Deus ex

Deus ex
>"Number One: In 1945, corporations paid 50% of federal taxes; now they pay about 5%. Number Two: In 1900, 90% of Americans were self employed; now it's about 2%... It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals.With taxes, this can be done imperceptibly over time.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
>AUG LIVES MATTER

What happened? We're none of the original members involved in the sequels or not even allowed to provide guidance?

Attached: 6ab3423387f8df056e1dd7c9f2207655.jpg (640x640, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Deus_Ex#Isaac
youtube.com/watch?v=sxkdc-dusI8
youtube.com/watch?v=AAaKGIqgyvI
youtube.com/watch?v=6M9G_fv1Je0
taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2018-update/
youtube.com/watch?v=bfxOMYpA8dM
youtube.com/watch?v=1b-bijO3uEw
scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/3019524/least-10-injured-baton-wielding-mob-suspected-triad
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causeway_Bay_Books_disappearances
youtube.com/watch?v=x_B6kSEHXnk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Websites_blocked_in_mainland_China
youtube.com/watch?v=JKF0IYwhrjk
deusex.fandom.com/wiki/Cybernetic_Leg_Prosthesis_(DXHR)
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/aug/28/bernie-s/bernie-sanders-says-tax-share-paid-corporations-ha/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-generation_warfare
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1471806544612.jpg (208x241, 14K)

Canadians

That part is great but always feels weird, like you have a transhumanist killing machine in front of you and you start giving him labor statistics.

>What happened?

The first game's story was based on a bunch of "crazy conspiracy theories", They weren't SUPPOSED to be right.

Attached: alex-jones-did-nothing-wrong_o_3377699721000791.jpg (500x690, 183K)

Deus Ex
>LOL THE GOVERNMENT IS GROWING ALIENS AT AREA 51

Human Revolution
>China wants a monopoly on everything so they can control the end users

JC Denton is given the option of killing the NSF leader before hand. By the point the NSF leader says that JC has been listening for a few seconds and seems reasonable.

This was from Deus ex on china

>Isaac: China is the last sovereign country in the world. Authoritarian but willing - unlike U.N.-governed countries - to give its people the freedom to do what they want.

>JC Denton: As long as they don’t break the law.

>Isaac: Listen to me. This is real freedom, freedom to own property, make a profit, make your life. The West, so afraid of strong government, now has no government. Only financial power.

Suddenly human revolution looks like a caricature of a kid's understanding of the world with very few viewpoints considered.

>Listen to me. This is real freedom
Nowhere in the world is free. Nowadays everything is connected and kept under control.

Attached: pepe.jpg (512x768, 76K)

You guys really forget how much funny and goofy lines are in Deus Ex. Aka like 70% of the game. If anything, it's the newer games that are too sincere and overly dry. Deus Ex was very much a product of its time, and that is quite a nice thing.

>>"Number One: In 1945, corporations paid 50% of federal taxes; now they pay about 5%. Number Two: In 1900, 90% of Americans were self employed; now it's about 2%... It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals.With taxes, this can be done imperceptibly over time.
if you say this out loud now, "(THEY)" will ruin your life.

Told by the worst voice actor in the entire game. Walls of text being read to you by some simpleton aren't compelling.

Are the numbers from 1945 and 1900 accurate at all?

But a lot of people will think they are and go to lengths to justify it. That's the beauty of Deus ex. You get to hear them all and choose the path you think is right. Hell they were originally planning a route where you can side with MJ12 but I think that would be too much for the game back then.

In contrast the newer games (or rather games in general) have become a lot more restrictive in your "choices" even though the hardware/software can now support much more ambitious designs.

what freedoms does China give its people?

People always ask this without considering the context.
By Deus Ex the world is a shithole and many people are not suspicious or wise to the presence of a shadow group orchestrating it.

In MD people are still not convinced that speculations everything ties together are justified, they majority are focused on Aug incidents, incidents perpetuated by said shadow group to lead to shit holification.

There would be no reason for HR or MD to be addressing global conspiracy theories openly when it's not an open secret yet.

Also, claims that the new DE cowered from the subject are disingenuous. HR directly addresses media manipulation, astroturfing, staged incidents, black site, black projects, government and police corruption,it points fingers at political and financial groups having unchecked power and influence and colluding to keep it by any means necessary.

The only difference is, again, little of it is treated like a discussion in-game, it's something the player the player is shown and left to contemplate by themselves.

I'm not going to pat it on the back for this, but it does what so many critics ask of media nowadays and doesn't hold your hand on the subject matter. If you want to believe, doubt or ignore it you're left to.

I'd say HR and MD's biggest fault isn't to bluntness of its content, but how it doesn't feel as cohesive as DE. Granted you're looking from the outside in with the new games while in DE you were part of things yourself.

Cringe

>By Deus Ex the world is a shithole and many people are now* suspicious or wise to the presence of a shadow group orchestrating it.
Won't let me delete the post, but I have to fix the typo.

I think it's too afraid to commit to any real criticism. It's feminine and shallow, it refuses to bite or engage with its ponderings and merely throws them to the ether to let toil on irrelevant video game boards. It's a level of cynicism that betrays itself and its message, if it had any real bite it would actually be worth checking out. It doesn't however. It's afraid.

Yeah no that's not in the game lmafo

Based

Being that red pilled in this day and age would get you horrible reviews by cucked journalists

yes it is

Deus ex: A smart game made by nerds
Mankind Divided: A dumb game made by office drones

No it isn't times a billion.
Nah nah boo boo stick your head in doo doo.

>Also, claims that the new DE cowered from the subject are disingenuous. HR directly addresses media manipulation, astroturfing, staged incidents, black site, black projects, government and police corruption,it points fingers at political and financial groups having unchecked power and influence and colluding to keep it by any means necessary.

Looking back on it, this is definitely true, especially for Mankind Divided. That said, its easy to walk away from the game thinking that "Aug Lives Matter" is all its about because the game kind of beats you over the head with it in an unnatural way. Whereas the game may not be blunt about other aspects of the world-building, it is constantly performing gymnastics to inject the "aug debate" into almost every conversation Adam has. It's like people can't stop thinking about it, and its quite immersion-breaking.

I like how that bartender fucking schools JC on what it means to live in a free society.

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Deus_Ex#Isaac

Its the Australian bartender in the lucky money club. Hes easily the worst VA in the game. It's also pro-chicom bullshit.

When a transhumanist killing machine politely asks you to explain your worldview you better start splainin.

You can take any one of 1's endings and apply them to real life today. Which do you pick and why?

Here ya go.
youtube.com/watch?v=sxkdc-dusI8

Helios
Because it's the only ending that ever mattered.

it is in the game, faggot chink

>illuminati ending is basically status quo. elite are still in complete control from behind the scenes
>dark age ending is good in that it will end the era of global interconnection but a worse world regime could easily rise up to take its place
>helios ending puts the entire world under the rule of an all powerful but enlightened and fair ruler
helios ending is best by far. it's the only one that offers any real forward progress

Yeah but how does invisible war stack up?

A THEENK TAENK?

>aussie sucks chicom dick
Wow, just like real life.

>lol lets give total control to an untested machine

AI cucks are the dumbest people

He genuinely believed he was doing the right thing because he was and wanted JC to understand. From his view, this was his chance to set things straight and explain his side.

