This game has so much fucking potential but the devs are complete retards and it hurts my soul...

This game has so much fucking potential but the devs are complete retards and it hurts my soul. Instead of fixing issues like zeds spawning just around a corner and teleporting on top of you they're adding more shit you have to pay for. 10 dollars for one weapon is insane, that's a third of the price for the base fucking game, and even more if you bought it while it was on sale. Why does everything I want to love crumble to dust?

Attached: kf2.jpg (275x363, 53K)

I know the feel. Ive literally just gotten into the game. What changes would you make?

Zerk needs a major nerf, survivalist needs a rework, and firebug needs more skill based weaponry. I wouldn't even be so mad about it if it wasn't so obvious that the devs were just trying to cash out.

How should survivalist be reworked?

make him have to eat zombie hearts to survive

Ok you've lost me

Attached: 1565875217284.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

Make him revolve around map scavenging and defensive play.

Give him a radar that hilights weapons/ammo boxes/ vests through walls within a certain radius. Weapons of dead allies can be seen from even farther away, so you can help people find their guns if they die. Drops last 2 held guns on death instead of just the one you had out. Earns double dosh for every kill during zedtime. Ammo boxes he grabs give extra ammo. Or he drops a special mini ammo box when he picks one up, that other players can use, and they persist through rounds. Thrown dosh can damage enemies.

Those are just ideas off the top of my head anyway.

I really like everything you said until after the ammo boxes giving more stuff. Survivalist should get bonuses to map awareness. Especially if he can mark ammo boxes and armor for other teammates. Maybe he can just pick up ammo or armor but another person can still come and pick it up? And it'll be marked until picked up, and won't disappear once the next round starts.

I swear its gotta be some single person in charge being a dumbass with how they spend money.

I'm dead certain there is at least one person that's gotta be obsessed with only hiring "professional" voice actors that cost an arm and a leg. Given the evidence anyway.

Anyway it's not like the content itself is of poor quality, models are all great, New scripts in most New maps for modders to take advantage of. but it feels like they have been pushing out major, asset-heavy content faster than they can actually afford to. And minor mechanic updates to things like doors and the flashlights have been forgotten. (although boss behaviour changes have all been quite nice, Hans is an actually interesting fight now)

I'm totally out of the loop, have they announced anything related to the Matriarch?

Yeah that works better. Less janky. Mostly just give that survivalist an advantage in clutching/softening the blow of fucked situations, and give him a reason to wander and search about a bit more.

Has anyone else had to deal with a glitch recently where whenever you're finished with a game you go bacl to the xp you had previously? Ive been on level 19 on my commando for weeks now and no matter what i do i can't seem to fix it. Im basically just waiting for the next update at this point

user...

Attached: 1518964115868.png (720x629, 878K)

I miss how the flash lights used to work in the alpha
One the one hand it sucked that most weapons had no light but on the other hand it was cool being able to see your teammates' lights clearly and it would match the movement of their guns

Mapper here, theres been no fucking useful resources to use since Release. All the maps have been reusing the same resources since and the hashing is really getting tiresome. IIRC They lost all their environmental artists after Prison and its pretty noticable that most maps are just reusing the same things over and over with maybe one specific new mesh that has pretty limited use.

Also Hans is a terrible fight now, he specifically hasnt gotten harder, its the fucking trash that spawns. They introduced Quarterpound and Scrake spawns for some reason and now the HoE fight feels really unbalanced.

We need a turret class

I got fucked by trash on hans recently
>get grabbed
>trash crowds around me
>my shithead teammate who is the only other guy alive runs to he hills leaving me to die and then he dies right after
stupid bitch, I really dislike that mechanic by the way, it would be fine if you could reasonably avoid it but if half your team is dead then you're going to get grabbed 100%

>get KF2 in early access, back when there was 4 classes and 2 maps I think it was
>"all they have to do is KF1 with prettier assets and more content, how could they possibly fuck this up?"
>Start to notice their beyond retarded dev cycle
>1 class, re-balancing the whole game to work with that new class, and do it all over again when they finally get a new class done
>taking forever for them to do anything
>add fucking cosmetics and a cash shop before the game is out of early access
>add fucking LOOTBOXES before the game is out of early access
>several aeons later, devs cut martial artist and shit out survivalist so they can come out of early access
>TFW 150+ hours
>TFW early access hours don't come in to play when you get a refund

thanks for the free game shit heads

Attached: 1563342089639.jpg (259x219, 17K)

This has been around since EA but it’s seldom happened and doesn’t happen the next session, sorry to hear it’s consistent for you.

