Other urls found in this thread:

isthereanydeal.com/game/underrail/history/
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psycho-temporal_Contraction
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Limited_Temporal_Increment
underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4197.0
streamable.com/bvqt4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why do you encourage autism?

And I was about to make a thread asking everyone to be nice and stop arguing about difficulty.

Guys stop bullying Nikolai
My 130 Persuation compels you

I actually really enjoyed his posting, but he should really try out dominating. Tbf anyone who enjoyed this game should try it out at least once.

For me? It's xpbl_muties.ogg
Frank and I are good friends
I know what it's like to be a mutant after all, I failed the Gas the Drones mission a few times

>figuring out you can get early mark 4 grenades through crafting
Fuck yeah, what a god send on this shit run i'm having on hard. Who needs rng when you can just merk everything before combat starts?

Attached: grey-7.jpg (400x300, 30K)

It's just fags trying to create shitposting tribes. Like the classic vs oddity nonsense that that one omega autist spent literal days trying to force.

Hi lads just want to say posting here for underrail and grimoire made the games 4x more enjoyable
Never stop the tism' my brothers and (possibly) sisters

I can't go without my trusty Grenadier trait anymore, I've become a nadehead

>cant go to DC as a mutant
Fuck Styg desu why does he hate fun

It's just fun bants, don't think they actually mean to hurt your fee fees m8.

Fuck off with this autistic difficulty shit

Shut up samefag.

fuck off autist

That'd be great. Play the entire rest of the game as a mutant. Throw in some mutant-only feats too.

I don't know when "bants" got expanded to include "autistic screeching".

I am playing an Enlightened(TM) Psi Man on Normal for my first playthrough and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

How the hell are you supposedto beat epione lab?
Security cameras everywhere rendering my stealth moot and practically no room to maneuver may glass cannon

Another innocent child lost to satan's temptation

Based, don't let any autistic fags tell you what to do in a single-player game

Noooo don't take that psi pill

>Chem pistol acid counts as friendly fire when the friendly AI paths through it like retards
This run just keeps getting better and better, you chem pistol shills need the noose.

get gud, Styg needs to learn how to not make gameplay shit

Whatever
Who doesn't restart they're first character by level 10 anyway

Normal pure psychosis psi with 10 CON and thick skull is the canon playthrough and there is nothing you can do about it.

Fuck me that was bad grammer
Dunno where that they're came from
Forgive me

real men who go hybrid

>Improved AI in Dominating
Anybody that has played DOMINATING difficulty knows that's a lie

>Carnifex fight
>Throw poision caltrop between me and him
>Carni walks ALL around the caltrops to get me
>Walk through the caltrops (Sure Step) to the other side
>He does it again
>Repeat ad infinitum

>Brap nade
>Fire nade
>Force Field
>For 4 turns, they stand there in the gas and fire, dying
>Some even leave and enter the kill zone because they cant get me

>Enemy runs out of bullets during a turn
>Repeatly tries to shoot it for 12 times instead of reloading

>Enemies will throw grenades even if that means splash their own allies
Etc

Fry the camera when its not looking or have enough movepoints to just run past

>thick skull
just because you have one in real life doesn't mean your video game character needs one too

I didnt see any difference between hard and dominating
Is the normal AI actually better?

Of course not.

Yes, it walks through fire to own your ass if there isn't much and tries to find the shortest route through it to get to you.

Normal AI is dumber, Hard and DOMINATING AI is more exploitable.

>Enemy runs out of bullets during a turn
>Repeatly tries to shoot it for 12 times instead of reloading
I always find that funny.
Comes up a lot during the Eels raid on the Scrappers base.

>Hybriided
>Restarted
>Miss him with every shell i expend

Depends, sometimes it's better sometimes it's worse. Really there are so many things to consider that it's hard to say which one is better. Imo dominating ai is easier to abuse, but in general is smarter.

forcefield just needs to be a bullet sponge you can run through like many people have suggested, caltrops and traps already impede movement, we don't need a fuck huge barrier, that also would make these skills synergize better

like being able to throw grenades or caltrops literally on your forcefield instead of a fuck huge wall of space blocked off

While that's neato that's also quite stupid once you know how to abuse the AI
The AI should have a command that tells them to avoid toxic gas, and to avoid fire if they cannot resist it well or HP is dangerously low

Lets be honest, an actual INTELLIGENT AI would be harder than Dominating AI; this is why I think there should be a smart AI mode with normal/hard difficulty settings
Lets not fool ourselves here

Enemies have 50% more health and 30% more skills. Some encounters will have 50-100% more bad guys, etc.

>forcefield just needs to be a bullet sponge you can run through like many retards have suggested
fixed

my big 3 for any new material is
>nerfed traps
>nerfed psi
>boosted AI

I wasn't sure I'd like the jet ski stuff but it's pretty fun

>The AI should have a command that tells them to avoid toxic gas, and to avoid fire if they cannot resist it well or HP is dangerously low
They already do? Intelligent enemies at least

Not really, enemies will go through brap to get you

What was the name of that lady that used to fly through the air with that dog pippin?

It's 20% off right now. Buy or wait for autumn sale?

Is there a website that tracks steam price history? Like the Amazon one. Really curious if it has been cheaper.

but it fixes the problem of ai just sitting in your hazards they can actually go through it and it synergizes with things that already impede movement, forcefield as it currently stands is just a retarded cheese tactic with about 1/10 the strategy required to use as the suggested change would have

also if you want to have an argument you can't just say someone's a retard, you have to use evidence to support your claim and actually justify your position

isthereanydeal

Ive seen many times humans hiding in that one tile in a corner that isnt covered in flames or gas or running to the nearest room until it dissipates

isthereanydeal.com/game/underrail/history/

People that clamor for things to be nerfed in a single player game are genuinely retarded. If you don't like something then don't use it. Force Field itself isn't good anyway and requires a feat to be usable.

It's literally 15 dollars off sale for hundreds of hours of gameplay/content just with the base game. What constitutes a good buy for you at this point? Getting it $3 cheaper?

>2 turns of invulnerability isnt good
Uh ok

I like the land vs jetski combat when it happens
Getting into a good spot and plinking pirates off their jetskidoos is a treat especial

>Force Field itself isn't good anyway and requires a feat to be usable.
Bre...

Attached: 1566505115596.jpg (392x388, 31K)

>Brap nades
Someone please release a mod in which makes enemies say 'Hhmmm yes, quite pudgent my dear' while standing on toxic gas
Bonus points: Make them say *SNIIIFFFF* while very low HP

it's a broken cheese tactic that makes all other tactics trivial, making it actually tactically balanced means the game has more viable options, and is more rewarding to play

making the forcefield a bullet sponge opens up your options for tactical play instead of restricting them

>people that want to play well-designed games instead of random unfun garbage are genuinely retarded

Well, we agree that there is a genuine retard in this conversation.

>an actual INTELLIGENT AI would be harder
This is true for almost every game. I think with turn based games it's a little more obvious when the AI is making sub-optimal decisions. Off hand I can't even think of a game with genuinely surprisingly clever or intelligent AI.

Nothing is forcing you to use Force Field. If it bothers you then don't learn it. Simple as that.
>this one thing bad!
>that make whole game bad!
Retard.

>If you don't like something then don't use it.

Maybe, retard, the non-retard that you are retardedly speaking to DOES like the game mechanic in question and wants it to be usable without breaking the game, you fucking retard.

Ah yes. The two entire fights where that matters sure ruin the game.

>this one thing bad!
>that make whole game bad!

You want the bad thing to stay bad, and presumably feel the same way about all bad things. If the game developers even considered listening to your insane child opinion then yes, the whole game would be bad. Have you ever thought about anything, ever?

It varies actually -- sometimes they walk through take the damage but don't aggro on you. In any case, can just switch to Cryo and turn people into blocks of ice.

the ability could be better for tactical play by allowing enemies to run through it and into hazards you set instead of blocking you off from all action, think trenches and no man's land in ww1.

you don't have to post in this thread if you don't care about tactical gameplay in an isometric rpg, you can just suck your own dick

>the fights where using aoe damage makes the most sense
>you cant use any because game mechanics are retarded

>Carelessly burning your only friends
Why you ended up on Yea Forums lad

I don't think Force Field is bad. Styg and co. obviously agree.
Nah instant barricades are way more interesting. Just because you like to use them in a cheesy way doesn't change that.
Personally I use them to make a congo line of dudes for easy shotgun bursts or running through them with melee.