>coulda gotten a Paul game
>got unfinished bait for a sequel that's never coming with Adam shoehorned back in thereby ruining the most logical ending

transhumanists are literally cuckolds, the dark age ending is based and kaczynskipilled

Attached: LibertyBTFO.gif (1000x540, 47K)

That sure aged well.

Attached: 1563535227492.jpg (952x1080, 146K)

Can you truly even own property in the US? What's the different between property tax and paying rent?

I still don't really understand what it is they're saying here. Fix me if I got it wrong.

The US Government has split-up power between several people (Such as Senators, president and whatever the hell their titles are), and that's because human nature would lead them to abuse their power if it wasn't split up like that. Bartender is saying that creating a system based upon preventing abuse of power will create leaders who abuse their power (How will they if the system works against it?)? Or want to abuse their power? and then I kinda get lost.

>China

you wearn't paying attention, china were just the manufacturing end of it, that douchebag anti gunn- i mean aug guy who runs the political wing of the anti aug terrorists is an illuminati agent. the illuminati want a lopsided system where the public are controlled via debt to neuropozyne and they get to dictate how people get augs through regulations (ie, they all look like the workers at the end level of the game with them only being able to get fuckin cork screw arms or whatever, essentially they want the bottom classes to transhumanise into mere cogs while they being the "responsible exception" get to decide their own cybernetic destiny creating a vast gap between ruler and ruled until both are distinct species)

sariff on the other hand was promethean in his thinking and wanted nobody to be on neuropozyne because this meant that everybody could have the free potential decide how they altered themselves rather then be dictated by what was defacto mandatory from work or what was regulated by puppet governments

yes but that would end very quickly. it doesn't fundamentally change people in any way, people would revert back to the way they were pretty quickly.

No he's saying that a system built on our weaknesses and not our strengths will never be truly meritocratic

not him, but why not?

1945's stats are pretty close to accurate, afaik, but we don't have definitive data for 1900.

JC is saying that USA got a split government but Isaac replied that is only to give the power to big business and not to poor individuals. And that can be as much dangerous as an authoritarian state

>"Corporations have more power than the government. Everyone's fighting for power. For control."

- Adam Jensen

None chinks are insects

Attached: deus ex prosthetic.jpg (1160x1236, 95K)

>The chinese leave Hong Kong alone

BTFO once and for all.

Yeah, I had to go with the Helios ending. The Illuminati ending felt like too much like the devil tempting me with unlimited splendor while the already shithole of a world only got worse, and I sure as shit wasn't going to kill the internet in the dark age ending because that goes against every fiber of my being (Phillip K Dick might've been very right about people becoming a hive mind species, I must admit).
That basically leaves me to become the machine god, which honestly, just makes for a really damn cool title-drop ending.

You have to remember when this game was made. Back in the 90's and early 2000's, a lot of westerners still thought China would slowly liberalize as its economy grew and formed a large middle class. And in some ways, it did until late 2000's and the rise of Xi Jinping.

A system created purely on strengths sounds like some utopian bullshit. JC is theoretically right, tinktenk is merely exchanging a form of abuse for another

This makes sense for him to say but I'm quite perplexed as how to get that out of the actual words he speak.

What weaknesses are the system built upon?

ill pick a new dark age i wont be ruled by some fag robot

tracer tong (uncle Ted Kaczynski) was right

Technically it's true. There's a huge middle class in China and there definitely more social mobility compared to before.

As for Hong Kong, notice how the big business owners (who are wealthy not rich) aren't complaining and it's only the young have nots on the streets?

This is consistent with the message of Deus ex. The ones with power and wealth are winners. The ones who don't are losers. The system itself doesn't matter as long as you're a winner.

>A character has a viewpoint.
Fucking propaganda.

MD is prequel. So it's normal we are having surface problems.

Deus Ex and Invisible War had stories built around a few central themes and well written side characters that would dump philosophy in an interesting way from time to time. Like listening a conversation between an objectivist woman and her friend is a strip club in Paris, talking to a nationalist barman in Hong Kong or an incomplete AI hidden in a mansion, not because you must, but because it's well written and you want to listen to them.
The Montreal "prequels" focus on a single theme instead (augs) and decided to make thinly veiled analogies every time they wanted to talk about something else. Also most side characters talk about what's currently happening in the plot, they don't have personal ideas or talk about anything that isn't you. And that's terrible writing.
I would personally go even beyond and that's insulting, both to the player that's treated like an idiot and people who's struggles are trivialized because the developers wanted to make a statement, but didn't have the balls to do actually do it.

>Technically it's true. There's a huge middle class in China and there definitely more social mobility compared to before.
>As for Hong Kong, notice how the big business owners (who are wealthy not rich) aren't complaining and it's only the young have nots on the streets?
>This is consistent with the message of Deus ex. The ones with power and wealth are winners. The ones who don't are losers. The system itself doesn't matter as long as you're a winner.

This is why the Illuminati was the only redpilled option.

Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven, faggots.

Canonically the dark age ending only made some areas of the world even more vulnerable to the illuminati takeover.
Tong learns that you can't halt progress and decides to help JC in the sequel instead.

Yep, there's no freedom, anywhere.

Just the allusion.

>What weaknesses are the system built upon?
A system is weak because of weak individuals and that will produce the same qualities in its leaders
The separation of big powers from both governments and corporations allows the free ambition of individuals and that strength is what produces better leaders

And the "big powers" in this case is for example: money and influence?

Both Financial or Government powers.

youtube.com/watch?v=AAaKGIqgyvI

Bump

The best way to suppress the weakness of individuals in favor of stronger ones is by the separation of powers. When powers are divided gives more freedom individually. This is liberalism

This might be beyond any of us so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get an answer, but... governments and corporations without financial or governmental powers? How would that be possible?

>governments and corporations without financial or governmental powers?
Only limited and divided. Their endless conflict is a necessary evil for our own individual freedom. Country vs Country, or Corporation vs Corporation, as long as they never ally to use their power to limit our individual freedom.

The conflict from powers in the game between countries, companies, and races was the reason why JC Denton had the chance as an individual to free other individuals. But instead of choosing freedom by limiting all powers he chose one side to rule them all and create a utopia

Endless conflict, huh.
I'm not gonna pretend to know enough to dispute that, but it sounds very depressive.

A BOMB.

youtube.com/watch?v=6M9G_fv1Je0
>There is a lot of evil in this world, but perhaps it's better that powerful oppressive forces have other powerful oppressive forces to oppose them... Meanwhile, the world can remain somewhere between totalitarianism and liberty, while the battle is allowed to continue. I've always been a libertarian but for me it's always been a repeated cycle of fighting the left and then the right the best time for me as a libertarian in my lifetime was when both the left and the right went equal power fighting each other, that's the time when there's the greatest freedom because they're both trying to quote you the more powers that the world have that are at odds with each other the better for us because freedom is found in the gaps that forms when rule fractures because if one side has absolute power why would they let you have your piece of turf it's only when there's a bunch of people and there's little gaps of power that you can say okay this is where I carve up my life...

the scene was obviously to paint the NSF as tinfoily conspiracy theorists so that Paul's betrayal is more shocking. However since we live in a clown world, 2016 newfags take it at face value.

Politicians "believed" that since the 80s with MFN, but in 89 you know what happened. In the 90s, since Tiananmen, experts knew that China's economic growth was only going to strengthen its authoritarianism but western politicians just looked the other way, maintained MFN status, and kept telling the public the story that China would liberalize in time because they all had major investments in the growing Chinese economy

I just arrived to the MJ12 sub base. any tips?

