Why's there no Cyber in "Cyber"punk 2077?

Why's there no Cyber in "Cyber"punk 2077?

Attached: cybershit.jpg (3834x2154, 2.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7P8xKJacPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=c90fR9dUWMs
cyberpunk.net/en/news/29533/gameplay-stream-announcement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because you don't want cyberpunk, what you really want is noirepunk.
Everyone that is in love with Blade Runner doesn't understand that Blade Runner isn't standard cyberpunk, it's noirepunk, a specific subgenre.
You should've read more actual cyberpunk literature growing up.

The fuck you on about you dumb nigger, haven't you seen the downtown from the game trailers or gameplay.

I have and it looks about as big as Hong Kong. Nothing like the huge mega cities in other Cyberpunk media.

Attached: hong-kong-nightlife.jpg.jpg (1600x900, 316K)

Why wouldn't they just take the hubpill like Deus Ex?

Attached: 1541450016047.jpg (841x898, 188K)

meant for

so what youre saying is that every cyberpunk movie anime or game before cp2077 wasnt actually cyberpunk and the only real cyberpunk is cp2077 which looks like Los Santos but with a couple more grey skyscrapers?

Attached: cyberpunk-2077-image-7.jpg (3840x2160, 1.45M)

Nope, learn to read you mentally incapacitated faggot bitch, fuck you.

Attached: image.jpg (480x360, 102K)

I did and you started talking about Blade Runner not being Cyberpunk when no one even brought up Blade Runner.

Attached: 4ol07ife2kw11.png (1007x720, 812K)

Nice failed thread, faggot. Fuck you.

Attached: image.jpg (1115x625, 148K)

Supposed to be 2077, looks like Cali in 2007

>read literature to gain an understanding of visual themes
bruh

Attached: akira.jpg (900x474, 494K)

Because they try to emulate AAA companies, which mean they market their game around buzzwords such as "open world".
TW3 should have been hubpill as well : Roach is such a pain in the ass.

sun bad
tall building with blue lights good

>photoshopping cod4 or some shit into the screenshot to make it worse

nice falseflag nigger

> cyberpunk is a visual theme
t. tranny zoomer faggot kike trying to co-opt and change what cyberpunk actually is

Attached: image.jpg (640x739, 272K)

>every media that has to do with cyberpunk looks like blade runner
>dude blade runner isnt cyberpunk, read a book!!

Attached: 1549845716409.png (218x288, 22K)

without the cod4 gun it'd look like dead island or dead rising lol

Attached: 1529233723673.jpg (250x243, 29K)

t. incel who never read the books

Attached: image.jpg (696x390, 85K)

>even at their peak, it was 91.5
OH NO NO NO

It was a nation designed by Jews, of course they're going to aim for a nice, docile population of retards. They don't call them goyim for nothing.

Attached: image.jpg (327x327, 73K)

zoomers please learn what cyberpunk is and stop stating it's just a visual style with MUH NEON LIGHTS AND MUH NIGHTTIME holy fucking shit

I see these threads everyday, 24/7. To the people who keep posting in them, what do you do with your life? Are you proud that 18+ years of your life has culminated up to this moment of you shitposting day after day? Don't reply to me with an answer, think to yourself for a good while.

>every depiction of cyberpunk in the media in the last 40 years has been wrong!!!
>muh books!!

>watches Blade Runner once
>"I am now an expert on the cyberpunk genre"

Cyber means night time now bro, it's 2019. Sick new cyberpunk game called Minecraft, dude.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x986, 2.43M)

The aesthetic is just as much part of the setting as the rest. Cyberpunk just looks like a post ap GTA game in a modern Chinese city.

> hasn't explored the source material
> 'b-but muh movies!'

Attached: image.jpg (900x750, 202K)

These are low tier corporate AI shills though.

After RED started receiving money from the government they were obligated to contract feminists and americans. The result is what you see today.
Entire features removed and altered, fuck they removed even the rpg and put a ''action-adventure'' title. Is hilarious to see that the first trailer is so different from what is now today that looks like another game.

Didn't Gibson say that 2077 doesn't look like Cyberpunk at all?

This still applies to them

Also, is funny that the people who watched a cyberpunk atmosphere being changed to a GTA V atmosphere with palm trees, sun and small buildings now talk shit saying that its still a cyberpunk atmosphere.

He changed his mind once he saw more.

Nope he said it was exactly what he envisioned every time he even looked at a pen or a piece of paper. Bitch.

