to tell an unfolding story - having the fiction unfold deeper and deeper as you research more about it is a pretty fun feeling. That said, going to those sources firsthand feels like a chore in this case. He picks some really weird ways to continually add to these stories.

You won't get it if didn't play the whole series.
If you just focused on Drakengard that ends with NieR's scenario, then the moral would be: reality can bend its will on even the hardest men.
If it's just NieR, and the disease is a random occurrence, then the moral would be: going against tides of fate ends poorly.
If it's just Automata, then it is: never fail to see past your own bias.
If it's the tragedy of it all then the moral would be: fate is unchangeable but you can stop going with its waves.
Throughout the whole series Taro says more than once that you can stop the events from happening by simply turning the game off. Removing your memories and turning away would also be one way to do it.

>The game can be obtuse to say the least.
It is extremely clear. Yoko is many things but obtuse and cryptic he is not. All the themes are surface level and mostly spelled out for you and you're basically 95% on the money.

I guess I should clarify a bit.
Thematically the game isn't very obtuse, but many lore details don't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me personally.
It's namely stuff to do with white chlorination syndrome, specific details about the androids and machines that aren't really hammered out in the game. A lot of this stuff he seems to be clarifying through supplemental stuff like the plays, but I'm still stuck with a lot of questions that many people seem to have differing opinions on. The fact that we can all have access to the same story material and arrive at different explanations for things is what leads me to say that things are obtuse.

This was also my first Yoko Taro game and inspired me to play the rest, so maybe I'm just remembering that feeling of when I was drowning in information and stuff that didn't make any damn sense when I first played through the game. I played it after people said that I wouldn't need background information to understand the premise and after playing through completely I wholeheartedly disagreed with the people that gave me that recommendation. The game is best taken as a whole with the rest of the series IMO.

>It's an "user didn't get every robot was made from Emil clones hence why they have emotions because they were once part of a human"
The "plant cells" on machines where Emil cores dumbass

Curious that bunch of people say PC port sucks, but I may be the only person I didn't get any trouble with it.

Attached: 1439321393631.jpg (609x676, 34K)

Nietzsche approves

The storybook segments definitely felt clusterfucky, every single one let me feeling all like, "did I miss something? who the fuck are these characters? who was the alligatorbot's mom?

I would say the game it's more about determinism.

>Mmmm. I see. It seems this Nietzsche was quite the profound thinker.
>Or perhaps he skipped right past profound and went straight to crazy instead.

The moral of the story is Nier didn't need a sequel.

Attached: lalalalala.png (1703x1080, 1.81M)

Makes me feel fuzzy.

Thoughts?

Attached: 2B Loves 9S.png (584x69, 15K)

There's a mod that you need to download from nexus that makes dodge bind to a key and makes the 2D firing sections follow a reticle (tough when the perspective changes a lot there's a little fuckery).

that the world is cruel, unfair and most of it has been decided by people long before you were born.
but if you fight hard enough you still have a chance to reach happiness

what type of retard plays games with KB and mouse?

is 9s the only male looking robot in the entire game?

>love is the christian idea
LOL

have sex

No, there are some in the resistance camp.
He's the only male yorha unit we see, and that is clarified a bit in one of the plays. It follows a test group of male yorha combat units. TL;DR is that male units are super fucked up when put in combat roles (even though the test they had was already pretty fucking terrible to begin with and wasn't really fair to my dudes), so they instead are relegated to scanner roles. 9S is the only scanner unit we see.

>I dind't study Nietzsche and I think he was crazy LUL
Amor fati homie, maybe you should begin with that and realize how nietzsche philosophy was in reality.

>he didn't realize it was literally a quote from a character in the game

Kapp

"We're gonna shout it loud, even if the words seem meaningless. It's like I'm carrying the weight of the world." There's your moral

kill yourself

Philosophy has nothing to do with reality in the first place, it's just retarded mental LEGO bullshit (sprinkled with some far-out chuunibyou in Nietzsche's case).

