Opponent outplays you in every way

>opponent outplays you in every way
>cant even get mad anymore

Attached: 1566244548790.jpg (679x665, 70K)

When your opponent is so exceedingly better than you the game becomes boring. Not because you lost. But you have no room to get good.

>bait him into saying racist shit
>report racist fuck
>see him complaining on the game’s subreddit or forum
on a scale of 1 to based how based is this

What the fuck am I reading, please get out of Yea Forums

Just call him a tryhard.

Getting outplayed > making a mistake > rng fucks you > brain-dead teammates

Least to most frustrating ways to lose

If you gets stomped and there is actually nothing you can do about it. And continue to get stomp. You lose interest in the game.
Which is why it's better to take on opponents of similar or slightly higher skill. So you can learn off each other or slowly adapt to the more skilled player. But when you go up against something you can't even fathom you are overwhelms and nothing you will change that. You learn nothing from the encounter but your own futility. Leading to disinterest in the game.
It's why high skilled Chess, Go, and Shogi players play teaching games. As to not overwhelm and drive away players.

>one cannot get good by observing
How did you learn literally anything

When you have nowhere to start. What is there to observe?

>teammate is slightly better than you
>next game he is on the other team
>close match but he still wins
>get upset but accept the lost quickly and the fact that it was a good challenging game

Attached: tenor.gif (234x240, 1.8M)

Everything.

Don't get mad get even.

>tfw when 9 times out of ten you lose against humans but in any games versus A.I. you're decent at best

It's not so bad being below average in everything.

>lose because you are not adderal pumped up 16 year old anymore

Time to git good.

I haven't experienced this in years, league play is a wildly different environment than random pugs, I miss it

>play MB warband multiplayer on console
>get best score and two deaths in first try
>faggots wants to ban me

>always beat the AI with ease
>can't ever win over a human player, no matter how shitty they are

Why are people so...unpredictable?

What's worse Yea Forums, getting shitstomped when you're playing near your peak or playing so uncharacteristically awful that you're just cucking yourself out of a win?

Attached: 1555069253454.jpg (514x623, 117K)

>accept that some one is better then the game than you.
>consider it a personal challenge to git gud and beat him one day.

Forgot Warband got a console port
I can't imagine the combat translating well to a controller at all, nevermind the army commands in battle

Cringe/1

I played it on a controller and the command input takes a little to get used to but its actually surprisingly easy controlling an army. Combat was fine, barely any difference really.

Peak performance because getting better is much more difficult. Playing badly and failing is like par for the course

>can only handle pvp in games that have large numbers at once because anxiety of failing the team in small settings
fuckin send help

You're an retarded ESL. Great opponents should inspire you to get on their level and have such a mastery of the game like they do. You just lack ambition.

>rage quitting a public gta online session after being killed once by the guy who had the supplies you were trying to destroy

Attached: 1418868754037.png (388x399, 132K)

Cringe.

>opponent outplays you
>realize he's more experienced/skilled than you
>adapt and make unusual, suboptimal movements to trip him up

Maximum basedness

>unusual, suboptimal movements to trip him up
Fuck shootan games with an in-built pre-fire delay mechanic, you start doing random shit and it's guaranteed to work because the opponent won't be able to correct his crosshair/aim in time before he ends up getting killed.

Attached: stickybidya.png (600x600, 27K)

devilsh

Talk mad shit constantly like you're the MVP even if you're doing the worst in the lobby, have fun with it, eventually someone will snap and you'll see that having people mad at you over the internet really isn't so bad

Attached: 1548692458495.jpg (200x200, 5K)

>pre-fire delay mechanic
Yeah, those are inherently ass to aim with and frustrating to use. I'm saying doing things as simple as going towards a health-pack and then going around it, just to throw off projectiles that need a bit of prediction to get hits.

If the skill gap between you and an opponent is too big then nothing you do works and everything he does works.
You can't even really observe what it is that he's actually doing because you don't have the frame of reference for it.

It's just tiresome at some point.
>ESL
Why am i seeing this so often recently? I'm assuming it's not E-Sports League

Esl is english as a second language
It means that their grasp of the language is as if they dont speak it natively

Where did that come from?

>try to play LoL
>too stupid to figure it out
>kind of want to try dota 2 but know it will be the same result
Guess i'm too dumb. I'll stick with eroge

Its a common term in american schools
Kids who come from other countries are usually put in ESL courses so they can practice the language and not get completely left in the dust during the year

thanks

I've only seen it being posted since maybe march at the earliest. Like have sex, dial8, cope and seething.