If I ever became a bagillionaire I'd make helios

Beat this the other day. Fucking amazing, wish I had played it way sooner. I liked how there wasn't a clear-cut "good" or "bad" ending.

You can run from Simons if you want to fight him later instead

does the cloak work with him? what about the GEP gun?

He knows where you are to start with because he homes in on you to start a dialogue, but you can run behind things to hide. I just booked it for the exit door and I was able to get away barely taking a hit with speed+cloak

>Mankind Divided
>AUG LIVES MATTER, WE TRANSHUMAN WORKING WITH DOSE PROGRAMS, PROSTHETICS UP DON'T SHOOT HOMIE
>When at the end of Human Revolution nearly all of the augs on Earth simultaneously chimped the fuck out and murdered countless thousands in a blind, uncontrollable rage
MD is secretly redpilled as fuck

>>"Number One: In 1945, corporations paid 50% of federal taxes; now they pay about 5%. Number Two: In 1900, 90% of Americans were self employed; now it's about 2%... It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals.With taxes, this can be done imperceptibly over time.
Protip, retards, this is not true. It's a fictional fantasy game. Nothing in it is true. You'd think that would be obvious it's not true considering it's quoting figures for 2050. I know you guys are really stupid but surely you are aware that's about 30 years into the future?

people bring those up because it's happening.

whats the deal with writing in general getting worse and worse evry year ?

i play games or try to watch a movie or a tv show and evrything feels so fucking fake, so forced and unnatural. it is like the same 5 people are writing evrything nowadays. the west really has become a cultural shithole.

Attached: 1b338ec1a229ba4fab6dca1b77320dd3.jpg (564x564, 45K)

No, it isn't. Like 95% of taxes are taken from the rich, not the poor. The poor pay practically nothing, relatively speaking. Corporations are kept heavily in check by regulation. Anyone who thinks shit is getting worse, not better, needs to learn some fucking history. I assure you, it was not better back in the "good old days" of 19-fucking-45.

ive never played any of these games but imagine how cool itd be if they made it about the internet being used by the state to program people into thinking things so you're fighting both the state and the common citizenry because they're brainwashed by information technology

Hi Elon.
I don't want your fucking brain chips.

It's so much worse than even deus ex could have predicted. If only you knew how bad it really is.

Attached: the full redpill.png (847x2086, 2.13M)

there were plenty of stories of companies avoiding taxes. trump isn't making things any better either. face it, corporations have more power than ever. a century ago, something like google wouldn't have been acceptable.

a century ago we had oil barons sending their own mcpolice force against striking workers

In Deus Ex China is authoritarian but willing. And lives Hong Kong business owners alone because they protect the city from outside influences.
The problem China is having with HK is how they let outside influences affect them enough to make protests. If they just did their own business China could leave them alone even if they were Triads like in the Deus Ex

Do you have a single fact to back that up?
Seriously, I have a hard time believing the top 1% of the population pays more on aggregate than the middle class.
Not to mention regular garden variety Americans pay more VAT proportionately and at least a third of the annual US federal income comes from payroll taxes which business owners are not subject to.
So you gringos even have worker unions to bust anymore?
These days the US government is in bed with big tech companies instead.
I'd say things are worse if they don't even have to try to keep you down.

>AUG LIVES MATTER

Funny enough that whole deal was only in the ad campaign and not the actual game.

Attached: tQeA0c7574978523859823985093285 deus ex soy.jpg (720x1280, 355K)

Attached: onion packet.jpg (1002x857, 54K)

Corporations have always avoided taxes. This is the funny thing about this stupid corporate income tax rate thing. In the past people look at the rate and just assume that's what corporations paid whereas today they have all kinds of ways to avoid paying it, right? Well, they had all kinds of ways to avoid paying it back then too. Yes, the corporate income rate was around 50% back then. It's around 30% today. Neither today nor back then did they all pay the full rate. They don't pay taxes on income IF they can demonstrate they will use that income for certain purposes, e.g. hiring new staff. And of course, this is just a single tax in isolation. Corporations pay all kinds of other taxes they can't avoid, e.g. taxes on assets and purchases, payroll tax, etc. But people ignore all that because it doesn't fit the narrative.
>corporations have more power than ever
Utter crap. Corporations used to engage in outright warfare. They had their own fucking soldiers and navies. That is not an exaggeration. They don't have that power today along with a lot of other powers they used to have. Government has taken it all away. We were going to a corporate dystopian future but that was over a hundred years ago and government stepped in to stop it long ago.

was he right Yea Forumsro's?

Attached: Timothy_McVeigh.jpg (400x559, 16K)

That's covered in Deus Ex Human Revolution, in optional text but it's there. There's a media level where if you take the time to access/hack the computers you can read e-mails between the employees discussing the methods and progress of their agendas. Including things like monitoring online discussion forums to make sure the public is thinking correctly.

Extremes get countered by more extremes, yes he was

>Seriously, I have a hard time believing the top 1% of the population pays more on aggregate than the middle class.
I didn't say this. Middle class is not poor and anyone who claims they are is a fucking retard. But, for the record...
>taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2018-update/
>In 2016, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.
>The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).

Corporations support the Government. Without their money they can't even run an election

>It's around 30% today
my point exactly. sure they always avoided taxes but current politics is pro-corporate.
>Utter crap
google's and disney's monopolies say otherwise.

Living standards have gone up significantly, but I'm still worried about the concentration of power.

Not as much as this dude.

Attached: unabomber clown.png (634x797, 733K)

Contrary to popular belief, OG Deus Ex (and IW) was never about augmentation. Augmentation was merely a framing device to tell a story about how technological advances could exacerbate the dangers of economical and political centralization, culminating in JC merging with an AI to form a new enlightened form of government to oppose these dangers. There was never an 'aug controversy'. Augmentations were only used for peacekeeping operations. There are like five augmented people in the whole of Deus Ex, half of which are your collegues.

While Human Revolution was advertised as a prequel, it's actually a reboot of the franchise. In a prequel things should be LESS advanced, not more) yet somehow augmentation is used not just for military purposes, but everyday mundane activities. Everyone is obsessed with augmentation. This is taken to absurd extremes: even lower-class people, homeless bums and hookers are augmented. You even have augmented hookers. Why would these people spend millions to have their limbs cut off and spend the rest of their lives paying for an expensive anti-rejection drug? How can they even afford it? And for what purpose? To get better jobs? They already have millions to spend, so what do they need those augmentations for? The whole thing is impossible to take seriously.

Augmentations in HR and MD are nothing but a vehicle to preach about topical social issues like the pro-life debate and 'black lives matter' (they literally used 'aug lives matter' in their marketing). And they even fail at that. The aug incident happened because someone basically flipped a switch and turned all augmented people in killer zombies (why did nobody question why this was allowed?). This is an issue of cyber-terrorism, not social conflict.

Good sci-fi is universal and timeless, HR and MD are sensationalist garbage that's already dated.

DX should NEVER have gone to Eidos/Square. They fundamentally don't understand what DX is about neither narratively nor gameplay-wise.

Attached: 17327128128.jpg (2000x2000, 895K)

Attached: murderrace.jpg (600x450, 24K)

>sure they always avoided taxes but current politics is pro-corporate.
America has always been pro-corporate. It's a proudly capitalist nation. This is not current politics. It's the way politics has always been in America.
>google's and disney's monopolies
Call me when they have an army. I don't care that Disney monopolizes Hollywood summer blockbusters and the fact you think that's important is very telling about how warped your priorities are. Google, granted, is a concern but the government is looking at this. They aren't ignoring it.