I mean it's only clots/clot variants that can do it, and it's a specific attack to boot, that you can interrupt. Plus that make you aim right at the clots head anyway, so as long as it's not during a reload it's no real problem 95% of the time.

That being said, unless Hans was reeeally close to death at that point, you two were already fucked.

>bolt animations on most weapons are broken and have been broken for the longest time (AA-12 in particular)
>the state of demo and firebug on release
>the state of firebug RIGHT NOW
>survivalist
>SWAT is fun but why is it just a selfish commando
>EDARs
>hollow point is still a skill for commando instead of just being baked into the weapons
>that one time they changed the 9mm pistol's sound to someone hitting a shitty toy drum and thought it was an improvement
>nerfing the VLAD bit by bit despite it always being regarded as a shit weapon
>the upgrade system
>zed teleporting/spawning
Etcetera etcetera. I just want to shoot zeds without getting frustrated about meta shit

Attached: 1471386254878.gif (250x183, 355K)

>Etcetera etcetera. I just want to shoot zeds without getting frustrated about meta shit

fucking this, what a chore.

I just want them to stop FPs from rage spawning and remove the dumb robots. Fine with it otherwise since it's not like they'll go back to 1's atmosphere.

Haven't touched ever since survivalists turned everyone into solo players
It's like having 5 medic on a team but no one heals. Just rage fucking everything like retards then use your run speed medic invincibility to slowly bore zeds and your teammates to death

Deletion

I like the robots mechanically, but they really should have made them like cyborgs, kinda like the half life stalkers.

it was hans' last phase so we could have probably done it but there was nothing I could do to stop hans from grabbing me, the only thing I could have done better was let myself get grabbed by hans immediately so I wasn't surrounded as soon as hans let me go.

Their mechanics are shit though. The Husk was already a ranged harasser. Robots do a fuckton of damage or CC and become a pretty high priority as soon as they show up, but their weakpoint's hitbox isn't big and can sometimes be at an angle where you won't be able to hit it. They also bounce around a lot when being shot at. And if they're behind zeds, you're even less likely to hit their chest.

Meanwhile the Husk gets in ranged damage and is a high threat, BUT his pack is high up and wide-open when he shoots, so a competent and aware Mando or Sharp can counter him easily without sacrificing the rest of their role, as opposed to hoping the robot isn't behind a line of zeds or angled in a shitty way. And if need be, a Husk can still be disabled through being decapped (although that's shit compared to shooting their pack) whereas the robots will still be shooting.

Their design is stupid too though, considering the rest of the enemy cast.

Did they scrap it? oh no no..

With this guy, not opposed to more ranged zeds, but the fact that theyre impossible to hit behind zeds, cant be killed from decap or if theyre facing the wrong direction really is grating.

The lasers have no feedback and you go from 100 to 20/30 if youre focusing on take downs somewhere else. At least the Husk and Rockets will knock you back and have actual hit sounds so you can react in time

Also its very clear that these arent mocapped, their terrible animation and poses are just out of place in comparison to how all the zeds move. Who thought shooting metal would be fun as well, yknow the things that gorefasts/fps/scs have to tell you to aim better?

the robots used to be so much worse too
No weak spots as far as I knew, more health, no EMP effect for killing them since the weak spot wasn't in, can't remember if the damage was higher but those things used to be such a fucking bitch to kill. I don't know what they were thinking with that shit, I still think they're too tanky when everything is put into consideration, there's nothing less fun than getting grabbed at range by one of those fuckers and then having to mow down half a dozen zeds to hit the robot

here's how to fix the game:
>rework how the engine handles reflections and shaders and make it so that everything doesn't look like it's lubed up in vaseline or made out of plastic
>slow down the game in general
>rework the majority of the gun sounds to sounds more powerful with some compression, transient tweaking and distortion
>make welding relevant
>remove all microtransactions
>fix the fucking contrast
>restore the grindhouse aesthetic
>make martial artist like you promised and delete survivalist
>add crawlers on ceilings and walls like you promised

>>add crawlers on ceilings and walls like you promised
I think they literally couldn't figure out how to do this so they scrapped it

we have to wait for kf3

Knowing modern tripwire that would be EGS exclusive, early access, have a shitload of microtransactions and be dead on arrival as a result of those things.

Played it again after not touching it for awhile. I see they still havent added KF1 characters that everyone loved or even cosmetics based off them. Also the fuck with the EDARS? It's still fun but if they would release things people would actually like, it'd be nice.