Its been posted for years, user
You are just recently noticing

It's because you only seek victory when you should seek improvement and asking yourself why you did an action, versus why you opponent did theirs. If you know your opponent is exceedingly better and want to be as good, then actually respect his talents and set ego aside.
I've played sets with a a guy at our locals who's gotten into top 8 at a major for the fighting game we playing, and he washes me 30 to 0 before I take a break. I may not win a game, but when I avoid some shit, or finally not fall for something and find out a solid response, it feels great because I went in not expecting to just beat him. When I adapt throughout the set, it never seems like anything different is going on at first glance since he is always a few steps ahead of me and ends up winning, but it helps strengthen my play by getting used to thinking about that instead only playing with some of the others where I can win most but not all of the time, and get stagnant in running people over with a flowchart habit.

Must be pretty new because i'm only 24 and i've never heard of esl classes. In MY day the foreign kid had to suck it up and adapt.

>someone trash talks, misspelling the keywords bots pick up like "fukc you ksy bicht niga"
>pretend to be retarded and not understand
>eventually he spells it correctly
>report
>instant feedback
I get so fucking hard

Attached: 123523576345.jpg (640x480, 37K)

>opponent plays an OP character, deck or weapon over and over
>no skills just following the same combination every other meta user does
>no room to improve because the mechanics are unlike anything else in the game due to their overpoweredness
>everyone does this except you because you like to play different things
>dev knows the shit is broken but doesn’t care either because they are shit or it makes them money

Fuck meta users so fuckin boring playing the same shit all the time why play a game if you don’t like variety? Worse if you couch coop with them and end up throwing them out.

>open *insert competitive multiplayer game here*
>play for 10 mins
>get shat on
>alt+f4
>hour passes
>repeat

Attached: 1566641223856.jpg (512x512, 28K)

Im only 22, I even heard of them in early grade school

>Play TF2
>Get bodied by soldiers, demos, spies and snipers
>Get bodied every time I try to play those classes because I can't land hits reliably
I-I guess it's Pyro and Scout for me, huh lads...

This is exactly why I can't get in to fighting games. You either get stomped by some dude who's been playing the series for 15 years and spends hours in training practising combos or you get someone who just bought the game and won't play it after 5hrs and you end up rolling them, there is almost no middle ground.

You would have learned that shit 10x faster against an opponent who is only slightly better than you and does only a couple things you don't know instead of two dozen things you don't know.
Practicing against people who are miles ahead of you is not wise. Sure, you will eventually learn something but you would have learned it much faster if you could actually try it in the match without getting shut down 90% of the time.

It varies on where you are. I'm 21 and never heard about ESL classes but my sister is teaching in california and she complains about the ESL kids being uncooperative shitheads.

>muh racism

yeah I think you need to go home to reddit

>play any class other than pyro in TF2
>get bodied instantly
>don't even like Pyro, he's just the only class i don't get instakilled on
>the one time i'm having fun i get autobalanced
why does it keep happening bros?

>opponent is much more skilled and keeps stomping you without giving you any chance
>manage to win once due to bad rng
>"gg ez noob" and quit the game

Attached: 1451852470405.jpg (542x600, 33K)

I'm just saying it's not useless, especially since if it's offline, I can ask questions and he can give immediate feedback, and I'm also not gonna be an ass and dodge him/get off the setup every week he wants to play.
As long as you tie everything back to basics, and actually take note of things and FOLLOW UP on them one step at a time on your own time, you can get something out of it. Training mode isn't just for combos.

>play game
>get buttmad when I lose
>quit
>repeat next day

how do I stop this? my bursts of anger are getting really bad

Observation is utterly worthless in any actual competitive game. Do you really think observation will teach you how to properly react, or the necessary muscle memory, or proper clicking or anything else? You could watch any RTS for tens of thousands of hours and you would still be in the bottom percentile of the remaining playerbase. Getting good requires actual practice, and very few people are going to practice for years on an AI since any human partners would kick your ass so hard that all you'd learn is what time to give up.

This

Get a gf who keeps sucking after you nutted in her throat, it works

I used to have fun as a kid doing my best to think of creative ways of killing the people who were so far better than me at doom.

>friend of mine is better than me on tekken
>I know I have a bigger dick than him
>never get mad because of it

Attached: 1470147791943.jpg (458x458, 40K)

Agree, never get angry when outplayed in a fair, balanced game such as Quake or SC2.
Maybe bored, but lots of times I simply was amazed but what they did and tried to learn it.

>Be support (Moira)
>Heal well over 27.000 HP
>Lose 2-3

T-thanks, guys..

>outplay your opponent so much that it just becomes sad
>can't even enjoy the win because you feel bad for the obvious mismatch

>Curbstomping in an impromptu scout vs scout on hightower
>He slowly gets better and better, I start to choke
>Gets to the point where hes killing me every time effortlessly when before it was the other way around

Felt like I was fighting a learning AI.