It's lore accurate to the brain development of South Underrail people.

4 actually so far, the arenas a real cunt right now. i've been an smg cuck this entire run and haven't got to use my chem pistol effectively yet.

I'm currently playing through on Normal, at about level 16. I'm looking forward to finishing this run and then playing again on Hard or Dominating to play with different factions and go a different build. I went melee this time so it'll probably be pretty fun to go a ranged character next time.

I might try Shotguns, maybe going for heavy armor since my current character is a lightly armored melee ninja.

Attached: 1540784432267.png (125x125, 14K)

would locus of control gained at level 21 be ok? i made a knife character with TC and i won't be able to gain that feat until that level

Well it WAS $6.

>Oh look jhonny fingerbang of underrail is using his weapon against the enemy!
>hmm there seems to be green burning goop splattering from the shots
>Let me run through it to help him with my rusty knife!
>Ow that mother fucker burns, fingerbang is gonna pay for this *whistles* hey boys we got a turncoat here lets get him!
Makes sense.

you could already make a de facto barricade with caltrops and traps, the change would make gameplay more interesting, but you don't want that, it's fine to be unable to understand something

If AI was at peak performance you wouldn't be able to win at all. Do you think it's hard to write decent AI in such a simple environment? I remember using Flash's difficulty mod for DA:O that made the game barely beatable, then I wrote perfect party AI via expanded tactics options mod and my party just cleared the shit I was struggling with like it's nothing.
Styg could make a fifth difficulty with perfect AI and you would get roasted by rathounds after leaving SGS for the first time because they would all group up and sit in an open space, out of your reach, without moving until you come close to take you out in one turn when you do. Human enemies would cheese the absolute fuck out of corners and any build without 200 MP wouldn't be viable.

Neither of those forces enemies to form up single file.
And stop pretending like you even care about this. If you really cared you'd stop bitching about it on Yea Forums and mention it on the forums.

Welcome to the South

Yeah and that would be actually challenging and fun
Rathounds shouldnt have high level intelligence ofc stop drinking brew

of course it's not like it stops being useful based on your level

You'll clear most of the game by then. It's still good, but you should get it ASAP if you plan to get it at all.

>The arena
Dude, those two fags the arena sticks you with don't even register as a threat by the time you get there.

I'm level 10, and they're not a threat but it's annoying as fuck.

I care enough to make the point here as of now, but it should be obvious to most people when they are first exposed to the idea, maybe you aren't smart enough to get it

>and you would get roasted by rathounds after leaving SGS for the first time because they would all group up and sit in an open space, out of your reach
>shoots at them with a gun
pshh nothing personnel ratty.

how much perception do you need to find all the secrets in the expansion?

Favourite "dungeon" in the game?
Lunatic Mall might be my favourite
Lurker base is pretty good too, those nice serpentine hallways are heaven for trapjerks like me

Are throwing knifes worth it in a HOPLITE build?
Crawler poision throwing knifes could be an useful tool besides throwing javelins

I just found out you can also sneak into the generator room and switch off the power there which makes sneaking through a cakewalk. Neat!

reminder that hard+ difficulties are gimped shits

Attached: difficulty.png (737x500, 55K)

its not known

Nah, you're just another retard bitching about single player balance that's too cowardly to bring up your "criticism" to the devs themselves.
You don't care and are wrong anyway. End of discussion. Don't bother replying.

Not him, but games where the AI plays defensively are rarely fun to play. They restrict your options to a point where you are often forced to go through with a stupid strategy because the AI has all the time in the world to wait for you to make that stupid move, because waiting is the most optimal, and no amount of creativity from you will goad it into action.

>armor changing in stealth
I never even considered that, neat

not cowardly, it would usually make more sense to get a group of people with similar opinions to help you push for a change, that includes talking about it and getting the opinion of others, we've discovered you aren't very smart so you would never understand it, but many people think the change would make sense, once you have a big enough group of people to vouch for something there is a higher probability for success, maybe something you didn't know

Hol the fuck up
Are you saying that you actually play with an unmodified HP on Hard and Dominating?

depot A is great; really feels like a "system"
west storage depot was a blast the first time through

yeah I can't think of anything that beats depot A
it really feels like a full "dungeon"

>400%+ boss hp
Christ, i don't even want to imagine carnifex on dominating.

Tchort is Evolution

Hard is normal difficulty
Normal is easy but it's called normal to not hurt your feelings
Easy is brainlet mode

He has 2600 HP if I recall
Once you get 50 total Mechanic Threshold the fight becomes trivial

hard is cucked healing mode, normal is canon

if hard didn't have cucked healing I would love to have harder encounters, but cucked healing isn't the solution

Never had any problem with healing on hard
t. 3 Con gang

3CON gang reporting in!
Papercuts are life threatening to me

it's still cucked even if you never need to heal, meanwhile every enemy injects 3 hypos and an adrenaline every turn

dominating might seem too hard to be fun at first, but once you start playing it you never stop

I've only every played on dominating and I can't even imagine being able to pop a hypo for for 80/150/300 every five turns.

How the fuck do you even die unless you're playing a 3 con character?

How in the ever living fuck do you get 50 mechanical threshhold early on? The earliest i've beat him was level 11 on hard, is that possible on dominating without being a tin can?

Yeah cool bre I love getting in motion too

Is the story and rpg elements (dialogue side) good in this game? I've only ever seen people talk about the combat on here.

You dont let him hit you
That's not a meme btw

tfw
>3 con
>psi
>melee
>first try, not prepared

Attached: if only they had studied the blade.png (1113x948, 1.8M)

maybe you play psi but until you discover forcefield cheesing you actually run around with a gun trying to hit your enemies and it often doesn't work

tungsten metal armor, metal boots, metal helmet

Because this game is mostly about combat. Still more of an RPG than most of the trash out there, but you should play Age of Decadence instead if you want roleplay.

>How in the ever living fuck do you get 50 mechanical threshhold early on?
TUNGSTEN IS LOVE
TUNGSTEN IS LIFE
>is that possible on dominating without being a tin can
Also yes, get lucky and win initiative roll and just dont get hit
I'm not even joking, caltrops are your friends

oddity:
>nononono *snort* *fails lockpick check*
>just ONE MORE BAR STYG PLEASE

classic:
>WHIRRRRRRR
>+10000 EXP

I devoted doctor feat for this
was it worth it

Attached: cliff.png (1921x1080, 1.36M)

Careful with mentioning that game, it might trigger the local retard into sperging out about not being able to heal in combat at all.

The game is mostly about combat. The writing is interesting but 80% of the game is spent walking around caves and dilapidated ruins while fighting off raiders, wildlife, and mutants.

kek

>>just ONE MORE BAR STYG PLEASE
When this actually happens when you need to tackle down an important quest it feels so fucking bad man

You can heal with the power armor.

Very nice.The only good native is a dead native.

Healing is the thing that singlehandedly makes or breaks ANY RPG system.
All the harder RPGs have severely nerfed healing for a reason, because having easy, free resets in your HP dickwaving contest (because that's most of what happens during fights) is not a good RPG design and never will be.
Now, you might argue that having severe roll problems coupled with enemies not having the same restrictions as you do is bullshit, and you might be right about that as long as you do not consider how you have crafting on your side, let alone things like Forcefield or abundant access to various flavours of warcrimes, but still, healing should always be nerfed, not to mention that if you feel like it's unfair on Hard and above you might as well invest in Doctor and Fast Metabolism, it's not like two feats less are going to ruin your build either.

Attached: Underpilled.png (525x137, 95K)

I didn´t pick up the feat and I purposedly avoided that zone
I don´t want to save either, fuck them

Hammer wizard here
Since I'm a massive moralfag, I take Doctor everygame so I can save him
Reallistically, depends on your build, Doctor becomes actually valuable when you're a 10 CON Tin can, even more if you actually have Last Stand, otherwise not really

>*fails lockpick check*
I don't even have lockpicking. There are enough oddities lying in the open to have 99% of EXP of a character with all subterfuge skills.

