Demon's Souls

Daily reminder that there's no excuse for not playing this game in 2019 anymore.

Attached: Demon's Souls (4).jpg (3840x2160, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SonofUgly/DeS-Texture-Pack/tree/master/menu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

will there ever be multiplayer
I miss bloodstains

doubt it

Not sure if my i5 8400 can run it at a stable framerate. Too lazy to find out I guess.

How much of a pain in the ass is it get a PS3 emu up and running? Also is a 1060 enough to run Des?

The GPU doesn't matter. Unless you have a beefy CPU you can kiss it.

30fps lock and maybe even 60fps locked.

The emulator runs mostly on CPU, a 1060 is fine and you can crank the resolution up to 4k but performance will depend on your CPU.

>Playing Demon's Souls in 2019
Uh, t-thanks for beta testing snoyggers?

*Playing Demon's Souls in 4k at 60fps in 2019, something previously impossible until a couple weeks ago
ftfy

The emulation is still imperfect. That DOF in the screenshot looks like ass.

Wake me up when it's better and the multiplayer is working.

I'll wake you up when you stop coping.

Because it’s shit that was improved greatly by the sequels?

It's not the same without the online functionality.

I found it to be more memorable than Dark Souls.

Who cares about getting invaded in the middle of a hard spot. Fuck that.

I dont have a PS3

>The emulation is still imperfect. That DOF in the screenshot looks like ass.
That's how cheap and easy DOF works, it offsets the image and makes it transparent, and it doesn't scale well. It's being accurately emulated.

The DOF in Dark Souls looked fine though. I'm pretty sure what you have there is an emulation error.

Attached: 050263[1].jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

Other than to marvel at how broken it is? Ehh there are better souls games now.

It's still miles better than DaS2.

Not him but I played it on the PS3 for years and I always noticed how the image was distorted like that in the distance. It's just way harder to notice that at 720p

Holy fuck that DOF effect looks terrible

Dark souls is not demons souls

The DOF in Dark Souls works differently, it renders it at a lower resolution and blurs it. That's why you get a DOF rendering setting in dsfix.

No biggie, they'll get around to fixing it in another 10 years lmao. Fucking emulator fags I swear.

The second best game of last gen behind Dark Souls.

Ok, can I turn it the fuck off then? It look bad

anyone else fall for this meme?
the game runs like absolute shit in parts, half the shit doesn't even load or you need to wait around for it to happen, the shield i started with refuses to load, period, the guide is crap it's basically "choose vulkan and untick this box here"

also i want to run it at 1080/60, i have the patch, do i select 1920x1080 or 720 then upscale it? no explanation for this anywhere...

it would be a better switch game than DaS is.

>another 10 years lmao
RPCS3 started development in 2011, Demon's Souls has been in a playable state since 2017 so it's only 6 years.
>Fucking emulator fags I swear.
sounds like a butthurt console only peasant.

I wish emulation was harder so it would filter dumb people like this more easily.

Post some more 4K screenshots you faggot. Show more areas, enemies, fashionsouls etc. You know the drill.

Attached: des_knight.jpg (1539x1539, 606K)

>i dont know the answer and he's right about geometry not loading preloaded, I will just him lmao

son, i was emulating shit in the 90s, get on my level

You'd have to make a patch.

yeah let's see some more screenshots from the first 5 minutes of the game after it has had time to load all the geometry from user running around back and forth everywhere, truly the best way to play DeS

i will just insult him*

Attached: heh-i-was-almost-forced-to-face-the-fact-that-42300022.png (500x347, 53K)

This, show me the compiling shader cache screen from somewhere after phalanx.

I've posted a shit ton of screenshots the past few threads, I'm not gonna do that again but here's a favorite of mine, though this is only a 10k screenshot cropped and not actual gameplay.

>hurr how do I do basic shit?
>durr I was emulating shit in the 90s
yeah whatever

basically this you only have to deal with compiling shaders once you enter a new area and it's pretty fast depending on your cpu.

Attached: 42 (1).jpg (3013x4193, 2.44M)

This was from before the framebuffer dump screenshot option was added, so only 1440p.

Attached: rpcs3_2019_01_14_13_22_53_906.jpg (2560x1440, 1.13M)

out of bounds?

Attached: 17.jpg (5120x2880, 2.13M)

Yeah, there's little villages and towns way out in the distance in a couple places.

I can see a thin outline around the HUD thingie in the top left corner. Also the DOF is still really horrible, please patch it out. Twilight Princess on the gaycube had the same effect and there are user patches that disable it when running on Dolphin.

having several minutes of loading interrupt the game to compile shader cache ruins the experience.

>yeah whatever
oof, got me hard there

>having several minutes of loading
CPU or speccy pls, the cache barely takes 5 seconds to load everything for me on a 2600.

Is there any way to get some preloaded shaders or something? I can run the game perfectly fine, but that stutter from shader cache the first run through is absolutely cancer. I had the same problem with Asura's Wrath but I couldn't find a shader cache pack for either so I dropped them.

Are you sure it's stutter or the flickering bug on the latest builds? If it's the flickering bug you can fix it by reloading your save.

Ah yes, the game was vastly improved by scrapping spear invaders with 99 of every healing item

Nope, you just have to deal with it. I'd rather play on a PS3 at this rate.

Its being caused by the shaders being cached. Like for example if I run through all of 1-1 and die and spawn at the beginning, it'll be completely smooth because everything is cached up until the point I died, where it would start caching again. I've heard some games have community made shader caches you can preload to avoid the skipping, but I've had no luck for Demons Souls or Asura's Wrath.