>hey mom i made the thread again am i cool now?

>always been
no. the government had always made sure to keep corporations in check until now.
> It's a proudly capitalist nation
yes but this is uncontrolled capitalism.
>that's important
maybe it is when those companies pump out sjw propaganda and other anti-american garbage.

I called this bullshit out yesterday. IW was absolutely about augmentation. There's an entire faction in the game whose story is all about the dangers of augmentation. NSF troops in Deus Ex discuss the dangers of augmentation. You're an idiot. It wasn't merely a framing device, it was intrinsic in the story.

>the government had always made sure to keep corporations in check until now
Holy shit, user, learn some fucking history.

>the government had always made sure to keep corporations in check until now
>what is the East Indian Company?

>augs were discussed in the game
>therefore, the whole plot is about that
Based retard

they used to support the government and by extension, the country.
>East Indian Company
East indian company isn't american

>"discussed"
>an entire faction devoted to it
>two endings devoted to it
Like I said, you're an idiot.
And the discussion that comes up in Deus Ex regarding augments is basically the same thing being discussed by HR. This is not out of left field, it's pretty pertinent to the franchise and has been since the first game. You are just looking for excuses to dismiss HR. Well, sorry but the one you decided to latch on to was a poor choice.

But it was never only about augmentation like in HR, it was very important to the plot in IW but it wasn't only about that, contrary to HR
I like HR tho

HR isn't ONLY about augmentation either. It's about class divide. Augmentation is just one facet of that.

OH MY GOD JC

And finally made it Area 51. wish me luck.

Have fun user
if you're going to shutdown the cooling system for one of the endings, close the doors on the bottom floor, otherwise the doggos and mini raptors will spawn infinitely

I agree with this, but also disagree with it. Yes, it is true corporations do face more and more regulations than they did in the past, but those regulations are on things such as health and safety.

Corporations do not pay tax in many countries, and in my own (a first world country), there are many ways to completely legally avoid paying any tax at all that companies can and will exploit. Even more, those legally avoided taxes can be used to pay for campaigns and etc. for politicians to get ahead. I am reminded of this due to the fact that this actually happened in the election last year and one politician bought a really excellent campaign and then just gave all their votes to a party that is practically the opposite of what they campaigned for.

The real enemy is the two-party political system, and democracy needs to sanctify measures to prevent political parties from rising and instead rely on individual communities to govern. In my country, one political party is basically just ex-goldmann sach bankers (I wonder who (((they))) really represent), and the other are bought out by the Chinese.

The nature of "Socialist Activism" changed. Socialist Activism is no longer about helping the poor, the working class, or the underprivileged. Today it's about helping the blacks, the transgenders, the queers. Socialism has been coopted by those same government/corporate actors Deus Ex warned us about. Every Socialist in the mainstream today does nothing to help the working class, now it's all about helping those who not only don't work, but WON'T work. It makes me incredibly sad that no one on either side of the fence seems to give a shit about the working class anymore. It's a crying shame.

Attached: Sadness.jpg (546x520, 68K)

Silent > speed

>dude sex has wacky conspiracy theories for flavor
>20 years later they're not theories anymore
I never asked for this

tfw brainlet so all of that goes over my head to this day

IW was also dogshit.

It's so hard to tell if we have a Death of the Author situation on our hands or not at this point.

give me a quick rundown on how to get deus ex working properly on anything resembling modern hardware. I played through the game once ages ago but last night when I booted it up I was going at sonic speeds first/ after fiddling with the settings in random ways and rebooting the game I was in slowmotion instead

That did not age well what with the Hong Kong protest recently

See

instead of a dictator you have financial interests ruling your life

It's not a guy with a gun to your head but rather the effects of things like google or capitalist pressure that rule you.

Deus Ex was right again

Ross's Game Dungeon talked about it if you want to check out his video.

i dont get why they didnt explore the NSF origins more. in MD theres like a single article about it.

based, 15 illuminati credits have been deposited to your account, come to meditation tomorrow

>JOB CREATORS BAD!
i didn't realize how sjw deus ex is

You fucking idiot.

I think the GoG version is fixed for Win7 and Win10. It's always been like $5 so it's not much of an investment.

And finished. pretty good game. fuck the spiders though.

big corporations can't do SHIT without government to back them up

DeusExe to fix high resolution and HUD scaling, DirectX 12 renderer, and GMDX mod. You don't need anything else.

>What happened?
A canadian woman wrote Mankind Divided.

Attached: deus ex religion of peace.jpg (1200x675, 127K)

>straightforward observation that doesn't contradict anything
>FUCKING SJWS
What's your problem.

MUSLIMS GOOD
>implying jihadists ACTALLY follow the teachings of islam to the letter

>they used to support the government and by extension, the country.
they still pay taxes the most and by extension supports the government 100x more than your retarded NEET ass lifetime.

>East indian company isn't american
Jesus Christ have you never heard of the Rockerfeller?

Let's say it implies that jihadists actually follow the teachings of islam perfectly. How does one get "MUSLIMS GOOD" from that?

You are all retarded and have no clue what is even going on in HK. Its not being annexed its already owned by china. Its more or less just a "free" city that the west has eyes in. Also they only protest because they have eyes to see the world and think china is small by comparison or think at least it wont use its full strength to break HK. HK protests won't really be forgotten but they wont really even be remembered.
This is proven by your own ignorance on current world events.

Attached: 3bobpage625x300.jpg (625x300, 21K)

>Technically it's true. There's a huge middle class in China and there definitely more social mobility compared to before.
>huge middle class
user ,we're talking about gommunist here, being middle class is a sin there and it doesn't exist on paper or in any definition

>definitely more social mobility compared to before.
There is no such thing as social mobility in China, only the whims of the government.

>The ones with power and wealth are winners. The ones who don't are losers.
And Hong Kongers have one of the highest if not the highest wealth compared to other Chinese and they still go out protesting and being shat upon by the government, thus undermining Deus Ex retarded and outdated point.

come on Chang, I've seen 6 year old have way more effort than your pathetic shilling post.

almost one in every 2000 blacks commit murder. wtf.

combine deus ex + metal gear solid 2 and you have the current state of the real world

Attached: 71AC1CD7-AF8E-4D5F-84C2-24ABEA751B2C.jpg (800x1000, 251K)

pure retard, pure ideology, i bet you even think capitalism is good for you

>there are literal satanic pedophile cannibals who are some of the richest people on the planet who are all in league with each other
>russia and china both know about it to some extent and are gearing up for the last world war
>they are gearing up because they know that the satanist want to kill everyone
>people cant get a clue at still just live day to day pretending that their grandkids wont be ash upon ashes

Attached: 1517197983192.png (424x426, 18K)

what am I shilling retard? Facts? Oh yea wow.

Fuck off commie cuck

you have the real modern world, but only the mass'
Not the few.
Its so much worse. Than that by itself.

Attached: 1560911473680.jpg (295x295, 39K)

Because people have agendas to push, and money to milk.
Creativity is a dirty word in todays mediums.

Aand retard post discarded, i didnt ask for some redditor to tell me what overhaul mod to install if i wanted to play the actual deus ex

>call when they have army
its called us army retard
what, are any of your latest wars not done purely for corporate interests ? no. your gouvernement is now basically mouthpiece for the industries that won the bet
also someone seem to forget where new deal came from and how worker movements existed in us before the red scare

Deus Ex
>Blatant antisemitism.