>prepping for Beast fight
>forgot gas nades at home
Fuck I hate Foundry it's too big for no reason

I also found that on my first run of 0 stealth, 0 lockpicking, and 0 hacking. No problem with getting enough exponence to be satisfactory level for Tchort's basement

the enemies will always have more hp than you anyway by nature of them being 20 strong and you being one guy, in this game you wave a flaccid micropenis around with your hp, it just doesn't make sense to me that that would be the thing nerfed in harder modes, I can understand enemies having higher skills and generally being tougher

also
>DOMINATING

So a lot of merchants have two tiers of special stuff they will sell you once you hit different tiers of mercantilism. If I qualify for the first tier, can I get that tier of loot and then later come back when I have more mercantilism to get the second tier? Or do I have to unlock both at the same time?

>it just doesn't make sense to me
Because you're a brainlet.
More health and shorter cooldowns=more chances to fuck up and recover from it. Simple as that.

its because hard clearly wasnt hard enough

>in this game you wave a flaccid micropenis around with your hp
Invest into CON then.

He needs to fix the god awful #% for attacks because I miss so many 95% attacks its not even funny. It is so statistically improbable for me to miss 7/10 attacks when I supposedly have a 95% chance to hit this stunned guy but it just happened. I swear that either the number is wrong, or dodge/evasion is calculated after the #% or something. That is what pisses me off most about this game and higher difficulties. You can do everything to ensure that you have the best possible hit chance (since 100% is not possible) and yet you just get cucked constantly. Stop cucking me Styg

>it just doesn't make sense to me that that would be the thing nerfed in harder modes
Funny, because HP and healing used to be the only things difficulty changed.

Go to the firing range and test it yourself.

So if I get this right Telekinetic Proxy turns my single target attacks int Area of effect attacks?
t. never used it at level 20

*sees you at the end of a hallway*
*throws crawler poison caltrops in front of you*
*tickles you with a laser pistol*
*runs behind a corner*
hehe.. nothen personul

You can do them separately. The second one won't be a check you have to pick, once you have enough skill the merchant will just inform you that their selection had been expanded.

>Telekinetic Proxy will mimic your single target telekinetic psi abilities and effects if the target is within its radius.
>single target
>if the target
No.

I'd rather have him fix the initiative roll range, that shit is ridiculous on Hard and Dominating and the F5 into F9 spam of CRPGs because your initiative roll fucked you in the ass has always been fucking ass.

Reminds me of a review I read where the guy was playing on easy and still said the game wasn't "fair" enough.

What is it with you and cucking dude?

Attached: 1545189120384.jpg (229x220, 11K)

A fix for that already exists in the game.

>Improved AI in Dominating
yes, Improved AI=more psi beetles

This is the only post I've made in this threat.

Imagine if they cast Forcefield, now that would be fun

>Styg
>Nerfing Psi

He'll just nerf unarmed against next patch.

in comparison to the 20 guys attacking you

If I want to do a heavy armor shotgunner (I have never played heavy armor before, so I'd rather do that) what psionics should I take, if any?

he intends to do something about psi

55 TM and maybe force fields if you want.

Did he say that anywhere?

I'm just saying logically it doesn't make sense you can only use health hypos less often than enemies, I have no problem with the game being harder due to other factors, but logically within the game world there is no explanation for lol you just heal less

What does 55 TM get me?

fast man ability

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psycho-temporal_Contraction
and
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Limited_Temporal_Increment

on the discord

I brought up that psi is super OP, he said he knows and intends to do something about it in the future

Thank you guys. Probably pretty necessary for a heavy armor gunner. Makes lots of sense.

It's necessary for every build because it's OP and so hard to resist speccing into

It's easy to kill that urge once you realize they'll be nerfed into the ground.

Styg intends to balance psi by nerfing the best ability for non psi characters surely this is the slav balance we've been waiting for

>Pass the persuasion check for the 44
>Given virtually no ammo, and ammo is expensive early

th-thanks

How could he really nerf it? TM was meant to a support skill set that's attractive to non-psi characters, so if it gets nerfed even moderately then it's just another big dick for psi characters to swing.

Should have chosen the shotty, that thing is godly early on.

he'll probably tone down the action point and movement point buff

Every time you use it, all the characters on screen call you a pipeworker

BADA BING BADA BOOM
ashes

Attached: AW HERE GOES.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Attached: 1558610365965.jpg (827x1049, 234K)

>Okay guys I noticed that Psi was a little too strong and should be toned down so now Unarmed will incur 200% mechanical resistance and spear throw damage reduced by 25%
>Also some bug fixes

EY I'M LURKIN OVER HERE

Are gas grenades even worth it if you don't have force field or a door to abuse? Seems pretty worthless on hard and up in bigger areas considering fights end in 2-3 turns before they even fully activate anyway.

The real question is will Styg ever nerf gas grenades

Attached: morning after big acid party.jpg (1437x897, 387K)

>get the train to north underrail
>game crashes
Is this happening to anyone else?

>forcefield just needs to be a bullet sponge you can run through
>forcefield just needs to be a second energy shield
Brilliant.

Yes. You can very easily throw down some caltrops, throw a gas grenade near them, aggro people, then run away. They'll run through the gas, get poisoned, be unable to move, and then slowly die/deaggro and you can repeat until they die.

I hope he buffs cryogas nades

i mean the game ends there so all you're really missing is the ending slides

>Are gas grenades even worth it
Oh no no no no sir please do not mind all these toxic farts for free stacking damage debuffs it's not worth your time at all I say, believe me, you should totally invest in throwing knives if you want to fill your slots.

>Al Fabet sells a captured cat
what the fuck

Yeah I want to use them but there's really no point when you could just throw down some caltrops instead

Man gotta do what man gotta do to make some money.

I tried to buy it but it just disappeared...

That quest as Chem Pistol is so cathartic, I honestly believe even on DOMI that all you need is caltrops and 100 acid vials, cooked shot just eventually builds up enough acid pools that everything melts by the time it reaches the top of the stairs

Okay, I think I definitely fucked something up on my shotgun character. I have that, and Carnifex is still fucking me up. And last time I tried fighting him, he was doing energy damage to me too.

Is it possible to release a captured animal or is this cat my new, permanent travelbuddy?

You can release him in DC

you can't shoot through it either and enemies could actually get to you instead of sitting in gas for 3 turns

That's exactly why he'll nerf it.

plus it would keep the combat going instead of a lul in the action

Thats what I did with some gas as a bonus

Wouldn't it make more sense to teach the AI not to be drawn to the field like moths to fire when it means sitting in hazards instead of reinventing the spell completely?

Should've grabbed it when you could, choice goods don't stay on sale for too long.
This, I'm capturing everything I can for all of them to cuddle together in DC.

Should I buy Underrail or should I just replay Fallout 1/2?

sure but we know that won't happen and would take more work

allowing characters to run through it allows you to combo it with caltrops, traps, gas, and fire, yet there isn't a lul in the action like there is with wall forcefield because they could potentially get through

>Should've grabbed it when you could, choice goods don't stay on sale for too long.
No I mean I tried to add it to the barter but it literally vanished

Join us and play this wonder of slav magic.

Attached: Fragmented Chaos.gif (320x240, 1.78M)

So what happens if I give Azif the ethereal torch?

Again, take it to the forums instead of endlessly bitching about it here.
I honestly just want to see the other regulars laugh at you.

This would be easier than mending the AI? I'm not sure I completely understand your idea. Care to elaborate on exactly what it'd do? For example would it be possible to stand and act inside the field?

What stats should I be looking for for my Heavy Armored Shotgunner? I know I need to eventually get 9 Perception for Fragmented Chaos, but what else?

Dump the rest into STR and CON.

should i stop leveling TM once i can use stasis?

He pockets it and you never see it again. Also you may or may not get paid.

6 agility is a must.

What feat am I using the 6 agility on?

I am sorry for asking so many questions, but my only other character was a melee character with low armor, so this is like the total opposite.

Thank you.

I never bitched about it just offered a suggestion to improve it, your reading comprehension is at a low level

fellas I need help with the music puzzle

this is mickey's data
{mickey}
min6
maj3
maj6
6304674424*7444
630477474*474774744474747*7
630447446*764744444
630477474*74447474744644

and this is the string of text the webpage spat out at me:
ODETO 1O_E SUN
THERI T_THR EEOF SPRING TI_E
PRISMA _ICSI XSOOT
THEOA R_ETO WERING STARS

how do I get the code from this?

the forcefield would be a 3x1 wall that blocks bullets and maybe all projectiles, but can be moved through, with caltrops this would effectively do the same thing the current forcefield does, yet there wouldn't be a lull in the action for 4 turns, where enemies pile up outside your gas and die

Not him but 6AGI unlocks Sprint

Keeping it then, thanks.