Yes, when that happens it stutter for a second or two. Again, what are your specs, there's no way you're taking "several minutes of loading", your own words, waiting for the shaders to cache. Are you playing on opengl?

10k? That's as many as 2.5 4ks!

It really ruins Demon's Souls, making tons of deaths completely bullshit. RPCS3 is a joke.

My excuse is because there is no one to invade

>I can see a thin outline around the HUD thingie in the top left corner.
That actually would be an easy fix. There's a bunch of gray around the menu items for no reason as you can see here, and rendering at higher resolutions means the coords can be slightly different, which is why it happens (and why you sometimes get weird specs or lines in text in games). All you'd need to do to fix it is make the gray bits transparent in this file.

Attached: Menu08.png (1024x512, 455K)

you're the one coping here lmao

>there's no excuse for not playing this game in 2019 anymore.
How about I've already 100%'d it, and it's unquestionably the worst soulsborne game by leaps and bounds, so the fuck would I EVER play it again?

Too busy playing ASB now that it's fixed.

Attached: screenshot-2019_08_24_02_08_08.jpg (1920x1080, 759K)

Mouse+Keyboard or Controller?

>no excuse
I gotta buy a Playstation.

Based. I'm currently playing Xillia 2 myself, I played the first one on the PS3 but it's nice playing the second on PC without those awful jaggies although the higher resolution barely affects the visuals in this game.

Attached: screenshot-2019_08_24_00_30_06.jpg (3840x2160, 1.88M)

wheres the screenshots

>playing a souls game with it key features missing

Attached: 1557966127631.png (684x529, 134K)

Not anymore fellow gamer

I played it in 2009 when it had multiplayer it would be an inferior experience in 2019

Is there actually a way to do that yet?
I know some guy replaced the fonts with higher res ones

You can customize your inputs and play on anything, even a guitar hero controller. I'm using my DS4.

stop taunting me user

Attached: screenshot-2019_08_19_02_42_19.jpg (3840x2160, 1.58M)

Sure, download these and replace the files in USRDIR/menu/
github.com/SonofUgly/DeS-Texture-Pack/tree/master/menu

Attached: screenshot-2019_08_23_20_38_09.jpg (3840x2160, 3.77M)

oh and delete RPCS3/dev_hdd1/cache/

I was 8 when this game came out. Saw my brother beat it but I never played it myself since I was into really casual games back then. I remember him telling me he misses when games used to be harder and weren't afraid to be video games and Demon's Souls was similar to how games used to be long ago. Was he right Yea Forums?

>no Multiplayer

whats the point if I cant scrapping spear people's gear to shit as well as bullying them with soul suck +stormruler to the wall?

Attached: 1541577125280.png (540x319, 218K)

Thanks friendo

Attached: Annotation 2019-08-23 235849.png (1821x1022, 1.38M)

Healthbars are still invisible for me

Is there a workaround for the shaders? I don't feel like stuttering constantly just to even get them.

Best you can do is asynchronous shaders, which keeps the game running while the shaders compile, but that means shit will be invisible for a second

This gives me a serious "game magazine CG" vibe.

>a crestfallen warrior like dude chilling on a ledge
lmao is this trope in DeS too?

can you emulate unpatched launch darksouls yet?

You could download someone else's shaders, but they have to be the same version. But as they're constantly changing how shaders are emulated and updating the version, it's sort of a fools errand to make something like CEMUcaches right now.

user...

Attached: Untitled.jpg (3840x2160, 835K)

Thanks but no thanks, I already got The Surge.

What game is that? King's Field?

King's Field IV, there's also a crestfallen warrior in KF2(3) iirc. A lot of the shit in Dark Souls came straight out of Demon's Souls though.

I tried the ptde version and it was emulating fine but the framerate was pretty bad, around 20fps on average so the game was playing constantly on slowdown.

2 had one as well, I didn't get far enough to see one in 3. Shadow Tower Abyss didn't have a Crestfallen Warrior, but it did have a Patches.
Also naturally every game of KF2/3/4 and ST/STA has a poison swamp area.

lmao Miyazaki is creatively bankrupt

>king's field
>shadow tower
>miyazaki
user pls

Miyazaki didn't join FromSoft until 2004 which was after all of those games had already been made.
Oh and Eternal Ring had one too.

Him copying this stuff from other people doesn't make it better.

>copying
more like paying homage

Why does everyone suck a garbage game like morrowinds cock but an actual good game like kings field gets no love

Unironically, PS2 games are way too old to have any notable fanbase here on Yea Forums. Outside of the Persona/SMT fags.

As much as I love King's Field and Shadow Tower, they're very short and simplistic compared to Morrowind and Elder Scrolls in general. I do think they're still better games though.

Does the PS3 or PS4 controller work with RPCS3?

Attached: 1522685927321.png (1080x1349, 1.17M)

It crashes as soon as I walk into the building after the second enemy, there's my excuse. I've tried a fresh install, several different configurations, and even a different copy of the game to no avail.

Yes but you may need a third-party driver, I don't know for sure because I had one before I used RPCS3

I use a DS4. I think it supports both natively.

>playing emulators on pc for fun
Id rather pull my pubes out

>they're very short and simplistic compared to Morrowind
Fuck off basedboy

KF4 has a very rough start. Most people probably gave up when they walked a few steps and fell into lava, and anyone who didn't probably gave up ten minutes later due to the aiming controls. Anyone who pressed further probably finished it.