>Inclusive narrative design.

I fail to see the problem.

I'm not gonna even bother with the other points but here is the average room HK people live in. Yet this room costs more than a mansion in America so despite being "wealthier", they already live poorer then a first class city in China like Hangzhou. This is one of the real reasons there are protests but again only for people like this and not the richest landlords who have the real power.

Also guess who the rioters are afraid of? Not the police but the triads in real life coz they have the power to hurt since people are disrupting their business protesting on the streets. Again the profit makers only care about their profits.

This is why Deus ex is still relevant and people who unironically believe in freedom first are the same retarded people who get manipulated by the Illuminati to do dumb shit.

Attached: 7b1bedda-c11a-11e6-85c8-a5c9105fe082imagehires_0.jpg (615x400, 185K)

Redpilling is the quickest way to eliminate an enemy

The mechanical apartheid slant was driven by 2 immigrant employee who wanted to make the game into a vehicle about their feelings of living in an unfamiliar country. It's as retarded as it sounds and someone really should have caught that deus ex had a lot more to it than social class divisions.

You sound like a dog, willing to do anything the One Party says.

>hong kong people are more afraid of triads then the police

O I am laffen

Good thread, feels like actual people in here, rather than bots shitposting.

Pick up the news instead of relying on Reddit then.

Attached: 6577a28e-abe7-11e9-a61f-bc570b50c4e7_image_hires_161806.jpg (1200x800, 129K)

>muh russians
discarded

>Chinese police are literally raiding hing kong protests as we speak

Lmao the party has you totally brainwashed. You can't even follow the news because poo bear won't let you have the real news.

trans rights are human rights
youtube.com/watch?v=bfxOMYpA8dM

>Already changing the subject after being proven he doesn't know much about the situation in the first place.

It's ok. We don't know everything.

And that is why we are the wisest of men.

The Western game industry has massively declined and is now run by total retards. Deus Ex was a mature, sophisticated and prescient look at the present and future, while Mankind Divided is just a hopelessly obsolete civil rights and anti-apartheid fantasy that has no relevance today. If MD was made right now, it would be about nazis instead, since that's the current leftist zeitgeist (in a year or two it'll be something else again).

>listening to the morpheus conversation and thinking about the present day

where did it all go so wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=1b-bijO3uEw

Attached: Morpheus.png (428x706, 280K)

>The Chinese leave Hong Kong alone
That hasn't aged well at all lmao.

How did I change the subject? You said triads are scarier then police when then I told you police are actively beating millions in the streets. Last I checked every last mass slaughter od the Chinese people was done by the government. Last I checked the organ harveating ring that has affected millions is a goverment run program.

The reason property is so expensive in hong kong is because everyone wants to love there to escape mainland China's direct infunace.

What happened to China? Have asians always been sadistic robots? I thought "the east" was always like this reliable trade partner for the west, people were great, had great art and colorful culture etc etc

Now today they're like soulless cyborgs. Did Mongolia turn them into this? Did Khan's hordes turn them soulless?

Any historyfags in here?

scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/3019524/least-10-injured-baton-wielding-mob-suspected-triad

>Police officers, who arrived at the station at 11.15pm, when the mob was gone, were surrounded by dozens of angry residents and protesters.

>"Where have you been? You are supposed to protect us!” they shouted, expressing their anger with expletives.

Wow cops are so scary right? Then why do people want those scary cops to protect them from the mob then since they are beating millions on the street as you said?

Attached: 3000.jpg (700x420, 41K)

Why are you equating all of Asia with just China?

maoism ripped chinas soul out

Bro...I like this more than the augs vs human shit. MD is easily one of my top 5 games of all time, but this narrative is far more interesting than MD's.

Any form of government is evil, both HK and Mainland china are evil and their leaders need to be killed.

I never played MD, but the original's story was more about the characters rather than the conspiracies. If you played the original for the plot, you need to be shot.

Don't stretch the fiction too far for a real-world comparison with the actual protests going on right now, which aren't the result of "outside influences" (unless you count HK colonial period as such) but real protests by HK citizens against a law that would allow the Chinese legal system to extradite HK citizens based on trumped up charges such as the "traffic accident" and such of the HK booksellers:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causeway_Bay_Books_disappearances
So basically with the extradition law China could arrest any HK citizen, fabricate some charge like prostitution (such as they just did with the British consulate worker) or unpaid fines or tax evasion or whatever, and whisk them off to a mainland prison to be tortured until they "confess". Given how many precedents there are and how badly the Chinese gov wants to silence all of HK's youth and more patriotic and China-weary citizens it's no surprise 2 million people or 33%+ of the population came out to protest, if you think that's due to foreign meddling you're incredibly naive. On the contrary, the fact that Lam has only momentarily suspended the law rather than retract it altogether has highlighted to HK why they need to not only be vigilant but moreover why they need to reform the LegCo and CEO position to be fully democratically elected as opposed to only 40 out of 70 seats and an effectively Beijing-appointed CEO.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2052's HK will actually be relatively independent of China come 2052, but it's retarded to retrofit DX's fiction to understand the current protests.

>a police unit shows up
>the mob gets scared and starts running
>a few get caught and beaten
>they feed this stupid story to the media

Because of reasons.

Thaaaat's right, I forgot about that part of their history. I remember hearing about his impact on the country in the past, just couldn't remember. Thanks man.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_B6kSEHXnk

DX and MGS 2 are techno thrillers while subsequent games represent (not talking about MGS series now) impotent fetishization of tech. If DX still existed as franchise, it would continue to be written by people who like stories about cool bosses and like working in glass towers. Cyberpunk's main problem always was that it represented corporate hellscape as inevitability, and as something cool. How many of you wanted to work for UNATCO? I certainly did when I first played the game, and was angry that I have to side with Paul.

>implying those are not plain clothes police out to stir up trouble pretending to be protesters
>implying that is not one of the ccp's favored moves
>implying the south China morning post is a trusted news source and not a mouthpiece of the ccp.

Lmao

Deus Ex and MGS certainly missed the mark on millenials and zoomers looking towards it for political guidance and prophetic merit. Taking life and economy lessons from several snippets of text in a video game because no one is going to read even simple stuff like Manufacturing Consent or Sowell's Basic Economics.

What reasons?

Clearly you didn't play DX past the first few missions.

What the fuck are you talking about? Don't you know politics is all about national identity?

Yeah but none of that means shit when DXHR was just about a dude with knives for arms crouch walking behind random guards and slitting their throats for 99% of the game.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Websites_blocked_in_mainland_China

Not fully related but funny enough scmp is supposedly banned in China itself.

>implies Jihadists accurately subscribe to Muslim beliefs
pretty redpilled

I liked deus ex because it had real books in the game with excerpts you could read.

National identity is a bone thrown to the plebs by their corporate overlords. At least commies were smart enough to eschew it.

>On the contrary, the fact that Lam has only momentarily suspended the law rather than retract it altogether has highlighted to HK why they need to not only be vigilant but moreover why they need to reform the LegCo and CEO position to be fully democratically elected as opposed to only 40 out of 70 seats and an effectively Beijing-appointed CEO.

I dont agree with everything you said. But I think this point needs to be stressed more. A lot of the governing body is chosen by corporations not the people. And these corporations all have mainland china links since that's where a huge chunk of business comes from.