This puzzle is the brainlet filter, you're on your own bre.

Attached: 20190814204535_1.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

I am trying to do the warehouse mission where you steal the shield generators. I am wearing Bob's armor, I have his ID badge in my utility slot yet the guards are just attacking me the instant they see me. What gives?

>tfw brainlet and have 0 patience so i can't into turn based games
>seeing my numbers go down and me not being able to do anything about it triggers me
i guess these games just aren't for me

Attached: foiled again.jpg (312x341, 28K)

What's your persuasion?

Your core complaint is that the AI will sit in hazards. You can do this with with any kind of chokepoint and CC. Force Field isn't the issue and focusing on it betrays your true intentions.

You're not Bob, and they aren't blind

I snuck through the air vents

Then why did they bother telling me to get his armor and pass?

what are my intentions then, because you've just said a buck of bullshit so far

my intentions are to turn 4 turns of sitting behind a forcefield until enemies die into actual gameplay that incorporates other skills that isn't just an I win panic button

I've explained this many times in paragraph form, fuck off retard

Do they really attack as soon as you come in los or is it just "hey you're not bob" when you get too close

you're not alone, i tried this game because it sounded fun and i just went on normal because i didn't want it to be too hard
>still have to play like a giant cockminge leaving traps in doorways and chokepoints because if i don't i die or waste resources
>get bored right after depot a
i went melee and the amount i actually melee is fairly low because i just spammed molotovs and other throwables

I never used them on hard. It was only dominating that made them worthwhile.

I actually am just an idiot. I was trying to walk past the guard that is at the stairs where you come up, but he doesn't care about any uniform and just attacks. I went through the vents to the stairs, went up that way, and I am able to walk around.

I didn't see there were stairs before, I am blind.

underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4197.0

>You can do this with with any kind of chokepoint and CC
No you can't. All other CC has some sort of inefficiency. Most are only single target, for instance. Flash bangs stop when the target takes damage, and even stingball grenades need to overcome resistance. Not to mention that all stuns come with the built in balance of second wing and the possibility of thick skull.

Force Field is absolutely the issue because it avoids literally every single one of those flaws.

>I snuck through the air vents
If you're going in as Bob you need to go in through the front door wearing his armor and badge.

early game melee can be like that
nades and traps are a little too OP, so its often better to use them instead until your build catches up
some people just refuse to use them

How would you pick the direction of that 3x1? What happens if an enemy stands inside the field? What if it's a ranged enemy? What happens if you stand inside the field? Do you get a 360 protection from all ranged attacks? Would all psi bypass it? Would all thought control and temporal manipulation?

user, this idea is a mess. A very overcomplicated solution to a situational problem that could be solved with an AI fix.

>ODETO 1O_E SUN
................1 < there's the first number
each line should have a number in it

Play as a hammer wizard

Attached: Succ.jpg (1024x768, 185K)

I ran into this on my Hard unarmed build. Up until about level 10, I had to use traps and throwables as a major crutch. Now I can finally beat most enemies to death.

Wut, how do you make implosion do over 100% health

I can see them being amazing if you abuse los and doors. However all my builds are glass canons that kill things on turn one or get rekt. However i'm trying a chem build so maybe it will be more useful, i can see how many warcrimes i can commit with braps, molotovs and acid and get the high score.

Attached: whatwarcrimes.jpg (473x365, 26K)

>Force Field is absolutely the issue
Look closely at this image. Notice anything out of place?

Attached: 1566011568994.png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

I honestly wouldn't recommend a melee play through for the first play, the amount I had to reload my saves got annoying because I didn't know about certain things.

>goes full ham into a room and gets wrecked by 6 dudes
WOOOW I WAS PRESSING BUTTONS AND STILL DIED

>go tin can with gun and just shoot anything with ease as i learn the system
best way to learn

the 3x1 would be in a horizontal line and the front of it would be at the edge of a square, so moving over it and into the square would put you past the forcefield

in its current state forcefield allows you to cheese shit ai

if the solution is so easy why hasn't ai been fixed not to suicide into it, I'm operating under the assumption it isn't that easy to fix and this is my solution, allow enemies to run through the forcefield so it isn't an I win cheese tactic

Magnar stood in brap, so he took extra damage, other than that I have no idea

Force Field isn't the problem. Get it through your head.

actually let me change that the forcefield would be on a horizontal or vertical line, your choice

>DOMINATING fag
lol, look at all that fart gas

you shit out yourself in fear?

that isn't an argument you stupid piece of shit, come up with an argument or at least a thought before you post

>a situational problem that could be solved with an AI fix
What does the AI have to do with force field being OP
What

Actually yes when he used Expose Weakness

lol, fucking coward

It's called being resourceful, something you dont need to do in Normal difficulty.

How dreadful, isnt it?

See

Not really, no. Explain to me exactly how you did it and I'll point out how every one of those steps is more balanced than just 'toss a forcefield in the doorway and wait.'

what's the number in the last line? also the forum program gave me a different number for the first line

Attached: Capture.png (441x681, 20K)

I can find a fire or cyro collector fucking anywhere. What trader stocks it, where does it spawn? Do i need mercantile? I'm level 11 at the arena and finished depot A nonsense.

His argument was that force field lets you abuse that the retarded AI would rather chill in your war crimes than move back. Which is a problem with the AI, not with force field.

>he can't even use the cipher program

Attached: 1564132153217.png (500x500, 12K)

waiting for the explanation in words, you threw gas in the room

Why in the goddamn do firearms deteriorate so fast? In early game I'm not even finding enough scrap and melee weapons to maintain one SMG.
He clearly repeatedly CCed the one lunatic that stood in the doorway.
Try Constantine, he sells everything. High mercantile will help by extending the stock.

I dont know
make absolutely sure you typed in the correct stuff

also its made for hard; if you're on a different difficulty it might not work for you (worked for me on dominating though)

I'm also operating under the assumption this retarded ai isn't easy to fix or it would be fixed already, so that was my solution

top fucking kek

you think you're so good, don't you?

Attached: Hammer magic.jpg (1024x768, 240K)

>you think you're so good, don't you?
Decent at least to get this far with such build, yes.

>tons of enemies dead around a chokepoint
>gas grenades and multiple CC options clearly visible in the quick slots
>no psi bar at all
If you can't figure it out you have no business suggesting how to fix the problem of enemies standing in gas.

The AI stay in the gas because you block it with your force field or whatever you got
See that hole with no bodies here thats where I threw the second gas grenade, they avoid it like the plague if they can

You cant say there's no problem with force field when doors cost 25 AP to close and are one of the best thing to control a fight, and force field is 15 AP, no one can open it, move or attack through it, it's 3x3, and last 2 turns

>what's the number in the last line
My 200 IQ tell me that 3 digits are enough because that leaves only 10 combinations.

Don't fall for shitposters baiting people into starting another argument, user.

>'m operating under the assumption it isn't that easy to fix and this is my solution, allow enemies to run through the forcefield

But your fix is not easy. You aren't just suggesting some minor change, you have reimagined an ability from the ground up. What it does, how you place it, even its radius. Are you kidding me? Do you think implementing a completely new ability with new rules, new animations, new everything, would be easier than fixing the AI? Do you think the AI would teach itself how to react to this new field? What the fuck, man?

>He clearly repeatedly CCed the one lunatic that stood in the doorway.
And that requires a very concentrated effort and many steps. Any of them could get hit by the RNG and fail. Or if he was face blocking, he still had to build his character properly to do that. Being a tank has armor penalty built in for instance. Forcefield needs almost no investment and is insurmountable.

Instead of doing what he did, he could have spent less than one level's skill points and 0 feats to do that with no risk while building pretty much the same exact character. One skill did what he build his entire character to do and would be far more flexible since it works in areas with far larger chokepoints.

with a meme build too

i respect your f9 smashing skills

I got 90 quality Ancient Rathound Leather from the one in the Arena. I don't plan on using it for leather armor (slippery Siphoner boi) but I want to know what the range for it is.
I remember some user bitching about it in one of the earlier threads, but I can't find it

Yeah, you're right

ok if the retarded ai is so easy to fix why hasn't it been fixed, I offered somewhat of a solution, you abused a doorway that won't always be present but with forcefield you can make that 1 tile gap

you don't deserve to comment on my posts

>0 feats to do that with no risk
Bullshit.