>is that male units are super fucked up when put in combat roles
like are they just bad at fighting or does their male emotion lead to them going crazy more often and are therefor regraded as too dangerous?

Discordianism exists, you moron.

Male emotions lead them to go crazy. They come to the conclusion that male combat units can't work together as a team well enough to be suitable for regular use, so they go in solo as scanners instead. The play showcased a lot of infighting and the male units questioning orders from command as well as each other.

I’m pretty sure there’s another one you meet in the forest that had a sidequest

Christianity is the most inconsistent bullshit I have ever come across. None of you morons even know what you actually believe in.

You're right, I forgot that there are a few others in the game. The guy in the forest as well as one in the bunker who can fuse your chips together. There might be others as well but I can't remember.

Kinda supported by 9S's rapidly deteriorating mental state.
I mean, lots of shit happens to the poor kid, but still.

That's probably because each individual denomination can subscribe to a COMPLETELY different interpretation of just about any aspect of christianity. Thinking that catholics would believe the exact same thing as lutherans for example would be completely inane given how those two versions of christianity separated from one another. Within some (but not all) church communities, there is a bit more consistency. taken as the whole of just "christianity" there's no way you can expect everyone to be on the same page - there's just too many goddamn people.

is there an explanation why 9S seems to be younger in both younger personality and appearance then both 2B and AS?

Quality post

Contrast the meltdown of 9S to the breakdowns of 2B and A2 when they finally reach their ends and discover the meaninglessness of their existences. 9S freaks the fuck out, while those two maintain some kind of directive for themselves and continue to work with purpose. They don't go off the rails the same way that 9S does.

You clearly haven't studied a lot of eastern or african or pagan religions if you have come to that conclusion

Thanks dudes. Been thinking about this game a lot recently and have been looking for reasons to discuss it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190824-071334_YouTube.jpg (1157x224, 141K)

god is dead and there's no purpose to life

Holy shit someone actually finally posted the answer. Thanks man.

>The entire core of Automata is determinism
>Philosophy has nothing to do
This is the level of /v, nice argument BTW.

Taro likes /ss/?
Its easier to do the whole "goth" thing with small boys than it is adult men?
Boys are generally seen as frail as opposed to women?
Could be anything.

9S doesn't break down he completely snaps.
2B dying and the eventual fate of 21B ends up accelerating it all the more.

>god is dead
duh, it's a jrpg after all. of course god is dead, a bunch of school children killed him with the power of friendship

>user you fuck up, and this is a example why
>LUL DUDE was quoting a phrase that only me say it's in the game, haha
If you ain't wanna argument and only insult, you should leave the thread, my fellow neanderthal

Just found this while researching 9S and other male scanner/combat models. Has some juicy details in there. This is a timeline translated from the strategy guide. Most notable is that 9S is rolled out right before the male combat test goes berserk, and that a few of the points actually take place after the events of the game.

Attached: Nier_Timeline.png (1578x2511, 363K)

Anyone able to translate this post into english? I don't speak whatever this is supposed to be

Zero trouble here as well. Though I played with controller.

How do you not have a gamepad lying around? It's definitely worth a playthrough. You can tell what kind of story it's going to tell but the mystery and world is interesting enough to keep you going.

Tribalism is a nigger idea.

Christians are almost all niggers and they don't even know it.

>cutscenes locked in 30 fps, the game is locked in 60
>no proper fullscreen, the resolutions don't work properly
>needs some mid-high hardware even tho it looks like a fucking xbox360 game (at least 2B has a bajillion pixels on her steel ass)
>the controls are garbage with m&kb, the bullethell parts are borderline unplayable
>crashes are frequent enough to justify an autosave system, but that's not there...

Attached: chaika2.gif (461x498, 1.01M)

I finished the entire game on hard with mouse and keyboard. Get gud, casual.

butt

The guy who was collecting Yorha chips to give himself a daughteru (Male).

no

Attached: 20180601151114_1.jpg (1193x329, 16K)

>NNOOOO
What the fuck was 9S's problem?