Can any ancient boomer explain why this game is praised so highly? I played it recently and it's not very good...

can any ancient boomer explain why this game is praised so highly? I played it recently and it's not very good, bugs and broken quest aside the map system is a convoluted mess the dungeons are boring, the life simulation aspect is non existent, the combat is mediocre at best, and using magic is a chore. is it just nostalgia? what's the appeal?

Attached: 220px-Daggerfall_Cover_art.gif (220x277, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZPAEoE81wk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

die

It's fun.

yes but it has SOUL
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZPAEoE81wk

perfect

Attached: 1525300893107.jpg (298x302, 15K)

Morrowind elitists moved on after morrowind became more popular, latching onto this piece of shit

Attached: Daggerfall7.webm (640x480, 2.79M)

better magic and skill system, huge world, naked tiddies
what else could you ask for?

Not even the same generation it's gen X who likes daggerfall and millennials who like morrowind

You can run around naked.

Holy fucking shit I've played the game but didn't realize it could be... all this.

It was basically the advent of 3D large-scale open world RPG's.

this, i prefer morrowind but you gotta give daggerfall credit

It was from the bygone age when video games were just a medium rather than the point itself. Julian Lafey explained that Daggerfall was essentially mean't to be virtual DnD/pen and paper rpg. Now compare that to Todd Howard who literally only ever streamlined and removed content, and you'll understand how we got to where we are today.

Of course, limited tech makes it look wonky and shitty.

Can you stop talking like a retard?

lol
t.butt hurt amerimutt

the feeling you get after slogging through a 2 hour long dungeon and finally finding your quest objective is orgasmic. plus the dungeons are pretty comfy

Attached: Daggerfall province, Skous.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

>climbing walls in daggerfall
>can't even climb a ladder in skyrim

What happened bros?

It was ahead of its time and honestly a lot of its design choices can be felt in Skyrim, just on a much smaller scale. Namely, the use of radiant quests and AI.
Daggerfall is either entirely procedural generated or has notable pseudo-random elements: from the dungeons to the cities and the open world. It has a bunch of factions and guilds you can join but the requirements between each other are often the same (I'm fairly certain knight orders all have the same quests, just different target objective/dungeon since that aspect it's randomized). The main storyline is obviously its own thing but it branches out if nothing else. The core of the game was dungeon crawling and sending all the treasures you find to your wagon and then going back into the dungeon to keep finding treasures.
Modern TES games (and specially Morrowind) have a more crafted, "theme-park" experience.

Daggerfall switch port, make it happen todd.

Idk I been playing since it df unity went alpha and been having a blast playing it. It's a dungeon crawler with alot of freedom in your movement more than any other elder scrolls. You can climb walls, hang from ceilings, and just about parkour through dungeons. The magic system is pretty in depth and takes time getting use to, but is very rewarding when you do, especially when enchanting stuff. The dungeons always keep you on your toes because of all the hidden and cryptic stuff in them. The quests, albeit repetitive have nice variety compared to other elder scrolls. Like in the mages' guild you have quest where you guard people, put people to sleep, and banish daedra. I also love the fact that gold has weight and requires you to use the banking system, where you can take out loans, buy houses and in port towns, ships. The banks are separated by region too. The game just has so many things the are going on like regional and local holidays, being able to lie and bribe judges, having an entire short story generated for your character based on choices you make when creating them, a much more fleshed out vampirism and werecreature mechanics compared to other elder scrolls.
It's a true crpg experience. The only thing the game is missing is more quests imo.

Attached: what.png (1366x768, 1.08M)

>the life simulation aspect is non existent
It's the exact fucking same as the later games. The appeal for me was it didn't really force you into any stories and you're free to do whatever. It also has the best vampirism and lycanthropy of all the games.

Now you finally understand.
Bethesda has NEVER produced anything that was any good.

The boomers tried to warn us but their words were lost with time.

Attached: Based Anders.png (692x603, 64K)

it has soul, something a zoomzoom can't understand

>he uses the "upsclaed" textures which are really some faggots """""re-imagining""""" of the original ones
You can't see my face but I'm heavily cringing right now.
Not the same as Arena, but only because that game is so bare bones. There is literally nothing to do in Arena towns except repair items or visit the local temple. Quests are hardly ever given out and when they are, they're really stupid fetch quests that give you next to no reward.

if you don't understand why this game is good by the time you get 60% of the way through the tutorial to the extremely loud screaming skeletons then you never will understand.

You were born faulty but your parents are to blame, not you.

Nostalgia.
Just kidding. Anons are just dicks and they get a kick out tricking unsuspecting anons into playing this turd.

>Quests are hardly ever given out and when they are, they're really stupid fetch quests that give you next to no reward.
desu daggerfall kind of the same senpai

What's his problem?

Attached: DF-npc-Eadwyre_(face).png (160x192, 6K)

>same as the later games
>Not the same as Arena
>Arena
>later games

Daggerfall at least has more variety to them, and the money you get actually means something since everything is so much more expensive and you don't find gold as much. In Arena you find chunks of gold all the freaking time, everything is dirt cheap to the point you can easily get the best gear in the game only after clearing the first dungeon, and there's fuc all to spend the money except repairs. Sure, you can get more equipment...but you'd find it in dungeons for free anyway.

He just wanna suck dark elf titty

>it has soul, something a zoomzoom can't understand
found the zoomzoom pretending to be a boomboom

Attached: soulless.png (1179x525, 64K)