Max is probably 110, the highest ones Ive seen are around 105

Attached: World's worst headache.jpg (1024x768, 325K)

>Force Field on cooldown
lmao

if it's so easy to fix why hasn't it been fixed yet, I already fixed it with my solution just get someone to do the animation

Stealing a protectorate cruiser was the best decision I ever made

Correct. That's why force field is bullshit.

I guessed 3 as the last number randomly like ten seconds after I posted that lol

thanks for the help though

>Force Field gets """fixed"""
>enemies still stand in gas and die
???

To be fair War crimes are so strong because the AI is really retarded

Attached: DOOR STUCK, PLEASE, I BEG Y-.jpg (1024x768, 235K)

You're not taking out the mall in two turns with just gas grenades. It's literally impossible.

you would need caltrops and traps to stop their movement long enough for them to die, they would just run through it

at least you aren't sitting behind a wall doing nothing for 4 turns

Shield Chads report.
Carnifex, more like Girlyfag.

Attached: Carnifex.png (394x257, 103K)

according to the wiki that you could all be checking, its 120

if riot shields let you block bullets, riot gear would be worth taking

>I already fixed it with my solution just get someone to do the animation
That's it, I'm out. Nigga you are fucking retarded.

>no this can't be happening!

gas grenades plus the cc you used, it isn't rocket science, those 2 turns of essentially free cc allow your cooldown and psi or whatever tool you used to be ready again

Being able to block bullets would be strong as hell. It just needs to be able to block slow projectiles like burrower spit and crossbows.

still not an argument you braindead piece of shit, you added nothing to this discussion

and reflect psionic attacks if you have a beetle carapace shield

Oh so the problem isn't "enemies sit in gas" it's "you sit behind cover for 4 turns."
Bro you've been so BTFO I have to assume you're legitimately dysfunctional.

Tower shield option with twice the armor penalty and/or little to no melee block.

intentionally misconstruing my point repeatedly, you're a fucking idiot, get out of my thread, I explained it in detail multiple times why forcefield in its current state is bad, maybe read the thread you stupid piece of shit

The entire problem is that force field is insurmountable and is the only thing in the game that is completely insurmountable despite how strong it already is.

Do you just NEED an inane stealth skill to do the free drones sabatoge the elevator quest? There's no way to unlock a dialogue option to somehow talk your way in? Can you pretend to join the protectorate or something?

Now I kinda miss the native assaults

Attached: 20190818232315_1.jpg (1024x768, 308K)

If you want to stealth. But you are blowing it up and everyone in there anyway, you should just fight your way through.

They were a good friend

>posting the safe screenshot every thread
do you ever get tired of it?

Nope. Literally the second post on this subject.
>but it fixes the problem of ai just sitting in your hazards
Force Field just gets singled out because it's a psi ability. You can achieve the same results with 3 bear traps, and that's without taking a huge health it.
>oh god nerf bear traps they're too strong make them weigh 20 pounds each and cost 20000 charons there fixed no more enemies killing themselves in gas

Attached: OH MY GOD HE THREW A CHAIR.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

>safe screenshot
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 20190818232502_1.jpg (1024x768, 341K)

why the fuck did you think this was a vendetta against psi in the first place, with bear traps the enemy can still shoot you and target you with ranged abilities

you're fucking delusional

>but it fixes the problem of ai just sitting in your hazards
The enemies only sit in your hazards because it's insurmountable. Every single other way to make them do that has some counter.

>You can achieve the same results with 3 bear traps
Which requires skills and feats in order to be able to do properly, along with the chance of failure and the fact that ranged enemies can still shoot you when they're trapped. How the fuck can you not see the difference between invulnerable shield that has no counter and no way past vs bear traps which require a pocket slot, a feat to even be able to set during battle, need to be reset, still allow the victim to act, and plenty of other flaws.

>They all got angry at him for telling the truth
'Traps are gay'

I see Frank! Hello Frank!

Attached: I'M MAD.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Wholesome

Wait you can throw bear traps 7 tiles away during combat? How?

same, bitch, same

Fuck wyrms

Attached: 20190819152630_1.jpg (1024x768, 165K)

Congrats, you just invented shield emitters

Bear traps have no counter and can be used by literally any character in the game. Literally 0 points put anywhere. Just set them up before combat starts and you're golden, but I guess that was too hard for you to figure out.
I swear you people are getting fucking dumber and dumber.

It's insurmountable for two turns, but that's mutual for both sides and requires placement you won't always have. You stall for time, in exchange the enemy can also heal, alert everyone in a 10 mile radius, and group around you. Unlike stasis, it is not even guaranteed to end on your turn. The 3x3 block actually ensures that unless you block a doorway or a hole in the wall they'll be spread around enough that one Destabilization likely won't erase everyone, but close enough that grenades become risky. It's a very strong ability, but it has its pros and cons.

Seriously fuck them tho

Attached: 20190819033110_1.jpg (1024x768, 237K)

Is Nimble still good for heavy armor, or is it useless because I am gonna have a bunch of armor penalty anyways?

Those never spawned for me. Then again I killed the priest before he could even turn around.

how many points in stealth do you need for that to work, how many areas of the game have this ideal location for bear traps, how many traps do I have to carry

what you just said is impractical

forcefields you can carry with no cost, less cost than this eleborate bear trap strat would require, and it's 1000 times easier to pull off

the problem is that the ai will run into your gas grenades and kill themselves, if you have force user it's almost guaranteed if not they will be severely weakened

>and cons.
No, it doesn't. That's the entire problem. It SEEMS like it's mutually beneficial, but the simplistic AI means that even the stupidest player in the world gets far, far, far more benefit than even a horde of AI characters. Stasis both requires a far greater skill investment and has an actual downside since you can't act period.

Jesus Christ, you're being retarded on purpose now, right? Bear traps are not insurmountable whatsoever. Characters can still used ranged attacks when trapped and enemies can still shoot through trapped allies to get to you. You need to spend quite a bit of time setting them up before battle, which requires quite a bit of thought, planning, and effort. Bear traps can't be set in battle without a feat period, and even then, they can only be placed at your feet. Force field can be cast again and again during and out of battle at range, and completely blocks even attacks.

>forcefields you can carry with no cost
Except for that tiny little detail of -25% HP.
>You need to spend quite a bit of time setting them up before battle, which requires quite a bit of thought, planning, and effort
Maybe for an utter retard like yourself but I find it pretty easy. Easy enough to know that the real issue is enemy AI and how easy it is to manipulate.
I don't want to blow your tiny mind away but did you know that sound travels in this game? And that you can throw grenades or set off dynamite to lure enemies over into your trap filled gas laden arena?
Take some time to clean the shit out of your pants before replying because I know you just made a messy. Was it out of shock or anger? You tell me.

How is the simplistic AI a problem for force field but not for stasis? Have you missed that the AI is literally blind to the fact that you are untouchable? They are wasting ammo on you, they use up their special bolts and grenades, and send their strongest openers, special attacks and psi, on cooldown while you can rest completely assured that the stasis will expire at the start of your turn and so you are facing no risk at all.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

>Take some time to clean the shit out of your pants before replying

Attached: 1566445660753.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

Repeat me after me user : I will stop taking the bait. I will stop taking the bait. I will stop taking the bait.
You can do it!

25 percent hp loss doesn't matter when the enemies can't attack you behind a forcefield and die from gas and fire before it runs out, idiot

Mall was fun for me the first time but on DOMI it just devolved into sitting around with a bunch of brap-nades going :/

>did you know that sound travels in this game
As a stealth build the ethereal torch is like my favorite item, infinite ammo, I can launch that sucker anywhere and distract everybody. Shit's great.

How viable is chem pistol on dominating? It's interesting enough to warrant a run but i haven't tried dominating yet.

Man, you can't really pretend that every encounter can be trumped with force fields+gas or that you're going to be willing to burn the resources on every fight.

Very.

stasis doesn't last as long and gas a longer cooldown, you might not be in a situation to abuse a singular tile and ranged enemies won't pile up onto you and will avoid your hazards

with forcefields they'll all retard rush it and die

Turns out that shield bash crit damage bonus is incorrectly set to the main-hand weapon's.