That is a huge flaw. The people up there wouldn't mind selling out HK just to maintain their profits and power. They don't give a fuck coz they got connections to protect themselves unlike the average HK person. They have freedom not unlike the common folk.

I really do like the music when your in the DuClare mansion

>he doesn't play as an antiaug. Seeing his augmentation as a curse.

You have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about. The Communists were all about national identity. Corporations want national identity to vanish because then a population won't tell them to fuck off and refuse to buy their foreign products, opting instead for something made within their own country.

Why do you think it took so long for a McDonalds to appear in Russia?

Attached: 1565808948895.gif (222x330, 545K)

>supports the government
their (((support))) is nothing. they no longer serve the good intentions of the country.
>have you never heard
yes but why would you bring up a british company?

I found Human Revolution to be dull and tedious and ended up dropping it after about 20 hours
The OG Deus Ex is one of my favorites though, an all time classic and I'm pissed at myself for not playing it before 2018 because "hurr it's old"
Why did Human Revolution fail to grab me? It just doesn't feel nearly as interesting or engaging. Am I retard?

Attached: JC.png (475x495, 262K)

Human Revolution is a pretty bad game

You're mistaking communism being about national identity, with Russians promoting their national identity. More than just a communist bloc the USSR was a Russian hegemony and the Kremlin sought to crush other cultures and national identities and make them conform to Russian culture. Russians being imperialistic and nationalistic proves nothing about communism itself. You have no idea what you're talking about.

How do I stop naming my JC "JayZee Dankton" and pretending that's his canon name and everyone just says it with an accent?

Because the writing and music are inferior.
Also playing as a cuck is not as fun as play as an autist

>modded
OH NO NO NO NO, cope with the fact that you were wrong

This is my opinion only. But I think of Deus ex is forward thinking. Meanwhile Nu Deus ex only focuses on the present.

We can come up with tons of crazy things Deus ex predicted but not so much for nu Deus ex.

Aug lives matter really exposed them hard. It was supposed to be based on events back then. But since we don't talk about it or the issue it was based on anymore, it really didn't age well compared to the original Deus ex.

Nothing, chinks have always been soulless robots. In all of their thousands years of history they've been an inward looking civilisation.

They are still reliable trade partners though for just about every other country. It's only trump really wanting to stir up shit. The art and culture you can blame western influences which naturally destroys everything it touches.

>Phillip K Dick might've been very right about people becoming a hive mind species, I must admit
Which book is that from? It's been a while since I've read his stuff

I think you're oversimplifying the message in Mankind Divided because you didn't play it and just watched the trailer. But since you saw a black lives matter analogue and your propaganda handlers told you it's bad, you're reacting negatively.
These games warn about shit like this actually, and about easily manipulated meatdrones like yourself.

Story was kinda dumb but MD had great world design

"I didn't play DXMD" the post

If you found a dude trapped in a fridge would you kill him or leave him to his indefinite cold torture? Keep in mind a lot of things are his fault.

Attached: Lucius_DeBeers_1.png (696x644, 233K)

As a property owner you can do whatever you want with that land, as long as it's zoned for it. Renters can't do jack shit.

The story was effective, but incomplete. Also the characters in general were weaker than in the previous game. The aug riots were incidental, not central to the plot.
It's something that becomes evident after playing it, but the OP didn't. He was just told by his outlets to come shit on the game.

It went from gay as fuck conspiracy theories to actually relevant issues.

It's quite hard to believe that Adam Jenson is just a regular security dude with some fancy augs you don't even have to use and he can break into any place on the planet and sneak through and kill every guard without a sweat. JC at least has the excuse that he's possibly the most trained individual on the planet for that sort of thing.

property tax actually makes sense though since the owner of property benefits from the security provided by the government that they will ensure the property is his
otherwise someone could just walk onto your property and say "This is mine now" and you'd have to settle it however possible
Property tax is the only tax that makes sense but even then it should be less than it is

>/pol/cucks buying into Hong Kong Pepe psyop
Pepe was never popular there

That's exactly what you should do. If you can't kill JC you should try to convince him.

>Number One: In 1945, corporations paid 50% of federal taxes; now they pay about 5%.
Well that's actually a bit misleading because in the 1940's corporations, just like today, found loopholes so they didn't pay their taxes either and this has always been true throughout our history. Tax Havens, loopholes, exploiting various bankruptcy rules. The best of the brightest from business law firms don't go to work for government or the state, they get paid by the corpos to save them as much money as possible by using every trick in the book to avoid paying their taxes.

Lol you people know nothing about taxes, the corporation as an entity get taxed at 21%

Activism... Has changed.

Attached: Screenshot_20190824-093548_Google.jpg (1440x804, 406K)

tell him everett has no intention of reviving him
do a sick dab and jump out the window in typical JC denton fashion

You know what you should blame for corporations paying low effective tax rates? Globalism, almost all the tricks big business uses involve income stripping and using foreign jurisdictions to take advantage of favorable rates. Tax reform is trying to crack down on it but it's still there. Corporations don't fuck around with the IRS if they can possibly help it, everything they do is legal as far as the letter of the law goes. One of the big ones is that they would have a disclosure that would say that the income earned was "permanently reinvested overseas" and the government would give em a pass.

How about instead of spouting off about shit or reading about it from some hack journo you can look at financial statement footnotes and tax planning information.

Modern capitalist leftists don't even understand what labor is. They're all happy being infantilized in pointless tertiary sector jobs as long as they get to consume pointless shit like NPCs. Our masters have successfully reduced the right VS left dichotomy to superficial society issues like so called minorities instead of socio economic matters.

Outright warfare has been an outdated concept for a long time. Much more efficient to poison the minds and acquire slaves who think they're free.

A reminder: The devs that worked on HR had to learn the concept of making a game where every player will experience it differently and not see most of what's in it in a single playthrough. They had to unlearn their conditioning that games should be designed to sign-post everything, nudge players decisions and allow multiple paths to be chosen with none excluding the others. They failed on both counts, yet it would have been obvious to them not only if they had played the original DE, but virtually any RPG. I never completed HR because it felt so compromised.

give me the list of conspiracy theories that somehow became true between DX and now

They were all already true then, it's just becoming more obvious now

>augs cost millions
No dude this pair of cyber mecha arms that can lift a semi truck costs as much as a whopper at burger king lmao

Dude, there's like 100 different theories concerning labor.

>I don't care that Disney monopolizes Hollywood summer blockbusters
user, Disney is close to monopoly on media. They can shape narrative anyway they want if they achieve that. It is not just blockbusters, but also news, and other 'vehicles' that drive the culture
All in the name of profit.

Break open the thing so he dies from exposure like House

Still not good enough. Shareholders kill creativity and excellence. Chasing profit instead of product quality has also lead to a sharp decrease in quality of goods be it household appliances, entertainment media or operating systems. Worse yet, political activism has gotten so fierce some corpos aren't chasing profit either anymore and are willing to take huge losses just to appear woke.

Fucking clown world imho.

>They are still reliable trade partners though for just about every other country.
Do I need to whip out the Russian user's story about buying steel from China?