Attached: image.jpg (960x605, 494K)

You mean once he received death threats from mentally ill CDPRdrones?

Source, incel? That's what I fuckin' thought, homo.

Attached: image.jpg (644x493, 240K)

I remember when cyberpunk fans criticized steampunk for being aesthetic with no substance.

So far the environments don't look too inspired. Should've called Arkane for help

Everyone here should read Neuromancer, it is an excellent novel.

>t-tranny
GC: Traditional sci-fi tends to be strangely sexless and yet we see in the real world that that’s the first thing people think of when new technology emerges. But CDPR keep get themselves in trouble with the portrayal of gender and trans issues. Have you changed your approach to how you deal with those sorts of things in the last year or so?
MJ: You know, we really want to make a video game that’s really inclusive.

GC: I’ve spoken to a number of your devs now and it’s obvious to me they’re trying to do the right thing, but it’s such a difficult subject.
MJ: Of course, if you tackle certain subjects then you will expect people to have an opinion about it and we respect that. And it’s good that people give us feedback. And our character creation menu, for instance, compared to the last demo we now give you so many more options. For instance, you don’t choose your gender anymore. You don’t choose, ‘I want to be a female or male character’ you now choose a body type. Because we want you to feel free to create any character you want. So you choose your body type and we have two voices, one that’s male sounding, one is female sounding. You can mix and match. You can just connect them any way you want. And then we have a lot of extra skin tones and tattoos and hairstyles. So we really want to give people the freedom to make their own character and play the way they want to play.

GC: Have you specifically sought out a wider range of people to consult on the game, since all these controversies started flaring up?
MJ: Our team is very international and very diverse but we have asked for a lot of feedback. We just wanna know what we can improve on because we want to make a really good game and we really wanna make a game that everybody is comfortable playing. But at the same time we’ll tackle difficult issues. It is a cyberpunk world after all.

You mispelled steampunk

Dishonored had the most utterly drab world ever seen in fiction

These new screenshots are from a district in Night City called Pacifica, this game was abandoned mid development in 2010, that's why you don't have neon shit everywhere. Do some fucking research before op.

Attached: noRHaHdUPbcvhBmjYyGnAS-1200-80.jpg (720x405, 132K)

By game I meant place*
And the development stopped in 2020

> claims Philip K. Dick was harassed by fans of the game
> asked for sources
> strawmans about diversity and liberalism
You fucking Jazis are such a joke. Fuckin' lucky you're talking to me online, pussy.

Attached: image.jpg (696x390, 92K)

>Philip K. Dick
that dude died in the 80s, retard

Steampunk is absolute garbage, so it's okay to shit on it whenever.

>Source, incel?
Source on Gibson changing his mind?

Proof he wasn't harassed by fans of the game, moron.

Attached: image.jpg (640x640, 264K)

no one mentioned him, idiot

Being insane must be tough.
But being a fucking retard is probably just as bad.

Really hope epic snaps this one up to it'd really be a score for the good guys

I get it, you want a theme or idea from cyberpunk to be communicated visually. The idea of a dark scary advanced city, shown through the dark homogenous mass of imposing buildings everywhere.

What if instead of a less distinct mass though we compromise a bit on the aesthetic, for reasons? A city with many visually distinct buildings has many things going for it. It makes more realistic sense. It was used in cyberpunk stories and movies even like Bladerunner. It's more fun for your artists to make. Players will better be able to find their ways around and they will be more enticed to explore distinctive and unique looking places.

The themes of cyberpunk can still be there, even if they don't hammer them home every second visually.

Attached: cp night city at night.jpg (1920x1080, 506K)

ah yeah
the two upbeat rock/pop songs they released so far sure convey the idea of a scary, advanced and dark city

Attached: 1560702893205.png (1157x1078, 1007K)

I get that they want to show that there's more to Cyberpunk than neon rain at night, but at this point it's like they're afraid to show off the skyscrapers and actual nighttime gameplay. Maybe it looks like shit.

>Cyber is nighttime skylines with neon lights
>Not computing related as in cyberspace

Supreme bait.

>Pacifica is the most dangerous part of town, abandoned and overrun by gang activity. Separated from the rest of the city, it's a place of immense poverty. Originally it going to be fancy place of hotels and malls but investors pulled out and abandoned the district

So yeah. What you're looking for, the more "classic" neon-soaked cyberpunk visuals, are located in the richer, more corporate districts of the game. The City Center especially, which they haven't shown yet.