Attached: When the shield bash hits just right.png (1599x900, 1.16M)

>smelly dumb brap cheeser waiting for enemies to die
VS
>200IQ Willchad mowing down Lunatics with Cryokinetic Orb, Thermodynamic Destabilization and LoC+Enrage
Bros? I thought no psi builds were based?

gas is infinite if you visit the junkyard, any moderately difficult encounter can be cheesed with 1 or 2 grenades with molotovs

Dang it, meant for .

oooh im reportin that shit, nigga

>Cast Proxy on Locust Hive without triggering it
>Wait for Psi to go to 100
>Initiate combat
>Sprint
>Cast Implosion on Hive
>Cast Tele Punch on Hive
>Hive destroyed

So you're telling me I should use a riot shield on my energy pistol build? got it

Cryokinetic Orb alone takes out most of its hp.

>gas is infinite if you're willing to spend hours sitting around junkyard waiting for restocks
I guess?

What is it with you and gas grenades? Have you never stood on an open battlefield? Have you never faced robots or other bio immune enemies?

nerf grenades.
here's my fix
>all base grenades now affect a 2x2 area
>higher tier grenades increase radius up to 5x5
>damage doesn't increase at all
>throwing distance and accuracy is now based on a mix of strength, dex, and perception
>all grenades have a fuse timer that allows enemies to disarm or even throw them somewhere else
>if an enemy is directly on a tile with a grenade that enemy will take all the damage
now every kind of grenade is fixed

>plant tnt
>browsing Yea Forums
>BOOOOM

>Enter stealth
>Cast snipe
>Hive destroyed

I wouldn't use that shit past the rathounds outside SGS.

Nice indirect psi buff.

the point was that forcefield is an easily abusable cheese strat, yet could be improved to make gameplay more dynamic, you've decided to latch onto one word like an autist but that's ok

Wow you just destroyed every fun build i run in this game, that's impressive.

The internet would be a better place if we stopped trying to cover everything up with irony and "bants"

What's your favourite thing about Tchort?

what you're actually going to get:
>minimum throwing skill requirement for mk3+ or have increased AP costs and longer cooldowns

he is evolution

It dies in one Snipe.

What do people say about the male MC? Several people seem to think that femMC is at least solidly above average appearance wise.

Yeah we should be a hugbox like reddit, Downvote system when???

Edit: Thanks for the gold kind stranger!

And there's quite a few people who says you're fucking ugly too

this is fucking up the game way worse than my proposed forcefield idea, the only solution to this is to nerf psi to compensate how bad you just fucked every other build

its death is proof i'm the ultimate being

Male MC is a canon manlet.

Its eye is gorgeous and its body looks juicy, I want to pummel it with all my might to send all sorts of liquids flying.

Who says that other than Rude Rob, Ladelman (jokingly), and that one dude that's tripping on motion?

can you explain some reasoning behind any of this

Cant remember who but it's a woman
Maybe she just jelly

He is very clearly making a joke.

He blew himself up due to bad rng one too many times.

If the rich Talloski kid thinks the female MC is hot then she probably is.

Can someone help me set up stats for my Tin-Can Shotgunner?

These are my starting stats:
STR - 6 (For using Shotguns that require 6)
DEX - 3 (not necessary, right?)
AGI - 6 (for Sprint)
CON - 9 (For getting thick skull at 4)
PER - 8 (Will be pumped to 9 for Fragmented Chaos)
WIL - 5 (I am going Temporal Manipulation, it is not clear to me if I need to have 5 Will or not)
INT - 3 (I can dump this, right?)

Starting Feats: Sprint and then I am not sure on the second. Is Nimble good for Heavy armor? Is Aimed shot worth taking? Also Survival Instincts seems very good too.

Past getting Con 10 for Thick Skull and Per 9 for Fragmented Chaos, I am not really sure what to do with extra stat points. In addition, what are the super necessary talents, do you think?

Attached: axhhNRh.png (307x363, 164K)

Temporal Manipulation doesn't require any Will really, you can dump it

if you're just doing temporal manipulation it's safe to leave will at 3

you need 8 strength for heavy armor, you won't need will for only tm

You need at least 8 strength.

Wow, that really gives me more stat points and I didn't realize that I needed 8 strength for armor, so I will move my will to strength.

So STR - 8
DEX - 3
AGI - 6
CON - 9
PER - 8
WIL - 3
INT - 3

pretty sure there is a shotgun feat that needs 5 dex

You'll want 5 dex for leading shot at least, you need 8 strength to use the lightest tin can, will is pointless if you aren't going to be using psi offensively, and dumping int is always an issue since it slows your crafting progression tremendously.

Glad you finally admit your ideas are ways to fuck the game up and not "solutions", took you some time.

you right. I gotta live with my shame, but at least I tank it with my chad crab-shield and don't use the wall

Is leading shot worth it? I should have said that my first (and only) character was melee, so I didn't have to worry about evasion.

Yes. I found it to be a tremendous boost to accuracy and practically necessary if you want to use your shotgun and any range past practically melee range. On dominating at least.

It's the most important feat for a shotgunner

that was a joke at your expense idiot, my forcefield idea would only improve the game and remove an easy cheese sd tra while allowing you to combine different utility with it

idiot

Goddamn. So I am guessing that at the end of the day, Thick skull is just out of reach then? At least, not early on.

Depot a can be extremely irritating on chem guns since fixer doesn't always sell the component to make fire/ice versions of chem guns and muties are resistant to acid DMG. Besides that I've been doing it on DOM and its decent DMG can be sometimes kind of ass tho

You're probably gonna have to give up on either the tin can, sprint, or your thick skull dream.

>that was a joke at your expense idiot
You have self awareness on par with a sponge.

Well, I definitely want to be Tin Can because my previous character was the exact opposite: Melee character with high stealth, low armor, and high mobility. So a slower, heavy armor gunner (with some Psi) is as different as I could get.

So I guess Thick skull is out. Can you give me some recommendations for general shotgunner feats that are good? Is the Fragmented Chaos + Critical Power combo as good as it seems?

it was an ironic joke at how stupid you are, and you still didn't grasp it

where do i find the two headed grub

i'm three points away from the maximum level

never played a shotgunner, but

strength: 8 for lightest metal armor, 9 for tungsten; full-auto requires 7
dex: 5 for leading shot
agi: 6 for sprint, otherwise dump
con: good when using metal armor; may as well have 10
per: high as you can; this is your accuracy and damage stat
will: dump
int: if you want to craft your own gear (which is far superior to what you can find or buy), i'd get 5; no more than 7 for crafting feats

that doesn't leave you with enough, though.

my suggestion:
>8/5/3/10/6/3/5: as a ranged tin-can, you wont *need* sprint; maybe dont max out your armor plates and get some springs on your booties
raise perception at every opportunity including the feat "improved perception" at 26th, probably use mushroom salad as your main food

thick skull, conditioning, juggernaut, maybe fast metabolism, otherwise stick to your gun feats

some of the hives in the labrynth have stuff in them, but dont show up on tab
move your mouse over them to see if your cursor turns into a hand

I prefer:
8 Str;
6 Dex for Grenadier;
3 Agi;
3 Con +4 on level ups for Fast Metabolism and Juggernaut;
10 Per for secrets, boosts gun damage anyway;
3 Will;
7 Int for perks, being able to craft top tier armor much earlier and not being a brainlet;
Gun Nut is actually decent. It boosts your final damage by 7.5%, because it modifies the primary value without any diminishing returns.

How do you enter the Nexus of technology?

Follow the treasure trail east through the creeper caves, it loops back to the Nexus eventually.
Make sure you're reasonably well stocked on ammo going in, I ran out of acid vials and it got a bit dicey

Yeah, maybe Sprint just isn't worth it, considering I'd be spending 3 stat points on just one talent.

It is very fascinating to see how you can build the same sort of character differently.

praise be to the ultimate being

Attached: 20190823211232_1.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

So I have to kill the Wyrms
Fuck me

Do you know if gun nut's specialization is retroactive? seems like its a soild dump for spec points but it would suck dick to have to recraft guns every level

>my forcefield idea would only improve the game
I'm not even trying to meme on you but this is the perfect moment for you to close the Yea Forums tab in the browser and go to le r*ddit because that's where all the low IQ-high confidence "idea guys" belong. You could get some upvotes and some 14 year old followers and you could kick-start your little "I'm better at balancing a game than the author himself" campaign. You're not gonna achieve any of that here, only generate salt.

if you have at least 6 agility, you can just jump the rocks
>+1 from cave hopper boots or tabis
>+1 from cave hopper leather armor
>+1 from cave hopper steak, or +2 from random junkyard surprise boost

It isn't. And shotgunners have better spec point options anyway.