>best Commando weapons aren't Commando weapons
Silly Tripwire

what's the meta for commandos anyway? I usually run the m16 and the 2k medic gun

401, M16, and FAL are all top tier, as far as I know. The AK is up there too. Haven't seen much of the 501 or tried it myself.

>2nd gunslinger weapon in 4 years and it costs ten fucking dollars

Attached: 1503782161631.jpg (500x459, 48K)

dude that 9mm thing was incredible. do you remember how they posted a half apology with the addendum that the sound guy had worked long and hard on it and was super proud of it in order to make us all feel bad

DUDE LOOTBOXES LMAO

I'm 100% certain the shitty 9mm sound was made to try to emulate the way guns sound in things like police dash/bodycam videos. It had that same flat, follow sort of sound to it that you hear in vids. I suppose I get why they thought that might be cool but they clearly didn't think it through longer than like a minute.

>slow down the game in general

This so fucking much, I really hate how they went with gotta go fast sanic speed zeds.

Kf2:soulless
Kf1:soul

I played kf2 when it released and followed it for over a years and the game is fucking boring and one dimensional and the devs only release content thats the same as others.
The maps are not interesting and shit to traverse and theres invisible walls everywhere i feel like im in a box.
Their skin economy is just bad and worthless most of the skins are really bad looking or just unfitting the ones that actually look somewhat cool are in lootboxes

Overall kf2 is a huge diasapointment only thing i like is the shooting mechanics makes me wish for a player vs player gamemode

But hard = good you pleb XD

I prefer 2's gameplay, honestly. But they're going for different things. 1 is more atmospheric horror game while 2 is just an action game. They'd have to redo 2 from the ground up if they were to slow it down, because it'd just be boring as shit then.

because niggers rising storm 2 and they fucked it up

Tripwire is just creatively bankrupt at this point. They basically did everything they could to not pull from what made Killing Floor great, and tossed it into the pot called Killing Floor 2. The gunplay is pretty nice, but everything else is lacking. The visual grindhouse aesthetic really brought out the atmosphere in the first game, while the second just has this clean, almost sterile feeling to all of the maps, even ones that are supposed to be mucked up.
After hearing how intrusive they were in Rising Storm 2's development, I'm really glad Antimatter is self publishing '83 themselves.

Why is berserker so fucking overpowered, I hate seeing retards playing him and thinking they are any good at the game.

KF2 has no potential, its a shit game and no amount of updates will be able to salvage it.
all they had to do was make KF1 but with more content, set in another country, more zeds, an LMG perk+weapons and maybe some weapon customisation?
I mean for KF2 to be set in france yet have no GIGN, french police, FAMAS, mimes or any french weapons is a pretty big letdown

>I mean for KF2 to be set in france yet have no GIGN, french police, FAMAS, mimes or any french weapons is a pretty big letdown
Did KF1 have an excess of British weapons because I don't remember any.

it has weapons used by the british army, but the only british gun is the SA80. but why should that stop the second game from having french weapons? the british only have the AWP and SA80, french have much more cool shit that they should have included, and what about them not adding the GIGN?

fn fal

>>SWAT is fun but why is it just a selfish commando
Not really, the stuns are good for larger zeds. But most SWAT players are garbage.

I'm not saying it shouldn't, I was just curious if this was expected or requested.
>fn fal
That's a Belgium designed weapon.

Attached: 1362639514924.jpg (1600x1107, 835K)

FN isn't British. It's Belgian.

That's pretty much the one thing SWAT seems to have going for it. I guess they get extra armor too. But they feel like a cheap way of letting teams have a second Mando without so much redundancy. May be a little biased since I don't like the way the SMGs are balanced and don't enjoy playing SWAT that much.

fuking this

Attached: 1566642555711.png (510x857, 1003K)

they should have atleast added the FAMAS, its kinda shit setting your game in france but having the only french thing being a map that takes place in paris, i would expect them to include more french weapons instead of using the same generic american and russian shit but they pretty much just shat all over the weapon selection by including slightly different versions of the weapons we got in KF1, then they added weapons from KF1. worst shit has to be those shitty medic guns

Wait a minute
Didn't Tripwire say there would be no paid DLC?
Considering people have bought the game thinking that would be true, could be an easy lawsuit win

I legitimately do not understand why it takes 4 fucking months to make two weapons. I legitimately do not understand how the process is so fucking expensive that they need to sell each weapon for 10 bucks ON TOP OF having lootboxes. What the fuck.

Games and game companies are immune to lawsuits of any kind for any reason whatsoever and gmers will never fight against this status quo.

