Thronebreaker showed GOG that “exclusives don’t work for us”

>wtf why is *this game* an epic exclusive I'll just wait for it to come to another platform like gog
>wtf why is *this game* an gog exclusive i'll just wait for it to come to steam

Attached: mp1yZ2h.png (716x784, 508K)

Exclusives like Witcher 2 and 3 would have worked, shame they screwed up

There's nothing wrong with releasing your game on one platform only. It's stupid, but not something you can't do.

sucks that we'll never get a sequel to Thronebreaker, it was fun.

Attached: 1543005445481.jpg (794x539, 155K)

>There's nothing wrong with releasing your game on one platform only. It's stupid

It's brand loyalty, plain and simple.

If it's stupid, it's wrong

Meanwhile on Epic
>casually follow Rebel Galaxy Outlaw news because I like space games
>up until the very release day, the release date on EGS was just "2019"
>recommended specs on EGS is a fucking lie
>game itself is janky, nowhere near as easy to fly as in Freelancer and Star Conflict
So this is the power of Epic exclusives. Whoa

Attached: download.jpg (301x167, 10K)

That's okay, exclusives don't work for Epic either.

Nobody bought Thronebreaker because it was a bad version of Gwent. Not because it was exclusive.
And Gwent isn't remotely as good as other card games in full fledged games.
Square doesn't understand how much money they would make if they just made a Triple Triad game.

Thronebreaker didnt have 50mil+ advertising/development budget.
The whole point is drive people into the client by pouring money into an attractive product, publish cp on gog first and then release a smaller exclusive and see how well it does.

>think it's a top down rpg in the witcher universe
>read that it's a gwent game
>find out it's a puzzle game disguised as gwent but no actual gwent
>already got burned on the actual fucking gwent game

It doesn't really help they shackled it to the Gwent card game. I liked Thronebreaker but the actual gameplay was the weak part for me because holy fuck Gwent one hell of an overrated MtG ripoff minigame. I mean, they realize CDred implemented it because they were worried parts of the world where gambling is outlawed wouldn't let them sell Witcher 3 because even digital EY WITCHER WANNA DICE might prevent release? I really miss dice and telling the loser their mother sucks dwarf cock.

they didn't work because thronebreaker was shite

Thronebreaker flopped not because it was exclusive because it was shit.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves CDPR. Everyone might jerk off to you but you're not that good.

Its a game developed by the company that owns the service. This is not the same thing as Epic buying games they had no part in developing or even helping develop (buying crowdfundrd games or games about to release to be exclusive on their store).

>woke bullshit
>female protagonist
lmao sure exclusivity is why it failed hahahaha

>Let's not get ahead of ourselves CDPR. Everyone might jerk off to you but you're not that good.
this is some cringey shit you faggot

>muh FEEEEEEMALES

>muh SAAAAAALES

this desu
didnt even bother to pirate

Thronebreaker is a card game. Most retards that play card games are on Steam.

Nice excuse cdtrannyproject, but Thronbreaker is shit and gog doesn't have Fortnite currently the most played game (perhaps in the history).

No one said it flopped, they're obviously comparing GOG sales to the Steam sales.

Attached: Capture.png (611x190, 18K)

oh well now I don't have to check it out. Thanks user

there is everyting wrong with accepting china blood money