The world of HR seems to only exist for Adam to stroll through it, like a theme park, enjoying each ride before hopping off and going to the next one without really putting in much thought. Except it's a shitty theme park so all the rides are "crouch behind a guard and press q to slit his throat"

Number One: that's terror

Btw. he's cold

>The human being created civilization not because of a willingness but because of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning. God was a dream of good government

Really makes my jogging noggin

For some reason Steam says my play time on HR is 6 hours. I have finished it, or at least I'm sure I have. What were you doing for 20hours to get bored and quit?

youtube.com/watch?v=JKF0IYwhrjk
Here it is from the vanilla version of the game. This is one of the weirdest crusades I've ever seen anyone on Yea Forums go on.

What were YOU doing that you finished it in about 1/7th the length of a proper playthrough?

>replying to a shitposting schizoid

the best part about this, is that it's completely missable iirc, there are people who never even found Morpheus ingame while playing it

Apparently not quitting.

Unpopular opinion time
I liked invisible war more than HR ot MD
The atmosphere and music more than compensate for any flaw the game has
Also, as flawed as it's story is, it's themes are way better than muh augmentations

Attached: Dxinvwar.jpg (256x367, 138K)

Well, you got that going for you.

>Don't be evil
In 2014, Larry Page said in an interview with the Financial Times that this slogan should evolve because it no longer reflects the current ambitions of Google around biotechnology and robotics.

Between 21 April and 4 May 2018, Google removed the motto from the preface, leaving a mention in the final line: "And remember… don't be evil, and if you see something that you think isn't right – speak up!"

>Larry Page
>Page
OMG, doo sex does it again

Most (((rich))) dont pay any tax since their income is not by jobs, because they dont technically have jobs. They use the tax and debt to weaken you further, just like they did with paper money which is completely worthless since it can be printed faster than you can work for it, also food coupons exist for the same exact reason : to keep poor people poor Its also school teaching you to get a job and be an employee, get a degree and get into debt. Its also why there are so many shit colleges and why the work hard plan is an ultimate failure in the long run. Memecoins were sabotaged was because unlike fiat toilet paper it was impossible for (((central banks))) to get a grasp on it. Hurf durf I'm a paranoid, schyzo gib peels.

Important to not that China was less authoritarian before Xi presidency. The last years reversed this course.

>he thinks it's only China who are souless but people
LMAO

no the fuck it wasn't. You end up equally joining their side later in the game dumb ass.

eventually***

>don't be evil, and if you see something that you think isn't right – speak up!
You couldn't make this shit up lmao

Attached: Google.png (1179x701, 229K)

jesus christ, you're a fucking moron.

Just drop the parenthesis and spoiler tags, it's kitsch and pointless.

communism

cultural revolution

Cyberpunk is science fiction as critique of capitalism, which the original Deus Ex writers understand but those of the reboot truly do not. Transhumanism is a compelling theme within cyberpunk not because it creates a rift between those who can afford the best upgrades and those who cannot, but because it is an allegory for capitalism dehumanizing the working classes and turning them into disposable cogs in the machine. Deus Ex takes issue with transhumanism within the context of a capitalist society because it inevitably objectifies humans and strips them away of their dignity. People literally lose their body and mind to corporations, becoming little more than tools of the powers that be. In a world where technology is owned by corporations, merging nature with technology is akin to merging nature with capitalism. Progress, humanity, and capitalism are at odds and this contradiction only exacerbates as time goes by. The message is that giving up your freedom and humanity is inevitable so long as progress is done on capitalism's terms. On the other hand, the new Deus Ex games take issue with transhumanism within the context of a capitalist society because not everyone can afford augmentations. It is a shallow and uninteresting take on transhumanism that might as well be used on any other unevenly accessible technology. Instead of taking advantage of cyberpunk and transhumanism to explore deeper issues, the reboots tread old ground.

At least you can jump in that game. And that alone is like the 101 way to check if your game has enough GAMEPLAY FREEDOM to consider it good.

Yugoslavia promoted strong patriotism.
China promotes chinese nationalism.
Vietnam communists were virulently anti-chinese.
You already mentioned Russia.
The only exception seems to be the Cubans.

Attached: 1554651412579.png (1024x823, 588K)

Good luck.

We're 100% black.

And you can say because of that choice to talk it out, eventually it led JC to switch sides. Remember, in the original script there was going to be an option to gun down your brother and stay loyal to UNATCO.

Attached: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (480x270, 39K)

Good critique

>own property
eh is funny, technically you never own a house in China you rent it.

>some corpos aren't chasing profit either anymore and are willing to take huge losses just to appear woke.
Got some examples of this?

Majority of coastal middle class people were hilldawg voters, it'd make sense to pander to them on things like video games, hard to believe for me all the woke trash in entertainment is happening only because some execs and shareholders are genuine virtue signalling buffoons.

>Got some examples of this?
Not that user but he's probably talking about Gillette losing 8 billion after their woke commercial. There's also marvel and dc comics which i think have taken a pretty massive hit after a bunch of virtue signalling.

you can jump in HR

Tell him it's lupus and moonwalk away

I was thinking about Nike and Disney but Gillette works too. This just goes to show how prevalent it is. Literally take your pick. Losing money to pander to minorities and sexual freaks seems to be super trendy for big corpos right now.

you can? Why dont I remember it then?

I havne't played either of the new DE games yet but one thing that I loved about the first game was the actual relevant political commentary and how it predicted a lot of shit that came true. Yeah, it was crazy with all the conspiracy theories but at least it was grounded in a relatable world. It just seemed like they went off the deep end with the latter two.

I actually thought it was interesting, the entire aug lives matter movement was coordinated by the Illuminati and within the first hour there's TV news broadcasts on the walls warning that every person you talk to online is just an AI proxy and to watch out for deadly viruses, it still seems pretty based and redpilled in its world. I dont see how this WOULDNT happen if there was a giant aug killing spree just think about it.

The HK protests proved a few things about China's political strategy wrong:

>Everything is based upon the social contract between the government and it's subjects; democracy exists so that when the social contract is broken revolution doesn't occur. China has already failed this test, it failed a decade ago when it imposed screening requirements for HK candidates as a means of ensuring only pro-Beijing supporters get into the government. As a result, the HK government is now ineffective.

Not that it really matters in the context of DX, by that point all of the HK police are gone and replaced with MPs who work directly with the Triads as China is doing IRL. This strategy only works insofar as criminals can be trustworthy, which is to say it doesn't work because there's no honor among thieves. Ingame, see how quickly the Red Arrow throws Beijing under the bus for Tong.

>In trying to ensure state-owned banks have lots of cash to loan out to subprime lenders on the mainland, development was curtailed in HK to keep rent high. This, more than anything else, is what is driving people into the streets because they don't have a future anyway. The social contract has been broken by the very powers trying to preserve it for other people. Only financial power matters in HK, which is why Beijing regularly harasses HK with threats of replacing them with nearby Shenzen.

Ingame Tong laments the high rents of HK when you're in Paris, for whatever that is worth. But notice how rich westerners (Jock, Page, Paul, the Page Industries workers) live in the top of skyscrapers while most of the HK NPCs live in shit in the canals. The cut side mission about human slavery on the junker boat played into this as well. HKers got screwed by foreign capital because their government chose to make a deal with them instead of letting regular people have a say in their affairs. This underlies Simmons' entire plan to run the Chinese government using Maggie Chow.

>Strong leaders don't produce strong systems, they just accelerate the consolidation of political power and make a single point of failure. IRL HKers have learned this the hard way, with Xi choosing not to step down after two terms. Now all of his personal weaknesses, including his inability to strike a deal with the west, will screw the entire country.