Attached: 1564819112193.jpg (750x714, 48K)

>think about friends dick all the time
user...

Sounds like you're a noob, pyro's legitimately the weakest class. You probably don't get killed as quickly because you aren't perceived as a threat.

>trashtalking teammate for being bad because he's terrible
>queue up the next game
>he's on the enemy team
I don't know why but this shit scares me so much. I'm always afraid that they are going to magically git gud and destroy me or something even though it never happens and they usually just say nothing the entire game.

Attached: 1564571424761.png (699x463, 90K)

Not him but in my opinion it's much faster to learn fundamentals by fighting the pro player than fighting your equal because learning to block the hard stuff will naturally build your skills much better than only blocking half the time against someone who will also just play aggressive like you.

Yes, its just like in sports if you see the ball thrown a particular way enough times you will get a feel for how to intercept it.

Just like if you see overhead attack coming enough times in the corner that your opponent is likely to use you'll more naturally block high.

Lots. Watch replays of your bodies to see where you kept letting the opponent best you. It could be as simple as jumping too much or playing to aggressively without learning to judge what moves you use are safe or if they have enough reach to make contact and not allow a whiff punish.

user, YOU are the middle ground. But You don't want to play.

>git gud fag
>cant too busy gittin mah dick sucked by yur sister lulz
>yeah right fagget whats her name
>Susan lulz
>WHAT
>lulz
>i just went in her room and tore the place apart, fagget you liar
>check in dah closet nigga

You can do the same in other genres too. In shooting games, just go the same lane every round and shoot the opponent that keeps sitting in the same unsafe spot.

In fighting games, spam fireballs until the opponent learns to hop or block while walking forward.

Videos games is all about talent if you don't have you no matter how much time and effort you put you will never be as good with the person with talent.

Only if you're competing at majors for top 8 maybe. Anybody who puts in time can still place well in tournament or beat high level people in ranked matches.

No, it's when your opponent is way worse than you that's boring.

I don't give a fuck. Enjoy playing the worst type of gaming to ever be created. Also have fun with 12 year olds niggers faggots trannys and losers i am BETTER than all of you.

Attached: 1555329529854.png (128x128, 29K)

Right, I want you to observe Messi and then copy what he does. If you're not signed with Barca at the end of the year you're a failure

>Opponent is partied up and gang rapes you on spawn
>Somehow thinks he's good because you can't even move

Life is shit

Typical ESL retard mentality.

Fighting against pros only works if you already have the fundamentals. How do you expect to learn against a pro when you have no basis at all? You'll get perfected a bunch of times, try a few things and get perfected again. You can't even know what worked because nothing you do has any effect on your opponent.

>You're the last player on your team
>You know your entire tema is watching and judging every move you make

no thanks

Attached: 1519882455966.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

Perfect way to get them banned. I support it ban them all it makes me cum literately. I don't even care if they go racist i just love seeing losers and cunts get banned because they act like a 9 year old that ate to much sugar.
Keep it up losers at this point i beg you to say something retarded so i can report in seconds. Better stay on discord otherwise when you slip up your fucking banned LMFAO!

Attached: 1558095028517.jpg (800x804, 56K)

i have almost 700 hours, but most are from 2015
maybe i just sorta suck

>playing team based games

Attached: 1514860017250.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>Playing pvp at all
Nope.

Attached: Nope.webm (540x304, 2.9M)

If you did it for laughs it's based but if you did it because you're assblasted he beat you then it's cringe.

That's not true at all actually. Watch what you're consistently doing in the replays and 1 change to that will almost guarantee you won't get double perfected. From there I suggest watching how other higher level people play your character and emulate some of their habits.

Eventually these habits will build into your kit and the mistakes you were making against the pro will begin to show up less and less and you will notice you are getting bodied less and less.

Compare this to fighting an equal who is just as likely to make mistakes as you and the differences will be far less notable in your progress.

The latter, in the first scenario I can always tell myself they're hacking. Seeing and realizing in real time how you're fucking up is just maddening.

>WHERE WERE MY HEALS I'VE NEVER GOT HEALED
>SHIT SUPPORT

I've never hated anything more than retarded DPS mains

>>playing team based games
>They act like monley with shit flown into the air
>all hell breaks loose
>i watch my whole team get mudered
>I exit the game
>uninstall
>go back to single player games
>Never again
No thanks have fun with that shit.

It works in other genres as well.
>oh, watching from my opponent's perspective, it actually looks really easy for him to shoot me, my corner peaks are always all in and too wide
>this replay where the enemy proxied me, now I know that if his base seems a bit small when I scout at these times, I should always assume something is up.

