Fact: This will never be surpassed as the best Fire Emblem game

Fact: This will never be surpassed as the best Fire Emblem game

Attached: Fire Emblem Awakening.jpg (640x573, 78K)

Fact: Op is retarded

Conquest blows this piece of garbage out of the water

you haven't played the other games so how can you call it the best?

>birthright but worse

*worst

What do people see in Awakening outside of fanservice? It's complete trash. Horrible maps, horrible balancing, horrible pandering, and overpriced dlc. I've played every NA Fire Emblem and Awakening is by far the worst.

I mean I hate fates but at least one route had good gameplay, name a SINGLE thing that Awakening did right besides music

>tfw I always had and will like Awakening
Honestly, the hate for this game is overrated in of itself.

Attached: ROBIN.png (449x323, 216K)

It was a piece of crap, and while it was still better than everything that came after it, that doesn't make it good.

Then I'll put the challenge to you, name one thing it did right besides music

Having only played Awakening and Birthright, I prefer birthright, characters/plot was much more engaging

Chrom's the only main lord I can think of that I'd want to actually be friends with.

>not skipping the hours of pointless dialogue

Attached: 1533496354652.jpg (1069x714, 106K)

Character design

Attached: Daraen_(gerofante)_en_Fire_Emblem_Awakening.png (163x236, 31K)

Genealogy of the Holy War remake could be the best game in the franchise, depending on how much they fix the gameplay.

If they insist in making those huge ass maps it will flop.

That's good for you, I'd put Claude, Dimitri, Ike, Hector, Alm, and Celica up there, too.

The characters were ugly as sin. I don't know what it even is, exactly, maybe it's the angle they put on their face, or maybe it's their skin tone. Like I said I hate fates, but one of the few things I can praise it on is that it significantly improved upon the character designs (though Echoes blew them both out of the water).

Isn't the dialogue the whole point of FE? Gameplay isn't that fun or challenging

What’s the current best game in the franchise?

Depends on the game. The great fire emblem games have a solid combination of both (fe7, PoR, Genealogy, 3H) while some of the good ones just have one or the other (RD and Echoes had good stories, CQ and arguably BB had good gameplay). Anything else is mediocre, bad, or outdated.

If you don't really know why yet you still hate them, then I guess that's just your opinion. I'll still hold on to my own.

Attached: 1556771886385.png (931x943, 904K)

Honestly I think Awakening gets way too much shit overall, but it's also definitely not best in the series. The character writing is by far the best in the series, but the main problem is the gameplay being not that great. It's good, for sure, but nothing spectacular.

FE7 didn't have a good story or dialogue and Genealogy didn't have good gameplay.

No offense, but I really question how many fire emblem games you've played if you consider Awakening's characterization to be top tier. Plus, the gameplay was full of enemy phase reinforcements, no thought put into the map design, and bullshit RNG if you tried the hardest difficulty.

I don’t know, Genealogy has the best music and story, but it had some annoying mechanics like individual gold and not being able to trade items among your party members.

I’ve not read a single line of dialog in FE. I play it for the gameplay.

wrong, three houses is better

It will always be shit because Chrom can't fuck Tharja nor Nowi

This shitty b8 thread earns a sage from me

>The character writing is by far the best in the series

Attached: 1361246327824.png (680x680, 238K)

I enjoy all the Fire Emblem games

Attached: 1547336613443.jpg (249x250, 13K)

Fair enough different strokes I guess

Character design.
Bitch

Attached: __female_my_unit_and_my_unit_fire_emblem_and_fire_emblem_kakusei_drawn_by_itou_very_ito__4025a9fe1b2 (1398x1854, 332K)

It was surpassed like 11 years prior

Attached: Ba_japan_fe06.jpg (640x398, 62K)

>The character writing is by far the best in the series
Three Houses wins that specific category by a fucking landslide

I'll never forgive Awakening for how bad they fucked up Tiki's character
I can't believe they turned her sleeping shit into a running gag

Attached: 1564096946595.jpg (263x262, 25K)

They want her to be cute and relatable like Link.
My first Fire emblem was Path of radiance, I didn't finish it all the way, and my brother really loved it. Radiant dawn however, I loved that shit, but my brother never finished it. And after that it was silence from Intelligent systems, I got FE: awakening on a whim, I loved it and thought Tiki was a total babe.

Long story short, I never knew Tiki before that, so it's totally fine with me.

Attached: 1546409128428.jpg (499x408, 30K)

This is the only FE game I played and it was so god awful that I have no interest in playing any other game in the franchise.

Why user?
Do tell.

Attached: __female_my_unit_and_my_unit_fire_emblem_and_fire_emblem_kakusei_drawn_by_sketchy__25c072574f049adae (1045x1828, 111K)

Nothing was worse than birthright user. Man, fates as a concept had such potential, too.

It easily was by some of its predecessors as well as echoes and 3H. I enjoyed Awakening but come on.

Why is Grima so much more sympathetic than Robin and Lucina?

>echoes
no
terrible video game
i played it when it first came out in japanese, for like 12 hours and i had to quit
terrible maps
fucking grating to play

I'm going to catch a lot of flak for saying this but the presentation of the game's story and characters redeemed the okay-to-shit gameplay for me.