Simmons has to go through a million steps to coup the US government over the course of the game, which follows upon decades of work by Page to build Area 51 into his personal base/data center. This doesn't have to occur in HK because it's already run by the Triads who make a special deal with the military. Much like in real life this means half the political power rests on thugs who work for the highest bidder, the Red Arrow literally runs a casino/strip club like Trump does. Using Issac's own logic, HK then becomes a giant tourist trap for foreign sailors while everyone else lives in shit. More realistically it just becomes a place for the west to finance a revolution once the Triads' price is higher than the Chinese military's. Tong knows this and is why he is keen to make money selling plague vaccine to the US to finance his operation. It's why he flew to Vandenberg near the end of the game.

Additionally Page's death itself shows the problems in China's system, especially if Area 51 is destroyed the entire global conspiracy falls apart. Even if it's preserved it just throws all the weight onto JC and Everett, an untenable situation that just leads to another JC killing them like JC did with Simmons and Page.

it was locked behind an augment iirc
deusex.fandom.com/wiki/Cybernetic_Leg_Prosthesis_(DXHR)

All of this extremely obvious to anyone with a brain though.

Maybe if the third Jensen game gets finished, Paul will be an unwinnable final boss.

No it wasn't. The augment simply let you jump higher.

ah i see, its been a while since i played

I've started the original like 3 times but have never beaten it but still consider it one of my favorites because the writing was that much better than just about any other game and the sheer depth in its level design beats just about every other game I've played.

I really want to finish it eventually, which I will, but I'm always playing other games.

See the entire tanker level, even at the highest levels of the Chinese military the captain is willing to be bought off because his daughter doesn't want to live in China. Ditto in France with the couple who want to live in Colorado. Freedom is alluring, if intoxicating, in of itself and even a glance at it leads to corruption worldwide as people try to obtain it.

The only way against it is to build the system to balance powers against each other, which is over and done by the time DX1 starts and UNATCO is created.

CPA here. Point number one is misleading. S-corporations (pass-through) weren't around in the 1940s, so it makes sense that they paid more in the 1940s.

Get to the point. Was Deus ex redpilled on HK or not? That's the only thing that matters

no it was pro-china

No because instead of being an alternative to a UN/US dominated world government China has integrated with it. The current divorce through tariffs is enough to ruin their economy (aka social contract) and will ruin their system over the next decade, much like how the 90s was a lost decade for Japan.

at least in regards to popular music, it really is like 5 people writing everything, I'm not sure about movies and vidya though

I only watch old movies now. There's enough pre 2000 stuff to last me a lifetime. Fuck current year movies and TV shows.

What if I got my degree without going into any debt because its cheap to go to college in my country? I dont have any loans or owe any money and I'm just finishing up a Business Analytics degree.

Maybe the point is that "Aug lives matter" is a huge issue for Adam and it feels shoehorned because it doesn't concern you in a personal way

I don't know if you could gun down Paul but there was actual recorded lines where JC says something along the lines of "yeah, UNATCO may not be perfect but I'm not going to betray my country" and Paul laments JC not going through with it.

>i will lag to shit on even the most powerful setup of the timer i came out

For more information, reference this article. It's in layman's terms.

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/aug/28/bernie-s/bernie-sanders-says-tax-share-paid-corporations-ha/

>One type of corporation, a "C-corporation," pays corporate income taxes on its profits. Another type, the "S-corporation," pays taxes on its profits through the individual income-tax returns of the owner.
>"Changes in tax rates and rules for C- and S-corps contributed to more firms becoming S-corps and thus paying individual rather than corporate income tax," said Kyle Pomerleau, an economist with the Tax Foundation. That has boosted individual income-tax collections and reduced corporate income-tax collections.
>Between 1980 to 2010, the category of businesses that includes S-corporations, sole proprietorships, partnerships and LLCs has increased by 10.9 million to over 30 million, while the number of corporations has declined, Pomerlau said.
This means there are fewer corporations to pay the corporate income tax. In addition, the amount of business income generated by these types of businesses has risen as well, Pomerlau said. Between 1980 and 2010, this type of income has increased fivefold, from $320 billion to more than $1.6 trillion, he said.

I think there's a few reasons for this
1) Voice acting means you have less dialogue and you have extra baggage with approvals so you're less dynamic
2) Modern writers are narcissists and don't write for the craft but write for social media head pats so the work becomes a sermon
3) There's also a general problem with nepotism and insulated social microcosms where well connected people become entrenched and new writers don't break through.

>your propaganda handlers
The game's marketing, you mean. You can cook up whatever term you want to to describe it, it doesn't change that was part of their ad campaign.

Nah, once you bring the power generators down, they can't be powered back on. Even if it did, it would take centuries.

Attached: r.png (1393x841, 1.57M)

>Current year of our Lord
>Still being a lolbertarian

>Utter crap. Corporations used to engage in outright warfare
Warfare is mostly about information today, and not necessarily between nations but between big organizations (governments, corporations, etc.) and entire populations.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-generation_warfare

Yep, that's the one thing Alex Jones is 100% right about, we are living in an age of infowars and the amount and intensity of disinformation the public totally believes in is staggering.

>It's like people can't stop thinking about it, and its quite immersion-breaking
Considering that's exactly how conversations in real life work nowadays, how is that immersion-breaking?

Buying a house and raising a family on one salary is still increasingly prohibitive.

>going into debt from college in 2019 anywhere in the world
you are a genuine retard if you do this
>community college a.s.
>entry level job
>move to solid full-time
>job pays for b.s. etc
if you take any other route and get hit financially, it's your dumb ass fault, not "the system"'s

>not just getting scholarships

Attached: 1378859051151.png (334x393, 134K)

t. libertarian

Attached: 1558441168790.jpg (500x375, 28K)

Ethanol, aka corn, is a fossil fuel that works in most engines. H2 cells, first used in high-altitude mines that could not afford expensive mechanical pump systems, too. Besides this power can come from hydro dams as they originally were, or nuclear reactors (which can breed new fuel easily and cheaply, which is why proliferation concerns exist).

Just drive 3-4 hours out of Chicago where all the corn states require high ethanol blends into gasoline.

Ingame Jock's helicopter officially uses ethanol fuel cells for this reason.

>anprims are retarded
sounds about right

Yeah but how do you convert ethanol into power, or how do reactors, dams, etc. function, without an industrial system and electricity already in place? Not to mention all the other products we get from fossil fuels, like plastics and lubricants.

>In 1900, 90% of Americans were self employed
Is this even possible on a countrywide scale?

farmers

I viewed the Aug Lives Matter stuff as being a distraction in the games world, much like how identify politics are distraction IRL too. Much of the more classical Deus Ex conspiracy stuff is in the game still, it's just hidden because all the charters and--the player too--are distracted from it by identity politics. I'd like to think this was intentional anyway.

>Ethanol is a fossil fuel

Attached: 1537924609507.png (636x632, 39K)

The thing about this is that, even if fossil fuels were purely needed for energy and nothing more (which they aren't, like I said), what guarantees we will adapt our entire global infrastructure in time to change from getting energy out of coal, oil, or gas to nuclear or renewables (which aren't efficient or have 0 environmental impact anyway) before oil runs out?
We certainly aren't doing it now, and we're gonna postpone it until there's not enough fuel around to support an ever increasing global consumption AND initiate a process that consumes an enormous amount of resources?

This shit is not sustainable at all, period.

Attached: 1556685324858.png (1234x852, 87K)