Oh, also, what crafting should I focus on at the start of the game? Obviously Mechanics for making guns, but is electronics super necessary? I know it is slightly later to make a shield, but before then should I be doing Mechanics/Tailoring/Chemistry to make Guns/Armor/Bullets?

What do you recommend shotgunners put their spec points into?

Which rocks? Didnt found no rocks

So I've been using sniper rifles and while I have a really good reaper the spearhead I'm using is kind of my favorite since I get to fire it twice in a single turn. At this point I'm only using my reaper to one shot big shit I couldn't with my spearhead. Is this the right way to be doing this?

>it literally vanished
You mean you literally are a brainlet and forgot your inventory plot filter on?

>mechanics
need this for guns, armor
>electronics
scopes (not for you), taser (everybody, but you can craft a cheap low-quality one and use it for the rest of the game), energy shield (way in the future), goggles (not right at the beginning, but maybe before depot A)
>chemistry
grenades mainly (mk2 is 35 I think, mk3 is 50, mk4 is 69); make the best frags you can for depot A
flashbangs need 40
>biology
25 for morphine shot, 40 for adrenaline, 50 for focus stim; anything after that is up to you
>tailoring
you need this for vests in your metal armor and padding in your boots/helmets, and anytime you use leather/cloth for anything (like stealth gear)

one map east of the nexus

There are no more infuriating shit than sea serpents and locusts

oh
incendiary grenades too (20, 40, 60)
and gas grenades (40 for toxic gas, I think)
you won't really need these much in the early game

>What do you recommend shotgunners put their spec points into?
Sixth shell is something like a 33% damage boost overall, 10/10 points will double its effect, that's the biggest boost you can get out of spec points. I would get 2/2 armor sloping by the time you have enough mechanics to make some supersteel armor, if you're not going for tungsten. Rest of the points will go into leading shot, I suppose.

Oh, hey, fancy meeting you here. Pretty crazy how everywhere you go, I end up killing your clientele.

Attached: ferryman.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

>Mutie's on the island won't let me in anymore
What's the big deal? I got the arm and left. Is giving them medicine time sensitive or something?

did you fix the generator?

>time sensitive
It's not even time consuming to begin with. Literally just call the Savage in front of the mutie doc and you're done with that.

I need bio resistence equipment, where do i get some?

I think i sold that suit close to SGS

the best is the CAU armor, if you know what that is
infused heartbreaker leather armor and boots/tabis, plus a gas mask or sec trooper helmet

First time playing this game, anything I should be wary about?

>Savage won't give them supplies if they have the chip
What is this bullshit?

Attached: 1566392500273.png (299x274, 170K)

The fact the nexus of technology is right behind the horticulture center is making me t want o throw my computer through the window

Many advices can be given
But what's you will play? What build?

but my idea is objectively better than the one currently in the game, guess my iq if it's so low idiot

also you haven't come up with any counterpoint to why my idea wouldn't be better

also I've been on reddit it's full of retards like you that would downvote any intelligent thought

just because one slave development likes fallout that doesn't make everything he's ever done perfect, forcefields work like shit

slav developer

>also I've been on reddit
I could tell that by your spacing.

I typed the same way before idiot, Yea Forums 10 years ago, reddit 2 years ago now I'm back here, you're so fucking far beneath me in every category

Get a room you two

you forgot to guess my iq as well

Opinions on Aimed shot? How about Barrel Stare?

this faggot can't come up with an argument so he's just sucked my dick all thread, his brain doesn't function properly

I usually play close range + traps + stealth in this kind of games, I don't like "magic" or "psi" like powers, I also sneak my way through a lot of things and use persuassion when it's absolutely necessary.

>I usually play close range + traps + stealth in this kind of games
Knifes with stealth, traps are good support too, although it requires preparation
>use persuassion when it's absolutely necessary
Unlike many RPGs, you cannot do a 'pacifist' run, Persuation will help you to get the best outcome/get you the best lore, but at the end of the day you will still have to fight, in your own

Play on normal difficulty, Oddity exp
Knifes are a Dexterity based weapon, pump it up, agility will help too

Also pump dodge/evasion

>Aimed shot
Doesn't work with shotguns.
>Barrel Stare
+20% at melee range sounds weaker than other choices and I think it would consistently fuck things up by compelling me to hug enemies when I shouldn't.

great, thanks for the tips!

>Knife fag jumps me
>Cheap shots incapacitate procs just right for him to get 3 fucking turns of uninterrupted damage
This game is some real bullshit sometimes

Bob? That's a weird name for a lady.

Brings back the memories of being slaughtered by rogues in vanilla.

Can I stick with regular shotguns through the game or do combat shotguns become necessary at a point?

Suggestion:
Pump melee, stealth, dodge/evasion to the max every level
Also do crafting, your most relevant crafting ability is Tailoring (to craft leather suits), then mechanics (to craft knifes) and electronics (to craft yourself shields and nice stuff)
Persuation helps but it's not a real urgent priority

Also it's wise to put some points in throwing, you gonna need them

It's short for Bobette.

Locust music is starting to get in my nerves

I really appreciate your input user. I also forgot to ask, what general frame of shotgun should I be using?

As opposed to aimed shot, is Knee Shot worth it? I guess I am just trying to find out what perks to fill up my levels as I can tell which big ones are great, but there are some levels where I am not sure. This is my current idea for the first 14 levels.

Attached: e5a6d2be17aba02cd9fb2c6af6fcffd4.png (448x162, 7K)

>finally cleared Deport A with new character
>Chemo gun + TM and Thought Control
>feels weak as fuck
Is this normal? New Ironman bandits are nuts. They can throw grenades and one grenade = death for me. And god dammit this fucking kneecap shot is pure nightmare. Not talking about psikers who just stun me. Everyone has big amount of hp and crits non stop. Meanwhile my chemo gun miss 90& of time and deal pretty shitty damage. This TM school feels like garbage too outside points buff/debuff

To all Tin cans with Juggernauth feat
>Badly hurt
>Unequipt metal armor
>Heal to full hp
>Equip metal armor
>Spent less medication on healing

Is it usual to want to restart in the mid game? I am level 15 and honestly sort of want to make a new character. My character has some skills that I regret putting points into, and I don't like two of my feats. I also am playing on Normal and this is my very first time playing. Maybe I can make a new character on Hard.

Attached: 1452993821553.jpg (273x366, 24K)

>play normal for 2-3 playthroughs
>finally give Dominating a go with my fave chem pistol build
>every fight I have to use everything at my disposal
>Grenades, choke points, caltrops, traps, Chem pistol effects
>Its the most fun i've had with the game

Finish on normal then you can refine your build/make a new one for harder difficulties.

conditioning and juggernaut are best saved for later
conditioning will give you like 15% reduction on attacks; which means you'll only be subtracting a point or two at most at lower levels
whereas juggernaut requires your armor piece to have an armor penalty of at least 50%, which you're not going to have until like 6th+
so if you can take those gun feats earlier, do so

assuming kneecap shot works with shotguns, I'd take it, sooner rather than later
attacks like kneecap shot are "special attacks" so they get the bonus from smart goggles
again I can't really tell you more about the shotgun feats than you can know by reading them

>thought control
Shouldve gone with psychokinesis at 25 just for force field, the whole idea of chem pistols is to control the fight through use of the extra effects, combining them with grenades and other hazards is the key

Thought control (and metathermics) is pointless without high will, even mirror images scale with skill. You'll always be lagging behind enemy's Resolve. 45 Psychokinesis and 55 TM is all you need if you're not maxing Will.

Damn. I probably shouldn't try to play with hybrid build for first playthrough. Thought control is pretty cool school tho.

Kneecap is a DoT based on the damage you did. It's fucking nuts on shotguns, especially because you can double the DoT with specialization

I really appreciate the advice. I decided to get Juggernaut and or Conditioning later, not sure which yet precisely (I don't have a gun feat I can get at level 1) and get Kneecap Shot since it works with shotguns.

I am just assuming Fragmented + Critical Power works like I think it does, right?