>The city center is the heart of corporations, it is a cluster of neon and the quintessence of luxury.

Attached: megabuilding2.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

Why do people still shitpost about this game?

so pic related is the definition of cyberpunk? woah..

Attached: cyberpunk-2077_6076108.jpg (3840x2160, 565K)

>nooooooo it looks too modern
exactly, that district had it investors pulled out and left and has been abandoned before 2020
so in a sense, cdpr actually nailed it
you may shitpost and cope as much as you please

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1752x2056, 496K)

>"and we have a HUGE open world"
>10+ million copies sold

>dude biomes every district looks completely different with different buildings
I hate this meme

Why do people think that skyscrapers would change designs in the future?
They are already perfect as they are.
In what way can they be further improved?

Hong Kong is pretty cyberpunk

Have you ever set foot in a major city ever?

High tech, low life. So yes that picture is kind of good for cyberpunk.

There's nothing wrong with a non-traditional cyberpunk setting, but come on the game is called CYBERPUNK. Shouldn't it be as traditional as can be?

It's being traditional to it's source material while it evolves to fit the time skip from 2020

This just in, Akira isn't Cyberpunk.

Attached: akira-watching-02-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-750x350.jpg (750x350, 65K)

hey, wood lol

Ghost in the Shell isn't Cyberpunk

Attached: Ghost_Shell_1995_Screenshot_1076.jpg (1200x650, 83K)

Anyone with a 4th grade reading level knows dystopian future =/= cyberpunk

>cyberpunk is about the decline of society
>degeneracy, lawlessness, and corporatism are the norm
>gets offended by an option to be a tranny

Johnny Mnemonic is not cyberpunk

Attached: johnny mnemonic.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

These are because they both have actual cyberpunk themes.

This just in, game called Cyberpunk 2077 with cyberpunk themes doesn't actually have cyberpunk themes because user says so

Attached: cp netrunner.jpg (3840x2160, 377K)

>OP only knows normie-tier of cyberpunk
What a faggot. I bet you listen to synthwave too, you freshman bitch.

Attached: 1420515403273.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

People who think cyberpunk games should only be at night only ever reference a total of two (2) movies or other games because the entire genre is so small.

Who are you quoting I never said that. Akira and Blade Runner aren't cyber punk specifically because they lack "cyber" part of it - the ubiquitous network/matrix/internet. Cyberpunk 2077 obviously does and it meets the other criteria to be cyberpunk.

>people aren't allowed to be people if they live in a shitty situation

plenty of Tranny's tho

Just call it diversity punk.

Clove St.

Home.

Is it true that you can play as a tranny prostitute in this game?

Dude wow holy shit letys whitch hunt ansd cancel these cuckoords pray to jesus

This is not rpg anymore

>he thinks cyber in cyberpunk means the matrix
Cyber is for cybernetics when it comes to the genre itself.
I believe the matrix/network/internet have their own genre name

good lord, this game is fucking ugly and not in a aesthetically pleasing way.

Countless dozen shots you could have chosen from the 2077 videos but instead you chose those two. Pathetic troll thread OP, kys.

Attached: 1560224159493.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

No it is literally for cyberspace. Read Gibson.

No

Attached: 1560692168008.png (720x992, 598K)

oh nononono

This actually is, but you aren’t seeing the “punk”. The criminals are the punks, this is actually a unique statist perspective, it’s part of why it has endured in the face of a lot of other media.

>but two upbeat songs
That's nitpicking two songs out of how many they'll have. I don't think a game has to perpetually and always hammer home their themes at all times. If a game expresses ideas and themes well it doesn't need to do it at all times in order to convey what it wants to convey.

They also showed a trailer that had crime, violence, signs of seedy activity, computer hacking, and cybernetics. In the video of the gameplay demo there was a cybernetic stealing gang of body snatchers with their victims dying in a bathtub, sans their cyber limbs, and the main character is trying to reactivate an electronic emergency signal on one of the cyborg victims. These things show both darkness and high technology. These make Night City seem dark and dangerous while also high tech and interesting.

delet

Attached: 1560225396017.jpg (1648x654, 370K)

don't drag keanu into your shitposting.

why did you shop a mp5 from cod4 into bottom left, did you need to fuck up the image to make your point not look retarded