Of course actual practice and mechanically improving is important as well to 'git gud'

Git gud

It is as they say. Iron sharpens iron. Strong scenes produce strong players.

I dont think someone that has never seen a cross up in their entire life will learn much from getting hit by the most ambiguous 50/50 that a pro spent hours finding

You first learn how to spot one by fighting dudes that are unsure how to set them up and end up doing the most obvious ones, which also leaves you plenty of time to think about what to do after you blocked it, then you fight people who start to make them pretty tight or sneaky to recognize how they put you into this situation in the first place
Then you learn the esoteric setups
You need the basic understanding to comprehend what is even hitting you when you're beginner

You don't learn to run before learning to walk

Is there anything worse than a tryhard who adheres strictly to the bullshit reddit/youtuber meta, but actually has the skill to double-counter anything you try to do?

Late reply but that's why skill takes time and repetition to build. Being biased purely on results based on the present and immediate confirmations would lead you absolutely nowhere if they were 100% true and reliable all by themselves. We'd never actually discover or learn anything if that were true. At that point you might as well argue that it is completely incapable for organisms to learn goddamn anything.

I'd argue you'll learn better against à pro but a lot slower
I mean think about it, you just started the game, you're trying to learn how to wake up from the ground and the pro cover you with option selects that only let you get away with one specific option select on your part

Sure after 150 games with pauses in between to research on the internet you'll learn the tech , but meanwhile you still have no idea how to wake up in general because you spent 150 games in a unending vortex
An advanced vortex you now know how to defend against, but you still can't block the most basic obvious cross up

Completely disagree. If you have no basis then maybe the change you'll make will be just as bad as what you were doing before. You can't expect someone to counter an attack when he has no basis and doesn't even know the counter exists. Fighting pros only works with someone who is comfortable with the mechanics of the game and can use them to his advantage.

I miss ragnarok online's pvp and woe. The mind games were fun and out playing your opponent was dope as fuck.

Imagine handicapping yourself and complaining when other people don't. You should apologize for wasting everyone else's time.

Unironically this. These niggers will say "LOL dilate git good" etc. but try gitting gud against 5000 hours TF2 vets, I wanna see them keeping their argument then

The true gamer zen way

Find other interests. I'm serious, if you have stuff you've been telling yourself for years you'd do but didn't because of vidya then now's a good time to uninstall Steam and actually do it. Vidya suck these days anyway so you're not missing out

Truth. Team based games are for niggers

Nigger.

>get really fucking annoyed by the idea of someone being better than me at a game, even though most people who play it are better than me because I only started playing recently
>go batshit whenever I get beaten fair and square because it hurts to have to accept that there are people who are better than me

Attached: 1558350767156.png (636x548, 242K)

>2010
>play TF2 for 40 hours per week
>regular on some british clan server
>always me or another guy on top of scoreboard
>we have to be on seperate teams or else it will be too boring
>new guy joins and becomes a regular
>he shits on both of us to the point where youd assume he is cheating
>kill him a few times but can never really get the upper hand
>make it a personal challenge to improve and beat him one day
>never do but i became so much better that playing against the rest is an even bigger stomp now
Andy Scarecrow's face when I try to challenge him.

Attached: 1561804557556.gif (382x554, 2.57M)

extremely based

Not him, but since when did the assumption come that the player is 100% fresh and hasn't even done the tutorial?

Obviously a person needs to know the basics, but honestly, people already intuitively understand how they work. Their brain may not be able to handle the speed of an actual match, but they naturally understand the concept of fast/slow attacks, high/low, wiffs, throws beating blocking, and attacking beating throws. If they are trying to improve, anyone can continue off much of these concepts and ask for clarifications as they go, and build muscle memory as they play.

You should play with anyone you can anyways, not just pro's or other scrubs, so you are exposed to multiple playstyles and skill levels.

You need to lose more. I'm talking massive losing streak, dominated by people in the lobby, constant demotes, the lot. Your ego needs to be completely broken before you can start looking at losses objectively and really learn from them

Attached: 1544084463669.webm (720x388, 1.67M)

thats quitter talk user

>R6 Siege
>get stomped
>ask what breed of cat Garfield is

Attached: 1565001752040.png (540x764, 375K)

Me in starcraft broodwar. Only delusional old fags are lurking the servers right now and they will beat you in a heartbeat. Theres no way for a newcomer to get into this game

Attached: InfestedKerrigan_SCR_HeadAnim(3).gif (224x240, 2.39M)

I don't get it

You get instabanned for saying "coon" in Siege.