Attached: f5317b50d6c19e75c53224179ca1e298.png (434x195, 8K)

if you use trainshot, it raises your crit bonus by 83%
with crit power, that should be 208%
I don't see any reason it wouldnt work this way

Attached: 20190817101928_1.jpg (1736x910, 666K)

kek

Amazing.

Attached: 1557717062817.jpg (451x363, 36K)

>Spec Ops conveniently don't show up on the build where I could detonate all of them in an instant

Fuckers.

Attached: Get out of here.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Fucking Black Sea critters burning through my supplies
I want the natives back, or the Strongmen

I've beaten the game twice and gotten through a large chunk of it like 4 times and I've never made a character with high persuasion or intimidation.

DOMIchad. The difficulty gives me a rush, too.

streamable.com/bvqt4

Attached: 1565756376195.png (1020x1092, 31K)

You can ring the alarm yourself to bring them in, I trapped up their little garage entrance and laughed a lot at them

Knife + Stealth or Sword + Riot?

Well I've never even talked to a single character

knife stealth

knife + stealth will be easier and more reliable, but less straightforward and with a lower ceiling

kek

Well I just left the Nexus of technology
This was such a fucking miserable experiencie, barely made it out alive

Which build requires the most player skill? Doesn't matter if it lsn't the most efficient

Sniper or crossbows for finesse
Pure tin can sledgehammers because you're always going against the river

Crossbow they seem to have a lot of hurdles

any bad build?
>200% CD for healing
Is the only for player? I want to play on hard but damn

>Is the only for player?
Please, how the fuck would enemies even survive for five turns for this to matter? They rarely even have more than one hypo.

Aegis camp
I'm so happy to see you again

I'm leaving this place for a while
Fuck the Black Sea, and fuck everyone in it

If "player skill" means combat tactics, psi with tranquility. It's the only build that should calculate every enemy move multiple turns ahead while managing your cooldowns unless you just abuse the AI like a shitter

If "player skill" means how much shit you have to do to prepare and how many retarded metagame tricks you need, then traps only.

They also heal more than you.

I searched the whole Nexus of Technology and got the quest to the find thing, but the quest to search the Nexus of Technology is still up and I can't tell Oldfield anything, what gives?

Evolution is Tchort, brother.

Does anyone have that picture of ridiculous damage numbers for several builds?

Okay lets recapitulate

>Go to the Nexus of Technology to do the quest
>Carefully maneuver sea snakes on my frail and slow scrap set ski
>Too fucking long for my tastes but eventually manage to land infront of the nexus
>Cant meet the agility check, left all my infused cave hopper leather back home
>Walking it is, meet crabbos, dealt with them but consumed several batteries
>Sea wyrms being fucking assholes constantly acid entangling me, only survive because flashbangs, force field, disruptive field, sprint and Last Stand
>Ridiculous amounts of crabs and specially psi crabs burn through all my psi boosters and leaves me with a few magnesium grenades/gas nades
>Enter the caves, fucking spiders everywhere, creepers are but an annoyance since they cannot pierce my metal armor, but weavers fucking webbing everytime and sniping me from distance
>Escape there using all my incendiary nades, ran out of repair kits, gear slowly degrading
>Also ran out of batteries, hammer is unpowered and no more shields

found it

Someone needs to find out the highest possible damage output

Attached: 1565272554717.png (454x271, 120K)

>Enter the nexus, welcoming party of 3 psi crabbos
>Improvise with bear traps and caltrops, barely won
>Explore around, hand maidens happens, no shields to protect me this time
>Fuckloads of EMP nades saves my ass, but I splash myself and drain my jackhammer, and no TNT, fuck
>Fucking hermit crabs and their constant dazing attacks on me
>Finally leave that place, completely ran out of supplies and medications
>Step out of the elevator, fucking statue comes to life
>Unironically scream as naga plasma blast me twice at 250% combat speed, jump scare, survive with 50 hp
>Sprint, electric imprint, force field, run through brap, praying the door opens
>See naga closely following behind, nope from there on my beautiful scrap set ski
>Ski ran out of batteries, fuck
>Carefully and slowly avoid sea serpents on my way back to the Aegis camp with just 28 hp remaining
>Locust tries to attack me but escaped just in time
>Praying I'm outside serpents field of view
>Reach camp, sweet sweet land
>Drink Juice and leave

Fuck dudes I think I just aged 2 or 3 years after all this stress
Still fun

does expertise apply to bare fists?

Chem pistol only, no energy weps

This game is eating me alive. Made a guy focused on shooting/throwing/hacking/lockpicking, rest is going into mechanics/tailoring and mercantile/persuasion.
I just made it through that GMS compound quest by the skin of my teeth and I'm struggling with ammo and generally getting any fucking damage done. The 5mm I mostly have to use is a god damn peashooter; are the hammer frames weapons the only pistols even remotely worth it?
Since my weapon broke down again I had to switch to 9mm and 7.62 and use the few bullets I had for those.
Also found an assault rifle on one of the raiders in level 3, please tell me it's going to be easier from now on.

>please tell me it's going to be easier from now on
Yes until you reach Depot A

vs robots, use EMP nades and HE nades

no evasion & dodge
con 3
low initiative
we're up for a fun ride

It's close to that 35k. Maybe 40k if you can get max contamination stacks before the target dies.

so execute works on energy pistols. nice

Please tell me you're at least taking power management. Energy shield is basically your only defense

If I only want to craft heavy armor and regular guns, can I make do without electronics? Or is it mandatory for equipment like googles?

You need it for goggles and scopes if you use that, as well as shields. Shields are mandatory.

Well shit. On that note, should I pickup disassemble and gun nut? It feels like getting all the feats in is a tight fit.

Disassemble is good if you want to scam money out of people, but it isn't strictly necessary. I never really got it on a character. Gun Nut is okay if you have literally no other decent talent to grab because it is a nice little damage boost, but it is a very low priority for me. I'd only grab it if you have nothing else good to take.

Also, remember to always make Low/Low shields. They're the best by far.

sword + riot shield can abuse captains cutlass during enemy turns to stack up 3 ripostes and fire them off on your own turn with Red Dragon

When do you guys take the Red Pill on characters that are using Psi only as support? Maybe I am wrong but it seems like a waste to grab it at level 1 if you are just using Temporal stuff. You'd probably want to wait until a bit later, right?

This, no one can ignore electronics.

temporal alone is already pretty great to handle psi beetles and sentry bots

>Low/Low shields
Dont need that shit if you kill melee and crossbow fucks first

Versatility yes or no? Is it a crutch if you run out of bullets or actually a good feat?

It is still better than anything else. A high/high shield won't stop you from getting one shot by snipers. A Low/Low can and will protect you from crossbows, melee, pistols, SMGs, and even ARs. Low/Low is honestly just so much better than the others I wish Styg would buff them or fix it.

Its trash. 60% might as well be 0%.

>found a Low shield
>about to have to go through the Burrower mine
Will I be okay? What makes a shield X/X as opposed to simply X?

When you craft a shield you can put two emitters on it, which makes it stronger. You can use any combination of two (So stuff like Low/Low, Low/Mid, Low/High) and it will change the stats based upon the combination. When you craft a shield you definitely should put two Lows in.

Until you can craft a good shield, using just a low one you find is definitely better than nothing.

Sup sseth. Glad to see you are still gathering footage, unironicaly hyped to see a legit review from you.

>no edgy katana

:(

Attached: pssssh.png (539x378, 299K)

Don't need shields at all if you kill everyone first.
The point is, low shields block high speed just fine.

How you know he's sseth?

WOOF
WOOF
WOOF
WOOF
Wish this fucker would sell me a Doctor's Pouch so I can go about my business already.

Attached: woof.jpg (1700x1080, 414K)

Apparently by that portrait. It's from some old game that Sseth reviewed or something in that area.

almost

Attached: wizard.0.jpg (640x480, 60K)

Is it possible to make a firearm pistol build or is it just eternally Hammerer sidearm for sniper rifle tier?

Might be better off checking Blaine and Old Jonas. Barring that, looting Surgeon in the arena always has one.

Dogs are fucking annoying.

This thing looks pretty good, is it worth the money or am I being blinded by the step-up in gear in the Junkyard?

Attached: stuff.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

Never had luck with Blaine. Where did Jonas fuck off to after he was hanging out in the Crossroads early on?

The cafeteria in the commons area of SGS.