This is how the world should look
youtube.com/watch?v=r7P8xKJacPQ

user I was being sarcastic

>MUH BOOKS
>MUH MOVIES
>MUH DEFINITION OF CYBERPUNK
I don't give a fuck, I like GitS and Blade Runner as an aesthetic, that's what most people consider cyberpunk, because it's a lot more interesting than this shit, I couldn't give less of a fuck about your incel whining over how it's actually not REAL cyberpunk and REAL cyberpunk is boring bland GTAV with slightly toned down colours and some prosthetic, because that's bland and boring and in the end that is what matters. Not the fucking definition of the term cyberpunk, or what some autistic retard thinks CP is, or what it was in Neuromancer. In short for you small heads:
>INTERESTING GOOD
>BORING BAD

Also it's a massively marketed game with free-roam that brought out a big name actor on-stage and the last game they released was TW3. It's going to be average at best and anyone who has been following games for more than a pair of years fucking knows this.

Attached: 1561008922964.jpg (1440x810, 225K)

have sex braincel

>don't drag reddit zoomer lord into this

Attached: 1560147281829.png (730x485, 163K)

>After viewing the first 20 minutes of landmark cyberpunk film Blade Runner (1982), which was released when Gibson had written a third of the novel, he "figured [Neuromancer] was sunk, done for. Everyone would assume I’d copied my visual texture from this astonishingly fine-looking film."
Gibson himself said the aesthetic was perfect cyberpunk

Day City is the least of this game's problems now that it has come out that CDPR are huge fucking tranny supporters and supporters of USA progressive cancer.

Clearly hormones are making you bitchy, do everyone a favor and 40% yourself.

I just find the look of the city hilarious in how they fail at making it look like a shithole that they are trying to make it out to be, everything is too well maintained, its just looks like the place has a slight littering problem, you would expect a corporate-libertarian dystopia to not have such great looking roads.

HAHAHA

Attached: 8da1289a1603deeb133204673c7d4e2d9dbdb7d63fa8b64f992854eed09fec9b.jpg (600x400, 31K)

You must live in a nigger ghetto if you think that's well maintained.

>GitS
Not Cyberpunk! Too much sun!

We just got our first glimpse of cyberspace in 2077:
youtube.com/watch?v=c90fR9dUWMs
(new mini-trailer starts at 2:50)
And those screenshots are very reminiscent of GITS, which is a good thing.

There is absolutely nothing there that is new.

Attached: Cyberpunk 2077 — Official E3 2019 Gameplay Sneak Peek 540.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

I missed that footage somehow then, I hadn't seen any of that in the actual trailers so far and it was announced as a Stadia trailer (lol) but I was referring to the bit at the very end of that webm right after V enters the bathtub. It's clearly cyberspace as an 'alternate reality' like Neuromancer/GITS/Shadowrun. So, done right, hopefully.

They'll probably be somewhat self-contained levels considering CDPR probably didn't create an entire cyberspace reality 1:1 with or for every real-world location so hopefully it'll be another fun aspect of the game.

Even though this weird meme shit about him is excruciating and obnoxious he's still cool as hell.

shit guys we broke him

Attached: 1402123509310.jpg (285x280, 15K)

You're right though, I simply missed the sneak peek E3 trailer somehow, so ignore my comment that this is the first glimpse of cyberspace, well, it was for me yesterday.

cyberpunk.net/en/news/29533/gameplay-stream-announcement

imagine being this pseud

this but unironically.

This game better have hacking and diplomacy.

HACK THE MACHINES

>cool

Attached: 1496542364938.webm (1024x426, 2.9M)

Is this really a scene in the movie? What the fuck is this garbage?

To clarify, I'm talking about Keanu Reeves, not John Wick.

so you're saying in a cyberpunk setting the entire world is absolutely covered in skyscrapers and slums? you guys suck. read Snowcrash, because yes, books can show you things if you have an imagination

>its not neonoircyberdigitalvaporpunk its mechinicalindustrialsteampunk
imagine arguing about this gay shit shut the fuck up faggots. I love bladerunner but you homos are really ruining it for me

burger education right here

>it should all be a shit hole
But some parts of it clearly are shit holes infested and run by gangs and low lives.

Some "kinda low lives" have jobs and are somewhat decent and they keep their area looking decent. Their places should look okay because they make an effort not to be shit.

Some areas of the city are dominated by the rich and corporations. Why wouldn't their areas look sterile and clean?

>have nothing to discuss regarding the game's mechanics so endlessly rage on about muh trannies or muh not cyberpunk
Really that desperate to nail this game down?

>cyberpunk is just regular shit bro, you have to ignore the word cyber that’s the trick
listen to yourself ffs