Is this better than nu-DOOM?

Is this better than nu-DOOM?

Attached: 117557-serious-sam-the-first-encounter-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x963, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7QgdSiNaJt4
youtube.com/watch?v=3QntpXBjCYQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I played it. Didn't like it much. Literally circle straif the game.

by far

didnt get past 1st level

Unpopular opinion: this game is pure ass.
Doom, blood, half life, duke 3d, basically any fucking 90s shooter is better than this shit.

Definitely

Attached: 15664833501150.jpg (1915x2156, 769K)

Shadow warrior 2 is better. Except for the looter shooter bullshit, Who the fuck thought that was a good idea for an "arena shooter".

That's not serious sam 1. That one is much cooler. Which is almost sad because of how unpopular it is in comparison to the others.

At least shadow warrior 2 has a killer fucking soundtrack

Agreed

>main menu theme plays

Attached: 1566282996639.png (250x200, 68K)

I see that and raise you
youtube.com/watch?v=7QgdSiNaJt4

Nope.
Not even close.
Still good though.

Yes

SS2 was ruined by microscopic levels and excessive "funnies" to the point they turned headless kamikazes into joke characters instead of primary way to melt player's health

Where can I find the Serious Sam Alpha to download and play? I want to experience it for myself.

They made a corridor one of the best levels in an fps. Croteam were on to something back in 2002.
This game, painkiller and SW-remake are like nu-DOOM's weird uncles that the son loved more than his dad.

Play on Serious you amateur, get better at game.

This. I don't want to play a game where I need to think about moving or shooting vertically. My smooth brain needs wide open horizontal fields and monsters that beeline at me from all (horizontal) dimensions.

>didnt play the game but talks shit

its 1000x better than ZOOM-er
also try EDF5 is like serious sam but with autism and more enemies

>forced backwards by the endless red biomechs, werebulls and kleer
>they start spawning behind you

Attached: 1558224189907.png (600x656, 451K)

so play EDF5

youtube.com/watch?v=3QntpXBjCYQ
No. Not by a long shot. Its literally just S+M1 with no other gameplay to it other than making high difficulties artificially harder by just spawning too many monsters you can't deal with.

What does this have to do with anything?

Attached: death.png (537x535, 699K)

Too big for its own good. The slow pace makes it unbearable.

I really hate that SS2 is so unpopular, I think it had the best visuals of the series and actually tried to have environment variety instead of "here's fucking Egypt again".

Yes, in every way possible.

I liked that china sections in one of the games but yea the desert and Egypt got annoying very quick

>tries to S+M1 the whole game
>when it doesnt work its "artificial difficulty"

The only good games were the first and second encounter. SS2 was ok, but man the third game was pure trash.

much better.
didn't play on serious. opinion discarded.

BFE was pretty decent after you get to the mid point. they took way too long in easing people in, but it was still good. definitely the weakest out of the encounter series.

The whole game is pretty uneven

>Summer in Cairo
pretty good "learning by doing" tutorial
>Into the Spider's Nest
pure dogshit to the point that even Croteam must've figured it out and added a speedrun secret that lets you skip most of it
>Broken Wings
becomes really good once you enter the mosque
>No Place to Hide
garbage gimmick, garbage boss, garbage level
>Under the Iron Cloud
this is basically where the actual game starts
>The Silent Riddler
the first truly great level
>Unearthing the Sun
fantastic opening area and overall level, fucked by the underground sections
>The Dark Bride
the peak of the game
>The Power of the Underworld
another good one hampered by underground sections
>The Lost Temples of Nubia
starts bad but ends on a high note
>The Last man on Earth
garbage start and end, pretty good middle part
>The Guardian of Time
more tedious than spectacular and the difficulty of the Ugh Zan IV fight doesn't come from being challenging but from figuring out just what the fuck you have to do
>Gathering of the Gods
probably my favorite level in the entire game
>Together Forever
great until the insane pace killer that are the puzzle rooms at the end that aren't even on a student project's level in terms of design and quality
>Born Again
pretty cool but the jetpack section is too short and the boss lackluster

i liked ssam3 better than nuDoom.
also:
ssam4 WHEN?

>pick up pill
>red biomech spawns right behind you

Attached: 45656786.jpg (828x686, 160K)

have you guys played the next encounter? i really liked that one, and i dont find myself liking the first game nearly as much. is serious sam 2 like the next encounter?

Superficial variety is just about all SS2 has going for it. The grenade mechanic is pretty cool too I guess.