Is the game really set in france? There's like two maps that're explicitly France. Catacombs is set in Italy, some of the maps are in undersea bases and space stations, farmhouse and nuked are in the US, etc.

the game is supposed to be set in france because of the story or some shit like that

This. Black Forest seems to be in Germany and Outpost definitely isn't in France unless it's way the fuck up in the Alps or something.

It's not set in France. It's worldwide.

This desu. The "balanced" nature of the game means every map plays the same. I'd pay ten bucks for new guns if I thought the continued support would make the game worth playing again, but after 200 hours I've seen and done everything. Objective mode was a complete failure. They have no idea how to make the game fun once you're past the novice phase.

It's not set in France. There are levels in hell, space and the fucking North pole.

The game's been shit ever since they never fixed the 10min bootup time from the goddamn beta and instead focused on game modes nobody wanted (the versus mode) for like 2 years before throwing in the towel on it and finally admitting nobody cared about it beyond them.

By making him into the Martial Artist they fucking advertised before "launch."

then what was the point of the whole focus on france up untill the game came out of early access?

>dev team and Yoshiro promote FUN and don't want a meta

>constantly keeps scrapping FUN ideas like the SWAT shield or the whole Martial Artist perk to add 10$ weapon DLCs

Attached: 1480866685828.png (576x555, 458K)

What is the 10$ weapon anyways?

Literally reskins of existing weapons and some new ones

KF2 went to complete shit when the sharpshooter update hit, gun slinger was peak and all content since then has been unfun novelty

Paris was just the first map they showed off, I guess.

Attached: 1402561408658.jpg (2345x1570, 3.53M)

A hot stick and a shotgun revolver.

Attached: 1565588522420.jpg (1002x1146, 180K)

>Tripwire dies in your lifetime.
You love to see it, folks.

10 bucks each btw

Attached: 1480021893749.jpg (1024x751, 79K)

The Rhino shots frag bullets. The other pair of free revolvers being added to the game are the shotgun ones.

>This game has so much fucking potential but the devs are complete retards and it hurts my soul
This. The game was doing fine up until they added the robots. They've never been fun to fight against yet here they remain, shitting the game up. They provide the weakest feedback upon defeating, offering very little gratification. In a game that prides itself primarily on its gunplay why would you add enemies that feel like absolute shit to shoot at?
Tripwire also wasted so much of everyone's time adding in objective based maps and modes which isn't what KF excels at. Had they given us more content in the form of more maps, guns, and bosses, the game would be a helluva lot better off.

Attached: Weld Integrity 100%.webm (1000x865, 728K)

Paris was the only map they had "done" at the time.

The funniest thing is that they added the EDARs mainly for HoE players. They barely appear in Suicidal and below.

They deliberately added annoying ZEDs that catch and shoot you to force a more dynamic play on the highest difficulty but nerfed the lower difficulties with ZEDs being slower ect.
It makes no sense and went so far that some servers outright disable EDARs, Rioters and even Elite Crawlers because nobody wants a buffed Gorefiend, that is already sprinting, to hit you for another 30HP while the Elite Crawler farts at your face and the EDAR lasers your dick.

>killing floor will be free from their cuck grasp one day
Imagine a proper sequel to KF with all the grunge brought back

Make it into an actual class instead of le whacky we frankensteined multiple class perks into one class but removed the synergy lmao

You'll be seeing a KF BR before then.

>they added the EDARs mainly for HoE players
The fucking irony. I'd love to find public Suicidal servers with robots and elite crawlers removed, but I wouldn't be surprised if the HoE ones are a bunch of private CD servers.

Sharpshooter got devolved into literally that so there you go

Attached: Download.png (225x225, 6K)

Tbh that gun looks fucking bad ass.

>Tripwire wasted their hard earned dosh on a lame Gary Busey character
>Could've hired Bruce Campbell and put Ash into the game instead
>Maybe even Jack Burton voiced by Russel
It hurts, bros.

Attached: lf.jpg (1981x3000, 1.97M)

I just don't get why they went through the trouble of getting Mrs. Foster back into the game but then decided to crash the wall with the Busey

I'm still angry they didn't bring back Harold Lott or any other cool characters. Individual character voice acting was a mistake honestly.

Attached: terry.png (578x148, 21K)

KF1 has so much soul, HoE requires actually a good squad and skill and can lose quite easily
while KF2 requires no fucking skill, you just go Berzerk or any other class and win any HoE map

Attached: 1528599256790.jpg (461x378, 13K)

>KF1 is so good even Hard difficulty punishes mistakes

Attached: summer_camp.gif (511x574, 259K)